Game Over! Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Moderator: Community Team

How did Das Porcu do co-hosting his first game?

Stupendous!
80%
Horrific!
No votes
Who is Das Porcu?
No votes
Fucking fabulous!!/Hosts
20%

Total votes: 15
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 243
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Night 6 Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Post by juliets »

Keterman wrote:I have a gut scum read on juliets and since no one else is looking bad at the moment, my vote's going to her. It could change later in the day though, LoRab isn't looking great either. Mongoose is town methinks, and I don't understand the wagon on her.
You don't know me very well and you will find out that your gut where I am concerned is wrong.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Oh, and Keterman, I forgot to ask - why did Mongoose say Canuck was a red herring?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

well crap. :( RIP MM - sorry I was wrong. :(
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 35

Post by a2thezebra »

juliets wrote:
Keterman wrote:I have a gut scum read on juliets and since no one else is looking bad at the moment, my vote's going to her. It could change later in the day though, LoRab isn't looking great either. Mongoose is town methinks, and I don't understand the wagon on her.
You don't know me very well and you will find out that your gut where I am concerned is wrong.
Stronger read now, if you were town you would've questioned why that post seemed like a day post when it is night. Instead you are just concerned with my read.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Keterman wrote:
juliets wrote:
Stronger read now, if you were town you would've questioned why that post seemed like a day post when it is night. Instead you are just concerned with my read.
I don't know what you are talking about. What post would I have questioned as seeming like a day post?? I have never questioned a post saying it seemed like a day or a night post so this really doesnt make much sense. Also, you should be careful about saying "if you were town you would do so-and-so" or "if you are bad you would do such-and-such". Each individual plays the game differently.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 91

Post by fingersplints »

RIP MM. I felt like some of the votes there were a bit suspicious, and seemed like it was out of nowhere to save Mongoose. Lorab was talking about him for a while, so I think hers could be genuinely misguided.
Gro-oo-ovy
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 35

Post by a2thezebra »

hehehehehehehehehheheheheheh
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

juliets I think he means that post of his about voting for you was posted clearly after the lynch was over and MM was lynched.
I just assumed he had meant to post it earlier but forgot to submit but from these comments I guess not.
Not sure why a civvie or baddie would do that tbh :/
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

(sorry if you are not a he, Keterman)
Gro-oo-ovy
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 75

Post by Mister Rearranger »

Keterman appears to be quite a few "he"s :haha:
Keterman wrote:hehehehehehehehehheheheheheh
We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.

LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

I'm going with you were silenced? Since this sounds like your vote post.

Why don't you think I look great? I looked totally cute today and will again tomorrow. :lorab: But seriously, eye me all you want. I have nothing to hide.

(and since you're new to me, I'll caveat that that's how I always respond to suspicion--especially general suspicion. It's just a me thing--it's where my smiley comes from).
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 264

Post by Bullzeye »

fingersplints wrote:RIP MM. I felt like some of the votes there were a bit suspicious, and seemed like it was out of nowhere to save Mongoose. Lorab was talking about him for a while, so I think hers could be genuinely misguided.
I was actually surprised so many people jumped onto that vote. I'd had a gut feeling about MM for most of the game but it seemed like nobody other than LoRab really agreed with me until today. There was definitely something fishy going on there.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 340

Post by thellama73 »

I don't understand why MM said he wasn't afraid of being lynched. That was such a suspicious thing to say. Maybe when his role goes up on the front page we will get some insight. I thought he was going to flip The Black Knight, who I assumed would be bad, on the basis of his comment.

Anyway, I'm sorry MM.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 113
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

GOD wrote:What the holy fuck???
;)
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I'm not going to do the Dennis thing and list all the players including who i think is good, but here is who I'm taking a second and third look look at because I'm leaning bad:

Mongoose - well, my case on her is so recent I don't really have to take a second look. Plus, it looks like there was a save going on for her in the last lynch.
llama - SVS seemed sure he is bad and he seemed to pooh pooh the thought of Mongoose being bad. Also looks like part of a mongoose save.
blooper and bea - I will re-read but it looks like they are part of the Mongoose save. They could just be misguided civs but their votes pinged me.
(hedgie and lorab also voted for MM but I see them more as a misguided civs)

There are others that have given me a ping but have not reached the bottom of the list.

So there are 4 people who are pinging me right now with mongoose and llama the more serious pings. I'd like to know who is pinging others so we can discuss the people at the bottom of our lists.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

mine is the same juliets. My only concern about llama is that Mongoose, I believe, is friends with llama and am worried she took advantage of that and the suspicion on him to buddy up to him in thread. (I don't mean that at all malicious since "take advantage" can sound that way. I'll be the first to admit as a baddie I always find a civvie ally in the thread to try and stick with) Signs are pointing to teammates, but that is just my one concern atm.
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

EBWOP: I'd add Boogs to list.
Gro-oo-ovy
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

fingersplints wrote:EBWOP: I'd add Boogs to list.
I still have him in the bottom of my middle group if that makes sense.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

juliets wrote:
I get you. I just feel like he is falling under the radar with a convenient posting restriction.
Gro-oo-ovy
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 264

Post by Bullzeye »

fingersplints wrote:
juliets wrote:
I get you. I just feel like he is falling under the radar with a convenient posting restriction.
To be honest, it seems weird to me that someone who has less than 40 posts at this stage in the game would be cursed at all. Wouldn't you use powers like that on more involved players? It's like silencing a low-poster.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I agree bullz. Doesn't make sense to me. Like I said it's too convenient. The only reason I can think is that it is his role or a teammates role. He couldn't have anticipated half the players being off the poll. Maybe someone assumed he would be getting some attention that day period
Gro-oo-ovy
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 45
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Damn, sorry MM :( And now I see what you meant by worried, yet not worried. Doh.

Boogs' posts are confusing me, and it's odd that he's still posting like that both in the Day and Night periods. I wonder what the deal is? I see others are having similar thoughts. I will read and evaluate and offer thoughts later (about that and other things), but it may not be tonight, as I just got back into town and still have to go to the store, do laundry, grade papers, and generally be an adult and have responsibilities tonight :sigh: I will do my best.

Voting "coconuts migrate," because well, they do.
LoRab wrote:Is Blooper another name for you, nijuukyugou?
I am also known by Blooper, among many names of delicious candies and confections! (Although, as I said at some other point, I don't think Bloopy candy would be very delicious.) You are welcome to shorten and mix up my name in the thread because I know the name is a ridiculous alphabet soup (but it does have meaning! I promise!).
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman

Re: Python Polls

Post by Roxy »

Can a 5 ounce bird carry a 1 pound coconut?
Poll runs till Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:44:49 pm
You may select 1 option

By the Husk
fingersplints (11) 7%
Coconuts Migrate
Boogs (6), thellama73 (14) 13%
An African Swallow
LoRab (7), juliets (10) 13%
Two Swallows Together
Bullzeye (8), Long Con (12), bea (15) 20%
Oh, yeah, an African swallow maybe, but not a European swallow, that's my point/Hosts/GOD/Mod/and the rest
S~V~S (1), Roxy (2), Made (3), Metalmarsh89 (4), GOD (5), DisgruntledPorcupine (9), Mister Rearranger (13) 47%
Total votes : 15
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Keterman has been Nk'ed he was The Dead Collector - a Civvie.
It is now day 7.
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Herbert wrote:
;)
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 233
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Day 7 Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Post by Long Con »

I searched back a bunch of pages (ten on 100 posts/page) and found no result for "more than a fe"... thought I might find a clue from Herbert, but nothing came up. RIP Keterman!
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Should i know who Herbert is?

And RIP Keterman, nice to play with you.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

juliets wrote:Should i know who Herbert is?

And RIP Keterman, nice to play with you.
He's the prince that just wants... to SING!
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Boogs »

Rip Keterman and MM :( Okay, guys pleae vote. Bullzeye out! I don't know who his teammates are but he's scum. My kitty senses were going haywire and he was off the poll the last lynch! If you don't want to lynch him, then please figure out who his teammates are and get them.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Boogs wrote:Rip Keterman and MM :( Okay, guys pleae vote. Bullzeye out! I don't know who his teammates are but he's scum. My kitty senses were going haywire and he was off the poll the last lynch! If you don't want to lynch him, then please figure out who his teammates are and get them.
Boogs can you provide a case against Bullz?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

If you ask how I know, my whiskers tingled when he touched me and it didn't feel Civ or Knightlike and I think he's a murderer.

Linki JC I can't unfortunately. Just know, that I know.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

As I looked through my kitty magic mirror, the image of Bullzeye did appear to be foggy and much darkness surrounded him. The knights of round table thus warned me to not let him go on, but alas the crowd of confused Civs did not believe the kitty and pursue the lead. He has escaped as a minion of Mordred far too long as now is the time to vote the Bullz of the eyes out and banish him back to the darkness which he came! Mrow!
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

:rip: Keterman
:shrug: Do you? :ponder:

Boogs, you are going to have to give us more to go off of then that. I don't necessarily trust bullz, but I feel better about him than you atm.I'm trying to work with you but coming in here and saying someone is bad and refusing to back it up with anything doesn't make you look great either.
Gro-oo-ovy
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

fingersplints wrote::rip: Keterman

Boogs, you are going to have to give us more to go off of then that. I don't necessarily trust bullz, but I feel better about him than you atm.I'm trying to work with you but coming in here and saying someone is bad and refusing to back it up with anything doesn't make you look great either.
I can't give more. Unfortunately.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

fingersplints wrote:
Well, LC is saying he's the Knight who sings so I guess he is someone in the movie.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

So Boogs, you want us to not lynch Llama today?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Long Con wrote:So Boogs, you want us to not lynch Llama today?
I would like that very much, thank you.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

I was wanting tomlynch llama myself. Trusting int the lorab at least in a limited way. Did llama ever respond to got/svs?
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

My vision in the mirror shows me a vision that Bullzeye is not of the ways of the Civ. However, if Llama is his teammate and we agree then I can support a Llama vote as well. I just know the cloudy shadows hover over the Bullz one.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Boogs is talking funny. Boogs is being forced to say these things. I can't wait to kill the curse-maker, or whatever it is.

Sorry, Boogs, but if you want to convince me of Bullzeye's guilt, make a case on him on Day 8 please. For now, my vote goes to Llama. Voting now... I normally don't vote so early, but the ability to change votes makes it more comfortable.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

How many curse makers are there? Because he was cursed yesterday I thought
Gro-oo-ovy
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Boogs wrote:
My vision in the mirror shows me a vision that Bullzeye is not of the ways of the Civ. However, if Llama is his teammate and we agree then I can support a Llama vote as well. I just know the cloudy shadows hover over the Bullz one.
As the Spartans said to the Persians: "if."

I am certainly not in cahoots with Bullzeye, and will happily vote for him alongside you, as I suspect your crystal ball is quite precise.

fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I am pretty sure that llama and bullz aren't teammates.
Gro-oo-ovy
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

If Boogs is not cursed wouldn't he be punished for info dropping? I thought that was strictly forbidden by the rules. In Recruitment III when Chris was trying to convince us Tranq was bad by saying basically "Tranq is bad" (the same as Boogs is doing) everyone kept wondering why he didn't get punished because info dropping was against the rules. The reason he didn't was he was forced to make a case against Tranq. And I agree with LC, Boogs is talking funny, that has to mean something I think.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

could there be more than one cursing role in the game? Cuz that's the only way I can figure that boogsy would be forced to post in smileys last cycle and then forced to make a case on llama today.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

ebwop - make a case on bullz. :sigh: I'm the fail at typing today.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Juliets - yes I would think he is forced or would be punished. It's all a bit weird though. As bullz pointed out, why would someone curse a player who is barely posting? Let alone twice in a row? That is assuming there are two cursers (I'm operating under the assumption double targeting isn't allowed here.) I haven't been cursed at all, nor have a bunch of the alive players, so it really seems weird one of the quieter ones would continuously be targeted. It doesn't add up.

I'm beginning to feel like this is like the SVS vs Made lynch but worse for me. LC and llama have both been compelling, but I feel like I trust LC more. All of this reminds me of a civvie LC. (Actually it reminds me specifically of a game, I can't remember which, where a baddie splints thought it would be fun to try and instigate a quieter LC, and instantly regretted it haha)
Unfortunately for llama, my opinion on several other players depends on me finding out his affiliation.
Gro-oo-ovy
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 139

Post by Canucklehead »

I'm beginning to think the Boogs crazy is an attempt to draw attention away from llama, who barely avoided getting lynched vs. SVS, and who got a get-out-of-lynch-free card yesterday. Boogs may very well have info on Bullz (though I doubt it), but I think Boogs and llama are far more likely to be teamies than Bullz and llama....
I think I need to look at vote records to decided if this actually makes any realistic sense, but this is the impression I'm getting at the moment....
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I agree with this assessment. ^
In fact I will vote llama now :)
Gro-oo-ovy
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 139

Post by Canucklehead »

Hmmm......boogs voted for llama relatively early (at least in terms of vote order) on the SVS lynch, while there was still a very good chance that llama could be lynched, so I'm not so convinced of my own thought anymore.

linki!

Return to “Previous Jobs”