64%

Total votes: 22
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 1125

Re: Game of Champions 2020 [Day 8]

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:37 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:35 pm So...

@Kylemii

When I flip green I hope if you are town you realize the problem. Tutuu is a wolf riding a fake green check and she's gonna go next. If there are two wolves and you just got hoodwinked on that green check you need to town your ass off.

The second wolf is maybe Syn id they had some way to fool you.
none of those things are going to happen you're not going to die today because of how dumb it would be for that to happen
Dumber things happen all the time.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 822
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:35 pm
Hyena wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:34 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:32 pm
Hyena wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:27 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:18 pm
Hyena wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:16 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:15 pm hyena is town primarily because his role would be dumb as a mafia role
No, stop this. You're doing the same thing JPIC is doing right now. Stop paying attention to my role.
Saying that I'm only solving via mechanics is actually bullshit.
Okay, do you think I'm scum for lying about that then? Like, take a firm stance on me. Stop giving conditional reads like 'oh, Hyena is town based on his role'. Like, if I'm scum otherwise, just call me friggin' scum. :haha: Let's have an argument.
what if I don't want to argue with you tho. I think your takes are weird and wanting to yeet me and dizzy is even weirder. Also, the point of the trustfall exercise is to find as many reasons to townread everyone and find which reasons are weak. Dizzy, or somebody mentioned that you were spewed from Sloonei iso which I'd need to read again. I only really recall hk being spewed from it
Why don't you want to argue me? Why don't you want to help me read you?
What would arguing with achieve? I am talking and responding to all of your posts
It would help me get a better read on you. It would show me how invested you are in your reads, beliefs in this game, how much you believe what you're saying, etc.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Syn wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:38 pm the only other person I'm willing to consider besides Tim today is Michelle
Yeah she's pretty towny too, so that's consistent.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 1652

Post by Justplayingitcool »

Hyena wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:38 pm
Hyena wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:16 pm

No, stop this. You're doing the same thing JPIC is doing right now. Stop paying attention to my role.
Okay, do you think I'm scum for lying about that then? Like, take a firm stance on me. Stop giving conditional reads like 'oh, Hyena is town based on his role'. Like, if I'm scum otherwise, just call me friggin' scum. :haha: Let's have an argument.
what if I don't want to argue with you tho. I think your takes are weird and wanting to yeet me and dizzy is even weirder. Also, the point of the trustfall exercise is to find as many reasons to townread everyone and find which reasons are weak. Dizzy, or somebody mentioned that you were spewed from Sloonei iso which I'd need to read again. I only really recall hk being spewed from it
What would arguing with achieve? I am talking and responding to all of your posts
It would help me get a better read on you. It would show me how invested you are in your reads, beliefs in this game, how much you believe what you're saying, etc.
A better use of your time would be to read my ISO.
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 1057

Post by Syn »

Hi Tim, I'm acknowledging that you said words to me.
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

Also, why can you only form reads via arguments?
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

Syn wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:40 pm Hi Tim, I'm acknowledging that you said words to me.
:biggrin:
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Syn wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:40 pm Hi Tim, I'm acknowledging that you said words to me.
LOL...

Why are you town again?
ImageImageImageImage
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:39 pm

No, I want to argue with you in real-time so that you don't have time to prepare made-up answers if that has been what you've been doing. Talking to you in real time will help me see if you are being truthful or if you're having to think about things before actually saying them. The latter would make you super suss to me -- just like what happened at the EoD you guys chopped Jack.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:40 pm Also, why can you only form reads via arguments?
Because that's just how I play.
hollowkatt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 624

Post by hollowkatt »

throwing all of the mechanics out of the window and going back through ISOs for the living to see how they have interacted with the dead sounds like a wonderful use of my sunday evening, thanks
tutuu wrote:fluffy furry
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

Hyena wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:44 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:39 pm

No, I want to argue with you in real-time so that you don't have time to prepare made-up answers if that has been what you've been doing. Talking to you in real time will help me see if you are being truthful or if you're having to think about things before actually saying them. The latter would make you super suss to me -- just like what happened at the EoD you guys chopped Jack.
lol
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

I feel like causing arguments for the sake of arguing is pretty anti-town but you do you
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:45 pm I feel like causing arguments for the sake of arguing is pretty anti-town but you do you
Explain to me why you think it's anti-town. I actually think it's VERY pro-town.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 1248
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

i mean here's the way i see it, me, tim, LC, tutuu, are mostly all mechanically speaking probably like at least 90% town, and maybe i'm forgetting someone else. 1 or 2 people maybe.

if mafia wants to keep at least one or two of those people out of the endgame phase they HAVE to kill within that space.

if the game reaches lylo or mylo or whatever? and one of those people is alive? that's the point in which we should bring up tinfoil. not while there's still like... meat on the table
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

Hyena wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:47 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:45 pm I feel like causing arguments for the sake of arguing is pretty anti-town but you do you
Explain to me why you think it's anti-town. I actually think it's VERY pro-town.
Because it distracts the other players and it can put people off from reading the thread

Come back to me when you have something to argue over
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

You are using "arguments" in a negative connotation.

You think I am a wolf. Seeing your arguments for that belief allows me to get a measure of whether you really even believe it. And I don't mean the arguments that landed in your ISO three days ago, I mean the arguments that support your position right now.
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:47 pm i mean here's the way i see it, me, tim, LC, tutuu, are mostly all mechanically speaking probably like at least 90% town, and maybe i'm forgetting someone else. 1 or 2 people maybe.

if mafia wants to keep at least one or two of those people out of the endgame phase they HAVE to kill within that space.

if the game reaches lylo or mylo or whatever? and one of those people is alive? that's the point in which we should bring up tinfoil. not while there's still like... meat on the table
what meat is on the table?
ImageImageImageImage
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

Kylemii wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:47 pm i mean here's the way i see it, me, tim, LC, tutuu, are mostly all mechanically speaking probably like at least 90% town, and maybe i'm forgetting someone else. 1 or 2 people maybe.

Why is tim mechanically clear?
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:49 pm
Because it distracts the other players and it can put people off from reading the thread

Distracts the other players from what? What am I distracting the other players from? I've been talking about why you have been suss to me and others have been saying that I've been having weird takes and that -I'M- suss for it. Are you suggesting what I'm doing right now is offtopic in some fashion? You and I arguing would give people MORE content to base their Hyena-reads and JPIC-reads on. How is it distracting? Why are you trying to shut this down?
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

Hyena wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:52 pm

Distracts the other players from what? What am I distracting the other players from? I've been talking about why you have been suss to me and others have been saying that I've been having weird takes and that -I'M- suss for it. Are you suggesting what I'm doing right now is offtopic in some fashion? You and I arguing would give people MORE content to base their Hyena-reads and JPIC-reads on. How is it distracting? Why are you trying to shut this down?
Im shutting it down because i think you’re being utterly ridiculous

Come back to me with an argument and stop wasting my time
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:54 pm
Hyena wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:52 pm

Im shutting it down because i think you’re being utterly ridiculous

Come back to me with an argument and stop wasting my time
How am I being ridiculous? What am I doing that's ridiculous?
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:51 pm

I'm not. Not at all. I am clear because of how I used the mech I had in a consistently pro town way. But I am not in any way shape or form "green checked." This attempt to equate "been green checked" with "is just towny" by someone who has been less than towny but commonly "mech cleared" is notable.
ImageImageImageImage
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

You want to yeet me who has worked fucking hard in this game, talking to everyone and posting reads on everyone. Tell me, if I am scum, what does my path to victory look like rn

You want to yeet dizzy who is very likely town for having a pro town ability. Oh no, im solving via mech, jpic must be scummy for that
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:57 pm You want to yeet me who has worked fucking hard in this game, talking to everyone and posting reads on everyone. Tell me, if I am scum, what does my path to victory look like rn

You want to yeet dizzy who is very likely town for having a pro town ability. Oh no, im solving via mech, jpic must be scummy for that
-DO- I want to yeet you? Or am I just trying to pressure you and Dizzy right now so that I can actually get a read that I feel good about? Do you think me voting someone midday when there's 24 hours left on the clock means that I want to chop them? Why are you so nervous about ONE person voting Dizzy right now? Do you think I've got the influence to turn the game around on you two right now?
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Also, gotta go eat dinner. Will be back in a bit.
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

If you don’t want to read my iso then idk what to tell ya
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

Hyena wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:59 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:57 pm You want to yeet me who has worked fucking hard in this game, talking to everyone and posting reads on everyone. Tell me, if I am scum, what does my path to victory look like rn

-DO- I want to yeet you? Or am I just trying to pressure you and Dizzy right now so that I can actually get a read that I feel good about? Do you think me voting someone midday when there's 24 hours left on the clock means that I want to chop them? Why are you so nervous about ONE person voting Dizzy right now? Do you think I've got the influence to turn the game around on you two right now?
Vote for your scum read ffs
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Well...technically your path to victory looks a lot like you not getting yeeted...

I mean, I could say I have no path to victory here, because NO ONE trusts me enough to want me at LYLO, ever, no matter what I do. And yet I have won as a wolf so such paths do exist.
ImageImageImageImage
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

@Hyena if you're gonna tunnel me then please read my recent scum game: https://www.neoseeker.com/forums/118/t2 ... fia-day-3/
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

God I wish radishes was here
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

cus it's dumb for a mafia team to have 3 separate killing abilities, and have one of them just be categorically worse than the other two?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:50 pm

it's an expression... i think. people say that, right?
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

Kylemii wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:06 pm

cus it's dumb for a mafia team to have 3 separate killing abilities, and have one of them just be categorically worse than the other two?
We have three protectives in this game, with martin and jack. We know dizzy's claimed role exists because of wilgy

I don't think scum having additional KP is that crazy
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:08 pm

Yeah it's a good expression, I just think we are out of meat.

We are gonna chop someone here that is either "towny AF" or "seems green checked." The easy meat is dead.
ImageImageImageImage
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

Justplayingitcool wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:08 pm

We have three protectives in this game, with martin and jack. We know dizzy's claimed role exists because of wilgy

*Martin and TSP
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

imagine you're making a mafia game for a second. you've come up with a cool baseball based role, that basically targets people and makes them guess based on a coin flip and once there's been 3 wrong guesses the person with that role gets a kill. would you, at that point think there should be a role that gets a kill every 3 days, unconditionally?
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

Kylemii wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:14 pm

imagine you're making a mafia game for a second. you've come up with a cool baseball based role, that basically targets people and makes them guess based on a coin flip and once there's been 3 wrong guesses the person with that role gets a kill. would you, at that point think there should be a role that gets a kill every 3 days, unconditionally?
Sure, why not

I also don’t design games so wouldn’t have the foggiest idea either
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Sloonei's ability required 3 days to kill, Tim's ability requires 3 days to kill

Sloonei's is more conditional and could be argued to be so conditional it's useless, but the trimmings are basically the same, and in a game with, what, 27 players, two delayed KPs for scum does not sound outrageous

this game has been going on for a month

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:11 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:08 pm

Yeah it's a good expression, I just think we are out of meat.

We are gonna chop someone here that is either "towny AF" or "seems green checked." The easy meat is dead.
or we can chop tim, who has been openwolfing all game and making hypocritical arguments whenever it suits his fancy

gotta give it to ya, though

it's working on these folks

ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

2 roles that do the same thing but one of them requires luck and risk and the other just does it? with no risk whatsoever? i think it would be strange
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Think about this JPIC...the shots I have claimed...they have been towny AF every time. Obviously they were blocked. If I am a wolf...it seems odd that I took all those towny shots, yes?

On the other hand, they didn't go through, so MAYBE I was taking wolfy shots and got blocked...by who? Okay, Kyle stopped me, and maybe I was really shooting somewhere else...but read the SoD...does my irritation at finding Tutuu alive look fake? I guess it could be, because I am the ultimate wolf of power...so nevermind that...

How about Radishes? Was my surprise at finding him alive faked? Does it look like I actually shot Jack, and then pivoted when it didn't work? Okay, I know, I am the greatest, most duplicitous wolf of all time...so nevermind that...

How about Made? Does it look like that was a fake? He actually said that something interacted with his invulnerability. Made was the CW to Wilgy and he was due up as the next day's chop. Why in the fuck would I have shot him? Okay, I know, I am the slipperiest master of WIFOM to ever grace a wolfchat, so...okay...nevermind that...

Fuck.

I got nothin'.

Kill me yo.
ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:22 pm

Think about this JPIC...the shots I have claimed...they have been towny AF every time. Obviously they were blocked. If I am a wolf...it seems odd that I took all those towny shots, yes?

On the other hand, they didn't go through, so MAYBE I was taking wolfy shots and got blocked...by who? Okay, Kyle stopped me, and maybe I was really shooting somewhere else...but read the SoD...does my irritation at finding Tutuu alive look fake? I guess it could be, because I am the ultimate wolf of power...so nevermind that...

How about Radishes? Was my surprise at finding him alive faked? Does it look like I actually shot Jack, and then pivoted when it didn't work? Okay, I know, I am the greatest, most duplicitous wolf of all time...so nevermind that...

How about Made? Does it look like that was a fake? He actually said that something interacted with his invulnerability. Made was the CW to Wilgy and he was due up as the next day's chop. Why in the fuck would I have shot him? Okay, I know, I am the slipperiest master of WIFOM to ever grace a wolfchat, so...okay...nevermind that...

Fuck.

I got nothin'.

Kill me yo.
literally none of this is confirmed

you are just saying words and portraying it like it's valid mech info

ImageImageImageImage
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

@Timsup2nothin how was your radishes kill stopped again?
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

not a single word tim is saying has any basis outside of his own testimony

ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Syn wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:18 pm

Sloonei's ability required 3 days to kill, Tim's ability requires 3 days to kill

Sloonei's is more conditional and could be argued to be so conditional it's useless, but the trimmings are basically the same, and in a game with, what, 27 players, two delayed KPs for scum does not sound outrageous

This is pure bullshit.

Sloonei's baseball requires three days to kill...if the target guesses wrong every single time...so it kills one time in EIGHT in three days. To have even a fifty fifty shot at killing someone Sloonei has to throw at them way more than three times.
ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:26 pm
Syn wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:18 pm

This is pure bullshit.

Sloonei's baseball requires three days to kill...if the target guesses wrong every single time...so it kills one time in EIGHT in three days. To have even a fifty fifty shot at killing someone Sloonei has to throw at them way more than three times.
people like hitting balls

ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:25 pm @Timsup2nothin how was your radishes kill stopped again?
Radishes role blocked me. He thought that was super exciting since there was no night kill. But it was actually TSP that prevented the night kill, and as soon as Radishes knew that he backed off me.
ImageImageImageImage
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

If I could unvote I would. I also don’t want tutuu to be yeeted this phase either
hollowkatt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 624

Post by hollowkatt »

I'm gonna do spicy plays now [VOTE: kyle] aubergine
tutuu wrote:fluffy furry
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty