Game Over! Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Moderator: Community Team

How did Das Porcu do co-hosting his first game?

Stupendous!
80%
Horrific!
No votes
Who is Das Porcu?
No votes
Fucking fabulous!!/Hosts
20%

Total votes: 15
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 243
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Day 6 Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Post by juliets »

Long Con wrote: I had Juliets as a suspicion earlier, and I let it go for a bit because she made a good defense. I did not drop it, I just didn't pursue it for a bit. I'll have to recall what the suspicion was based on... More of a hassle at the moment though, because my computer is out of commission for now, and I'm permaphone guy.

Also, I was at work during the competition, sorry I couldn't help out, team.
The suspicion had to do with me taking up something Canuck had said which was that made's antics might be a diversion that his teammates could hide behind. People wouldn't vote made because of all the talk that he was just like this in misfits so it was a good way for a baddie to divert attention. You thought that that thought was something original but I then showed you that canuck had said it first, and why wouldn't you have been suspicious of her if you were suspicious of me.

That was your suspicion to the best of my recollection.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 233
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

As I recall, it was the way you said it. What Canuck said was not as suspicious to me, when I get back on a computer I'll try and go back, look, and explain why.

I think Canuck is Civ this game. I could be wrong, just think her posts are genuine.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Yes, and I am civ too.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 153
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Hells, bells Dennis.

BWT was one of the few people I felt good about. Well overwhelmingly good.

Glad you are back!

I'm going to read BWT and see if he was on any trails that might let us to something delicious. I encourage you all to do the same.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

As I pointed out earlier, bwt was talking about ninjajellobabies and Canuck right before he died. His suspicion of Canuck seemed stronger. I personally believe she is a civ. I do agree that everyone should read it for themselves.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

EBWOP: the point of my post is we can't lynch either ninja or Canuck today even if we wanted to.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Wow, triple post - one more thing.

I will be traveling home on Saturday and that's the day our lynch ends. So, if you have suspicions about me that you want to give me a chance to respond to please post them tomorrow, Friday, so I will have that opportunity. I won't be home until after the lynch ends.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Boogs »

:omg:
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

juliets wrote:As I pointed out earlier, bwt was talking about ninjajellobabies and Canuck right before he died. His suspicion of Canuck seemed stronger. I personally believe she is a civ. I do agree that everyone should read it for themselves.
Canuck has got to be a red herring.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Mongoose wrote:
juliets wrote:As I pointed out earlier, bwt was talking about ninjajellobabies and Canuck right before he died. His suspicion of Canuck seemed stronger. I personally believe she is a civ. I do agree that everyone should read it for themselves.
In what way?
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 192

Post by Enrique »

hi rezz
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Long Con wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
In what way?
It just seems too obvious a set-up.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I'm having trouble understanding still, are you saying she's a Civvie set up as a baddie?
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Long Con wrote:I'm having trouble understanding still, are you saying she's a Civvie set up as a baddie?
I'm pretty sure that's where I was going with that, yeah.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Mongoose, who are you saying set up Canuck? My quote that you quoted was about bwt's suspicion. (And again, I lean civ on her).

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

For Llama, you did an extra-creative, A-plus effort post in his defense. For Canuck, I've been trying for the last twelve hours to get what you're saying, and you've responded several times, and I still don't have a clue what you mean.

Who is setting Canuck up? Why do you believe she's Civvie? When did this setup happen? Do you suspect certain people for setting her up? Why are you avoiding any sort of elaboration?

This disconnect between your defense of Llama and your defense of Canuck is strange, what are you up to? It's making me feel suspicious, Goose.
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 91

Post by fingersplints »

I'm with you on this one LC. I don't get how she is only "pretty sure" that's where she was going. Wouldn't she know what she was getting at? I'll wait for Mongoose to try and explain more but this doesn't make me feel good about her.
Gro-oo-ovy
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

I'm back - and on my way to work soon. :(

RIP SVS and Teefies. :( I'm sorry you both dieded.

I want to go back and re-read the stuffs I missed. I slammed through it all last night when I was super tired so bits of it are a bit blurry.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 139

Post by Canucklehead »

Today I had planned to strongly consider a vote for llama (as per God's direction :noble: ) or ninjajujube....

Frown.

I am (obviously) very happy to see others considering voting Mongoose, since I would 100% not be surprised if she was on a baddie team with llama and/or ninja.
I've thought Mongoose was bad almost all game. I therefore don't think it will come as too much of a surprise that I'm prepared to vote for her now.

There is loads of time to change my vote I necessary, but I somehow think that I might be difficult to persuade on this one...
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I just looked at the poll and saw that Keterman voted for me. I went all the way back to the night results but didn't find a post. What gives Keterman? Why would you vote for me and why without even posting?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 139

Post by Canucklehead »

Odd. My initial guess is silence/force vote? But is that a combo we've seen in the game before?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Canucklehead wrote:Odd. My initial guess is silence/force vote? But is that a combo we've seen in the game before?
It seems like we've seen silenced no vote, but not silence with vote. It could be a forced vote though and that's why he didn't say anything about it. We'll see if he will answer my question.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Now Mongoose voted Canuck... Such weird!
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Long Con wrote:Now Mongoose voted Canuck... Such weird!
:ponder:

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Except the opposite because Canuck's not on the poll.

I haven't been getting the civviest feelings from Mongoose's posts, but my real problem is llama. I have been pretty sure he is civ, but reevaluating if I am super off. People said Mongooses defense of him was strange and possibly forced, but I haven't seen a forced defense before. I do remember in Supernatural being forced to do the opposite and make a case on Tranq. Juliets were you the trickster role in that game? Have others seen roles with forced defense before?
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Hedgeowl wrote:

I haven't been getting the civviest feelings from Mongoose's posts, but my real problem is llama. I have been pretty sure he is civ, but reevaluating if I am super off. People said Mongooses defense of him was strange and possibly forced, but I haven't seen a forced defense before. I do remember in Supernatural being forced to do the opposite and make a case on Tranq. Juliets were you the trickster role in that game? Have others seen roles with forced defense before?
Hedgie, I cannot remember who I was. I did force Chris to make a case against Tranq seems like it was in Recruitment III. He just started declaring Tranq as bad and it almost worked. I haven't thought about Mongooses defense of llama as forced because I believe she made statement about him prior to that day. I'll double check though.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

juliets wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:

Hedgie, I cannot remember who I was. I did force Chris to make a case against Tranq seems like it was in Recruitment III. He just started declaring Tranq as bad and it almost worked. I haven't thought about Mongooses defense of llama as forced because I believe she made statement about him prior to that day. I'll double check though.
I was wrong. I looked back through her posts and though she mentioned llama a couple of times I did not see her making any strong statement that he was civ.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Oops, yeah, Canuck voted Mongoose. Sorry for the error.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 340

Post by thellama73 »

Hedgeowl wrote:

Maybe some people just know my play style better than others. :shrug:
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:

Ture, and you know I'm Mayor Civ, right? Let's all consider someone else today!

Blatant "Look Over There!" tactic is blatant.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Mongoose wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:

I am still having trouble understanding you.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Mongoose, I think you have to give us an explanation that makes sense about your red herring comment. I can think of a baddie explanation but not a civ one.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Boogs wrote: :omg:
Nothing else to say?? :ponder:
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Hedgeowl wrote:

I'm trying to remember which game it was (or games for that matter) but I've definitely seen people be forced to post a lot of ways. It could be we are looking at it wrong and that she wasn't forced to defend llama but only just forced to talk about only him - I have seen that before. (or could be llama has that role and is making up the restrictions and wanted some help in the defense department)

My problem is her posting already seems off today, so if she was restricted in some way the last day period she can't be again today (unless the hosts allow double targeting.)
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I remember back when rabbit played (maybe he still does? haven't heard about him in a long while though) and I used to love to make him post nice things about people.
Gro-oo-ovy
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 264

Post by Bullzeye »

fingersplints wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:

I'm trying to remember which game it was (or games for that matter) but I've definitely seen people be forced to post a lot of ways. It could be we are looking at it wrong and that she wasn't forced to defend llama but only just forced to talk about only him - I have seen that before. (or could be llama has that role and is making up the restrictions and wanted some help in the defense department)

My problem is her posting already seems off today, so if she was restricted in some way the last day period she can't be again today (unless the hosts allow double targeting.)
I was forced in Misfits a few weeks ago to post about how suspicious I totally definitely was of Dana but didn't actually have to vote for her, so I could believe in a curse where someone was forced only to talk about a person. It would make me wonder about the person that the curse wanted discussed though.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 340

Post by thellama73 »

Mongoose's posts always sound forced to me regardless of her alignment. I think she overthinks them.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

I see MM had nothing to say in response to my re-explanation of why I find him suspicious. I also have a problem with his vote for LoRab, which he said was 'until she explains why she finds him suspicious'. She offered an explanation and his vote stuck, which makes me feel like it was basically just a NO U.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Actually, the points I've made so far have convinced me to *Vote MM*
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 247
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Bullzeye wrote:I see MM had nothing to say in response to my re-explanation of why I find him suspicious. I also have a problem with his vote for LoRab, which he said was 'until she explains why she finds him suspicious'. She offered an explanation and his vote stuck, which makes me feel like it was basically just a NO U.
Now that's not fair. I haven't been on since then. :mad:

And as I said before, I wanted an answer from LoRab. I had asked before, and she didn't answer, so I knew a vote might get her attention more.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

I don't know when you have and haven't been on, but it was nearly an entire day and you seemed to be around when I first responded to you.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 247
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Bullzeye wrote:I see MM had nothing to say in response to my re-explanation of why I find him suspicious. I also have a problem with his vote for LoRab, which he said was 'until she explains why she finds him suspicious'. She offered an explanation and his vote stuck, which makes me feel like it was basically just a NO U.
And to the points you made, I don't really have anything else to say, except that it's a movie I know well, and I've had fun making allusions to the movie in my posts.

I do want llama's view on this. He seems to have deliberately avoided talking about it, or about me in general for that matter. Llama usually calls me out on something before now in games.

Linki: I left my computer to go help my friend out with some things yesterday, and eventually got more sidetracked.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 375

Post by S~V~S »

fingersplints wrote:I remember back when rabbit played (maybe he still does? haven't heard about him in a long while though) and I used to love to make him post nice things about people.
Ha ha, I remember when your avatar at Hedville was a picture of Rabbit wearing a tiara. Good times :D He has not been around in a while, he was a monstrous pain in the ass at times, but his awesome outweighed it.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I have to vote tonight and i am the most worried about Mongoose. I believe her comment about Canuck being a red herring was meant for baddie bts and she posted it here by mistake. That is further supported by her replies to long con.

Here was the first post:
Mongoose wrote:
Long Con asked her "In what way" and her response was:
Mongoose wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
In what way?
It just seems too obvious a set-up.
Notice that makes no sense.

Then this:
Mongoose wrote:
Long Con wrote:I'm having trouble understanding still, are you saying she's a Civvie set up as a baddie?
I'm pretty sure that's where I was going with that, yeah.
She's "pretty sure" that's where she was going with that? Why isnt she sure - she's the one who said it. I think she is scrambling to find something that makes sense because she never should have posted that comment about Canuck being a read herring in this thread to begin with.

Then there is this:
Mongoose wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:

Her comment that she was blatantly telling us to look somewhere else was funny, but I believe it is her telling us she's caught - she cant explain that first comment about Canuck being a red herring, the one that started this whole thing because she never meant to say it in the first place.

Mongoose has been on the site today yet has not answer the questions I put forth about her comments. Maybe she was just going into her game thread and not coming here at all but I really think she is avoiding this thread because it's impossible to answer the questions. Like I said, I have to vote tonight but I will give her more time to come in and explain herself.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

S~V~S wrote:
fingersplints wrote:I remember back when rabbit played (maybe he still does? haven't heard about him in a long while though) and I used to love to make him post nice things about people.
Ha ha, I remember when your avatar at Hedville was a picture of Rabbit wearing a tiara. Good times :D He has not been around in a while, he was a monstrous pain in the ass at times, but his awesome outweighed it.
I remember that was when I first joined Hedville and you or Bea said I was going to have some competion for rabbit battles with diggz and PGH. I knew I had to do something big to make my entrance and I found that picture of him in the pictures thread. It was just too perfect to pass up. :D good times!
Gro-oo-ovy
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Boogs »

Bullzeye wrote:Actually, the points I've made so far have convinced me to *Vote MM*
:eye: :mad:
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Now that's not fair. I haven't been on since then. :mad:

And as I said before, I wanted an answer from LoRab. I had asked before, and she didn't answer, so I knew a vote might get her attention more.
No, you didn't. I just read through all of your posts since I replaced in and do not see a post where you asked me. If I'm missing it, please link to where you asked me before.

Unless maybe you asked your teammates in BTSC why they thought I might suspect you?
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

what the heck weird stuff went down while I was at work today?

I'm confused by goosey's confusion. I'm not sure I understand why she isn't sure what point she was trying to make about canuck. Goosey - could you explainy a little more please? I'm easily confuzzled after all....

JC's vote would normally seem weird too. I would normally expect her to wait for goosey to respond but knowing she's not going to be around at lynch time helps to make more sense of her early vote.

Speaking of early votes, there sure does seem to be a bunch of them with little to no discussion. WTH? Not *all* of these peeps can be cursed can they?

OMG!!! Pretty Princess Wabbit Tiara!!! I still have that pict somewhere. I remember when splintsy first pmed it to me and made me swear to keep it a secret till she busted out the icon. I miss that waskly SOB. :sigh:
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ok, I have to turn in because of the long drive tomorrow. As I mentioned earlier, I need to go ahead and vote. I really feel strongly that Mongoose made a slip today and posted something in the thread that should have been in the chat room as my earlier post indicated, so I'm going to join Canuck in a Mongoose vote.

*vote Mongoose*

linki bea - I'm just now voting Mongoose. Gave her as much time as I had.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Also, reading through your posts, I also notice that you agree with and support Llama an awful lot. Because I know her style pretty well, I'm trusting SVS on what she says about Llama being bad. Which makes me suspect you all the more.

And you have what seems like a lot of focus on baddies and BTSC--not in a "I find these people suspicious" way that would make sense, but in a speculation kind of way, that makes it look like you're trying to appear like you don't know information that you actually do know.

That said, the Mongoose red herring stuff is also really weird, so I'm suspecting her, as well.

Return to “Previous Jobs”