Moderator: Community Team

trans rights
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 765
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: mistyx + vanity

Re: Modern Family Hydra Mafia [Day 2]

Post by trans rights »

Poop Explosions wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:21 pm Alright I want to talk about something.

Urist (I think) evidently was able to guess our identity on the basis that Urist:

a) Believes that he correctly identified that the Phil Dunphy character is the most likely janitor because he's a magician? And apparently in flavour a magician would "make a flip disappear"?
b) Is so thoroughly convinced we are mafia that he took his epiphany that the janitor was Phil, to the extreme of applying it to his top scum read.

The logical hoops I have to jump through to be okay with this are TOO DAMN HIGH.
character claims aren't alignment or role indicative. they're randomized. you could figure this out from the op.
TonyStarkPlaysItCool
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 658
Aka: JPIC, TSP

Post by TonyStarkPlaysItCool »

Poop Explosions wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:21 pm Alright I want to talk about something.

Urist (I think) evidently was able to guess our identity on the basis that Urist:

a) Believes that he correctly identified that the Phil Dunphy character is the most likely janitor because he's a magician? And apparently in flavour a magician would "make a flip disappear"?
b) Is so thoroughly convinced we are mafia that he took his epiphany that the janitor was Phil, to the extreme of applying it to his top scum read.

The logical hoops I have to jump through to be okay with this are TOO DAMN HIGH.
is this a wolf claim or am i confused
Akemi Hazelnut
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 594
Aka: Alison + nutella

Post by Akemi Hazelnut »

Poop your best read is probably your read on Mana.

[VOTE: Mana] aubergine
Poop Explosions
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 541
Preferred Pronouns: They
Aka: c4e5g3d5 + MacDougall

Post by Poop Explosions »

trans rights wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:25 pm

character claims aren't alignment or role indicative. they're randomized. you could figure this out from the op.
Did you read what I said correctly? I am of the view that people skimmed over Honey & Vinegar outing themselves. Try re-reading with that in mind.
trans rights
Hydra Account

Post by trans rights »

Akemi Hazelnut wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:25 pm Also we should never be voting BT today regardless. They are essentially claimed doc with the upside that if they land their doc save they also get a vigilante shot that night. I am never going to vote that claim on D2 with no counterclaim or mech info implicating them.
i am baffled as to how this makes any sense. walk me through the mechanics behind this.
Poop Explosions
Hydra Account

TonyStarkPlaysItCool wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:25 pm

Yeah you appear to be very confused.
trans rights
Hydra Account

Post by trans rights »

Poop Explosions wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:26 pm
trans rights wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:25 pm

Did you read what I said correctly? I am of the view that people skimmed over Honey & Vinegar outing themselves. Try re-reading with that in mind.
yeah it supports what you're saying.
Poop Explosions
Hydra Account

trans rights wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:26 pm
Akemi Hazelnut wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:25 pm Also we should never be voting BT today regardless. They are essentially claimed doc with the upside that if they land their doc save they also get a vigilante shot that night. I am never going to vote that claim on D2 with no counterclaim or mech info implicating them.
i am baffled as to how this makes any sense. walk me through the mechanics behind this.
Are you serious? You don't understand why it's mechanically correct to leave an uncc'd doctor alive? Have you played mafia before?
Akemi Hazelnut
Hydra Account

Post by Akemi Hazelnut »

Poop Explosions wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:22 pm
Akemi Hazelnut wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:19 pm BT's D1 play kinda makes sense if they planned on using their role as a pseudo BG.

poop explosions I think your tunnel on trans rights is bad and they are fairly obviously townie on play.
How do you feel about the Hyena slot?
They seem pretty obvtown to me

Townie on play, have done a lot of solving/interaction, threatening Walrus with a fakeclaim was kinda townie for Hyena/Syn, are lock clear if TAT is wolf which is very possible, and have had a worldview that aligns pretty closely with mine throughout the game in general.
trans rights
Hydra Account

Post by trans rights »

Poop Explosions wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:24 pm
trans rights wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:23 pm
TonyStarkPlaysItCool wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:11 pm kinda think kat's claim is >rand town but it might just be >rand kat
elaborate as to why this would be the case.
I am reading Bottom Text as inno child level town. Explain how they are not?
i'm not going to say that they couldn't misinterpret their role as a villager, but i think the way they played d1, what their role does, and how they claimed in this dayphase are all incredibly at odds with each other.
Poop Explosions
Hydra Account

Akemi Hazelnut wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:25 pm Poop your best read is probably your read on Mana.

Possibly but I am currently transfixed by Honey & Vinegar correctly guessing our role and then trying to justify knowing it by having incorrectly presumed that our character makes the most sense to be a janitor role in flavour.
trans rights
Hydra Account

Post by trans rights »

Poop Explosions wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:27 pm
Are you serious? You don't understand why it's mechanically correct to leave an uncc'd doctor alive? Have you played mafia before?
they claimed redirector, not doc, no? or am i misunderstanding something about their claim?
Akemi Hazelnut
Hydra Account

Post by Akemi Hazelnut »

yeah i thought that was weird
Akemi Hazelnut
Hydra Account

Post by Akemi Hazelnut »

BT is claiming that they can redirect night actions performed on X to Y.

The obvious use of this ability is to make an obvious nightkill target X and a POE slot Y.

If someone tries to kill X, not only does X not die, Y dies.

That is functionally equivalent to stopping a nightkill on X, and at the same time using a vigilante shot on Y.
Poop Explosions
Hydra Account

trans rights wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:29 pm
Poop Explosions wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:27 pm
they claimed redirector, not doc, no? or am i misunderstanding something about their claim?
I haven't actually tried to understand their claim if I am being honest I just took at face value that it is what Alison described it as.
Poop Explosions
Hydra Account

@Bottom Text can you self target?
trans rights
Hydra Account

Post by trans rights »

okay so i thought that it was redirecting someone's action to someone else, not redirecting an action performed on someone to someone else
Honey & Vinegar
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 110
Aka: Mantis & Urist

Post by Honey & Vinegar »

I'm actually just ridiculously good at mafia
I'm Hugh Honey and this is Vic Vinegar. We're partners in real estate and partners in life.
Akemi Hazelnut
Hydra Account

Post by Akemi Hazelnut »

TSPIC has had a good SOD today, and I especially thought that them clearing Toopy (who they've been pretty negative on) for being unable to fake Tim's tone was a townie move by them. They also don't seem W/W with TAT, so if TAT is wolf (which is what I am leaning towards right now) then TSPIC looks even better. I am willing to give TSPIC a day pass for today.
Bottom Text
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 711
Preferred Pronouns: any + she/her
Aka: katze/Esooa

Post by Bottom Text »

Akemi Hazelnut wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:29 pm
BT is claiming that they can redirect night actions performed on X to Y.

The obvious use of this ability is to make an obvious nightkill target X and a POE slot Y.

If someone tries to kill X, not only does X not die, Y dies.

That is functionally equivalent to stopping a nightkill on X, and at the same time using a vigilante shot on Y.
correct
Poop Explosions wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:30 pm @Bottom Text can you self target?
🤷‍♀️ wolves can try to find that out tonight if theyd like
Bottom Text wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:27 pm mech got haru killed
Poop Explosions
Hydra Account

I'm assuming Urist correctly guessed our flavor because he rolecopped us
Which means there's no damn way he should still be pushing us if he's town
Poop Explosions
Hydra Account

Did anyone actually see my role claim btw? Bodyguard lol.
Akemi Hazelnut
Hydra Account

Post by Akemi Hazelnut »

Poop Explosions wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:28 pm
Akemi Hazelnut wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:25 pm Poop your best read is probably your read on Mana.

Possibly but I am currently transfixed by Honey & Vinegar correctly guessing our role and then trying to justify knowing it by having incorrectly presumed that our character makes the most sense to be a janitor role in flavour.
I was weirded out by it too but I can't think of any alternative explanations other than a coincidental guess. Flavor isn't tied to alignment or role so it doesn't make sense for flavor cop to exist. Mayyyybe some kind of weird lover/executioner variant where you know the flavor but not player name of your target.
Akemi Hazelnut
Hydra Account

Post by Akemi Hazelnut »

Poop Explosions wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:33 pm Did anyone actually see my role claim btw? Bodyguard lol.
Oh hmmmmm
Poop Explosions
Hydra Account

Poop Explosions wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:33 pm I'm assuming Urist correctly guessed our flavor because he rolecopped us
Yeah this is actually the part that is giving me pause because if he rolecopped us the last thing he is going to do is out that he knows our identity honestly. I think that it's NAI that he guessed our identity after giving it some thought.
trans rights
Hydra Account

Post by trans rights »

there's like plausibility that bottom text could still be a wolf because it's not exactly confirmable, but now that i actually understand what the claim is it's more likely to be mechanically correct to defenestrate elsewhere
Poop Explosions
Hydra Account

What I have to rationalise is that Urist correctly guessed our identity using bad logic. Which, I mean, why not I suppose.
Akemi Hazelnut
Hydra Account

Post by Akemi Hazelnut »

To be clear when you claim bodyguard you mean "I guard X, if someone tries to kill X, I die instead"? Who did you guard N1?
TonyStarkPlaysItCool
Hydra Account

Poop Explosions wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:26 pm
TonyStarkPlaysItCool wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:25 pm

Yeah you appear to be very confused.
k I conclude you're thinking too much about this
Akemi Hazelnut
Hydra Account

Post by Akemi Hazelnut »

Poop Explosions wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:34 pm
Poop Explosions wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:33 pm I'm assuming Urist correctly guessed our flavor because he rolecopped us
Yeah this is actually the part that is giving me pause because if he rolecopped us the last thing he is going to do is out that he knows our identity honestly. I think that it's NAI that he guessed our identity after giving it some thought.
If he rolecopped you as mafia he would just say "hey, kill Poop tonight" to his scum chat and zip his lips probably.
TonyStarkPlaysItCool
Hydra Account

Poop Explosions wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:35 pm What I have to rationalise is that Urist correctly guessed our identity using bad logic. Which, I mean, why not I suppose.
there are other explanations
Poop Explosions
Hydra Account

It just now becometh apparent to me that what we have here are lots of people being very townie that are struggling to read each other town.
Akemi Hazelnut
Hydra Account

Post by Akemi Hazelnut »

trans rights wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:34 pm there's like plausibility that bottom text could still be a wolf because it's not exactly confirmable, but now that i actually understand what the claim is it's more likely to be mechanically correct to defenestrate elsewhere
Mac is now outing a pseudo CC so I'm torn again
Poop Explosions
Hydra Account

Akemi Hazelnut wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:35 pm
Poop Explosions wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:34 pm
If he rolecopped you as mafia he would just say "hey, kill Poop tonight" to his scum chat and zip his lips probably.
I dunno, we're getting our fair share of suspicion, got wagoned yesterday and are only a BG.
trans rights
Hydra Account

Post by trans rights »

Akemi Hazelnut wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:36 pm
trans rights wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:34 pm there's like plausibility that bottom text could still be a wolf because it's not exactly confirmable, but now that i actually understand what the claim is it's more likely to be mechanically correct to defenestrate elsewhere
bodyguard isn’t incompatible with their claim

I don’t believe 1-way bus driver tho

~mawile
Akemi Hazelnut
Hydra Account

Post by Akemi Hazelnut »

I struggle to believe that town gets two redirecting pseudo-protectives in a 13P.
TonyStarkPlaysItCool
Hydra Account

iiii am very confuuuuuused
Poop Explosions
Hydra Account

TonyStarkPlaysItCool wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:35 pm
Poop Explosions wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:35 pm What I have to rationalise is that Urist correctly guessed our identity using bad logic. Which, I mean, why not I suppose.
there are other explanations
Obviously, but there don't have to be is all I am saying.
Bottom Text
Hydra Account

Post by Bottom Text »

trans rights wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:37 pm
Akemi Hazelnut wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:36 pm
bodyguard isn’t incompatible with their claim

I don’t believe 1-way bus driver tho

~mawile
it's similar enough that i raise an eyebrow but not close enough for me to consider like, thunderdoming it or anything

Image this bus only goes one way
Poop Explosions
Hydra Account

Akemi Hazelnut wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:38 pm I struggle to believe that town gets two redirecting pseudo-protectives in a 13P.
We are:

a) 2 shot
b) die if we succeed
TonyStarkPlaysItCool
Hydra Account

who the hell has the second one
TonyStarkPlaysItCool
Hydra Account

oh i see
TonyStarkPlaysItCool
Hydra Account

anyways people not named tsp are not allowed to make mech reads or else bad stuff happens
Bottom Text
Hydra Account

Post by Bottom Text »

im trying to think if my role and bodyguard can cause paradoxical results in any way

i think the weirdest outcome is them bodyguarding and protecting themselves by killing themselves but
Poop Explosions
Hydra Account

Bottom Text wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:41 pm im trying to think if my role and bodyguard can cause paradoxical results in any way

i think the weirdest outcome is them bodyguarding and protecting themselves by killing themselves but
Well I asked you if you can self target because I was thinking that there might be a way for us to confirm one another through that but I also gave it zero thought beyond "seems like it'd do some weird shit".
trans rights
Hydra Account

Post by trans rights »

poop explosions is almost certainly a villager pretty sure.

i'll be back later. i'm processing some of the stuff that's going on.
Bottom Text
Hydra Account

Post by Bottom Text »

shrug. if it's real it's another point to tim/hk being a 3p and the game being 9v3v1, imo.

we can't self target. that'd be dumb, lol.
TonyStarkPlaysItCool
Hydra Account

how is it another point to that
Poop Explosions
Hydra Account

Bottom Text wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:43 pm shrug. if it's real it's another point to tim/hk being a 3p and the game being 9v3v1, imo.

we can't self target. that'd be dumb, lol.
why lol
TonyStarkPlaysItCool
Hydra Account

do not speculate about that which you do not understand

Return to “Previous Rackets”