Aw Jeez (Host/Dead/Non)
82%

Total votes: 22
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 399

Re: Fargo Mafia [NIGHT 1]

Post by MacDougall »

I can read Sloonei fine. I've never seen town lose a game because I misread him scum and I can count half a dozen where I helped kill him as mafia. I don't have to townread him. Townreading him is dumb and pointless.
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 721
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

Oddmerta wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:42 am I'm going to claim paranoid gun owner and I will shoot anyone that visits me. Townies believe it, scum you can gamble on it
I read this and I accept this as a townish claim for now.
Spoiler: show

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 557
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Michelle wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:55 am
Oddmerta wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:42 am I'm going to claim paranoid gun owner and I will shoot anyone that visits me. Townies believe it, scum you can gamble on it
Why? You weren't impressed by the Alison-Oddmerta thing, but adding this dubious claim now makes you townread him?
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:51 am
Why? You weren't impressed by the Alison-Oddmerta thing, but adding this dubious claim now makes you townread him?
Townish means just a lean, i would like to not receive speculations for my posts, tyvm

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Michelle wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:56 am
Townish means just a lean, i would like to not receive speculations for my posts, tyvm
You avoided answering why. Why the townlean for this?
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 326

Post by falcon45ca »

Oddmerta wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:05 pm Marmots fake claim makes my claim look like dogshit now, won't say my ability but my flavour is Trooper Milch.

A random ass side character that had no impact on the story at all
Why did you claim here? There were 0 votes on you.

NF had already occurred, you were under no pressure at all...Mac had you as a possible Marmot teammate, along with Al, but he quickly broke up a w/w team of you & Al.

Why not claim when you were leading in votes the night before? Why did you claim at all with 0 pressure and 0 votes?
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 330

Post by Oddmerta »

falcon45ca wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:15 am
Oddmerta wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:05 pm Marmots fake claim makes my claim look like dogshit now, won't say my ability but my flavour is Trooper Milch.

NF had already occurred, you were under no pressure at all...Mac had you as a possible Marmot teammate, along with Al, but he quickly broke up a w/w team of you & Al.

Why not claim when you were leading in votes the night before? Why did you claim at all with 0 pressure and 0 votes?
So people will trust me
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:06 am
Michelle wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:56 am
You avoided answering why. Why the townlean for this?
Except the fact he is avoiding a cop visit he's outing the info that a villager can die visiting him, which is pro town rather than wolfy.
I think if during the game we find him suspicious based on behaviour reasons we can change the read, but for now it's enough to accept he can be town like 70%

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Btw why should i be impressed by the Alison-Odd thing?

BoKnows
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 1034
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by BoKnows »

What's going on???
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

Oddmerta wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:30 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:54 pm I'm really interested in this Oddmerta angle because if I'm right it's very likely that other wolves were also pushing him. Does anyone remember what the Oddmerta wagon looked like?
Ted started the wagon with bs reasons, there were plenty of real reasons to sus me at the time but he made stuff up

Esooa immediately sheeped for something to do

Long Con got on the wagon because I was sussing him, omgus

BoKnows hopped on last because I don't know, I was commenting about how two of my scumreads were on his wagon, (LC and Jpic), and he switched over to vote me besides the person who was previously voting him
You scum read and town read people with no explanation and when asked you never presented your reasoning.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Michelle wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:32 am Btw why should i be impressed by the Alison-Odd thing?
I thought that one player making a roleclaim in her first post, and then using that to very coincidentally clear another player that she was already trying to strongly shield might make an impression on you.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

BoKnows wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:35 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:54 pm I'm really interested in this Oddmerta angle because if I'm right it's very likely that other wolves were also pushing him. Does anyone remember what the Oddmerta wagon looked like?
Ted started the wagon with bs reasons, there were plenty of real reasons to sus me at the time but he made stuff up

BoKnows hopped on last because I don't know, I was commenting about how two of my scumreads were on his wagon, (LC and Jpic), and he switched over to vote me besides the person who was previously voting him
You scum read and town read people with no explanation and when asked you never presented your reasoning.
He presented his reasoning for me. He didn't like my opening post, and he was suspicious that I was voting alongside another suspect of his.
falcon45ca

Re: Fargo Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by falcon45ca »

fingersplints wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:01 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:57 pm I am 0% opposed to an AL_sama chop.

The most significant thing for me there is my old policy of letting first-timers have more than one day, but I think I have moved on from that. As long as we show our newcomers respect and a welcoming environment, we ought to play the game with winning interests. Chop the suspects.
I used to be of the same mind. Give newcomers time, but if they do something suspicious they re fair game.
I think we are in good position for this lynch
fingersplints wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:11 pm I still think tsp is most suspicious, but I think Marmot doesn’t look great, and I’m ok with that lynch as well. A lot of my suspicion of tsp stems from their talk of Marmot such as suspecting jay for voting their before calling their read on Marmot null and finally moving their vote their abruptly.
The only time finger even says Marmot's name is in her big player reads list post, she has him (and a lot of others) in the null/mixed feelings/bad list...which is another thing, but whatever.

Never mentioned him before, never talked about anyone else (tsp included) talking about Marmot, nothing...even tho she thinks we're in a good lynch position, implying she does think he's scummy. But if so, why never talk about it before?

Votes TSP, but a big part of this sus is that TSP moved their vote off Marmot...which means she should have to think Marmot is at least as scummy if not more so than TSP. Again, never once quoted or engaged or really mentioned at all Marmot before, not until 1 hr to lynch time when Marmot is a clear fav to be eliminated.

Most of the rest of her ISO looks soft and not very game solvey, she's got kids so I get that a bit...anyone else care to take a look at her ISO, tell me what they think?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:40 am
BoKnows wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:35 am

He presented his reasoning for me. He didn't like my opening post, and he was suspicious that I was voting alongside another suspect of his.
Go look at his ISO there isn't much there besides "bone feelings" and a snap vote on JPIC with no explanation.
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

falcon45ca wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:42 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:57 pm I am 0% opposed to an AL_sama chop.

The most significant thing for me there is my old policy of letting first-timers have more than one day, but I think I have moved on from that. As long as we show our newcomers respect and a welcoming environment, we ought to play the game with winning interests. Chop the suspects.
I used to be of the same mind. Give newcomers time, but if they do something suspicious they re fair game.
fingersplints wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:11 pm I still think tsp is most suspicious, but I think Marmot doesn’t look great, and I’m ok with that lynch as well. A lot of my suspicion of tsp stems from their talk of Marmot such as suspecting jay for voting their before calling their read on Marmot null and finally moving their vote their abruptly.
The only time finger even says Marmot's name is in her big player reads list post, she has him (and a lot of others) in the null/mixed feelings/bad list...which is another thing, but whatever.

Never mentioned him before, never talked about anyone else (tsp included) talking about Marmot, nothing...even tho she thinks we're in a good lynch position, implying she does think he's scummy. But if so, why never talk about it before?

Votes TSP, but a big part of this sus is that TSP moved their vote off Marmot...which means she should have to think Marmot is at least as scummy if not more so than TSP. Again, never once quoted or engaged or really mentioned at all Marmot before, not until 1 hr to lynch time when Marmot is a clear fav to be eliminated.

Most of the rest of her ISO looks soft and not very game solvey, she's got kids so I get that a bit...anyone else care to take a look at her ISO, tell me what they think?
Don't you think that the lack of interaction/mentioning of Marmot can be linked to them being teammates?
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:36 am
Michelle wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:32 am Btw why should i be impressed by the Alison-Odd thing?
I thought that one player making a roleclaim in her first post, and then using that to very coincidentally clear another player that she was already trying to strongly shield might make an impression on you.
Sorry to dissapoint you :shrug:

BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

Michelle wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:45 am
Hey Michelle what are your reads so far?
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

Even after reading JJJ's little piece on Marmot and KZA and I can't shake that feeling
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

Good news got a presentation for school then I'm done 3/5 classes. :)
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

So, to you, all that is completely unimportant when judging Alison or Odd's alignment?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

BoKnows wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:44 am

Don't you think that the lack of interaction/mentioning of Marmot can be linked to them being teammates?
I think that could be.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

BoKnows wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:46 am
Hey Michelle what are your reads so far?
I think something is strange and I didn't figure out yet, i will Iso Marmot myself and see what can I find.

I kind of like LC as villager, Al doesn't look wolfy from my PoV (thinking that I was right that Marmot wagon diminished while Al's grew, he is a counter wagon. This doesn't make him a villager, but I guess he is not aligned with Marmot.
I like your vibe, and I need to read more for more reads

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:54 am
So, to you, all that is completely unimportant when judging Alison or Odd's alignment?
I honestly don't care at all about that claim, because is from Alison
You are free to buy it, but I am looking at it with prudence

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Bbl i am busy irl

Alison
Posts in topic: 678
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Good morning. LC is scum but I haven't determined which team he's on.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Oddmerta wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:28 am
falcon45ca wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:15 am

So people will trust me
Do you feel your claim w/o Alison's PR check on you would inspire any trust from town?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Alison wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:02 am Good morning. LC is scum but I haven't determined which team he's on.
Cool OMGUS, but untrue.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Michelle wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:00 am
Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:54 am
I honestly don't care at all about that claim, because is from Alison
You are free to buy it, but I am looking at it with prudence
I wasn't talking about buying it or not. I'm just confused by you willfully ignoring it when judging Alison's alignment.
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 1748
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

i agree that alison coincidentally having a real N0 on odd, the person she was already shielding and repping a fake N0 on, is bizzare. odd randomly claiming his flavor unprompted is also bizarre

i am choosing to ignore the bizarreness of these things because i’m hoping they will self-resolve, but they have not gone unnoticed
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Looking at Marmot's ISO, I can see nanook as a teammate
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Hally wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:11 am i agree that alison coincidentally having a real N0 on odd, the person she was already shielding and repping a fake N0 on, is bizzare. odd randomly claiming his flavor unprompted is also bizarre

i am choosing to ignore the bizarreness of these things because i’m hoping they will self-resolve, but they have not gone unnoticed
Thank you
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Hally wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:11 am i agree that alison coincidentally having a real N0 on odd, the person she was already shielding and repping a fake N0 on, is bizzare. odd randomly claiming his flavor unprompted is also bizarre

Thank you. I thought that should at least be allowed to be recognized without threat of getting vigged.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

falcon45ca wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:11 am

Thank you
LOL
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i think it’s unlikely w!alison works herself into a position where she’s almost surely going to be nk’d though. alison is extremely conscious of her thread position when she wolfs and i can’t really see how she would think making a claim that ensures she’ll either die or effectively be outed of she doesn’t is optimal. if she’s a wolf she knew the game was multiball. that means both teams likely have kill power. why risk drawing kp from the opposite team by making this claim? it seems unlikely
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 482
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:38 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:32 am I would say two names look bad here and the rest look good.
You know my next question. :biggrin:
it's kza and bo
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 220

Re: Fargo Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by fingersplints »

Hello all, I’m home now but still rather busy. Going to be trying to casually respond to things and catch up, but if there is anything you would directly like me to answer @ me so I can get to it more quickly.

The only time finger even says Marmot's name is in hero big player reads list post, she has him (and a lot of others) in the null/mixed feelings/bad list...which is another thing, but whatever.

While I do have limited Marmot mentions, it is simply not true that I only mentioned him that one time, especially in relation to tsp. I’ve included some posts in spoiler tags below where I talk about Marmot in relation to tsp.
fingersplints wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:08 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:31 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:28 pm Tsp - gut read but the exchange with him and odd was peculiar a couple of pages which I didn’t really understand. His read on you which fingersplints brought up implied he had a bigger read on marmot than just null
This is worth exploring. @TonyStarkPrime please tell me about Marmot.
If you read TSP posts they are a bit all over the place in their feeling on Marmot. Suspecting you for your vote on Marmot, next calling their read on Marmot null, before voting for Marmot themselves.
fingersplints wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:12 am
Justplayingitcool wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:58 am
fingersplints wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:31 am
Justplayingitcool wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:21 am
fingersplints wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:15 am Up to page 24 now, I don’t agree with the suspicion of Jay (from TonyStarkPrime) and Alison (from staypositivefriend).
Both seem pretty townie to me right now.
TonyStarkPrime’s seems more flimsy out of the two, but I still have more to go. We’ll see
What was flimsy about it?
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:56 pm A few things have thrown me off from the beginning but his current vote for Marmot is something that inclines me to think that way as well. I also just don't think his iso is carrying the proper tone and I'm wondering if his read on sloonei was developed improperly. He also also seems hesistant to say things that I wouldn't usually think he'd be hesitant to say. I did like the post he made where he talked about sloonei/jay mutual TRs and how seriously they're taken or something though idk

this is probably just the usual day 1 jay tinfoil but that's where I'm at
The talk of jay’s tone and being hesitant both of which I’m not really seeing. Not really sure I understand the Sloonei comparison as a negative. They’ve always played kind of similar to me so it’s not really something I find suspicious.
I’m also not really sure I understand the Marmot vote comment. It reads to me that it’s making him also suspect marmot while simultaneously suspecting jay.
I didn't really get that from TSP's post in regards to sussing marmot from the voting comment with marmot/JJJ, it read like he suspects JJJ for voting Marmot. It's worth noting though that TSP elaborated later that he didn't have a read on Marmot.
That makes more sense. I was confused why they would want to follow someone they suspected. I still don’t really like the vague suspicion of Jay, and I’ll need to see more about his later comments about Marmot that you mentioned, because I’m still not sure why if you don’t have a read on someone a vote against them would be a factor. But I’ll see how it’s explained as the thread progresses
You said
which means she should have to think Marmot is at least as scummy if not more so than TSP.
. I don’t see why that would make Marmot MORE scummy than tsp. To me the logical procession would be to lynch tsp first, and then if/when they come back bad, Marmot might be teammate. Tsp was suspicious to me not just for the Marmot interaction but how they were trying to paint jjj as bad (who I think it townie) for that suspicion then later completely changed their tactic and voted Marmot for no reason.
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Re: Fargo Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by fingersplints »

Hello all, I’m home now but still rather busy. Going to be trying to casually respond to things and catch up, but if there is anything you would directly like me to answer @ me so I can get to it more quickly.

The only time finger even says Marmot's name is in hero big player reads list post, she has him (and a lot of others) in the null/mixed feelings/bad list...which is another thing, but whatever.

While I do have limited Marmot mentions, it is simply not true that I only mentioned him that one time, especially in relation to tsp. I’ve included some posts in spoiler tags below where I talk about Marmot in relation to tsp.
fingersplints wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:08 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:31 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:28 pm Tsp - gut read but the exchange with him and odd was peculiar a couple of pages which I didn’t really understand. His read on you which fingersplints brought up implied he had a bigger read on marmot than just null
This is worth exploring. @TonyStarkPrime please tell me about Marmot.
If you read TSP posts they are a bit all over the place in their feeling on Marmot. Suspecting you for your vote on Marmot, next calling their read on Marmot null, before voting for Marmot themselves.
fingersplints wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:12 am
Justplayingitcool wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:58 am
fingersplints wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:31 am
Justplayingitcool wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:21 am
fingersplints wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:15 am Up to page 24 now, I don’t agree with the suspicion of Jay (from TonyStarkPrime) and Alison (from staypositivefriend).
Both seem pretty townie to me right now.
TonyStarkPrime’s seems more flimsy out of the two, but I still have more to go. We’ll see
What was flimsy about it?
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:56 pm A few things have thrown me off from the beginning but his current vote for Marmot is something that inclines me to think that way as well. I also just don't think his iso is carrying the proper tone and I'm wondering if his read on sloonei was developed improperly. He also also seems hesistant to say things that I wouldn't usually think he'd be hesitant to say. I did like the post he made where he talked about sloonei/jay mutual TRs and how seriously they're taken or something though idk

this is probably just the usual day 1 jay tinfoil but that's where I'm at
The talk of jay’s tone and being hesitant both of which I’m not really seeing. Not really sure I understand the Sloonei comparison as a negative. They’ve always played kind of similar to me so it’s not really something I find suspicious.
I’m also not really sure I understand the Marmot vote comment. It reads to me that it’s making him also suspect marmot while simultaneously suspecting jay.
I didn't really get that from TSP's post in regards to sussing marmot from the voting comment with marmot/JJJ, it read like he suspects JJJ for voting Marmot. It's worth noting though that TSP elaborated later that he didn't have a read on Marmot.
That makes more sense. I was confused why they would want to follow someone they suspected. I still don’t really like the vague suspicion of Jay, and I’ll need to see more about his later comments about Marmot that you mentioned, because I’m still not sure why if you don’t have a read on someone a vote against them would be a factor. But I’ll see how it’s explained as the thread progresses
You said
which means she should have to think Marmot is at least as scummy if not more so than TSP.
. I don’t see why that would make Marmot MORE scummy than tsp. To me the logical procession would be to lynch tsp first, and then if/when they come back bad, Marmot might be teammate. Tsp was suspicious to me not just for the Marmot interaction but how they were trying to paint jjj as bad (who I think it townie) for that suspicion then later completely changed their tactic and voted Marmot for no reason.
Gro-oo-ovy
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Hally wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:18 am i think it’s unlikely w!alison works herself into a position where she’s almost surely going to be nk’d though. alison is extremely conscious of her thread position when she wolfs and i can’t really see how she would think making a claim that ensures she’ll either die or effectively be outed of she doesn’t is optimal. if she’s a wolf she knew the game was multiball. that means both teams likely have kill power. why risk drawing kp from the opposite team by making this claim? it seems unlikely
Well the joke's already been made that Alison has drawn a NK if she's town, so that's neither here nor there.

She'll get solved, so I'm past it for now.

Take a look at fingersplints ISO and tell me what you think
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

falcon45ca wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:30 am
Hally wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:18 am i think it’s unlikely w!alison works herself into a position where she’s almost surely going to be nk’d though. alison is extremely conscious of her thread position when she wolfs and i can’t really see how she would think making a claim that ensures she’ll either die or effectively be outed of she doesn’t is optimal. if she’s a wolf she knew the game was multiball. that means both teams likely have kill power. why risk drawing kp from the opposite team by making this claim? it seems unlikely
Well the joke's already been made that Alison has drawn a NK if she's town, so that's neither here nor there.

i don’t really think much of it. splints is poe for me but i wouldn’t really be surprised to see her flip village. shrug
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 387

Post by Justplayingitcool »

tutuu wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:16 am
Justplayingitcool wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:15 am
tutuu wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:02 am marmot is scummy as town and scummy as maf
Wrong. Marmot was very scummy in GoC and townie in Simple Arsonist/MtG
ok fine marmot maf
I want to snapread this post alone as tutuu/Hally is not aligned with marmot
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Hally wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:37 am

i don’t really think much of it. splints is poe for me but i wouldn’t really be surprised to see her flip village. shrug
I don’t mind being in anyone’s PoE for now until I have more chance to prove myself. I’m getting quite paranoid at how many people are being town cleared. It just seems like there aren’t enough people left for how many potential mafia spots there are. We should all be considering all options. There are a lot of good players in this game that can easily fool us. I’m not saying I’m ready to completely abandon any good feelings I have, but just that I’m open to exploring all possibilities.
Gro-oo-ovy
Alison

Post by Alison »

I could easily have not claimed that my N0 was fake and say that I knew Odd was town all along.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Correct, if I am wolf making some insane gambit I'll just get blasted by the other wolf team.

Which is why the fact that LC is spending all his time stirring up tinfoil about me rather than digging into Marmot interactions or just trying to solve reflects extremely poorly about him. All the townies in the thread were excited by the flip and subsequent revelations, and immediately set to work solving. ted had to be prompted by Jay to solve and that doesn't look good for him. Same thing goes for LC. Falcon at least has the excuse that he's been tunnelling me since page 2 and is presumably confbiased up the ass. LC's been neutral or positive to me, and now he's suddenly trying to make my clear of Oddmerta a big deal, plus bitching that he's being threatened with a vig shot for bringing sanity to the thread. Not a good look.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:37 am
tutuu wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:16 am
Justplayingitcool wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:15 am
tutuu wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:02 am marmot is scummy as town and scummy as maf
Wrong. Marmot was very scummy in GoC and townie in Simple Arsonist/MtG
ok fine marmot maf
I want to snapread this post alone as tutuu/Hally is not aligned with marmot
There's a lot of content that disaligns the two of them.
Alison

Post by Alison »

fingersplints wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:44 am
Hally wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:37 am

I don’t mind being in anyone’s PoE for now until I have more chance to prove myself. I’m getting quite paranoid at how many people are being town cleared. It just seems like there aren’t enough people left for how many potential mafia spots there are. We should all be considering all options. There are a lot of good players in this game that can easily fool us. I’m not saying I’m ready to completely abandon any good feelings I have, but just that I’m open to exploring all possibilities.
POEs aren't static and change as the game goes on and the bar to be a confirmed town becomes higher and higher. The way you are approaching this game is disorderly. You do not begin by trying to uncover the deepwolf or throwing mistrust across the town. It is never the case that we will try to hero shot out the deepwolf before resolving slots like ted or TSP. Rather, you begin by methodically resolving every slot in the POE. Some will flip scum, others will no doubt flip town. Using that information from the POE flips, you are then able to begin extracting the deepwolf from the towncore by repeatedly raising the bar to be townie over and over. Currently we are in the mode of solving where we issue townreads freely and easily. For example I am giving the Canucks players a two or three day pass to produce results. Once the easy exes dwindle, we use the information gleaned from those exes to analyze the remaining players. Deepwolves are not solved with blind guessing, but rather more information.

tl;dr - townclear freely for now, change your mind if/when the POE runs dry.
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

Alison wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:02 am Good morning. LC is scum but I haven't determined which team he's on.
this is some hot tea to start the day off with. please spill it
Alison

Post by Alison »

Alison wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:05 am

I could easily have not claimed that my N0 was fake and say that I knew Odd was town all along.
Also to clarify, Odd did not claim his flavor unprompted. Odd's flavor was related to Marmot's flavor - they were both police officers. Therefore Odd predicted that in the future if he claimed his flavor he would garner mistrust due to his flavor being seemingly aligned with Marmot's. He decided that being upfront and honest about his flavor and claiming it in advance would be the best course of action so there are no surprises.
Alison

Post by Alison »

LC is probably on Marmot's team if he's mafia I think. The other mafia team are probably frantically solving right now because Marmot's team has a big incentive to get them killed (so town is distracted by associatives from the other team and don't just run a train on them). At the same time they can claim maximum towncred for being uber solvey and townie and stuff. Since my case on LC pertains to his lack of interest in digging into content, that indicates a Marmot teammate who cares more about survival and widening the POE than anything else.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Alison wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:07 am
Correct, if I am wolf making some insane gambit I'll just get blasted by the other wolf team.

Which is why the fact that LC is spending all his time stirring up tinfoil about me rather than digging into Marmot interactions or just trying to solve reflects extremely poorly about him. All the townies in the thread were excited by the flip and subsequent revelations, and immediately set to work solving. ted had to be prompted by Jay to solve and that doesn't look good for him. Same thing goes for LC. Falcon at least has the excuse that he's been tunnelling me since page 2 and is presumably confbiased up the ass. LC's been neutral or positive to me, and now he's suddenly trying to make my clear of Oddmerta a big deal, plus bitching that he's being threatened with a vig shot for bringing sanity to the thread. Not a good look.
Bad analysis of me.

Return to “Previous Jobs”