50%

Total votes: 10
Dana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Misfits Mafia (Day 0)

Post by Dana »

Whoa, this is insane. Sorry for missing the vote, friends. There was a birth in the family! So many pages, what did I get myself into?! I think I need to understand timezones better.

Just to help clear some things up,
Epignosis wrote:
nutella wrote:I'm fairly certain Dana and Made are both familiar with the party game version of mafia but completely new to forum-based mafia. Just to clear that up.
Forum-based Mafia is a different beast altogether. Much harder, I'd say. Do they know each other in real life?
Nutella is correct, neither of us have played forum based mafia before. We've played party version, irc version, and the short online ones on those websites. I think you're right, this does already seem much harder and it's only day 1. Made and I don't know each other in real life yet, but we've been good friends for quite a few years now.
Boogs wrote: It also raises an eyebrow to Nutella that he came to their defense. Just food for thought to me.
I did also mention before that we've known nutella for a while now too.
S~V~S wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I thought I made that clear, I didn't think hr was being silly I thought he had baddie NTSC with nutella to be precise.
Then Dana coming in and sticking up for him, then saying, "Oh he will stop posting funny soon", even though I did not mention that, reminded me of how Eloh thinks I suspect Epi for posting funny~ maybe she told her that was why I suspected Made. It made me more suspicious, but then what Nutella said made sense to me, plus Nutella & Made & Dana & Eloh equals more people than either baddie group. So I dropped it.
I know you dropped this, but I didn't want to leave it unaddressed. I mentioned the thing about him posting like that because I assumed it would be weird or even suspicious to people who didn't know him at all. I was just trying to keep everyone on the same page.

About the voting, a lot of really good points were made. Why did Sorsha give up like that? :( What happens now that there's a tie, do they both get lynched or neither?
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 29

Post by Elohcin »

Yay! A birth! Such a wonderful blessing and beautiful event. :D
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 115

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote:Yay! A birth! Such a wonderful blessing and beautiful event. :D
Really not so beautiful. I've been to three. Caught one of them.

Congrats all the same! :hugs:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

So I need a break, and I am
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Taking one.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 210

Post by DharmaHelper »

Goodness me
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Useless post, DH?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Very well. I'll take this time to expound upon my ideas.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

While we wait for results, I think you guys should play Bioshock.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 10

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:While we wait for results, I think you guys should play Bioshock.
MP finished running that a long time ago. I lost.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 65

Post by a2thezebra »

I was following the thread all night, I go to sleep, and miss the vote. Sorry, I forgot how few hours are in a 24-hour day.
S~V~S wrote:
Becasue this needs a more indepth reply, I will reply to this again later after work, BUT you have played Mafia before, yes? If Sorsha was my teammate, and we wanted to get her a prize, you think it would be a good baddie strategy for me to come in here all noble like, and say "Lets not make any hasty decisions, lets think about this rationally and take our time, hear from everyone" blah blah blah, and then like an hour later, go "SQUEEEEEE PUPPIES!!! *Votes Sorsha*"? Becasue all it did was get me the :eye: lol. You don't know me, but have you ever seen a baddie employ that kind of a strategy successfully? I tried it once, in a game at Revolution Mafia. Our team voted to win our teammate a prize, and one by one it took us down. I always overthink Day Zero~ so why not try something different?

You don't really know me, but I am a ludicruously careful baddie.
That's some nasty WIFOM for an initial defense. "You don't really know me"? Come on. And then it looks like that more in-depth reply never came. If I hadn't have missed the vote, it would have gone to you. I don't think Sorsha would have self-voted if she were scum.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

thellama73 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:While we wait for results, I think you guys should play Bioshock.
MP finished running that a long time ago. I lost.
X-Rated performances can be seen at Eve's Garden in that game, which is a video game and one of the greatest ever.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Keterman wrote:That's some nasty WIFOM for an initial defense. "You don't really know me"? Come on. And then it looks like that more in-depth reply never came. If I hadn't have missed the vote, it would have gone to you. I don't think Sorsha would have self-voted if she were scum.
Yet you missed the vote and could have sealed the deal. What the fuck?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 116

Post by S~V~S »

Keterman wrote:I was following the thread all night, I go to sleep, and miss the vote. Sorry, I forgot how few hours are in a 24-hour day.
S~V~S wrote:
Becasue this needs a more indepth reply, I will reply to this again later after work, BUT you have played Mafia before, yes? If Sorsha was my teammate, and we wanted to get her a prize, you think it would be a good baddie strategy for me to come in here all noble like, and say "Lets not make any hasty decisions, lets think about this rationally and take our time, hear from everyone" blah blah blah, and then like an hour later, go "SQUEEEEEE PUPPIES!!! *Votes Sorsha*"? Becasue all it did was get me the :eye: lol. You don't know me, but have you ever seen a baddie employ that kind of a strategy successfully? I tried it once, in a game at Revolution Mafia. Our team voted to win our teammate a prize, and one by one it took us down. I always overthink Day Zero~ so why not try something different?

That's some nasty WIFOM for an initial defense. "You don't really know me"? Come on. And then it looks like that more in-depth reply never came. If I hadn't have missed the vote, it would have gone to you. I don't think Sorsha would have self-voted if she were scum.
If I live I will give you your reply, although i did apparently answer the questions you raised to Bloopers satisfaction. Plus you did not vote, so I owe you less.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Epignosis wrote:
Keterman wrote:That's some nasty WIFOM for an initial defense. "You don't really know me"? Come on. And then it looks like that more in-depth reply never came. If I hadn't have missed the vote, it would have gone to you. I don't think Sorsha would have self-voted if she were scum.
I ALREADY SAID SORRY GET OFF MY CASE BOI
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

S~V~S wrote:
Keterman wrote:I was following the thread all night, I go to sleep, and miss the vote. Sorry, I forgot how few hours are in a 24-hour day.
S~V~S wrote:

If I live I will give you your reply, although i did apparently answer the questions you raised to Bloopers satisfaction. Plus you did not vote, so I owe you less.
Owe me? You don't owe me anything, you owe town a defense.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Keterman wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Zebra shit. Where?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 116

Post by S~V~S »

Keterman wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

I gave them one while you were busy not voting. If i live, I will do the indepth I promised; if not, you will.

Night :)
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

And I hope we'll have a post coming up.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

But if we don't, that's cool.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Epignosis wrote:
Keterman wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Zebra shit. Where?
Zebra shit?
S~V~S wrote:
Keterman wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

I gave them one while you were busy not voting. If i live, I will do the indepth I promised; if not, you will.

Night :)
That wasn't a defense. And what do you mean I will? I get to do your in-depth defense? That will be easy considering there is none, I'll just throw out a blank post.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Throw out a blank post? Son, you should start by voting on time.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 297
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Misfits Mafia (Day 1)

Post by Made »

nutella wrote:The only thing Sorsha's self-vote tells me is that she's not really invested in this game and is too busy to care. Doesn't make me think strongly one way or the other about her alignment. SVS is acting a lot more subtly evasive though, and though she can be tough to read I have a funny feeling about her -- also, if she flips bad I would be more inclined to look at Sorsha as a possible teammate of hers. *Votes SVS* before I forget.
I most of this yo, i agree with. I wouldn't call SVS's evasiveness subtly doe. At least in the sole confrontation I had with SVS when I brought up her earlier trust in DH, see Keterman's first long post.
DH wrote:At least the game isn't boring.

You guys who missed the vote and aren't participating are missing out this is a pretty good game so far
Travel day, ain't get in till late, my bad yo :(

[quote="S~V~S] I gave them one while you were busy not voting. If i live, I will do the in depth I promised; if not, you will.

Night :)[/quote]
if you live, you got SOOOOO lucky dawg, like shit. Two missed all but guaranteed votes from me and my dude Keterman.
Pov: you reading my takes
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Vote-miss represent.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Come on, MR!
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Don't make us wait much longer!
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Mister Rearranger »

Lynch 1: A Dame to Kill For

As the new recruits at the Community Centre bickered and accused each other, a few felt a woman named SVS was guilty of intruding on the planned community service gatherings. DharmaHelper, who took the respect of his peers to heart, thought Sorsha was the imposter.

It wouldn't be easy to figure this out. The gang were all given name tags, but most of them simply chose to scribble nicknames that had no relation to their real identities.

Sorsha was frustrated, both by her unfortunate new powers and the suspicions being cast on her. "Just sod off!", she snorted. "I don't need this!". Sorsha walked all the way over to her probation officer's office and erm...persuaded* him to "forget" her conviction for drunk driving ever happened.

(*No, you perverts, she gave him a puppy! What did you think I meant by "persuaded"?
:shrug: )

Then, she tried to shake his hand and did wind up shagging him though... >.>

Tony was upset one of his charges got off the hook so easily. He stormed off and nobody could find him.

Lamenting over her unique condition and cursing the storm, Sorsha hoped that a new dog would cheer her up. She tried to steal a rottweiler and got mauled.

Sorsha has been lynched. She was Alisha.

It is now Night 1. Get yer PMs in within 24 hours!
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Oops

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Everything should be reevaluated. Except what I think.
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Boogs »

Um so question MR, does her role mean that everyone who voted for her can't vote tomorrow and are silenced? Or am I not understanding? And RIP Sorsha! Felt like you honestly were a frustrated Civ and tried to help save you.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

SVS I understand you defended and Sorsha didn't as well, however I had a gut feeling she was frustrated and not bad so I had to vote you in order to help her. Putting up a good defense doesn't mean someone is Civ however. So I tried to help her and it turned out she was Civ after all. Not sure what you are yet, but I look forward to hearing more from you now that you are still alive.

And Dana thank you for clearing up that you and Made knew Nutella pre- Misfits Mafia. I took it kind of as her defending a teammate and now I understand better.

With the new info that we see Sorsha was Civ, what do you guys think should our votes go for tomorrow?
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

Boogs wrote:Um so question MR, does her role mean that everyone who voted for her can't vote tomorrow and are silenced? Or am I not understanding? And RIP Sorsha! Felt like you honestly were a frustrated Civ and tried to help save you.
Nope, that was just for night-targeting, sadly. :(
We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.

Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

:coffee3: since I didn't vote for SVS today can I vote her ass of the island tomorrow? or is that double targeting because i expressed intent to get at the mofo?

wait.....oh shit.....it would be a very hard day 2 to kill her considering how many vote where against her today and no double targeting...

negro betta have a good have a damn good response for day 2...sheeeeiiiitt.... :rip:
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Made wrote::coffee3: since I didn't vote for SVS today can I vote her ass of the island tomorrow? or is that double targeting because i expressed intent to get at the mofo?

wait.....oh shit.....it would be a very hard day 2 to kill her considering how many vote where against her today and no double targeting...

negro betta have a good have a damn good response for day 2...sheeeeiiiitt.... :rip:
Made, double targeting means you can't do your night action to the same exact player 2 consecutive nights. You may vote the same exact person every day if you wish. SVS is not immune to tomorrow unless a night power does otherwise.
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

Made: "Double-Targeting" usually applies to night actions only. People vote for the same person twice in a row quite often here. Hell, there are some players who I'm not sure have ever voted for someone other than themselves. :p
We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.

Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Made- BTW you have played mafia outside of online before just so I understood , right? Just trying to get a feel for your background.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 84
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Too bad! I wish she had actually cared enough to respond instead of self voting. it prob would have made a difference. I do like the way Boogs is playiing like he put up some huge defense for Sorsha. Interesting take.
;)
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Roxy wrote:Too bad! I wish she had actually cared enough to respond instead of self voting. it prob would have made a difference. I do like the way Boogs is playiing like he put up some huge defense for Sorsha. Interesting take.
Best post so far this game

ImageImage
ImageImage
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Roxy wrote:Too bad! I wish she had actually cared enough to respond instead of self voting. it prob would have made a difference. I do like the way Boogs is playiing like he put up some huge defense for Sorsha. Interesting take.
Didn't put a huge defense for her, saying I voted because of what I said and believed her when you guys questioned why I gave SVS my lynch vote. I gave a valid reason unlike some people who voted today.

You seem rather fixated on my posts this game Roxy. :ponder: this is about the 3rd time you keep saying "Boogs....." When I have really talked to you besides responding to something you said to me. Seems like you're the one trying to divert attention to me, yourself dear.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

EBWOP *Haven't
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 21
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Well shit, RIP Sorsha.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Boogs wrote:Made- BTW you have played mafia outside of online before just so I understood, right? Just trying to get a feel for your background.
Ye, I'd say i'm pretty ight at irl/epicmafia party style. But it sucks yo, it's much harder to take control of the game/popular opinion in forum mafia. Like i feel like i'm just going with the group. I ain't got the sway i'm use to.

Need I say more, or have I not said enough for someone to later turn this into an argument against me. (tangent, I swear nutella if you fuck up, i'm fucked because of how much we've agreed, so don't do that yo.)
ya boy
Made
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Made wrote:
Boogs wrote:Made- BTW you have played mafia outside of online before just so I understood, right? Just trying to get a feel for your background.
Ye, I'd say i'm pretty ight at irl/epicmafia party style. But it sucks yo, it's much harder to take control of the game/popular opinion in forum mafia. Like i feel like i'm just going with the group. I ain't got the sway i'm use to.

Need I say more, or have I not said enough for someone to later turn this into an argument against me. (tangent, I swear nutella if you fuck up, i'm fucked because of how much we've agreed, so don't do that yo.)
ya boy
Made

Nope that's fine. Just wanted to know so I can try to read you better not having played with you before. Thanks :)
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

<3 Boogs
:offtobed:
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Now I'm especially pissed that I forgot to vote and especially pissed that she self-voted. A good defense wouldn't have been difficult for her, she could've saved herself pretty easily. I'm ready to see that "in-depth" defense SVS promised, some serious scumhunting from DH, and this Boogs and Roxy thing go somewhere where I can get a confident read on both of them.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 19

Post by Hedgeowl »

Hell's Bells, that sucks. RIP Sorsha.

I am actually a bit surprised that people are still talking so strongly for SVS. If anything this vote makes me think she is more likely civ. the way the votes went down it doesn't look like anyone bothered to come to either of their defense. Sorsha had 5 votes to svs's 3 before Epi and I voted 4th and 5th to tie it. Since Sorsha flipped civ we obviously weren't protecting her and if Sorsha had teamies she probably wouldn't have voted herself. SVS voted Sorsha.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Keterman wrote:Now I'm especially pissed that I forgot to vote and especially pissed that she self-voted. A good defense wouldn't have been difficult for her, she could've saved herself pretty easily. I'm ready to see that "in-depth" defense SVS promised, some serious scumhunting from DH, and this Boogs and Roxy thing go somewhere where I can get a confident read on both of them.
I'm looking forward to some serious scumhunting from everybody.

ImageImage
ImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 44
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Damn! RIP Sorsha :(
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 54

Post by Canucklehead »

Guuuuuuyyyyyyssss! :( I'm the absolute worst.

Sorry I missed the vote, super stressful work day for me made me completely forget that this vote was tonight.

Sad to see Sorsha (and her role) go. Rats.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 54

Post by Canucklehead »

For what it's worth, I probably would've randomized :shrug: in a coward like that when it comes to close votes.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”