31%

Total votes: 16
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 283
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Fallout 2: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game [Day 1]

Post by staypositivefriend »

Dom wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:23 am I was not actually misunderstanding. I was miscommunicating. I knew what sloonei meant. I just didn't express myself correctly. I stated this, however, very clearly.
Any reason you're trying to make this about me?
you asked me to explain why i found your post suspicious, did you not?
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 59

Post by Spacedaisy »

Dom wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:18 am I agree on that.
Do you think his tone has been particularly serious?
No, I wouldn't characterize his play as either too serious or too jokey. I kind of wrote this accusation off because old schoolers like the three of us come from games where shitposting was not a thing. So it's not surprising for one of to throw out an actual accusation on Day 1.

The only thing that keeps me from calling him null is probably that accusation.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 195
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:23 am i townlean esooa
can you explain this a bit more
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Urist
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 560

Post by Urist »

Dom wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:16 am
Urist wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:08 am Good for you then sloonz
Are you always this lazy?

I mean, yes i have been saying since the start of the game that i would prefer to coast
But also he just said he disagreed with me, not sure what other response is possible other than a big ol "K."
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 686
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

What about Dom?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I take it linki has been disabled. Well this should be fun. :sigh:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:19 am i've been a little defensive/cagey about it in the last page or so because i've felt that i've been answering the exact same questions for the last 7 pages. it's a point that feels so nitpicky and semantic to me, so for it to be a heavy focus for multiple people is a little bit grating, especially since i tend to get overly focused on the pressure on me in the early game (which tends to make the situation worse, lol)

i asked you that question because your progression toward me rubbed me the wrong way a little bit. you came into the thread with a piggyback of a suspicion that sloonei had already outed - but then you misunderstood the reasons for his suspicion, and then still doubled down even when you got corrected. when i paired that with the fact that i felt i had already gone into detail about that progression already, it made me concerned that your scumhunting was coming from a shallow place. it wasn't an actual scumread though - moreso just me getting pinged in the moment and wanting to see how you reacted to shade
by the way, Jess (spf) being sort of destabilized in a sense from the game because of getting pressured as town is a real thing. She's mentioned it as town a ~couple times before, so definitely could do it again as mafia to sort of level her play/say a "towny" thing ig, but the fact she's not under any, kinda, *real* threat here makes me feel like it's not just an excuse/attempt to get pressure off herself, but a real statement

Unsure how confident I am on this
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

Funny
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 242

Post by Dom »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:24 am
Dom wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:23 am I was not actually misunderstanding. I was miscommunicating. I knew what sloonei meant. I just didn't express myself correctly. I stated this, however, very clearly.
I did.
Why was the opportunity to explain yourself turned into an opportunity to accuse an accuser? Can you substantiate yourself or were you hoping that I'm an easy target?

Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:24 am
Dom wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:18 am I agree on that.
Do you think his tone has been particularly serious?
No, I wouldn't characterize his play as either too serious or too jokey. I kind of wrote this accusation off because old schoolers like the three of us come from games where shitposting was not a thing. So it's not surprising for one of to throw out an actual accusation on Day 1.

The only thing that keeps me from calling him null is probably that accusation.
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:25 am I take it linki has been disabled. Well this should be fun. :sigh:
it's painful, but if it was sacrificed for multiquote i will take it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

Oops
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Esooa wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:27 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:19 am i've been a little defensive/cagey about it in the last page or so because i've felt that i've been answering the exact same questions for the last 7 pages. it's a point that feels so nitpicky and semantic to me, so for it to be a heavy focus for multiple people is a little bit grating, especially since i tend to get overly focused on the pressure on me in the early game (which tends to make the situation worse, lol)

i asked you that question because your progression toward me rubbed me the wrong way a little bit. you came into the thread with a piggyback of a suspicion that sloonei had already outed - but then you misunderstood the reasons for his suspicion, and then still doubled down even when you got corrected. when i paired that with the fact that i felt i had already gone into detail about that progression already, it made me concerned that your scumhunting was coming from a shallow place. it wasn't an actual scumread though - moreso just me getting pinged in the moment and wanting to see how you reacted to shade
by the way, Jess (spf) being sort of destabilized in a sense from the game because of getting pressured as town is a real thing. She's mentioned it as town a ~couple times before, so definitely could do it again as mafia to sort of level her play/say a "towny" thing ig, but the fact she's not under any, kinda, *real* threat here makes me feel like it's not just an excuse/attempt to get pressure off herself, but a real statement

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I want @Jackofhearts2005 to post bc i miss him
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

@Spacedaisy
You said I'm coming in hot. You just gassing me up? :)
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:25 am I take it linki has been disabled. Well this should be fun. :sigh:
The people have spoken, and linki is basically a thing of the past now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Dom wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:28 am

idk how to explain it succinctly

basically; the fact Jess is explaining herself in the way she is, makes me feel like her emotions are genuine, rather than an attempt to get pressure off herself

Mostly because she's not really under enough pressure for me to believe that scum!Jess would need to give what amounts to AtE to get that pressure off her, and rather it feels like town!Jess expressing how she's actually feeling
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Esooa wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:30 am

basically; the fact Jess is explaining herself in the way she is, makes me feel like her emotions are genuine, rather than an attempt to get pressure off herself

Mostly because she's not really under enough pressure for me to believe that scum!Jess would need to give what amounts to AtE to get that pressure off her, and rather it feels like town!Jess expressing how she's actually feeling
You seem to know spf better than I do.
What do you think of her accusation of me?
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

Going to sleep now bye
Looking forward to waking up to 30 fucktons of posts
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Dom wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:30 am @Spacedaisy
Nah, I liked it. You came in playing and it was a serious townlook. Feel confident most confident in you and Epi atm.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Dom wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:27 am
I did.
Why was the opportunity to explain yourself turned into an opportunity to accuse an accuser? Can you substantiate yourself or were you hoping that I'm an easy target?
huh? you asked me to explain why i got pinged by you, and i did. why are you framing my answer to your question as me choosing to accuse you? i'm pretty confused by this post, tbh
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Dom wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:32 am
Esooa wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:30 am

You seem to know spf better than I do.
What do you think of her accusation of me?
well, don't take this as me having a god read on her, but we are dating :p

I'm not sure, let me re-read it
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:30 am
The people have spoken, and linki is basically a thing of the past now.
I am a person and I am very sad about this, it's hard to know where I fucking left off.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:32 am
Nah, I liked it. You came in playing and it was a serious townlook. Feel confident most confident in you and Epi atm.
I'm not leaning any way on Epi. Why are you?

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:32 am
I did.
huh? you asked me to explain why i got pinged by you, and i did. why are you framing my answer to your question as me choosing to accuse you? i'm pretty confused by this post, tbh
You accused me.
You didn't really pursue that. Or try and investigate those thoughts. Now you're asking why I'm asking you about your accusation?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Esooa wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:25 am
my understanding is that your scum game is fairly rigid and focused on asserting specific agendas/narratives within the thread - i haven't felt at all like you've been trying to reinforce any specific narratives with your approach in this game. you made a post defending me and then immediately made a post pointing out something about me that you find suspicious. you came into the game w/a slightly aggressive push on sloonei, and then your tone toward him subtly softened after you had an exchange. you've been pushy about getting people to acknowledge your long con read, but in a way that feels more like it stems from the frustration of being unheard and not because you want long con to perceived in a specific way

it just feels agenda-free, and i usually take that as a good sign for you. this post made me re-skim your iso, and i will say that viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2055&p=736533#p736533 made me a little nervous lol - made me wonder if that post was a roundabout way of trying to pocket me, by playing up your concern about me
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:54 am i got the reactions that i wanted. it felt a little mean to continue hiding my reads when my refusal to out them had become a focal point of conversation, and when it was directly annoying someone that i had started townreading from it (foresight)

are you wolf that's piggybacking off of sloonei's argument
this one? It's kinda meh, but I don't really scum read it

btw, can you say why you asked me?
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Dom wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:34 am I'm not leaning any way on Epi. Why are you?
His reads look natural, and he looks like he's actually trying despite using a gimmick. One which I am totally enjoying ftr.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Esooa wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:34 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:54 am i got the reactions that i wanted. it felt a little mean to continue hiding my reads when my refusal to out them had become a focal point of conversation, and when it was directly annoying someone that i had started townreading from it (foresight)

are you wolf that's piggybacking off of sloonei's argument
this one? It's kinda meh, but I don't really scum read it

btw, can you say why you asked me?
Because you defended her to me but didn't mention the reason why I was suspecting her.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Dom wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:34 am

I did.
You accused me.
You didn't really pursue that. Or try and investigate those thoughts. Now you're asking why I'm asking you about your accusation?
you asked me why i got pinged by you. i explained why i got pinged by you. my read on you naturally softened once i realized that i reacted a bit too strongly to your initial post (which i'll expand on when i answer sloonei's question in a moment), and i've been dialoguing with you for the last ~20 minutes in part to get a better read on you. i am straight up confused by this line of questioning
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:37 am

I did.
You accused me.
you asked me why i got pinged by you. i explained why i got pinged by you. my read on you naturally softened once i realized that i reacted a bit too strongly to your initial post (which i'll expand on when i answer sloonei's question in a moment), and i've been dialoguing with you for the last ~20 minutes in part to get a better read on you. i am straight up confused by this line of questioning
You're confused that I am interested in your lazy accusations?
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:34 am
my understanding is that your scum game is fairly rigid and focused on asserting specific agendas/narratives within the thread - i haven't felt at all like you've been trying to reinforce any specific narratives with your approach in this game. you made a post defending me and then immediately made a post pointing out something about me that you find suspicious. you came into the game w/a slightly aggressive push on sloonei, and then your tone toward him subtly softened after you had an exchange. you've been pushy about getting people to acknowledge your long con read, but in a way that feels more like it stems from the frustration of being unheard and not because you want long con to perceived in a specific way

it just feels agenda-free, and i usually take that as a good sign for you. this post made me re-skim your iso, and i will say that viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2055&p=736533#p736533 made me a little nervous lol - made me wonder if that post was a roundabout way of trying to pocket me, by playing up your concern about me
can I ask what differences between Sloonei and myself causes the difference in confidence between a town lean and a town read?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:36 am
Dom wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:34 am I'm not leaning any way on Epi. Why are you?
His reads look natural, and he looks like he's actually trying despite using a gimmick. One which I am totally enjoying ftr.
Do you understand this business about KZA then?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Dom wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:38 am

I did.
You accused me.
from my point of view, the exchange just went like:

Dom: why did you suspect me?

SPF: here's why i suspect you

Dom: whoa, why are you focusing on accusing me?

SPF: i'm not focusing on you - i was answering your question

Dom: why aren't you focused on accusing me more?

like....i am not trying to be obtuse or snarky - i am just totally baffled by this line of questioning and i think it might be a good idea if we dropped it
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Esooa wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:39 am

can I ask what differences between Sloonei and myself causes the difference in confidence between a town lean and a town read?
i feel that i have a stronger baseline for how sloonei approaches the game as wolf vs town (since i played in 2 champs games with him and then wolfed in one game with him), whereas my read on you is partially predicated on meta that is mainly guesswork
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:39 am

I did.
You accused me.

like....i am not trying to be obtuse or snarky - i am just totally baffled by this line of questioning and i think it might be a good idea if we dropped it
"It might be good if the person who is accusing me just dropped it"
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:41 am
Esooa wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:39 am

i feel that i have a stronger baseline for how sloonei approaches the game as wolf vs town (since i played in 2 champs games with him and then wolfed in one game with him), whereas my read on you is partially predicated on meta that is mainly guesswork
what did you use to form the basis of that guesswork?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Dom wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:41 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:39 am

I did.
You accused me.

"It might be good if the person who is accusing me just dropped it"
you can keep scumreading me all you want - but you're repeatedly asking me for a question that i already gave you an answer to. i have absolutely zero idea what you're asking, which means our dialogue will probably not be productive at the moment
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Dom wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:39 am
I mean I understand what he's saying, but I think it's misplaced. I can at once say, "I think everything you just said is crap, but I would at least like to see how the other person respond to it" There is nothing suspicious in that to me. the more people talk to easier it is to get reads on them. I don't think it was a case worth following. Even if I think it originated with a civ.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

btw, my particular concern right now is that scum!jess might think I'd take it as a TMI read if she town reads me too early, when she hasn't typically town read me so early before
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

me: "Hey what about this situation made you suspect me?"
spf: "I thought you were bad,"
me: "Right, okay, but your stated goal was to come to a mutual understanding. How did an accusation help you reach that goal?"
spf:
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:25 am
What about Dom?
he might just be town too

i think most of the issue i take with dom stems from a difference in mindset and playstyle moreso than it does alignment

i find his style of questioning confusing/incredibly unclear - but not necessarily wolfy. i think i'm pretty decent at telling when pushes on me are happening in bad faith or good faith, and i don't get the sense that dom's line of questioning is stemming from bad faith - i can practically hear him cackling behind his keyboard as he types the "gotchas", and i can believe that he believes what he's saying even if it's difficult for me to wrap my head around
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:43 am
Dom wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:39 am
I mean I understand what he's saying, but I think it's misplaced. I can at once say, "I think everything you just said is crap, but I would at least like to see how the other person respond to it" There is nothing suspicious in that to me. the more people talk to easier it is to get reads on them. I don't think it was a case worth following. Even if I think it originated with a civ.
I ask because my brain does this when they're talking about it:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:45 am
What about Dom?

i think most of the issue i take with dom stems from a difference in mindset and playstyle moreso than it does alignment

i find his style of questioning confusing/incredibly unclear - but not necessarily wolfy. i think i'm pretty decent at telling when pushes on me are happening in bad faith or good faith, and i don't get the sense that dom's line of questioning is stemming from bad faith - i can practically hear him cackling behind his keyboard as he types the "gotchas", and i can believe that he believes what he's saying even if it's difficult for me to wrap my head around
Again, if your goal is mutual understanding-- how is this helping you get there?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

What about Dom?

I would love to know what @Epignosis thinks of this post.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I hate seeing my typos. I'm sorry guys, I have thyroid issues that have affected my mental focus, so little things like that slip by me. I miss words in sentences or spell them incorrectly. Don't hate me Epi, I already hate myself for it. :haha: Anyway, if anything I say is unclear just let me know.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

spf, i have some cold fences that could use the warmth of your sitting on them.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dom wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:47 am
What about Dom?

Again, if your goal is mutual understanding-- how is this helping you get there?
What is your goal?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Here's a good experiment:
@staypositivefriend, how confident do you think I am in my thoughts on you?
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

btw @staypositivefriend my motivation for posting the thing about wishing I could just know your alignment is uh

I'm having fun parsing through and questioning everything in thread

but it's exhausting

so knowing your alignment as a little bit of a bit from that would be cool
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

bit of a break from that*
staypositivefriend
Hitman

What about Dom?

voicing your concerns about someone is part of reaching a mutual understanding

you posted something i found scummy. i explained why i found it scummy. you responded to my explanation. since that point, we've been going in circles and communicating in an ineffective way that has helped neither of us understand each other before

i would expand on this more, but i fundamentally do not understand your point. it feels like we're speaking two different languages
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:50 am
What about Dom?

What is your goal?
winning the game bruh.

Specifically: exploring the cognitive dissonance I am seeing here.
Generally: understaning players so i can find baddies

Return to “Previous Jobs”