Bluey: The Werewolf Game - Game Thread (Game Over- Mafia win)

Moderator: Community Team

Hoo?

Poll ended at Tue May 25, 2021 6:00 pm

Syn
No votes
Dizzy
25%
HK
No votes
Joe (spec dead etc.)
75%

Total votes: 8
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 302

Re: Bluey: The Werewolf Game - Game Thread (Day 1)

Post by Dyslexicon »

Alison wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:13 am My reachy read was that SPF was town because the game is quiet but she hasn't tried to powerwolf and dominate the conversation, which I think she would as wolf.
Similar to what I said - her not being flashy.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Alison wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:16 am I feel okay about Dizzy, SPF and Invictius.
Probably quite correct. I certainly hope.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Long Con wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:19 am Alison-Gavial teammates. Alison comes out strong against Gavial, sets the metric for what is town Gavial, then eases in the idea that he's back to his town self. The stage is set with some good distancing, then the play becomes about Gavial's redemption.
This definitely crossed my mind as well, more than once. Don't know if it's an actual thing, but definitely something to remember.
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 61

Post by fingersplints »

Alison wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:07 am I don't even remember what Gavial was like in Fargo Mafia to be honest, that game feels like it happened in the Dark Ages.

When I say Gavial plays in a strange way I mean he randomly picks someone to be scum, gives really weird reasons if he gives reasons at all, and then preflips the entire mafia team based off associations with them.

It's hard to explain unless you've seen him in full bloom for yourself but basically his town meta involves making people want to policy him.
I can’t say much about how Gavial usually plays, but I don’t think Fargo is a good game to base his play off anyways. He subbed in for half a day with an insane amount of pages to catch up on for a player about to be lynched anyways with one teammate dead and the other (me) not around at the time to help. Then there was the messed up role claim. I don’t think most of us would have done great in that scenario either.
Gro-oo-ovy
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

hollowkatt wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:00 amDid you miss the part where the wagon was started on a player that hadn't posted yet? And that didn't bother you at all?
Why did that bother you? I've probably seen that happen in 50-60-70 games. It's a big non issue to me. :shrug2:

Invictus and Marmot just voted me because they love me. Or it's flirting. Pretty sure, one of those.
Invictius
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 99
Preferred Pronouns: he

Post by Invictius »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:48 am
hollowkatt wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:55 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:48 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:27 pm Bluey hands down the best kids show on TV in a long ass time
I'm also partial to gumball
gumball is good but it's not bluey good. I do also really like Daniel Tiger (but that's like easy mode), Word Girl, and Little Einsteins.
Oh god the little Einsteins, I have nightmares

Ducktales also deserves honorable mention
pinky and the brain and animaniacs >>>
Gavial wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:54 am
Alison wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:59 am "It was just a joke bro" isn't a convincing defense to me.
:shrug:
I mean I had more then just that and your case on me is based on thinking it’s not a joke when clearly it was.
what are your thoughts on alison thus far? And dyslexicon?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

DkKoba wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:26 am lets do itttt wagon up
If you wanted to wagon, why didn't you just join one of the many lone votes out there?

Is it really that important to get the first weak distancing vote out? :mafia:
Invictius
Stool Pigeon

Post by Invictius »

fwiw i also think dizzy is town and it's mostly based on energy and early involvement. if what he's saying about not playing for a bit is honest then that means his most recent game was on mafiacafe was when he was scum and prior to that game he was also scum a few times all in close proximity to one another and id assume another scum/wolf rand would have him coming out with low energy again(as he did in that last mafiacafe game) as he probably wouldn't be up for it.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 203
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Invictius wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:40 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:27 pm Bluey hands down the best kids show on TV in a long ass time
gumball is good but it's not bluey good. I do also really like Daniel Tiger (but that's like easy mode), Word Girl, and Little Einsteins.

Alison wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:59 am "It was just a joke bro" isn't a convincing defense to me.
I mean I had more then just that and your case on me is based on thinking it’s not a joke when clearly it was.
I mean yeah Animaniacs is great but it isn't on Disney Channel every morning
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Invictius
Stool Pigeon

Post by Invictius »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:35 am
Gavial wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:01 amNo he’s Lock Town.
Get off them!
Nah I do what I want.

But to be real, Hollow hasn't said or done anything that makes me think they are any particular alignment. It's a shrug from me. Your read on Hollow is not mine, and I'm not convinced by the reasoning of it, which is also a subjective thing. But if Hollow is town (or not), I think I should be able to figure it out.
i dont like giving this away before it gets anywhere tho. why not wait and see?

Long Con wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:38 am Nanook, still posting about shows and not players?

what is our experience with them because based on my limited experience i dont think that would indicate much of anything.
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 12

Post by falcon45ca »

I'm still town, what have I missed?
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Invictius wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:30 pmi get the principle in theory, but im not really sure mafia actively tries making that happen or the action itself is scummy as much as it just happens naturally where someone builds up early and people struggle getting off and mafia can then also just stay on.

does it seem like forced involvement for you by hollow?

i also really like the name hollowkatt, but i keep saying HALLOW WATT in my head, idk why.
I don't know if it's forced involvement. But I struggle to see an issue with it at all, myself. Like, two lone votes that means nothing. It's hardly a wagon. I hardly am going to struggle with that. I don't know why he'd expect me to. Feels pretty reachy to me. So I want to hear more about why it was/is an issue to Hollow, and just more content or opinions from him in general.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Long Con wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:38 am Nanook, still posting about shows and not players?
What do you think this means?
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I’m done with reading, and I don’t find anything out of the ordinary with Alison so far this game. I’m not sure that I’ve ever seen her as mafia though, but so far nothing suspicious to me
Gro-oo-ovy
Invictius
Stool Pigeon

Post by Invictius »

not sure i like all the early town reads on me as it seems like it's becoming a trend and just a default one at that, especially since no one is really aware of my play and the one guy that is most familiar said to be somewhat cautious with it but no one reacted to that so hmmmm

seems to just be a safe echo read that some are making after others made it early on.
hollowkatt wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:00 am
Invictius wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:10 am
hollowkatt wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:38 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:34 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:09 pm
Marmot wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:09 pm
Invictius wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:59 pm [VOTE: dyslexicon] aubergine

Let's go with this. It feels right in the bones
[VOTE: Dyslexicon] aubergine

Agree 100%
probs one wolf in here
why's that?
random naked vote on someone who hasn't posted, sheeped by someone else.
I've seen it happen where an early wagon gets started, even via meme votes, and that person never escapes poe even if the wagon completely dies that day
how else do you get out of the fluff stage of the game if wagons never start? this is strange to me. would you have essentially said this about any wagon that picked up 2 votes?
Did you miss the part where the wagon was started on a player that hadn't posted yet? And that didn't bother you at all?

why would that bother me on page 1? i mean i think it's better to vote someone that is around as you can then at least engage, but choosing to vote someone that isn't around that early on in the game isn't exactly alignment indicative? i think youre kinda looking too much into it.

what do you think of dizzy's suspicions of you? cause i think im kinda feeling what he's saying, especially since you're trying to double down on it.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Invictius wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:44 pmi dont like giving this away before it gets anywhere tho. why not wait and see?
Yeah, I don't like it either, but that was for Gavial. I just engaged with him in an honest way, cause I thought that was more important. In any case, Hollow is probably hardly going to flinch from a vote, so I just let that go. And that said, now that Hollow is kind of doubling down on the two vote random wagon thing, I'm still left with questions and furrowed brows. So he can flinch about that instead.
Invictius
Stool Pigeon

Post by Invictius »

fingersplints wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:47 pm
hi

i shouldn't answer for them but i havent interacted with you yet so i will!

if someone chooses to continue fluffing instead of getting involved people find it suspicious as fluff is something scum can hide behind instead of having to engage in the actual content of the game

that said my understanding is nook is pretty experienced and most wolves are self-aware enough to know to get somewhat involved so they don't look bad whereas town are more apathetic to it. it looks similar to my experience with nook so i think it's kinda towny, but i have no idea what his scum game is like.
Invictius
Stool Pigeon

Post by Invictius »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:44 pm

ROAD RUNNER then

even though it taught kids that no matter how hard you try, no matter how creative you are, no matter how much work you put into something you might never succeed and always continue to fail to someone that is hardly trying at all.

but it was also funny.

Probably means I'm not taking this game super seriously yet
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Invictius wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:54 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:44 pm

ROAD RUNNER then

even though it taught kids that no matter how hard you try, no matter how creative you are, no matter how much work you put into something you might never succeed and always continue to fail to someone that is hardly trying at all.

but it was also funny.
Yeah in road runner i always felt bad for the coyote, dude is just out here trying to get a meal

Looney tunes in general are mostly pretty good, definitely a go to
Invictius
Stool Pigeon

Post by Invictius »

hollowkatt wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:06 am
Invictius wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:26 am
hollowkatt wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:39 am
Invictius wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:48 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:09 pm
Marmot wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:09 pm
Invictius wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:59 pm [VOTE: dyslexicon] aubergine

Let's go with this. It feels right in the bones
[VOTE: Dyslexicon] aubergine

Agree 100%
probs one wolf in here
What makes you say that? I'm town, should I vote Marmot? Why or why not
found the wolf
[VOTE: invictius] aubergine
you didnt answer my question. so sad.
I figure that's' a pretty good answer
it wasn't tho

if you do scum read me, what do you think of the people town reading me? do you find any of the town reads on my suspicious? do you make teams when you scumhunt or do you just find individuals scummy and not worry about making teams out of the people you suspect?
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Invictius wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:52 pm
hi

if someone chooses to continue fluffing instead of getting involved people find it suspicious as fluff is something scum can hide behind instead of having to engage in the actual content of the game

that said my understanding is nook is pretty experienced and most wolves are self-aware enough to know to get somewhat involved so they don't look bad whereas town are more apathetic to it. it looks similar to my experience with nook so i think it's kinda towny, but i have no idea what his scum game is like.
I do understand that, but LC put that comment out there without giving any real stance on it. For town, could be a genuine thought to explorers. For mafia could be a way to casually start up suspicion on someone who could be an easy lynch. So I was hoping to hear him clarify his thoughts more to see which I believed him to be. :)
Gro-oo-ovy

In case it isn't clear im not taking this game seriously until I absolutely have to, im just here to have fun and shoot the shit about kids shows
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Invictius wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:35 pmi wish.

it's been MONTHS. MONTHS. i've drawn scum 5 times across 2 sites since 2019(not including reps/cults, including reps it's 8).

the rand gods hate me. it's either non-stop town or non-stop scum on end.
I pretty much believe this. Bless you.
Invictius
Stool Pigeon

Post by Invictius »

DkKoba wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:25 am where is the activity overview on this site so i can find whos talked yet
DkKoba wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:26 am [VOTE: long con] aubergine

Just gonna assume person who hasn't voted yet is one of them
DkKoba wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:26 am lets do itttt wagon up
not really sure i like this string of posts too as it was no longer RVS and there was clearly content to make reads from and go after.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Invictius wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:41 pm fwiw i also think dizzy is town and it's mostly based on energy and early involvement. if what he's saying about not playing for a bit is honest then that means his most recent game was on mafiacafe was when he was scum and prior to that game he was also scum a few times all in close proximity to one another and id assume another scum/wolf rand would have him coming out with low energy again(as he did in that last mafiacafe game) as he probably wouldn't be up for it.
Yeah, those are my last three games. I'm very relieved to be town. Not that I do better as town, but I feel better while playing.

(Regarding involvement, I was worried I wouldn't really have the time as my job has gotten very demanding lately. But I have a day off tomorrow, and this game has been slow, so it's easy to follow.)
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

fingersplints wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:48 pm I’m done with reading, and I don’t find anything out of the ordinary with Alison so far this game. I’m not sure that I’ve ever seen her as mafia though, but so far nothing suspicious to me
Any other thought or opinions?
Invictius
Stool Pigeon

Post by Invictius »

fingersplints wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:57 pm
Invictius wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:52 pm
hi

I do understand that, but LC put that comment out there without giving any real stance on it. For town, could be a genuine thought to explorers. For mafia could be a way to casually start up suspicion on someone who could be an easy lynch. So I was hoping to hear him clarify his thoughts more to see which I believed him to be. :)
Apologies for ruining your question.

I do like the general thought process and intent! You can be given a town read too.
Invictius
Stool Pigeon

Post by Invictius »

I like Alison too, mostly for having 3 town reads early on and because solving via town reads >>>>
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

fingersplints wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:57 pmI do understand that, but LC put that comment out there without giving any real stance on it. For town, could be a genuine thought to explorers. For mafia could be a way to casually start up suspicion on someone who could be an easy lynch. So I was hoping to hear him clarify his thoughts more to see which I believed him to be. :)
I kind of like this post. Haven't played with Fingers before, but this consideration just seems genuine to me. /vibes if you want.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Invictius wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:07 pm I like Alison too, mostly for having 3 town reads early on and because solving via town reads >>>>
Ok, but this is very much a be careful!-player. Just so you know. But she's also good as town. :beer:
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Invictius wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:04 pmI do like the general thought process and intent! You can be given a town read too.
Yes. Invictus should be town here.

I'm ok with my vote on Hollow for now.
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 124
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Long Con wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:19 am Alison-Gavial teammates. Alison comes out strong against Gavial, sets the metric for what is town Gavial, then eases in the idea that he's back to his town self. The stage is set with some good distancing, then the play becomes about Gavial's redemption.
It’s like three hours in that’s a pretty fast redemption arc
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:34 pm
Alison wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:11 am Gavial is slowly slipping back into his usual meta.
I see what you mean if he's actually serious about what he's saying. Have you seen him as scum?
I’ve never seen him as scum where he did not openly claim scum in the thread on accident
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:16 pm
It’s like three hours in that’s a pretty fast redemption arc
I know Alison as mafia does the "You're super scummy raaah" and then reconsiders to look town when the townie she accuses (me) is pissed off, shows town spark, and argues back. For example. And that happens quite fast. So I don't think it's out of range or anything, but it is quite conspiracy theory-ish.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Gavial wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:48 am Dyslexicon is trying to ML Town.
Only Scum ML Town.
Dyslexicon caught scum!

Dybu Dabu

- That ones for you @Vulgard
Let's go back to this then

Do you think the glowing statement is true?

And are you serious with your vote and stuff?

(I low glow text lol)
Invictius
Stool Pigeon

Post by Invictius »

Alison
DkKoba
Dyslexicon
falcon45ca
Fingersplints
Gavial
Hollowkatt
Long Con
Marmot
Staypositivefriend
tonystarkprime

this is disappointingly less than i thought.

still a good start!

i dont include scum reads on my lists, but im more than happy to clarify who those are if anyone asks. particularly i dont like gavial, hollow, or koba right now and will vote among those 3.

if anyone thinks this is too many town reads, there's also a lot of town compared to scum! i like to solve via town reads and creating a poe to find scum. for the most part my town reads are pretty consistently good so it works well for me.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Could you explain finger
Invictius
Stool Pigeon

Post by Invictius »

okay well all of those kinda look the same:

strong town reads: dizzy/splints/spf
weaker town reads: alison/nook
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Also technically salad but it’s fine in context
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I just got conspiratorial
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Alison
DkKoba
falcon45ca
Fingersplints
Gavial
Hollowkatt
Invictus
Long Con
Marmot

Staypositivefriend
tonystarkprime

Colors/early feels. Blue is for fun to think about. No real scum reads, much because it's early D1 and I don't make my mind up easily.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:45 pm I'm still town, what have I missed?
You could read the game and figure out, that would be super! Since you are town, we're eagerly awaiting your input! :beer:
Invictius
Stool Pigeon

Post by Invictius »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:23 pm Could you explain finger
is this at me?

if so,

finger sees something she might not like from another player. she doesn't immediately pounce on it and instead questions to see where the person that finger is questioning goes with their answer. the fact she gave them room to operate and didn't immediately just go at them for the "trying to go after someone that looks weak and vulnerable to push" is what gives me town vibes. scum tend to lock in fast and early because they're just faking their read, she's actually trying to establish a read.

this is kinda wordy, but it's her method of developing the read i liked essentially. it's a towny approach.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:02 am
Alison wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:49 am Well, at least not in a game this size. In larger games maybe, since he'd be more inclined to slank early, but Dizzy is good at projecting town in smaller games.
Would I be good at that as any alignment in your opinion?
@Alison Did you miss this? I was actually wondering =p
Invictius
Stool Pigeon

Post by Invictius »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:24 pm Also technically salad but it’s fine in context
salad? like word salad?

im over-explaining everything because it's my first game and more often than not when you come into a new place while experienced you can look off to others youre unfamiliar with if you're just doing stuff and no one understands what you're doing.

what do you think of the 3 people i found scummy/out of the three who would you be most comfortable voting?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Invictius wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:39 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:24 pm Also technically salad but it’s fine in context
salad? like word salad?

im over-explaining everything because it's my first game and more often than not when you come into a new place while experienced you can look off to others youre unfamiliar with if you're just doing stuff and no one understands what you're doing.

what do you think of the 3 people i found scummy/out of the three who would you be most comfortable voting?
Salad is kind of a thing here - similar to how coffee tell is a thing from PerC. And both things have wandered off to other sites.

My understanding is that a salad is a scummy thing when people say "I'm suspicious of Dizzy, Hally, Belzy and mayyybe Thunal." <-- Typical example. Just listing up names, generally with a maybe at the end, without explanation. I don't really know the significance or thought behind it, and I think it's very context dependent. Some players tend to just list reads like that in any case imo. Just like some people tends to coffee tell in general as either alignment.

In any case, what you did wasn't even a salad imo. Cause you listed all the names and coloured the once you had a reason to clear. Which is quite different in my mind.

How's that for over explaining? =p
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

It's very possible I don't really know how "salad" is used. Probably have different meaning for different players anyway.
Invictius
Stool Pigeon

Post by Invictius »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:44 pm
Invictius wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:39 pm
salad? like word salad?

Salad is kind of a thing here - similar to how coffee tell is a thing from PerC. And both things have wandered off to other sites.

My understanding is that a salad is a scummy thing when people say "I'm suspicious of Dizzy, Hally, Belzy and mayyybe Thunal." <-- Typical example. Just listing up names, generally with a maybe at the end, without explanation. I don't really know the significance or thought behind it, and I think it's very context dependent. Some players tend to just list reads like that in any case imo. Just like some people tends to coffee tell in general as either alignment.

In any case, what you did wasn't even a salad imo. Cause you listed all the names and coloured the once you had a reason to clear. Which is quite different in my mind.

How's that for over explaining? =p
coffee tell makes sense.

i have no idea what this means. i guess with no context given it can be scummy, but i do my lists as more of a recap and the reads themselves are in my posts.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Invictius wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:49 pmcoffee tell makes sense.

i have no idea what this means. i guess with no context given it can be scummy, but i do my lists as more of a recap and the reads themselves are in my posts.
Yeah, I know.

I think it's one of those things where here, some people flinch just from seeing a string of player names. And at PerC some people flinch just from the word "coffee", when that is not actually what the coffee tell is about. Mebbe :shrug2:

Return to “Previous Heists”