Aw Jeez (Host/Dead/Non)
82%

Total votes: 22
Gavial
Made Man
Posts in topic: 60

Re: Fargo Mafia [DAY 3]

Post by Gavial »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:36 pm there are 229 characters in the fargo TV show, apparently https://fargo.fandom.com/wiki/Category: ... characters

if we live in a world where marmot did not have a fake claim to use, or chose to use a random character instead, then it is incredibly coincidental that he happened to use the same highly specific fakeclaim as Gavial.

there could exist a world where a wolf was informed about a role in this game being Chief Gibson and wanting to fish the role out, but there is nothing about Gavial's role claim that would necessitate the wolves needing that role to be outed
That’s why I think they gain a benefit upon my death.
Pretty sure if that is the case and I’m not yeeted today I’m probably NK’ed tonight anyway, so it’s whatever.
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 1748
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:36 pm there are 229 characters in the fargo TV show, apparently https://fargo.fandom.com/wiki/Category: ... characters

if we live in a world where marmot did not have a fake claim to use, or chose to use a random character instead, then it is incredibly coincidental that he happened to use the same highly specific fakeclaim as Gavial.

there could exist a world where a wolf was informed about a role in this game being Chief Gibson and wanting to fish the role out, but there is nothing about Gavial's role claim that would necessitate the wolves needing that role to be outed
yeah i really don’t see a way around lunching him. if he’s a villager it’s just a terrible coincidence. nothing we can do about it really. we have play the odds and odds are he’s just a wolf
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Join a game with the most confusing situation I’ve ever seen.
Whatever.
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 330

Post by Oddmerta »

[VOTE: Gavial] aubergine
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

Gavial wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:38 pm Join a game with the most confusing situation I’ve ever seen.
Whatever.
Sorry dude
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 570
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:38 pm

yeah i really don’t see a way around lunching him. if he’s a villager it’s just a terrible coincidence. nothing we can do about it really. we have play the odds and odds are he’s just a wolf
i don't disagree - the mechanics point plainly to him being a wolf and the most simple explanation is that he is just a wolf

this game is wack, though
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Gavial wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:38 pm

That’s why I think they gain a benefit upon my death.
Pretty sure if that is the case and I’m not yeeted today I’m probably NK’ed tonight anyway, so it’s whatever.
if your character is extremely minor as oddmerta says it seems unlikely wolves would gain anything significant from killing you. that sounds like a mechanic that might come into play for main characters not minor ones
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

We can all take a pseudo break, exe is set and no actions tonight
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Gavial wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:38 pm Join a game with the most confusing situation I’ve ever seen.
Whatever.
sorry friend, i don’t imagine this is fun for you. i appreciate you subbing in though
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Is marmot the only scum that died?
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:41 pm
Whatever.
sorry friend, i don’t imagine this is fun for you. i appreciate you subbing in though
:mafia:
I hope town wins.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Gavial wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:42 pm Is marmot the only scum that died?
that we know of, yes. we suspect al_sama was also a wolf but their flip was redacted so we don’t know for sure
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Gavial wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:18 pm I’m Chief Gibson, the hip hop pity friendly chief that invites peeps to the kitchen. I go big boy cape when I no invite and makes me super durable. (Bulletproof)
I can roleblock or Check a friendly kitchen mate of min that I grabbed.
@Oddmerta does this sound like a role chief gibson would have? does be have anything to do with a kitchen or a cape?
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:46 pm
Gavial wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:18 pm I’m Chief Gibson, the hip hop pity friendly chief that invites peeps to the kitchen. I go big boy cape when I no invite and makes me super durable. (Bulletproof)
@Oddmerta does this sound like a role chief gibson would have? does be have anything to do with a kitchen or a cape?
It does not
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Oddmerta wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:47 pm
It does not
does it sound like a role another character would have?
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 672
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

Oddmerta wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:21 pm @Esooa who did you target?
why
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i think that michelle is a villager. i think that hally is a villager. i think that alison is a villager. i think that nanook, pending Gavial being a wolf, is probably a villager as well (although that feels deeply weird to say)

^^i think there are mechanical reasons to believe that all of these players are villagers, although the nanook one is dependent on a Gavial scumflip, and there can theoretically exist a world where any of these players are wolves

but if i assume that all of these players are villagers, that leaves me with:

falcon, oddmerta, esooa, strawhenge, KZA, long con, fingersplints, JPIC, BoKnows

here are my thoughts on all of those slots: (this turned more into a trustfall by the end)

falcon: i think that falcon has been more villagery than not even if i am lacking in reasons to consider him a hard villager. more importantly, there is nothing about falcon that i find outright suspicious beyond some shenanigans with his vote patterns at the end of d2. i also feel that the way he's approached this game more generally would fit well with the strategy of someone who wanted to lead the town in an incorrect direction. he is plausibly a wolf, but there is not a strong amount of evidence indicating that he is

oddmerta: oddmerta pushed on sloonei in a way that feels mildly villagery, although i am still lacking in reasons to strongly consider him a villager. he is similar to falcon in my mind, in that it would make "sense" for him to be a wolf, but there is nothing that compels me to particularly feel that way

esooa: esooa has a claim that many have taken as an indication that she should be considered clear. i think that esooa has been villagery, but i am skeptical about the authenticity of her claim. i don't have to stretch particularly hard to see her as a wolf

strawhenge: strawhenge has been consistently villagery and had an incredibly strong start to the game in spite of this being his first game in a while after a longer absence. jaggedjimmyjay and sloonei both felt confident that this slot was a villager. i have primarily liked strawhenge's posting a lot. this one requires a deeper examination, but i have primarily good feelings about strawhenge

KZA: i do not have any particularly strong reasons to townread KZA beyond mechanics - i feel that he is unlikely to be teamed with marmot, but that he fits as a distinct possibility as a wolf on The Other Team. i can not name any reasons to clear him.

long con: long con had a fairly villagery attitude toward sloonei at the end of d2. i thought the way he outed his mechanical information today was mildly villagery as well. the rest of his game is fairly lukewarm to me

fingersplints: fingersplints has a strong tone, but that's most of what she has going for her. i recall that she dropped some analysis earlier in the day that i liked as well. not my first pick for a wolf even if it is plausible

JPIC: the way that JPIC outed his mechanical information about Nanook was villagery, even though JPIC having that information does not necessarily make him a villager. JPIC has been significantly townier than the one wolf game i saw him play

BoKnows: BoKnows has exhibited a level of comfort in the thread that i find it difficult to imagine a wolf faking - he seems to be out of his wolfrange and he has consistently provided villagery thoughts
staypositivefriend
Hitman

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:53 pm i think that michelle is a villager. i think that hally is a villager. i think that alison is a villager. i think that nanook, pending Gavial being a wolf, is probably a villager as well (although that feels deeply weird to say)

^^i think there are mechanical reasons to believe that all of these players are villagers, although the nanook one is dependent on a Gavial scumflip, and there can theoretically exist a world where any of these players are wolves

but if i assume that all of these players are villagers, that leaves me with:

falcon, oddmerta, esooa, strawhenge, KZA, long con, fingersplints, JPIC, BoKnows

here are my thoughts on all of those slots: (this turned more into a trustfall by the end)

falcon: i think that falcon has been more villagery than not even if i am lacking in reasons to consider him a hard villager. more importantly, there is nothing about falcon that i find outright suspicious beyond some shenanigans with his vote patterns at the end of d2. i also feel that the way he's approached this game more generally would fit well with the strategy of someone who wanted to lead the town in an incorrect direction. he is plausibly a wolf, but there is not a strong amount of evidence indicating that he is

oddmerta: oddmerta pushed on sloonei in a way that feels mildly villagery, although i am still lacking in reasons to strongly consider him a villager. he is similar to falcon in my mind, in that it would make "sense" for him to be a wolf, but there is nothing that compels me to particularly feel that way

esooa: esooa has a claim that many have taken as an indication that she should be considered clear. i think that esooa has been villagery, but i am skeptical about the authenticity of her claim. i don't have to stretch particularly hard to see her as a wolf

strawhenge: strawhenge has been consistently villagery and had an incredibly strong start to the game in spite of this being his first game in a while after a longer absence. jaggedjimmyjay and sloonei both felt confident that this slot was a villager. i have primarily liked strawhenge's posting a lot. this one requires a deeper examination, but i have primarily good feelings about strawhenge

KZA: i do not have any particularly strong reasons to townread KZA beyond mechanics - i feel that he is unlikely to be teamed with marmot, but that he fits as a distinct possibility as a wolf on The Other Team. i can not name any reasons to clear him.

long con: long con had a fairly villagery attitude toward sloonei at the end of d2. i thought the way he outed his mechanical information today was mildly villagery as well. the rest of his game is fairly lukewarm to me

fingersplints: fingersplints has a strong tone, but that's most of what she has going for her. i recall that she dropped some analysis earlier in the day that i liked as well. not my first pick for a wolf even if it is plausible

JPIC: the way that JPIC outed his mechanical information about Nanook was villagery, even though JPIC having that information does not necessarily make him a villager. JPIC has been significantly townier than the one wolf game i saw him play

BoKnows: BoKnows has exhibited a level of comfort in the thread that i find it difficult to imagine a wolf faking - he seems to be out of his wolfrange and he has consistently provided villagery thoughts
a pattern emerges when i look at this list - a whole lot of names that i can squint at and say "yeah, this person might be a wolf", but for whom i do not have a particularly good case against

i do not like this, and i would like to change it. i'm not totally sure where to start
staypositivefriend
Hitman

chief gibson's character has nothing to do with kitchens as far as i can tell - is it possible that Gavial mixed up "chef" and "chief"? Lol
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:55 pm
chief gibson's character has nothing to do with kitchens as far as i can tell - is it possible that Gavial mixed up "chef" and "chief"? Lol
that was my thought. the role description he gave sounds completely made up honestly
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

here’s a picture of chief gibson. as you can see, he doesn’t have a cape
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

I indeed do not see a cape
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

https://fargo.fandom.com/wiki/Gibson

or well, just click this link
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

thank you for the demonstration hally
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 678

Post by Alison »

Why wouldn't Gavial use his own fakeclaim? Unless nova didn't give him one?
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Esooa wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:59 pm I indeed do not see a cape
my point exactly :p
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

Esooa wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:51 pm
why
I want to know something so I can claim something, nothing against you
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

there's a possibility gavial had no one to ask about claims cause they're all dead
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Oddmerta wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:59 pm
why
seems like a weird bit of info but not that I care

I didn't visit anyone
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Alison wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:59 pm Why wouldn't Gavial use his own fakeclaim? Unless nova didn't give him one?
i imagine each wolf team was given a list of potential fake claims as opposed to them each being assigned one. he probably just picked the first one on the list
Alison

Post by Alison »

I just remembered Gavial was the same person that yolo outed himself as the sender of an extremely scummy message and then swapped fakeclaims with another mafia member for no reason which caused that mafia member's claim to be put in doubt.

So yeah it seems in character for him to yolo claim randomly.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Alison wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:00 pm I just remembered Gavial was the same person that yolo outed himself as the sender of an extremely scummy message and then swapped fakeclaims with another mafia member for no reason which caused that mafia member's claim to be put in doubt.

what? who is gavial
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

Esooa wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:00 pm
why

I didn't visit anyone
@Alison what is my mech? Tell everyone now because I'm about to
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

his claim really makes no sense. it seems to have absolutely nothing to do with the character

i’m just going to consider him outed and move on with my life
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

@Alison
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Esooa wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:01 pm
Alison wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:00 pm I just remembered Gavial was the same person that yolo outed himself as the sender of an extremely scummy message and then swapped fakeclaims with another mafia member for no reason which caused that mafia member's claim to be put in doubt.

what? who is gavial
chopchop
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:02 pm
Esooa wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:01 pm

what? who is gavial
chopchop
oh worm
Alison

Post by Alison »

Oddmerta wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:02 pm
why

I didn't visit anyone
trooper milch copies failed actions made on someone
Alison

Post by Alison »

making up a fake roleclaim that has to do with a chef when you tried to fakeclaim chief is probably going to win a socky.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Alison wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:04 pm
why

I didn't visit anyone
what? that’s what kza claimed
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 326

Post by falcon45ca »

[VOTE: VOTE GAVIAL] aubergine
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

Alison wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:04 pm
why

I didn't visit anyone
That is 100% wrong, Trooper Milch is a busdriver
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Alison wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:04 pm making up a fake roleclaim that has to do with a chef when you tried to fakeclaim chief is probably going to win a socky.
it’s pretty great yeah
staypositivefriend
Hitman

[VOTE: Alison] aubergine
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

alison i think you mixed up kza and odd’s roles
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:06 pm [VOTE: Alison] aubergine
why?
BoKnows
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 1034
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by BoKnows »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:06 pm [VOTE: Alison] aubergine
this seems a little rash
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

I've been swapping Alison with Sloonei both nights trying to get Sloonei killed because I thought he was wolf and Alison would.be NK

N1 Esooa apparently targeted Alison with a roleblock all visitors, N2 we have a dead Sloonei and living Alison, Esooa claims no involvement
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Oddmerta wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:08 pm I've been swapping Alison with Sloonei both nights trying to get Sloonei killed because I thought he was wolf and Alison would.be NK

N1 Esooa apparently targeted Alison with a roleblock all visitors, N2 we have a dead Sloonei and living Alison, Esooa claims no involvement
LOL you were actually trying to kill sloonei

incredible
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

that’s hilarious