82%

Total votes: 22
BoKnows
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 1034
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Fargo Mafia [DAY 4]

Post by BoKnows »

Oddmerta wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:09 pm Strawhenge and Long Con are way too invested in this esooa chop
Who do u reccommend?
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 330

Post by Oddmerta »

BoKnows wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:11 pm
Oddmerta wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:09 pm Strawhenge and Long Con are way too invested in this esooa chop
Who do u reccommend?
Strawhenge yeet would be pretty spicy
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

Oddmerta wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:16 pm
Who do u reccommend?
That would be spicy. Idk if I'm in the mood for spicy tonight. I wouldn't mind keeping it in my top 3 (JPIC, LC, and Falc).
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 557
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Hally wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:12 pm i think lunching esooa is kinda dumb

it seems like y’all are voting her more out of annoyance or incredulity at her claim than because there’s a legitimate reason to think she’s a wolf
Not really. I think the claim is fake, and is intended to prevent a) her yeet, and b) the other team trying to kill her. What part of that is not a brilliant idea to use as a wolf??
fingersplints wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:13 pm Response to @Long Con
Spoiler: show
Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:17 am Just looking at fingersplints' ISO to see what I think.
fingersplints wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:20 am
BoKnows wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:46 am 1) Nanook JPIC
2) Long Con
3) Falcon

Nanook isn't fully clear in my mind. Is there a chance Nook is in the other team and has a vig shot?
I guess there is always a chance but it feels really unlikely to me. There has been a lot of kills each night, I feel like the town would need a kill to balance it out. Also, if nanook was wolf why would he go for Dom with his extra kill and not try to get one of the confirmed town? I’ve been leaning town on nanook for a while so I trust this
This might be a fingersplints wolf believing Nanook is truly town.
fingersplints wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:17 pm I’ve never seen a role that can’t be lynched, can’t be night killed, can’t vote, and can protect people. Seems unbelievably overpowered.
If fingersplints is a wolf, Esooa isn't on her team.
fingersplints wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:13 pmI need to read more thoroughly. XD These role mechanics are too confusing for me.
fingersplints wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:38 pmThis games mechanics are just going over my head.
Maybe true, but the insistence upon appearing as this type of innocence feels a little like a wolfy shield.
fingersplints wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:01 pm @Sloonei

Speculating bad based on role and team just isn’t my thing unless there are obvious reasons for me to think it. My scum hunting tactics have always been quite unconventional in that manner. I used to play in games where you’d generally be given a list of all the roles from the host in the beginning, and people would find it odd because I wouldn’t read the roles for days. I remember one game where I got suspicion for not knowing the town win condition, but I was town
It’s why you’ll hear me say time and time again that I’m more comfortable in smaller games with more standard role mechanics, or I’ll play if I absolutely love the theme. This game was a bit of a weird one for me to choose because it ticks none of those things I just mentioned. If you want to know the actual reason, I mentioned it in signups https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewt ... 36#p756636
:suspish: :disappoint: :sigh:

I’ve already said my thoughts haven’t changed, but let’s talk more
Anyways, I know you have disagreed with this take, but I still think TSP is Marmot’s teammate based on early comments made. Anything later on I think could have been attempts at distancing. It’s probably stubborn headless, but I can’t get over it.

I think some valid points have been made for the ted connection to marmot, so I could see this as another possibility. I don’t want to be accused of copying again, so I’m just being honest here that it’s in no way my idea but I think it’s got merit.

The rest on the last PoE I listed (al, LC, maybe Dom) have potential scummy behaviour that I don’t identify to any team. Dom’s still included here because he’s such a big question mark that I don’t want to forget about him and give him a free pass.

I know I still have some neutrals, but tbh I feel comfortable not having made up my mind on everyone yet. I don’t play like that. I have a few main suspects to focus on and that is enough for me. I am open minded enough to allow for thinking about others, but I don’t feel like I need to be pressured to decide about them now.
Debated on including this one just for the fact that she pushed on two townfolk here, because that happens. But I couldn't resist highlighting the small Player Salad she employed, yes, it is a real tell. Two town members and AL_sama, who's probably just on KC and not fingersplints' team, Gerhardt.

Also, she treated TSP as her personal suspicion project ALMOST to the exclusion of other suspicions until he died.
fingersplints wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:44 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:33 pm
fingersplints wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:31 pm @Sloonei I love the
“Me:
Me”

section :haha:

I definitely agree with the talk that Falcon needs revisiting. I remember thinking they were town early on, but I’m not sure that it’s a good enough reason with the recent flip and their latest activity. (Changing votes while not wanting to answer why)
His lack of an explanation upon request is not a great look either.

If you had to crunch the game down into a 5-player pool of suspects, who would they be?
If I were to crunch the player list to the “least townie” 5 I’d probably end up with Al, Dom, LC, jpic, and maybe Falcon.
But I’m having a hard time picking just 5. Being wrong about tsp is making me question a lot. I still don’t have a great read on spf. I’m less confident on town lean for Bo. I don’t know if we can trust the claims for Odd and KZA. And what if I’m just stupid and wrong in my town read of nanook.
:sigh:
This time, she opted for the Large Player Salad.

Blah. Done with ISO. Suspicion rekindled. [VOTE: fingersplints] aubergine
You’ve been playing with me for a long time. You know better than anyone here that mechanics aren’t my thing. This game is very complicated. I can’t prove anything now with that other than saying you know better, so I’ll reiterate it after the game for good measure. Not much I can really say about this. Although I doubt I’ll ever play such a complicated game again, so it probably won’t come up as reason for suspicion. Kind of a lame response, but I think this is kind of a lame accusation anyways :p

Now to the “salad”...The large player salad is me listing five players directly replying to Sloonei asking for five players. I really can’t see how that is so incriminating. Maybe I don’t really understand the whole salad thing, because I don’t see how what you are accusing me of is any different then people having PoE. It’s just a group of suspects :shrug:

Out of curiosity, how many players do you think are on each team?
I think there are three on each team.

Salad formation includes the ", and maybe". That's an important part.

I don't care how much mechanics isn't your thing. I care how much you lean into that in order to parlay some towncred.
Hally wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:17 pm do you really think a wolf just sits in the thread like “neener neener you can’t kill me!” and pretty much dares people to try to vote them out? that’s just dumb

i think the only way for esooa to be a wolf is if she’s a role like dom’s that has multiple lives

otherwise she just is what she says she is, and i believe that’s the case because of how she claimed and how she tried to give cover by saying she’d protect michelle (WHICH THE WOLVES CLEARLY BELIEVED OR ELSE MICHELLE WOULD BE DEAD) and how her claim makes perfect sense with her flavor
Maybe. Maybe not. :shrug: Maybe the other wolf team thought her claim was true, and her wolf team didn't kill Michelle because it would prove her claim false. I'm sure there are other reasonable reasons why that we could come up with with a little bit of analysis and thought.
falcon45ca wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:22 pm I guess I'll be the ole' man on the porch, yellin' at you young whipper snappers & your mechanics, & just do it old skool & lynch a red check
This might be the best choice as well. The GoC vibes are getting stronger as Alison gets more detached.
Hally wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:23 pm seriously guys, think about this

why is michelle still alive if esooa is a wolf?

esooa publicly said she was protecting michelle, the claimed cop who any wolf team would absolutely shoot, and then michelle didn’t die!

the only reason michelle wouldn’t be killed ASAP is because wolves believed esooa and thought they couldn’t kill michelle so they went for her peek ted instead

if esooa is a wolf she already knows she isn’t protecting michelle because she’s a wolf, so esooa would be free to kill michelle and michelle would already be dead
Or Esooa left Michelle alive to try and take out the other team. Or maybe Esooa is on a team with a role that can mess with Michelle's checks, making her an asset to them.
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 678
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:57 am It looks like Ben Schmidt should be a trooper from flavor yeah? Someone correct me if im wrong
There's no Trooper Schmidt.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Alison wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:20 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:57 am It looks like Ben Schmidt should be a trooper from flavor yeah? Someone correct me if im wrong
There's no Trooper Schmidt.
Is there a Trooper Lou Solverson?
Alison

Post by Alison »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:27 pm @Alison please out lou solversons full role
You arent a trooper
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 721
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

Oddmerta wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:16 pm
Who do u reccommend?
Sloonei TR Strawhenge iirc, so i disagree with your spicy take

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Esooa's reaction seems townie enough.

The last two troopers are bowden and lutz
Alison

Post by Alison »

I agree that LC trying to get Esooa exed is scummy af
KZA
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 669
Preferred Pronouns: Any
Aka: KZA

Post by KZA »

LC is mafia and sensed a chance to take over the thread. Vote him.
KZA
Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am eating an entire sandwich is not that hard
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

KZA wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:25 pm LC is mafia and sensed a chance to take over the thread. Vote him.
Why do you TR Esooa? Why Esooa TRs you?

BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

UNVOTE
Alison

Post by Alison »

KZA wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:25 pm LC is mafia and sensed a chance to take over the thread. Vote him.
seems about right, all townies are giving less of a fuck due to mech and he makes a big wall post asking us to vote town

[VOTE: Long Con] aubergine
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 570

Post by staypositivefriend »

something is incredibly off about this game but im having trouble putting my finger on what. something isn't right
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i doubt that esooa is mafia but i'm also doubtful that long con is mafia as well (even though i would vote for long con over esooa at this point in the game) - i am mildly interested in pursuing a world where falcon/alison/strawhenge contains at least one wolf, because i think it does
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

[VOTE: Long Con] aubergine

Happy to vote within my PoE
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

LOL bring it.

Everyone stops giving a fuck about the game, and when I try to get some fresh solving angles, it's scummy. Fine. I won't be sad to go from a game in this condition.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

can everyone in this game please name their three strongest townreads, and their preferred chop option today?
KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

Michelle wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:26 pm
Why do you TR Esooa? Why Esooa TRs you?
Shes was solving genuinely early on and I believe her claim. She has been lower on energy lately but so have a lot of people.

Esooa never reads me wrong so I guess she TRs me for meta/tonal reasons
KZA
Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am eating an entire sandwich is not that hard
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

1. Hally
2. Michelle
3. Alison

Preferred chop: Anyone in my pool of 3 (JPIC, LC, and falc).
staypositivefriend
Hitman

BoKnows wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:32 pm 1. Hally
2. Michelle
3. Alison

which of those three do you think has the highest chance of being mafia?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:30 pm can everyone in this game please name their three strongest townreads, and their preferred chop option today?
Hally, Michelle, Nanook.

I'd prefer to chop Esooa based on her fake roleclaim. Or Alison, who is redchecked and is probably bad.

So many other fine choices to chop as well. KZA, fingersplints, Oddmerta, all look scummy.

Why do we trust JPIC? Because he did a track? Hell, I can track, what are the chances of two town trackers?
KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:33 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:30 pm can everyone in this game please name their three strongest townreads, and their preferred chop option today?
Hally, Michelle, Nanook.

I'd prefer to chop Esooa based on her fake roleclaim. Or Alison, who is redchecked and is probably bad.

So many other fine choices to chop as well. KZA, fingersplints, Oddmerta, all look scummy.

Why do we trust JPIC? Because he did a track? Hell, I can track, what are the chances of two town trackers?
Well that's another wrench in the works huh
KZA
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:33 pm
2. Michelle
3. Alison

Long, he's been on my radar the longest out of the three.
KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

@Long Con why are Alison and Esooa's claims fake but BK and Falcon's claims aren't
KZA
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

No one answers at my question regarding Odd's role who also is not a towny one

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

BoKnows wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:34 pm
2. Michelle
3. Alison

Son, I've been on the radar for my entire Mafia career.
KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

Michelle wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:38 pm No one answers at my question regarding Odd's role who also is not a towny one
Town busdrivers exist
KZA
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

LC if you can track, claim actions please

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Michelle wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:38 pm Why is logic for town to have the role that Odd claimed?
Busdriver can be town or it can be wolf. I don't know any logic that says it should be town.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

KZA wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:39 pm
Michelle wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:38 pm No one answers at my question regarding Odd's role who also is not a towny one
Town busdrivers exist
Wasn't Sloonei a town busdriver?

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Michelle wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:39 pm LC if you can track, claim actions please
My targets are already known. Alison night 1, Hally night 2. Failed both times.
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:38 pm
BoKnows wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:34 pm
2. Michelle
3. Alison

Son, I've been on the radar for my entire Mafia career.
:lulz:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Michelle wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:39 pm
Town busdrivers exist
He was more of a forced bodyguard grabber kinda thing.
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 468
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Strawhenge »

Look, I'm happy to chop Long Con as well. As I've said, he's been in my POE for a while.

But @Alison and @Hally, y'all're gonna have to convince me how on Earth Esooa's reaction is townish. It was some of the most blatant scum behavior I've ever seen.
Literally just some fucking guy.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:40 pm
Michelle wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:39 pm LC if you can track, claim actions please
Wait, on Alison could fail because of Esooa's ability, but why failed on Hally?

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Strawhenge wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:40 pm Look, I'm happy to chop Long Con as well. As I've said, he's been in my POE for a while.

But @Alison and @Hally, y'all're gonna have to convince me how on Earth Esooa's reaction is townish. It was some of the most blatant scum behavior I've ever seen.
Probably because they're both town and don't give a fuck about this game anymore, so they recognize the same behaviour in Esooa. On the other hand, trying is scummy. :clap:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Michelle wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:41 pm
Wait, on Alison could fail because of Esooa's ability, but why failed on Hally?
I would like to know that as well.
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Strongest townreads: Alison, Hally, tie between Michelle and you (SPF)

Preferred choption: Tie between Esooa (scummy reactions today) and Long Con (game-long POE for me).
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Michelle wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:39 pm
Town busdrivers exist
He was more of a forced bodyguard grabber kinda thing.
Yes, but techically, even as passive and self bodyguard thing, the effect was like a busdriving, right?

KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

why is LC just now CCing JPIC
KZA
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

What JPIC claimed?

BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

KZA wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:44 pm why is LC just now CCing JPIC
probably because he's on the block now
staypositivefriend
Hitman

long con, could you claim the full details of your role?
KZA
Loan Shark

Re: Fargo Mafia [DAY 3]

Post by KZA »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:41 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:39 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:38 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:37 pm I have a two shot vig i tried to shoot Dom
I can confirm this
can you confirm more details about your role? you might as well since the cat is out of the bag. how did you know that dom got hit? how did you link him to JPIC?
I tracked nook to Dom and it specifically told me what action was performed
@Michelle
KZA
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

BoKnows wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:45 pm
probably because he's on the block now
Actually, smart guy, I'm looking at other players and trying to see who could be a wolf. Maybe that's a reason JPIC could be one.

Don't flatter yourself into thinking that what you say about me or voting for me is going to change the way I'm playing for a second.
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:33 pmWhy do we trust JPIC? Because he did a track? Hell, I can track, what are the chances of two town trackers?
Holy farts, what. @Long Con, you're just bringing this up now? When did JPIC claim tracker, D2?!

I'm bout to reach back to 2009 and do the Oprah meme where I go, 'And you get a sirengif! And you get a sirengif!'

Anyone else wanna drop some classic scum behavior two hours before EOD?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:46 pm long con, could you claim the full details of your role?
Why?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Strawhenge wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:48 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:33 pmWhy do we trust JPIC? Because he did a track? Hell, I can track, what are the chances of two town trackers?
Holy farts, what. @Long Con, you're just bringing this up now? When did JPIC claim tracker, D2?!

I'm bout to reach back to 2009 and do the Oprah meme where I go, 'And you get a sirengif! And you get a sirengif!'

Anyone else wanna drop some classic scum behavior two hours before EOD?
I'm sure our roles are different, they may just have one similar element. I think most roles have multiple things going on.

Return to “Previous Jobs”