Moderator: Community Team

Mana
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 315
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Aka: Made & Dana

Re: Modern Family Hydra Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Mana »

Julinook wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:31 am Are you guys having a tough time getting into the game or are you doing most of tour stuff in private, mana?
so to directly answer your question, yes, but also no.
Julinook
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 433
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Post by Julinook »

I like your townreads, not sure i agree with them but I like that you have them

If there's something quantifiable about tpic at some point I'd be interested in hearing it, I think they've been fairly townie so interested in hearing from someone seeing it differently
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

I think i want to TR that mana is clearly following the thread but has somewhat dramatically different reads than consensus, looks to me like two heads kinda shrugging off the thread and doing their own thing which is >rand town imo

Content to let them chug along and do their own thing at their own pace for the time being
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

I don't think "someone claimed my flavor" matters in this game btw, OP explicitly says flavor doesn't matter so don't think scum can be caught that way
Akemi Hazelnut
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 594
Aka: Alison + nutella

Post by Akemi Hazelnut »

Julinook wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:51 pm
TwoAndThrough wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:50 pm
Julinook wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:44 pm "Anybody wanna guess..." posts are some of my least favorites
And yet look how the target flounders for an answer. They have NO case, just chop chop chop goes the chainsaw. From the first time I asked Trans Rights a question they couldn't answer I have been under a constant barrage of "feels wolfy" vague bullshit attacks...like a Vanity tag team with this goof. Ultimately this "votes went off, must be wolfy motivation" is obvious horseshit since they not only can't explain the "wolfy motivation" moving these votes...I'm guessing they don't even know who the voters were. It's just a distraction attack because I ask questions they can't answer.
This is a deeply meh line of attack
Townie mind meld
Akemi Hazelnut
Hydra Account

Post by Akemi Hazelnut »

I had a good gut feeling towards H&V's re-entrance into the thread and the best way I have to put it into words is that they came in with one read they really cared about and the rest of the thread either ignored it or gave it a one liner response and moved on.
Akemi Hazelnut
Hydra Account

Post by Akemi Hazelnut »

Julinook wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:32 pm I still think tim is mafia and his railing against the status quo probably means there's another mafia taking heat cmv
I think his railing against the status quo is townie in a vacuum but it's a piece of meta that was used against him in COV so I wouldn't be surprised if he started consciously faking it. I'm also not feeling the usual heat I get from town Tim when he does his rage against the machine schtick. It's like he's hammering on the inconsistencies and going through the motions but he doesn't have the "what the FUCK did you just say about me" energy that he does as town.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Akemi Hazelnut wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:12 am
Julinook wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:32 pm I still think tim is mafia and his railing against the status quo probably means there's another mafia taking heat cmv
I think his railing against the status quo is townie in a vacuum but it's a piece of meta that was used against him in COV so I wouldn't be surprised if he started consciously faking it. I'm also not feeling the usual heat I get from town Tim when he does his rage against the machine schtick. It's like he's hammering on the inconsistencies and going through the motions but he doesn't have the "what the FUCK did you just say about me" energy that he does as town.
Didn't you TR him at one point for raging against the machine in the last hydra game? I may be remembering wrong.

At any rate I think he's self aware enough to know he has to fake that to some extent as mafia now, but I also think him doing it probably means he isn't the only mafia under pressure today

I know those should in theory cancel each other out, idc
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

I guess I could've just said "yes, I agree, tim is mafia"
TonyStarkPlaysItCool
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 658
Aka: JPIC, TSP

Post by TonyStarkPlaysItCool »

Julinook wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:18 am
Didn't you TR him at one point for raging against the machine in the last hydra game? I may be remembering wrong.

At any rate I think he's self aware enough to know he has to fake that to some extent as mafia now, but I also think him doing it probably means he isn't the only mafia under pressure today

Any ideas of who you think that could be?
TonyStarkPlaysItCool
Hydra Account

[VOTE: Bottom Text] aubergine
TonyStarkPlaysItCool
Hydra Account

why is falconknows self voting
TonyStarkPlaysItCool
Hydra Account

and that post from mana is fine i guess
Akemi Hazelnut
Hydra Account

Post by Akemi Hazelnut »

Akemi Hazelnut wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:49 am
Poop Explosions wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:48 am just read Made and Dana's ISO and that is a lock wolf probably like at least 9/10
alison is there too last i checked. im not as sold bc of the controversial falcon take and since i think theyre dissociated with bottom text
I don't put as much stock in the BT associative since I don't think that slot is near wolfy enough to read others off preflips with them, and I think controversial against the grain takes can easily come from out of touch scum just as well as town.

"Bo seems like a bit of a derp, isn't too active and rambles about emojis when he's here. Free misexe!" and not being caught up enough to know how townread they are by the rest of the thread is a real possibility.
Poop Explosions
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 541
Preferred Pronouns: They
Aka: c4e5g3d5 + MacDougall

Post by Poop Explosions »

TSPIC is such a fucken cursed hydra holy shit.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

TonyStarkPlaysItCool wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:25 am
Julinook wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:18 am

Any ideas of who you think that could be?
I'm the guy that makes vague all encompassing statements, not the one that does the research to back them up or support them
TonyStarkPlaysItCool
Hydra Account

Poop Explosions wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:44 am TSPIC is such a fucken cursed hydra holy shit.
in what way?
Akemi Hazelnut
Hydra Account

Post by Akemi Hazelnut »

Mana wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:42 am
Timsup2gettinserious wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:59 pm
Toopy and Binoo wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:54 pm It’s a common shot that usually results in a town death.
Who cares if they slanker, they still town nonetheless.

-Toopy
I don't care about town deaths. It resolves them early on rather than later in the game.
I don't particularly like this post... if you're claiming to be a one shot vig doesn't that imply you're on the towns side? why would you not care about town deaths
Shooting slankers is correct vigilante play
FalconKnows
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 98
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by FalconKnows »

Mana wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:40 am
FalconKnows wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:37 pm we're Cameron
no we're cameron
wait we're ur husband!!!!!!
FalconKnows
Hydra Account

Post by FalconKnows »

um yeah we're mitch
Toopy and Binoo
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 393
Preferred Pronouns: They/them Spak/Gavial

Post by Toopy and Binoo »

Poop Explosions wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:44 am 1. Akemi Hazelnut (Alison & nutella) - Seems pretty fucken townie
2. Bottom Text (Esooa & katze) - Neg utility at best
3. FalconKnows (falcon45ca & BoKnows) - NFI, c4 says townie, I can probs solve this slot if I give a shit
4. Honey & Vinegar (Urist & Mantisdreamz) - Probs should die just for being such a cursed hydra honestly
5. Julinook (juliets & NANOOK) - This slot is incapable of ranging mafia
6. Mana (Made & Dana) - One post reading this slot town
7. Poop Explosions (c4e5g3d5 & MacDougall) - Sup
8. The Walrus (fingersplints & Roxy) - D3 potato pass for this slot
9. Timsup2gettinserious (Syn & Hyena) - Lock clear
10. TonyStarkPlaysItCool (TonyStarkPrime & Justplayingitcool) - No fucken idea
11. Toopy and Binoo (Gavial & Spak) - Haven't seen a post, someone give me a read to sheep
12. trans rights (vanity & Mistyx) - Lack claire
13. TwoAndThrough (Timsup2nuthin & hollowkatt) - C4 is adamant this is a scum slot and I am ready and willing to sheep that cuz this hydra is fucken cursed anyway
You’ve interacted with our hydra before.
Toopy and Binoo
Hydra Account

-Toopy
Toopy and Binoo
Hydra Account

TonyStarkPlaysItCool wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:10 am
Toopy and Binoo wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:44 pm Poop, Tony, T&T make sense as the team!

-Toopy
IK.
Kinda shocking, they call me magic!

-Toopy
trans rights
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 765
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: mistyx + vanity

Post by trans rights »

Akemi Hazelnut wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:08 am I had a good gut feeling towards H&V's re-entrance into the thread and the best way I have to put it into words is that they came in with one read they really cared about and the rest of the thread either ignored it or gave it a one liner response and moved on.
most of the thread ignored it because they didn’t say anything about it other than complaining that there wasn’t a wagon

~mawile
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Good morning all. I'm going to sort through what I'm thinking about people as of now. Still a lot of nulls but I hope to resolve some of them today. There is no order within the tiers.

Town Leans
Akemi Hazelnut - started leaning town on them yesterday and that hasn't changed. Probing, solvey.

Mana - they identified a wolf read on someone being considered towny by the thread. I like the fact they are not just going along with consensus even though I didn't fully understand their point about falcon knows open wolfing. Also Nook is leaning town.

TonyStarkPlayingItCool - Like their read on mana and their reaction to T&B's numbers. Not sure if I agree with their vote for BT.

trans rights - I liked their questioning of whether the game state supports a T&T wolf. Made me stop and think about my read, though I still end up sussing T&T.

Null
Falconknows - I was town reading this slot yesterday but I didn't see much if anything out of them yesterday which bothers me so I'm moving them to null. There are still a couple of posts I find villagery but there just isn't enough there for me to keep them as a town lean.

Bottom Text - I'm basically just confused about BT. I can't tell who is speaking when, and maybe that doesn't really matter. Sometimes they seem to be mad but maybe they are just kidding. There was one whole page - pg. 16 for me - where I had no idea of what they really thought. Voting Poop Explosions but I couldn't tell you why. I could use some help with the reasons why several are seeing them as wolf.

Toopy and Binoo - There were a couple of posts early on that made me feel like Toopy was a wolf but then Binoo came in with posts I found villagery. BT and I believe TR seem to be familiar with Gavial and are leaning village on them so I may need to sheep that read for today. I do not understand their numbers at all- it feels like they are pulling them out of thin air but since I don't do math I need someone else to tell me if the numbers are kosher. My scum lean is voting here so thats a plus for them. Don't see myself voting here today.

Honey & Vinegar - I have no experience reading Urist and I can't remember anything they've said.

Timsuptogettingserious - I just need to iso them and I feel like they will move from null.

Poop Explosions - Same as with above, I just need to iso.

The Walrus - no ratable behavior.

Leaning Scum
Two and Through - Still reading them as wolf.

Priorities for today:

Come to a decision about Bottom Text. Understand the reasons for the wolf reads as well as the town reads.

Iso Poop and Timsgettingserious and sort them.

Iso Honey & Vinegar and sort.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Apologies for such a long post.
Honey & Vinegar
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 110
Aka: Mantis & Urist

Post by Honey & Vinegar »

We're going to be reading the thread later today. If anyone feels like they can/should explain or reiterate their reads concisely, now would be a great time to do so.
I'm Hugh Honey and this is Vic Vinegar. We're partners in real estate and partners in life.
Toopy and Binoo
Hydra Account

Julinook wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:22 am Good morning all. I'm going to sort through what I'm thinking about people as of now. Still a lot of nulls but I hope to resolve some of them today. There is no order within the tiers.

Town Leans
Akemi Hazelnut - started leaning town on them yesterday and that hasn't changed. Probing, solvey.

Mana - they identified a wolf read on someone being considered towny by the thread. I like the fact they are not just going along with consensus even though I didn't fully understand their point about falcon knows open wolfing. Also Nook is leaning town.

TonyStarkPlayingItCool - Like their read on mana and their reaction to T&B's numbers. Not sure if I agree with their vote for BT.

trans rights - I liked their questioning of whether the game state supports a T&T wolf. Made me stop and think about my read, though I still end up sussing T&T.

Null
Falconknows - I was town reading this slot yesterday but I didn't see much if anything out of them yesterday which bothers me so I'm moving them to null. There are still a couple of posts I find villagery but there just isn't enough there for me to keep them as a town lean.

Bottom Text - I'm basically just confused about BT. I can't tell who is speaking when, and maybe that doesn't really matter. Sometimes they seem to be mad but maybe they are just kidding. There was one whole page - pg. 16 for me - where I had no idea of what they really thought. Voting Poop Explosions but I couldn't tell you why. I could use some help with the reasons why several are seeing them as wolf.

Toopy and Binoo - There were a couple of posts early on that made me feel like Toopy was a wolf but then Binoo came in with posts I found villagery. BT and I believe TR seem to be familiar with Gavial and are leaning village on them so I may need to sheep that read for today. I do not understand their numbers at all- it feels like they are pulling them out of thin air but since I don't do math I need someone else to tell me if the numbers are kosher. My scum lean is voting here so thats a plus for them. Don't see myself voting here today.

Honey & Vinegar - I have no experience reading Urist and I can't remember anything they've said.

Timsuptogettingserious - I just need to iso them and I feel like they will move from null.

Poop Explosions - Same as with above, I just need to iso.

The Walrus - no ratable behavior.

Leaning Scum
Two and Through - Still reading them as wolf.

Priorities for today:

Come to a decision about Bottom Text. Understand the reasons for the wolf reads as well as the town reads.

Iso Poop and Timsgettingserious and sort them.

Iso Honey & Vinegar and sort.
Personally I think your town.
But if your scum I bet both your buddies are in your Town Leans and I’m completely wrong on my solve.

-Toopy
The Walrus
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 22
Aka: fingersplints & Roxy

Post by The Walrus »

Timsup2gettinserious wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:53 pm
The Walrus wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:47 pm
Timsup2gettinserious wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:23 pm
The Walrus wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:50 am Yay game 😊
I’ve only seen a little bit of Modern Family, but always meant to watch it all at some point. Maybe this game will be the incentive I need to start.
Talk to me, tell me your name
You blow me off like it's all the same
You lit a fuse, and now I'm ticking away
Like a bomb, yeah baby

WHERE'D YOU GO? D:< D:< D:<
I am The Walrus, ok
I don't blow I wriggle, yay
The walrus was Paul ;)
So, like, Syn and I are a one-shot Vig, and I'm considering shooting you tonight. Are y'all cool with that?

Your posts feels forced along with p.explosions and whoever posted the percentages post.
I mean it is day one. You are making lists and posting percentages?? To me it is just grasping at straws this early in the game.
You do you sweetie.
If that means killing me then so be it.
I am here for the funsies.
Happy Wednesday <3
Toopy and Binoo
Hydra Account

Also. Yeah that’s why I grabbed Binoo as my partner.
I’m good at solving stuff but I always get sused myself and can’t really get out of it much regardless of alignment.
While Spak is just a generally Townie player that can make it so my slot isn’t an instant priority ML.
Toopy and Binoo
Hydra Account

The Walrus wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:50 am
I’ve only seen a little bit of Modern Family, but always meant to watch it all at some point. Maybe this game will be the incentive I need to start.
Like a bomb, yeah baby

I am The Walrus, ok
The walrus was Paul ;)
So, like, Syn and I are a one-shot Vig, and I'm considering shooting you tonight. Are y'all cool with that?

Your posts feels forced along with p.explosions and whoever posted the percentages post.
I mean it is day one. You are making lists and posting percentages?? To me it is just grasping at straws this early in the game.
You do you sweetie.
Happy Wednesday <3
How dare you call my percentage fake!

-Toopy
Toopy and Binoo
Hydra Account

Although your 76.9% Town so.
Toopy and Binoo
Hydra Account

Actually no probably 86.9%
Toopy and Binoo
Hydra Account

-Toooopy
Toopy and Binoo
Hydra Account

Changed my vote to Poop because he can’t remember that he interacted with our Hydra!

-Toopy
Toopy and Binoo
Hydra Account

@The Walrus

You wanna vote Poop too so Obv Town BT doesn’t go over?

-Toopy
Toopy and Binoo
Hydra Account

I think T&T and Poop can be partners.
Prove me wrong.
Toopy and Binoo
Hydra Account

-Toopy
The Walrus
Hydra Account

Post by The Walrus »

Toopy and Binoo wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:52 am
Like a bomb, yeah baby

I am The Walrus, ok
The walrus was Paul ;)

You do you sweetie.
Happy Wednesday <3

-Toopy
I didn't LOL I said they felt forced. And tbh pulling percentages just hours into day one is just :confused2: :keys:
The Walrus
Hydra Account

Post by The Walrus »

Toopy and Binoo wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:56 am @The Walrus

-Toopy
wat?
BT?
Maybe, still have time to find my groove.
FalconKnows
Hydra Account

Post by FalconKnows »

TwoAndThrough wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:49 pm
FalconKnows wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:38 pm
Julinook wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:36 pm
FalconKnows wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:34 pm now who's tim?
Sorry actual tim, two and through
no worries
TwoAndThrough wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:36 pm
FalconKnows wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:29 pm
TwoAndThrough wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:28 pm
Julinook wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:23 pm Also, like, not answering questions you don't want to is not inherently scummy
I agree...but neither is asking the question. And yet here I am with the usual pack of "oh Tim doesn't pay our "gut reads and feelies" respect tax" gang all joining hands to sing kumbaya together. Super cool, just after I flip do town a favor and notice the aroma of wolf where you are sniffing.
panicking about flipping already... interesting
well, let's see...been the lead wagon literally all day and clearly think most of the town players are...not playing particularly well...so sure, I believe I could flip...but it would be more a relief than a cause for panic at this point.

Congratulations by the way...this single post catapulted you right up there into the ranks of the best town player displays in this game.
epic

yeah but like it's early enough. Could just be frustrating boiling over cause I've been there. What are your reads?
The way the chainsaw is buzzing one of Trans Rights and Blooy and Flooey are almost certainly a wolf. Very likely not both because getting that tightly associated on an early town flip is something wolves know to avoid so they are a wolf and a pocket toy...I'd say 60% on Blooy and Flooey, 40% on Trans Rights.

I'd probably tilt that even further towards Blooy and Flooy because their chainsaw has been much more pockety towards TR than the other way, but TR has some really weird interactions with Mana also, and I could see a possible team there since Mana isn't particularly town either.

All my town reads at this point would probably start with "playing badly in a way that is fairly typical for them so..." and I'd rather not make that list.

Then there are nulls.
So Trans Rights, B&F, and Mana are your scum reads.

I know Trans rights oinged Falcon but I'm not sure why. Mana also had a read on us which felt a little forced but I'm considering it NAI for now.
The Walrus
Hydra Account

Post by The Walrus »

Toopy and Binoo wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:53 am Although your 76.9% Town so.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I'm not sure who tf you are but I like you bc you made me giggle with this post. OTT funny imm.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Honey & Vinegar wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:52 am Maf team is trans rights, toopy & binoo, falconknows
Boom game won leaving thread now bye
H&V I am interested in your reads here. What leads you to believe these three are scum? Also, I noticed you think T&T is obvious town so I'm interested in hearing your thoughts there too.
TonyStarkPlaysItCool
Hydra Account

Toopy and Binoo wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:52 am
TonyStarkPlaysItCool wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:10 am
Toopy and Binoo wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:44 pm Poop, Tony, T&T make sense as the team!

-Toopy
IK.
Kinda shocking, they call me magic!

-Toopy
You're more of a clown than a magician
TonyStarkPlaysItCool
Hydra Account

Toopy and Binoo wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:54 am Changed my vote to Poop because he can’t remember that he interacted with our Hydra!

-Toopy
A) this is a hydra, so more than one person is talking
B) why is that scummy
TonyStarkPlaysItCool
Hydra Account

Toopy and Binoo wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:56 am @The Walrus

-Toopy
Why is BT obv villager
TonyStarkPlaysItCool
Hydra Account

The Walrus wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:02 am
Toopy and Binoo wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:52 am
Like a bomb, yeah baby

I am The Walrus, ok
The walrus was Paul ;)

You do you sweetie.
Happy Wednesday <3

-Toopy
I didn't LOL I said they felt forced. And tbh pulling percentages just hours into day one is just :confused2: :keys:
Ignore them. The percentages are utter garbage and meaningless.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

@Poop Explosions I just have a few questions for you.

First just a comment:

I think it was c4 who posted about vanity "pre-flipping" with low confidence. I think this is a very interesting observation and need to consider it in my tr read. I would never have noticed it as being an issue had you not made this analysis. I need to relook at vanity's answer to your observation.

ok a few questions:

I cannot tell who is talking when in the Bottom Text hydra so I'm interested in the below observation. What are you seeing that leads to this read.
Poop Explosions wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:32 pm Esooa is extremely obvious mafia here

Nook and I both lean town on Mana so I'm also interested in what your seeing to lead to this read:
Poop Explosions wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:48 am just read Made and Dana's ISO and that is a lock wolf probably like at least 9/10

Would you explain what this means?
Poop Explosions wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:44 am TSPIC is such a fucken cursed hydra holy shit.

I know some of these at least are Mac observations so I may have to wait until late this afternoon to get some answers.
Bottom Text
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 711
Preferred Pronouns: any + she/her
Aka: katze/Esooa

Post by Bottom Text »

good morning

this is my first time posting, katze has done all of it up until now, whats up
Bottom Text wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:27 pm mech got haru killed
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

<snip>
TonyStarkPlaysItCool wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:59 am
Ignore them. The percentages are utter garbage and meaningless.
So that's why I didn't understand them. Thanks for the info.

Return to “Previous Rackets”