Moderator: Community Team

Moghedien
Posts in topic: 4
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
Aka: The Spider

An Original Fiction Game

Post by Moghedien »

Stay awhile, and listen...

Allow me to introduce myself: I'm Moghedien, and I specialize in hosting role madness games. I started hosting in 2013, and since then I've hosted more than twenty unique and original role madness games across various different websites. I am excited to finally bring one of my games to a dedicated mafia community.

Roles: All roles will be custom-made.

Format: This will be a closed setup role madness game. This will not be a bastard game as I understand it, but the definition of bastard may be different than I'm used to here.

Phases: All phases will be 24 hours.

Players: I only need 30 players. I would prefer up to forty players, but thirty is the minimum.

Factions

There are three town subfactions, and one mafia faction. They are as follows:

The Tribunal is the town's governmental and legislative body. Many different kinds of people such as artisans, soldiers, servants, and politicians are employed by the Tribunal. The Tribunal is responsible for the town's safety and welfare.

The House of Summer Skies is a community dedicated to the worship of their benevolent patron deity, the Radiant God. This mysterious being is associated with the harvest, fair weather, health and healing, and personal virtue. Members of the House are rumored to perform miracles that stave off famine, sickness and crime.

The Mages Guild is sanctioned by the Tribunal to study dangerous and erratic spells which are forbidden to everyone else. It is famously said that a wise person steps wide of any mage in their path. Those few sorcerers who possess the intellect, courage and luck to advance in their studies may become frighteningly powerful.

The Cult of the Starry Night is an underground syndicate dedicated to the worship of their twisted patron deity, the Starry-Eyed God. Little is known about the Cult, or the terrible power they wield. In mafia terms, this sect is a cult in name only; they will be your mafia faction for this game.

@JaggedJimmyJay please let me know if this is good, or if you need any more information about my game. :hugs:
"My way is best. Softly, softly, in the shadows.'"
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: An Original Fiction Game

Post by nutella »

sounds cooool
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Looks good to me @Moghedien. I always appreciate original themes. One thing to be conscious of is that sometimes it can be a struggle to reach 30 players. Recently we’ve managed some larger games in the vicinity of 25, but this is something that fluctuates quite a lot over time. When this one comes up in the queue, it’s hard to say how that will look. It may be prudent to conceive of an alternate form of the game that calls for 20 instead just in case.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Moghedien

Post by Moghedien »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:24 pm Looks good to me @Moghedien. I always appreciate original themes. One thing to be conscious of is that sometimes it can be a struggle to reach 30 players. Recently we’ve managed some larger games in the vicinity of 25, but this is something that fluctuates quite a lot over time. When this one comes up in the queue, it’s hard to say how that will look. It may be prudent to conceive of an alternate form of the game that calls for 20 instead just in case.
Alright, I'll think about that. I come equipped with some of my own players from other sites, too. :keys:

Judging by the queue, when should I expect my game to run?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Moghedien wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:10 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:24 pm Looks good to me @Moghedien. I always appreciate original themes. One thing to be conscious of is that sometimes it can be a struggle to reach 30 players. Recently we’ve managed some larger games in the vicinity of 25, but this is something that fluctuates quite a lot over time. When this one comes up in the queue, it’s hard to say how that will look. It may be prudent to conceive of an alternate form of the game that calls for 20 instead just in case.
Alright, I'll think about that. I come equipped with some of my own players from other sites, too. :keys:

Judging by the queue, when should I expect my game to run?
That's tough to say! Ideally if we can continue to run two standard game sign-ups at a time, it will accelerate matters a bit. I think it would be fair to guess though that it could be as long as a year. I understand if that sounds crazy; this is definitely our slowest-moving queue. The alternative would be a racket, which can be the same thing with a post count limitation instilled -- but 30 players would be even more difficult to attain there.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

If this host is hot to trot, I will vacate my place so that the new host can get going sooner.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Long Con
So Divine
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I'm in, I also love hosting original fiction games, so I'm eager to see more from this one and steal cool ideas. :haha:
Moghedien

Post by Moghedien »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:58 pm If this host is hot to trot, I will vacate my place so that the new host can get going sooner.
Thank you, that's very kind of you. If we did that, then when would my game run?
Long Con wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:58 pm I'm in, I also love hosting original fiction games, so I'm eager to see more from this one and steal cool ideas. :haha:
All my ideas are booby trapped. Try stealing them at your own risk. :dark:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I went ahead and moved myself down the queue as well. I'm in no hurry to host another big game. This leaves 9 or 10 games currently ahead of yours, @Moghedien. An optimistic estimate would be about one month per game (if sign-ups are reasonably smooth and the site can stay active through summer). If so that'd set the game up for January or February. It's also possible some hosts ahead of you will pass given time constraints which could make it sooner. It's all very hard to judge though.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Moghedien

Post by Moghedien »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:30 am I went ahead and moved myself down the queue as well. I'm in no hurry to host another big game. This leaves 9 or 10 games currently ahead of yours, @Moghedien. An optimistic estimate would be about one month per game (if sign-ups are reasonably smooth and the site can stay active through summer). If so that'd set the game up for January or February. It's also possible some hosts ahead of you will pass given time constraints which could make it sooner. It's all very hard to judge though.
That's very kind of you both. I was worried at first that Epignosis meant I would simply take his place in the queue, which seems to be coming up very soon, and I won't be ready to host this game for at least another couple of months. I don't mind the wait, really; I'm happy to sit with this game for a long time and keep revising it until I feel like it's perfect. That said, it won't actually take me an entire year to do that, so I really appreciate you all trying to knock a few months off the wait time. :hugs: I'm going to host a few Rackets in the meantime.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I'll figure it out

Return to “Mafia Game Submission Archive”