Spoiler: show
Progression cases are bad.
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 531
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: PSY 2310 - Cognitive Psychology [DAY 2]

Post by staypositivefriend »

guys....i have to be honest.....i can't hold it back any longer....

i'm gay
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 324
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

ngl, i was considering posting SPF IS GAY as my last post
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 481

Post by Dyslexicon »

SPF is gay
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 600
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

i'm bi
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Arete
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 313
Preferred Pronouns: They/them/theirs/themself

Post by Arete »

my brain is convinced that I should spampost at EoD so that I can have more posts tomorrow

even though I get the same number of posts tomorrow regardless

but in one case the total-allowed-post-number is higher and my brain thinks that means I have more
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 481

Post by Dyslexicon »

Another town chop. But at least I was voting the wolf!

Gl gl
staypositivefriend
Hitman

also, good luck! i've made my legacy and my overall feelings about the gamestate abundantly clear, and i hope that everyone will really put their heads together and solve cohesively in the event that i die
Arete
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Arete »

glgl
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 8

Post by dunya »

Who's a problem student?
Poll ended at Sun May 30, 2021 12:00 am

Alison
33%
Voters: bronana, Chloe, outed wolf, Amy, dyachei, nutella, sunbae, Vulgard
Amy
No votes
Voters: None
Arete
No votes
bronana
No votes
c4e5g3d5
No votes
dyachei
21%
Voters: c4e5g3d5, Arete, staypositivefriend, Alison, Dyslexicon
Dyslexicon
No votes
Marluxion
No votes
nutella
No votes
outed wolf
No votes
staypositivefriend
No votes
sunbae
No votes
Tangrowth / Chloe
No votes
Vulgard
No votes
No elimination
No votes
No vote / unvote
4%
Voters: Marluxion
Annotated bibliographies (host/dead/non)
42%
Voters: Thunal33, Scotty, KZA, Made, Ranmilia, Hally, Gavial, JaggedJimmyJay, dunya, Tangrowth
Total votes: 24
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Day 2 has ended.

Alison has been eliminated. She was the straight-A high schooler who came with big dreams, but essentially decided college was for partying, hooking up and looking damn fine.

Vanilla town

Night 2 begins. The thread is locked. The lecture material will be posted shortly.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Re: PSY 2310 - Cognitive Psychology [NIGHT 2]

Post by dunya »

Unit 2

1. Shepard’s Law suggests human similarity assessment is a function of what hypothetical factor in cognition?

2. How can one go about plotting objects in the environment into a geometric system to apply Shepard’s Law?

3. Which of the following pairs of objects would Shepard’s Law predict would be assessed as more similar by a human observer?

4. Evidence has been found that suggests human similarity judgments can depend upon the order of exposure or display. Famously, it was found that participants in a study assessed the similarity of the numbers 100 and 101 to be less than the similarity of the numbers 101 and 100. Can Shepard’s Law account for this phenomenon?
bronana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 488

Post by bronana »

OVERNIGHT WALL
by bronana

welp, that sucks. I suspect people are gonna be lookin to pepper my bunghole. "That dang bronana, him and dya are wolves those goshdarn rapscallions." it is what is, I'll have to consult the law firm of bronana, bronana, et al. to prepare my defense. If the bronana peel does not fit, you must acquit and all that. :grin:

Anyway, the private eye agency bronana and sons are looking into dya, c4, chloe, and dizzy in no particular order. Actually the order is chloe - c4 - dya - dizzy, I lied. :smoky:

dya/c4/chloe were all in hally's poe and alison seemed to think dizzy specifically would kill hally for whatever that's worth. This isn't my primary reason for suspicion, just a supporting "the math checks out" statement, these are people who'd plausibly have looked at hally's d1 posts and thought 'haha yes die trash'. I don't think w/w is that far-fetched for anyone listed, except maybe dya/c4 - I'm not sure that's how dya would have progressed to a wolfread on c4 if they were partners (iirc they townread c4, looked at their iso and slowly started to drop them until they were at the bottom when c4 was hardly under much pressure; then again, c4 had been going hard on dya all day so maybe dya felt forced into reciprocating the wolfread. whatever. :faint: )

a wise scholar once said that it seemed like chloe's reads "are developing in this weird way that seems more like a hyper aware reaction to the game state than a natural development" and that wise scholar was me in post 2445. here are some examples off the top of my head: pushing marl then backing off once the :derp: became a thing and people weren't biting much on marl suspicion, defending alison as town then suddenly piling on her at eod in a jarring/unnatural way. Sort of similar was how they made a big deal calling nutella lock town IC, then went back to reading their d1 and wrote a big ol paragraph exploring a nutella read and coming to the same conclusion she's town, then doing it again later. What is the point of all this deliberation on someone you have as locklock town? I get this sneaking suspicion you declared nutella an IC because they were so widely townread and not because you believed it yourself. These types of long-winded catchup posts are fairly common from wolves in my experience, I suppose it's easier to find things to note and craft thoughts this way. :keys:

c4 i never understood why people thought he was villagy, it just seems like he is flinging shit at the thread and acting like he's super confident about it when the reasoning is actually rather flimsy. bad vibes. :pout:

honestly i still don't really think dya is a wolf but it feels like i should at least be considering the possibility i'm wrong. I think it's entirely possible they're a villa who got caught up in a tunnel and then the rest of the consensus-y POE was filled with people they didn't think were wolves. I don't remember the last time I misread dya by this point of a game, but this could be the time I'm wrong, I ain't perfect. I dunno, I want to see what they bring to the table d3, probably will be fairly telling. :noble:

Dizzy has been all over the place with his reads and pushes, I can't follow the train of thought very clearly. Could be a wolf going for refuge in audacity type play idk. The way he kept slammin on me but was also pumpin the brakes the whole way felt off and weird and overly self-conscious. It's worth noting that Hally thought dizzy was villa and iirc didn't think the scatterbrained play was something to worry about. :omg:

if this doesn't contain the wolves, game gets spicy :ponder: :srsnod: :nicenod:

----

I'm not quite sure how I ended up in the POE, it's like at some point I got lumped in there for raisins and then momentum carried forward until wow, bronana is gonna need to crack the game open to dig himself out of the POE if he's town and I'm sitting here like wtf did i do wrong? i'm not claiming kza's pelt, but fmpov I brought up things I didn't like about him a few times, parked my vote on him most of the day, said I wanted to kill him, was completely right, and he's the only dead wolf so far. so yeah it's frustrating, that dya/amy/bronana solve has at least two villagers in it assuming amy's claim wasn't some elaborate troll. :disappoint:

Feels like this game is following the usual dead wolf early -> town implodes on itself a day or two -> town rights the ship and bitch slaps the wolves, gg dang bronana had some heckin good tone d3 what a pure villa. :fiesta:

I wasn't sure how else to use this night post boon so I decided hey perfect time to hold the thread hostage with my shitty rambling thoughts. let them marinate in your brains while you pore over re-reading ISOs while I dont do shit

k night bye :offtobed:
Vulgard wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:18 amI've been thinking about Zack lately (no sexual).
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 60
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Just posting for my own reference.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: PSY 2310 - Cognitive Psychology [DAY 3]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Night 2 has ended. Nobody has died.

Day 3 begins. You have 48 hours to place your votes.

I’ll post a quiz answer key here later when I can.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

LOL
Vulgard wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:18 amI've been thinking about Zack lately (no sexual).
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

pog

[VOTE: dyachei] aubergine
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 287

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

My worldview is pretty stagnant so no wall today, just gonna say if I'm a wolf I'm totally bussing here so at least wait to deal with me until after dya's dead lol

Even light Syndicate games where I'm low efforting are so exhausting
Why can't I go back to getting N1ed in games like Bee Mafia where I clearly don't play well enough to earn it

Progression cases are bad.
Arete
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Arete »

Alright, so, I have no idea what Alison was doing but the good news is that this is probably a really good situation to try to analyze both the people pushing her and the people defending her for TMI. I think I'm probably going to have an easier time finding villagers here than wolves, so that's going to be most of what I focus on, probably, unless I see something especially bad?

c4[/b

]So, towards EoD, I thought that c4 could have been TMIing Alison V with his PRread, but he made a post at EoD that I think almost never comes from a place of TMI. P#2461 (which I can't quote because the thread is locked), just before EoD, after Alison didn't come back and claim PR:> So much for me TMIing AlisonI think this post almost certainly comes from a position of genuinely believing, in the moment, that Alison not coming back to claim PR makes her a wolf. There's a smug tone there -- 'you thought I was TMIing her town, but she's a wolf, take that' -- that would be genuinely difficult to fake. I think this post is very villagery.

Dya

This is a slot that I'm ... very conflicted on, given their push on obvious reasons. However, I have a stupid micro reason to believe that they actually believed it -- when I was implying that their posts on Alison weren't outside the range of villager-pushing-a-wolf-and-repping-confidence, they got upset at me for not clearing them for their push on Alison and insisted that it was out of their range to push her like that as partners, completely misreading my post as being about the Dya-bussing world. I think this might indicate that they actually expected Alison to flip scum, based on the specific way they misread my post.

someone had a post that I thought was a lack-of-TMI-indicative shade on Vulgard but when I went and re-read for who it was it was Amy, lol

uh

I was going to do one of these for everyone but I ran out of time so instead you get the first two people who came to mind
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Be aware this phase ends three minutes early per the poll timer. This is hard to finagle on a phone.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Arete wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:01 pm So, towards EoD, I thought that c4 could have been TMIing Alison V with his PRread, but he made a post at EoD that I think almost never comes from a place of TMI. P#2461 (which I can't quote because the thread is locked), just before EoD, after Alison didn't come back and claim PR:> So much for me TMIing AlisonI think this post almost certainly comes from a position of genuinely believing, in the moment, that Alison not coming back to claim PR makes her a wolf. There's a smug tone there -- 'you thought I was TMIing her town, but she's a wolf, take that' -- that would be genuinely difficult to fake. I think this post is very villagery.
i dont agree with this fwiw

i think c4 has a lot to answer for

re: dya, they could be town with a wrong tunnel, but they could be a wolf who successfully pushed through their desired mischop. it will certainly be telling to see where they go next
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
staypositivefriend
Hitman

staypositivefriend
Hitman

that makes two days in a row where I ended the day with dyachei as one of my strongest suspects, only to not feel confident to push the momentum in the direction of their chop

im done with that. i want dya gone today and if they're a villager then I take responsibility for it
outed wolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 642

Post by outed wolf »

Nice. Tfw you run out of posts at EOD

Boy I was unhapoy
Amy
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 291

Post by Amy »

hello

dizzy visited nobody

which means i didn't get jailed, and also means i didn't get roleblocked - so presumably the scum nk was aimed at me

which means our jailkeeper has a redcheck

which is neat
hope you're having a good day
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

also i got 30 extra posts again

lIgHt gAmE bTw
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Or the poll wsnts to be three hours off. It followed me to California. Screw the poll timer; I’ll lock it manually at 6:00 PM EDT in two days as normal.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:07 pm that makes two days in a row where I ended the day with dyachei as one of my strongest suspects, only to not feel confident to push the momentum in the direction of their chop

im done with that. i want dya gone today and if they're a villager then I take responsibility for it
yeah, i kinda feel like i just fell for the ruse yesterday after being on them most of the game
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Arete
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Arete »

nutella wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:05 pm
re: dya, they could be town with a wrong tunnel, but they could be a wolf who successfully pushed through their desired mischop. it will certainly be telling to see where they go next
that is a true statement

in the sense that you literally just took all the options and listed them
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Amy wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:08 pm hello

dizzy visited nobody

which means i didn't get jailed, and also means i didn't get roleblocked - so presumably the scum nk was aimed at me

which means our jailkeeper has a redcheck

which is neat
oh sick
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Amy wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:09 pm also i got 30 extra posts again

lIgHt gAmE bTw
i got 40 now lmao
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Marluxion
The Mark
Posts in topic: 332
Aka: Marl

Post by Marluxion »

VULGARD AND I BOTH LIVED ITS ACTUALLY A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

[VOTE: sunbae] aubergine

plot twist :ohyeah:

who are the wolves sunbae
Vulgard
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 250
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His/Himself

Post by Vulgard »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:00 pm Night 2 has ended. Nobody has died.

Day 3 begins. You have 48 hours to place your votes.

I’ll post a quiz answer key here later when I can.
Hoping this is a redcheck and not a save, but I'll take either.
ImageImageImage
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:07 pm that makes two days in a row where I ended the day with dyachei as one of my strongest suspects, only to not feel confident to push the momentum in the direction of their chop

I'm going to sleep soon but I need to ask this.

Are you still shielding c4? I have some thoughts about dya myself but I need to ask this first.
ImageImageImage
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

Marluxion wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:25 pm VULGARD AND I BOTH LIVED ITS ACTUALLY A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE
Marl are you seeing what I'm seeing?
ImageImageImage
Marluxion
The Mark

Post by Marluxion »

Vulgard wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:30 pm
Marluxion wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:25 pm VULGARD AND I BOTH LIVED ITS ACTUALLY A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE
Marl are you seeing what I'm seeing?
I'm not
What do your elf eyes see
Marluxion
The Mark

Post by Marluxion »

Wait I think I see what you're getting at kindve
Arete
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Arete »

Chloe wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:09 am
Marluxion wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:06 am wolfing with them in deck mafia, their wim was probably already super low after the loss
idk if this is their direct next game or not but if they did rand wolf back to back with that game it could explain why their wim is demonstrably low this game
im ngl i didnt think alison was someone who gets hit with wimdrops
i dont know her super well but from my few convos with her shes pretty level-headed and 'gg go next'

i dont think her disconnect is super duper AI, really
Chloe wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:03 am okay im ngl ive had this thought going through my head for a while but its bit me in the ass before so ive been not really wanting to share

but like
what the hell is alison's gameplan as a wolf? i dont understand. is she being set up to push the other wolves deeper via bus? does she legitimately have zero gameplan and shes super disconnected from the thread?

to be fair i dont know what shes doing if shes a villager either but the fact that i cant pinpoint any true direction or agenda from her gives me a lot of doubts about the wagon being a hit

Chloe wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:45 am people who have experience playing with alison:

would wolf!alison fake being unaware of when EoD is and self-pres without a PR claim? shes locked into a VT claim now pretty much
isnt she one of the people who thinks fakeclaiming PR for the cc or potential to live another day is almost always optimal or am i mixing her up with someone else
Chloe wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:24 am alison/dya isnt a world unless the plan is to send exactly dya deep
but like why the hell
they'd be down a partner *already* and its extremely suboptimal
and dya would have to explain being freakin alive in lylo after dunking on alison

its not really a world in my mind

Chloe wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 4:41 am continuing through d1:

multiple people have brought up c4's shortened readslists and asked him to please stop using that formatting. it actually kinda rubs me the wrong way that hes pretty much ignoring requests to cooperate. maybe hes smug town that wont change his playstyle to appeal to the masses but i feel like he'd state that somewhere?

just had a really dumb chloe moment
thought someone tmi'd their buddy but then realized i just suck at reading
lol

dizzy's treatment of seth is a big ol' whatze fuck but so incredibly unnecessary and against the grain as a wolf that i feel it's villagery

spf actually bothering to interact with seth and trying to dig into his brain is a good look as it seems the consensus is to just brush him off as wolfy and accept that he's the chop. no dunk-fest or painting him in a bad light. this doesnt feel like the spf i saw in CoV either. no indication of hardbussing for the c r e d, and her posts dont feel overly padded? also a distinct lack of lampshading which is good
(i'll also add on that her progression on me doesnt give me any bad vibes)
tossing out the How To Find SPF As Town guide pretty early on initially felt premature to me and very out of place. didnt like it. im usually not a fan of that type of thing. though upon re-read im actually leaning in the opposite direction now. its ever-so-slightly townie to break the flow of the thread willingly.. and at the same time doing something blatantly gross (self-meta! woo!) yet her post doesn't feel like shes using it as a crutch or gaslighting (for lack of a better word) the thread into thinking shes been villagery af bro! (either of which i'd expect from a wolf more than just a 'hi heres a little thing on how to figure me out. do with it what you will i guess' and leaving it at that)
reading the whole sunbae/spf interaction with a clearer mind makes me realize i was pretty damn conf-biased my first time around just because of how icky i found the guide in general, and i kinda.. wanted her to be a wolf a little bit? still think sunbae DIVING in and going ham, as well as the follow-up discussion with spf, is fairly villagery

this isnt really the type of associative-read i'd expect from a woofer? this is a read i think applies *much* more to anyone newer to wolfing, or fm in general, but it goes a level deeper than what i'm used to seeing from wolves so ye its a good vibe

pretty much every new nut posts just solidifies my read there
on a related note i didnt mention this earlier i dont think (?) but i think the fact that dya hasnt found nut when im like.. really confident there, is concerning? im see-saw between it being wolfy and it being villagery but i dont really understand it at this point - and from what i saw it was mostly based on the fact that shes not as.. bouncy as they're used to? @dyachei i can you expand on your nut read for me please? i could be getting snowed, but i really dont think i am. i'd appreciate a more fleshed out post or two that i can dig into please (will check and make sure i didnt miss anything from you wrt nut after im done with this)

im reading through alison's take regarding seth and i can see an argument for it being tmi - but i dont get why she would do that and what she thinks she gets from his flip? she'd have to know she'd look bad? like, if shes a wolf i cant help but get the feeling shes positioning herself to be bussed and put the other wolves in a better position, but also.. we're down a wolf and thats super risky and not optimal. im preflipping a bit but if alison flips wolf PR i think dya is just lickity lock. if she flips goon i think theres a chance she could be being bussed *i guess* (heavily heavily doubt tbqh) but i dont fully feel like fully entertaining either of these worlds without a flip. i personally think shes flippin v.

lol @ nut just assuming seth is a wolf lmao - then in the next post remembering wolf prs exist. like cmonn the girl is a villager

feel like arete would just be contributing to the dunk-fest on seth and moreso trying to stop people from finding him, rather than bringing up actual legitimate points in his favor. not a very strong read of mine since i didnt see a lot of action to back up their words and this is mostly based on What I Expect From Wolfrete but yeah its a better look than not tbh. and their fear that they'll be paired with seth if he flips w is kinda pure yeah

this post from hally has good thoughts wrt marl - i vibe with them
the series of posts here has some of the upbeat chaotic energy i expect from villamorl

i'm a HUGE sucker for emotions and seeing dya get upset at how people are treating them is hard for me to not assign some townpoints. otherwise i dont have many thoughts on them wrt d1 (but ugh this feels TMI-y considering their read on nut :/)
if wagons stay like this i'll probably be going dya just because of a few things i find as somewhat townie from alison
dya is my first iso to look into in the morning

ohmygod im finally caught up on everything
i finally understand what the hell is happening in this game lmao
i can see clearly now, the rain is gone

bye

Chloe wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:28 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 4:54 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 4:49 am
Chloe wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 4:41 amdizzy's treatment of seth is a big ol' whatze fuck but so incredibly unnecessary and against the grain as a wolf that i feel it's villagery
For the last time. My treatment of Gavial was that I thought it was likely he was mafia, and I wanted him to spew the fuck out of his teammates. I have just finished a game where us two were the mafia team, and he death tunnelled me for no reason from the get go, and it looked very janky, so if he was mafia I wanted to give him ample opportunity to get messy in the thread and create more stuff around him.

I've explained this a few times now. I don't really see what's so crazy about it.
@Chloe I just realised you probably haven't read my explanations for this, so fair comment on your end. I just got annoyed because I feel like I've explained this a lot. And it's like people are asking "Why would scum do this" and come up with "No compute", but they don't ask "Why would town do this" and then take into account the actual reason why. (Or at least one of the reasons, other being I just wanted to create [stuff])
Okay, thank you! And apologies
your annoyance feels villagery dont mind me
Marluxion wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 4:59 am
Chloe wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:26 am wait what the fuck do my remaining posts carry over to tomorrow?

i've never played with something like that

this is amazing
they dont you get 100 each day which is why my cap for today is like 180 something
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh
okay gotcha im an idiot who read something wrong ty
Marluxion wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:16 am
Alison wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:08 pm
dyachei wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:03 pm
bronana wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:02 pm I'm not sure why amy and dya have to be aligned with each other at all
because alison is omgusing
I am yes.

I did not put Amy and you into a team together, I just said you two were my suspects.
Alison wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:09 pm I think in this specific state my OMGUSes are a lot more likely to be correct than usual so I would appreciate if people didn't brush it off as "oh she's just OMGUSing".
this is a v strange string of posts
it just doesnt feel genuine?
I actually got the opposite impression of these? I agreed with arete earlier that the whole "yeah im OMGUSing, but my OMGUSing is RIGHT" is kinda villagery
Marluxion wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:23 am i think alison and dya do have some potential as partners just because of the way they've been treating each other
it feels like dya and soah in reflections a bit
i disagree - i dont think the two have much partner equity
also wasnt dya like.. hard defending soah in reflections? i thought they were doing the opposite of what theyre doing here lol
dyachei wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:21 am
Chloe, what do you find villagery from alison? that she seemingly has no agenda? And while I bus as a wolf, I never bus like this
Some very base-level things, like the fact that I don't understand what the hell she's doing here if she's a wolf. I don't get why she would put herself in such a weirdass position with her Gavial defense, why it feels like there's zero indication of agenda from her, and theres no direction at all. Like.. she's not doing jack shit to try to get other people to go over before she does. I agree with c4's assessment at SoD (and i find it kinda odd that its not really being brought up). I honestly believe that she wouldn't have acted how she did and faked not knowing when EoD is - and even if she *did* she would either do a last-second PR claim to shuttle votes elsewhere, or actually attempt to get someone else wagoned with more than a 'voting here for self pres. bye'

I don't hard townread her by any means, but I do think shes >rand V

And admittedly the fact that people are now tying me in with her for ??? reasons makes my brain do a big middle finger and i want to be right for the sweet 'i told you so'

What the fuck ever, she probably dies no matter what because shes contributing legit nothing and not defending herself
But I don't think shes a hit

bronana wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:36 pm I don't think dya is a wolf. it's possible I'm wrong of course, I'll deservedly eat shit if I am, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I think they're just town and they have also been on Alison's case all game who is also the person I want to kill. I have not seen any compelling reason to think Alison is a villa, she is putting surprisingly little effort in to solve the game.

it's odd, I would have expected the votes to shift to Alison after Amy's claim, but dya is now in the lead by 3 votes, and one of the alison voters is visor who has been one of the hardest dya pushers this game. dark forces etc

I kinda think Chloe is just a wolf regardless of whether there are 0, 1, or 2 wolves in alison/dya. this one's harder to explain and I'll need to go look back at stuff to flesh it out more / check myself. tangy has been an obvious villager for me every game I've played with her, and this time she just wasn't and the progression on kza also looks bad. I agree to some extent with visor's take on Chloe's posts, a lot of repetition and catch up walls that seem like busy work I'm sure she is capable of posting as mafia. I can't put my finger quite on it but their reads are developing in this weird way that seems more like a hyper aware reaction to the game state than a natural development .

in any case most everyone wants to see Alison/dya resolved before they'll entertain Chloe, and I think I also want to see that resolved first too but I wanted to put this out there. not sure who the third wolf is (for some reason I want to say Sunbae? meh) need some time to figure out that one and it's putting the cart before the horse regardless.
Are we reading the same game?
I honestly am getting to the point where it feels like you're doing whatever you can to make sure people don't lock me in as a villager. Your treatment of me doesn't feel like you're truly trying to figure me out.
I'm not doing 'busywork.' I'm providing what thoughts I have with what information I have and trying to get a better understanding of what the hell is happening in this game. I'm finally caught up with all the Day 1 events so i feel more comfortable giving thoughts without them being backed-up by my interpretation of things that happened - based on what other people have been saying.

Chloe wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:16 pm
nutella wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:12 pm honestly dya has such conviction in alison flipping red that they're either just v or it's the stupid fucking bus thing and i dont think it's the stupid fucking bus thing
yeah
dya never taking their foot off the gas and the sheer insistence feels like a villagery tunnel

i heavily heavily doubt this is a bus here - it'd have started early d1 and continued even after they lost a buddy - which is entirely unnecessary

and the fact that dya is *still* townreading my slot even though im incredibly manic right now and even voting them is making me do brain somersaults

i might just give in and and drop my ego

idk what the fuck alison is doing but dya is doing at least 100x more

Chloe wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:17 pm fuck it

[VOTE: Alison] aubergine

no more joy_wowee

Chloe wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:20 pm i think wagons could be v/v but dya is a bigger asset to town than a 0-posting alison

im legit annoyed at this point that she isnt posting - regardless of her alignment. its just super frustrating
i want to be right but im probably not if shes not going to bother to do anything to defend herself in the slightest

Chloe wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:23 pm
Marluxion wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:20 pm so wait
now what?
are wolves just hard bussing alison or?
i'm really having a hard time building a world around this
say alison flips red
who is a wolf
idfk

the fact that her wagon has been primarily pushed by dya, and i dont read them as being w/w - and dya's sheer insistence is rather villagery - leads me to believe she wasnt a planned bus
i dont think anyone other than dya is really getting credit for this wagon so whats the point

wolves either took the approach of trying to shuttle votes elsewhere or beginning to bus when it became clear alison is going over no matter what

idk maybe c4? but hes nothing like CoV which is giving me pause

idk what the solve is regardless of her alignment rn
im just lost
Chloe wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:31 pm bruh im not hard-townreading c4 im just saying CoV *gives me pause* even tho i wanna look his way if alison is v
@Chloe

hello bread

we need to talk about your read on Alison

I feel like every individual take you had on her makes logical sense but they don't make logical sense when you put them together -- you spend a long time shielding her because you're like 'if she's a wolf why isn't she doing literally anything or trying to shade herself' and then you're like 'i want to be right [that she's town] but im probably not if shes not going to bother to do anything to defend herself in the slightest' which is using the same reason you townread her earlier as an argument that she's a wolf
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

I don't think I'll need to explain.

I understand why people want to turboyeet dya but there's also other stuff I'd like to discuss.
ImageImageImage
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

oh the entire FoL gang just turned on chloe at the same time huh
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

Amy wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:37 pm oh the entire FoL gang just turned on chloe at the same time huh
bronana strikes again :workit:
Marluxion
The Mark

Post by Marluxion »

Amy wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:37 pm oh the entire FoL gang just turned on chloe at the same time huh
Just arete I think
Vulgard and I still have her as probably town
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

So if it's not alison, I want to look at the people who didn't really have a conviction on her slot
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

Marluxion wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:38 pm
Just arete I think
oh

i definitely thought that's what you/vulgard were dancing around

disregard
Marluxion
The Mark

Post by Marluxion »

Vulgard wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:36 pm I don't think I'll need to explain.

I understand why people want to turboyeet dya but there's also other stuff I'd like to discuss.
Should I tell them
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

there were a lot of people that were just meh about what she'd be iirc
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

Marluxion wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:39 pm
Vulgard wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:36 pm I don't think I'll need to explain.

Should I tell them
I don't think you'll have to? Up to you though.
ImageImageImage
Marluxion
The Mark

Post by Marluxion »

Amy wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:39 pm
Marluxion wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:38 pm
Just arete I think
oh

i definitely thought that's what you/vulgard were dancing around

disregard
We already talked ourselves out of hard tinfoiling her for now but depending on like dyas alignment it might change our perspective
Marluxion
The Mark

Post by Marluxion »

[VOTE: C4] aubergine

Return to “Previous Rackets”