Pete Townshend (Nons, Deads, Mod, Host)
50%

Total votes: 10
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 116

Re: Misfits Mafia (Day 2)

Post by S~V~S »

And so am I. I think they both look bad, Hedge just nudges Canuck out slightly.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Dana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dana »

I voted for hedge. I'll give a more in depth explanation when I get home tonight.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 54

Post by Canucklehead »

I'm really embarassed to say this, but I occasionally have sex dreams about John Milton. :huh:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 21
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

....does it occur to anyone that canuck appears to be cursed
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I don't thank anyone will have a good nights sleep after that gem :noble:
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Mister Rearranger »

Day 2: A Hoot and a Half

The search continued for a killer amongst the Misfits. Hedge went to investigate further. She used her power to sneak away from her peers and sneak into the Centre's main office. Sadly, she hadn't quite mastered her ability yet and didn't remain invisible for long. As a group of friends walked by, they saw Hedgeowl through the window of the office, rummaging through paperwork and files.

"What's she doing?!" SVS wondered aloud.

Nutella chimed in: "She must be trying to cover up the community service roster. Maybe she's the imposter!"

Hedge was clearly flustered, caught in a giant misunderstanding. She kept wincing and whispering "Invisabul, invisabul, invisabul dinasaur hed!". But when she opened her eyes, she saw her former friends standing right in front of her. Panicking, Hedgeowl hoped that she might be able to fly too. Her name had "owl" in it, after all. She stood up on the desk, spread her arms, and shouted, "You'll never take me alive!".

Sadly, she was right. Leaping off the desk, Hedge landed headfirst on the wooden floor, breaking her own neck and dying instantly. DharmaHelper walked over to the office computer, which still had the roster on display.

"Damn.", he lamented. "Guys, look here.". Hedgeowl's photo was shown on the screen next to her alias, Simon. Her crime? Pretending she was a bird and hooting outside of her neighbor's house.

Hedgeowl has been lynched. She was Simon. It is now night. You have 24 hours to send PMs!
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 84
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Re: Misfits Mafia (Night 2)

Post by Roxy »

*does sad dance of being wrong*
RiP Hedge sorry I was wrong.about you.

I will be keeping my trap shut and looking to others to step up!
;)
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

nutella wrote:....does it occur to anyone that canuck appears to be cursed
Srsly, people. :noble:

Now to address the INSANE and UNFOUNDED (and by that, of course, I mean kind of pretty reasonable, actually) accusations that very nearly resulted in my death.
:ninja:
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Canucklehead wrote:
nutella wrote:....does it occur to anyone that canuck appears to be cursed
Srsly, people. :noble:

Now to address the INSANE and UNFOUNDED (and by that, of course, I mean kind of pretty reasonable, actually) accusations that very nearly resulted in my death.
:ninja:
I noticed but assumed we were just not mentioning it like yesterday.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Damn it! Alisha and Simon both :( :( RIP
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Of the hedge voters Nut's seems the most shady tbh.
;)
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

So before I address each one individually, I'm just gonna preface this by saying that while I understand why my inattentiveness/carelessness/whatever might BOTHER you and might make you think that I'm not playing very well, I really don't understand why it makes you think that I'm a baddie. :shrug: I know a lot of you haven't ever played with me before, and I know that those of you who have might not really remember how I play....but to be honest, I just don't really pay very close attention to games, especially in the early stages. I rarely formulate my own suspicions until later, and often ride the coattails of other players (and my own irrespressible charm :noble: ) to float through until I really get a handle on things. (I'm honestly surprised at how many theories/suspicions people already have in this game, since it's only day 2.) Anywho, I'm not suggesting that my way of playing neccessarily indicates that I'm a civ (I play this way regardless of affiliation), but I just don't see how it indicates the opposite, either. :huh:

The comment that started this whole fiasco was really just an off-the-cuff general annoyance thing about the whole facade of "defenses" in mafia, not directed at anyone in particular. Then, when Epignosis (or Bullz?) pushed me on who, exactly, I was referring to, I didn't really have a good answer, so I did a quick keyword search through the previous page to quickly pull up the quotes that had sparked my thought. I didn't cross-reference these quotes with the poll, at that point OR during my read-through before the initial post, so I ended up making some silly mistakes and putting my foot in it. :shrug: I've admitted my mistakes (several times now), retracted my "suspicions" of Bullz and Roxy (which I only named because Epi specifically asked for names. I did mention explicitly in the post that my "suspicions" were barely worthy of the title, and that Rox got called out by process of elimination), and am ready to move on. Pretty please?! :omg: :fiesta: :lorab:

I'm not sure that I'm going to be able to offer any of you an explanation that is satisfying to you, because I've kind of already said what's going on and why.....but I'll try again, and maybe this time it will stick? :dance:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
I'm not quite sure about a vote for Boogs or Hedgeowl. I just am not reading either of them as bad. At this point, I think I'd vote for Canucklehead. I could see the Epig kill coming from someone who isn't (yet) a site regular, but I have no reason yet to believe Dana or Made are bad (no read on them, but I don't know them, so), and I'm not sure I buy her recent posts.

That said... I feel really iffy on that. I just don't feel that strongly about any one player at the moment. I'm hoping there can be some discussion before voting time... and I need to revisit if I can because reading that quickly some posts kind of blurred together I think.
I don't actually understand why me not being a site regular makes me any more or less likely to kill any given player? I get that you were unconvinced by my posts, so that made you suspicious of me....but I don't get the part about being new to the site....halp?
nijuukyugou wrote:
I don't have too many particularly strong feelings towards anyone at the moment, but Canuck's recent posts (save the pee one, which made me lol) have pinged me. I find it weird when people forget to vote and then turn around and almost immediately point fingers at those who did vote (especially when she also says she would have randomized rather than pick a side). Also, there are too many instances of posting before fact checking for my taste. I understand grad school is stupid busy (trust me, I know!), but it would be better to post less with more thought than the opposite. She appears too floundering in response to people pointing these things out and blames it on either "laziness" or "work." Hmmm...Anyone else have thoughts?
:
Hi, we've never played together. I guarantee you that I blame my low posting/not voting/general ineptness on my busyness and lazyness and lack of focus at least once in EVERY game I've ever played. I get that you don't like that excuse (and I appreciate the "advice" to think more and post less :haha: You sound like my committee chair :p ), but these responses aren't "floundering"....they're truth.
As for forgetting to vote and then pointing fingers, that's valid I guess.....though I still think everyone is reading my "calling bullshit" post as being more accusatory or more specifically directed than was intended when I wrote it. :shrug: Tone is hard on the internets.
MovingPictures07 wrote:I have to leave, so I suppose I'm voting Canuck, only for my perception that she seems most possibly insincere at the moment.
I've never been sincere a single time in my entire life. :noble:
Roxy wrote: Canucks - calling me out without even reading is very ping worthy. I didnkt like the way she tried to joke her way out and blame school when asked about it.
?
It's not that I didn't read, it's that I didn't look at the poll.......(and also read kind of selectively :blush: ) Again, my calling you out was not originally directed at you, and I never really felt that strongly about it. Also, I joke and blame school for everything. You know that ;)
Epignosis wrote:I voted canuck. I think the case on him is the strongest at this point.
There are a lot of things wrong with this post. :srsnod:
Elohcin wrote:UGH SHIT....I tell you.. I was sitting here catching up. got up to go to the kitchen, came back and Epi had logged me out and logghimself in in the couple minutes I was gone!....HOST, should I vote as Eloh too? I votes Canuck. I would have used my laptop but other than it being slow as molasses, it was as sticky as molasses as well....I have been working today.
So you read the thread close enough to buy the case on me.....but not close enough to realize I have lady parts? You're just as good a mafia player as I am! ;)

(Just in case it needs to be said, that last bit was meant to be jovial in tone...not bitchy... :hugs: )
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Just thought I should mention I'll be away all weekend and don't know how much time I'll have for mafia. Will have to try to post/vote from my phone when I need to but I won't get many chances.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 19

Post by Hedgeowl »

DharmaHelper wrote:I voted for Hedge for the simple fact that I don't believe a word she is saying.
How about now? :noble:

Sorry all to miss the vote. Our internet has been going in and out the last day and just came back up this afternoon.

Thanks for the game MR!
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 146
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Canuck, the comment about you not having played much over here yet was really just me postulating on who would kill Epig. To me, it seems odd that someone very acquainted with Epig's style would have killed him this early, especially since he dies so early as a civilian, and in the cases he doesn't he can often be of use in railroading other civilians and keeping the attention off of baddies.

Roxy wrote:Lmao @ boogs - how expected that was.

I see myslef voting for hedge, boogs or canuck. prob in that order.

Hedge keeps telling me how to intepret her post. I think I got the gist of it just fine.

Boogs - can act like he was not contridictory but I read otherwise.

Canucks - calling me out without even reading is very ping worthy. I didnkt like the way she tried to joke her way out and blame school when asked about it.

MP - what do you see in hedge and boogs posts that make you think I am wrong?
Why are you using epis suspicion instead of one of your own with original thought?
I just am not reading Hedge or Boogs as insincere, and I don't understand how their actions would make them baddie. IMO, there's often a difference between what we generally think is typical baddie behavior and what actually is baddie behavior. I think often we get caught up in "weird" or confusing or different = baddie when often it is more likely a lone civvie will be confused than a baddie will fake being confused.

I'm not using Epig's suspicion, and I don't appreciate being accused of not having my own suspicions. I said Canuck seemed most insincere of anyone in my catch up and why I did so. I'll be the first person to express disagreement with Epig's opinions or suspicions.

I'm now personally thinking the baddies could be among the new players, who have not really been too seriously examined, or I guess S~V~S since the suspicion of her completely vanished, but I haven't been particularly reading baddie S~V~S. Whoever the baddies are have been doing a good job so far of appearing particularly civvie because I don't have much of a leaning significantly baddie on almost anyone right now.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

The suspicion of SVS completely vanished becasue she explained herself in a non-subtly evasive way, and her explanations made sense becasue they are true :noble:

I am sorry Hedge. Canuck is always a little goofy, and I saw sloppiness, but i did not see bad intent. And sloppiness is something I can understand~

I am wondering what happened to Keterman.
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 65

Post by a2thezebra »

You call? Sorry everyone, once again no excuse for missing the vote. I'm in three other games outside of this site at the moment but I should've known what I was getting into. I won't ask for a replacement because of my pride and ego, so I'll get active again.

First off, my main demand was SVS's in-depth defense, and while it wasn't a good defense (I don't think it could be given the actions SVS had to defend) it was a good effort that seemed genuine enough. Most of my points against her implied her being scummates with Sorsha, and since that was proven wrong, most of the specific points are now invalid. Nevertheless I have her as a scum read still because the tone of her posts and actions keep flip-flopping between taking the game seriously and not taking it seriously. It's like she doesn't know what act to put on. However...

Canucklehead. What in the world is going on with Canucklehead? Way too many smilies and way too much confidence in extremely flawed logic and obvious skim-reading. I do not see a civilian acting the way he has been acting since Sorsha's death. It's almost like he's going for a "too crazy to be scum" gambit, and I'm not buying it. I'd sooner dissect Finnegan's Wake than his ridiculous posts.

I see the end of Night 1 post does not state anything about Epignosis' role. I don't like that, and I find it weird that just about everyone posted "RIP Epi" when it was unconfirmed that he was a civilian. Scumslips or carelessness? He did seem to be scumhunting well when he was alive so I can see how something like that could be overlooked, but I still find it strange and bothersome.

I'm not sure about Boogs. Roxy made what appears to be a decent case on him on the surface, but most of it was criticizing his exaggerations, and not too much of what she pointed out was alignment-indicative. Because of that, the case, and the read, actually comes off as opportunistic to me, so I think it's more likely that Roxy is scum than Boogs is. But they could be bussing each other.

My strongest town reads are Made and DharmaHelper. I don't believe in towntells, so it's mainly a lack of scumtells on their part combined with active scumhunting. I wasn't sure how to feel about Hedge but I wouldn't have voted her, I would've voted for Canuck, who I'll likely vote for on Day 3, unless someone else manages to out-scum him.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Lol.
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 65

Post by a2thezebra »

We got a confession everyone!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Keterman wrote: Canucklehead. What in the world is going on with Canucklehead? Way too many smilies and way too much confidence in extremely flawed logic and obvious skim-reading. I do not see a civilian acting the way he has been acting since Sorsha's death. It's almost like he's going for a "too crazy to be scum" gambit, and I'm not buying it. I'd sooner dissect Finnegan's Wake than his ridiculous posts.
I've actually read her ( :P ) more recent defense - not the 'lol' but the one before it - as a fairly reasonable response to her accusers. I think I've only played with her once before, and that was a long time ago, but I seem to remember her tone being fairly similar at the time and she was a civ back then. Mafia doesn't have to be all serious and grumpy.
Keterman wrote:I see the end of Night 1 post does not state anything about Epignosis' role. I don't like that, and I find it weird that just about everyone posted "RIP Epi" when it was unconfirmed that he was a civilian. Scumslips or carelessness? He did seem to be scumhunting well when he was alive so I can see how something like that could be overlooked, but I still find it strange and bothersome.
Now I practically never make "RIP" posts for NKs or lynches because I don't see the point, but sometimes if I think a kill was particularly odd I'll comment on it. For instance killing the top poster in a game which, at the time, had been pretty quiet. For my part, I have no idea whether Epi was good or bad, I find him almost impossible to read sometimes because as a civ he does things that I wouldn't dream of doing as a baddie for fear I'd be too obviously evil. I just wasn't pleased that he died so early.
Keterman wrote:I'm not sure about Boogs. Roxy made what appears to be a decent case on him on the surface, but most of it was criticizing his exaggerations, and not too much of what she pointed out was alignment-indicative. Because of that, the case, and the read, actually comes off as opportunistic to me, so I think it's more likely that Roxy is scum than Boogs is. But they could be bussing each other.
What does bussing actually mean? It's not a term we use round here. I disagree with your point about Roxy, and I think that exaggerating one's role in a lynch (e.g. saying you were the driving force behind it or that you tried to save the victim) can be indicative of alignment. Civs lie in their own ways, but baddies lie more.
Keterman wrote:My strongest town reads are Made and DharmaHelper. I don't believe in towntells, so it's mainly a lack of scumtells on their part combined with active scumhunting. I wasn't sure how to feel about Hedge but I wouldn't have voted her, I would've voted for Canuck, who I'll likely vote for on Day 3, unless someone else manages to out-scum him.
What do you mean by scum/towntells? Like role hints or something? Because anyone can role hint, though it's frowned upon by many and sometimes against the rules. I don't really have a strong read either way on the two you mention here but of the pair I'd say I think DH is more likely to be civ than Made.

I have about an hour left here if anyone is around to talk, but after that I'll probably be sporadic until either Sunday night or Monday (probably Monday - it's me we're talking about, there will almost definitely be a pub trip Sunday night). I'll try to post from my phone as much as I can but it's annoying and I don't like doing it, nor will I get many opportunities.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Keterman wrote:We got a confession everyone!
Not a confession, a giggle at the fact that you accuse of skimming (true!) and paying insufficient attention/not taking things seriously enough (also true!)....but yet you yourself haven't read closely enough to realize I'm a woman....despite the fact that I made EXACTLY this point about Elochin in my previous post which you claim to have read closely and thought about carefully with your big, non-ridiculous mafia brain.

I say again, Lol.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Keterman wrote:I see the end of Night 1 post does not state anything about Epignosis' role. I don't like that, and I find it weird that just about everyone posted "RIP Epi" when it was unconfirmed that he was a civilian. Scumslips or carelessness? He did seem to be scumhunting well when he was alive so I can see how something like that could be overlooked, but I still find it strange and bothersome.
Sometimes people qualify it with "iywg" (if you were good) but Epi, from my perspective (and I DO believe in "town tells") probably was a civvie. Like Bullz, I tend to avoid "RIP" in general; I have seen too many civs lynched from being attacked over not saying "RIP", or saying RIP to an NKed person (as you are saying) or not qualifying it~ I have even seen people get cases against them for their "RIP" not sounding sincere enough lol. So yeah.

And thanks for the faint praise :p
First off, my main demand was SVS's in-depth defense, and while it wasn't a good defense (I don't think it could be given the actions SVS had to defend) it was a good effort that seemed genuine enough. Most of my points against her implied her being scummates with Sorsha, and since that was proven wrong, most of the specific points are now invalid. Nevertheless I have her as a scum read still because the tone of her posts and actions keep flip-flopping between taking the game seriously and not taking it seriously. It's like she doesn't know what act to put on. However...
I always take games seriously, sometimes too seriously. After a recent embarrassing rage quit incident at another forum, I am trying to return to my Mafia roots somewhat. I consider hedville my home forum for Mafia, even though games are not held there anymore. That forum was known for it's "no srs bsns" attitude, the mods used to call you out for it. Illy smacked me more than once :haha: I was known for some kwazy kwap. Sorshas opening move (and she played extensively there too) put me in mind of HV, it made me smile.

Srs bsns has its place, but OT shenanigans do as well. No acting required :noble:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

EBWoP~ I have some errands to run this AM, rl to see to, and will be spending most of my day in the other game, just an FYI.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Morning TS!
Happy weekend! :dance:

LOL @ Keterman will respond when I have more time.
;)
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 210

Post by DharmaHelper »

Would have made a post sooner, but got drawn into some stuff. I think for next lynch, since my track record doesn't seem to be the best, I'm going to take a bit of a back seat.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 29

Post by Elohcin »

Most of the time, I think we assume the nightkilled were civ unless we are sure that there is a civvie night kill in the role descriptions. Do you have any reason to think Epi was not civ?
Bullzeye wrote:
Keterman wrote: Canucklehead. What in the world is going on with Canucklehead? Way too many smilies and way too much confidence in extremely flawed logic and obvious skim-reading. I do not see a civilian acting the way he has been acting since Sorsha's death. It's almost like he's going for a "too crazy to be scum" gambit, and I'm not buying it. I'd sooner dissect Finnegan's Wake than his ridiculous posts.
I've actually read her ( :P ) more recent defense - not the 'lol' but the one before it - as a fairly reasonable response to her accusers. I think I've only played with her once before, and that was a long time ago, but I seem to remember her tone being fairly similar at the time and she was a civ back then. Mafia doesn't have to be all serious and grumpy.
I have to agree with Bullz here. I think Canuck is pretty genuine in her defense. Problem is, now I am not sure who to look at ATM.

@ Keterman, what do you think about the players who aren't around much?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Elohcin wrote:
Most of the time, I think we assume the nightkilled were civ unless we are sure that there is a civvie night kill in the role descriptions. Do you have any reason to think Epi was not civ?
We don't usually assume that when there are two baddie teams though. But even then I sometimes just say RIP without the qualifier when I personally felt the victim was probably civvie (as in the case of Epi)
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

Night 2: Well I Was Walkin' Down the Street Just-a Havin' a Think...

Rachel wasn't done expanding her empire of faith. There was one more person she had her eyes on. A final mind that she wanted to cleanse. She rang her victim up on the cell and with the turn of a phrase, her work was complete for the day. Another soul was saved and another follower was born.

Rachel was far too busy spreading the gospel to notice that one of her most loyal disciples, a brash young boy named Liam, had wandered off.

During the night, Liam stalked a young woman as she went out for a midnight walk. He beckoned to her and asked if she'd like to attend one of Rachel's church gatherings with him. Frightened by Liam's advances, nutella briskly walked past him, pushing him to the side. This triggered an age-old anger inside of Liam. Sadly, he could no longer resist his violent urges. The teenager picked up a rock and threw it at nutella to slow her down. He missed and the stone landed in front of the girl as she started running. Nutella hoped she was free from her pursuer. She looked down into her purse to make a call on her cell phone as her walk turned into a jog. The distraction prevented her from looking at the road ahead. Thus, she tripped over the same rock that Liam threw; it sent her tumbling into the harbor next to the path.

Liam watched the entire scene unfold and walked away callously. With no ladders and a 15 foot drop from the path she once jogged on, nutella had no other option than to swim until someone found her. Unfortunately, not a single person ever did.

Her peers noticed she was missing the next day. The Misfits pondered this. Nutella would never be late to community service. Something was up.

Nutella has been killed by Liam. It is now day. You have 24 hours to lynch a baddie. Seriously. Any baddie will do. Just lynch one.
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

Re: Misfits Mafia (Day 3)

Someone left a bunch of letters again, this time in the locker room. Here's what was written on them:
"My buddy said Keterman told him he's planning something big for everyone. Like a picnic, but more cult-y. Guy creeps me out, I guess it's not just me."
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

nutella wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
We don't usually assume that when there are two baddie teams though. But even then I sometimes just say RIP without the qualifier when I personally felt the victim was probably civvie (as in the case of Epi)
You are right. Usually I am good about typing "iywg" but I forgot about the two bad teams.

RIP iywg Nut! Alright guys...who are we looking at today? We're not doing so well. Maybe we ought to look at some players who don't seem to be around much?
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Littlest one just went down (for a nap) so I am going to reread some people.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

RIP Nutella. A couple of thoughts bouncing around in my head, I'll try to get them all organized and whip up a post or two this weekend, but IDK. Doing a bunch of family stuff this weekend so I could be busy.

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

nooo :(
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

That's a surprise to me (this is becoming a trend lately). Hope you were bad, LA.
Mister Rearranger wrote:
Someone left a bunch of letters again, this time in the locker room. Here's what was written on them:
"My buddy said Keterman told him he's planning something big for everyone. Like a picnic, but more cult-y. Guy creeps me out, I guess it's not just me."
I am a person who tends to disregard the gossip for the most part. I have been wrongly accused by it enough times that i know it is not reliable. I don't see this in the powers, just a lot of secrets. Those who know the show, does this letters thing seem like something one of the baddies roles might do? Becasue while I disagree with some of what he says, Ketterman has not seemed to me to be acting baddieesque. He is an unlikely target for gossip (target switcher shenanigans, maybe?).

Also show knowers, what the gossip actually says, about a cult-y picnic, is that something that might be associated with a baddie role?

Linki :hugs:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

RIPIYWG LA!

I find Elo's fixation on people who aren't around as much to be really odd. Not sure if it's suspicious, but I think I disagree. There could be at least one baddie among the higher posters.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

S~V~S wrote:That's a surprise to me (this is becoming a trend lately). Hope you were bad, LA.
Mister Rearranger wrote:
I am a person who tends to disregard the gossip for the most part. I have been wrongly accused by it enough times that i know it is not reliable. I don't see this in the powers, just a lot of secrets. Those who know the show, does this letters thing seem like something one of the baddies roles might do? Becasue while I disagree with some of what he says, Ketterman has not seemed to me to be acting baddieesque. He is an unlikely target for gossip (target switcher shenanigans, maybe?).

Also show knowers, what the gossip actually says, about a cult-y picnic, is that something that might be associated with a baddie role?

Linki :hugs:
The only thing I can think of in terms of "notes" is that Sally leaves several threatening notes in the locker room of the Misfits telling them that she knows they killed Tony, and some other stuff. So it could be her role leaving these notes.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Reading back this is the second nightpost that has alluded to Rachel getting a recruit? Which leads me to believe the secret portion of her role is just that: two recruits. Taking this into account here is where we could be in terms of civvies/Virtue/Probation Workers

Hedge and Sorsha were both civvies. We don't know who Epi or nutella were.

Scenario 1 - Epi and Nutella were both civvies, which means we are 4 civs down, and both mafia teams are still strong at 2 Probation workers and now 5 Virtues. This would mean out of 12 total players, 7 are mafia and 5 are civs. This puts us in a tough spot because we pretty much HAVE to get a mafia this lynch, otherwise the 5 Virtue members will have majority rule next lynch (assuming Probation workers kill another civ) Hell, even if we lynched a Probation worker, that would put the total number of players to 11, then unless the surviving Probie kills a Virtue, we are still fucked because out of 10 remaining players, the Virtues would have 50% of the vote. Ideally, we need to lynch a member of the Virtue Organization to stop their momentum from kicking us in the ass.

Scenario 2 - At least one of Epi or Nutella was a member of the Probies, and the other was a civvie. Under this scenario, there is only one Probation worker left, so if we lynched the remaining probation worker, the 5 Virtues would be completely in control of the game. No opposing NK to worry about, and 50% control of the votes. Basically, game over.

Scenario 3 - At least One of Epi or Nutella was a member of the Virtue Organization, and the other one was a civvie - This would mean that there are 4 Virtues and 2 Probies, and 6 civvies still alive. In this scenario, if we lynch a member of the Probation Workers, and the surviving Probie kills a civ, Virtue still does not have majority rule (4 to 5 to 1). If we lynch a Virtue and the probies kill a civ, the score would be 5 civs, 2 Probies, 3 Virtues. If we lynch a civ, and the Probies kill a civ, The score is 4-2-4, meaning that the Virtues get the 50%. If we lynch a Probie, and the Probies kill a Virtue, the score is 3-1-6

Scenario 4 - Epi was a member of the Virtue Organization and Nutella was a Probie - I say it like that because Epi was killed by the Probies, and nutella by the Virtue Organization, so unless there was some fuckery, they couldn't be on the opposite teams if that makes sense. Unless their kills were redirected, I mean. Given this scenario, then the score is 1 Probie, 4 Virtues and 8 civvies left. This senario gives us the most breathing room.

--

With that said, going through things in my head, our highest chance of success as a town is I think to try and ferret out these recruits. I'll have more to say on that later.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MovingPictures07 wrote:RIPIYWG LA!

I find Elo's fixation on people who aren't around as much to be really odd. Not sure if it's suspicious, but I think I disagree. There could be at least one baddie among the higher posters.
Are you still looking towards the newer players such as Made, Keterman, and Dana?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

No fixation. I am not saying all the baddies are low posters. I am just saying maybe we ought to talk about the low posters and see what we come up with. But, I am actually going through and rereading everyone right now and writing a little review of my thoughts on each. This is something I like to do in speed games. I like speed games so much better than full games. I feel I can wrap my head around them much more easily. I am about half-way through...post soon to come
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Alright....here it is :) It always helps me as a player to go back and read everyone individually. It is easier for me to get my thoughts together and know my suspicions. Please, chime in and let me know what you think.

Boogs - Eager to be leader Day 0. He talks about voting for SVS on Day 1 (after results came in) not because he thinks she is bad but to save Sorsha because he thought she sounded like a frustrated civ and in his words, "it turned out she was civ afterall". This seems a little forced, like.....see guys, I didn't vote for Sorsha and she turned out to be civ....kudos to me.....I'm civ too, see? See?

Bullzeye - LOTS of filler posts. He does agree with me on boogs. H said, "That said, I find it very suspicious that Boogs claimed he tried to help Sorsha when he didn't really do anything of the sort."

Canucklehead - talks a lot about her game play and not a lot about who she suspects.

Dana - Has posted three times since Day 0, two of which said very little. The most helpful thing she has said was that she thought the case on SVS wasn't as strong as it used to be.

DharmaHelper - Has seemed quite civ to me from Day 0. He remained rational through the silliness about cats, dogs, horses and all the campainging for leader. Overall I believe he has behaved like a helpful civ.

Keterman - missed a lot of votes :/ All lynch votes maybe? Hmm... This is a bit concerning. Maybe Keterman comes from a different site where vote missing is done intentionally and it is okay. Not sure. Other than that...not sure what to say, hard to read.

Made - Searching for a post by Made (so I can then click "in topic") is not so much fun. People say "made" a lot! I am not really sure what to say of Made. He/She's hard to read through all the gangster talk :p I'd like to knwo why she is a top pick for civviness in Keternan's perspective.

MovingPictures - Busy. Busy. Busy. I don't think he is bad....but if he is, I'd hate to be his partner.

nijuukyugou - Hasn't said a WHOLE bunch, but no particular pings so far. I really don't know what else to say concerning Niju.

Roxy - Roxy has been pretty helpful this game IMO. She brought up what I just said about boogs at the top of my post as well. Why didn't I catch this before? I am definitely leanign towards a boogs vote today.

SVS - It was odd that she voted so quickly for Sorsha on Day 0. She then voted to lynch Sorsha (who turned out good) and voted for Hedgeowl (if I remember correctly) who turned out good).
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DharmaHelper wrote:

Are you still looking towards the newer players such as Made, Keterman, and Dana?
I don't know, lol, I just feel it's statistically likely at least one of them is bad and we haven't really been talking about them (at least, Made and Dana).

How are you reading them?

Elohcin wrote:

No fixation. I am not saying all the baddies are low posters. I am just saying maybe we ought to talk about the low posters and see what we come up with. But, I am actually going through and rereading everyone right now and writing a little review of my thoughts on each. This is something I like to do in speed games. I like speed games so much better than full games. I feel I can wrap my head around them much more easily. I am about half-way through...post soon to come
Oh, that makes sense, I get more of what you're saying now.

I'm the opposite, I always like full games better; I always feel more lost in speed games, but somehow I tend to win more speed games. :p

I still feel I'm reading too many people as civvie-leaning.

Look forward to your thoughts!

Linki LOL nevermind, there they are.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Elo, are you most leaning towards Boogs?

I still don't see it, but maybe I'm totally off the mark, lol.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Elo, are you most leaning towards Boogs?

I still don't see it, but maybe I'm totally off the mark, lol.
Yes, at this point I am. I can't believe I missed that whole post from him before. It just seems like he was reaching and trying way too hard to look civ when no one was even going after him at the time. I want to hear form others about it though....Roxy and Bullz caught it.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Eloh, since you just reread, you will recall that I voted for Sorsha for 2 reasons; first to save myself, and second, becasue she had quit. A self vote means she was not coming back. Had she been in there fighting as well, i would not have voted for her, even to save. I did not think she was bad, but she was not playing anymore, and i was.

And yeah, i thought Hedge was more likely to be bad. It isn't like anyone knows who is and is not bad, like in a one baddie team game. So voting for civs is not quite as heinous as it is in a game with one bad team only.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I'm not calling it heinous. I was just rereading and stating facts and my opinion of the facts. That is all.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

No, I did not think you did. I just mean in a one mafia team game, repeatedly voting for civs is a pretty sure tell, lol.

I kinda really thought Nutella was bad with 2 other people, but since she was killed by the 3 person team, not the two, i doubt that. Although I guess it is possible that she was bad on the two person team, but I just don't see that.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 44
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

My apologies for the low posting. Quite an interesting game so far. A belated RIP Hedge, and RIPIYWG nutella.

Interesting points brought up about several people. My feelings haven't changed much about Canuck, in that although SHE ( :) ) has been defending herself, it's really the same points rehashed with nothing new. Eloh makes a good point - a lot of discussion of gameplay, but not a lot of discussion of her suspicions.

I'll have to re-read Boogs; to me, his Sorsha "save" aftermath reads a bit forced, but he could have been genuinely trying to save her. Could have. Maybe.

And sure, it might be hypocritical, seeing as I tend to be quiet, but I'd like to see more from Dana and Made (even if Made is literally hard to read. Like, I'm having trouble deciphering his thoughts through the jargon).

And now, Blooper is going to learn to sew! I hope the tentacles don't get in the way too much :huh:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

In the style of Eloh, here are my thoughts on everyone so far

Boogs - I don't dig his whole "I tried to save Sorsha, the civ" routine. As many are saying, it seems rather insincere and forced. He was also throwing out a lot of ideas early on, which to me could be him throwing up smoke screens to keep everyone thinking about the wrong sorts of things. He also No-U'd Roxy, whom I think is one of the most civ people so far.

Bullzeye Seems genuine, is participating well, and the only baddie ping I'm getting is when I read back he seemed to actively push attention towards Sorsha, but that whole lynch was a clusterfuck so I don't know.

Canucklehead - The whole deal about calling out Roxy based on false info is pingy. I am wary of people who don't do a lot of fact checking when they're building cases, because to me that speaks to not caring about the facts, and just wanting to put a case out to look civ. In this particular case, it looks clumsy and she got caught doing it, and the whole "lol I'm such a goof" routine may not be above board. IDK.

Dana - Quiet, under the radar, and tough to get a handle on.

DharmaHelper - Civ as fuck yo

Elohcin - Admittedly one of the most difficult people for me to read. Seems to be eying SVS a few times, but dropped that and voted for Canuck. I like her most recent run-down post and she makes some good points.

Keterman - Tough to get a read one way or another on this guy because it seems like his flavor of mafia is far different from what I'm used to. I feel like we're on two separate wavelengths and until I can find a way to sync us up I just dunno.

Made - Blendy, Could be using the gangster talk as a shield against suspicion.

MovingPictures07 - He's been too absent for me to get a confident read on, but from what I can see I'm not sold on his civvieness. He seems to wibble and wobble from suspect to suspect, and I'd like to see a more confident MP.

nijuukyugou - Again, falls into that "I have no fucking clue" category. Her(?) suspicion of Canuck seems reasonable enough.

Roxy - She has her head on straight and is putting a good effort out. I don't see her as being mafia at this point.

S~V~S - Literally the hardest person in the world for me to read. I usually can find a half dozen suspicious things to point out about her, but this game she seems to me at least to be on the up and up. For now.

So my top suspects, given my refresher on things, would be Boogs, Canuck, Made, And perhaps at a very distant distant 4th and 5th, MP and Dana. The new guys/girls are a giant question mark for me. It feels like my first game ever, all those new faces with no reads/tells I recognize and can point out one way or another. If, as MP postulates, one of them (Made, Keterman, nintendojumanji, Dana) is mafia, thats bad news for me because they're such chameleons I just can't put the case together.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

nijuukyugou wrote:
My feelings haven't changed much about Canuck, in that although SHE ( :) ) has been defending herself, it's really the same points rehashed with nothing new. Eloh makes a good point - a lot of discussion of gameplay, but not a lot of discussion of her suspicions.
What "new" material would you like me to add? What "new" points would you like me to make? :huh:

I'm mean, I'm always happy to start inventing shit and making stuff up to keep it interesting for you, but usually when I'm providing explanations to multiple people for the same event, I'm not really focused on keeping it fresh......I'm pretty sure that's called lying and is generally frowned upon in polite society. :srsnod:
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 297
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
we haven't really been talking about them (at least, Made and Dana).
I got you dawg, what you wanna know? i'm a pretty easy read :rolleyes:

You too DH. Hmu.
Pov: you reading my takes

Return to “Previous Side Missions”