[NIGHT 4] Fight Club Mafia - Wilmington, DE

Moderator: Community Team

unfurl
The Mark
Posts in topic: 14

Re: [DAY 3] Fight Club Mafia - Wilmington, DE

Post by unfurl »

I have seen baddies who are very out there in your face and do not neccesarily fly under the radar
just saying not every baddie is the same imho :P
It depends on the player behaviour/style patterns a lot times
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 92

Post by thellama73 »

unfurl wrote:I have seen baddies who are very out there in your face and do not neccesarily fly under the radar
Exactly, which is another reason why Dom's suspicion of me makes no sense. What have I done that makes me more likely to be bad than not? He won't answer the question.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

EBWOP: In the aboce post, I mention DH when I meant to say Dom, but the point applies to both of them.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

And sometimes baddies win because they have a great amount of power and luck,
not because people dont know they are bad, but thats in a sort of traditional game, not idea how is gonna be on this game :huh:
bad luck for the policemen that need to figure it out, how to find tyler,in a game that feels like finding a needle in a haystack imho :p
unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

thellama73 wrote:
unfurl wrote:I have seen baddies who are very out there in your face and do not neccesarily fly under the radar
Exactly, which is another reason why Dom's suspicion of me makes no sense. What have I done that makes me more likely to be bad than not? He won't answer the question.
I dont know, whats Dom take, but when I started to read the thread, I also did got a sense you could be tyler, so I will give you my take

You did sound very agrresive, and the whole us vs then approcced you had early on, makes you seem had ulterior motives to control things (people do not take that very well, when they are in the other side of the stick)

This is the first time Im playing with you, but from reading you so far, you sound like you can have a sort of dark sense of humour,
like at times I did not know if you were joking or being serious
But this page back, you had at response that sounded more in the honest side imho, more fustrated out it being accused of being him, but I know nothing
so just my 2 cents :p
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 33

Post by a2thezebra »

thellama73 wrote:
Keterman wrote:The probability is that it's unlikely for Dom to be Tyler or Marla. But the probability is also that it's unlikely for anyone in particular to be Tyler or Marla, yet two people must be, and the general consensus of who one of them is has pointed at you and DH the most. That's why Dom doesn't trust you. I don't trust you either, but that's because I don't trust anyone.
Your distrust is sensible. Dom's is not. Why do my actions make me more likely to be Tyler? In order to conclude that, you must first :
1) formulate some idea of how Tyler is likely to behave, which in turn requires
2) an idea of what Tyler's goals are and what he is trying to accomplish and
3) the processes by which he will be able to accomplish his goals.

I don't have any clear picture of any of these, and thus no idea of what kind of behavior to "expect" from Tyler. In a traditional game, baddies win by flying under the radar and avoiding suspicions. I have certainly not done that. This is not a traditional game, though, and I don't know whether that strategy, or a strategy of intentionally drawing suspicion towards oneself would be better. It could be, but I just don't know. DH doesn't know either, unless he is one of the special roles that has more info than the rest of us.

Therefore, if DH is a civilian, his distrust of me is irrational and based on nothing. QED.
My read on you leaned much more on the civilian side before your defense of the Tyler accusations, which was the main reason why I asked you to answer that, to see if I could get a better read on you. And I think I did. You seemed to imply in that earlier defense, and again you imply it here, that simply because you're drawing attention to yourself must mean that you're less likely to be scum. That's poor reasoning, in my opinion, and I think you know it is. Without exception, I try to be equally (if not more) vocal in my "scumhunting" as scum as I am when I'm civilian. It's not that you could be hiding something that bothers me, it's that you think that your reasoning there will convince people. I'm talking about the excerpt that I bolded. I can tell by as many wins in your signature that you're not dumb enough to think that there's a consistent correlation between flying under the radar and avoiding suspicions. In my experience, and I imagine yours as well, flying under the radar is just as likely to cause suspicion as bizarre behavior is. And granted, you accept the possibility that in a role madness game things might play out differently, but your "I Just don't know" shtick comes off as fake to me, which in my mind, makes things worse for you.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

And as unfurl just noted, as many others have, you took a very aggressive "us vs. them" approach on Day 1. That was fine with me at first, but now you seem to be pretending that that argument against you doesn't exist. It's not that you were vocal, it's that you were aggressive, and suggesting that the towns were in competition with each other rather than the real enemy. You were correct in that we don't know what Tyler is trying to do, and therefore we can't gauge you based on information we don't have, but it doesn't seem acceptable for a regular civilian to take that approach, and there's only so many other options of what you could be up to. It's a matter of the process of elimination.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Keterman wrote:your "I Just don't know" shtick comes off as fake to me, which in my mind, makes things worse for you.
Ah, but what makes you think I wouldn't be fake as a civilian? Since when is fake the same as bad?

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

thellama73 wrote:
Keterman wrote:your "I Just don't know" shtick comes off as fake to me, which in my mind, makes things worse for you.
Ah, but what makes you think I wouldn't be fake as a civilian? Since when is fake the same as bad?
That was your entire comeback? Fake does have a correlation with bad. If you sound like you're making a false argument, that warrants suspicion. Why would it not?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Keterman wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
That was your entire comeback? Fake does have a correlation with bad. If you sound like you're making a false argument, that warrants suspicion. Why would it not?
Civilians lie all the time.

Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 27
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

thellama73 wrote:
Keterman wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
What?
I do not understand - elaborate please.
;)
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Roxy wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Keterman wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
What?
I do not understand - elaborate please.
I don't know how else you would like me to put that.

Have you never lied as a civilian? I have all the time. This can be for any number of reasons. You can try to draw people out, try to draw enough attention to yourself to avoid night kills, or just see what reaction you get. There's also the ever-looming boredom that must be staved off, and lying is a good way to do that. Catching someone in a lie does not mean they are bad, because civilians lie too. Everybody lies.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 46
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: [POLLS] Fight Club Mafia - Wilmington, DE

Post by Tangrowth »

DAY 3

Who should fight?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:24:49 pm

birdwithteeth11
Boomslang (9) 10%

Boomslang
No votes

Devin the Omniscient
No votes

Dom
No votes

Hedgeowl
No votes

Keterman
No votes

Kylemii
No votes

Long Con
Keterman (2), Roxy (3), Dom (6), unfurl (8), Long Con (10) 50%

Mongoose
No votes

Roxy
No votes

thellama73
thellama73 (4), Hedgeowl (5) 20%

unfurl
No votes

DisgruntledPorcupine's corpse! (host, injured)
MovingPictures07 (1), Bullzeye (7) 20%

Total votes : 10
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Day 3: Long Con v. thellama73

The winner of this fight is to be determined.

It is now Night 3. You have 24 hours to decide what you will do.
thellama73
Supatown

Re: [NIGHT 3] Fight Club Mafia - Wilmington, DE

Post by thellama73 »

I would like to wish my noble opponent Long Con the best of luck in this fight and congratulate him for his bravery.

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 20
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

thellama73 wrote:I would like to wish my noble opponent Long Con the best of luck in this fight and congratulate him for his bravery.
To you as well, good sir! A clean fight!
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I am Jack's flowing adrenalin! :srsnod:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Long Con wrote:I am Jack's flowing adrenalin! :srsnod:
I am Jack's barely contained enthusiasm. :D

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

So are we still going to Penn's Grove, Roxy and unfurl?

Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

I am going to new castle to verify for my own self what DH said about a voting bloc. I want to make sure unfurl and you both want to go there.

Btw I do not lie as a civilian - ever.
;)
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Roxy wrote:I am going to new castle to verify for my own self what DH said about a voting bloc. I want to make sure unfurl and you both want to go there.

Btw I do not lie as a civilian - ever.
Cool, I'll go there with you.

I am Jack's insatiable wanderlust.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Incidentally, does anyone know who fought in Penn's Grove last night? I am starting to keep records and that is one I am missing.

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I think I'll stay here in Wilmington. I like it here.
unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

Roxy I want to go to New Castle, cause is the last place in my first tour :fiesta:
*votting*
and then I will probably go back to my hometown penns grove, NJ and then I dont know, but this boots were made for walking :P until my toes hurt, or should I say eyes from reading :D

the llama, not idea who fought last night in penns grove as I was in Delaware
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Yay for boots walking!
*votes*

LC - keep the porch light on I'll be back!

good luck fighters!
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Fwiw- Marla Singer is such a troll :p
;)
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 25

Post by Dom »

thellama73 wrote:
Dom wrote: why do you trust me
Because according to the roles, almost everyone is trustworthy except Tyler and possibly Marla and the people they recruit. That means the vast majority of us are trustworthy civilians and policemen. Probability says you're a great guy, and you have given me no reason to doubt you.

Why don't you trust me?
Because I don't really trust anyone in particular, except maybe LC and SVS just based on how I'm reading their posts-- but nothing substantial.
thellama73 wrote:Do you think that your subjective human judgment is better than probability, Dom? What arrogance!
Probability tells us that there's no reason to suspect anyone. This tells me that you like to manipulate statistics in your favor.
Why the shade being thrown at me?
thellama73 wrote:
Let the public see that Llama is grossly misrepresenting the extent of my suspicion and distrust. Let the public see that Llama is being highly manipulative.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Dom wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Do you think that your subjective human judgment is better than probability, Dom? What arrogance!
Probability tells us that there's no reason to suspect anyone. This tells me that you like to manipulate statistics in your favor.
What, am I supposed to manipulate statistics in someone else's favor?
Also, that was mostly a joke.
Dom wrote:
thellama73 wrote: Exactly, which is another reason why Dom's suspicion of me makes no sense. What have I done that makes me more likely to be bad than not? He won't answer the question.
Let the public see that Llama is grossly misrepresenting the extent of my suspicion and distrust. Let the public see that Llama is being highly manipulative.
That's fair. I think I was confusing your suspicion with DH's. I apologize if I misrepresented you.

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

thellama73 wrote:
Dom wrote:
What, am I supposed to manipulate statistics in someone else's favor?
Also, that was mostly a joke.
Dom wrote:
thellama73 wrote: Exactly, which is another reason why Dom's suspicion of me makes no sense. What have I done that makes me more likely to be bad than not? He won't answer the question.
That's fair. I think I was confusing your suspicion with DH's. I apologize if I misrepresented you.
It was mostly a joke that you trust me based on the fact that math tells us the probability of any individual player being not good is small?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 12
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Long Con wrote:Yes, I can confirm that was a plan that he proposed on Day One - New Castle originals moving as a group in order to have a voting majority wherever they ended up. We didn't know if fighting was good or bad for us, so we mostly agreed to the plan in order to have control over that aspect. It didn't really end up mattering too much because fighting was desirable to some and less so to others, so fight-voting was smooth sailing with or without a majority.

Thanks for the vote!
i can vouch for this
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

i guess i'll just stay here for now. it seems like this is the place where things are really happening.

are there any other locations of interest?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Dom wrote: It was mostly a joke that you trust me based on the fact that math tells us the probability of any individual player being not good is small?
The line about arrogance and subjective human reason was a joke. I am still more inclined to trust you than not, though, since I have no reason not to at this point and the odds are in your favor.

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Roxy wrote:Btw I do not lie as a civilian - ever.
Me neither. I think this applies to most players. And I still find it amusing that that particular excerpt of my two posts was the only thing he could manage to respond to.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Keterman wrote:
Me neither. I think this applies to most players. And I still find it amusing that that particular excerpt of my two posts was the only thing he could manage to respond to.
It's not the only thing I could respond to. It's the only thing I chose to respond to.

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

thellama73 wrote:
Keterman wrote:
It's not the only thing I could respond to. It's the only thing I chose to respond to.
If you care at all that you're a scum read for most of the other players, you should know it's effectively the same thing. Not defending yourself might as well be not being able to defend yourself to anyone that's not you.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I wonder if Marla can go into any town she likes, or if she is only in one at a time? I am Jack's inquisitive nature.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Keterman wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Keterman wrote:
If you care at all that you're a scum read for most of the other players, you should know it's effectively the same thing. Not defending yourself might as well be not being able to defend yourself to anyone that's not you.
If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them. I am Jack's cheerful supplication..

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Also, I don't accept "most of the other players." Only four or five have said anything to that effect. That's far from most.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Guess what movie I am watching right now?

Hint: It's also the game we are playing.

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I am Jack's clever smugness. :feb:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

thellama73 wrote:Guess what movie I am watching right now?

Hint: It's also the game we are playing.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Good one, Dom. :|
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

who is jack :0
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Kylemii wrote:who is jack :0
I am Jack's multiple personality.

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Long Con wrote:Good one, Dom. :|
I can't see your image :shrug:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Dom wrote:
Long Con wrote:Good one, Dom. :|
I can't see your image :shrug:
Ah... it's this: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1849810/
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

So, do you guys need help with the contents of my signature?

I'm surprised that it hasn't been solved and appropriately addressed yet. Might behoove you to do that ASAP. :feb:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:So, do you guys need help with the contents of my signature?

I'm surprised that it hasn't been solved and appropriately addressed yet. Might behoove you to do that ASAP. :feb:
I've got about half of it, but there are too many blanks for me to finish.

Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

New Castle, like the beer.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:So, do you guys need help with the contents of my signature?

I've got about half of it, but there are too many blanks for me to finish.
Give me a letter you want then. I'll update it tomorrow.

Return to “Previous Jobs”