Total votes: 22
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 220

Re: Fargo Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by fingersplints »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:21 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:22 am
Oddmerta wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:21 am Sloonei sloonei sloonei, why you no vote ted or tsp?
Because nanook said he townreads fingersplints and I think that's a weird read so I want to give him a chance to shield her.
What did you make of Fingers ragey reaction to Falcon when he accused her of "copying" his PoE and suspects?
Hello all,

That reaction was to Michelle, but I guess falcon was a part of it too as he did the copy thing first and then she did moments later. It’s getting increasingly more frustrating to put hours and hours into reading a thread only to be told “you’re copying. Go read the thread!” I’m trying as hard as I can but it still doesn’t seem good enough. In any normal game I’ve ever played, having as many posts as I do would be considered a great contribution. Had I known having almost 100 posts early day 2 would make me a low posting suspect, I certainly would not have signed up.

I have mentioned a few times that I am pregnant and hormonal, just in case I had a reaction like this so it wouldn’t be too surprising.

I’m once again going to be casually reading the thread today as I do some stuff around the house. Im not avoiding the thread, but I’m still dealing with the aftermath of a massive water leak earlier this year. So as mafia fatigued I am, reading the thread would probably still be preferable to my to do list today.

My thoughts have not changed since my last (“copied”) thoughts. I’m not sure they will change at all today until we are given some new information.

If anyone has any specific questions for me that they wish answered right away ask them again because I have missed them.
If anyone would like to give me a run down of the nanook case it would be greatly appreciated. I haven’t much experience there but their posting seems pretty standard to the limited townie experience I have with them.
Gro-oo-ovy
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 721
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:02 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:00 am How did I end up with 2 more votes while I was asleep, what the hay guys
u haven't been very townie. marmot interactions not great. You'll need to help us find a better alternative to be his teammate(s).

on that subject, have you talked about ted yet?
Why i have the impression you preflipped already Ted as mafia?
Spoiler: show

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 387

Post by Justplayingitcool »

fingersplints wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:32 am
Oddmerta wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:21 am Sloonei sloonei sloonei, why you no vote ted or tsp?
Because nanook said he townreads fingersplints and I think that's a weird read so I want to give him a chance to shield her.
What did you make of Fingers ragey reaction to Falcon when he accused her of "copying" his PoE and suspects?
Hello all,

That reaction was to Michelle, but I guess falcon was a part of it too as he did the copy thing first and then she did moments later. It’s getting increasingly more frustrating to put hours and hours into reading a thread only to be told “you’re copying. Go read the thread!” I’m trying as hard as I can but it still doesn’t seem good enough. In any normal game I’ve ever played, having as many posts as I do would be considered a great contribution. Had I known having almost 100 posts early day 2 would make me a low posting suspect, I certainly would not have signed up.

I have mentioned a few times that I am pregnant and hormonal, just in case I had a reaction like this so it wouldn’t be too surprising.

I’m once again going to be casually reading the thread today as I do some stuff around the house. Im not avoiding the thread, but I’m still dealing with the aftermath of a massive water leak earlier this year. So as mafia fatigued I am, reading the thread would probably still be preferable to my to do list today.

My thoughts have not changed since my last (“copied”) thoughts. I’m not sure they will change at all today until we are given some new information.

If anyone has any specific questions for me that they wish answered right away ask them again because I have missed them.
If anyone would like to give me a run down of the nanook case it would be greatly appreciated. I haven’t much experience there but their posting seems pretty standard to the limited townie experience I have with them.
Ah, I had a look back and you are right. I assumed it was aimed at Falcon as I remember him specifically reacting negatively to your rage quit post.

I want to snap read the rage as Finger not being w/w with Michelle or Falcon at the moment. It didn't particularly come across as two people faking an argument at each other to distance themselves.
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 330

Post by Oddmerta »

fingersplints wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:32 am
Hello all,

That's it, I town shield you now. Anyone that tries to scumread you I will show them straight to the stand
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 387

Re: Fargo Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Justplayingitcool »

Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:05 pm
Alison wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:01 pm
Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:00 pm [VOTE: Al] aubergine

This is the best of the current wagons.
Do you genuinely believe Al is the scummiest active wagon or is this self pres?

Also this wording implies there is someone who you'd rather see exed over Al but who isn't an active wagon. Who is it?
It is both.

I've seen reasons for both Ted and TSP to be town. Al on the other hand posted an awkward readlist yesterday and not much since then.

If this game happens to be multi-ball, Nanook and spf should be given another look. They were both suspicions I had earlier on before they claimed mason.
Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:12 pm I didn't realize they were joking about it earlier, I thought it was an attempt from Nanook to shield spf, because at the time, she was taking a lot of heat.
I was going to go through Nook's ISO at some point (due to not coming up with a reason for a town read from the top of my head), and when I was looking through, I saw the jokey posts about Nanook & SPF being masons together, which reminded me of the above posts from Marmot. It feels like Marmot genuinely believed that SPF & Nook were masons together, so I think this could point to Nook/SPF not being a wolf with Marmot.
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 373
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

any shot at anybody else dying over me today or should i do something better with my time
ImageImageImageImage
BoKnows
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 1034
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by BoKnows »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:01 am
BoKnows wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:55 am
Hally wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:51 am i want to clarify btw that i’m not saying odd is necessarily a wolf. it’s not like i can’t see him as a villager. i’m simply saying the seemingly unanimous free pass he’s being given does not seem warranted given his iso and i don’t really think he should be getting v read right now. if anyone has arguments to the contrary i’m all ears though
I wish odd would do more give his position in this game
Yeah, this is ultimately where I fall on Odd. He's been handed a very nice platform to join in and help us solve the game, but he's done absolutely nothing with it. If nothing else, Radiohead showed me that he's capable of being engaged in the solving effort.

But as I say this, I have to ask myself if this is a reason to town read him: if he's mafia, then he's resisting the collective effort to drag him into the towncore. Why not just pay along and capitalize on all this goodwill?
Well he's not getting scumread for coasting, and he made it clear that he wanted to coast in one of his posts. I'm thinking him coasting is NAI.
Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:59 am Actually would be cool if @KZA @BoKnows and @falcon45ca could give us some round robin reads on each other. Once they've all sobered up, that is.
I gather that there is a general sense of trust between the three of them this game. But they should all know one another better than the rest of the roster, so if any players are in a position to either confirm a civilian or dislodge a mafier in that group, it's the Canucks themselves.
KZA's time and my time on CDC mafia don't overlap much. I think we played a handful of games together. Falcon on the other hand. You can just tell when he's town and mafia. When he's scum you can feel the tension in the air, it's palpable. This is Falcon's last scum effort on CDC: Falcon Scum
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 557
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I don't think the Ted yeet is s foregone conclusion. I haven't looked at the poll though.

Who accused fingersplints for "low posting"?
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Long Con wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:31 am I don't think the Ted yeet is s foregone conclusion. I haven't looked at the poll though.

Who accused fingersplints for "low posting"?
I don’t know that someone said direct quote “fingersplints has been low posting” but there has been mentions of me not contributing as much. I’m not going to reread the thread to find them for you
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Oddmerta wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:24 am That's it, I town shield you now. Anyone that tries to scumread you I will show them straight to the stand
:hug:
Gro-oo-ovy
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

Finger is playing similar to her bee mafia game. Never loaded the thread with posts, but still made meaningful contributions to the conversation.
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 468
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Strawhenge »

Good morning! I think after a fitful sleep I'm going to divert my thoughts away from Sad Life Shit™ and into another ISO—of fingersplints.
Literally just some fucking guy.
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 330

Post by Oddmerta »

Strawhenge wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:19 am Good morning! I think after a fitful sleep I'm going to divert my thoughts away from Sad Life Shit™ and into another ISO—of fingersplints.
Watches closely
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Ok @Long Con I found one example for you. Here Michelle wants to talk about low posters.
Michelle wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:11 pm
Who posted? - This is a list of all members who posted in this topic
UsernamePosts
JaggedJimmyJay573
Sloonei460
Alison454
BoKnows440
TonyStarkPrime414
MacDougall399
Hally384
tutuu330
Esooa296
Long Con251
Justplayingitcool226
KZA213
tedxtr212
falcon45ca203
staypositivefriend192
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME156
Marmot152
Oddmerta122
Michelle114
Strawhenge98
fingersplints82
AL_sama53
novaselinenever7
Dom6
Master Radishes2
Who is lower than me in posts number except Al, who I know is low poster by meta, is suspicious for me.
No one talks about Straw and Fingers, can I know why?
Nanook is in the same tier because he is easy posting one liners as villager, flooding the thread with a specific kind of joy.
Again there may be other instances where the phrasing is more “need to hear more from” “need to contribute more” instead of just “low poster” but I don’t have time to search the thread for every instance.

What are you hoping to gain from that question?
Gro-oo-ovy
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 672
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

I don't find Ted that wolfy
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Esooa wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:31 am I don't find Ted that wolfy
I would like to know more.
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

Elaborate.
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

Starting this morning with a hot take.
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 672
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

I think his reads are genuine

specifically stuff like oddmerta meta that he said before hally but was the exact same conclusion

similarly I agree he wouldn't just randomly vote marmot as a partner there

he's similar in play and in treatment to mtg mafia where he didn't do a lot and people scum read him but I felt like what he posted was real

and he was town there
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

Esooa wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:34 am I think his reads are genuine

specifically stuff like oddmerta meta that he said before hally but was the exact same conclusion

similarly I agree he wouldn't just randomly vote marmot as a partner there

he's similar in play and in treatment to mtg mafia where he didn't do a lot and people scum read him but I felt like what he posted was real

and he was town there
I do agree that his posts have been starting to look better. With that being said the way Marmot read him, and Ted's earlier play outweighs that.
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

Sloonei being on Finger off. Going to go find his reasoning brb.
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:11 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:07 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:03 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:56 am TSP is in a weird spot - it seems there's a consensus that TSP does not fit on Team Marmot (i need to go and verify this myself), but there is still a pretty huge push for him to be the chop today. if it's true that TSP is on the Other Team, i think it is entirely possible that part of the push against TSP is being driven/signal boosted by Marmot's team. This is something that I would like to come back to and analyze when TSP gets resolved
This is not a thought I'd had. It's interesting.

But then, when I think about the Marmot team, I am perhaps getting ahead of myself, but I feel like Ted and nanook both make sense independently and in tandem with one another, so I'm not really too paranoid about them right now. Which could be a major fault on my part.

On that thought, I suppose if Ted is Team Marmot then your theory has legs.
it's notable to me that nanook, fingersplints, and ted (and oddmerta, to a lesser extent) are all on the TSP wagon. TSP has high equity to be a wolf but the majority of the people on his wagon are people that i've also found to have high wolf equity. that indicates to me that the POE is slightly off or that the teams are pushing against each other. i lean on the latter being the case, although it is just speculation until we see more flips
Fingersplints has been my dark horse suspect, for lack of a better term. She's in the consensus POE, so it's not like she's off the radar, but if I am picking out one person from that group who makes the most sense as mafia, it's her. But I can't really identify what it is that makes me say that.

I think I should try to listen to what she has to say some more. Thank you for guiding me to this decision, SPF. You're a true inspiration.
I have no issue with Sloonei calling finger a darkhorse for scum, I think we all have our own darkhorses for scum. Finger being in the consensus POE has some truth to it. Finger isn't on my radar though. This could be a sign of me becoming complacent. With that being said I haven't seen a good reason for finger to be scum. I've already said this but I feel like she's playing similarly to her bee mafia game (which she was town). Why are people scum reading finger? Why is Sloonei voting for his darkhorse scum candidate over someone in her upper POE? I know we have to start thinking about D3 + D4 lynch candidates, but this is an interesting progression.
Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:18 am @fingersplints I have a vague suspicion when I look over the landscape of Fargo that you are mafia. I can't tell you why this is, and I don't think it's anything that you've done. But I can't help it being what it is. I'm not going to rush to a decision on you or tunnel you or anything like that. But I do need to hear from you about... stuff. Anything. I don't know what. And I know you have already talked about plenty of things in this game. So whenever you can, and to whatever extent you can, I'd love to hear your general thoughts about the game right now. Who are Marmot's teammates? Who are the best candidates to be on the Other Team? Which players (besides the mechanically cleared) are you most comfortable placing in the Town pile?

Thanks,
Doctor Sloonei, Thread Dad
Sounds like Sloonei is hinting at mech. Which obviously changes everthing if there is truth to what I just said. This still doesn't answer my question on why finger is being widely scum read.
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

I'm going to let these thoughts marinate and go for a jog.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 723
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

@BoKnows no
i have no mechanical information on fingersplints, and if I did I would not wait until this point in the day to bring it up, and I certainly would not hint at it the way you suggested.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

fingersplints wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:26 am Ok @Long Con I found one example for you. Here Michelle wants to talk about low posters.
Michelle wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:11 pm
Who posted? - This is a list of all members who posted in this topic
UsernamePosts
JaggedJimmyJay573
Sloonei460
Alison454
BoKnows440
TonyStarkPrime414
MacDougall399
Hally384
tutuu330
Esooa296
Long Con251
Justplayingitcool226
KZA213
tedxtr212
falcon45ca203
staypositivefriend192
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME156
Marmot152
Oddmerta122
Michelle114
Strawhenge98
fingersplints82
AL_sama53
novaselinenever7
Dom6
Master Radishes2
Who is lower than me in posts number except Al, who I know is low poster by meta, is suspicious for me.
No one talks about Straw and Fingers, can I know why?
Nanook is in the same tier because he is easy posting one liners as villager, flooding the thread with a specific kind of joy.
Again there may be other instances where the phrasing is more “need to hear more from” “need to contribute more” instead of just “low poster” but I don’t have time to search the thread for every instance.

What are you hoping to gain from that question?
I asked the question because my own suspicion of you has nothing to do with your post count or participation level, and I wasn't sure if you were shifting the focus to an accusation that you would feel more comfortable defending, or something like that.

"Hoping to gain"... come on dude. If I asked my wife a question and she said that, I would know I'm in for a fight. I hope my explanation for daring to ask such a thing satisfies you.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Oddmerta wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:53 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:24 am Like, do you think I haven't been hard enough on ted this phase, Odd? Do you think I haven't done enough to engage with TSP?
Hypothetical, if you were mafia who would you kill tonight?
Hally. If protected, Alison.

What do you gain from this exercise?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:02 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:02 am I do not struggle at all to see a ted/nanook/marmot team.
So the GoC scum team then
Heh. Minus me and our brave leader, Cat.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Justifiable pregnancy hormones
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Michelle wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:28 am
Oddmerta wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:20 am
Michelle wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:18 am
Oddmerta wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:12 am
Michelle wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:09 am
Oddmerta wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:03 am
Michelle wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:38 am
Did you mention me? Asking from curiosity
I did not
Why? What read do you have for me?
You haven't warranted commenting on my read is you are seemingly towm defending wolves for reasons unknown
How do you know they are wolves?
We don't know for sure but that's the game we're playing
Looks like i play a different game :ponder:
I am concerned because this consensus seems not natural
What do you mean by this, michelle?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Michelle wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:47 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:02 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:00 am How did I end up with 2 more votes while I was asleep, what the hay guys
u haven't been very townie. marmot interactions not great. You'll need to help us find a better alternative to be his teammate(s).

on that subject, have you talked about ted yet?
Why i have the impression you preflipped already Ted as mafia?
I think nanook and ted look bad individually and also both have decent potential to be teammates. I do not think they have talked about each other much. I want to make that happen.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Who do you propose we go for instead? Who is on marmot’s team?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Ok you made me laugh again @Long Con
I was considering your motivation was that you were just poking at an obviously sore subject. Your response has satisfied me for now, but I’m not 100% that it’s completely genuine and there was not scum motivated “shit stirring” in your question.
Gro-oo-ovy
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

@fingersplints i left this post for you, if you’ve got time to respond
Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:18 am @fingersplints I have a vague suspicion when I look over the landscape of Fargo that you are mafia. I can't tell you why this is, and I don't think it's anything that you've done. But I can't help it being what it is. I'm not going to rush to a decision on you or tunnel you or anything like that. But I do need to hear from you about... stuff. Anything. I don't know what. And I know you have already talked about plenty of things in this game. So whenever you can, and to whatever extent you can, I'd love to hear your general thoughts about the game right now. Who are Marmot's teammates? Who are the best candidates to be on the Other Team? Which players (besides the mechanically cleared) are you most comfortable placing in the Town pile?

Thanks,
Doctor Sloonei, Thread Dad
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

fingersplints wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:19 am Ok you made me laugh again @Long Con
I was considering your motivation was that you were just poking at an obviously sore subject. Your response has satisfied me for now, but I’m not 100% that it’s completely genuine and there was not scum motivated “shit stirring” in your question.
Well, all right. I don't think it was "shit stirring" and I don't understand that perspective. If anything, it came from the idea that accusing you for those things wasn't legit.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

@Michelle do you think that it's alignment-indicative to have fewer posts than the more prolific posters? Why? I feel like I could take a usual player list on the Syndicate and match them up with a list of their post totals pretty accurately, and that it would be that way regardless of alignment.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 618
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Love you fingers hang in there buddy

Life can be annoying for """low""" posters on syndicate sometimes
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Long Con wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:30 am @Michelle do you think that it's alignment-indicative to have fewer posts than the more prolific posters? Why? I feel like I could take a usual player list on the Syndicate and match them up with a list of their post totals pretty accurately, and that it would be that way regardless of alignment.
My wild swings defy you
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:35 am
Long Con wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:30 am @Michelle do you think that it's alignment-indicative to have fewer posts than the more prolific posters? Why? I feel like I could take a usual player list on the Syndicate and match them up with a list of their post totals pretty accurately, and that it would be that way regardless of alignment.
My wild swings defy you
I don't do Nanook. :goofp:

Ted being openly defeatist is maybe somewhat townie

On the other hand

Its a 6-5 split with tsp and there's been a lot of sus on tsp so

Idk where im going with this really i just relate
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

@fingersplints
an ISO by Strawsby, Stills, Nash, and Henge

POST-BY-POST NOTES
  • An early interaction with a current primary suspect, tedxtr. This would mostly only be noteworthy if ted flipped scum, but as of now it's only noteworthy that one of our primary suspects felt the need to respond to how fingersplints voted for 6PM on D0. Mostly null.
  • This post seems like genuine praise and excitement for the propensity of this crew to get right into things on D0, citing a time that D0 scumhunting found a scum on D1. Looks good; hopefully there will be followthrough.
  • As a separate note, in the above-linked post ('discussing old rules/etiquette'), she held up well when Long Con got defensive. Side-note: Weird how defensive Long Con got there.
  • Another good exchange with Long Con, where she refutes LC's claim that Mafia wouldn't vote for the same person in a situation like that (I believe it was for voting for BoKnows).
  • Calls TSP out for being all over the place wrt Marmot. It looks even better considering it's before Marmot's chop. Seems like she genuinely took notice of something strange and based her suspicion off it. In her next post, she names TSP as her primary suspect, then votes for him in the next post. This feels like the aforementioned followthrough I was hoping for on her part.
  • It is interesting, though, that in her reads list she lists MacDougall in her POE. When Jay asks for follow-up, she gives a more neutral read. Not sure what to make of that, especially in conjunction with her behavior hitherto. Mostly null, but my eyebrow did its thing.
  • Responds well when SPF brings up, in my opinion, a pretty weak case against her. Finger's explanations are very clear and candid and give me vibes of a towny defending themselves.
  • Gives kind of a meh reaction when asked how she felt about AL_sama. Oh, and this was an interaction with Marmot. Perhaps her only interaction with Marmot. Since she doesn't have a boatload of posts in this game, not interacting directly with Marmot more than once doesn't really mean anything to me.
  • Another sound reaction when called out for pretty much what I just dismissed in the above item. Falcon got on her for her lack of Marmot interactions and finger defended herself well.
  • Maybe her towniest post, tone-wise, is this one. Maybe some might disagree, and maybe I'm basing this off of dusty old memories of yesteryear, but this feels like a towny trying to rein everyone in and remind them that we shouldn't outright trust all these roleclaims. Scum tend to glom onto roleclaims because of how the information can be used.
  • And another sound reaction when Alison reacts to the post in the above item. It looks to me like two townies with different playstyles clashing for a moment, but it's notable at this point how consistent finger is with how she approaches things.
  • Everything else noteworthy in her ISO is repeating herself, very consistently, when people ask her for or challenge her reads, etc.

FINGERSPLINTS + MARMOT
As noted, only interacted directly once and it was null—due mostly in part to finger not having a billion posts with a billion interactions with everyone. She did, however, and still does, have a suspicion of TSP regarding how he interacted with Marmot. I think this looks good.

FINGERSPLINTS + JAGGEDJIMMYJAY
Early on in the thread I noticed that fingersplints almost had a buddying interplay with Jay. She would comment on things he said to other players, and reference his reads. Worth noting, in case something suspicious comes up later. As it looks right now, finger looks like a poster who doesn't have the time to contribute a huge amount of posts, sees an obvious supertown Jay, and is picking up what he's putting down.

FINGERSPLINTS + MACDOUGALL
This is probably the most eyebrow-raising part of fingersplints's ISO. Searching her ISO for 'MacDougall' brings up exactly three posts, where the third is a quote of the first in reference to, incidentally, me. That first post is a reads list where she puts MacDougall in her POE and the second post is where Jay asks her about it, and she says, 'Actually he's more of a neutral read.' Hmm.

LONG STORY SHORT
Overall fingersplints looks townish to me. Not a huge amount of posts to go off of, but the vast majority of them look like an earnest towny who's trying to approach the game as pragmatically as possible.

Bit late to the train there buddy
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

A thing I forgot to say: fingersplints's stalwart suspicion of TSP makes me vacillate between voting for him or ted. D2 will be a tough decision for me.

Also fingers townreading me while I'm otherwise in the POE is unironically townie imo, there's no reason for a mafia with the amount of posts/thread presence that fingers has to make that read with any level of confidence attached (as far as I can tell doing it unprompted too)
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:44 am Also fingers townreading me while I'm otherwise in the POE is unironically townie imo, there's no reason for a mafia with the amount of posts/thread presence that fingers has to make that read with any level of confidence attached (as far as I can tell doing it unprompted too)
If both of you are town, then that increases the chances that we’re clearing someone who doesn’t deserve it.
Who would that be?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

@Sloonei

Speculating bad based on role and team just isn’t my thing unless there are obvious reasons for me to think it. My scum hunting tactics have always been quite unconventional in that manner. I used to play in games where you’d generally be given a list of all the roles from the host in the beginning, and people would find it odd because I wouldn’t read the roles for days. I remember one game where I got suspicion for not knowing the town win condition, but I was town
It’s why you’ll hear me say time and time again that I’m more comfortable in smaller games with more standard role mechanics, or I’ll play if I absolutely love the theme. This game was a bit of a weird one for me to choose because it ticks none of those things I just mentioned. If you want to know the actual reason, I mentioned it in signups https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewt ... 36#p756636
:suspish: :disappoint: :sigh:

I’ve already said my thoughts haven’t changed, but let’s talk more
Anyways, I know you have disagreed with this take, but I still think TSP is Marmot’s teammate based on early comments made. Anything later on I think could have been attempts at distancing. It’s probably stubborn headless, but I can’t get over it.

I think some valid points have been made for the ted connection to marmot, so I could see this as another possibility. I don’t want to be accused of copying again, so I’m just being honest here that it’s in no way my idea but I think it’s got merit.

The rest on the last PoE I listed (al, LC, maybe Dom) have potential scummy behaviour that I don’t identify to any team. Dom’s still included here because he’s such a big question mark that I don’t want to forget about him and give him a free pass.

I know I still have some neutrals, but tbh I feel comfortable not having made up my mind on everyone yet. I don’t play like that. I have a few main suspects to focus on and that is enough for me. I am open minded enough to allow for thinking about others, but I don’t feel like I need to be pressured to decide about them now.
Gro-oo-ovy
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:04 am @BoKnows no
i have no mechanical information on fingersplints, and if I did I would not wait until this point in the day to bring it up, and I certainly would not hint at it the way you suggested.
shutdown. So you're voting because nanook townreads finger? And you're doing this to see if nook shields her?
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

just over 4km dodone. well needed jog

Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:54 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:44 am Also fingers townreading me while I'm otherwise in the POE is unironically townie imo, there's no reason for a mafia with the amount of posts/thread presence that fingers has to make that read with any level of confidence attached (as far as I can tell doing it unprompted too)
If both of you are town, then that increases the chances that we’re clearing someone who doesn’t deserve it.
Who would that be?
I have no idea, who are you clearing?

It doesn't increase the chance that I'm misclearing someone, so idk how to answer that in a vacuum
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:08 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:54 am
Who would that be?
I have no idea, who are you clearing?

It doesn't increase the chance that I'm misclearing someone, so idk how to answer that in a vacuum
The list of people that are generally not facing scrutiny includes:
Hally, Alison, me, spf, odd, bo, falcon, kza, jpic, strawhenge
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

fingersplints wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:01 pm I know I still have some neutrals, but tbh I feel comfortable not having made up my mind on everyone yet. I don’t play like that. I have a few main suspects to focus on and that is enough for me. I am open minded enough to allow for thinking about others, but I don’t feel like I need to be pressured to decide about them now.
This is a town ping. Being uncertain about reads is town behaviour 101 in my books.

Return to “Previous Jobs”