[END] Fight Club Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 60

Re: [DAY 6] Fight Club Mafia

Post by Bullzeye »

juliets wrote:RIP INH, the way i read an unrecruited police death by Mayhem is that one of the police has been recruited and knew who to target. Though why they didnt just recruit him instead I don't know.

Also welcome back Metalmarsh and good luck with the new baby Nevinera.

One thing I thought about that would support a theory that DH was recruited early is that early on he was not receiving heat from everyone regarding how much his plan resembled llamas early on in the game. If i were recruiting people I wouldn't want someone who is getting a lot of negative attention because as happened, the police are more likely to check that person out and find them to be bad. Again though, as unfurl says, this whole thing is just a theory.

Speaking of the police checking people receiving negative attention, I wonder if they checked llama and found him to be ok. When I put myself in their shoes he would have been one I wanted to check out. Just a thought though, I am not police just trying to think like them.
I think you could be right. The fact that they got a policeman with their very first kill (right?) seems too lucky to be chance to me. I'd suggest the police start targeting themselves at night just in case so they can flush out any potential recruit. If it's true though, I'm kinda jealous of whoever it is, being a double agent is a hell of a lot of fun. I also agree with your thought about recruitments. You wouldn't recruit someone about to be lynched.
unfurl
The Mark
Posts in topic: 78

Post by unfurl »

So policemen can be recruited :stare: oh I thought they were not able to be recruited, I need to re-read first page again
that sucks for those people with btsc, cause they can not trust eacheitheir

Something I find curious about reading DH is he sort of wanted INH to fight in Delaware city day 3, but then he did miss votting

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 028#p74028

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 028#p74034

I dont like we can not quote things from the places thread so putting the links
unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

Also something I also find curious about DH, is he was asking Ace (his brother) to go to Penss grove
DharmaHelper
Re: [NIGHT 3] Fight Club Mafia - Delaware City, DE
Aces come to Penns Grove with me ples
so ones wonder if in Day-Night 4 Tyler was at Penns Grove, going back to timmer theory, that tyler had to be in a club to be able to recruit
and DH wanted tyler to recruit his brother ???
But Ace did not vote that period, so he did not travel with DH, and as he was lynched day 5 we know he was a civvie
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 54
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

unfurl wrote:So policemen can be recruited :stare: oh I thought they were not able to be recruited, I need to re-read first page again
that sucks for those people with btsc, cause they can not trust eacheitheir

Something I find curious about reading DH is he sort of wanted INH to fight in Delaware city day 3, but then he did miss votting

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 028#p74028

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 028#p74034

I dont like we can not quote things from the places thread so putting the links
unfurl, I'm assuming they can be recruited because on the roles page there are two mentions of unrecruited police, and since it specified unrecruited that tells me that the police can be recruited.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

Warning!
Im officially obsesed with trying to figure out timmer theory LOL, if DH and tyler moved together at some point

and I thought go back to the last place where DH was before being killed, and here below
first he wanted to go to wilmington, so maybe tyler was there, but when chicago was added during the night, he changed his mind
Re: [DAY 4] Fight Club Mafia - Penns Grove, NJ
Anyone wanna go to maybe, Wilmington with me after this?

Re: [NIGHT 4] Fight Club Mafia - Penns Grove, NJ
As much as I'd love to travel with you Canucklehead, Chicago is just too interesting of an opportunity to pass up.
so perhaps tyler was going to be in "Chicago" and it voted for that choice
so lets look who voted to visit Chicago during Night 4

NIGHT 4
Check out the fight club in Chicago, IL

[POLLS] Fight Club Mafia - Wilmington, DE
Keterman
DisgruntledPorcupine 2.0
Bullzeye
Kylemii
Dom

Fight Club Mafia - Delaware City, DE
No votes

Fight Club Mafia - New Castle, DE
Mongoose - Civilian -- Lynched - Day 5
Mister Rearranger

Fight Club Mafia - Penns Grove, NJ
DharmaHelper - Project Mayhem Member - Civilian
Sorsha
Russtifinko
johns2jj - Civilian -- Lynched - Day 5

---

Would it be so easy to figure out who is Tyler?
that leaves 8 possible people
:omg:
unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

Did everyone died or are silenced? :stare:

where is the paranoia people!!! :p I signed up for that :omg:
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 162

Post by thellama73 »

I don't think DP 2.0 is likely to be Tyler, since he replaced an inactive player. We know Tyler was active in the first half of the game, since he recruited.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

Fair point about DP!

haha, i can not help to notice Bullz name is among the people wanted to go to chicago,
as I voted for the previous period
and then people say they dont see a connection bewteen him and DH :p
unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

I hope to see more input, but I has to go now, and will not be online until tomorrow,
so hopefully there are things to read, instead of me breaking my head from thinking too hard :wall:
and maybe then I can complain there is too much too read! :P
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 83

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

unfurl wrote:Warning!
Im officially obsesed with trying to figure out timmer theory LOL, if DH and tyler moved together at some point

and I thought go back to the last place where DH was before being killed, and here below
first he wanted to go to wilmington, so maybe tyler was there, but when chicago was added during the night, he changed his mind
Re: [DAY 4] Fight Club Mafia - Penns Grove, NJ
Anyone wanna go to maybe, Wilmington with me after this?

Re: [NIGHT 4] Fight Club Mafia - Penns Grove, NJ
As much as I'd love to travel with you Canucklehead, Chicago is just too interesting of an opportunity to pass up.
so perhaps tyler was going to be in "Chicago" and it voted for that choice
so lets look who voted to visit Chicago during Night 4

NIGHT 4
Check out the fight club in Chicago, IL

[POLLS] Fight Club Mafia - Wilmington, DE
Keterman
DisgruntledPorcupine 2.0
Bullzeye
Kylemii
Dom

Fight Club Mafia - Delaware City, DE
No votes

Fight Club Mafia - New Castle, DE
Mongoose - Civilian -- Lynched - Day 5
Mister Rearranger

Fight Club Mafia - Penns Grove, NJ
DharmaHelper - Project Mayhem Member - Civilian
Sorsha
Russtifinko
johns2jj - Civilian -- Lynched - Day 5

---

Would it be so easy to figure out who is Tyler?
that leaves 8 possible people
:omg:
Definitely interesting. But how would we know that Tyler had voted to go to Chicago? Either I missed something in your theory, or that's a wild guess.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Also, with the unrecruited policeman thing with INH, I think it's referring to the fact that the police can be recruited to Project Mayhem.
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Sorsha »

juliets wrote:RIP INH, the way i read an unrecruited police death by Mayhem is that one of the police has been recruited and knew who to target. Though why they didnt just recruit him instead I don't know.
I got the impression from MPs post at the start of the combined thread (day 5) that recruiting for project mayhem was over?
MovingPictures07 wrote:
It is now Day 5. The game has entered its true phase. All roles have been updated appropriately.

All unrecruited Civilians are no longer independent. They are aligned with "Narrator" and must need Tyler Durden dead to win.
That's how I interpreted this anyway.

MP-Can Tyler still recruit players to Project Mayhem?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Bullzeye »

unfurl wrote:Fair point about DP!

haha, i can not help to notice Bullz name is among the people wanted to go to chicago,
Of course I voted to go to Chicago. It was an entirely new place and I assumed everyone would be drawn there. Go read my posts, I said on the last night in Wilmington I thought that since a lot of people would presumably vote for the new place that Chicago would be a good place for discussion and building theories. How was I to know where DH had voted? We were in separate threads. There's no connection between me and him just a few minor interactions given more importance than they deserve. I've already established that he didn't help me get my fight on day two in any way and nor have I defended him against any accusers while they were present in the same thread.
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 65

Post by a2thezebra »

Bullzeye wrote:

Of course I voted to go to Chicago. It was an entirely new place and I assumed everyone would be drawn there. Go read my posts, I said on the last night in Wilmington I thought that since a lot of people would presumably vote for the new place that Chicago would be a good place for discussion and building theories. How was I to know where DH had voted? We were in separate threads. There's no connection between me and him just a few minor interactions given more importance than they deserve. I've already established that he didn't help me get my fight on day two in any way and nor have I defended him against any accusers while they were present in the same thread.
Same here. And although it goes against the pet theory at the moment, I'm more weary of those who didn't vote Chicago. A new city to check out and they didn't vote for it? Why the lack of curiosity? Do they already know what the rest of us were going to find out?
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 18

Post by DharmaHelper »

Can I get rezzed now?
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 100

Post by S~V~S »

Bullzeye wrote:

I know I didn't vote for it since i was going back to touch base at DC every other day, and the day Chicago appeared was that day. Although i likely might not have voted it anyhow, it was new and the popular option, and i have always been a contrarian :)

Unfurls paranoia is full swing, and she comes up with some pretty wicked theories when she is in paranoia mode. Her analysis is interesting, although I still think you sound genuine, faux Bullz sounds more "Aw Gee" than real Bullz.

I will say though, that you did make one remark up there that got my attention~ if you had recruited DH to your team, or had both been recruited to the same team, you would know how he voted via BTS. I still find it highly unlikely that I will vote for you, though.

I liked Timmers list; I am going to comapre to Unfurls list.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Keterman wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:

Same here. And although it goes against the pet theory at the moment, I'm more weary of those who didn't vote Chicago. A new city to check out and they didn't vote for it? Why the lack of curiosity? Do they already know what the rest of us were going to find out?
Personally, I voted for Penn's Grove that day, because it was the only city I hadn't been to yet. By the time I noticed Chicago was a new option, it was too late.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

...I don't think I buy that.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Keterman wrote:...I don't think I buy that.
Uhhhh....really? Why not?
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Or you could just go look at the respective thread. That would give you your answer. ;)
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 54
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Sorsha wrote:
I got the impression from MPs post at the start of the combined thread (day 5) that recruiting for project mayhem was over?
MovingPictures07 wrote:
It is now Day 5. The game has entered its true phase. All roles have been updated appropriately.

All unrecruited Civilians are no longer independent. They are aligned with "Narrator" and must need Tyler Durden dead to win.
That's how I interpreted this anyway.

Sorsha, I looked at that same thing and the first thought that occurred to me was that the recruiting was done. But then I thought about this: there were 38 players that began this game. With 38 players you would normally see two mafia teams of 3 with the ability to recruit 1 or 2 teams of 4 and/or a SK. Assuming Tyler started recruiting night 1, he would have had 4+1(Tyler)=5 recruits at the time MP posted that message. That would make 5 baddies. I just don't think 5 baddies are enough in a 38 player game which is what led me to believe he is still able to recruit. Maybe there is some other mechanic at work here and I just don't see the full picture but for now I can't understand how MP would leave the baddies with only 5 (assuming of course DH hadn't died).

I have no idea who I'm going to vote for tomorrow but looking at those lists seems like a good way to me to find a baddie.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Leamiteo »

Keterman wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:

I think there are a lot of assumptions going on in this sentence and they aren't strong enough to make cases against non-Chicago voters. I didn't vote Chicago because DH was getting cranky at me and so I promised to give him space and head back to my city of origin, New Castle, though I really did want to see the new city.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Or you could just go look at the respective thread. That would give you your answer. ;)
As if you somehow couldn't have lied there as well? Give me a break.
Leamiteo wrote:
Keterman wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:

I think there are a lot of assumptions going on in this sentence and they aren't strong enough to make cases against non-Chicago voters. I didn't vote Chicago because DH was getting cranky at me and so I promised to give him space and head back to my city of origin, New Castle, though I really did want to see the new city.
Nearly everything we say at this point is an assumption, why are you trying to act like my theorizing stands out as unorthodox? And why are you trying to act like I was going to use those assumptions to make actual cases? Your reasoning sounds decent enough, but why so quick to be defensive because I used the w-word (weary)?
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 101

Post by timmer »

Wow unfutl, you really are running wild with that, lol. I'm not sure about the move as a group thing at this point. Wouldnt they want to spread out??
My siggie.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 88
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Sorsha wrote:
Yes, he can.

The thing that changed was that Civilians were previously independent (could win with either side). Now they win with Narrator (must have Tyler dead), but they can still be recruited and have their win conditions change just like before.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 18

Post by DharmaHelper »

THRILLING
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 100

Post by S~V~S »

Silly Zombie
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Keterman wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
As if you somehow couldn't have lied there as well? Give me a break.

Fair enough. But that's only an assumption on your part.
Leamiteo wrote:
Keterman wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:

Nearly everything we say at this point is an assumption, why are you trying to act like my theorizing stands out as unorthodox? And why are you trying to act like I was going to use those assumptions to make actual cases? Your reasoning sounds decent enough, but why so quick to be defensive because I used the w-word (weary)?
Again, why are you assuming that the non-Chicago voters knew anything? According to your theory, that means over 2/3 of the people playing at the time knew that not going to Chicago would trigger some kind of event. That seems extremely far-fetched to me.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

You say "the non-Chicago voters" as if I was referring to all of them. Obviously not voting to go to Chicago doesn't automatically make you scum. I'm saying that I'm generally more weary of the players who didn't want to go than those you did. I find it odd that no one accused unfurl of thinking that everyone in her theory's list was scum, but with me, you did, even though as you yourself pointed out that's about 2/3 of the players. Do you really think that I would be trying to push that as fact?

Like Leamiteo, you're taking my speculation, which was really more of a defense against being a potential suspect for being on the list of those who did vote to go to Chicago, as an actual theory that I'm trying to push. It's not, I'm just saying that in general I'm more weary of those players. With Leamiteo I can understand getting defensive for being in that pool of potential suspects, but you just seem like you're trying to pin me as reaching when I'm just throwing out possibilities. And why are you so passionate about assumptions? I already reminded Leamiteo that most of what we have to go on has to be reasoned with using assumptions.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I admit that in my post I might of made it seemed like I was putting everyone on the chopping block. But I thought that by default it was clear enough that I wasn't, just because of how insane that would be. Do you really think that I would try to propose that not one player voted to not go to Chicago for a harmless reason?
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

I'll admit, I thought you were putting all of those voters together, which is why I found your idea a bit out there. But at the same time, I don't see how you could argue that going/not going to Chicago or any other location could be harmful or harmless.

I applaud you for trying to think outside the box, but in order for me to be willing to look at a new theory, there has to be at least some logic behind it. And I don't see the logic behind yours I'm afraid.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Also, I know we still have a bit over a day to vote, but with this many people still alive, it seems WAY too quiet still. I wouldn't mind hearing more from some people who have been quiet(er) since the merging.

Long Con, I see you lurking. Anything you have to add to the conversation?
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 52
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I didn't vote to go to Chicago. I had already decided to stay in Wilmington after missing the vote to leave... I found that staying in the same thread would minimize of back-reading I would have to do, which appealed to me in a time that it seemed everyone was just talking about fighting without understanding what fighting was or meant. So, that's just another reason why a person wouldn't vote for Chicago, it's not from some nefarious intention, I just wanted to stay where I knew the thread.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

And I wasn't lurking, I was catching up after being gone all weekend. :p
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

IRL I moved to a new city. no internet yet. am i dead?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Epignosis »

Mongoose wrote:IRL I moved to a new city. no internet yet. am i dead?
You are.

You're also banned for violating a rule.

Nah just kidding.

Still dead a doornail though.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:I'll admit, I thought you were putting all of those voters together, which is why I found your idea a bit out there. But at the same time, I don't see how you could argue that going/not going to Chicago or any other location could be harmful or harmless.

I applaud you for trying to think outside the box, but in order for me to be willing to look at a new theory, there has to be at least some logic behind it. And I don't see the logic behind yours I'm afraid.
This was a sly response. As I said, it's hardly a new theory. It was shared with the main intention to emphasize how the logic behind unfurl's theory was lacking as well, and I would say moreso.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I'm curious as to why no one's voted vompatti yet. Is it normal over here for a strong yet failed lynch to garner no votes for quite a while the following day?
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

timmer wrote:Wow unfutl, you really are running wild with that, lol. I'm not sure about the move as a group thing at this point. Wouldnt they want to spread out??
To expand on this, the idea of studying the group of voters who wanted to go to Chicago makes several assumptions. First, that Tyler needs to be in the fight club to recruit someone. Second, that once he had recruited someone that he would choose to stick with them. Third, that the arrival of Chicago would mean they went there. Only if all of that is TRUE, does looking at the list of Chicago voters make sense.

To the first part, I do think that's likely how Tyler recruits. It just makes too much sense.

To the second part, a lot of it is timing and the question of BTSC. When exactly does a Tyler recruitment happen? The end of the night period? The start of night? If the recruitment only goes through at the end of the night, Tyler would have to put his name next to his target's in the poll without knowing if the recruitment would work. And then, once someone joins Project Mayhem, is there BTSC? Does Tyler have a link to them? Because this brings me to part 3...

The idea that they all chose to go to Chicago. If Tyler and the Mayhemites have BTSC, would they need to stick together? I no longer think they do; fighting doesn't seem too bad, and there are enough volunteers etc that no one should get sucked into fighting if they don't want to. With BTSC, to me it would make sense to split up, to try to get an eye in each fight club.

If they don't have BTSC, then definitely sticking together seems a bit more likely.

I think trying to find a lynch target based on all of this likely would lead to about the same chance of finding Tyler as picking someone at random, sadly.

I WILL, however, at least not vote for the people who have never shared a fight club with DH. That's the one part of this I feel pretty good about. So people like Keterman, juliets and the others are off of my personal list. For the rest... shit, I don't know.

Is there anything in seeing that INH died and was a cop? Was there anyone who was chummy with INH early on? Do the police have btsc where one got recruited and now the police will be picked off one by one? Do the police know who each other are?
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

@Keterman, you bring up a decent point about Vompatti. MP said the lynch was indeed a tie, so he MAY have survived by random chance. But, certainly if Alex knew this phase of the game would happen, he could have built in a lynch dodge to Tyler's role. And I stand by the weirdness of some of Vompatti's actions in this game. And before anyone jumps on me for using Vompatti and weird in the same sentence, I mean that Vompatti has at times NOT been weird, which for him is... weird. He asked for a letter in the siggie contest. Normal Vompatti would request "K". That he requested anything, but more importantly a D and not his standard "k" comment is odd.

If I don't find a better target today, Vomps will be my fallback lynch target.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

However, let's be real, here. That's not exactly a stellar cut and dried case, right there. I'm roughly at "day 2" in my certainties in this game, which is to say not very certain of anything. Anyone jumping on my comments about Vomps as if he is a slam dunk case will earn as much of a :ponder: from me as Vomps has.
My siggie.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

My eyes are primarily fixed towards vompatti, birdwithteeth11, and the llama73.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

So the roles say the cops have btsc... so if one gets recruited, the others are goners, I guess? Yikes...
My siggie.
Marmot
Marmot
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DharmaHelper wrote:Can I get rezzed now?
You're doing it wrong.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Nevinera wrote:Thanks, MM89! Still no baby, but it's got to happen soon.
No problem. I'm just taking responsibility... :huh:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

It will take me a little time to catch up. Luckily, I have that.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Hmm, Kterman, I think I may have talked myself out voting Vompatti again, actually.

I'm still clinging to the "tyler has to be in the room to recruit" theory, so by that rationale, if Vomps were Tyler his only chance to recruit DH was after Day 4 (I assume here that recruitments are night actions, thus Night 4) since Day 4 was their first time in the same fight club. Logically, that's too tight of a timeline.

In fact, let me expand this.

ANYONE who first encountered DH on Day 4 seems unlikely to be Tyler. The timeline would have to be: "Tyler" and DH both are in Peens Grove on Day 4, having never bumped each other before. "Tyler" sends in a recruitment night action to recruit DH. A policeman ALSO checks DH and... finds that he's a recruit and kills him the same night? It would depend a bit on how Alex does the whole Order of Events thing at night, but really, would a cop check DH at the exact same time Tyler tried to recruit him, and Alex would say a) you recruit him and then b) the cop checked him and then c) the cop killed him, all in one night? Seems a stretch.

Let me trim out the Day 4 people to see who are left with... and I won't be voting Vompatii.
My siggie.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Although it puts me in a nice practically-confirmed town position, I have to admit that I don't think the "Tyler has to be in the room to recruit" theory is good enough to base reads on. It is a very good theory, but it's no Theory of Relativity. It could be wrong, and if it is, that's a LOT of misguided reads that would come from it. I'm sticking to basing my reads entirely off of posts, which I admit might also be a bad idea.
timmer
Racketeer

Re: [NIGHT 5] Fight Club Mafia

Post by timmer »

Okay, so... alive people who had never shared a fight club with DH: Boomslang, Hedgeowl, juliets, Keterman, unfurl and Spacedaisy.

Alive people who only shared a fight club with DH day/night 4: Elohcin, FH/Canucklehead, Vompatti.

I personally won't vote for any of them today. Again, any of them could be RECRUITS. I just doubt any of them are TYLER.

@KEterman, absolutely, people need to follow their gut on these things.
My siggie.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

timmer wrote:So the roles say the cops have btsc... so if one gets recruited, the others are goners, I guess? Yikes...
It definitely behooves the cops to check their own ranks as soon as possible. Perhaps the host has safeguards against a domino effect like that, but better safe than sorry.

Return to “Previous Jobs”