Game Over! Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Moderator: Community Team

How did Das Porcu do co-hosting his first game?

Stupendous!
80%
Horrific!
No votes
Who is Das Porcu?
No votes
Fucking fabulous!!/Hosts
20%

Total votes: 15
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 375

Re: Day 4 Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Post by S~V~S »

Also, you admit it was a lynch switch? Nothing to do with Concorde?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 243
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Here is my list - there has been some movement since the last list I made. Listed from most suspicious to least. Some of these are just gut vibes at this point and the numbers may not be exact. It's better to look at this as a bottom group, a middle group, and a top group. Some toward the top there has just been nothing so far on them but they are newish to the game:

1. made
2. boogs
3. reywas
4. bwt
5. Mongoose
6. MM
7. blooper - only because she is so blendy
8. bullz
9. bea
10.SVS - the seemer issue is causing me some concern that wasn't there before.
11. LC - when i looked at him again I remembered I didn't agree at all with his suspicion about SVS warning everyone before the challenge not to get sucked in by baddies; I do share his concern about the seemer theory;
12. Keterman
13. fingersplints
14. Lorab
15. Hedgeowl
16. canuck
17. llama
18. Dana
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Made wrote: You gotta believe dana. Gonna pull a SVS and campaign for your vote in hopes of starting a bandwagon
What does this mean?

Linki~ reasonable list JC, what "concerns" does it cause you? It may take me a bit to answer, but I want to address them.
Dana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 193
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dana »

I think Made and SVS are both civvie, actually. I was pretty suspicious of Llama but I'll have to go back and rethink things through. Also possibly the quietish ones are getting more suspicious as time goes on. I really didn't like SVS' early vote at all, but I do still trust her for some reason.
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 340
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

S~V~S wrote:Also, you admit it was a lynch switch? Nothing to do with Concorde?
What I am saying is that I had the most votes and didn't die. So the lynch was switched from me to Ap. If Lynch switch has any technical mafia term i'm not aware of, that is not what i meant to imply.
nice try shutting me up tho :)

dana- considering.....
Pov: you reading my takes
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

S~V~S wrote:
Made wrote: You gotta believe dana. Gonna pull a SVS and campaign for your vote in hopes of starting a bandwagon
What does this mean?
It means he wants to try to get me to vote for you in hopes of getting a lot of others to agree and vote for you too. I think.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Dana wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
What does this mean?
It means he wants to try to get me to vote for you in hopes of getting a lot of others to agree and vote for you too. I think.
^
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

My ego refuses to let me believe that SVS would not have recruited me, so I think you are the recruiter, Made.

Hey guys, remember the last time Made was up for a lynch and he totally weasled his way out of it? Yeah, let's not let that happen again.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Dana wrote:I think Made and SVS are both civvie, actually. I was pretty suspicious of Llama but I'll have to go back and rethink things through. Also possibly the quietish ones are getting more suspicious as time goes on. I really didn't like SVS' early vote at all, but I do still trust her for some reason.
Dana, I have been getting suspicion from people for suspecting Made, for not suspecting him enough, and then today, from Llama and Boogs, for backing off him, although I had clear reasons for doing that. Reasons that made yet other people suspect me, ha ha. So thank you for saying that. Not everyone gets that in mafia; that you can disagree with someone and not suspect them.

I voted early since I felt I needed to nip Llama & Boogs in the bud, becasue tbh as soon as I saw Enrique had died and flipped bad, i knew I would vote Made anyhow.

Linki @ Made, "trying to shut you up?" Where does that come from? I am trying to refute your points, but I do not want to shut you, or anyone else, up :(

Rhetoric much?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

S~V~S wrote:
What does this mean?

Linki~ reasonable list JC, what "concerns" does it cause you? It may take me a bit to answer, but I want to address them.
SVS i think what causes me the most concern is how do you see a seemer working in a game where the roles are not known and what is it about made that makes you think he is a seemer? On the second one I'm thinking about what llama said, i.e., any of us could say 'hey, i think there's a _____ in this game and it's _______." I think you may have explained what you see that makes you think he's a seemer but I think there are a number of us who need to hear that again. I know it's late and you've got to work tomorrow so if this has to hold until tomorrow night i'm personally ok with it. I'm not intending to vote you anyway.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 247
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: Day 3 Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Post by Marmot »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Made wrote:What was your opinion of voting to save me? I'd be willing to change my vote to MM, another vote from JC (I think she also spoke suspicions of MM) would be enough to at least tie it.
But I will address this comment. You've made cases against other players, but not against me. At one point, you even said you suspected me only because I suspect you. This doesn't gel. But I guess being a potential lynchee, you'll put your vote anywhere to save yourself. I will not fault you for that.
Made, would you mind answering this question I asked yesterday? Thanks.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

JC, a game where roles are not known is the BEST opportunity for a Seemer; no one to dispute the role they claim to have. No one even knows what roles exist.

And I discussed this at length~ the people openly supporting Made made me wonder why they were doing so. Him flipping civ if he was ever lynched would be a good reason, i did it with a seemer on my team once. It's a fairly standard play. And I have explained this more than once.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

thellama73 wrote:My ego refuses to let me believe that SVS would not have recruited me
she did just said she'd recruit me first

please help me, aunt yapping my ear off about colleges and is making it hard to focus on mafia
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

thellama73 wrote:My ego refuses to let me believe that SVS would not have recruited me, so I think you are the recruiter, Made.
I could say the same about Made. I don't think that statement means anything.
thellama73 wrote:Hey guys, remember the last time Made was up for a lynch and he totally weasled his way out of it? Yeah, let's not let that happen again.
I don't think he weasled out of anything, I genuinely think he isn't bad. Which actually probably means he is now that I think about it. But if he really isn't and he gets killed today, I will be pretty positive that you're bad.

Okay like 8 linki what is this
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:My ego refuses to let me believe that SVS would not have recruited me, so I think you are the recruiter, Made.

Hey guys, remember the last time Made was up for a lynch and he totally weasled his way out of it? Yeah, let's not let that happen again.
I plan on voting him again.

I'm not completely caught up, but do you still believe that SVS is on Made's team?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Ebwop, do you not believe my explanations, JC?
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

Made wrote: please help me, aunt yapping my ear off about colleges and is making it hard to focus on mafia
Tell her I said hi! And also go to college.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Dana wrote:
Made wrote: please help me, aunt yapping my ear off about colleges and is making it hard to focus on mafia
Tell her I said hi! And also go to college.
Definitely, go Auntie :D
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ok SVS, I see what you are saying about both these questions. Thank you for answering the second one even though you've answered it before.

lots of linki

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

S~V~S wrote:JC, a game where roles are not known is the BEST opportunity for a Seemer; no one to dispute the role they claim to have. No one even knows what roles exist.

And I discussed this at length~ the people openly supporting Made made me wonder why they were doing so. Him flipping civ if he was ever lynched would be a good reason, i did it with a seemer on my team once. It's a fairly standard play. And I have explained this more than once.
But the thing a seemer in a game with no given roles
1. Gives mafia a ridiculous amount of power!
2. Means mafia needs to know all existing roles, which again would be an insane amount of power
3. Means civvies need to consider the existence of a seemer in order to even compete with mafia.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:

I'm not completely caught up, but do you still believe that SVS is on Made's team?
Yeah, I think she wisely decided his usefulness has reached an end and voted him early for distancing purposes.

It's always possible that I'm wrong though.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

thellama73 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Yeah, I think she wisely decided his usefulness has reached an end and voted him early for distancing purposes.

The thing is I agree with this. She realized I stopped trusting/cooperating with her and now she wants me dead. She set up the seemer argument and used those she recruited to make sure the idea caught on so even when i flip civvie, I could still be considered mafia.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

juliets wrote:Ok SVS, I see what you are saying about both these questions. Thank you for answering the second one even though you've answered it before.

lots of linki
No worries, it's a large and confusing thread full of tomfoolery, shenanigans & blabbing to excess :D

Linki, Yeah, that's the point of that role, Made. It's been done before. The first game with a Seemer was a game with some unknown roles, and it was very effective, and has been a major source of paranoia in any games with baddie secrets ever since. All Hail Dharma Helper :noble: He set the standard for that role.

Perhaps the civvies have some way powerful roles to balance it? One never knows. I am not saying it is fact, i am saying it is a very fair possibility. All of those supporters.... getting all kinds of cred when you are lynched an flip civ.... not unheard of.

Linki :ponder: I wonder if boogs will feel the same, Llama?

Linki @ Made, you're really gonna die this time aren't you?
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 91

Post by fingersplints »

Do we HAVE to do the list? I know it was asked of us, but not sure I am able to yet.
Gro-oo-ovy
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

thellama73 wrote:
QFT
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

fingersplints wrote:Do we HAVE to do the list? I know it was asked of us, but not sure I am able to yet.
Do whatever you want, don't listen to anyone else.

Or you could not listen to me and do as I say. :confused:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

fingersplints wrote:Do we HAVE to do the list? I know it was asked of us, but not sure I am able to yet.
We have until Sunday, you can skip it if you want to incur Dennis' wrath.

Impressions to date?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:Linki @ Made, you're really gonna die this time aren't you?
:srsnod:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

S~V~S wrote: Linki @ Made, you're really gonna die this time aren't you?
SVS- Knowing this game, probably not.

linki- It's very encouraged

linki- QFT??

Also, I would like to point out how, suddenly SVS isn't interested in examining what Enrique's said this game for clues as to his alignment. Once again conflicting with her general play this game. (The first time being the very strange vote with ketterman.)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
He's got that desperation thing going on, instead of trying to defend, he's trying to distract.

"Me? Why i am an upstanding citizen, don't look at me....What's that over there? A wild SVS with crazy theories? BURN HER SHE'S A WITCH"

Linki~ what clues? HE WAS A BADDIE. And QFT=Quoted for truth
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 91

Post by fingersplints »

I think I am still missing a lot of information needed for these suspicions.
To me it seems like Made it saying SVS is suspicious for trusting someone for no apparent reason (while ignoring the fact that there could be out of thread reasons) and that she should know better due to experience. But the other suspicion (or the same?) of her seems to stem from her discussion of the possibility of a certain type of role. But it just seems to me with her experience she would know she wouldn't really have that much to gain from bringing it up. I don't know, it just seems to me like "she is experienced so she should know better" is being used in one situation, while her experience isn't being considered in the other.
Does that make sense at all? I'm still very confused at this point and I don't think I got a summary ;(

linki so many more lol
Thats basically what I am asking. If Dennis is allowed to punish me :ponder:
Gro-oo-ovy
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Made wrote:
S~V~S wrote: Linki @ Made, you're really gonna die this time aren't you?
SVS- Knowing this game, probably not.

linki- It's very encouraged

linki- QFT??

Also, I would like to point out how, suddenly SVS isn't interested in examining what Enrique's said this game for clues as to his alignment. Once again conflicting with her general play this game. (The first time being the very strange vote with ketterman.)
I think the time his stance changed on you was right around the time he was recruited. Those two events coincided.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
He's got that desperation thing going on, instead of trying to defend, he's trying to distract.

"Me? Why i am an upstanding citizen, don't look at me....What's that over there? A wild SVS with crazy theories? BURN HER SHE'S A WITCH"

I haven't developed a complete view on you yet. You've been playing a mighty fine game, but I'm waiting to see what happens with Made.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

fingersplints wrote:I think I am still missing a lot of information needed for these suspicions.
To me it seems like Made it saying SVS is suspicious for trusting someone for no apparent reason (while ignoring the fact that there could be out of thread reasons) and that she should know better due to experience. But the other suspicion (or the same?) of her seems to stem from her discussion of the possibility of a certain type of role. But it just seems to me with her experience she would know she wouldn't really have that much to gain from bringing it up. I don't know, it just seems to me like "she is experienced so she should know better" is being used in one situation, while her experience isn't being considered in the other.
Does that make sense at all? I'm still very confused at this point and I don't think I got a summary ;(

linki so many more lol
Thats basically what I am asking. If Dennis is allowed to punish me :ponder:
I think Dennis is like a gossip role? I got the impression he would suspect you for not making a list. But not sure if he can interact, GOD seems to interact, so :shrug:

And yeah, I am damned if I do, damned if i don't this game. Can't make anyone happy~ luckily, I am not trying, I am just playing for myself, and having fun :D
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Ebwop, although GOD could just be a role like The Whore and the parrot in Pirates. No way of knowing.
Marmot
Marmot

Re: Day 3 Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Post by Marmot »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Made wrote:What was your opinion of voting to save me? I'd be willing to change my vote to MM, another vote from JC (I think she also spoke suspicions of MM) would be enough to at least tie it.
But I will address this comment. You've made cases against other players, but not against me. At one point, you even said you suspected me only because I suspect you. This doesn't gel. But I guess being a potential lynchee, you'll put your vote anywhere to save yourself. I will not fault you for that.
Made, would you mind answering this question I asked yesterday? Thanks.
Hey Made. ^^^

Linki: :ponder:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

S~V~S wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Last time, It was actually close. This time i'm being Steamrolled. I'm desperate to turn the tide and stop another civvie lynch. Please note that the game i did freak out in, Misfits, was more like this because I freaked out after being jumped on by 3 people at once, then I flipped Civvie. JS.

also, SVS, your vote with ketterman is very suspicious and should be acknowledge. Brushing it out like you have been this game does make you look worst. I acknowledge the very weak situational argument against me, yet you ignore the fact that you changed your vote because of ketterman? This action was directly performed by you.

I'm posting often (and honestly panicking) but my post are logical, the logic is just being ignored. Don't misquote me, honestly it's makes the game more upsetting than fun.

Honestly SVS, if we're going by post per hour as a way to define a "Freak out", you're more than likely winning right now. How is immediately recruiting votes from known Made haters to insight a bandwagon, then shaming me for attempting to do the same not the exact thing you quoted me doing.

linki from MM- Honestly, I had a feeling about you that wasn't very strong, but I also thought I could get you lynched :/
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

edwop(?!?) When i say "This action was directly performed by you." I'm referring to your voting for ketterman
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I am not freaking out. I am having fun. I am just warming up. I like this :D

And I did address the Keterman vote~ first, I did not want to lynch you at that point in time, and tbh, your case on MR was not half bad. Second, I think Keterman has fairly good instincts (although wrong about me in this game) plus I thought he had info, he acted more like that than as if his vote was being forced.
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

Made wrote:Please note that the game i did freak out in, Misfits, was more like this because I freaked out after being jumped on by 3 people at once, then I flipped Civvie. JS.
You bringing this up is quite fishy, Made. "Hey guys I'm acting the same and I was good then so I'm good here" Hmm...
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

fingersplints wrote: Made in saying SVS is suspicious for trusting someone for no apparent reason (while ignoring the fact that there could be out of thread reasons) and that she should know better due to experience. But the other suspicion (or the same?) of her seems to stem from her discussion of the possibility of a certain type of role. But it just seems to me with her experience she would know she wouldn't really have that much to gain from bringing it up.
Yes she would. She gains the leverage needed to removed suspicion from herself when I do flip civvie. As for Ketterman, while i also think that ketterman knew more than he was letting on, I figured this would had met more resistance from SVS then a simple "K voting MR"

.....Just a thought......If I wouldn't of recruited Enrique, and SVS wouldn't of recruited enrique....then who would had?

linki- Dana, the only reason i'm bring it up is to counter the point that I posted less leading up to the first time i was almost lynched this game. It doesn't prove my innocence, but it does disprove those that point.
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 35

Post by a2thezebra »

SVS ed my concernslaugh direct to my face! I am offended oting h't like how she had already exdoing by follLies
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Keterman wrote:SVS ed my concernslaugh direct to my face! I am offended oting h't like how she had already exdoing by follLies
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Just a thought...in my post about who would have recruited Enrique (where I named both you and I, Made) i also named several other people. Lets see if our lists match!

Um, what? I would be happy to concernslaugh direct to your face (or not, as the case may be), just tell me what it means.

Linki~ ? to the table
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

That would have worked better if it worked ha ha ha
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

Keterman wrote:SVS ed my concernslaugh direct to my face! I am offended oting h't like how she had already exdoing by follLies
Time to hunt for secret code. The "Lies" in "follLies" is all that caught my attention so far but I will keep looking!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

He thinks I am lying, and a baddie becasue I followed his vote. I got that. But seriously, if I had forced his vote, i would have voted for someone else after MR was numerically lynched. Like I said, I did not want to lynch made, I thought the MR case was not too bad, and I thought he had info. It is what it is.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Ok, let's stop and think about this.
Cursing Ketterman (which is what i'm assuming at this point) significantly hurts the case against SVS is making me pause. This may be a WIFOM, but if it's intent was to make me less suspect...

I think we should step back for a second. We do have 2 days to figure out how many people are going to vote me and how many are going to vote 2nd party candidate.

As for list of people. I'm thinking people who would have known him from old mafia rather than irc. Either that or Dana. Dana would probably would of recruited me unless she planned to screw with me.

Also, the Jeopardy theme at the beginning of the show with the electric guitars is way better. :guitar:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Or they could have recruited him for strategy purposes. And I would not exclude IRC, and neither should you, tbh, cause it makes YOU look like you are intentionally excluding him becasue YOU know him from IRC. ;)

And you have never seen me curse someone~ I can do a better curse than that one :srsnod:

Return to “Previous Jobs”