Bluey: The Werewolf Game - Game Thread (Game Over- Mafia win)

Moderator: Community Team

Hoo?

Poll ended at Tue May 25, 2021 6:00 pm

Syn
No votes
Dizzy
25%
HK
No votes
Joe (spec dead etc.)
75%

Total votes: 8
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 82
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Bluey: The Werewolf Game - Game Thread (Day 2)

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Marmot wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 4:23 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 4:21 pm I find myself wondering, Marmot, if you're influenced by the old-timey Syndicate no-claims lore where things like "cover" didn't exist. Do you think that's plausible?

I don't know what you're asking me here.
There's a tendency, though less in recent memory, for Syndicate long-timers to respond to power role cover with suspicion (or out themselves outright) -- it's a product of being unused to role claiming and the strategic wrinkles associated with it. I know you've played your share of claim-friendly games; I just also know you had a long hiatus that was preceded by an era on this site where those things were still very relevant.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 136
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

SPF, can you respond to why you were shielding Alison from a vig, and why she wasn't a good option?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

At the least I am glad this thread has woken up. Moribund mega-chops are bad.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 125

Post by Syn »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 4:08 pm
Syn wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 4:07 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 4:02 pm
Syn wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 4:02 pm I thought I was the next target after Marmot and JJJ resolve? Why LC instead?
What's your read on Gavial?
he's a tracker
Agreed. I'm wondering what inspired you to ask Gavial that question
This post of his:
Gavial wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 2:36 pm @Long Con
Always go Syn first before Tony when I’m gone.
LC was part of his towncore and he specifically @'d LC to tell him to get me instead of Tony once Gavial's NKed and if the team isn't Marmot/you.

Now LC is your assumed partner after Marmot claimed vig. So LC is no longer towncore and I am no longer the pick, and as far as I can tell, there's no reason why that is.

ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 4:24 pm
Marmot wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 4:23 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 4:21 pm I find myself wondering, Marmot, if you're influenced by the old-timey Syndicate no-claims lore where things like "cover" didn't exist. Do you think that's plausible?

I don't know what you're asking me here.
There's a tendency, though less in recent memory, for Syndicate long-timers to respond to power role cover with suspicion (or out themselves outright) -- it's a product of being unused to role claiming and the strategic wrinkles associated with it. I know you've played your share of claim-friendly games; I just also know you had a long hiatus that was preceded by an era on this site where those things were still very relevant.

The cover didn't bother me at first. It wasn't until my earlier interactions with SPF that I grew wary of her, and bothered to look back at her posts. That's when I noticed other things that stood out to me.

Do you think her cover was warranted and/or believable?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 132
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Bluey: The Werewolf Game - Game Thread (Day 1)

Post by staypositivefriend »

Marmot wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:51 pm I believe that the Invcitus claim, SPF counterclaim was an attempt to get the vig role out in the open to talk about, and give SPF a little bit of cred for CCing providing cover. Also, in the event that SPF was a civilian and/or the actual vig, wouldn't Invictus at least try to get her yeeted instead? He gave up far to easily for me to think that's the case.
1. how was i protecting alison from being shot by the vigilante by suggesting to invictus that i would like to give alison more time to post before i made up my mind about her alignment? for one, this would have no impact on how alison was treated by the rest of the thread, let alone the real vigilante, and number two, the intention of that post was simply to add authenticity to my claim and convince invicitus that i wasn't going to immediately retract. i was putting on a show to get him to out himself, and it worked

it's worth noting that i have made no attempts to shield alison from the POE in general - i had very little to say about her on d1 because she only made a handful of posts throughout the entire day, and it was clear to me that her lack of activity was not alignment indicative - there was just ultimately not enough content to read her alignment off of. i have expressed concerns about alison's slot today and i have made no attempts to take them out of the consensus POE or prevent people from wolfreading them

if i'm a wolf and i'm trying to protect the alison slot, then i am doing an objectively bad job at it. if i'm wolf and i'm trying to bus the alison slot, then i'm doing an even worse job at it, since my approach to that slot will give me zero towncred in the event that they do flip wolf

the framing of your wallpost implies that gavial asking me to shoot alison was a factor in me deciding to retract, but the reason why i retracted is because invicitus 100%, objectively outed themselves as a wolf and i did not see the point of continuing to keep up the fakeclaim any longer
staypositivefriend
Hitman

anyway, i will spend the time we have left in the day scumhunting to the best of my ability - apologies for losing my temper a bit
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Marmot wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 4:28 pm The cover didn't bother me at first. It wasn't until my earlier interactions with SPF that I grew wary of her, and bothered to look back at her posts. That's when I noticed other things that stood out to me.

Do you think her cover was warranted and/or believable?
I discussed that in my SPF review. Whether it was "warranted" is debatable, but whether it was "productive" is not -- it ensured Invictus could become a confirmed mafioso instead of a probable mafioso. That goes a long way, and might on its own power be the difference between me opening my own entry into the game with interactive reviews or instead just making posts.

I think it's reasonably believable because I have seen it before. She did the same thing in our champs game last year to a fake claiming mafioso. He claimed JOAT, she strongly protested in a way that was suggestive of a counter, and then he died. She wasn't a JOAT.

If the inspiration here is predominantly her relationship with my slot, then I really hope you and any others will chill out with that stuff and think about the game one step at a time.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@Gavial it'd be really swell to know what you saw from Tony that you thought were never-mafia power role covers.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 4:31 pm
Marmot wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:51 pm I believe that the Invcitus claim, SPF counterclaim was an attempt to get the vig role out in the open to talk about, and give SPF a little bit of cred for CCing providing cover. Also, in the event that SPF was a civilian and/or the actual vig, wouldn't Invictus at least try to get her yeeted instead? He gave up far to easily for me to think that's the case.
1. how was i protecting alison from being shot by the vigilante by suggesting to invictus that i would like to give alison more time to post before i made up my mind about her alignment? for one, this would have no impact on how alison was treated by the rest of the thread, let alone the real vigilante, and number two, the intention of that post was simply to add authenticity to my claim and convince invicitus that i wasn't going to immediately retract. i was putting on a show to get him to out himself, and it worked

it's worth noting that i have made no attempts to shield alison from the POE in general - i had very little to say about her on d1 because she only made a handful of posts throughout the entire day, and it was clear to me that her lack of activity was not alignment indicative - there was just ultimately not enough content to read her alignment off of. i have expressed concerns about alison's slot today and i have made no attempts to take them out of the consensus POE or prevent people from wolfreading them

if i'm a wolf and i'm trying to protect the alison slot, then i am doing an objectively bad job at it. if i'm wolf and i'm trying to bus the alison slot, then i'm doing an even worse job at it, since my approach to that slot will give me zero towncred in the event that they do flip wolf

the framing of your wallpost implies that gavial asking me to shoot alison was a factor in me deciding to retract, but the reason why i retracted is because invicitus 100%, objectively outed themselves as a wolf and i did not see the point of continuing to keep up the fakeclaim any longer

Wouldn't a better cover be to stick with the roleclaim and eat the nightkill tonight?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

staypositivefriend
Hitman

Marmot wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 4:37 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 4:31 pm

Wouldn't a better cover be to stick with the roleclaim and eat the nightkill tonight?
i did consider that, but there were too many factors out of my control for it to be a good idea. i didn't know if the wolves would hit the vigilante or the tracker, and if i was alive the following day with ~no~ claimed vig shot (or even worse, a vig shot that i did not claim to have), it probably would have led to me getting chopped or at least heavily scrutinized

my claim served one obvious utility (making invictus hardclaim wolf) - i didn't feel the need to push it beyond that
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[VOTE: Invictus] aubergine

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

staypositivefriend
Hitman

gonna reiterate again that my approach to solving today has been based on the idea that i will get another 48 hours to scumhunt tomorrow - these reads are underdeveloped but i feel pressed to take some kind of stance before the end of the day in light of marmot's claim and his intent to shoot me

i recall that when i bussed long con in grasslands mafia a long time ago, we made a point of making theatre out of it and getting people to dissociate us as a team. that makes the fact that long con barely interacted with or responded to invicitus's suspicions reflect somewhat well on long con, IMO. i don't feel that long con is out of his wolfrange based on my parsing of his ISO, but i think the most simple explanation is that he is a villager, and i personally wouldn't touch there until later in the game if the POE has dwindled down

i feel the same way about hollowkatt - it is possible to envision a world where HK/invict committed to a hardbus wifom extravaganza, but the answer that requires the least amount of assumptions is simply that hollowkatt is a villager

if nanook is a wolf, i'm not getting there in the next hour. i feel that there is a specific interaction between invict, koba, nanook, and myself in the middle of d1 that suggests that nanook could be a spewed villager, and i have felt that nanook's posting in general is villagery. this seems to be a fairly contentious slot, so i will make a point of ISO'ing nanook and settling on a read on him if i'm alive tomorrow. at the moment, i'm leaning on him being a villager

marmot is the vig

gavial is the tracker

if all of those names are villagers, that means the wolves are in:

TSP/jaggedjimmyjay/dizzy/syn

i'm not sure how i feel about that pool of names - i maintain my feeling that dizzy had a very villagery d1 and he would not be my first shot of choice, but i also feel that his reaction to marmot wanting to shoot me was oddly opportunistic. it was out of character for dizzy to spend the entirety of this game reiterating that i was a fairly comfortable townread of his, only to react to marmot outing himself and threatening to shoot me by saying: "yeah! i can see it!". that said, i'm not sure how much of this read is being influenced by the fact that it has to do with dizzy scumreading ~me~, but his read on me did a turnaround that i am struggling to understand coming from a villager POV

most of TSP's posts have been fairly lukewarm to me - he is a slot that will probably inevitably get mischopped in the event that he is a villager, and i dont think it's a bad idea to resolve his slot tonight

continuing to withhold judgement about jagged's slot until i see what his overall view of the game looks like - his analysis has been agreeable so far but i haven't really had the chance to go back and forth with him and bounce ideas off of him, and i think that those interactions will make jagged's alignment clearer to me than anything

i thought that both syn and koba's posts were mildly villagery so i actually dont feel totally comfortable having them in this pool. the fact that i feel this way is making me wonder if i'm misreading someone among long con/HK/nanook, but i don't have the time to deduce that right now
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Oh that's right. Extremely minor thing but until just now, SPF and JJJ were the only two who hadn't voted for Invictus. XD

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

staypositivefriend
Hitman

i will end today w/a vote on myself as an act of protest!
hollowkatt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 180

Post by hollowkatt »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 4:58 pm i will end today w/a vote on myself as an act of protest!
could you not tho?
tutuu wrote:fluffy furry
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

[VOTE: Marmot] aubergine

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Marmot wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:00 pm [VOTE: Marmot] aubergine
[VOTE: marmot] aubergine
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I dare the mafia to join us.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

staypositivefriend
Hitman

@Marmot - in my humble opinion, you need to apply occam's razor to my slot. it is possible that there exists a world where i did an elaborate fakeclaim with invictus for the purpose of bussing and getting myself towncred, but the option that requires the least amount of assumptions is that me and invicitus are not aligned with each other. i have been confused by how willing you are to theorize that me and invictus are doing theatre without being equally willing to theorize the obvious possibility that we are simply not teamed with each other

it should also be obvious to you by this point that me and jagged aren't teamed - there is no world where i get strategic benefit out of my current treatment of jagged if we are wolves together. i am not townreading him or protecting him but i'm also not really pushing for him to be shot - he's just broadly ~in~ my POE. this is a position where wolves often put their partners, yes, but i'm a wolf that is capable of reading a room and knowing when a slot is going to die sooner than later, and my focus as a wolf that is teamed w/jagged would be to dissociate jagged and myself as much as possible by bussing, ~or~ i would try to protect him and change the current gamestate. my middling, passive approach to his slot is the worst strategic move that i could make as a wolf, and i hope that congress of vienna showed to you that my wolfgame is not as tepid as you seem to be implying with that read

if your beef with me is simply the fact that i fos'd you and pressured you earlier today, then that's something that you will simply have to reckon with. i had concerns about you, those concerns were reasonable, and i tried to work with you to reach common ground
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Marmot wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:03 pm I dare the mafia to join us.
I'm only here b/c self-voting is dumb
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

hollowkatt wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:04 pm

Is SPF a good vig choice for tonight?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

staypositivefriend
Hitman

if i get shot tonight, then i literally have no regrets, and i would do it the exact same way if i could do it all over again. i got the wolf to hard confirm themselves, and in a perfect world, the mafia would have no idea who the vigilante is right now
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

I would humbly suggest that the vig not try to coordinate their kill

ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:04 pm @Marmot - in my humble opinion, you need to apply occam's razor to my slot. it is possible that there exists a world where i did an elaborate fakeclaim with invictus for the purpose of bussing and getting myself towncred, but the option that requires the least amount of assumptions is that me and invicitus are not aligned with each other. i have been confused by how willing you are to theorize that me and invictus are doing theatre without being equally willing to theorize the obvious possibility that we are simply not teamed with each other

it should also be obvious to you by this point that me and jagged aren't teamed - there is no world where i get strategic benefit out of my current treatment of jagged if we are wolves together. i am not townreading him or protecting him but i'm also not really pushing for him to be shot - he's just broadly ~in~ my POE. this is a position where wolves often put their partners, yes, but i'm a wolf that is capable of reading a room and knowing when a slot is going to die sooner than later, and my focus as a wolf that is teamed w/jagged would be to dissociate jagged and myself as much as possible by bussing, ~or~ i would try to protect him and change the current gamestate. my middling, passive approach to his slot is the worst strategic move that i could make as a wolf, and i hope that congress of vienna showed to you that my wolfgame is not as tepid as you seem to be implying with that read

if your beef with me is simply the fact that i fos'd you and pressured you earlier today, then that's something that you will simply have to reckon with. i had concerns about you, those concerns were reasonable, and i tried to work with you to reach common ground
I fail to see why this should be true while this is also true.

Also a POE candidate is a great vig choice, especially one which was at the time AFK, I think that town SPF would agree. Also per this point, if Alison/JJJ and Invictus are wolves, their teammate would look around the room and see one being outed and yeeted, and the other being the primary vig option. That's a terrible gamestate for the wolves to be in.

I think if you're town, you could recognize that Alison was, at the time, a great vig option.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Syn wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:12 pm I would humbly suggest that the vig not try to coordinate their kill
Why?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Marmot wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:16 pm
Syn wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:12 pm I would humbly suggest that the vig not try to coordinate their kill
Why?
I wrote out an explanation and then realized I was stupid

so never mind me

ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I’m being pulled away and may not be back by the deadline. I suggest shooting Tony.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

staypositivefriend
Hitman

Marmot wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:14 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:04 pm @Marmot - in my humble opinion, you need to apply occam's razor to my slot. it is possible that there exists a world where i did an elaborate fakeclaim with invictus for the purpose of bussing and getting myself towncred, but the option that requires the least amount of assumptions is that me and invicitus are not aligned with each other. i have been confused by how willing you are to theorize that me and invictus are doing theatre without being equally willing to theorize the obvious possibility that we are simply not teamed with each other

I fail to see why this should be true while this is also true.

Also a POE candidate is a great vig choice, especially one which was at the time AFK, I think that town SPF would agree. Also per this point, if Alison/JJJ and Invictus are wolves, their teammate would look around the room and see one being outed and yeeted, and the other being the primary vig option. That's a terrible gamestate for the wolves to be in.

I think if you're town, you could recognize that Alison was, at the time, a great vig option.
the answer to why both of these things are true is contained within the post that you're quoting. wolves have a tendency to broadly shade their partners without pushing on them, but in this specific context, it would be an extremely stupid strategy for me to treat jagged in the way that i have if we were partnered together. it would be a treatment that would give me no towncred in the slightest from a jagged scum flip while also doing absolutely nothing to change the direction of jagged inevitably getting killed

also, you are hilariously overstating the way that i reacted to gavial's suggestion that alison should be shot. this is the exchange:
staypositivefriend wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:23 pm
Gavial wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:23 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:22 pm well w/e, i don't care if this dude wants to fish my role out. i CC vig. i did not shoot last night

you can go into anti-spew now
You shoot Alison tonight?
I track PoE?
i'd like to give alison some more time to talk before i decide if she should be POE'd or not, but i'm fine with us settling on a shot by the end of the day
gavial did not ask me: "do you think that alison is a good potential shot for tonight?", or "what are your thoughts about alison?".

gavial asked me: "you shoot alison tonight?". i was not going to take a definitive stance on shooting a player that had been absent from the thread due to health issues without allowing her the opportunity to post more, and furthermore, there would be NO point in replying like this as a wolf, because i'm not a real vigilante and my opinion on the shot did not matter at that point! there is NOTHING in this post that is protecting alison, and i am astounded that you even think that this is an example of me "not agreeing" that alison was a good shot
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Syn wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:20 pm
Why?

so never mind me

You're not stupid, there's probably times where that's true, I just don't think a setup where mafia has 0 PRs is one of them.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Syn wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:20 pm
Why?

so never mind me

You're not stupid, there's probably times where that's true, I just don't think a setup where mafia has 0 PRs is one of them.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

[VOTE: Invictus] aubergine

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 203
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

My ordered legacy is

If I die before I wake,
Pray the lord tsp's soul to take,
Hush little dizzy don't say a word,
And nevermind that HK you heard,
Its just the Jay under your bed,
In your closet in your head
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 302

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 4:20 pm Regarding Alison:

One gripe is that she gave Invictus a frivolous town read on the basis of overblown chatter about his initial RVS vote on Dizzy. I can't read Alison's mind. I do suspect what happened here though was enthusiasm about generating early town reads. She has taken more to the raw POE approach, quite like the one I often favor, in recent memory and that has been reflected in her recent town play. This was probably an example of the same. By whatever process, she felt like she could town read Invictus and moved from there. Had she played longer I have no idea what she'd have done with that -- if she's like me though, being wrong about an early Day 1 read is not a big deal -- making the read is still valuable for thread development. She was wrong, oh well.

Otherwise her commentary about Invictus is essentially nothing. She didn't dwell on the read and just played the game to the extent that she could. I can understand folks having doubts about the interaction, but that it's being treated as a slam dunk by so many folks is good evidence of confirmation bias clouding the game. That's on everyone else to sort out; I am not going to spend more of my limited time concerned with that. She's town. I'm town. You'll find it if you let yourself find it (the general "you").
1. It’s not about Alison reaching a slight town read on Invi, it’s about the whole line of questioning being unnatural. Heavy handed, asking for links, when the starting point is literally a meaningless RVS vote.

2. “So many folks” are not treating this as a slam dunk. I’m literally the only one who brought the interaction up and cared to discuss it. Nobody else has.

3. I think the interaction shows that they are teammates.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I’m sleeping. Good luck with your choices!
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Spf, I’m not scum reading you. I’m scum reading Alison. And there is one more.
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Marmot wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:06 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:04 pm

Is SPF a good vig choice for tonight?
I'm the wrong hero to ask
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

[VOTE: invictius] aubergine
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:43 pm My ordered legacy is

If I die before I wake,
I know that's a riff on Metallica, but were they riffing on the Lords Prayer and Hush Little Baby b/c that's pretty metal of them
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Spf not what I would’ve done, Marmot.

I’d shoot Jimmay.

I’m glad I’m not the vig though.
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 203
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

hollowkatt wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:06 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:43 pm My ordered legacy is

If I die before I wake,
I know that's a riff on Metallica, but were they riffing on the Lords Prayer and Hush Little Baby b/c that's pretty metal of them
I'm aware yes

Its a derivative of a derivative
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dizzy, I’ve been treated like a foregone conclusion by at least four people. You’re not the only one.

Don’t waste a vig shot on me. I am town, and I can only hope folks will be ready to listen next time. This thread is a case study in intra-town toxicity, and it will be an even bigger problem whenever I’m dead. Too many folks are not at all ready to contend with this game after I flip despite my best efforts to encourage broader solving. It doesn’t have to be that way, and we can be better. Give me the dang chance and I can do whatever I can to make y’all listen.

Also Nanook’s posts suck and I’ve not seen any convincing sell that he’s town. If not Tony shoot him.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

also the black album is exclusively cheese

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

conf bias hitting me something fierce

ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Syn wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:23 pm conf bias hitting me something fierce
with regard to what

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 32

Post by MacDougall »

Who gots Fingersplints
Poll ended at Mon May 17, 2021 8:26 am

Alison
No votes
Voters: None
DkKoba/Syn
No votes
Dyslexicon
No votes
Gavial
No votes
Hollowkatt
No votes
Invictius
69%
Voters: Marmot, TonyStarkPrime, NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, Gavial, Long Con, Syn, Dyslexicon, JaggedJimmyJay, hollowkatt
Long Con
No votes
Marmot
No votes
No votes
Staypositivefriend
8%
Voters: staypositivefriend
tonystarkprime
No votes
The Big Bad Wolf (Host, dead, spec)
23%
Voters: DkKoba, Scotty, MacDougall
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

SPF is right about one thing in that lengthy exchange with Marmot -- waffling about on one's mafia teammates is the lowest-level kind of overt connection that most players with enough experience and/or bravado will typically avoid. That notion can be broadened just beyond the context of just her treatment of Alison/myself and to the roster at large.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Day 2 has ended.

Invictius got bored and went outside to play instead.

He was Bluey, mafia goon.

22.5 hrs for night actions. (time correcting)
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

In the night...

JaggedJimmyJay has been sent outside to play with the others.

He was Muffin, mafia goon.

Gavial was bullied relentlessly and is now in tears in the bathroom.

He was Mackenzie, town tracker.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Bluey: The Werewolf Game - Game Thread (Day 3)

Post by MacDougall »

Thread is unlocked.

Return to “Previous Heists”