[END] Fight Club Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 43

Re: [NIGHT 5] Fight Club Mafia

Post by Hedgeowl »

timmer wrote:Okay, so... alive people who had never shared a fight club with DH: Boomslang, Hedgeowl, juliets, Keterman, unfurl and Spacedaisy.

Alive people who only shared a fight club with DH day/night 4: Elohcin, FH/Canucklehead, Vompatti.

I personally won't vote for any of them today. Again, any of them could be RECRUITS. I just doubt any of them are TYLER.

@KEterman, absolutely, people need to follow their gut on these things.
I think that was what was interesting about the lynch was that the tie. That always makes me wonder if one group is trying to protect someone. I don't know if that means I will vote Ops again right now, but that is the best I have so far.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 60

Re: [DAY 6] Fight Club Mafia

Post by Bullzeye »

Keterman wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
unfurl wrote:Fair point about DP!

haha, i can not help to notice Bullz name is among the people wanted to go to chicago,
as I voted for the previous period
and then people say they dont see a connection bewteen him and DH :p
Of course I voted to go to Chicago. It was an entirely new place and I assumed everyone would be drawn there. Go read my posts, I said on the last night in Wilmington I thought that since a lot of people would presumably vote for the new place that Chicago would be a good place for discussion and building theories. How was I to know where DH had voted? We were in separate threads. There's no connection between me and him just a few minor interactions given more importance than they deserve. I've already established that he didn't help me get my fight on day two in any way and nor have I defended him against any accusers while they were present in the same thread.
Same here. And although it goes against the pet theory at the moment, I'm more weary of those who didn't vote Chicago. A new city to check out and they didn't vote for it? Why the lack of curiosity? Do they already know what the rest of us were going to find out?
I wouldn't really say anyone is suspicious for not voting (or indeed voting) Chicago. I just assumed a lot of people would do since it was new, and back in Wilmington Dom and I had a bit of a discussion in which I said perhaps our best bet is Chicago because we're likely to meet a lot of people there and together we might work things out better than separately.
S~V~S wrote: I know I didn't vote for it since i was going back to touch base at DC every other day, and the day Chicago appeared was that day. Although i likely might not have voted it anyhow, it was new and the popular option, and i have always been a contrarian :)

Unfurls paranoia is full swing, and she comes up with some pretty wicked theories when she is in paranoia mode. Her analysis is interesting, although I still think you sound genuine, faux Bullz sounds more "Aw Gee" than real Bullz.
She's definitely paranoid if she's seeing a connection between me and DH. The thing that kinda gets to me is that all the things that supposedly indicate this connection have been taken out of context and blown way out of proportion. If people took five minutes to read the relevant posts properly they'd see that.
S~V~S wrote:I will say though, that you did make one remark up there that got my attention~ if you had recruited DH to your team, or had both been recruited to the same team, you would know how he voted via BTS. I still find it highly unlikely that I will vote for you, though.

I liked Timmers list; I am going to comapre to Unfurls list.
Well yeah. But I don't see why a btsc team would feel the need to all be in the same place. You'd spread out to maximise knowledge and influence. I'm losing track with all these lists, theories, hypotheses and notions, I think a thorough readthrough is in order tonight.
juliets wrote: Sorsha, I looked at that same thing and the first thought that occurred to me was that the recruiting was done. But then I thought about this: there were 38 players that began this game. With 38 players you would normally see two mafia teams of 3 with the ability to recruit 1 or 2 teams of 4 and/or a SK. Assuming Tyler started recruiting night 1, he would have had 4+1(Tyler)=5 recruits at the time MP posted that message. That would make 5 baddies. I just don't think 5 baddies are enough in a 38 player game which is what led me to believe he is still able to recruit. Maybe there is some other mechanic at work here and I just don't see the full picture but for now I can't understand how MP would leave the baddies with only 5 (assuming of course DH hadn't died).

I have no idea who I'm going to vote for tomorrow but looking at those lists seems like a good way to me to find a baddie.
Nothing special to add here but I do think this is a very good analysis! 33 against 5 wouldn't be particularly balanced.
Keterman wrote:I'm curious as to why no one's voted vompatti yet. Is it normal over here for a strong yet failed lynch to garner no votes for quite a while the following day?
I'm not even too sure where the Vomp votes came from. I tend to be wary of voting for him (as a civ anyway) because half the time he's only getting votes because he plays in an unusual way.
timmer wrote:@Keterman, you bring up a decent point about Vompatti. MP said the lynch was indeed a tie, so he MAY have survived by random chance. But, certainly if Alex knew this phase of the game would happen, he could have built in a lynch dodge to Tyler's role. And I stand by the weirdness of some of Vompatti's actions in this game. And before anyone jumps on me for using Vompatti and weird in the same sentence, I mean that Vompatti has at times NOT been weird, which for him is... weird. He asked for a letter in the siggie contest. Normal Vompatti would request "K". That he requested anything, but more importantly a D and not his standard "k" comment is odd.

If I don't find a better target today, Vomps will be my fallback lynch target.
Hmmm... I see what you're saying here but at the same time does he usually change up his playstyle as a baddie? I can't recall him ever actually being bad off the top of my head.
timmer wrote:So the roles say the cops have btsc... so if one gets recruited, the others are goners, I guess? Yikes...
I thought about this. It actually benefits a recruited cop to not kill off his teammates, because eventually it'd get down to two cops left and the nonrecruited cop knows it's not him, so he can target his surviving partner and kill a recruit. I think. The cops probably shouldn't get killed off one by one but they may have been compromised given INH's death. A smart recruited cop should know not to wipe out his or her teammates so quickly.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 100

Post by S~V~S »

juliets wrote:RIP INH, the way i read an unrecruited police death by Mayhem is that one of the police has been recruited and knew who to target. Though why they didnt just recruit him instead I don't know.

Also welcome back Metalmarsh and good luck with the new baby Nevinera.

One thing I thought about that would support a theory that DH was recruited early is that early on he was not receiving heat from everyone regarding how much his plan resembled llamas early on in the game. If i were recruiting people I wouldn't want someone who is getting a lot of negative attention because as happened, the police are more likely to check that person out and find them to be bad. Again though, as unfurl says, this whole thing is just a theory.

Speaking of the police checking people receiving negative attention, I wonder if they checked llama and found him to be ok. When I put myself in their shoes he would have been one I wanted to check out. Just a thought though, I am not police just trying to think like them.
Yeah, this. There are a few people I think the police might have checked by now. I also think your point about DH and his plan vs Llamas plan is spot on. I think it possible/likely he was recruited Night One in Wilmington. He came out against llamas plan almost as soon as the thread opened. When I look for recruits, I look for behavior changes, and going from supporting a Zenophobia plan to attacking one is a pretty big change. Although it is also possible he was doing the strong man thing; when a strong man walks into a room, the first thing he does is seek out other strong men so he can eliminate/neutralize them. Which would have little bearing on his recruitment status behavior wise. But it just feels right to me, a day one recruitment. He did a lot of kissing up in that thread Day 2. I think he was recruited Day 2 the latest, tbh, totally based on his behavior, but i would be surprised if it was not Day 1.

I am likely going to vote from that group, I may have time to do a bit of rereading at work, but the poll ends fairly late, so I will have enough time after work. I have good feels about a few of these people, less than good feels about others, and no feels whatsoever about some.

Linki, I had forgotten Keterman had said that. i did not think the Vomp lynch was particularly strong, it was a tie.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Ebwop Night One in New Castle :derp:
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

S~V~S wrote: Linki, I had forgotten Keterman had said that. i did not think the Vomp lynch was particularly strong, it was a tie.
Not to mention the lynch was spread all over the place. 20+ votes across 12 people, Vomp only got 5. I definitely don't find it surprising that he hasn't received any yet today, maybe some of his voters from yesterday will want to try again but his vote count would suggest the majority don't suspect him. I doubt he'll get my vote today but then I don't have any idea who will yet. I guess Keterman just isn't used to playing round here yet so it seems unusual to him that join first place in the last lynch isn't automatically on the chopping block today but if you look at the numbers involved that should explain it I think.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 8

Re: [DAY 5] Fight Club Mafia

Post by Dom »

A very busy week for Dom this week. :3 Working 60 hours PLUS seeing One Direction on Friday, PLUS seeing Finding Neverland on Saturday.

Also, can we please all agree that xenophobia is spelled as such? :p
Bullzeye wrote: Never said I was a confirmed civ. Obviously I know I am one though so I do know that my own lynch was incredibly unlikely to result in a baddie lynch. I never said any differently to the idea of it making more sense for an active player to be recruited. In fact earlier in the day I specifically said that if Tyler has recruited an inactive player then he's wasted a recruitment and isn't really playing his role very well.
Bullz, this made me very suspicious of you as I caught up. I think it kind of speaks for itself.
Bullzeye wrote:

haha, i can not help to notice Bullz name is among the people wanted to go to chicago,
Of course I voted to go to Chicago. It was an entirely new place and I assumed everyone would be drawn there. Go read my posts, I said on the last night in Wilmington I thought that since a lot of people would presumably vote for the new place that Chicago would be a good place for discussion and building theories. How was I to know where DH had voted? We were in separate threads. There's no connection between me and him just a few minor interactions given more importance than they deserve. I've already established that he didn't help me get my fight on day two in any way and nor have I defended him against any accusers while they were present in the same thread.
And here's another reason why you are just making me go CRAZY about you today, Bullz, you are defending yourself for the wrong reasons. Rather than saying you aren't bad for reason x, and thus this isn't true, you are saying, "Well, your argument doesn't make much sense for this specific instance." You also fail to realize that if unfurl is right (a big IF, tbh) then you would have BTSC with DH, and thus, you wouldn't have any argument here. Sorry, Bullz, but I'm not buying this.
timmer wrote:Okay, so... alive people who had never shared a fight club with DH: Boomslang, Hedgeowl, juliets, Keterman, unfurl and Spacedaisy.

Alive people who only shared a fight club with DH day/night 4: Elohcin, FH/Canucklehead, Vompatti.

I personally won't vote for any of them today. Again, any of them could be RECRUITS. I just doubt any of them are TYLER.

@KEterman, absolutely, people need to follow their gut on these things.
Timmer, I have really enjoyed your analyses this game. Just curious, I don't remember sharing a thread with DH, so could you tell me when I did?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Dom wrote:
Bullzeye wrote: Never said I was a confirmed civ. Obviously I know I am one though so I do know that my own lynch was incredibly unlikely to result in a baddie lynch. I never said any differently to the idea of it making more sense for an active player to be recruited. In fact earlier in the day I specifically said that if Tyler has recruited an inactive player then he's wasted a recruitment and isn't really playing his role very well.
Bullz, this made me very suspicious of you as I caught up. I think it kind of speaks for itself.
I wondered when you'd chime in Dom! :p Look at the context. I was telling Kyle his logic of "he can just replace back in" is no excuse to lynch a civ.
Dom wrote: And here's another reason why you are just making me go CRAZY about you today, Bullz, you are defending yourself for the wrong reasons. Rather than saying you aren't bad for reason x, and thus this isn't true, you are saying, "Well, your argument doesn't make much sense for this specific instance." You also fail to realize that if unfurl is right (a big IF, tbh) then you would have BTSC with DH, and thus, you wouldn't have any argument here. Sorry, Bullz, but I'm not buying this.
While I'm flattered you're so crazy about me, I'll defend myself how I think is best. The arguments I've seen trying to connect me to DH don't make much sense because they take things out of context and make them seem like more than they were. That is my defense.

Dom wrote:Timmer, I have really enjoyed your analyses this game. Just curious, I don't remember sharing a thread with DH, so could you tell me when I did?
Weren't you in Wilmington on day two when half of Newcastle arrived there?
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Dom »

Bullzeye wrote:
Dom wrote:
I wondered when you'd chime in Dom! :p Look at the context. I was telling Kyle his logic of "he can just replace back in" is no excuse to lynch a civ.
Dom wrote: And here's another reason why you are just making me go CRAZY about you today, Bullz, you are defending yourself for the wrong reasons. Rather than saying you aren't bad for reason x, and thus this isn't true, you are saying, "Well, your argument doesn't make much sense for this specific instance." You also fail to realize that if unfurl is right (a big IF, tbh) then you would have BTSC with DH, and thus, you wouldn't have any argument here. Sorry, Bullz, but I'm not buying this.
While I'm flattered you're so crazy about me, I'll defend myself how I think is best. The arguments I've seen trying to connect me to DH don't make much sense because they take things out of context and make them seem like more than they were. That is my defense.

Dom wrote:Timmer, I have really enjoyed your analyses this game. Just curious, I don't remember sharing a thread with DH, so could you tell me when I did?
Weren't you in Wilmington on day two when half of Newcastle arrived there?
To be honest, Bullz, I don't know. :3 I haven't had a serious amount of time to REALLY dedicate to this game as of yet. I'm doing my best with what I have.

In addition my second point can be summed up as follows: I feel your statements are reading that people are wrong in their reasons, not their thoughts.

I am not sure when I'll be back. I'll likely have to go into both jobs for extended hours today, so I'm voting Bullz now.

Timmer, I enjoyed your case on Vompatti, and it does, indeed, seem unlikely that he's Tyler-- do you think he's a recruit?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Dom wrote:
In addition my second point can be summed up as follows: I feel your statements are reading that people are wrong in their reasons, not their thoughts.
I am not sure when I'll be back. I'll likely have to go into both jobs for extended hours today, so I'm voting Bullz now.
If people's reasons are that there's a clear solid connection between me and DH then their reasons are wrong. There's not much more I can say to that really.

Are we really going to do this again? It's kinda played out at this point.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 162

Post by thellama73 »

Maybe it's the fact that I'm operating no 3 hours sleep, but the paranoid little voice inside me is starting to wonder whether Timmer is playing the greatest baddie game of all time.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 52
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

thellama73 wrote:Maybe it's the fact that I'm operating no 3 hours sleep, but the paranoid little voice inside me is starting to wonder whether Timmer is playing the greatest baddie game of all time.
Is that just a random feeling, or do you have a case on him? This is Day 6, but it still feels so early with where suspicions are.

What was the case on Vompatti again? Keterman seems to think that he would be automatically receiving votes because he came so close to lynch last time, but was there a solid case against him, or did votes just kind of fall his way in a lazy semi-bandwagon?
unfurl
The Mark
Posts in topic: 78

Post by unfurl »

thellama73 wrote:Maybe it's the fact that I'm operating no 3 hours sleep, but the paranoid little voice inside me is starting to wonder whether Timmer is playing the greatest baddie game of all time.

Haha, well paranoia is my best friend,
I had thought what if timmer was the big bad wolf, when I was in new castle, and he also started there
and he was all lets find tyler so we can end this game (paraprhasing) and I thought would it be funny if it was tyler himself, and we will all running looking for him with him :omg:

But being serious, I lean more toward he is not tyler, but not ruling anyone out of being him

Gonna respond few things about my theory now, but this paranoia thought, was something I could not say something at first
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Long Con wrote:
Is that just a random feeling, or do you have a case on him? This is Day 6, but it still feels so early with where suspicions are.

What was the case on Vompatti again? Keterman seems to think that he would be automatically receiving votes because he came so close to lynch last time, but was there a solid case against him, or did votes just kind of fall his way in a lazy semi-bandwagon?
I don't really suspect him. In fact, I suspect him least of anyone, and that fact in itself makes me suspect him. I don't trust people who appear too trustworthy. It's a bit of a Catch-22.

But again, I think lack of sleep has more to do with this than anything.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
unfurl wrote:Warning!
Im officially obsesed with trying to figure out timmer theory LOL, if DH and tyler moved together at some point

and I thought go back to the last place where DH was before being killed, and here below
first he wanted to go to wilmington, so maybe tyler was there, but when chicago was added during the night, he changed his mind
Re: [DAY 4] Fight Club Mafia - Penns Grove, NJ
Anyone wanna go to maybe, Wilmington with me after this?

Re: [NIGHT 4] Fight Club Mafia - Penns Grove, NJ
As much as I'd love to travel with you Canucklehead, Chicago is just too interesting of an opportunity to pass up.
so perhaps tyler was going to be in "Chicago" and it voted for that choice
so lets look who voted to visit Chicago during Night 4

NIGHT 4
Check out the fight club in Chicago, IL

[POLLS] Fight Club Mafia - Wilmington, DE
Keterman
DisgruntledPorcupine 2.0
Bullzeye
Kylemii
Dom

Fight Club Mafia - Delaware City, DE
No votes

Fight Club Mafia - New Castle, DE
Mongoose - Civilian -- Lynched - Day 5
Mister Rearranger

Fight Club Mafia - Penns Grove, NJ
DharmaHelper - Project Mayhem Member - Civilian
Sorsha
Russtifinko
johns2jj - Civilian -- Lynched - Day 5

---

Would it be so easy to figure out who is Tyler?
that leaves 8 possible people
:omg:
Definitely interesting. But how would we know that Tyler had voted to go to Chicago? Either I missed something in your theory, or that's a wild guess.
bwt
Is all based in how DH wanted to go to willmington at first, but then when chicago was added, he changed his mind
so is more likely a fact Day/Night 4 - DH was having btsc with Tyler, so what if both decided to go to Chicago
It also is added to the timmer theory that Tyler had do be in the same place to recruit people

I do want to compare, how many of these people were with DH - Day 1 and Day 2, to cross reference

And it still a theory phase people,
but thats better then nothing
But if Im right and we find out, I was right, I will be gladly say "See people sometimes my paranoia is right :p " and if Im wrong, then I dont mind saying "Looks like I was wrong, not the first time :p "

---
Bullzeye wrote:

If you had btsc with DH, you would know where he was going, very simple ;airguitar:

---
timmer wrote:Wow unfutl, you really are running wild with that, lol. I'm not sure about the move as a group thing at this point. Wouldnt they want to spread out??
I was refering to Tyler and DH moving together, is very likely other recruits moved to other places
But Tyler is the one we need to find! and I think it will make some sense he would be curious to go the new shiny place to find something "new"
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 54
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

unfurl, in your theory why would it be so important for tyler and dh to travel to chicago - or anywhere else - together? I'm probably missing a point in the theory.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

Linki juliets
yes, is important they traveled together to chicago, is a big part of my theory
but I also think they were likely eitheir Day 1 or Day 2 or both together
Im probably not vey good at explaining it :blush:

---

Ok I crossed reference of the people who wanted to go to chicago below,
to see who share the same place with DH Day-Night 1 New Castle and Day_night 2 Willmington
and only keterman was not with DH,
so If DH was recruited by Tyler and had to be with the recruit, he is most likely not Tyler

Keterman (NOT with DH Day-Night 1 or Day-Night 2)
(based on theory most likely not Tyler)

DisgruntledPorcupine 2.0 - Devin the Omniscient (With DH Day-Night 2 )
(llamas point "I don't think DP 2.0 is likely to be Tyler, since he replaced an inactive player. We know Tyler was active in the first half of the game, since he recruited.)

Bullzeye (With DH Day-Night 1 or Day-Night 2)

Kylemii (With DH Day-Night 1)

Dom (With DH Day-Night 2)

Mongoose - Civilian -- Lynched - Day 5

Mister Rearranger (With DH Day-Night 1 or Day-Night 2)

DharmaHelper - Project Mayhem Member - Civilian

Sorsha (With DH Day-Night 2)

Russtifinko (With DH Day-Night 1)

johns2jj - Civilian -- Lynched - Day 5

And also to be clear, I dont have a way to gaining nothing of info, Im vanilla as it cab be, but I has wild imagination :omg:
So I do understand if people dont agree with me, but it also is not going to stop me from sharing it :D
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

unfurl wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:

If you had btsc with DH, you would know where he was going, very simple ;airguitar:
Yeah except there's no more reason to believe I do than there is for anyone else. If I had btsc with anyone at all, good or bad, my decision of where to go wouldn't be based on theirs. I'd choose for myself.
unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

And who is to say, he based his decision on yours?

I know, there is something that bothers me about you being tyler, and he being your recruit
would the two of you be so obvious? but there is always wifom, plus you say there is not connection

so yeah, Im back to I suspect you square, but Im capable of admitting also sometimes I can be quiet stubborn

I dont know, and with so many players not even posting, makes me wonder there are too many people hiding and you are certanly are not hiding :ponder:

all I know is I will be votting later on today,
as I may miss the poll timer if I wait until tomorrow, as it ends early morning for me, and sometimes Im not online at that time
and one I do not like missing votes when the easy solution is to vote sort of early, and two maybe MP is likely modkilling people that also miss votting this day
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 65

Post by a2thezebra »

Bullzeye wrote:
S~V~S wrote: Linki, I had forgotten Keterman had said that. i did not think the Vomp lynch was particularly strong, it was a tie.
Not to mention the lynch was spread all over the place. 20+ votes across 12 people, Vomp only got 5. I definitely don't find it surprising that he hasn't received any yet today, maybe some of his voters from yesterday will want to try again but his vote count would suggest the majority don't suspect him. I doubt he'll get my vote today but then I don't have any idea who will yet. I guess Keterman just isn't used to playing round here yet so it seems unusual to him that join first place in the last lynch isn't automatically on the chopping block today but if you look at the numbers involved that should explain it I think.
Fifteen votes? I would call that strong, even in a game with much larger numbers to begin with. Really any number that results in either a lynch or a tie lynch would be considered strong to me. Also keep in mind that I wasn't declaring that it was strange that he had no votes yet already, I was in fact asking the general community if not automatically being on the chopping block the following day was standard here. Apparently it isn't. Carry on.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I'm going to vote for birdwithteeth11. The vibes he gave me earlier were abysmal.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Boomslang »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Keterman wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:

Same here. And although it goes against the pet theory at the moment, I'm more weary of those who didn't vote Chicago. A new city to check out and they didn't vote for it? Why the lack of curiosity? Do they already know what the rest of us were going to find out?
Personally, I voted for Penn's Grove that day, because it was the only city I hadn't been to yet. By the time I noticed Chicago was a new option, it was too late.
I'm willing to buy this, mostly because I didn't notice the Chicago option myself. That drastic geography change does suggest the possibility of a drastic rules change, but I'm not sure what that would be. I don't think the movie itself sets a definite location, but the ending of skyscrapers does hint at a more major city...
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Keterman wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Fifteen votes? I would call that strong, even in a game with much larger numbers to begin with. Really any number that results in either a lynch or a tie lynch would be considered strong to me. Also keep in mind that I wasn't declaring that it was strange that he had no votes yet already, I was in fact asking the general community if not automatically being on the chopping block the following day was standard here. Apparently it isn't. Carry on.
Sometimes the second person in a tied lynch would be on the chopping block straight away but I think the circumstances here are different. Vomp's five voters may decide they still want him out but it's not like he was the lesser of two evils in everyone else's eyes, he was just one potential name out of several. It just happened that the vote was spread out enough for him to almost die.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Keterman wrote:I'm going to vote for birdwithteeth11. The vibes he gave me earlier were abysmal.
Keterman is there anything specific you can add to this? What gave you the abysmal vibes?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Regarding birdwithteeth11, It's not the defense itself that's unbelievable, but his manner of posting in that short period. First he excuses himself for not voting Chicago, without making a comment on my soon to be poorly-received theory. I tell him I don't think I buy his excuse and this is his response, in two different posts:

"Uh...really? Why not?"

"Or you could just go look at the respective thread. That would give you your answer. ;) "

First he's caught off guard and asks me to explain why I don't believe him as if that's something I can put to detail. Then a minute later he gains confidence out of nowhere, as if to make up for his nervousness. Then it's not until a few posts later that he goes after me for my "theory" and all my "assumptions". Why not before, why not even to prelude the post of his excuse? The tone of those posts in context fit a scum thought process far too well.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Also as I mentioned earlier he attempted to reason that he wasn't lying by referring to an earlier public post, as if he couldn't have been lying there either. It's not that the reasoning is weak, it's that it's scummy weak, as if he was trying to find a desperate way to prove his innocence, which wasn't even called for in the first place because I was the only one to call him out.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Thanks keterman. I will take a look at what you are referencing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Black Rock »

Wow, that was a lot to take in. I think I forget half of it. I'm not sure if I missed it or not but Unfurl, why did you choose Chicago as the destination in your theory. There is something I'm missing here that isn't making it all add up. I'm a little confused with what came together to allow you to arrive here. Does that make sense?
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Super busy today and not much time, but I want to make sure I don't miss the vote.

I'm actually going wildcard and voting for Kyle. He is on unfurl's list and I found his eagerness to participate in the last fight a little unsettling. Just a gut ping.

bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 55
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Keterman wrote:I'm going to vote for birdwithteeth11. The vibes he gave me earlier were abysmal.
Teefies has that effect on people. :p

In all seriousness though, he's read pretty ok to me so far. But everyone's read pretty ok to me so far so IDK how much that's worth.

Black Rock wrote:Wow, that was a lot to take in. I think I forget half of it. I'm not sure if I missed it or not but Unfurl, why did you choose Chicago as the destination in your theory. There is something I'm missing here that isn't making it all add up. I'm a little confused with what came together to allow you to arrive here. Does that make sense?
This. So much this.

also, on a more personal note, I just found out a couple hours ago that my old GM passed away unexpectedly. She was a good friend. I've been co-ordinating with corporate to help reach out to the family this afternoon in regards to programs and stuff that we have set up for families in need of assistance. My mind isn't exactly mafiaing right now though I'm trying to welcome the distraction.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

At this point, since i ascribe to the theory that DH was recruited early and that tyler was in the thread, I'll probably vote one of the people in the thread with DH day 1. I'm not married to this way of finding somebody to vote for so if someone has a better idea I'm all ears. I'm not understanding the chicago element that unfurl is passionate about, I just can't think of a reason they would both go to chicago. Seems like, as someone else said, they would want to spread out. Also possible is I don't understand the point unfurl is making. I've found her to be very insightful in games where she is civ, even if she does call her theories paranoic :) .

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Oh, I was thinking the poll ended tonight. My bad. Oh well, I stand by my vote.

Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Sorsha »

Long Con wrote: What was the case on Vompatti again? Keterman seems to think that he would be automatically receiving votes because he came so close to lynch last time, but was there a solid case against him, or did votes just kind of fall his way in a lazy semi-bandwagon?
This was the original post against vomps:
timmer wrote:Okay, continuing my read of Penns Grove.

So Vompatti, who has been his normal obscure self, continues to be an interesting person here.

Day 3, DH shows up, throws his shit around and makes sure everyone knows he wants to fight. But then he says:

"Vomps wants to fight, so I will let him do that."

Only there is no post AT ALL where Vompatti said he wanted to fight. None. Please read Penns Grove and tell me where I'm wrong.

Also, Alex mentioned that the puzzle in his siggie hadn't yet been solved and said people could suggest a letter.

Vompatti said: "I request the letter 'D'."

That's VERY unlike Vompatti to be so suddenly on-topic and direct.

I think I just talked myself into thinking Vompatti is bad.
I'm not going to go find all the other people who voted for him too but if you go back to this post you can scan through and find them.

I think I am going to be voting for vomps today, as I did yesterday. I think the theories going around are nice and everything but this point about vomps is a good one and I'd rather vote for someone based on actual thread behavior than on a theory that may or may not be correct.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Sorsha, timmer did come back and say he was not going to vote Vompatti because of some other reasoning. It's on the tip of my brain but i cant remember what he said, just thought you might want to take a look at it before you vote.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Sorsha »

juliets wrote:Sorsha, timmer did come back and say he was not going to vote Vompatti because of some other reasoning. It's on the tip of my brain but i cant remember what he said, just thought you might want to take a look at it before you vote.
Yeah, it seems like timmer is going a process of elimination based on his theory, which as I said above, may or may not be correct.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

ok, i just wanted to make sure you saw it.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

Black Rock wrote:Wow, that was a lot to take in. I think I forget half of it. I'm not sure if I missed it or not but Unfurl, why did you choose Chicago as the destination in your theory. There is something I'm missing here that isn't making it all add up. I'm a little confused with what came together to allow you to arrive here. Does that make sense?
Im gonna see if I can explain it better

1- Im going by timmer theory that Tyler had do be in the same club to recruit people

2- Im thinking that DH was recruited Day-Night 1 or Day-Night 2

[DAY-NIGHT 1] Fight Club Mafia - New Castle, DE
[DAY-NIGHT 2] Fight Club Mafia - Wilmington, DE

3- Read this previous post of mine, which let me think more, tyler was supossed to move to that place, and maybe DH wanted ace to be recruited
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 136#p75136
[DAY-NIGHT 3] Fight Club Mafia - Delaware City, DE
[DAY-NIGHT 4] Fight Club Mafia - Penns Grove, NJ

4-Then I thought where was the last place DH wanted to visit, maybe there will be a clue there,
and first he wanted to go willmington and then he changed his mind to chicago

Thinking on the possibility that very likely Tyler recruits would want to somehow protect him, like I doubt tyler will be by himself in places, more so if it was a "new" place
and also I really think they would want to visit there
I know this is me going with a theory, perhaps tyler decided to stay in a familiar surronding, and let his recruits visit the new place, but my gut says he would also want to visit the shiny place

I hope this is more clear, if not let me know
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 88
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:Oh, I was thinking the poll ended tonight. My bad. Oh well, I stand by my vote.
Yes, sorry for the wacky times -- it's due partially to the fact that I was busy the entire day and evening of my birthday, and I didn't want everyone to have to wait another full 24 hours for the results. Also, my schedule is actually busier in the evenings right now, since I'm not working this last week I'm in Cincinnati, so for now I'll probably keep the times similar to where they are, though they're bound to head back to the evenings at some point. If everyone else would rather evenings though, I could possibly be persuaded to push the time back to about where it was now.
unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

Is time for me to vote, as tomorrow I may miss it, if Im not online earlysh
No surprise, Im votting for one the people on my list,
But Im torn, part of me thinks let it go this bullz thing, he would not be so out in your face if is tyler,
is just me being stubborn and other part wants to listen to my gut

ahhh my head is spinning :wall:

I wish I did not had to vote early, so I was able to see who the people in my list vote for, or if they even post cause most of them are quieter,
to try to get a better idea on where they stand, probably it will make my head spin more :P

Im gonna stick with votting bullz
whatever this lynch goes, I hope with time some votting patters gives me a little clue on who is with who

---

Linky MP, it would be better if ended few hours later of what it is now, for me at least :D but not so late that Im not longer online :p tough audience
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

MP, I am fine with any time except those later at night, 10:00 ish, time frames.

Unfurl, I think I do understand your theory better than I did before. Thanks for trying again on the explanation.

BR and Elochin, this is completely unrelated but one of the things I wanted to ask you today (and forgot until now) is why you voted for boogs to fight. He had already fought once and won and I thought the idea was we were trying to give people who hadn't fought the opportunity so we would have everyone leveled up. I'm just curious about your reasoning on that vote.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Dom wrote:A very busy week for Dom this week. :3 Working 60 hours PLUS seeing One Direction on Friday, PLUS seeing Finding Neverland on Saturday.

Also, can we please all agree that xenophobia is spelled as such? :p
:|

Sorry I misspelled something, I will be more careful in future.

Someone had said they thought the lynch ended tonight? I did too.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

juliets wrote:unfurl, in your theory why would it be so important for tyler and dh to travel to chicago - or anywhere else - together? I'm probably missing a point in the theory.
Maybe becasue the person she seems to most suspect, Bullz, voted Chicago with DH? That is how i am reading it anyhow, it seems more of a case on Bullz than a general theory.
Keterman wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
But he didn't get 15 votes, he got 5, and he was tied, plus 2 people each got 4 iirc.

Just caught up to today, and i see that Unfurl did vote for Bullz.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Black Rock »

juliets wrote:MP, I am fine with any time except those later at night, 10:00 ish, time frames.

Unfurl, I think I do understand your theory better than I did before. Thanks for trying again on the explanation.

BR and Elochin, this is completely unrelated but one of the things I wanted to ask you today (and forgot until now) is why you voted for boogs to fight. He had already fought once and won and I thought the idea was we were trying to give people who hadn't fought the opportunity so we would have everyone leveled up. I'm just curious about your reasoning on that vote.

That was an oversight on my part, I must have missed him in my list of winners. I'll have to fix that.
ImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Boomslang »

Sorsha wrote:
Long Con wrote: What was the case on Vompatti again? Keterman seems to think that he would be automatically receiving votes because he came so close to lynch last time, but was there a solid case against him, or did votes just kind of fall his way in a lazy semi-bandwagon?
This was the original post against vomps:
timmer wrote:Okay, continuing my read of Penns Grove.

So Vompatti, who has been his normal obscure self, continues to be an interesting person here.

Day 3, DH shows up, throws his shit around and makes sure everyone knows he wants to fight. But then he says:

"Vomps wants to fight, so I will let him do that."

Only there is no post AT ALL where Vompatti said he wanted to fight. None. Please read Penns Grove and tell me where I'm wrong.

Also, Alex mentioned that the puzzle in his siggie hadn't yet been solved and said people could suggest a letter.

Vompatti said: "I request the letter 'D'."

That's VERY unlike Vompatti to be so suddenly on-topic and direct.

I think I just talked myself into thinking Vompatti is bad.
I'm not going to go find all the other people who voted for him too but if you go back to this post you can scan through and find them.

I think I am going to be voting for vomps today, as I did yesterday. I think the theories going around are nice and everything but this point about vomps is a good one and I'd rather vote for someone based on actual thread behavior than on a theory that may or may not be correct.
Interesting points both, especially the first. Regarding the second point I get the feeling that Vomps being random encompasses random moments of lucidity... On the other hand, I can see DH trying to throw Vomps, with all of his known behavior, under the bus if he thought suspicion was coming his way.
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 101

Post by timmer »

:noble:

This game is right up my alley. Like unfurl, I love breaking apart voting patterns to the nth degree to find the paranoid truth, so im definitely revving my engines in this game. Conspiracy theories are my bread and butter!! ;airguitar:
My siggie.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 83

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Alright. As of right now, I have no idea who I'm going to vote for. I'm extremely tired and my mind is looking at a thousand and one different angles in this game right now. I have to vote tonight, so I'm going to read back and bit and see if I can't put a few puzzle pieces together and come up with at least a semi-reasonable vote.
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Leamiteo »

Keterman wrote: Nearly everything we say at this point is an assumption, why are you trying to act like my theorizing stands out as unorthodox? And why are you trying to act like I was going to use those assumptions to make actual cases? Your reasoning sounds decent enough, but why so quick to be defensive because I used the w-word (weary)?
I I was simply commenting; stating my opinion on the theory and defending my reason for not voting Chicago, nothing more.
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Leamiteo »

timmer wrote:So the roles say the cops have btsc... so if one gets recruited, the others are goners, I guess? Yikes...
And then the other cops would know who the recruits were? Yes?
bea wrote:
also, on a more personal note, I just found out a couple hours ago that my old GM passed away unexpectedly. She was a good friend. I've been co-ordinating with corporate to help reach out to the family this afternoon in regards to programs and stuff that we have set up for families in need of assistance. My mind isn't exactly mafiaing right now though I'm trying to welcome the distraction.
I'm so sorry bea. :( My thoughts and condolences are with you.

I'm sorry that I'm not very talkative due to my being quite busy. I'm all for being questioned, but every time I have spoken up I get people targeting me specifically. I understand paranoia and I'm with you, trying to find Tyler in a sea of mafia this large, but geesh people, give me a break! This happened to me earlier with DH and he turned out to be bad....just saying.
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Leamiteo »

Also my view 'first unread post' is not functioning as it should...I just realized tonight that I had skipped a page and a half earlier because of it. Help? Anyone?
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Leamiteo wrote:
And then the other cops would know who the recruits were? Yes?
Hmm...

@Alex: If a policeman is recruited, do the other cops know it? Does a recruited cop lose BTSC with the other cops?
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

I have a question for peeps: we had considerable votes on bulls, nevinera and vompatti, along with fewer votes on various others. To the people who voted on those bandwagons, how do you feel about your vote now? Are you voting the same? Why yes or no?

Personally, I'm not voting Vompatti again, I feel the chance of him being Tyler is low. I'm not sure where that leaves me, tbh. I've been trying to chase down some more angles on things, but nothing ever feels any better than anything else. I may fall back on my earlier feeling on bullz, at this point, but I don't feel very secure about it.
My siggie.

Return to “Previous Jobs”