Game Over! Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Moderator: Community Team

How did Das Porcu do co-hosting his first game?

Stupendous!
80%
Horrific!
No votes
Who is Das Porcu?
No votes
Fucking fabulous!!/Hosts
20%

Total votes: 15
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Re: Day 6 Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Post by bea »

I see that JC - I was catching up quick on my phone today and thought you had voted. - it's all good. Like I said, I knew you were leaving so I get why you did what you did.

I don't know if I agree with you re: chatroom slip-up but I do agree that I need more explaining from goosey as to her train of thought today. I look forward to hearing what she has to say.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 243
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

LoRab wrote:Also, reading through your posts, I also notice that you agree with and support Llama an awful lot. Because I know her style pretty well, I'm trusting SVS on what she says about Llama being bad. Which makes me suspect you all the more.

And you have what seems like a lot of focus on baddies and BTSC--not in a "I find these people suspicious" way that would make sense, but in a speculation kind of way, that makes it look like you're trying to appear like you don't know information that you actually do know.

That said, the Mongoose red herring stuff is also really weird, so I'm suspecting her, as well.
Are you talking about me? I have not indicated an opinion on llama since SVS said he was bad and then turned up as God. I am redoing my list and should have that up Sunday night or maybe Sunday morning (I have a football game to go to Sunday during the day). I don't know what you are talking about in terms of a focus on BTS. I don't recall mentioning bts before this issue with Mongoose but it is certainly possible. Can you pull the quote that is bothering you in this respect? I don't have any info about anyone in bts and my theory is that Mongoose has bts and did not mean to post what she posted here. I think my theory is a strong theory and most likely true which is why I was willing to vote on it.

I was lucky I was still on to see your post. I am leaving the thread now and won't be on again until after the lynch.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

About MM, not you. Sorry about that!!
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 233
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

juliets wrote:I have to vote tonight and i am the most worried about Mongoose. I believe her comment about Canuck being a red herring was meant for baddie bts and she posted it here by mistake. That is further supported by her replies to long con...
interesting theory. I haven't heard anything that makes any sense at all regarding Mongoose's weirdness other than Splints' explanation, and, well, it's a short list of players today. I can't see anyone else in that list that I'll find more suspicious than Mongoose. And if someone else has a sudden major slip-up, hey, votes are changeable!
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 91

Post by fingersplints »

Has anyone been keeping track of all these forced votes/posting restrictions? Boogs has only posted a couple smilies today and I'm just interested how that falls in line with the past ones claimed. (Sorry Boogs, not sure I trust your being cursed after you cursed yourself then lied about it in the Hobbit :) )

I can try and go back and look but if anyone has anything documented already it would be a big help :hug:
Gro-oo-ovy
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 340

Post by thellama73 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote: I do want llama's view on this. He seems to have deliberately avoided talking about it, or about me in general for that matter. Llama usually calls me out on something before now in games.
What would you like me to ay about you? What would you like me to call you out on?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I'll likely be voting Mongoose too. Even if I am right about the posting restriction possibly being up to the owner of the role to assign that doesn't explain the weird comments of today. Plus, we don't know if the curser is a civvie or baddie role, so her being targeted doesn't really change my feeling on her behavior.
Plus it seems like she made a mistake and has just given up at this point. (Sorry of this is wrong and it is just that she is busy or something)
Gro-oo-ovy
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I find it odd that MM chose me to solicit an opinion (ostensibly a defense) from. As someone who has a good chance of being lynched tomorrow (and would flip most resolutely civ), I expect MM thinks a vote of confidence from me would secure his survival.

I'll be honest, I have not been particularly suspicious of MM this game until this question, which rings all sorts of alarm bells for me.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Actually f it, I'll just vote now and change it if something drastic happens. I might be busy tomorrow and I don't want to risk missing another vote.

vote = Mongoose
Gro-oo-ovy
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I would also like to add that I firmly do not think Mongoose is bad. I happen to know that she is going through a lot of RL stuff at the moment, as well as hosting her own game, and I find her relative lack of participation completely normal. I think I know her style pretty well, and to me she reads like someone too busy to really keep up rather than someone who has a team to help her craft better arguments than the ones she has been making.

LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

I am not opposed, at this point, of a mongoose lynch because I can't see her red herring comment and subsequent comments about it making sense. That said, I'm overall more suspicious of MM, so I'm putting my vote there. I'm not sure how much I'll be able to get on tomorrow and at what point I'll be able to be on. So, I'd rather be safe and not miss a vote and vote now.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 264

Post by Bullzeye »

Boogs wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:Actually, the points I've made so far have convinced me to *Vote MM*
:eye: :mad:
I look forward to you being more coherent and less blendy, Boogs. Then you can explain why me voting someone I've been suspicious of for a long time earns me your eye and makes you mad.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 153
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

The stuff I've said makes sense to me in a microcosm way. Like if you have 10 mins to scroll through posts and do the best they can, they make sense. For you who have been around more and can think of the more recent posts in better context, they might not make as much sense.

I 100% stand by every comment I've made in this game though (at least at the time, obviously not if we've gotten new information). And yeah, I did feel like Canucklehead was being set up.

Things I Am Not

Firefighter
Mafia
Eater of Cinnamon Rolls
President of Argentina
Un-Civ
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I will try again, Mongoose. Any particular starting point you can give me?
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 153
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Long Con wrote:I will try again, Mongoose. Any particular starting point you can give me?
Can you clarify what you mean by starting point? Do you mean in RE: Canuck?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 247
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

LoRab wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:I see MM had nothing to say in response to my re-explanation of why I find him suspicious. I also have a problem with his vote for LoRab, which he said was 'until she explains why she finds him suspicious'. She offered an explanation and his vote stuck, which makes me feel like it was basically just a NO U.
Now that's not fair. I haven't been on since then. :mad:

And as I said before, I wanted an answer from LoRab. I had asked before, and she didn't answer, so I knew a vote might get her attention more.
No, you didn't. I just read through all of your posts since I replaced in and do not see a post where you asked me. If I'm missing it, please link to where you asked me before.

Unless maybe you asked your teammates in BTSC why they thought I might suspect you?
My apologies, I did not remember correctly what I posted. This was all I had said.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

LoRab wrote:Also, reading through your posts, I also notice that you agree with and support Llama an awful lot. Because I know her style pretty well, I'm trusting SVS on what she says about Llama being bad. Which makes me suspect you all the more.

And you have what seems like a lot of focus on baddies and BTSC--not in a "I find these people suspicious" way that would make sense, but in a speculation kind of way, that makes it look like you're trying to appear like you don't know information that you actually do know.

That said, the Mongoose red herring stuff is also really weird, so I'm suspecting her, as well.
Except for the vote on LC yesterday, it was mostly circumstantial. You will also notice that I have disagreed with him far more than I have actually agreed with him. Given the choice, I would be voting him today.

Don't expect that my vote will stay on you. I will change it, I just don't know who I'm changing it to yet. Maybe that's what you're so worried about right now? :confused:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote: I do want llama's view on this. He seems to have deliberately avoided talking about it, or about me in general for that matter. Llama usually calls me out on something before now in games.
What would you like me to ay about you? What would you like me to call you out on?
Acknowledge me or I'll feel sad. :(

But really, do you recall the allusion I made about a scummy player possibly being French? That's what I was referring to specifically.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:I find it odd that MM chose me to solicit an opinion (ostensibly a defense) from. As someone who has a good chance of being lynched tomorrow (and would flip most resolutely civ), I expect MM thinks a vote of confidence from me would secure his survival.

I'll be honest, I have not been particularly suspicious of MM this game until this question, which rings all sorts of alarm bells for me.
Sorry for the multiple posts.

I want your opinion because I haven't really gotten anything from you directly game, but maybe that was because of your read on me. I'm also trying to gauge your responses as well because I have grown very suspicious of you ever since Made was lynched.

I'm also not afraid of being lynched, so I'm trying to get as much reaction and interaction as I can if it were to happen.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

MM, I think Lorab being concerned about you voting for her would happen if she were Civvie of baddie. You know?
Mongoose wrote:The stuff I've said makes sense to me in a microcosm way. Like if you have 10 mins to scroll through posts and do the best they can, they make sense. For you who have been around more and can think of the more recent posts in better context, they might not make as much sense
This is what I meant , Mongoose. If I have ten minutes, scroll through which posts? I've been "around more", what context do you mean?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Long Con wrote:MM, I think Lorab being concerned about you voting for her would happen if she were Civvie of baddie. You know?
I don't understand what you're saying here.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Long Con wrote:MM, I think Lorab being concerned about you voting for her would happen if she were Civvie of baddie. You know?
I don't understand what you're saying here.
Maybe I read too much into your "maybe that's what you're worried about" post. I thought you were saying that worried means baddie , but on reread you may not have been implying that.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I find it odd that MM chose me to solicit an opinion (ostensibly a defense) from. As someone who has a good chance of being lynched tomorrow (and would flip most resolutely civ), I expect MM thinks a vote of confidence from me would secure his survival.

Sorry for the multiple posts.

I want your opinion because I haven't really gotten anything from you directly game, but maybe that was because of your read on me. I'm also trying to gauge your responses as well because I have grown very suspicious of you ever since Made was lynched.

I'm also not afraid of being lynched, so I'm trying to get as much reaction and interaction as I can if it were to happen.
Why are you not afraid of being lynched? That's an odd thing to say, and every time someone says it, it makes me think they are bluffing. Although maybe you think being lynched will only result in a flesh wound.

I think it is natural to assume the French are baddies, if that is what you are asking, since they are the closest thing to a villain the movie has. Like I said, I had no real read on you until now, but your more recent posts are making me nervous. Right now I am looking for players who have not really stood out to me, since I think that is where the baddies are most likely to be hiding, while us big blustery blowhards kill each other.

nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 45
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

I'm checking in. Sorry for inactivity. Hell week at work, and we're busy here getting ready to throw a grad party for my brother, AND I'm leaving for the ballet in literally a minute.

I will post more substantially later. I have suspicions and I will state them later.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:I see MM had nothing to say in response to my re-explanation of why I find him suspicious. I also have a problem with his vote for LoRab, which he said was 'until she explains why she finds him suspicious'. She offered an explanation and his vote stuck, which makes me feel like it was basically just a NO U.

And as I said before, I wanted an answer from LoRab. I had asked before, and she didn't answer, so I knew a vote might get her attention more.
No, you didn't. I just read through all of your posts since I replaced in and do not see a post where you asked me. If I'm missing it, please link to where you asked me before.

Unless maybe you asked your teammates in BTSC why they thought I might suspect you?
My apologies, I did not remember correctly what I posted. This was all I had said.
If you meant that as a question or clarification, it really did not read that way. I'm still not sure why you say at the beginning of the lynch that I had never stated why I suspected you. :shrug:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Except for the vote on LC yesterday, it was mostly circumstantial. You will also notice that I have disagreed with him far more than I have actually agreed with him. Given the choice, I would be voting him today.

Don't expect that my vote will stay on you. I will change it, I just don't know who I'm changing it to yet. Maybe that's what you're so worried about right now? :confused:
Disagreed, but at the same time almost subtly supported--or at the very least kept the conversation of his ideas going. The back and forth now could very well between you and llama could be staged/distancing.

And I'm not so worried about having one vote. I'm worried about you being a baddie.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Right, I have to go out so I am voting now. MetalMarsh's latest posts appealing to me for opinions and claiming he isn't scared of being lynched make me feel nervous about him, and I think Mongoose is unlikely to be bad, so I will vote for MM.

nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 45
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Okay, back. Whew. Whirlwind today in the world of Real Life, and catching a brief moment before more guests arrive. SO.

Firstly, a belated RIP God (sorry about that, Lord/SVS - I really did think you were bad!) and RIP BWT.

Secondly, I've been seeing posts about Mongoose giving people baddie vibes throughout the game, but I don't see it. Her gameplay seems fairly normal to me, but perhaps I haven't played with her enough to know? I don't see her "red herring" comment to be out of the blue or a BTSC slip-up, as people are saying, although I would like to know more about what she's trying to say (but perhaps she just...can't? Possibility). I don't intend to put my vote there.

Out of the people on the list today, I think LC and MM are most likely to be bad that I can see. LC pinged me with the sudden outburst at llama for his BTSC/Chatzy comment and using that particular instance as his apparent time to go after him. He claims he's been after him under the radar since the beginning, but I didn't see it (probably because it was "under the radar," but if you feel it, say it). As for MM, I re-read him (and lordy, was it a re-read...so many posts :P ) and while in the beginning I wasn't seeing much wrong, especially with what people were using against him (the French comment, the Epi comments, etc., which I found relatively normal), his final adamant Made vote disturbed me because he had a pretty good reason to believe he was Lancelot, and said so, but still voted for him. LC did the same thing. Yeah, y'all weren't 100% sure, but you had good reason to believe he had a definite Civ role over others on the poll.

And now, MM claims he's not worried about being lynched. That's weird. That's really weird. Is it protection? Or assuming that people won't bother to vote for you? I'm going with MM.

And the amazing disappearing Blooper performs her tricks again, playing the good Party Host until later tonight. POOF!

Also, time for more beer. Oh so much more beer.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

At work super busy voting mm.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Epignosis »

nijuukyugou wrote:Also, time for more beer. Oh so much more beer.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Voting MM as well, but making dinner now.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Is Blooper another name for you, nijuukyugou?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

LoRab wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

If you meant that as a question or clarification, it really did not read that way. I'm still not sure why you say at the beginning of the lynch that I had never stated why I suspected you. :shrug:
Probably because you never did, at least not before I asked today. :ohyeah:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:Right, I have to go out so I am voting now. MetalMarsh's latest posts appealing to me for opinions and claiming he isn't scared of being lynched make me feel nervous about him, and I think Mongoose is unlikely to be bad, so I will vote for MM.
And what about those two votes for me right there at the end of the day. Do those make you feel nervous?

Btw, I'm voting Mongoose for obvious reasons. Sorry Mongoose.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

nijuukyugou wrote:Okay, back. Whew. Whirlwind today in the world of Real Life, and catching a brief moment before more guests arrive. SO.

Firstly, a belated RIP God (sorry about that, Lord/SVS - I really did think you were bad!) and RIP BWT.

Secondly, I've been seeing posts about Mongoose giving people baddie vibes throughout the game, but I don't see it. Her gameplay seems fairly normal to me, but perhaps I haven't played with her enough to know? I don't see her "red herring" comment to be out of the blue or a BTSC slip-up, as people are saying, although I would like to know more about what she's trying to say (but perhaps she just...can't? Possibility). I don't intend to put my vote there.

Out of the people on the list today, I think LC and MM are most likely to be bad that I can see. LC pinged me with the sudden outburst at llama for his BTSC/Chatzy comment and using that particular instance as his apparent time to go after him. He claims he's been after him under the radar since the beginning, but I didn't see it (probably because it was "under the radar," but if you feel it, say it). As for MM, I re-read him (and lordy, was it a re-read...so many posts :P ) and while in the beginning I wasn't seeing much wrong, especially with what people were using against him (the French comment, the Epi comments, etc., which I found relatively normal), his final adamant Made vote disturbed me because he had a pretty good reason to believe he was Lancelot, and said so, but still voted for him. LC did the same thing. Yeah, y'all weren't 100% sure, but you had good reason to believe he had a definite Civ role over others on the poll.

And now, MM claims he's not worried about being lynched. That's weird. That's really weird. Is it protection? Or assuming that people won't bother to vote for you? I'm going with MM.

And the amazing disappearing Blooper performs her tricks again, playing the good Party Host until later tonight. POOF!

Also, time for more beer. Oh so much more beer.
If I had time to try and save Made, I would have. Unfortunately, Made had more than 10 votes at the time, I had no free time to dedicate, and the day was almost over. Just too many forces going against me on that one.

Of course I'm worried I'll be lynched, but I'm not afraid of it happening, if you get my drift.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Probably because you never did, at least not before I asked today. :ohyeah:
Except that I did. My initial post that says that not only your initial French comment but also (and especially) your comments following up set off my suspiciometer. Also, our back and forth about the epi stuff. Here are all the posts quoted for context.

The fact that you continue to lie about this (even after you admitted that you had never asked me for more information) does not ease my suspicion of you at all.
LoRab wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Bullzeye wrote: I know they're in the film and aren't friendly. I just think it's odd you seem to assume they're the/a baddie team (and mention them specifically) when the only known baddie role has no affiliation with them.
There are 25 players in this game; the parity has to exist somewhere.

And no I'm not assuming that anyone who has BTSC is bad, I'm putting the idea up for discussion.
It just felt strange to me that of all the possibilities you came up with one specific one for a group of people. Nobody else seems to have picked up on it so maybe I'm just crazy but it's something I felt funny about so I brought it up.
It's not just you. It pinged me, as well. Especially with her (his?) answers since you brought it up.
LoRab wrote:Oy. I was set to catch up and vote this afternoon, and started to do the first of those, and then someone came into my office, and then by the time I was looking at a computer again it was too late. RIP MR. As I said earlier, I didn't see reason for suspicion of him. Having now read through the last day of the thread--nice bandwagon. I need to look back and see some of its starts and where the seeds were planted. I would have voted Made, or maybe MM. My feelings of neither of them has changed.
Made wrote:
Long Con wrote:Even if it were as you described, I don't see me basing my team's voting plan on Llama's Opinion. I hear you're a smart guy, Llama, but I don't know that I would place that much faith in your opinion.
Don't play this game unless you REALLY know what your doing or REALLY don't.

It's gotta be either genuine stupidity or calculated stupidity to work. Trust me I'm stupid.
Neither, I don't think. I don't think he's appearing stupid, first of all. And he certainly isn't stupid. I think he's just being him. He knows what he's doing--he's smart as fuck and is one of the very few players who have been at this longer than I have who are still playing. I don't see why you think he's trying to appear stupid, though. I guess I don't get what you're saying.
Made wrote:
S~V~S wrote:LC is far from stupid, Made.

Dana, any opinion on Bullz? Bea? Anyone?
Didn't mean to imply they were.
I'm just saying it's hard to argue for those accusing you with out either being blissfully ignorant or have the situation awareness to you how far you can go to avoid suspicion, then the lack of common sense to go above and beyond that.
Made wrote:Yo, SVS, is there a term for voting in hopes of getting others to vote someone? Because I've noticed that happens a lot.

Woah-linki kinda related? Basically mafia vote getting tactics.

Double related linki
It's called starting a bandwagon.
Keterman wrote:Remember fellow townies, it's not too late to change your vote, nor is it too late to place your vote on a scum-aligned player.
And, why should we believe you? And oh, wait, you were wrong. Also, if you could explain your reasons for your opinions, it would be helpful for me.
Metalmarsh89 wrote: As for Epi, here you will find his death. He was the rabbit who killed several of Arthur's knights in the film. While we don't yet know how bad he is, we at least know he's an indy, and I'd be willing to bet that we need him dead to win. We'll find out soon I think, either way.
What do you mean by this?

What will we find out soon enough and how? And how do you know this?
LoRab wrote:Right, but that doesn't answer my question. I'm familiar with the source material, I get the gist of your feelings about him. What I don't understand is when you say, "While we don't yet know how bad he is, we at least know he's an indy, and I'd be willing to bet that we need him dead to win. We'll find out soon I think, either way."

How will we soon find out that we need him dead to win and/or how bad he is (was)?

linkitis: @God: Awwwww. Thanks. You're a kind and compassionate God, clearly.

And I agree the Rabbit was bad news.
LoRab wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
LoRab wrote:Right, but that doesn't answer my question. I'm familiar with the source material, I get the gist of your feelings about him. What I don't understand is when you say, "While we don't yet know how bad he is, we at least know he's an indy, and I'd be willing to bet that we need him dead to win. We'll find out soon I think, either way."

How will we soon find out that we need him dead to win and/or how bad he is (was)?

linkitis: @God: Awwwww. Thanks. You're a kind and compassionate God, clearly.

And I agree the Rabbit was bad news.
Indies are wild cards, their win conditions sometimes align with civvies and sometimes don't. That's what I'm getting at. I thought we might find out, and fortunately God has told us.
Uh....God has shared God's opinion. God does not necessarily have any more knowledge than the rest of us.

And I do understand how indy roles work. I still don't see how you think/thought we'd soon know how bad the rabbit is and/or if we needed him dead or not.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Change of plans, I'm voting juliets. No need for extra speculation.

Bea's and Hedgeowl's votes at the very end deserve looking into, especially Bea.

And I believe y'all should look extra hard at llama tomorrow.

Linki: hold on

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

LoRab.

Okay you did make one post about a ping, but since the context wasn't there, I did not notice it as I reread.

The rest of your posts are questions/disagreements/interactions. Those are different. Those are not suspicions.

And about my vote for you, it's a strategy I've used and seen before, though not so much on this site. Placing a vote on someone is an easy way to get there attention when you want it, and that was all I wanted at the time.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:LoRab.

Okay you did make one post about a ping, but since the context wasn't there, I did not notice it as I reread.

The rest of your posts are questions/disagreements/interactions. Those are different. Those are not suspicions.

And about my vote for you, it's a strategy I've used and seen before, though not so much on this site. Placing a vote on someone is an easy way to get there attention when you want it, and that was all I wanted at the time.
Challenging people and pointing things out that I notice are off is a way I show I suspect them. I don't really see them as different. But I guess we have different mafia backgrounds.

And I was never concerned about your vote for me, really. Other than wondering if it might have been forced. And I always pay attention, especially when my name is mentioned--that's all you'd have had to do. What concerns me is that you lied about my never having explained what I found suspicious about you.
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 85

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

MetalMarsh's metabolic processes are now history! He was Brother Maynard. A Civvie.

Night 6 has begun.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 113
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Re: Python Polls

Post by Roxy »

Day 6

Which of the non-winners shall perish?
Poll runs till Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:38:55 pm
You may select 1 option

fingersplints
No votes
Hedgeowl
No votes
juliets
Keterman (6), Metalmarsh89 (23) 9%
Long Con
No votes
LoRab
No votes
Metalmarsh89
Bullzeye (8), LoRab (13), thellama73 (16), nijuukyugou (17), bea (18), Hedgeowl (20), Mongoose (22) 30%
Mongoose
Canucklehead (7), juliets (10), Long Con (11), fingersplints (12), Boogs (19) 22%
Roxy (hosts, deads, nons, etc.)
DisgruntledPorcupine (1), Roxy (2), birdwithteeth11 (3), MovingPictures07 (4), Enrique (5), S~V~S (9), Mister Rearranger (14), Made (15), Epignosis (21) 39%
Total votes : 23
;)
LoRab
Loan Shark

Re: Night 6 Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Post by LoRab »

Dammit. I hate being wrong.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

LoRab wrote:Dammit. I hate being wrong.
Me too. I don't understand why he changed his vote to JC at the last minute though. At first I thought he had a lynch switch or something but since he clearly didn't I'm not sure what his aim was there other than to make himself less saveable.
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Boogs »

Bullzeye wrote:
Me too. I don't understand why he changed his vote to JC at the last minute though. At first I thought he had a lynch switch or something but since he clearly didn't I'm not sure what his aim was there other than to make himself less saveable.
:mad: ^ :feb: :eye:
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 33
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Quokka »

Boogs wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
I have no idea what this is supposed to mean :confused:

Only being able to post at night means I have to catch up. See you soon, living :)
To be recycled
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Boogs wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Since you clearly keep trying to indicate you think I'm bad I can't wait to hear why. Usually curses end when night begins but anyway, all I remember from you regarding me is a hypocritical and plain wrong accusation of me being blendy. So I'd like to hear more.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I also dislike it when you're wrong. ;)

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Boogs »

/
/
:eye: \_/ = :feb:
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 243
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Well RIP Metalmarsh, I'm sorry you won't be playing anymore.

Your vote for me though really has me scratching my head. I would have though you would be trying to save yourself.

Boogs, I don't understand that last emoticon post about Bullz. If you are trying to persuade us he is bad you're going to have to use words I'm afraid.

Keterman you have been utterly silent. I don't know if that means you were silenced but could vote, which is different than the silencings we've seen. Anyway, what matters to me is that you explain your vote whether you were prevented from doing it before or you just chose not to.

Mongoose i noticed you did respond to the votes for you but you still didn't explain what you meant by Canuck being a red herring. Could you please explain so I can rethink how i'm thinking about you if the explanation makes sense. (I didn't see an explanation, hopefully I didn't miss it).

As I said earlier, I am rethinking who I think is bad and who I think is good. I probably won't be on in the morning before we go to the game but I'll revise my list by tomorrow night. Is there anyone else out there with changed suspicions? I don't really want to be the only one posting a list.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 33
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Quokka »

Boogs wrote:/
/
:eye: \_/ = :feb:
What the holy fuck???
To be recycled
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 35

Post by a2thezebra »

I have a gut scum read on juliets and since no one else is looking bad at the moment, my vote's going to her. It could change later in the day though, LoRab isn't looking great either. Mongoose is town methinks, and I don't understand the wagon on her.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny

Return to “Previous Jobs”