Pete Townshend (Nons, Deads, Mod, Host)
50%

Total votes: 10
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 65

Re: Misfits Mafia (Day 0)

Post by a2thezebra »

I see. Well then 24 hours will have to do.

SVS and Sorsha better get to defending themselves ASAP.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 210

Post by DharmaHelper »

Made wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:I know you won't believe my words Keterman, so I'm hoping I can let my actions prove to you that I am not feigning anything. I genuinely believed what I said about picking a leader, and after playing (I think it was MP's) Rock and Roll(?) game with the DJ and seeing how that role was easily abused, I was genuinely invested in finding the best person for this leadership thing. It may be, as you say, for "just a game", but my plan is to win this game.
Ight, this could either be telling or damning, hell maybe both. What you think about S~V~S so far? Keep in mind Keterman's argument, while convincing, ain't law. Say what you think yo.
I recognize Keterman's points against her, and took note of a few of them myself as they were happening. I would have said more against SVS, but she is a player I have difficulty reading at times and out of respect I wanted all my ducks in a row before I placed a case out there.

The main nags that I get from the Sorsha/SVS thing is that they both seem too buddy-buddy, and that as I said SVS was far too quick to put that vote on Sorsha. There are inconsistencies and pings all over the place if you go back and look at their interactions, a lot of which Keterman outlined in his post.

Of the two, I find Sorsha more suspect.

linki - 24 hours is fine.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dana »

Epignosis wrote:
Keterman wrote:I'm strongly in favor of a 48 hour day to see which of these three (SVS, Sorsha, DH, or a possible other candidate if someone else gets very suspicious very fast) will get my vote.
Speed games on The Syndicate are 24 hour Days and 24 hour Nights. Full games here are 48 hour Days and 24 hour Nights.
Did we skip night 0 or is there none? Just day 0 to day 1?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I didn't see these quotes in Keterman's post and I think they're interesting so here you go:
S~V~S wrote:I am glad we have until Monday~
S~V~S wrote:*Votes Sorsha*

I love puppies :)

Unrelated = Something I found interesting about Sorsha apart from her buddy/buddy with SVS was her reactionary and weak (in terms of logic) post here:
Sorsha wrote:
Dana wrote:Okay, here are my thoughts for all you wonderful people.

I think DH is being very logical, which is a very important quality for a leader. I also feel like they are trustworthy, though I could be wrong. I agree with many of their points about selfless leadership, not campaigning, etc., which is why they are at the top of my list for the time being.
Do you know DH off of the forums? Because I can't think of any reason you'd be new here and automatically think he is trustworthy.

Oh wait, yes I can. If you guys are on the same team and you're vouching for a teammate.....

ImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 29

Post by Elohcin »

Dana wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Keterman wrote:I'm strongly in favor of a 48 hour day to see which of these three (SVS, Sorsha, DH, or a possible other candidate if someone else gets very suspicious very fast) will get my vote.
Speed games on The Syndicate are 24 hour Days and 24 hour Nights. Full games here are 48 hour Days and 24 hour Nights.
Yes, it is quite odd to call it day 0 and not have a night. I think it should just be called the game intro or something.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 115

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote:
Dana wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Yes, it is quite odd to call it day 0 and not have a night. I think it should just be called the game intro or something.
Some games DO have Night 0 where the Mafia kills a civilian. Would you like that? :feb:

Can I please finish my other post? :mafia:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Dana
Drug Dealer
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dana »

DharmaHelper wrote: Unrelated = Something I found interesting about Sorsha apart from her buddy/buddy with SVS was her reactionary and weak (in terms of logic) post here:
Sorsha wrote:
Dana wrote:Okay, here are my thoughts for all you wonderful people.

I think DH is being very logical, which is a very important quality for a leader. I also feel like they are trustworthy, though I could be wrong. I agree with many of their points about selfless leadership, not campaigning, etc., which is why they are at the top of my list for the time being.
Do you know DH off of the forums? Because I can't think of any reason you'd be new here and automatically think he is trustworthy.

Oh wait, yes I can. If you guys are on the same team and you're vouching for a teammate.....
I agree, I was pretty shocked by that reaction also. I mean, I gave the reasons right there. Though maybe it makes sense she would react with that if that's what's happening with the two of them, since it would be fresh in her mind. I hadn't really noticed them being all close but now that I look back, it's pretty fishy. How are you all this observant?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Yes, I noted that Sorsha's case (if that's what it should be called) against Dana was horrible, but some more emphasis on that is welcome. Bad cases don't always indicate scumminess but Sorsha's in particular seemed a little too opportunistic.
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 297
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Keterman wrote:Yes, I noted that Sorsha's case (if that's what it should be called) against Dana was horrible, but some more emphasis on that is welcome. Bad cases don't always indicate scumminess but Sorsha's in particular seemed a little too opportunistic.
I didn't want to say this because that's normally how i roll, but sometimes i like to intemidate homies to see how they react. Ain't gonna do that here doe. Ya'll syndicate mofos hood af.
Spoiler: show
Pov: you reading my takes
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Made wrote:
Keterman wrote:Yes, I noted that Sorsha's case (if that's what it should be called) against Dana was horrible, but some more emphasis on that is welcome. Bad cases don't always indicate scumminess but Sorsha's in particular seemed a little too opportunistic.
I didn't want to say this because that's normally how i roll, but sometimes i like to intemidate homies to see how they react. Ain't gonna do that here doe. Ya'll syndicate mofos hood af.
I don't follow.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Keterman wrote:SVS asks if anyone's up to volunteer for the leadership role in her first post. I was the first to volunteer, but SVS immediately voted Sorsha because puppies. It seems strange to me that after a serious establishment from SVS that she was interested in who to vote for, she tosses consideration out the window and votes for the one who's going to give her a free puppy. She knows that there's plenty of time to vote, why toss it for such a random, informal candidate?
Do you think S~V~S is Sorsha's teammate, or do you think she was tossing her vote wherever?
Keterman wrote:I concede that my issues with you, DH, are mainly vibe-based and if I was more familiar with your meta I would be more confident with my rad of you. But because I'm not familiar with your meta, actions rather than words will indeed help promote you to a null read for me, and I'm glad you understand that.
I have been bad with DH and good with DH (though when good he did not have BTSC with me). He's a fucking liar and I hate him for stunts he's pulled or tried to pull against me, but if I had to pick someone to work with, whether a leader, subordinate, or teammate, he wouldn't be low on my list, let me tell you. He has one distinct tell, however.
Keterman wrote:I've also been taking issue with Sorsha's post, but everything that's bugged me about her has already been mentioned extensively enough, mainly that she tried to make it out like if she were scum she could be lynched easily. Also her case against Dana was horrible and it was followed by the beautifully-fence-sitting statement that she trusts SVS but that SVS could be tricking her. That was her most recent post, too.
I have been bad with Sorsha twice. I did not find her particularly vocal in either game.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Keterman wrote:
Made wrote:
I don't follow.
I like to grill people really hard and see how they react. If they act nervous, It's w/e ever because when you're getting grilled, it's normal to be nervous. But having too prepared of an answer is normally a sign something's off.
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Sorsha »

That's a case to you guys? Uh... Ok. I call it more of an observation looking for a response but whatever. You guys are going to see what you want to see.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Sorsha wrote:That's a case to you guys? Uh... Ok. I call it more of an observation looking for a response but whatever. You guys are going to see what you want to see.
"You guys" being who? I only see Keterman calling it a "case" very losely. To me it was a reactionary post, as I said.

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 21
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

I don't know that there was much to make out of SVS and Sorsha, but with it being day 1 there isn't anything else so far, so it's a place to start. Gauging reactions and such. But idk what to think.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Sorsha wrote:That's a case to you guys? Uh... Ok. I call it more of an observation looking for a response but whatever. You guys are going to see what you want to see.
Yo dawg, look: I ain't wanna see you dead. All I wanna do is roll with ya'll, but i can't don't that when you walk up in here and start glockin my homies!
IMO, main reason you're on the choppin block, is cuz you critized the same person S~V~S did, as well as got her vote. While it could mean nothing, you ain't helping yourself by saying the argument has no grounds when it does. Fight back.

Ya boy,
Made
Damn... alonphs

Yo DH, when you say "Reactionary post" what exactly do you mean? I mean Ketterman's post has all the qualifications of a case i'd say. It has an argument, and support there of.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

It's a good jumping off point, possibly nothing more. I'm wary about committing to a suspect so soon, and will go back and look and see if anyone outside those two stick out to me. I welcome anyone else to put forward their thoughts as well.

I understand how dangerous tunnel vision can be, so the more discussion, the better.

@Made - I was talking about Sorsha's post to Dana wherein she (Sorsha) accuses Dana and I of having BTSC. Ketterman said and I quote:
Yes, I noted that Sorsha's case (if that's what it should be called) against Dana was horrible, but some more emphasis on that is welcome. Bad cases don't always indicate scumminess but Sorsha's in particular seemed a little too opportunistic.
Which is what I think Sorsha meant when she said "That's a case?"

When I say reactionary post, what I mean is that since I was going at Sorsha for her tactics in attempting to get a vote, Sorsha followed suit by gunning at me and trying to discredit and accuse Dana and I. It was a reaction, not unlike a boxer's counter punch or a junkyard dog snapping at another dog that has it in a corner.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Mister Rearranger »

All necessary PMs should be sent. If you did not receive one, get at me in case I missed you.
We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.

nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 44
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

DharmaHelper wrote:I didn't see these quotes in Keterman's post and I think they're interesting so here you go:

I had mentioned that I thought SVS's early Day 0 vote (and other early votes) was/were odd (and now especially considering this observation...), but she tacked it up to "having fun" on Day 0. From my little experience, SVS usually takes a bit more time and thought before voting, but she's had different alignments with the same calculated voting style, so don't really know what to make of it alignment-wise besides its being plainly unusual behavior. And wow to Keterman's accusations - definitely something to ponder...I'm eager to see what SVS has to say in response :ponder:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

@Epignosis

Regarding SVS and Sorsha, I'm leaning towards them being teammates because the two have been buddying quite a bit as DH mentioned earlier. Trying to read individuals is taxing enough though so I try not to overstep my boundaries and figure out entire teams until later in the game, so take that with a grain of salt at best. Of the two, SVS is scummier to me at the moment because most of what has been used against Sorsha could be chalked up to things that don't indicate alignment, whereas with SVS I just don't understand how that could possibly be town playing.

Thanks for the meta on DH and Sorsha, although are you not weary at all of DH being deceitful in this game with his "selfless" act, especially considering that he's a good liar (which doesn't surprise me)?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 116

Post by S~V~S »

nijuukyugou wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:I didn't see these quotes in Keterman's post and I think they're interesting so here you go:

I had mentioned that I thought SVS's early Day 0 vote (and other early votes) was/were odd (and now especially considering this observation...), but she tacked it up to "having fun" on Day 0. From my little experience, SVS usually takes a bit more time and thought before voting, but she's had different alignments with the same calculated voting style, so don't really know what to make of it alignment-wise besides its being plainly unusual behavior. And wow to Keterman's accusations - definitely something to ponder...I'm eager to see what SVS has to say in response :ponder:
About last night, sorry i had limited online time, and it went to Fight Club. My apologies.

I explained this a few times, I think. My initial reaction was to do what i always do in these day zero polls, think about them, hear what everyone has to say, etc. Then someone came in and made a bold move. Leaders make bold moves, so I voted for Sorsha for coming in here and trying to take the thread, like a leader might do. Had DH, or anyone else, made that first bold power grab, i would likely have voted for them too. Plus I love me some puppies :fiesta:

I understand the impulse to think that, but I would have been more careful had I been bad. Thats total WiFoM but it also is true.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 116

Post by S~V~S »

Keterman wrote:Okay.

SVS asks if anyone's up to volunteer for the leadership role in her first post. I was the first to volunteer, but SVS immediately voted Sorsha because puppies. It seems strange to me that after a serious establishment from SVS that she was interested in who to vote for, she tosses consideration out the window and votes for the one who's going to give her a free puppy. She knows that there's plenty of time to vote, why toss it for such a random, informal candidate? My vote was fast but it was a self-vote. Some time later SVS makes a morning post, a fragment of which defends her early vote for Sorsha. At first I liked her defense for voting early, that we're not voting to kill someone so it most likely doesn't matter too much, all that. But then...
S~V~S wrote: Puppies aside, the main reason I voted for Sorsha so early is that she acted like a leader. She came in and boldly tried to buy the thread, no waiting and discussing for her. She saw what she wanted, and she made an effort to get it by bribing us to follow her. Whether that effort pans out for her or not is a "time will tell" thing. Initially I wanted to wait and hear from everyone blah blah but I think a bold move is a mark of leadership. Had someone else been the one to come in here with a bold move, they would have gotten my vote. Even good old El Hypocritico :hug:
Now wait a second. Sorsha didn't act like anything when SVS voted for her, she didn't have the time to. All she said was that anyone who voted for her got a free puppy. That's not being a bold leader, that's being playful. SVS actually considers the free puppy post a legitimate "bribe" here, and says as much. And even if is to be considered a serious "bold" bribe somehow, how is that acting like a leader? I really don't like how SVS goes from asking for a volunteer as if it were a serious concern of hers who gets the vote, then immediately voting for someone who made what's essentially a joke post, then goes back to being serious with defending that vote by making the candidate out to be a bold, audacious leader, entirely for the following post:
Sorsha wrote:Everyone who votes for me gets a free puppy!
And now for some hypocrisy. In a later post defending her vote for someone based on a single post, she claims Made to be lynch-worthy just for saying that nutella "knows what's up" citing only three posts. (one of which makes a good point against Sorsha...coincidence?) She tries to make it look like that Made was serious in her tone as opposed to being playful (this is the second time SVS has done this).
S~V~S wrote:
Now, THIS is interesting:
Made wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:I'm strongly considering voting for nutella

Yeah, she seems to know what's up

Really? These are her posts in this game:
nutella wrote:yey game! huh, pick a leader, that's an interesting day 0 poll.
nutella wrote:I would more likely trust DH than SVS I think :p Canuck though, I'd put my money on her.

Those who have voted, is this a changeable vote?
nutella wrote:
Sorsha wrote: I think I am easy enough for most people to read, if I did happen to be bad (which I'm not), you'd all be able to tell in a day or two and could lynch me. I think I'm a good choice.
Really? I thought I'd seen you make it to the end as a sneaky baddie quite a few times...
Which of these make you think she knows whats up more so than anyone else playing so far? If this was a lynch, I think this post would have been worth a Day One vote, and it still might be.
Here's what I find rather amusing. Look at the bold. SVS attacks Made here for saying that nutella "knows what's up". Why not attack DH instead, who said he was strongly considering voting for her? That's a much more extreme indication of a serious endorsement than what Made said, so why go after Made and not DH? Made addressed this fallacy himself, and this is the response that SVS gave:
S~V~S wrote:
I voted for Sorsha, not DH, and it isn't a threat. It's a statement of suspicion; I find your behavior suspicious, and i am saying so~ as far as I am aware I can't lynch anyone by myself.Stating whom I suspect is how I play the game. Your statement was not the same as his. He said we was strongly considering voting for her. You said that she seemed like she knew what was going on. I get what you are saying, but i am not sure that I buy it tbh.
She dodges that she finds DH a good candidate without reason by saying that she didn't vote for him, she voted for someone else. Again, I find this amusing because in this same post SVS uses logic that renders that defense obsolete. A "statement of suspicion" is the same for a lynch vote as a statement of trust is for the Day 0 vote, so it doesn't matter that she didn't actually vote DH, she still excused him for a stronger offense than Made's. She tries to explain this by dividing the two statements of DH and Made: one is a vote statement, the other is "nutella knows stuff".

Okay.

Let's see here.

Why would DH consider nutella a likely vote? Her posts. Which, at the time, were three. Not much to base a vote off of, but hey, it's more than a "bribe" for a free puppy. Now what about Made? I don't know how familiar is with the language that Made has been going for throughout the game...but..."know's what's up" does not imply actual knowledge. At all. It's like, she's cool, she's hip, she's funky. When you take a simple ebonics-influenced phrase like that and stretch it so far you actually imply that it meant that nutella had superior knowledge of the game than everyone else, and you use that absurd leap as a justification for a potential lynch vote? I rest my case.

No, wait, then in her next post SVS dismisses her issues with Made over a simple misunderstanding while proceeding to hail DH, the one who possessed a stronger case against him based on SVS's own logic and had no newbie-related misunderstanding to excuse it. NOW I rest my case.

I've also been taking issue with Sorsha's post, but everything that's bugged me about her has already been mentioned extensively enough, mainly that she tried to make it out like if she were scum she could be lynched easily. Also her case against Dana was horrible and it was followed by the beautifully-fence-sitting statement that she trusts SVS but that SVS could be tricking her. That was her most recent post, too.

I've already stated my issues with DH early on and they're still present. His fittingly Ned Stark-ian "selfless leader" bullshtick seems fabricated to gain trust (especially taking into account that as I mentioned before it's regarding an online Mafia game for a vote that the general consensus seems to think doesn't matter much in the first place, even as far the actual game goes), and the fact that it worked as well as it did certainly doesn't help. Feigning honor and selflessness to gain power, how politican of you, DH.

I'm strongly in favor of a 48 hour day to see which of these three (SVS, Sorsha, DH, or a possible other candidate if someone else gets very suspicious very fast) will get my vote.
Becasue this needs a more indepth reply, I will reply to this again later after work, BUT you have played Mafia before, yes? If Sorsha was my teammate, and we wanted to get her a prize, you think it would be a good baddie strategy for me to come in here all noble like, and say "Lets not make any hasty decisions, lets think about this rationally and take our time, hear from everyone" blah blah blah, and then like an hour later, go "SQUEEEEEE PUPPIES!!! *Votes Sorsha*"? Becasue all it did was get me the :eye: lol. You don't know me, but have you ever seen a baddie employ that kind of a strategy successfully? I tried it once, in a game at Revolution Mafia. Our team voted to win our teammate a prize, and one by one it took us down. I always overthink Day Zero~ so why not try something different?

You don't really know me, but I am a ludicruously careful baddie.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Argh, this game is moving way too fast for me to keep up and it seems like everything happens while I'm in bed! I'm gonna go catch up now and see what I've missed.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Re: Misfits Mafia (Day !)

Post by Bullzeye »

Epignosis wrote:
Made wrote:There seem to be hella special abbilites this game. What worries me the most is the uninvited guest. We have no clue what that nigga's powers are, nor what they're goal is.
He's Seth, and he takes powers from people and gives them to other people.
But this game seems to be based on series one. Seth doesn't show up until much later, he's a plot device at the very end of series two who becomes a full on character in series three. The villains of this game are all series one and none of the later Misfits appear as civs, so my money is more on the 'guest' being an original character of MR's creation. Don't get me wrong, I like your idea and it's a decent theory but I wouldn't assume it's 100% accurate just yet.
Epignosis wrote: 1. Role claiming is technically allowed, but role "outing" generally is not. You may say, "I am the Son of Sam," but you may not say "I role checked Player A and he's the Son of Sam."
Isn't role claiming just outing your own role though?

I have to go catch up in the other game but then I'll come back here to discuss who I'm probably going to end up voting for and why.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 19

Post by Hedgeowl »

Alrighty then this is a chatty game! Honestly, I read the Sorsha SVS Puppygate as the hilarious Day 0 event that it was and nothing more. I would look at Sorsha the most for being so Gungho about wanting to be a leader, but yeah SVS even shared pics of her dog and cat, so obviously this got "personal" I would say and would definitely not be the SVS baddie strategy some of us are used to.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Keterman wrote:Thanks for the meta on DH and Sorsha, although are you not weary at all of DH being deceitful in this game with his "selfless" act, especially considering that he's a good liar (which doesn't surprise me)?
Anyone can be a good liar (especially online). You still have vote for somebody.
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Boogs »

This game is cray cray lol. I am off today trying to catch up and I don't know what to make of everything lol. I'm not sure to continue thinking Sorsha for the Day 0 vote was really her playing dumb or if she was really just confused. And I'm not sure what to make of SVS voting for her, I think it's ballsy that early to vote for a teammate when most of us were self voting. But it looked like DH won? I don't see the poll so I must have missed before it ended. Because if people wanted to bring up that maybe SVS was in cahoots with Sorsha, then wouldn't the same be said for DH voters? If anyone has the poll results that would help us all :)
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Bullzeye wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Made wrote:There seem to be hella special abbilites this game. What worries me the most is the uninvited guest. We have no clue what that nigga's powers are, nor what they're goal is.
But this game seems to be based on series one. Seth doesn't show up until much later, he's a plot device at the very end of series two who becomes a full on character in series three. The villains of this game are all series one and none of the later Misfits appear as civs, so my money is more on the 'guest' being an original character of MR's creation. Don't get me wrong, I like your idea and it's a decent theory but I wouldn't assume it's 100% accurate just yet..
Bullz, I believe I already addressed that here.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Boogs wrote:This game is cray cray lol. I am off today trying to catch up and I don't know what to make of everything lol. I'm not sure to continue thinking Sorsha for the Day 0 vote was really her playing dumb or if she was really just confused. And I'm not sure what to make of SVS voting for her, I think it's ballsy that early to vote for a teammate when most of us were self voting. But it looked like DH won? I don't see the poll so I must have missed before it ended. Because if people wanted to bring up that maybe SVS was in cahoots with Sorsha, then wouldn't the same be said for DH voters? If anyone has the poll results that would help us all :)
I was waiting for this redirection.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Epignosis wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
But this game seems to be based on series one. Seth doesn't show up until much later, he's a plot device at the very end of series two who becomes a full on character in series three. The villains of this game are all series one and none of the later Misfits appear as civs, so my money is more on the 'guest' being an original character of MR's creation. Don't get me wrong, I like your idea and it's a decent theory but I wouldn't assume it's 100% accurate just yet..
Crazy that I missed such an insightful and thought provoking post, right? :p
Boogs wrote:This game is cray cray lol. I am off today trying to catch up and I don't know what to make of everything lol. I'm not sure to continue thinking Sorsha for the Day 0 vote was really her playing dumb or if she was really just confused. And I'm not sure what to make of SVS voting for her, I think it's ballsy that early to vote for a teammate when most of us were self voting. But it looked like DH won? I don't see the poll so I must have missed before it ended. Because if people wanted to bring up that maybe SVS was in cahoots with Sorsha, then wouldn't the same be said for DH voters? If anyone has the poll results that would help us all :)
If you want to really get into it, the same can be said for anybody who voted for anyone.

What do people think in general of Sorsha? I feel like a lot of her posts have seemed really off to me... I mentioned earlier she seemed to be trying too hard to make people trust her or think she's a civ.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Doesn't anyone have anything to say? Living 5-8 hours in the future has its disadvantages sometimes I guess!
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 19

Post by Hedgeowl »

Bullzeye wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Crazy that I missed such an insightful and thought provoking post, right? :p
If you want to really get into it, the same can be said for anybody who voted for anyone.

What do people think in general of Sorsha? I feel like a lot of her posts have seemed really off to me... I mentioned earlier she seemed to be trying too hard to make people trust her or think she's a civ.
Basically, I think it's pretty funny that one of her claims to be voted the leader was that she is so easy to read, which is one of the reason people are "reading" her as a potential baddie. I haven't decided myself how I feel about her since I also am a big fan of puppies. :D
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Hedgeowl wrote: Basically, I think it's pretty funny that one of her claims to be voted the leader was that she is so easy to read, which is one of the reason people are "reading" her as a potential baddie. I haven't decided myself how I feel about her since I also am a big fan of puppies. :D
Evil people can be fans of puppies as well! That is quite funny, but at the same time completely understandable. Some of her posts have come across to me like she's acting as though we should definitely trust her because she's "easy to read so we'd know if she was bad" - the implication being that she obviously isn't bad because if she was we'd know about it. People talking like that tends to make me feel uneasy about them.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Certainly feels like one of those Day 1s where people will just vote near the end without much reason beyond "randomized" or "didn't want to miss the vote."
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I was hoping that a few things would happen:

1. That Sorsha or SVS would offer up a good reason not to lynch them, or at least a spirited, decent defense.

2. That someone would offer a decent, well thought out alternative to either SVS or Sorsha

3. That Someone would openly or covertly defend one of those two and in doing so solidify my suspicions of them

Only one of those three things has happened and even that was not as much as I was expecting.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Epignosis wrote:Certainly feels like one of those Day 1s where people will just vote near the end without much reason beyond "randomized" or "didn't want to miss the vote."
For sure. Hopefully though some people will show up, we've still got a good five or so hours yet. Anything could happen, I'd certainly like to hear from Sorsha regarding my views on her posts.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 54

Post by Canucklehead »

Yowza. Chattiness explosion.

I'm not super inclined to put too much stock into Day 0 actions as far as baddie hunting goes...I'm not sure the baddie teams would really risk drawing attention to themselves in order to get a title that, for all we know, might be a detriment rather than a boon to their gameplan. If I'm going to be trying to find baddies based on Day 0 actions, I'm much more inclined to be looking for people who were shirking the vote/not trying to be named leader/being overly effusive about "thinking it through" and "making the right choice for the town"...
However, I don't really have time to do a Day 0 read right now, so I'll just leave that for someone else to do if they desire. Long story short, I don't think Sorsha's puppy campaign really paints her in a baddie light. :shrug: As for SVS, I'm more on the fence. It didn't stand out to me at the time, and I'm not sure if the case against SVS works if I don't also think Sorsha is bad, so :shrug: I dunno.
Glad to see lots of talking, though.....even if it means I'm going to have a terrible time keeping up!

DH: Is there anything that you can tell us about what your duties as leader are? I'm guessing the host has forbidden it, but just in case.. ;)

Linki linki linki...... :omg:
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Canucklehead wrote:Yowza. Chattiness explosion.

I'm not super inclined to put too much stock into Day 0 actions as far as baddie hunting goes...I'm not sure the baddie teams would really risk drawing attention to themselves in order to get a title that, for all we know, might be a detriment rather than a boon to their gameplan. If I'm going to be trying to find baddies based on Day 0 actions, I'm much more inclined to be looking for people who were shirking the vote/not trying to be named leader/being overly effusive about "thinking it through" and "making the right choice for the town"...
However, I don't really have time to do a Day 0 read right now, so I'll just leave that for someone else to do if they desire. Long story short, I don't think Sorsha's puppy campaign really paints her in a baddie light. :shrug: As for SVS, I'm more on the fence. It didn't stand out to me at the time, and I'm not sure if the case against SVS works if I don't also think Sorsha is bad, so :shrug: I dunno.
Glad to see lots of talking, though.....even if it means I'm going to have a terrible time keeping up!

DH: Is there anything that you can tell us about what your duties as leader are? I'm guessing the host has forbidden it, but just in case.. ;)

Good job puppies don't enter into my suspicions of Sorsha then. Do you really not see her painting herself as an obvious civvie as suspicious in any way? I can sort of see what you're saying about day zero actions but at the same time if you come into day one ignoring day zero then it may as well not have happened.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dana and Made were both suspects of S~V~S, but that suspicion shriveled up because of nutella "guessing" what Made meant. S~V~S concluded that post with what seems to be a sigh of relief:
S~V~S wrote:
nutella wrote:SVS, I'm guessing Made's impression that I know what's going on could be explained by the fact that I introduced him to this site/forum mafia and so he's aware that I'm an experienced player. (Also I'm one of the few players who has watched Misfits, but that's probably not too important but you all should watch it, it's excellent fun)
I missed this I think before i made my last post~ this sounds reasonable. Danas jumping in to defend him got my other brow up, but I can see where you are coming from. I don't love voting for nubs on Day One anyhow.
"I don't love voting for nubs on Day One anyhow."

My impression was that Dana and Made were not "nubs" but had experience playing. Smells funny to me.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Epignosis wrote:Dana and Made were both suspects of S~V~S, but that suspicion shriveled up because of nutella "guessing" what Made meant. S~V~S concluded that post with what seems to be a sigh of relief:
S~V~S wrote:
nutella wrote:SVS, I'm guessing Made's impression that I know what's going on could be explained by the fact that I introduced him to this site/forum mafia and so he's aware that I'm an experienced player. (Also I'm one of the few players who has watched Misfits, but that's probably not too important but you all should watch it, it's excellent fun)
I missed this I think before i made my last post~ this sounds reasonable. Danas jumping in to defend him got my other brow up, but I can see where you are coming from. I don't love voting for nubs on Day One anyhow.
"I don't love voting for nubs on Day One anyhow."

My impression was that Dana and Made were not "nubs" but had experience playing. Smells funny to me.
Hmm... That's interesting. Could she have perhaps meant nubs as in they're new specifically to The Syndicate? Back when we first got our KSite friends I think people were a little nicer to them in their first games here even though they were all experienced players.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Even so, if you're not keen on voting for a new person on Day 1, then why make a case on Day 1 against a new person? See below, especially the underlined:
S~V~S wrote:Now, THIS is interesting:
Made wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:I'm strongly considering voting for nutella
Yeah, she seems to know what's up
Really? These are her posts in this game:
nutella wrote:yey game! huh, pick a leader, that's an interesting day 0 poll.
nutella wrote:I would more likely trust DH than SVS I think :p Canuck though, I'd put my money on her.

Those who have voted, is this a changeable vote?
nutella wrote:
Sorsha wrote: I think I am easy enough for most people to read, if I did happen to be bad (which I'm not), you'd all be able to tell in a day or two and could lynch me. I think I'm a good choice.
Really? I thought I'd seen you make it to the end as a sneaky baddie quite a few times...
Which of these make you think she knows whats up more so than anyone else playing so far? If this was a lynch, I think this post would have been worth a Day One vote, and it still might be.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

I see. That's a good observation, if someone doesn't want to lynch a new player on day one then surely they'd wait until after day one to go fully after them?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 21
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

I'm fairly certain Dana and Made are both familiar with the party game version of mafia but completely new to forum-based mafia. Just to clear that up.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

If I knew anything I'd tell you guys but so far, nothing really noteworthy :shrug:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

nutella wrote:I'm fairly certain Dana and Made are both familiar with the party game version of mafia but completely new to forum-based mafia. Just to clear that up.
Forum-based Mafia is a different beast altogether. Much harder, I'd say. Do they know each other in real life?
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Boogs »

DharmaHelper wrote:

If I knew anything I'd tell you guys but so far, nothing really noteworthy :shrug:

Ah so that confirms you did get to be leader. I thought I missed where MR said the results because I was working. But good to know that part at least. At least I would like to know what the poll looked like?

Bullz and Epignosis: I think you bring up a good point on Made and Dana, our "new" players. I was thinking just a possibility and to throw this out there, is someone guiding them rather than them being new or is Nutella correct to say that they may have played mafia "party" before? It also raises an eyebrow to Nutella that he came to their defense. Just food for thought to me. We still have a few more hours to vote. From what I kind of make out from the roles, it seems as if there are 2 seperate teams of baddies, a team of Civs, a team of indies possibly (the syndicate users) and an Indy player (the uninvited person). I'm interested to see if any of the syndicate team has to act like us or has a connection to any of us for game purposes and advantages. Hmmm.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Just so nobody can say I haven't justified my opinion on Sorsha, here are the particular posts of hers that I find issues with:
Here is her first mention of being 'easy to read' so we could totally tell if she was bad (and she'd be cool with us lynching her? Say 'oh well done guys you got me *votes self*?). The (which I'm not) bit seems unnecessary in my eyes. It's not like she'd admit to being bad if she was so why deny it when before anyone even brings it up?
Sorsha wrote: I'm a townie and easy enough to read after a few day that I think voting for me is a good choice. If anyone has some reason to think someone else is a good choice I'm all ears.
This is the second time in less than 2 hours she claims to be an easily read civvie despite not being under scrutiny. It's like she's just going around repeating it in hopes we'll eventually believe it. Also it's not like anyone in the history of mafia has claimed they should be given something because they're a baddie (actually I could maybe see someone like Vomp doing this) and I've never felt Sorsha was especially easy to read. Am I alone in this? I can't really remember games where she was bad, I may have only ever played with her as a civ.
Sorsha wrote: This seems to be something I remember hearing from people who have come from sites like ksite. That you aren't supposed to say that or it's frowned up or something. Long ago there were roles (in nearly every game) that could lie detect statements. I have no idea if there is one in this game or not but where I come from (mafia game-wise) saying you're a civvie/townie/good guy isn't unusual.
I commented on this part already but am quoting it again anyway. Basically I'm suspicious of her because I feel she's trying way too hard to put across a view of her as this obvious civ who we'd totally be able to tell instantly if she was lying.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Given this, I would say that she is decidedly not easy to read.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Kinda strange of her to claim otherwise then, knowing that people would believe otherwise and be able to back their beliefs up.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 54

Post by Canucklehead »

Bullzeye wrote:

Good job puppies don't enter into my suspicions of Sorsha then. Do you really not see her painting herself as an obvious civvie as suspicious in any way? I can sort of see what you're saying about day zero actions but at the same time if you come into day one ignoring day zero then it may as well not have happened.
I think the post you're responding to actually contains the response to you (rhetorical? can't tell) question. ;) No, I do not find Sorsha's Day 0 actions suspicious.

As for ignoring Day 0, I am defintely inclined to do that, in this game and in most games. :) I'm also often inclined to ignore Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4.....

Hmmmmm.....I actually might not really understand how mafia works... :ponder:

:noble:

Return to “Previous Side Missions”