Total votes: 6
Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 308

Re: Lasagna Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Luckbox Inc »

Hyena wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:31 pm
Luckbox Inc wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:26 pm
ejjinami wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:09 am Shortly cuz I don’t really feel like quoting all posts

Hyena seems to be focused more on asking questions than getting conclusions. He’s doesn’t seem to care if the answer is sth that would normally be considered helpful or not (not focused on doing the “objectively townie” things)
Honestly, this is probably a very dumb meta read but I feel like this is just town

Esooa still doesn’t feel like scum either. They seem to be prodding people here and there, showing confidence in their votes yet changing them at a whim every once in a while (ignoring drama, not adding fuel to the fire, focusing on getting reads instead of lynching them). This doesn’t always have to be AI but at least at this very moment they are most likely not pushing a wolf agenda

I THINK luckbox should be town for the same reasons as well… (the reasoning is just stronger) They just don’t seem interested in easy drama?
They’re just doing their own things, getting reads separate from the game state
Hyena what are your thoughts on this EJJ post as it reads pretty wolfy to me.
That post doesn't read wolfy to me. Actually, it reads more towny to me based on my experience with her. I think the fact that she's using stuff that she considers 'bad reasons to townread someone' to townread someone in spite of thinking it's a bad reason is towny from her, if that makes any sense. What did you find wolfy about that post in particular?
The reasoning on you just doesn't make sense. And it's one of the those that I guess is a reads list but she's picking out 3 of the most villagery people to clear-- which shouldn't be seen as too groundbreaking-- but it just seems like something a wolf could write. I can't really explain why I find it wolfy-- but I also have no baseline for what village EJJ sounds like.
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 85
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Hyena wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:15 pm
Alison wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:10 pmsup hyena
Heeey. What do you think of your wagon at the moment? Do you think there are any scum on it?
Kami I think? Falc is sheeping you and otherwise seems to be in his town meta, Syn is just being contrarian about me not liking the way people handle hypos. Neither of them seemed particulrly scummy in the way they jumped onto me.

What's your take on nook?
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 22

Post by falcon45ca »

Esooa wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:06 pm tbh we're never killing Nanook today cause Kami peeked him and we're not killing Kami cause I peeked her
OK, I shall sheep you now.

I can't sheep a no vote, so Hyena is of no help right now

[VOTE: WHOEVER ESSOA IS VOTING FOR, IMMA CHECK] aubergine
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 115
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

Actually, I take back what I just said about Ejji being towny for being okay with having "bad reasons" to townread/scumread people.

When Luck mentioned not having a baseline for what town!Ejji sounds like, I thought about instead maybe giving him some things I'd look out for in terms of scum!Ejji. Thus, I went back to an old game we played (Ejji: the one where you and Mist were scum together and you won in an f3 with Royee and Qvapil) and started looking through her ISO.

Not ONLY did I find her doing things what she thought were "bad reasons", but she also did something she's been doing quite a bit in this game -- making a bunch of not-SvS pairings between people.

So, I don't feel as confident about Ejji now.

With that said,

Luck, what do you think about Nanook both in relation to Ejji and otherwise?
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Alison wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:56 pm
Heeey. What do you think of your wagon at the moment? Do you think there are any scum on it?
Kami I think? Falc is sheeping you and otherwise seems to be in his town meta, Syn is just being contrarian about me not liking the way people handle hypos. Neither of them seemed particulrly scummy in the way they jumped onto me.

I'll answer this in a moment after Luck responds to me.
Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer

Post by Luckbox Inc »

Hyena wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:06 pm
[/quote]
I see there is some interaction between them but nothing I saw jumps out as w/w.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Luckbox Inc wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:17 pm
Hyena wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:06 pm
I see there is some interaction between them but nothing I saw jumps out as w/w.
[/quote]

Alright, cool.

Now I'll tell you the last thing I realized/remembered while browsing through Ejji's ISO in that game:

She does NOT bus partners. She did everything she could to keep Mist alive that game, even going out of her way to look suss to keep her alive as long as possible. Thus, if we are dealing with a scum!Ejji this game, I'd actually lean that Nanook is town.

And now, I'll respond to Alison...
Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer

Post by Luckbox Inc »

I thought Nanook was mildly villagery yesterday but don't see at all why they couldn't be a wolf.
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 76

Post by Syn »

Luckbox Inc wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:23 pm I thought Nanook was mildly villagery yesterday but don't see at all why they couldn't be a wolf.
level 0 read on D1
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer

Post by Luckbox Inc »

Syn wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:24 pm
Luckbox Inc wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:23 pm I thought Nanook was mildly villagery yesterday but don't see at all why they couldn't be a wolf.
level 0 read on D1
What sort of read on Nanook should I have here?
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Alison wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:56 pm

Alright, so, I got sidetracked with the Nanook+Ejji stuff. I liked his reaction to me when I pointed out that he seemed present in the thread but not engaged. Outside of those two things though, he seems the same as ever, which makes me want to call him scum since I've been right about it the past 2-3 times. However, I'm much less confident this game than I was the previous couple of times. I wouldn't go after him today.
Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer

Post by Luckbox Inc »

in interest of ful disclosure I just reminded Deli this game started as I saw they were active in a discord thing I'm in
Deli
The Mark
Posts in topic: 133
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by Deli »

oof sorry I didn't realize this started
Deli
The Mark

Post by Deli »

"discord thing I'm in" aka nerd chat about fountain pens lmao
Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer

Post by Luckbox Inc »

Deli wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:36 pm "discord thing I'm in" aka nerd chat about fountain pens lmao
lol. amongst other topics but mostly pens
Deli
The Mark

Post by Deli »

starting with a reread... pg 1 thoughts
Luckbox Inc wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:03 pm I'm the seer with a wolf peek but I'll wait until they start acting wolfy before I say anything.

I've played with Esooa, Deli, Kami, and Creature before and expect to be able to read them in roughly that order. I also have notes on some of the others here as either good, decent, or decent and slanky.

I've played a ton of this game in my life and generally have a unconventional style that's built around tone reads. So for the wolves here, please try to do your best to sound natural to make this a good game.

Also-- this 48/24 format is nuts and I'm used to 12/12, so I have no idea what sort of posting volume is typical in these, but I assume I'll be towards the top in post-count. Goal today is to interact with everyone and try to get a feel for everyone.

I might also randomly call people and posts wolfy and I might not always mean what I say as sometimes I do things for reactions and mild trolling.
How do we make votes here?
wolfy
Syn wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:12 pm
Luckbox Inc wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:03 pm I'm the seer with a wolf peek but I'll wait until they start acting wolfy before I say anything.

I've played with Esooa, Deli, Kami, and Creature before and expect to be able to read them in roughly that order. I also have notes on some of the others here as either good, decent, or decent and slanky.

I've played a ton of this game in my life and generally have a unconventional style that's built around tone reads. So for the wolves here, please try to do your best to sound natural to make this a good game.

Also-- this 48/24 format is nuts and I'm used to 12/12, so I have no idea what sort of posting volume is typical in these, but I assume I'll be towards the top in post-count. Goal today is to interact with everyone and try to get a feel for everyone.

I might also randomly call people and posts wolfy and I might not always mean what I say as sometimes I do things for reactions and mild trolling.
How do we make votes here?
[VOTE: Suckbox Incorporated] aubergine
rude
Luckbox Inc wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:17 pm ok I see..there is a vote tag
[VOTE: Syn] aubergine
ok I'm ready. come at me wolves
villager-y
ejjinami wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:25 pm
Luckbox Inc wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:17 pm ok I see..there is a vote tag
[VOTE: Syn] aubergine
ok I'm ready. come at me wolves
it would be more effective if you posted this in the wolf chat instead
give it a shot, I won’t tell on you, pinky promise :)
wolfy
Deli
The Mark

Post by Deli »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:16 pm
Luckbox Inc wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:12 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:06 pm Id reread the op
Ok I think I've got it...we vote in the poll and in the thread-- but if I vote in the thread and intend on changing it a bunch of times is it also mandatory to update it in the poll.
Nanook
feels scummy so far
Sighs

You can't have a red bud you're just outing yourself as vt
Why couldn't he be a wolf? Calling it before this is TMI lmao
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Luckbox Inc wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:27 pm
Syn wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:24 pm
level 0 read on D1
What sort of read on Nanook should I have here?
oh, the nanook thing is fine

it's "don't see at all why they couldn't be a wolf"

it's D1, is there really anyone you think couldn't be a wolf? really?

ImageImageImageImage
Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer

Post by Luckbox Inc »

Syn wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:43 pm it's D1, is there really anyone you think couldn't be a wolf? really?
Probably Hyena.
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

lol

that's good

ImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

I'm going to assume that meta diving someone who's alignment they already know and coming up with incredibly specific reads based on them is out of most people's wolf range. If anyone has seen Hyena wolf and think it's not out of theirs, let me know.

I also think Luckbox is town. I don't feel like saying why, but you can probably take a guess.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Hyena, I read Ejj town earlier because of how aggressively they were fishing for reactions early game and against orangecrush. What do you think of that read given your newfound experience with Ejj wolf?
Deli
The Mark

Post by Deli »

page 2 thoughts
Luckbox Inc wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:13 pm Hypo claiming being hypothetical claiming?
People should be waiting until their peek actually does something villagery before claiming them as a peek. That's the best way to do it.
Are you going to openly seer-hunt itt this game?
Alison wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:14 pm Nobody should claim a hypothetical peek at all this game. That is so dumb. You are just helping the wolves figure out who the seer is.
^
Creature wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:16 pm We should hold on leaving a seer cover until the end of the day, and here is why:

- If you fake a pregame green check on a wolf, they will know you're not the cop
- If you fake a pregame green check on a town but you end up pushing them later, the wolves will figure you're not the cop

So instead we should build reads on each other and then leave a seer cover on someone we actually townread and we don't intend to reconsider anytime soon. If you're the cop, you treat your pregame check like you would treat any unchecked player until the time to leave a cover. If you're not the cop, you try to sort all players and then pick one to treat as locktown until the cop is dead/revealed.
mech talk
Alison wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:17 pm Just play like normal human beings instead of trying to be clever.
^ I like alison
Luckbox Inc wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:29 pm Well Creature is already more villagery than the time I wolfed with him-- although the focus on mechanics and not reads doesn't have me fully convinced.
I was thinking the opposite
Creature wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:33 pm I confess I've been only discussing game theory though.
self-aware mech talk
Luckbox Inc wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:37 pm Syn doesn't seem to be trying to act villagery in any sort of way--- which I assume is villagery
I have not seen them wolf, but this is consistent with what I've seen of their villa play.
Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer

Post by Luckbox Inc »

Deli wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:53 pm Are you going to openly seer-hunt itt this game?
Luckbox Inc wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:29 pm Well Creature is already more villagery than the time I wolfed with him-- although the focus on mechanics and not reads doesn't have me fully convinced.
I was thinking the opposite
Luckbox Inc wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:37 pm Syn doesn't seem to be trying to act villagery in any sort of way--- which I assume is villagery
I have not seen them wolf, but this is consistent with what I've seen of their villa play.
Probably not on the open seer stuff. That seems like a little much for new people.
RE Creature: He still hasn't given any reads but he has said if he were a wolf he would have-- which I do somehow sort of want to believe.
Syn has been in commentary mode all game.
Deli
The Mark

Post by Deli »

uhg I'm bored of reading from the beginning, do I actually need to read all of this?
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Deli wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:59 pm uhg I'm bored of reading from the beginning, do I actually need to read all of this?
no

ImageImageImageImage
Deli
The Mark

Post by Deli »

Luckbox Inc wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:58 pm Probably not on the open seer stuff. That seems like a little much for new people.
RE Creature: He still hasn't given any reads but he has said if he were a wolf he would have-- which I do somehow sort of want to believe.
Well I'm sure he'd never lie to you if he were a wolf here :confused2:
Deli
The Mark

Post by Deli »

Syn wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:59 pm
Deli wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:59 pm uhg I'm bored of reading from the beginning, do I actually need to read all of this?
no
this might be the nicest thing you've ever said to me
Alison

Post by Alison »

Aren't there people who can call Creature out if he's lying about his meta there
Deli
The Mark

Post by Deli »

first three pages and I think creature - w
Deli
The Mark

Post by Deli »

Alison wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:00 pm Aren't there people who can call Creature out if he's lying about his meta there
I've played with him a lot on multiple forums, I don't think he's that consistent. Half of the times I've played with him he was slanky with no reads as a w o l f
Alison

Post by Alison »

Deli wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:02 pm
Alison wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:00 pm Aren't there people who can call Creature out if he's lying about his meta there
I've played with him a lot on multiple forums, I don't think he's that consistent. Half of the times I've played with him he was slanky with no reads as a w o l f
Is he capable of putting this much effort and investment into coordinating mech if he's wolf
Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer

Post by Luckbox Inc »

Alison wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:04 pm
Is he capable of putting this much effort and investment into coordinating mech if he's wolf
There's no coordinating mechanics in a vanilla game though-- and even if there were it's the easiest thing for wolves to do.
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 147

Post by Creature »

Deli wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:00 pm
Luckbox Inc wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:58 pm Probably not on the open seer stuff. That seems like a little much for new people.
Well I think it should be pretty much true that it's a lot easier for me to read everybody when I'm wolf than when I'm town, it's pretty much TMI I can't escape, while as town I can still get a lot of initial town feels but then start to doubt.
Deli
The Mark

Post by Deli »

full disclosure: I've read three pages of this game
Deli
The Mark

Post by Deli »

Creature wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:08 pm
Well I think it should be pretty much true that it's a lot easier for me to read everybody when I'm wolf than when I'm town, it's pretty much TMI I can't escape, while as town I can still get a lot of initial town feels but then start to doubt.

it's the self-awareness that's pinging me -.-
Deli
The Mark

Post by Deli »

Luckbox Inc wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:08 pm
There's no coordinating mechanics in a vanilla game though-- and even if there were it's the easiest thing for wolves to do.

^ Luckbox can still be a wolf btw even tho I like this post.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Luckbox Inc wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:08 pm
Yeah, I was already kinda planning to post a "don't hypoclaim until eod" post as soon as possible to optimize cop cover way before the signups filled.
Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer

Post by Luckbox Inc »

Deli wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:09 pm it's the self-awareness that's pinging me -.-
In fairness to him there-- at the point where he made the post you're referring to, I'm pretty sure I had already thrown shade on him for doing nothing but seer talk.
Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer

Post by Luckbox Inc »

Deli wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:09 pm it's the self-awareness that's pinging me -.-
In fairness to him there-- at the point where he made the post you're referring to, I'm pretty sure I had already thrown shade on him for doing nothing but seer talk.
Deli
The Mark

Post by Deli »

Luckbox Inc wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:11 pm
I'm referring to the post he just made, that I just quoted
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Deli wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:09 pm
Creature wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:08 pm

it's the self-awareness that's pinging me -.-
doesn't make it any less valid I think
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 143
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Deli wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:40 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:16 pm
Luckbox Inc wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:12 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:06 pm Id reread the op
Ok I think I've got it...we vote in the poll and in the thread-- but if I vote in the thread and intend on changing it a bunch of times is it also mandatory to update it in the poll.
Nanook
feels scummy so far
Sighs

You can't have a red bud you're just outing yourself as vt
Why couldn't he be a wolf? Calling it before this is TMI lmao
Lol
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer

Post by Luckbox Inc »

Grrs that's twice I've done that now...still getting used to this software
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Luckbox Inc wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:12 pm Grrs that's twice I've done that now...still getting used to this software
Good luck lol
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Don't be surprised if random emojis appear in your posts while mobileposting
Deli
The Mark