Game Over! Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Moderator: Community Team

How did Das Porcu do co-hosting his first game?

Stupendous!
80%
Horrific!
No votes
Who is Das Porcu?
No votes
Fucking fabulous!!/Hosts
20%

Total votes: 15
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 192

Re: Night 3 Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Post by Enrique »

It's not a Misfits scenario. It's as simple as thinking BeaNuk makes too much sense to not be true.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 85

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

MERRILY MARVELOUS MYSTERY MOMENT

What is the sum of all people who got Zoot, Galahad, or Robin in the survey?

PM both hosts your guess.
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 340
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Also this was just added
Epignosis had the worst possible role,
“*squeaks angrily*”

Rabbit of Caerbannog - That rabbit is dynamite! - In addition to killing on odd nights on even nights you will search for Brother Maynard. If you find Brother Maynard you won't/can't kill him but will earn (1) instant kill to be used whenever you wish (day or night). LMS
Spoiler: show
Pov: you reading my takes
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 33
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Quokka »

Bullzeye wrote:I wonder if the good Lord will show up tonight. I'm super tired so I hope I don't miss him. Or her. Whichever.
Ask and you shall receive :srsnod:

The LORB is returned. Having perused your offerings from the other night, I have decided to shine my light upon YOU, Bullzeye. I have granted you a boon. You will not know what it is until games end, but with luck you will benefit from it.

Since the only LORBS more Magnificent than I, DP & Roxy, have graciously allowed me to be here, I would like to see some words of praise for them. It may be in any form you like, but the more praiseful, the better. The next night I have a boon, I will extend it to the best praise of our Hosts.

THE LORB HAS SPOKEN

You may now grovel.
To be recycled
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 89

Re: Day 3 Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

juliets wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:Alright. I think I've decided.

I am not voting for Made or MR. I don't really see a strong enough case on MR, and I may not touch Made with a 20-foot pole the rest of this game because of how big that can of worms has become. I am going to stick with juliets this time around. While I appreciate her trying to be helpful and showing me her list and whatnot, I still feel like she refused to give me a direct opinion on something....when I asked her 3 times to do so. So it felt like she was deliberately avoiding answering my question about LC and SVS.

Votes Juliets

Linki: Rey, you should vote for someone other than MR and Made. Because I smell something funny coming from this lynch.
What did i refuse to give you an opinion on?
SVS vs. LC. I am asking as to why you feel about both the way you do. And I still don't feel like you've answered that.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Enrique wrote:
BWT wrote:and I may not touch Made with a 20-foot pole the rest of this game because of how big that can of worms has become.
You're encouraged to voice your opinion. As long as it's genuine, you should have nothing to fear.
It's not so much my opinion on Made. It's that I am so baffled by him that it might take me awhile to develop one of him again.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 375

Post by S~V~S »

It was a hard choice, but i went with Merry Making, which is what i would wind up doing in Mountains & Meadows anyhow. But marshmallows, yuck :disappoint:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 247
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:SVS, can you elaborate on your vote for LC? Do you agree with me about his "who do you think will get lynched?" question?
As you may have gathered, I do agree.
Canucklehead wrote:My only hesitation re: MM is that he hasn't seemed to have had any sort of reaction to all the "I think I'm suspicious of MM but I have no reason or evidence for why" talk (including my own) that has been tossed about in the last few days. When I'm a civ and my name keeps coming up for absolutely no reason at all, I get CRAY CRAY bothered by it and make a big fuss. Maybe that's just not the way MM rolls, but I do find it a little odd that he isn't at all bugged by the really flimsy accusations about him and the repeated resurfacing of his name.
(If such a response exists, please someone point me to it....)
I did say that I might not be on before the deadline, and I did ask MR why he voted for me.

Votes sometimes bother me and sometimes don't. I do worry a little bit, especially after what happened to AP yesterday, but votes are going to come and go. I'm not going to explain my meta here though, because that will probably be used against me.
Made wrote:What was your opinion of voting to save me? I'd be willing to change my vote to MM, another vote from JC (I think she also spoke suspicions of MM) would be enough to at least tie it.
But I will address this comment. You've made cases against other players, but not against me. At one point, you even said you suspected me only because I suspect you. This doesn't gel. But I guess being a potential lynchee, you'll put your vote anywhere to save yourself. I will not fault you for that.

Well that's all the posts I feel like responding to at the moment, but another couple questions.

@ Keterman, give me a good reason I shouldn't vote for you tomorrow?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 264

Post by Bullzeye »

GOD wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:I wonder if the good Lord will show up tonight. I'm super tired so I hope I don't miss him. Or her. Whichever.
Ask and you shall receive :srsnod:

The LORB is returned. Having perused your offerings from the other night, I have decided to shine my light upon YOU, Bullzeye. I have granted you a boon. You will not know what it is until games end, but with luck you will benefit from it.

Since the only LORBS more Magnificent than I, DP & Roxy, have graciously allowed me to be here, I would like to see some words of praise for them. It may be in any form you like, but the more praiseful, the better. The next night I have a boon, I will extend it to the best praise of our Hosts.

THE LORB HAS SPOKEN

You may now grovel.
Sup God? I thought you didn't like grovelling? Thanks for the boon :) I find there are no words adequate enough to praise the glorious, wonderful, magnificent overlords that are our lovely hosts in this game.
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 85

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

And someone got it! Thanks for participating.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:MERRILY MARVELOUS MYSTERY MOMENT

I'm trying to respond to posts, and you and the LORB are distracting. grrr :eek:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

I am going to vote for Magnificent Mountains because I enjoy going on walks and a mountain would be more fun for me to walk on than a meadow.
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Quokka »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:

I'm trying to respond to posts, and you and the LORB are distracting. grrr :eek:
Bullzeye wrote:
Sup God? I thought you didn't like grovelling? Thanks for the boon :) I find there are no words adequate enough to praise the glorious, wonderful, magnificent overlords that are our lovely hosts in this game.
The LORB may have a change of heart. Today I want groveling. And toast.
To be recycled
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

GOD wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Bullzeye wrote:
The LORB may have a change of heart. Today I want groveling. And toast.
Well I'm out of bread and no shops are open at quarter to one in the morning so you'll have to ask someone else for toast.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Oy. I was set to catch up and vote this afternoon, and started to do the first of those, and then someone came into my office, and then by the time I was looking at a computer again it was too late. RIP MR. As I said earlier, I didn't see reason for suspicion of him. Having now read through the last day of the thread--nice bandwagon. I need to look back and see some of its starts and where the seeds were planted. I would have voted Made, or maybe MM. My feelings of neither of them has changed.
Made wrote:
Long Con wrote:Even if it were as you described, I don't see me basing my team's voting plan on Llama's Opinion. I hear you're a smart guy, Llama, but I don't know that I would place that much faith in your opinion.
Don't play this game unless you REALLY know what your doing or REALLY don't.

It's gotta be either genuine stupidity or calculated stupidity to work. Trust me I'm stupid.
Neither, I don't think. I don't think he's appearing stupid, first of all. And he certainly isn't stupid. I think he's just being him. He knows what he's doing--he's smart as fuck and is one of the very few players who have been at this longer than I have who are still playing. I don't see why you think he's trying to appear stupid, though. I guess I don't get what you're saying.
Made wrote:
S~V~S wrote:LC is far from stupid, Made.

Dana, any opinion on Bullz? Bea? Anyone?
Didn't mean to imply they were.
I'm just saying it's hard to argue for those accusing you with out either being blissfully ignorant or have the situation awareness to you how far you can go to avoid suspicion, then the lack of common sense to go above and beyond that.
Made wrote:Yo, SVS, is there a term for voting in hopes of getting others to vote someone? Because I've noticed that happens a lot.

Woah-linki kinda related? Basically mafia vote getting tactics.

Double related linki
It's called starting a bandwagon.
Keterman wrote:Remember fellow townies, it's not too late to change your vote, nor is it too late to place your vote on a scum-aligned player.
And, why should we believe you? And oh, wait, you were wrong. Also, if you could explain your reasons for your opinions, it would be helpful for me.
Metalmarsh89 wrote: As for Epi, here you will find his death. He was the rabbit who killed several of Arthur's knights in the film. While we don't yet know how bad he is, we at least know he's an indy, and I'd be willing to bet that we need him dead to win. We'll find out soon I think, either way.
What do you mean by this?

What will we find out soon enough and how? And how do you know this?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Enrique wrote:The French thing? Yeah, that's worth keeping in mind, I think. I haven't watched the movie so I don't know if it's really that obvious, but do the French have to be a baddie team? Because the roles we know make no mention of them at all. DF's role implies thre was only one Knight who said Ni, right? So why do the French have to be different? Are they the only "bad" faction in the movie worth having as a team? I jus tdon't get it. It's one thing to speculate, but to work on that assumption and just casually mention "the French team" like it's nothing. I really think MM is bad and will be voting for him.
:haha:

Sorry, but you all are blowing this out of proportion. It was not an assumption, as I stated specifically here. Rather then discuss it, people jumped all over it. Anyway, the point is, it doesn't have to be the French. I was specifically responding to a post from SVS that some civvies might have BTSC, in that hey maybe the unknown baddies do. And as I later explained, it was an idea, not a base for cases I was making or any such thing.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

LoRab wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote: As for Epi, here you will find his death. He was the rabbit who killed several of Arthur's knights in the film. While we don't yet know how bad he is, we at least know he's an indy, and I'd be willing to bet that we need him dead to win. We'll find out soon I think, either way.

His role just appeared in the OP, as I suspected from previous trends. However it's hard to say which way he was aligned, but since Brother Maynard is a member of King Arthur's court in the film, I'd be willing to bet that at least he is good.
Epignosis had the worst possible role,

“*squeaks angrily*”

Rabbit of Caerbannog - That rabbit is dynamite! - In addition to killing on odd nights on even nights you will search for Brother Maynard. If you find Brother Maynard you won't/can't kill him but will earn (1) instant kill to be used whenever you wish (day or night). LMS

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Quokka
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Quokka »

ברכות מיס הרב . אתה יכול לעשות את השבחים שלךלמארחיםבעברית , אם תרצה. זה כמו חתיכת הבית קטנה יהיה

And that foul Rabbit was a killer, countless bones lay about his evil lair. You are better off without him and his wee pink nose. Has no one any toast for the LORB?
To be recycled
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

GOD wrote:The LORB may have a change of heart. Today I want groveling. And toast.
How does ham and jam in Spamalot toast sound? It even include a reference to the film you starred in.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Quokka
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Quokka »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
GOD wrote:The LORB may have a change of heart. Today I want groveling. And toast.
How does ham and jam in Spamalot toast sound? It even include a reference to the film you starred in.

I will forgive you for saying I was an annoying distraction, nom nom nom.

Look, a squirrel!

To be recycled
Dana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 193
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dana »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Dana wrote:Metalmarsh - People have brought up a few good points about MM. The most suspicious things I’ve seen so far are the French thing and the Epi thing (was that MM? I think I might be getting confused. Also side note do we know for sure that Epi’s role was a bad one? I didn’t see it in the first post.) I am considering voting for MM, but it would be a half-hearted vote, so I’ll probably hold off until I look through everyone else.
I think both of your pings are a bit pedantic, being as they are both about characters from the movie that I was hinting at. The French joke I made and expounded on was in reference to SVS's comment about people having civvie BTSC. I followed it up with, "Hey maybe they're French" with the suggestion that hey, maybe it's not the civvies. Essentially I was saying, "Hey, maybe they're bad." Also, with llama's comment and many other's support that this might be the ballsiest mafia ever, I think it's hypocritical to take my comment and say it's that of a baddie, when his more extreme suggestion is so accepted.

As for Epi, here you will find his death. He was the rabbit who killed several of Arthur's knights in the film. While we don't yet know how bad he is, we at least know he's an indy, and I'd be willing to bet that we need him dead to win. We'll find out soon I think, either way.

Omg linki: I still have 3 other pages to read first, but this read from Dana needed addressing from me.
This definitely makes more sense now that it's explained in the context of the movie. Maybe I should get to watching it so that I can try and understand everything better. I don't remember exactly what you said in the original French post, but when Bullz(I think?) brought it up again a few pages ago it seemed like you knew for sure that there was a French team, which was a little odd. It makes much more sense to be a joke, though. Because if you were actually on a French baddie team, then why in the world would you say so in the thread?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 375

Post by S~V~S »

It is a very funny movie. I have heard people say it is dated, but i don;t find it so. Worth an evening, for sure,.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

LoRab wrote:Oy. I was set to catch up and vote this afternoon, and started to do the first of those, and then someone came into my office, and then by the time I was looking at a computer again it was too late. RIP MR. As I said earlier, I didn't see reason for suspicion of him. Having now read through the last day of the thread--nice bandwagon. I need to look back and see some of its starts and where the seeds were planted. I would have voted Made, or maybe MM. My feelings of neither of them has changed.
Made wrote:
Long Con wrote:Even if it were as you described, I don't see me basing my team's voting plan on Llama's Opinion. I hear you're a smart guy, Llama, but I don't know that I would place that much faith in your opinion.
Don't play this game unless you REALLY know what your doing or REALLY don't.

It's gotta be either genuine stupidity or calculated stupidity to work. Trust me I'm stupid.
Neither, I don't think. I don't think he's appearing stupid, first of all. And he certainly isn't stupid. I think he's just being him. He knows what he's doing--he's smart as fuck and is one of the very few players who have been at this longer than I have who are still playing. I don't see why you think he's trying to appear stupid, though. I guess I don't get what you're saying.
Made wrote:
S~V~S wrote:LC is far from stupid, Made.

Dana, any opinion on Bullz? Bea? Anyone?
Didn't mean to imply they were.
I'm just saying it's hard to argue for those accusing you with out either being blissfully ignorant or have the situation awareness to you how far you can go to avoid suspicion, then the lack of common sense to go above and beyond that.
Made wrote:Yo, SVS, is there a term for voting in hopes of getting others to vote someone? Because I've noticed that happens a lot.

Woah-linki kinda related? Basically mafia vote getting tactics.

Double related linki
It's called starting a bandwagon.
Keterman wrote:Remember fellow townies, it's not too late to change your vote, nor is it too late to place your vote on a scum-aligned player.
And, why should we believe you? And oh, wait, you were wrong. Also, if you could explain your reasons for your opinions, it would be helpful for me.

1. I didn't mean to imply LC was stupid if I did. I meant I am, for the kinds of shit i've said during this game. I like to think I have a patent on acknowledging other's arguments and thinking with in them regardless of it being on a false premise
2.We find out roles (at least it seems so) specifics at the beginning of the night after the death occurred. What MM said

:wall:

What i don't get about all of this is the way the vote ended up coming out. Are Civvies more likely to bandwagon than Mafia are?

In Resistance anyways, the only reason that Spies(mafia) would all vote for something that was going to fail was because none of them had BTSC. They knew who their teammates were, but no idea what exactly they were thinking or their game plan. What I think we need to determine is why reasons why mafia would want to vote Mr, Me, or another party entirely.

Voting for another party outside of MR and me makes sense from a blending in perspective if they knew MR/Me were civvies.
Other than that i have theories, but I don't think they're strong enough to present yet.

What I think we need to do as a town is acknowledge the list of people we've trusted closely all game or most of the game (i'd recommend against saying who these people are in thread), and reexamine that trust. Because while mafia voted in different ways, Towny was super fucked as both leading choices were civvies.

Now if you'd excuse me I'm going to continue banging my head against the wall :wall:

linki- I'm starting to think it's more likely that 1 mafia team exist due both to the amount of killer indies, and the amount of coordination arranging this vote must of taken.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Right, but that doesn't answer my question. I'm familiar with the source material, I get the gist of your feelings about him. What I don't understand is when you say, "While we don't yet know how bad he is, we at least know he's an indy, and I'd be willing to bet that we need him dead to win. We'll find out soon I think, either way."

How will we soon find out that we need him dead to win and/or how bad he is (was)?

linkitis: @God: Awwwww. Thanks. You're a kind and compassionate God, clearly.

And I agree the Rabbit was bad news.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dana wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Dana wrote:Metalmarsh - People have brought up a few good points about MM. The most suspicious things I’ve seen so far are the French thing and the Epi thing (was that MM? I think I might be getting confused. Also side note do we know for sure that Epi’s role was a bad one? I didn’t see it in the first post.) I am considering voting for MM, but it would be a half-hearted vote, so I’ll probably hold off until I look through everyone else.
I think both of your pings are a bit pedantic, being as they are both about characters from the movie that I was hinting at. The French joke I made and expounded on was in reference to SVS's comment about people having civvie BTSC. I followed it up with, "Hey maybe they're French" with the suggestion that hey, maybe it's not the civvies. Essentially I was saying, "Hey, maybe they're bad." Also, with llama's comment and many other's support that this might be the ballsiest mafia ever, I think it's hypocritical to take my comment and say it's that of a baddie, when his more extreme suggestion is so accepted.

As for Epi, here you will find his death. He was the rabbit who killed several of Arthur's knights in the film. While we don't yet know how bad he is, we at least know he's an indy, and I'd be willing to bet that we need him dead to win. We'll find out soon I think, either way.

Omg linki: I still have 3 other pages to read first, but this read from Dana needed addressing from me.
This definitely makes more sense now that it's explained in the context of the movie. Maybe I should get to watching it so that I can try and understand everything better. I don't remember exactly what you said in the original French post, but when Bullz(I think?) brought it up again a few pages ago it seemed like you knew for sure that there was a French team, which was a little odd. It makes much more sense to be a joke, though. Because if you were actually on a French baddie team, then why in the world would you say so in the thread?
Here is the original post I made. Here with the next 10 posts or so, is the brief discussion that followed.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

LoRab wrote:Right, but that doesn't answer my question. I'm familiar with the source material, I get the gist of your feelings about him. What I don't understand is when you say, "While we don't yet know how bad he is, we at least know he's an indy, and I'd be willing to bet that we need him dead to win. We'll find out soon I think, either way."

How will we soon find out that we need him dead to win and/or how bad he is (was)?

Going to assume this wasn't directed towards me.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Made wrote:
LoRab wrote:Right, but that doesn't answer my question. I'm familiar with the source material, I get the gist of your feelings about him. What I don't understand is when you say, "While we don't yet know how bad he is, we at least know he's an indy, and I'd be willing to bet that we need him dead to win. We'll find out soon I think, either way."

Going to assume this wasn't directed towards me.
Correct. It was to MM.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

hmm... I just realized something. If MP killed on even nights, and I'm correct in assuming there's only one mafia, then we might not have a kill tonight.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Indies are wild cards, their win conditions sometimes align with civvies and sometimes don't. That's what I'm getting at. I thought we might find out, and fortunately God has told us.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

Made wrote: What I think we need to determine is why reasons why mafia would want to vote Mr, Me, or another party entirely.
If they knew you weren't part of them, why wouldn't they vote for you? More civs dead is just better for them.
LoRab wrote:How will we soon find out that we need him dead to win and/or how bad he is (was)?
Not to steal an answer from MM here, but I feel I'm partially responsible for this since I asked about the rabbit. I think what he meant was that the role would be added to the first post soon and so we'd find out what it could do, hence the "how bad" part. Since he was a killer then we do probably need him dead to win.

Linki- Oh, answered. I'll post anyway because I spent a good two minutes on this!
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Here is the original post I made. Here with the next 10 posts or so, is the brief discussion that followed.
Here Dana, fixed the links.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Made, I don't think that's the case, to be honest. Since DF died on night 1 and we know he was Mafia I just kinda took it for granted that there were at least two teams. And in a 25 player game, it only makes sense for balancing reasons. You made a case against MR, so you know at least some people had reasons to believe he was bad. Same with you. The baddies wouldn't need to be one huge unit all voting for the same player for this to go the way it did.
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Made wrote:hmm... I just realized something. If MP killed on even nights, and I'm correct in assuming there's only one mafia, then we might not have a kill tonight.
The Knight who says Ni might have a baddie partner who does the killing. Somebody killed Epi last night. Or there's a second mafia.

...here comes the French speculation...

Linki: Ok Enrique, first my post about the French pings you, and now you propose there is another mafia team to balance the game. :evileye:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Here is the original post I made. Here with the next 10 posts or so, is the brief discussion that followed.
Here Dana, fixed the links.
Thanks, MM. This helps clear things up.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I don't claim to have any idea of what that team is. I'm perfectly ok with what I said knowing how I came to that conclusion..
ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Indies are wild cards, their win conditions sometimes align with civvies and sometimes don't. That's what I'm getting at. I thought we might find out, and fortunately God has told us.
Uh....God has shared God's opinion. God does not necessarily have any more knowledge than the rest of us.

And I do understand how indy roles work. I still don't see how you think/thought we'd soon know how bad the rabbit is and/or if we needed him dead or not.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Enrique wrote:Made, I don't think that's the case, to be honest. Since DF died on night 1 and we know he was Mafia I just kinda took it for granted that there were at least two teams. And in a 25 player game, it only makes sense for balancing reasons. You made a case against MR, so you know at least some people had reasons to believe he was bad. Same with you. The baddies wouldn't need to be one huge unit all voting for the same player for this to go the way it did.
Rabbit killed on odd nights, so he might of killed DF and just happened to get mafia. Regardless of goal, he might of been the only one to kill on odd nights? Iunno. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Also because quoting on cellphone expect a lot of post only addressing a single point. If this is obnoxious for y'all I can accommodate.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Dana wrote:
Made wrote: What I think we need to determine is why reasons why mafia would want to vote Mr, Me, or another party entirely.
If they knew you weren't part of them, why wouldn't they vote for you? More civs dead is just better for them.

Well yeah Dana either of us dying was good for them, but voting MR or myself projects to very different things. One vote says I think made is mafia (which I'm not) the other says either I think MR is bad or I don't want to kill made.

For the sake of appearing civvie, which vote would give mafia the biggest advantage?

Both voting me and MR have a lot of implications, but figuring out which would be more advantageous, As MM allluded to, might help us figure out whose vote was inconsistent with the rest of their play.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 243
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: I'm not asking you to re-state suspicions. I'm asking you what you opinion is of LC and SVS. Statements like that make me think you're afraid of making a commitment, and make me more likely to think you're bad. But you might be able to clear up what my mind is thinking.

It's not like I'm saying for sure I'm going to vote for you. I just want to see you give a hard opinion on something. Because I don't feel like you have this game. At all.

Linki: Who is scum-aligned then, in your opinion?
So BWT here is what you said to me - my opinion of SVS and LC. I then re-printed the post I made last night clearly showing I was leaning good on SVS and LC, thus my thought was they were civ. That is my opinion of SVS and LC. I do not understand what you are asking me if it is not what you stated - my opinion of SVS and LC. Are you trying to ask me something else because my list is the answer to your question.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Boogs »

Lame result and I don't see why everyone jumped on Keterman. Made escapes once again with his Baddie teammates.....
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 91

Post by Hedgeowl »

Since we now see that the Beast and the Rabbit were SKs who killed on even and odd nights, I think they balance each other out. There could still be just one mafia team, since the Rabbit killed odd nights and DF was killed NIght 1 and flipped bad. With 25 players and 2 as SKs, I assume a mafia team would have at least 3-4 members. If only 1 mafia, maybe even 5 people. So if we have two mafia teams of 4 players each that would leave 15 potential civ roles. Does that sound balanced enough for those who would know better than me?
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 45
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Oh dear. RIP MR :( I also didn't quite understand the case on him. A re-read on the case (and others being mentioned, I suppose) is in order. Sorry I don't have much more to add than that at the moment (long workweek, even though it was actually short :huh: ).

I do so love it when the Lord comes to speak to us! And it is only through our most gracious, wonderful, and beautiful hosts that He is able to do so. Or is it vice-versa, Lord, since you are, well, omnipotent? I suppose that's not very good praise for our almighty overlords, is it?

...So, have a cat eating buildings as tribute.

Voting marshmallows, because marshmallows are delicious, no matter what anyone says :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Boogs »

Boogs wrote:Lame result and I don't see why everyone jumped on Keterman. Made escapes once again with his Baddie teammates.....
Mister rearranger. I'm sorry guys I'm in two games and I haven't been keeping up all the way. i don't see how the crowd shifted to Mr Rearanger suddenly and we decided not to lynch Made when we I thought that we mostly agreed he needed to go,
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 45
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Is. Is actually short. Fuckin' a, it's Thursday, not Friday.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Boogs wrote:
Boogs wrote:Lame result and I don't see why everyone jumped on Keterman. Made escapes once again with his Baddie teammates.....
Mister rearranger. I'm sorry guys I'm in two games and I haven't been keeping up all the way. i don't see how the crowd shifted to Mr Rearanger suddenly and we decided not to lynch Made when we I thought that we mostly agreed he needed to go,
Made wrote:
Boogs wrote:Voting Made because nothing has changed my mind since yesterday. If he turns up bad, we may see who his teammates are.

Not even when I directly replied to your original reason for voting for me-That even a civvie would want to defend themself- nothing has changed?

I just want to make sure you acknowledge this post before In case i do die.
Please acknowledge this boogs.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

lol did you even read the thread? Keterman was pressuring people out of voting for Made, and pushing against MR.
Hedgeowl wrote:Since we now see that the Beast and the Rabbit were SKs who killed on even and odd nights, I think they balance each other out. There could still be just one mafia team, since the Rabbit killed odd nights and DF was killed NIght 1 and flipped bad. With 25 players and 2 as SKs, I assume a mafia team would have at least 3-4 members. If only 1 mafia, maybe even 5 people. So if we have two mafia teams of 4 players each that would leave 15 potential civ roles. Does that sound balanced enough for those who would know better than me?
I still think it's two Mafias. 4-4 makes sense.
Boogs wrote:
Well clearly you're reading the game wrong then?
ImageImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

juliets wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote: I'm not asking you to re-state suspicions. I'm asking you what you opinion is of LC and SVS. Statements like that make me think you're afraid of making a commitment, and make me more likely to think you're bad. But you might be able to clear up what my mind is thinking.

It's not like I'm saying for sure I'm going to vote for you. I just want to see you give a hard opinion on something. Because I don't feel like you have this game. At all.

Linki: Who is scum-aligned then, in your opinion?
So BWT here is what you said to me - my opinion of SVS and LC. I then re-printed the post I made last night clearly showing I was leaning good on SVS and LC, thus my thought was they were civ. That is my opinion of SVS and LC. I do not understand what you are asking me if it is not what you stated - my opinion of SVS and LC. Are you trying to ask me something else because my list is the answer to your question.
I knew that. I thought you might have a more in-depth explanation of why you felt they were civ. But apparently not.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

:offtobed:
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Fuck. :( rip Mr.

This day went from.shitty to.a. damn dissaster and even Mafia.can't.go.right

I can't even cope.right.now.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

bea wrote:Fuck. :( rip Mr.

This day went from.shitty to.a. damn dissaster and even Mafia.can't.go.right

I can't even cope.right.now.
Sorry bea! *Hugz* Hope tomorrow is better! :)

Return to “Previous Jobs”