Game Over! Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Moderator: Community Team

How did Das Porcu do co-hosting his first game?

Stupendous!
80%
Horrific!
No votes
Who is Das Porcu?
No votes
Fucking fabulous!!/Hosts
20%

Total votes: 15
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 375

Re: Day 2 Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Post by S~V~S »

Hedge, I read it as hedging your bets. So if I was lynched and bad, yay you. And if I was lynched and good, oh well, you were not sure which of us was bad. And if MP was lynched, and good, yay you, you must have been right about SVS, then lets all pile on SVS. If he came up bad, then, well you weren't seeing it, that rascally MP, he fools you every time.

THAT was how I read that. Totally gut interpretation.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 153
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

In the intervening days, I've gone off you as a suspect anyway. I'm not sure what I meant by "abrupt" to be honest.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 91

Post by Hedgeowl »

bea wrote:yes - what goosey said re: hedgy - the vote and suspish of svs seemed to come out of left field from her. At the time it wasn't quite enough for me to want to day 1 vote her (I can't even remember if she was on the poll yesterday now. It's hell getting old kids) - but it definately made me "wait? what? a minute. It didn't help any that I thought her list was somehow a JC post. :facepalm:
This is weird as that wasnt what was said at the i am pretty sure. Now you and mongoose suspect me for suspecting svs out of nowhere? Svs suspected me for suspecting her, which at least isnt unexcpected, but i posted my list way before voting and addressed both juliets and svs asking why i listed them along with MP. My list was a 'now that i read the thread here are the 3 folks standing out to me.' After a thorouugh read of juliets i dropped my suspicion of her and a choice between svs and mp. So i picked my bigger suspect.

Linki - yeah and i can understand that suspicion rereading my post, but as i think i explained at the time my 'probably' was meant to be there because didnt know if there were. 1 or 2 baddie teams and i did t think you and mp would both be bad. Since no one was defending mp at all and he had so many voters, it seemed more and more unlikely that he had teammates, so i voted you.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I think we were just jumpy and looking for any little tidbit to go on so early in the game.

But since you've been gone (I hope you had fun with A&E&E&C, by the way!), we've got some stronger suspecs now, as you can see.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

OK, thanks for explaining. I had no intention of voting for you (if I could which I don;t think I could) now, really. It's just a "keep it in mind" thing, like MMs Devils Advocate thing, which I don't seem to recall seeing him do in other games, but it could be that he never hit my radar in the past when he acted that way.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

S~V~S wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Made wrote:
Enrique wrote:Yeah, Made... why would you make that assumption in the first place?
Honestly, because assumptions are fun. They also allowed me to get a theory. When SVS pointed out I assumed even, I edited my theory to account for additional people.

Since no one''s called me on it yet, I also assumed that if someone critizied Hedge they weren't teammates. I just assumed this because i would help is get a smaller group of candidates for questioning

As for your other comment about questioning you Enrique...

Ignore the last line of that,
I'm taking an Practice ACT so I wouldn't be able to post this when the timer in my Signature ends. The forum's been too slow to day to try to alarm everyone anyways :/
Why don't we just keep everything in the game thread?
This. This x100.

Mister Rearranger wrote:Has anyone else read the first page again?

Only asking 'cause it seems like there's some confusion as to what DF's role was, as well as what MP's role could have done...
I did a bit after the post went up, and it wasn't updated then, so i did not think to look back. Thanks for pointing this out. I do think that Roger, whomever he might be, has gotten a very lucky break. And MP was an every other night SK, hopefully there is not another such. And a SK with NP half the time, I am glad he is gone, he needs to study anyhow :D
Whoops, i just looked too. Very helpful. I'll keep reading for now. 5 more paaaages!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 192

Post by Enrique »

I just found out I can't transfer to Boston this January as intended. Will have to wait until at least next August. So bummed right now :sigh:
S~V~S wrote:Hedge, I read it as hedging your bets. So if I was lynched and bad, yay you. And if I was lynched and good, oh well, you were not sure which of us was bad. And if MP was lynched, and good, yay you, you must have been right about SVS, then lets all pile on SVS. If he came up bad, then, well you weren't seeing it, that rascally MP, he fools you every time.

Or, she just thought one of you was bad. I'm not sure why such a big deal is being made out of this. It's a valid thought to have / opinion to voice. Nothing Hedgie has said has really rubbed me the wrong way at all.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I think we were just overly jumpy in trying to find the smallest little thing that could be suspicious early on. I don't see what the big deal is now either. I think I just needed a bit of distance from the game(which setting my own game allowed me) to see that.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Long Con wrote:
juliets wrote:
Long Con wrote:
juliets wrote:Yeah Made, I didn't play Misfits but i read enough of it to know your playstyle is whack. Nevertheless, I agree with Bullz. I have also started to wonder if you are making up these wild theories to keep the eye away from others. I have believed in your civviness but I am starting to have doubts or as Bullz brings up maybe I'm just confused by you. I know I'm confused by some of those theories.
Hmm...

Ping. I don't buy the "keep the eye away from others" thing. Sounds contrived. Then add "I'm confused" and it's more suspicious to me.
That's interesting. Maybe I didn't say it right. I have started wondering if some of the things made has said have been attention getters, to pull us away from others who may be bad. Also, I don't think I've fully understood one theory made has put out there. I may understand part of it but usually there is a line or two i don't understand. I'm not saying a general "I'm confused" or even a general "I'm confused about everything made has said". But I am confused by some of it, which is what I thought I said.
So, you think Made and his baddie teammates have a plan where the rest of them escape suspicion through Made's demand for attention? Made is just a sacrificial lamb in the hopes that his team won't get suspicion because of it?

I don't really think that's credible. Ping remains on Juliets.

Didnt Canuck mention this theory first? If not her then someone else posted that Made was distracting the whole thread for possibly bad reasons...
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 340
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Long Con wrote:
juliets wrote:
Long Con wrote:
juliets wrote:Yeah Made, I didn't play Misfits but i read enough of it to know your playstyle is whack. Nevertheless, I agree with Bullz. I have also started to wonder if you are making up these wild theories to keep the eye away from others. I have believed in your civviness but I am starting to have doubts or as Bullz brings up maybe I'm just confused by you. I know I'm confused by some of those theories.
Hmm...

Ping. I don't buy the "keep the eye away from others" thing. Sounds contrived. Then add "I'm confused" and it's more suspicious to me.
That's interesting. Maybe I didn't say it right. I have started wondering if some of the things made has said have been attention getters, to pull us away from others who may be bad. Also, I don't think I've fully understood one theory made has put out there. I may understand part of it but usually there is a line or two i don't understand. I'm not saying a general "I'm confused" or even a general "I'm confused about everything made has said". But I am confused by some of it, which is what I thought I said.
So, you think Made and his baddie teammates have a plan where the rest of them escape suspicion through Made's demand for attention? Made is just a sacrificial lamb in the hopes that his team won't get suspicion because of it?

Didnt Canuck mention this theory first? If not her then someone else posted that Made was distracting the whole thread for possibly bad reasons...
I don't think it was canuck, but SVS did. SVS used my confusion of what she was talking about with LC as an example of me derailing the thread. I later find out they were talking about another game entirely.
Pov: you reading my takes
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Enrique wrote:I just found out I can't transfer to Boston this January as intended. Will have to wait until at least next August. So bummed right now :sigh:
S~V~S wrote:Hedge, I read it as hedging your bets. So if I was lynched and bad, yay you. And if I was lynched and good, oh well, you were not sure which of us was bad. And if MP was lynched, and good, yay you, you must have been right about SVS, then lets all pile on SVS. If he came up bad, then, well you weren't seeing it, that rascally MP, he fools you every time.

Or, she just thought one of you was bad. I'm not sure why such a big deal is being made out of this. It's a valid thought to have / opinion to voice. Nothing Hedgie has said has really rubbed me the wrong way at all.
Sorry to hear that :(

And even Hedgie said herself a few posts back^^ that she could see why her post could be read that way.
Dana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 193
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dana »

Every time I try to catch up there are just more pages of posts!
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

At a birthday party, afk
Dana say words
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

Words.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Quick, without thinking about it too much. What Is your opinions of these reeds?
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 247
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:OK, thanks for explaining. I had no intention of voting for you (if I could which I don;t think I could) now, really. It's just a "keep it in mind" thing, like MMs Devils Advocate thing, which I don't seem to recall seeing him do in other games, but it could be that he never hit my radar in the past when he acted that way.
Let me refresh your memory then.

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... ate#p68207

But I was mafia in that game, so take it how you will. Which of my post(s) in this game are you pointing out? And what do you mean 'hit my radar'? I don't recall you mentioning me in this game, ever, in terms of a ping.

Linki: You're distracting, Made.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Never mind SVS, I found what you were talking about, and just completely forgot we talked about it.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Metalmarsh89 wrote: Linki: You're distracting, Made.
Come one, I mean shit, all I'm doing is greeting a friend and I get shit for it? If this is distracting, so is The bea/Juliet talking about the draft. So is anyone who posted a YouTube video. Come on dude.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:OK, thanks for explaining. I had no intention of voting for you (if I could which I don;t think I could) now, really. It's just a "keep it in mind" thing, like MMs Devils Advocate thing, which I don't seem to recall seeing him do in other games, but it could be that he never hit my radar in the past when he acted that way.
Let me refresh your memory then.

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... ate#p68207

But I was mafia in that game, so take it how you will. Which of my post(s) in this game are you pointing out? And what do you mean 'hit my radar'? I don't recall you mentioning me in this game, ever, in terms of a ping.

Linki: You're distracting, Made.

I didn't play the Hobbit, I modded it. But now that I have seen it, I will recall it in future. And I mean if you did it in a game I played, it did not catch my attention.

A few days back, you really caught my eye, with the poky poky thing (I think I even used the word poky when I noted it), you seemed at that time to be poking people, but not adding much yourself. You have been more substantive since then, although equally poky.

And I think he is distracting, not distancing, but I could be wrong.

Linki, OK, lol~ consider it forgotten :D

Made, where did you hear the term "derail"? I searched this thread for derail, derailed & derailing, and The Misfits as well, and no one said it.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

MM, how did I read your post as "distancing" when you actually did say "distracting"??? LOL :derp:

But seriously Made, derail?
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

S~V~S wrote:Made, where did you hear the term "derail"? I searched this thread for derail, derailed & derailing, and The Misfits as well, and no one said it.
Derail is a common word... Like derailing the conversation? I don't think it's that odd for him to have said it.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 264

Post by Bullzeye »

Dana wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Made, where did you hear the term "derail"? I searched this thread for derail, derailed & derailing, and The Misfits as well, and no one said it.
Derail is a common word... Like derailing the conversation? I don't think it's that odd for him to have said it.
Yeah... Derail is a widely used metaphor, it's not like it's exclusive to mafia. He could have heard it anywhere and applied it here.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

It is a very specific Mafia term; derailing the thread. It is something I say alot, actually. I accuse people of it alot. It seems kind of a weird thing to just say by chance.
I don't think it was canuck, but SVS did. SVS used my confusion of what she was talking about with LC as an example of me derailing the thread. I later find out they were talking about another game entirely.
In this context it was used exactly correctly. It just struck me, used applying to me in this exact context. "SVS accused you of derailing the thread". Very weird. Could be a coincidence.

Made, what do YOU say?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

EBWOP he did not just say "derail" he said "derail the thread".

Let him answer, K?
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

You might be right in saying no one said that word, but I could of swore someone did :/.
Regardless, derail, confuse, distract. They imply I'm not adding to the conversation, or intentionally not acknowledging things which I'm not. (Beside stopping to acknowledge theories against myself, which apparently puts people on edge.)

Linki- Funny enough svs, I thought you said it.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Not in here, unless it was misspelled. I said it in other games.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

And before you define the proper mafia term, I figured it meant something like "change the topic to avoid talking about something else" or a synonym to distracting.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 243
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Long Con wrote:
juliets wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Hmm...

The original idea came from somewhere else, i don't know that it was Canuck, because at first I dismissed it. Here though I'm starting to entertain it. So why is it pingy when I bring it up but not when the original person brought it up?

p.s. I see now that it was SVS who I'm not seeing as bad this game
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

I should say I figure. I used it because Ik what I means when used in the context, of say reddit.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

S~V~S wrote:
Made wrote:
S~V~S wrote:That is not a relaxation. That is a clarification.
Nah, Relaxation. She said "it will cease again." implying that at one point discussing this was against the rules.

Night!
This is actually not an important thing, and if you wish to be right, OK. You're right :fiesta:

Again, I think this was an attempt on your part to redirect, and i think it failed.
The closest thing I can find to that discussion is "redirect".

And I don't think this alone makes you bad, but it caught my eye. I have thought you were bad for some time, I voted for you already, in any case.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

S~V~S wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Made wrote:
S~V~S wrote:That is not a relaxation. That is a clarification.
Nah, Relaxation. She said "it will cease again." implying that at one point discussing this was against the rules.

Night!
This is actually not an important thing, and if you wish to be right, OK. You're right :fiesta:

Again, I think this was an attempt on your part to redirect, and i think it failed.
The closest thing I can find to that discussion is "redirect".

And I don't think this alone makes you bad, but it caught my eye. I have thought you were bad for some time, I voted for you already, in any case.
First post of yours that's pingged me all game. Is repeating yourself again and again exclaming your vote for me something that civvies often do? I remember ME doing that during misfits, but even then that seemed off to me.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

It is something that I do often, civvies as a group do all different things. I just point it out whenever i find yet another reason to find you suspicious, I guess. If votes were not changeable, i would not be saying it as much, most likely. But since they are, it is just a shorthand for, "Won't be changing my vote".
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Also I am guessing a vote block went with Llamas silence, which makes me more sure it's a baddie silence. I think he would have voted already were he able to, just to let us know he's paying attention.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 89

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

S~V~S wrote:Also I am guessing a vote block went with Llamas silence, which makes me more sure it's a baddie silence. I think he would have voted already were he able to, just to let us know he's paying attention.
Unless he is both silenced and unable to vote. I feel like I've started to see that more often lately with silencing-type roles.
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 75

Post by Mister Rearranger »

5 votes in with 3 hours to go. -_-
We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 89

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

I have to leave around 5, so I'm holding off to vote until the last possible minute. I'm leaning towards JC because some of Hedge's posts from today have made me back off there a bit.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 139

Post by Canucklehead »

Gahhh...I have to vote nowish, while I'm here and reading, or I will absolutely forget to do so. What follows is a very random/incoherent rundown of my current incoherent thoughts.

Re: llama silenced: my first thought when it was pointed out was that it was a self-silencing by a baddie team that llama is on in order to frame Made (very unlikely, since I think llama is a civ so far and since I get the impression that he is not the type to acquiesce to having silence imposed upon him :dance: ), or that it was an attempt by a baddie team that llama is not on to take advantage of an easy opportunity to frame Made (more likely). I agree with those who have pointed out that it doesn't make much sense for a civ silencer to have used their power on a good contributor and a seeming civ like llama, unless they somehow had info on him which seems highly unlikely this early in the game. So, this silencing thing makes me more convinced that both llama and Made are likely civs since obvious attempts to frame Made would appear to suggest that he is not on the team that is trying to frame him, and because llama silencing himself doesn't make a lot of sense. I suppose either could be on a different baddie team than the silencer. Of the two, I think llama is more clearly civ, but I've found llama's behaviour civ in all the games I've played with him so far so :shrug: . I might not be a good judge of llama. I think (and have thought all game) that Made is very likely a civ, though SVS's recent note of his use of derail is interesting. I'm willing to buy that he used it naturally (I've certainly heard it used outside of mafia many times, and it essentially means exactly the same thing in the real world that it does here, so it's not too much of a stretch for him to say "derail the thread"), or perhaps he heard it in another game. On its own, that single thing wouldn't really be enough for me to sway my civ-read on him....but the little things do seem to keep piling up around our boy Made. I am pondering. I'm not ready to vote for him yet, but I am much more able to understand why other people might be now than I was earlier.

Re: other suspicions: I had a ping from MM somewhere back a few pages ago, but when I did a re-read of all his posts I couldn't for the life of me figure out what the hell it was that had pinged me, so I guess it wasn't really that big of a deal?

No one has satisfactorily convinced me that there's a anything to the hedgie suspicions, but I do find Mongoose's backpedalling there a little odd. I need to re-read her posts to see if I'm making shit up/misunderstanding her earlier posts, or if she really has done a big turnaround on hedge when it failed to catch fire in the thread.

bwt: what's the suspicion of jc all about, in your mind? Fill me in. I'm looking for someone to vote for. ;)

Ninjajujube: come out come out wherever you are.....
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

here's my reasons for Juliet. There's more reasoning on page 36, if your pages are organized funny,just look on the page where I said this the first time.
Made wrote:
juliets wrote:Why you suspect me is not speculation it is you presenting evidence for why I am bad. You seem to be trying everything you can to avoid explaining. Do you not have a real reason?
Made wrote:Pretty colors on dark backgrounds!
DFaraday wrote:As someone who also takes awhile to get going in games, I can't be too harsh towards JC. I don't really have strong opinions yet either, and she seems genuine enough to me. I also don't know what to make of the Made/Llama thing, so I'll just...

*vote MR* because why not.
The JC(that's Juliet right?) comment is intresting, but to defend a teammate like this seems like a really bad move? As a counterarguement, was anyone else defending her? Maybe he felt he needed to speak up for the sake of her longevity. Also, Probably voted MR for a reason.
And
Made wrote:
juliets wrote:
Made wrote:
juliets wrote:MR -
So you non-nonchalantly left us, 3 of us, on our own to do that whole challenge? Do you know how hard that was? So really what I get out of what you're saying is you didn't care - you had no desire to help the team out. This explanation just doesn't help me with my uneasiness about you. I think there is a fair chance you not only didn't care you planned to not help us after you checked out who was there and saw we were not your teammates. No one else who was part of our group did this and some people like bwt and mp came in as soon as they could after they found out about the event. So bottom line, you intentionally didn't help us and as a result we struggled and ended up here. I am uneasy about you so you get my vote today -

votes MR
This one.
Thats MR not MP. And what do you find suspicious about this post?
While I agree that we were short on people and disorganized and things were chaotic, this just seemed to come out of no where.
And
Made wrote:
Made wrote:Indepth read of Juliet-
Very early on put on the defensive by a joke (that im pretty sure llama said) but previous to that, the only thing of substance she said was reiterating SVS's No Lynch is a bad idea Remark.

I'm starting to come to the realization that responding to all arguements/points that anyone makes towards you is a very easy way to avoid suspision.

Noted for when i actually am mafia :P (read on Movingpicture incoming)

Linki- I haven't met you either, hello Dfareday!
Thought about Juliet further. The fact that she was put on the defensive so easily with so little accusations or theories is pretty intresting. While it could be interpreted as on the defensive, it could also be interpreted as not posting to slide under the radar, and appearing to make sure that all thoughts against her are surpressed. Is she normally this jumpy?

linki- oh, read DH, yeah, DP and Roxy are my dudes.
So yeah... I think I've been pretty specific...[/quote]
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Thanks, Made.....but I was asking bwt. ;) :P
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Canucklehead wrote:Thanks, Made.....but I was asking bwt. ;) :P
Missed the "in your mind" remark, sorry.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 45
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Hello, all! I've had a busier weekend than expected traveling, so I'm catching up with the thread as we speak. Apologies for being inactive over the last few days. Will come back with thoughts and a vote hopefully soon :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 264

Post by Bullzeye »

I'm going to repeat yesterday's vote and go with JC again. Nothing has happened to change my mind about her and nobody else has really caught my attention either.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

I'm going through Mongoose's posts and am finding her stance on Hedgie a little hard to understand. Early on, she's unsure:
Mongoose wrote:I've got nothing out of that, except maybe he was trying to gain civvie cred by throwing Hedgie under the bus? If she is even bad, which I'm not totally convinced of yet.

The rest is very generic, not a lot going on. Lots of "throat clearing" phrases.
Then just a little later, she is willing to speculate that Hedgie was probably on DF's team:
Mongoose wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
S~V~S wrote:There are a lot of people here, not sure why they aren't talking :shrug:

Epi~ you say something CAN be gleaned, but don't say what. Willing to share, or watching & waiting?
I read it way more as distancing than protecting.
Read what that way? One of Faradays posts? Which one?

Linki, ah thanks Made, I was confuzzled, long day at work :)
Yeah, sorry. The one where he abruptly mentioned Hedgie. It didn't seem weird at the time, because others were mentioning her too, but in hindsight, I wonder if someone told him to get in here and make a throwaway comment.
The next (RL) day, Hedgie is downright suspicious for Mongoose:
Mongoose wrote:
juliets wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:Ok, gotta run, so voting SVS for now in case I dont make it back i time.

My feelings currently are that either MP or SVS are possibly a baddie, but probably not both. SVS's super focus on Made earlier in the game, made me suspicious, but then he redirection to Metal I found equally interesting. I would think of her voting for her top suspect. That also might have been to redirect focus from the llama-Enri-Made arguments, but I still thought it was unlike her. It made me think she was reacting to the heat she was getting about her Made suspicions.

Votes SVS
I am trying to understand the suspicion on Hedgie. I went back through her posts and all I saw was objection to her using the word "probably" in the above quote, the feeling being that she was trying to hedge her bets. Is this all that is out there or did I miss a big suspicion on her about something else?
Personally, I found her seemingly abrupt suspicion of SVS suspicious in of itself.
Note the repetition of the word "abrupt", which she previously used to characterize DF's "distancing" suspicions of Hedgie. This to me very much sounds like rehearsed or overly careful language....especially since just a few hours ago she wasn't sure why she had used that word:
Mongoose wrote:In the intervening days, I've gone off you as a suspect anyway. I'm not sure what I meant by "abrupt" to be honest.
Backpedalling b/c the Hedgie suspicion wasn't catching on in the thread?? (Perhaps because it was too associated with DF?)

And then these two posts, which are very, very hand-wavey/"Move along! Nothing to see here!":
Mongoose wrote:I think we were just jumpy and looking for any little tidbit to go on so early in the game.

But since you've been gone (I hope you had fun with A&E&E&C, by the way!), we've got some stronger suspecs now, as you can see.
Mongoose wrote:I think we were just overly jumpy in trying to find the smallest little thing that could be suspicious early on. I don't see what the big deal is now either. I think I just needed a bit of distance from the game(which setting my own game allowed me) to see that.
Again, note the very similar language between these two posts.

I honestly don't know what to make of this. Do Mongoose's posts always sound this scripted/overly careful? That's the impression I'm getting from them which, coupled with Epi's interesting observation about the possible disingenuous nature of her interactions with DF, is kinda making me think that Mongoose was a DF teamie, and that her strange backing off of the Hedgie thing is maybe a belated effort to do some distancing of her own after a failed attempt to tie DF and Hedgie together.
I dunno. I fully recognize that this is a very conjectural and not great case.....but I do find the Mongoose/DF connection interesting, and I think I'm going to vote there today. I don't expect anyone to follow me, but I do encourage you to take a close look at Mongoose's posts, which just read a litte goofy in tone to me...
:shrug:
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 43

Post by reywaS »

Enrique wrote:LOL those two consecutive posts where apparently I'm a leading lynch candidate out of the blue are golden. Maybe I'm forgetting something, but this is new, right? I've been a little distracted the last few days. No biggie, still don't intend to get lynched.

Can I just say I disagree with the argument that I only ever talk about the Made / llama deal BS? I've been around, I've called people out, asked to participate, responded to most discussions in this thread so far. Maybe most of my posts have been in my own defense but I've been talking craploads and definitely ventured outside that bubble. I actually really needed this day break lol.

It just sometimes feels like people don't read my posts, you know? And it gets really frustrating when people insist I'm working my ass off to save Made right now when I've made several posts questioning him and generally expressing distrust of him. Hell, if I'm not mistaken, I explicitly said I saw myself voting for him today. And because I know it's coming, I will address that this is not flip-flopping; I'm not voting for him because I'm suddenly convinced by llama's I'm gonna call it terrible "he must have BTSC" argument which I've already made too many posts against to be assed anymore. I'm especially wary of MM continuing to misrepresent my posts and just trying to make me look guilty in general. What's the deal here?

For most of the game I've felt pretty well about SVS, but this LC discussion does shake things a little. I didn't have a problem with her attitude which is where LC's original ping came from, but I'm not big into how she's responded to the accusations. I agree with LC when he says that when you yourself ask the accuser to compare your playstyle to a previous game, you absolutely cannot be trusted. Baddies are self-aware peeps; they learn from their mistakes and they will use previous games as reference to manipulate your opinion. I'm not close to ready to vote for SVS, in general I trust her, but this does remind me to keep an eye out for her. :eye:

People that keep bringing up Hedgie... I think it's pretty funny that nobody ever talks about what the case on her is. It's like she's just a buzz name thrown around by people who want to act like they're all over this game. "Oh yeah, definitely looking at Hedgie's posts," "I'm gonna look back on the Hedgie case to see what's going on." But then there's absolutely no content?? What the hell are you guys thinking? What makes Hedgie stand out from the other 20 players that you're even consider her for a vote? Please enlighten me here!

Something something juliets. I don't trust her a lot, and that exchange with LC definitely pinged me some. Too tired to even think of specific points right now, just sharing how it made me feel reading it. It's reallyy late and I almost forgot to Mafia before bed, but here I am, up to speed again. I will go back on this tomorrow before the lynch. I definitely won't vote for her without having made a case before, but eh, I'm not really that deep into this. I've known juliets on IRC for a few years but I'm not sure we'd ever played together before? It's a lot harder to suspect someone when you're not all that familiar with their style. For the most part I've backed off the llama thing because people insist it's civvie llama talking, it's just my gut disagrees. w/e we'll see
I don't think this is an exclusively baddie tactic...not at all. It could very well be a civvie argument too. I know I have been very frustrated as a wrongly accused civvie and have turned to comparing my style to previous games that had similar situations.
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Boogs »

Im still out for a friend's cookout and don't have time to read 3 pages.im going to stay with Enrique since i eanted to vote him Day 1.
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 43

Post by reywaS »

Made wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote: Linki: You're distracting, Made.
Come one, I mean shit, all I'm doing is greeting a friend and I get shit for it? If this is distracting, so is The bea/Juliet talking about the draft. So is anyone who posted a YouTube video. Come on dude.
No offense, Made, but I find your approach to this game to be all over the place. It seems like every post I read from you is going in a completely different direction as your post before it. Don't get me wrong, I love your zeal, but it is difficult to try to keep up with the points you are trying to make.
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 45
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Canucklehead wrote:Ninjajujube: come out come out wherever you are.....
Here I am!

Whew. That was...a lot of reading. Some suspicions I understand, and others I don't/haven't read into enough/don't really have the capacity right now to hold in my brain. So, with that being said, I'm looking in these directions:

Enrique: Pinged me from the beginning with the whole back-and-forth with llama, then conversational connection with DF, as someone quoted (was it Epi? Or multiple people? Anyway). I would've voted for him on Day 1, as I believe I said before. However, as I read the thread, I waffle with my opinion on him.

Made: While he's not playing differently from what I've seen before, he does seem to be distracting more than usual (not with pictures, mind you - the conversations themselves). Someone made a point that we can argue until the end of the game that "oh, that's his usual playstyle" and find out he's bad. Keeps mentioning the "two-person" baddie team, which could just be his normal speculating. But then...also pointed out that he's being "calculated in every move he makes." SVS said something about your behavior either being "noob" or purposely distracting for a reason. Hmmm... :ohyeah: And speaking of SVS:

SVS - Raaaaaaather unusual reactions a few pages back with Made, then with LC. And by unusual, I mean much more defensive/irritated than what I've seen for any game I've played with her, in such a short span of time, regardless of alignment. Perhaps you really are getting defensive because you're good and don't want to get lynched, but the other way around is just as possible. And I chose to ignore my ping of your "unusual" behavior in Misfits on Day 0 (albeit it was differently unusual, but still), and you were bad, bad, bad :p

My vote will go towards one of those three, and soon. Damn, re-reading takes forever!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 243
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

So LC I noticed you voted for me but never did answer my question.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

You were bad, bad, bad too, Hedge.

So I am getting suspish for over reacting to LCs ping? And he did not even vote for me?

Linki, yeah I noticed that, he was in the thread for a while, I thought maybe he lost his signal? He does not usually vote and run.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

juliets wrote:So LC I noticed you voted for me but never did answer my question.
What was your question.

I'd be willing to vote for Enrique if it were to come down to it.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”