31%

Total votes: 16
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 162

Re: Fallout 2: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game [Day 1]

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:11 pm
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:10 pmmeaningless to persue.
Absolutely not.
Time is finite tho
I get that it's better to err on the side of more discussion, but it's tinfoil and tinfoil alone on a truly petty point that still isn't on track to turn into anything useful pages later.
Spoiler: show
Progression cases are bad.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 272
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Urist wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:32 pm [VOTE: c4e5g3d5] aubergine
@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
[VOTE: chess nerd] aubergine
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

@staypositivefriend you still there? What's your take on Chop?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 686
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:15 pm
Absolutely not.
Time is finite tho
I get that it's better to err on the side of more discussion, but it's tinfoil and tinfoil alone on a truly petty point that still isn't on track to turn into anything useful pages later.
I disagree wholeheartedly. If we have concerns, it is better to voice them and allow them to play out than to remain silent.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 189

Post by falcon45ca »

Yeah, Imma go ahead & [VOTE: VOTE BK] aubergine, but gotta say...C4 counting BK as a pelt before a flip? Def scum lean
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
KZA
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 232
Preferred Pronouns: Any
Aka: KZA

Post by KZA »

Esooa wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:00 pm
BoKnows wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:57 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:46 pm boknows, a couple of things:

-can you explain your townread on me?

-can you explain your scumread on poison?

-can you explain your scumread on long con?

-how did you get enough confidence to make an entire reads list when your solving up until this point has been non-existent? why didn't you post any notes or thoughts inbetween you fillering and you outing that list of reads?
Yeah sure

Yourself: I like the questions you've been asking all game long. They aren't just wall questions that I would post if I'm a wolf but actually meaningful questions that can help us solve the game.
Poison: Very passive game from poison (I know the irony). I feel that there is no urgency to their game. It seems like Poison is just trying to post enough to not be labelled as a slacker but not going into depth in their posts.
Long: Long is giving me "drive-by" wolf vibes. They pop in make a quick comment, agree with a player and leave. LongCon isn't in a rush to make a rush difference it seems like.

I just made the list cause why not. I'm already sussed so what do I have to lose.
this looks like the exact same reasons for Poison and Long but one is a wolf cause of it one is a town
BoKnows wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:04 pm

-how did you get enough confidence to make an entire reads list when your solving up until this point has been non-existent? why didn't you post any notes or thoughts inbetween you fillering and you outing that list of reads?
Yeah sure

Yourself: I like the questions you've been asking all game long. They aren't just wall questions that I would post if I'm a wolf but actually meaningful questions that can help us solve the game.
Poison: Very passive game from poison (I know the irony). I feel that there is no urgency to their game. It seems like Poison is just trying to post enough to not be labelled as a slacker but not going into depth in their posts.
Long: Long is giving me "drive-by" wolf vibes. They pop in make a quick comment, agree with a player and leave. LongCon isn't in a rush to make a rush difference it seems like.

I just made the list cause why not. I'm already sussed so what do I have to lose.
this looks like the exact same reasons for Poison and Long but one is a wolf cause of it one is a town
yeah
Well this is just bizarre since Esooa misread BK's post and BK didn't even acknowledge it
KZA
Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am eating an entire sandwich is not that hard
BoKnows
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 28
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by BoKnows »

I do not understand the votes on me! :beer:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:16 pm Yeah, Imma go ahead & [VOTE: VOTE BK] aubergine, but gotta say...C4 counting BK as a pelt before a flip? Def scum lean
Why is that a bad look for c4? Why vote for Bo over him?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

KZA wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:17 pm

Yeah sure

BoKnows wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:04 pm

Yeah sure

yeah
Well this is just bizarre since Esooa misread BK's post and BK didn't even acknowledge it
yeah :beer:
KZA
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 232
Preferred Pronouns: Any
Aka: KZA

Post by KZA »

BoKnows wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:18 pm yeah :beer:
KZA
Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am eating an entire sandwich is not that hard
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 195
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

lmfao KZA
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

KZA wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:19 pm
BoKnows wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:18 pm yeah :beer:
Want a PBR? :beer:
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:16 pm
Absolutely not.
Time is finite tho
I disagree wholeheartedly. If we have concerns, it is better to voice them and allow them to play out than to remain silent.
Tinfoil is perfectly healthy when you voice it and then put it in its rightful place as tinfoil. Unfortunately people don't really do that.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

BoKnows wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:17 pm I do not understand the votes on me! :beer:
I believe it stems from your general unwillingness to engage with the game in a meaningful way.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:20 pm
Absolutely not.
Time is finite tho
Tinfoil is perfectly healthy when you voice it and then put it in its rightful place as tinfoil. Unfortunately people don't really do that.
Sure. Pursue suspicions responsibly. But to say something is “meaningless to pursue” is counterproductive and dismissive.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:21 pm
BoKnows wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:17 pm I do not understand the votes on me! :beer:
I believe it stems from your general unwillingness to engage with the game in a meaningful way.
That and egregious name salad
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:22 pm
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:20 pm
Absolutely not.
Time is finite tho
Sure. Pursue suspicions responsibly. But to say something is “meaningless to pursue” is counterproductive and dismissive.
Fair enough
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:21 pm
I have given some thoughts. Let me finish this essay and I'll put my big boy pants on.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

I wanna be put in a neighborhood and this game will be complete
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Alison
Posts in topic: 497
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Esooa wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:07 pm
Alison wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:05 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:04 pm
Esooa wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:47 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:43 pm addendum: you seem to take issue with me not being comfortable outing a townlean on you in the early game but then outing a townlean on you after the "test" - this is because my early townlean on you was mostly "tone/town!sloonei vibes" - the type of vague, uncharacteristic read that contains generic reasoning that any scum on auto-pilot would be able to out. it felt like a better idea to me to wait until i became more sure of your alignment and also to wait until i could articulate my townread on you better before i decided to publicly state it. your reaction to the "test" gave me the confidence to do exactly that
I liked Jess's post but this feels like a slip sagfdgldfasghkdfg
How is it a slip? I don't get the angle here.
she's admitting that her own read is something a scum would say, is the idea
more so that she's thinking about her reads in terms of "reads a scum would out" as if she's trying to out reads a scum wouldn't consciously, which I mean, is never something I've done as town probably even once?
i do it in all my town games but I don't think SPF plays like me
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:40 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:28 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:32 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:25 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:36 am If Urist is serious about the vault city post we should still chop LC I think
In what world does Urist's alleged level of seriousness equate to chopping me?
In the world of Urist's post
Perhaps you are confusing seriousness with prescience?
Uh no but let me explain in a different way:
If Urist means the things he says, he should come to the conclusion that we should chop LC
But that still doesn't mean that we should chop LC. It just means that you townread Urist.
Alison

Post by Alison »

also to be clear counting BK as a pelt preflip is the towniest thing that foresight has done this game because I don't buy that it's a TMI-ed scumslip on his own buddy and it seems more like the kind of unselfconscious overconfident thing that town does when they're sure it's a hit.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Alison wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:44 pm BK copying foresight's readslist format eerily close is a scumtell.
Is this another "they put it together in scumchat" thing? 'Cause I'm so over that unlikely concept.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Long Con wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:31 pm
Alison wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:44 pm BK copying foresight's readslist format eerily close is a scumtell.
Is this another "they put it together in scumchat" thing? 'Cause I'm so over that unlikely concept.
more like BK is trying to blend in by copying someone else's format
Alison

Post by Alison »

I've played this game for 11 years, and I've very very rarely see two readslist formatted so alike. Each person has their own unique way of formatting their readslist, like a personal signature, and the BK readslist and the foresight readslist were formatted identically. When two signatures from two different people are identical I start to think one is a forgery.
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Alison wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:30 pm also to be clear counting BK as a pelt preflip is the towniest thing that foresight has done this game because I don't buy that it's a TMI-ed scumslip on his own buddy and it seems more like the kind of unselfconscious overconfident thing that town does when they're sure it's a hit.
Have I really been that bad
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

My vote would be on BoKnows if the day was ending right now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

[VOTE: BoKnows] aubergine
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 283

Post by staypositivefriend »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:43 pm addendum: you seem to take issue with me not being comfortable outing a townlean on you in the early game but then outing a townlean on you after the "test" - this is because my early townlean on you was mostly "tone/town!sloonei vibes" - the type of vague, uncharacteristic read that contains generic reasoning that any scum on auto-pilot would be able to out. it felt like a better idea to me to wait until i became more sure of your alignment and also to wait until i could articulate my townread on you better before i decided to publicly state it. your reaction to the "test" gave me the confidence to do exactly that
more so that she's thinking about her reads in terms of "reads a scum would out" as if she's trying to out reads a scum wouldn't consciously, which I mean, is never something I've done as town probably even once?
did you not like my response on http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 19#p737619 ?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:16 pm @staypositivefriend you still there? What's your take on Chop?
i have zero reason to townread him
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:40 pm
did you not like my response on http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 19#p737619 ?
it didn't really change much for me regarding what you posted there but I also don't really take slips too seriously and was just explaining what I thought about it
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 445
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:16 pm Yeah, Imma go ahead & [VOTE: VOTE BK] aubergine, but gotta say...C4 counting BK as a pelt before a flip? Def scum lean
In general or if BK flips scum?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Hey BK, why you voting TSP?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

the thing that i find the scummiest about boknows is just the fact that he felt confident enough to out a readslist when every single post he made before that point was filler

i remember catching okosan in something roughly similar to that in champs
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:43 pm
In general or if BK flips scum?
In general
staypositivefriend
Hitman

cards on the table: i'm worried about foresight's defense of me being TMI

he seemed actively suspicious, if not enraged about the fact that i was refusing to out my reads in the early game

and even though a lot of the pressure i've faced today has revolved around that EXACT dynamic, foresight has written it off as "nothing" and downplayed the suspicion on me as being dumb

and like, it is dumb. but i don't know if foresight would organically think that given the reaction that he showed to my posts at the time - i do feel like it lacks a bit of internal consistency
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:46 pm cards on the table: i'm worried about foresight's defense of me being TMI

he seemed actively suspicious, if not enraged about the fact that i was refusing to out my reads in the early game

and even though a lot of the pressure i've faced today has revolved around that EXACT dynamic, foresight has written it off as "nothing" and downplayed the suspicion on me as being dumb

and like, it is dumb. but i don't know if foresight would organically think that given the reaction that he showed to my posts at the time - i do feel like it lacks a bit of internal consistency
why'd you include cards on the table in this
staypositivefriend
Hitman

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:46 pm cards on the table: i'm worried about foresight's defense of me being TMI

addendum: something that happens in almost every game i play w/people who aren't familiar with my playstyle is that i start out getting a ton of pressure/early momentum against me, and then i gradually claw my way into the towncore once people realize i'm not an easy mislynch

it happened in radiohead mafia. it happened in bread mafia. it happened in my hydra game with hally. it happened in rocks falls invitational

and every time i face that pressure, there's almost always some scum that tries a little bit too hard to defend me/dismiss the concerns about me, as a way to look townier when my alignment is eventually revealed

i haven't felt that level of TMI from anyone but foresight and maybe BoKnows, tbh
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Esooa wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:48 pm

why'd you include cards on the table in this
cause i've treated foresight as a hard town read up until this point

but ive been a little worried about him for a while
staypositivefriend
Hitman

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:48 pm

addendum: something that happens in almost every game i play w/people who aren't familiar with my playstyle is that i start out getting a ton of pressure/early momentum against me, and then i gradually claw my way into the towncore once people realize i'm not an easy mislynch

it happened in radiohead mafia. it happened in bread mafia. it happened in my hydra game with hally. it happened in rocks falls invitational

and every time i face that pressure, there's almost always some scum that tries a little bit too hard to defend me/dismiss the concerns about me, as a way to look townier when my alignment is eventually revealed

i haven't felt that level of TMI from anyone but foresight and maybe BoKnows, tbh
addendum to that addendum:

there's usually one scum that subtly signal boosts the early momentum against me without directly playing into it. sometimes the scum is hands-on if it's an aggressive player that wants someone they perceive as an "easy target" to pick on, but the signal boosting usually comes in the form of: "yeah, spf might be scum" or etc

i don't feel that sloonei or dom (the two main people who have spearheaded the momentum against me) fit that description

rej does fit that description to an extent - he dropped a vague "i got pinged by this post" suspicion about the same post that sloonei/dom were pressuring me about (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2055&p=737059#p737059), and then dipped out of the thread again

urist did the same thing - lazily marked me as "enclave" and then dipped out of the thread while avoiding directly interacting with me (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2055&p=736688#p736688) - concerning to me that he reiterated the same read a little while later with no visible progression or solving inbetween. and ive pointed this out already, but what happened to his incredibly confident scumread on long con? why is it absent from this post?

i was briefly concerned about falcon because he reacted to sloonei's posts about me with a basic: "yeah, i think spf is more likely mafia than not", but the way he talked with me/interacted with me didn't really feel like it carried the underlying mindset of someone who was worried about me. it felt like he was trying to sell me into his perspective as opposed to trying to read my perspective - but i do think his perspective around BoKnows in particular (the thought that bo was avoiding him to avoid getting "tone caught") was a pretty unique one that's more likely to come from a town mindset than not

this might not be important to anyone but me, but i wanted to share my thought process re: the early momentum on me and how it's impacted my perception of the game
staypositivefriend
Hitman

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:48 pm

in fairness, kza and poison fit this description too

moreso kza - cause they echo'd the sentiment of: "it's annoying that SPF has to answer the same questions over and over", which is TRUE, but it was so similar to my own complaint that it made me worried they were speaking from a place of TMI

but since there's so many people who fit this particular description, it might not be worth pursuing as a foundation for my reads. it's just something i'm keeping in the back of my mind, because i have the unique perspective of knowing that i'm town and being able to analyze the dynamics of the momentum around me more easily
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i think alison is considerably townier in this game than she was in bread mafia, btw. that's a huge part of my basis for my townlean on her
staypositivefriend
Hitman

also i townread martin's posts on day 0 and nobody can stop me
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[VOTE: jacky boy] aubergine
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Urist
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 560

Post by Urist »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:40 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:28 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:32 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:25 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:36 am If Urist is serious about the vault city post we should still chop LC I think
In what world does Urist's alleged level of seriousness equate to chopping me?
In the world of Urist's post
Perhaps you are confusing seriousness with prescience?
Uh no but let me explain in a different way:
If Urist means the things he says, he should come to the conclusion that we should chop LC
i don't think you understand the setup
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 72

Post by DaughterOfOmega »

oh it's day one cool
Alison

Post by Alison »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:02 pm i think alison is considerably townier in this game than she was in bread mafia, btw. that's a huge part of my basis for my townlean on her
why am i townier?
MartinGG99
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 623
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

okay so I am finally here

ready to fall on my face
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Oh Mah Gerd...

Original Reboot is on Crave, and now my life is complete
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

MartinGG99 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:29 pm okay so I am finally here

ready to fall on my face
Top 3 Town, Top 3 Scum.

GO!

Return to “Previous Jobs”