Game Over! Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Moderator: Community Team

How did Das Porcu do co-hosting his first game?

Stupendous!
80%
Horrific!
No votes
Who is Das Porcu?
No votes
Fucking fabulous!!/Hosts
20%

Total votes: 15
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 264

Re: Night 7 Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Post by Bullzeye »

juliets wrote:
Boogs wrote:I'm not bad Bullzeye. I also know you're not Civ, so vote me if you want but I know what I know. Furthermore, it's up to everyone else to elaborate and decide if they want to believe me or not based on me just saying I Strongly believe you're bad and have for a while now. I don't know how to build a case on you without saying things, but I don't trust you. I think JC is being an excellent actress in this game and I keep reading her posts as fake with a hint of Baddie trying to pose as Civ. Either of you could be bad, maybe you're both on the same team! It's getting harder to win unless the Civs vote the right way, and I think it has to be one of the two of you tomorrow IMO. I'm still thinking there are 2 Baddie teams, and it's way too dangerous since we know Enrique was recruited so out of who's left, who knows how many are. The way you all keep piling on people is scaring me like the Llama train that ended up happening and MM.
Boogs if you think I am baddie then present a case. I'll be waiting to respond to it. I am not a baddie, an indy, a neutral - any of those other roles - I am a civ. If you can't present a case, just like you can't on bullz then I can't trust your judgement as I know I'm civ.

linki
He's not doing cases this game. He's just making ridiculous comments that imply he has info when he knows he doesn't.
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Boogs »

Bullzeye I didn't fake a curse, and you're taking it way too crazy. While I think you're bad, you don't need to compare me to things and curse at me. I'm not lying when I say I think you're bad and that I feel I know why. Whether people want to believe me or not is up to them.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

JC if I did have anything, I can't say. Which is why I'm not. I already got messaged by Roxy for making vague comments, so I'm not saying anything else about the matter besides you guys can decide if you want to believe Bullzeye is bad or not.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Boogs wrote:Bullzeye I didn't fake a curse, and you're taking it way too crazy. While I think you're bad, you don't need to compare me to things and curse at me. I'm not lying when I say I think you're bad and that I feel I know why. Whether people want to believe me or not is up to them.
If you didn't fake a curse what was the only posting in smileys thing about? Because nobody else on any other day in this game has been cursed like that. So I'd believe you're the supreme overlord of the galaxy and have blue skin and three heads before I believe you were cursed that day. You've faked info and basically cheated to try to get me out. Both of those things piss me off. When I'm mad I swear, especially at people who've made me mad. Deal with it. I actually reported you to the hosts for your fake infodumping because it frustrated me that much. Also very convenient for you that I was silenced and unable to defend myself when you started throwing it into the thread, isn't it?

Linki - Roxy messaged you partly because I complained to the hosts that you seemed to be making up fake infodumps about me while I couldn't even defend.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Bullzeye, if you were silenced truly, then who would you say would have silenced you if you are not bad and are Civ? I can't think of anyone who would have done that but it would make sense to silence you in hopes of people voting you out for the Baddies advantage.. I'm willing to listen to you and give you a chance, but like I said I think there are probably 2 Baddie teams and I really have a good reason to think you're part of one of them.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Bullzeye wrote:
Boogs wrote:Bullzeye I didn't fake a curse, and you're taking it way too crazy. While I think you're bad, you don't need to compare me to things and curse at me. I'm not lying when I say I think you're bad and that I feel I know why. Whether people want to believe me or not is up to them.
If you didn't fake a curse what was the only posting in smileys thing about? Because nobody else on any other day in this game has been cursed like that. So I'd believe you're the supreme overlord of the galaxy and have blue skin and three heads before I believe you were cursed that day. You've faked info and basically cheated to try to get me out. Both of those things piss me off. When I'm mad I swear, especially at people who've made me mad. Deal with it. I actually reported you to the hosts for your fake infodumping because it frustrated me that much. Also very convenient for you that I was silenced and unable to defend myself when you started throwing it into the thread, isn't it?

Linki - Roxy messaged you partly because I complained to the hosts that you seemed to be making up fake infodumps about me while I couldn't even defend.
I wasn't making fake things up! I have my reasonings, and maybe the reasonings are incorrect so I'm willing to listen but you yelling at me and saying I silenced you isn't helping me try to figure out what the heck is going on with things on my side. I didn't silence you, I don't have teammates and I'm not bad. I could be wrong about you with the things that have occurred, so please enlighten me and put our brains together so we can figure out what truly happened and who may have silenced you and why you're not bad.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 247
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:Told you. Have fun, everyone! Thanks for a great game, Roxy and DisPor!
Sorry llama. :(

Oh, and rezz please.
:feb:

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Boogs wrote:Bullzeye, if you were silenced truly, then who would you say would have silenced you if you are not bad and are Civ? I can't think of anyone who would have done that but it would make sense to silence you in hopes of people voting you out for the Baddies advantage.. I'm willing to listen to you and give you a chance, but like I said I think there are probably 2 Baddie teams and I really have a good reason to think you're part of one of them.
Is it not blatantly obvious who I'm saying silenced me? YOU. BOOGS. THE GUY WITH THE CAT AVATAR. THE GUY WHO IS MAKING UP INFO. B. O. O. G. S. Clear enough? To be fair, as soon as I got the message I assumed you'd done it. Your fake infodumps only confirmed it. You have no reason to think anything, let's just drop that pretense right now. Whether there are one, two, or seven billion baddie teams I'm not part of any of them. I was silenced. I can't shut myself up, I have to comment on things, it would be impossible for me to fake it. It would also be stupid. I considered breaking my curse to tell you to get over yourself several times and it took a lot of restraint to not do that. I guess I just respect the rules.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Bullzeye please tell me the top 3 suspects who could have silenced you or who you believe are bad. I want to piece together my side with yours to see if I was misguided and read you wrong, please. I don't like arguing with you but I think us accusing each other back and forth isn't helping either of us figure out who is bad if you are not bad and neither am I then.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 243
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Boogs wrote:JC if I did have anything, I can't say. Which is why I'm not. I already got messaged by Roxy for making vague comments, so I'm not saying anything else about the matter besides you guys can decide if you want to believe Bullzeye is bad or not.
Boogs, i am talking about you presenting a case on me, not bullz. You said I was a baddie. So I await your case.

linki
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Boogs wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:

I wasn't making fake things up! I have my reasonings, and maybe the reasonings are incorrect so I'm willing to listen but you yelling at me and saying I silenced you isn't helping me try to figure out what the heck is going on with things on my side. I didn't silence you, I don't have teammates and I'm not bad. I could be wrong about you with the things that have occurred, so please enlighten me and put our brains together so we can figure out what truly happened and who may have silenced you and why you're not bad.
Answer me in as much detail as humanly possible. Why were you only posting in smilies on day six? The posts you have made since day 7 began are the posts of a person with info and no desire to hide it. The only person who knows you don't really have any is me. From my perspective you are most definitely making things up. You've made a lot up. I don't see a scenario in which I don't vote for you as soon as I see the lynch poll tomorrow (other than me being dead, which would be anticlimactic) but feel free to try to convince me not to.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Bullzeye I didn't silence you! If it makes up for what my making vague comments that came across for me having reasonings to believe you're bad, then let Roxy take me out and reveal my role to show you I didn't so anything to you and I'm not bad and punish me then. I'd rather that happen than you get this worked up at me for someone I value a lot as a friend and thinks I'm doing this things against him for no reason. I had reasons to believe you were bad and I'm trying to piece together what is the truth and I can't get you to work with me on this. Trust me when I say I have reasoning to believe, but I could be wrong! I want to get to the bottom of who really silenced you and what happened.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

And I didn't know you were silenced until you said something when the lynch was over and that's the truth. It wasn't me Bullzeye.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

The only people I can think of that have played with us both before that would pin us against each other would be Bea, JC, and Lorab. I'm just throwing that out there for food for thought for us to piece the silencing together.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Boogs wrote:Bullzeye please tell me the top 3 suspects who could have silenced you or who you believe are bad. I want to piece together my side with yours to see if I was misguided and read you wrong, please. I don't like arguing with you but I think us accusing each other back and forth isn't helping either of us figure out who is bad if you are not bad and neither am I then.
You are my number one suspect on that front. After your weird face thing, I got PMed at the beginning of day to say I was silenced and said to myself 'that was Boogs'. My intention for day 7 was to look over the MM voters. I didn't get round to that. Partly because I'd decided you were bad and partly because I thought you might succeed at getting me bandwagoned and prove it for me. Splints suddenly turning on me out of nowhere is iffy, if you really aren't bad I think the baddies are loving us right now. Niju's willingness to follow you caught my eye. JC I pretty much don't think is bad any more.

Linki - you doing this annoys me more because I consider you a friend. That's why I'm so mad, it'd be less frustrating if it was someone I'd never really spoken to. I still think if it wasn't you it was someone who you have btsc with. You've given me no reason to trust you and a lot of reasons to think you're a major baddie.

Extra linki - none of those three are sadistic enough to pit people against each other like that.
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 91

Post by fingersplints »

Bullzeye wrote:Linki - that makes no sense.
Was that to me or Boogs?
Gro-oo-ovy
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

fingersplints wrote:
Was that to me or Boogs?
You.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Bullzeye wrote:
fingersplints wrote:
Was that to me or Boogs?
You.
How does it make not sense? I feel bad for you that this was presented this way, but it doesn't change things.
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

^^^ pretend that makes more sense and my wording isn't weird :haha:
Gro-oo-ovy
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Your opinion of me is apparently based on Llama's alignment when he and I have had little to no interaction of any importance. The only thing we did was win the latest challenge together (along with Dana). Other than that, barely anything. I don't remember ever going after him.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 233
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Day 7 Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Post by Long Con »

Sorry, Llama, looks like you were a Civvie after all. LORB, why didst thou direct us to kill this innocent Llama?

Interesting Boogs/Bullz back and forth. Bullzeye is reading like Vince Vaughn to me here. It's pretty good.
Hedgeowl wrote:However, I am going to vote LC this go round. I think he could have done more if he were so convinced SVS was god than just let her be lynched and claim he knew afterwards...
I think you could have done more than pretend you didn't see the possibility, at least I said something. And by the way, I brought it up well before the lynch. Everyone pretended not to notice, and now I'm the bad guy because of it?
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Bullzeye wrote:Your opinion of me is apparently based on Llama's alignment when he and I have had little to no interaction of any importance. The only thing we did was win the latest challenge together (along with Dana). Other than that, barely anything. I don't remember ever going after him.
Yes that's right. Based on the number of baddie spots I have in mind for a Rox game of this size, and that you two seemed on opposite sides of everything, I had it as either you were bad or him. (I could be wrong, but I don't believe either of you would have had much reason to recruit Enrique.)

I need to do some reevaluating, but I truly believe you are the best spot to look. Based on my earlier feeling that you may have been setting me up with your comment, I think one of your teammates knows me better than you do. I'm thinking Bea. :ponder:
Gro-oo-ovy
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

fingersplints wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:Your opinion of me is apparently based on Llama's alignment when he and I have had little to no interaction of any importance. The only thing we did was win the latest challenge together (along with Dana). Other than that, barely anything. I don't remember ever going after him.
Yes that's right. Based on the number of baddie spots I have in mind for a Rox game of this size, and that you two seemed on opposite sides of everything, I had it as either you were bad or him. (I could be wrong, but I don't believe either of you would have had much reason to recruit Enrique.)

I need to do some reevaluating, but I truly believe you are the best spot to look. Based on my earlier feeling that you may have been setting me up with your comment, I think one of your teammates knows me better than you do. I'm thinking Bea. :ponder:
Enrique wouldn't be the first person I'd try to recruit. I can't comment on your maths because I have no idea but there are other people I've not interacted with much if at all who are still alive so if (since) I'm not bad, are they? I've forgotten what you mean by setting you up, if you ever mentioned it in thread.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Bullzeye wrote:
fingersplints wrote:

Enrique wouldn't be the first person I'd try to recruit. I can't comment on your maths because I have no idea but there are other people I've not interacted with much if at all who are still alive so if (since) I'm not bad, are they? I've forgotten what you mean by setting you up, if you ever mentioned it in thread.
I did and you said something like you don't even remember how I play. I'll find it later if you'd like.

Obviously there are other people besides you who are bad. I'm interested in finding all of them. You and Boogs attacks against each other make it seem like both of you are only interested in getting the other out. That doesn't seem very civvie to me. Why don't you humor us a little and lets discuss people other than Boogs? I still believe there to be two teams so I will take what you say into consideration.
Gro-oo-ovy
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

fingersplints wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
fingersplints wrote:

I did and you said something like you don't even remember how I play. I'll find it later if you'd like.

Obviously there are other people besides you who are bad. I'm interested in finding all of them. You and Boogs attacks against each other make it seem like both of you are only interested in getting the other out. That doesn't seem very civvie to me. Why don't you humor us a little and lets discuss people other than Boogs? I still believe there to be two teams so I will take what you say into consideration.
Who do you want to discuss? I think Niju is suspicious regardless of whether or not Boogs is bad for her reaction to his posts. He'd been acting fishy and untrustworthy for a while (the smiley thing was so not a real curse, think about it) yet she 'wanted to trust him'. Why?

I also hold that there must have been baddies on the MM bandwagon. As much as Hedge can say there was discussion of him in the past, and there was, I don't remember MM ever being in real danger of a lynch until he actually died. The majority of discussion against him in my opinion came from me and LoRab and I was genuinely surprised that so many came out of the woodwork to join that vote. I will look over the MM voters when it's not 1:30 in the morning and report back.

JC I'm still not sold either way on. She has done a lot to win me over but I'm still not 100% convinced. She did seem like she was being deliberately blendy early on. I probably won't vote her though until I run out of other people to vote for.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 45
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

RIP llama. God was wrong.
Bullzeye wrote:
nijuukyugou wrote: I'd like to believe that he's telling the truth, but people are making good points about why this sort of "info dropping" is being allowed (e.g., a curse). But then again, as others have said, why Boogs? And why twice? Which is the more logical - that the same quiet person is cursed twice by two different people, or that Boogs is actually in his right mind this round and has a genuinely good reason to suspect Bullz? Or just in his right mind and suspects Bullz without a genuinely good reason?
You want to believe a guy who obviously faked being cursed, with absolutely no reason to trust him? A guy who, despite having been blendier than a smoothie, accused me of being bad first because I (one of the highest posters) was apparently blendy? :eye:
Bullzeye, be fair. I was speculating in that post, something I don't normally do in the thread, but I wanted to see what others would say, and I'm sorry you were silenced and didn't get a chance to respond while it was happening (honestly, I didn't think about it until you talked again). In the end, I clearly wasn't willing to trust Boogs, as I didn't go in that direction. I stated this. I was willing to listen to further arguments if he had any, especially because his statements about you were out of the blue, but when none came, I didn't vote for you. I even said I had no further suspicion of you. Without any further proof, I still don't see a reason to vote you next round.

You're mad. I get it. But please be fair and don't twist my words, and don't assume that everyone sees an "obviously faked curse" when it doesn't appear "obviously faked" to me. I don't want to play the newbie card, but I often don't see things that appear "obvious" to more seasoned players. I will definitely agree that his behavior has been extra weird this game (I have pointed this out multiple times), but the reason why I even thought to give the idea he proposed a chance was because the combination of that weirdness (all of it - the relative silence, the smileys, and then the "suspicion" of you) just seemed like it would be too risky to perform if he were a baddie. That's all.

Anyway, take it as you will (except as sarcastic - that's truly not what I'm going for). Oh, and totally voting hamster. I love hamsters oh so much :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I voted for pig dog in honor of my loud snorty boy Chico. I think he was a pig in another life. Seriously. You should hear the noises he makes.
Gro-oo-ovy
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

RIP Llama. :( I'm sorry I was wrong.

Bullz, welcome back to the land of the talking. You're right, I didn't notice at all that you were silenced, but had no intention of voting someone I'd read as civ all game when no case was presented. I also tend to want to hear from the accused before I vote them so yea. I wasn't voting for you this last lynch.

Boogs - you say you want to work this out - that things could be wrong on your end. Cool. Is it at *all* possible that something you think you know could have been tampered with? I get that you've gotten warnings from Rox and you don't want to cross any more lines than you already have. If you truely think that what you know is correct is there *anything* in the thread that you can point to? Vote records? Posts? I can't say if you're faking or if you're genuine - but you could have also been genuinely lead to believe something false. From where I stand, I've got nothing to convince me that bullz is bad except your word. If the shoes were on the other foot, would you trust me so quickly?

Splintsy - How do you think you were set up? I missed that completely. I may know you socially pretty well, but I was never very good at pushing people's buttons in mafia. Except SVS who almost always thinks I'm bad no matter what. She's gotten a bit like illy in that regard.

I'm tempted to vote Hamster because that is my pet name for LB and I miss him. But also there's Elderberries. Wine v Hamster. Such a tough call!!

Meh - wine wins.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
fingersplints
Hitman

Re: Day 4 Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Post by fingersplints »

Bullzeye wrote:
S~V~S wrote: She's right though. Rox loves her some crazy mechanics, and Indies, and yeah, recruits.
I was 50% pointing out a funny coincidence and 50% seeing if Splints would overreact to me pointing out said coincidence and make me suspicious of her. I wasn't really saying it meant anything.
Bullzeye wrote:
fingersplints wrote: bullz - Since you will rightfully ask, it was the comment about the recruit and the subsequent comments about how you were seeing how I would react. I understand that that may be what you were doing, but I tend to overreact a lot so a part of me wonders if you were trying to set me up to react a certain way to make me look bad. I do not feel strongly about you, so I think you are just on a watch list atm for me. :)
Fair enough. I haven't played with you in ages and honestly don't really remember much about your style so I can promise I wasn't trying to set you up at all. When Enrique's role was first revealed I remembered someone had said something about a recruit but I remembered it sounding more nefarious (in hindsight) than your comment so I went back to check what it was. I found yours and just thought "Ha, what a funny coincidence" but knew that if I were bad and had made a comment like that, and then someone pointed it out, I would get really defensive. So I brought it up partly just to say I found it funny but with the intent that if you'd gotten defensive or been awkward in your response I'd have had someone new to suspect. As it happens you've yet to give me a reason to find you suspicious.
^ Here he promises he wasn't trying to set me up because he doesn't remember how I play well enough. My point being he specifically wouldn't have to remember me play style well enough, just have a teammate who does. It just read to me at the time, and especially now, like trying to bait me to overreact, without stirring the pot too much. I'd look super suspicious and he didn't do anything.

bullz, I will get to you later ( your last response to me) It's late for you anyways and I have two Boardwalk Empires to catch up on. :)
Gro-oo-ovy
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 153
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

I like pigs and I like dogs. I also like mongoosedogs.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 153
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Llama was good.

He thought I was good.

Therefore, I must be good.

There are literally no holes in that logic.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Mongoose wrote:Llama was good.

He thought I was good.

Therefore, I must be good.

There are literally no holes in that logic.
Let's wait for his role to come up on the first page and see what we can ascertain from that.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Meh at the result. Need to rethink a lot of things, now.
Bullzeye wrote:

I'm undecided as to this whole discussion right now. But need to take issue with the point that no one else has been cursed in that way this game. Yes, it's possible he faked it. But most cursing roles get to pick a different curse each day--to say that no one else has had a certain curse as part of an accusation just doesn't make sense. and doesn't make your whole argument sound all that convincing, tbh.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

nijuukyugou wrote:RIP llama. God was wrong.
Bullzeye wrote:
nijuukyugou wrote: I'd like to believe that he's telling the truth, but people are making good points about why this sort of "info dropping" is being allowed (e.g., a curse). But then again, as others have said, why Boogs? And why twice? Which is the more logical - that the same quiet person is cursed twice by two different people, or that Boogs is actually in his right mind this round and has a genuinely good reason to suspect Bullz? Or just in his right mind and suspects Bullz without a genuinely good reason?
You want to believe a guy who obviously faked being cursed, with absolutely no reason to trust him? A guy who, despite having been blendier than a smoothie, accused me of being bad first because I (one of the highest posters) was apparently blendy? :eye:
Bullzeye, be fair. I was speculating in that post, something I don't normally do in the thread, but I wanted to see what others would say, and I'm sorry you were silenced and didn't get a chance to respond while it was happening (honestly, I didn't think about it until you talked again). In the end, I clearly wasn't willing to trust Boogs, as I didn't go in that direction. I stated this. I was willing to listen to further arguments if he had any, especially because his statements about you were out of the blue, but when none came, I didn't vote for you. I even said I had no further suspicion of you. Without any further proof, I still don't see a reason to vote you next round.

You're mad. I get it. But please be fair and don't twist my words, and don't assume that everyone sees an "obviously faked curse" when it doesn't appear "obviously faked" to me. I don't want to play the newbie card, but I often don't see things that appear "obvious" to more seasoned players. I will definitely agree that his behavior has been extra weird this game (I have pointed this out multiple times), but the reason why I even thought to give the idea he proposed a chance was because the combination of that weirdness (all of it - the relative silence, the smileys, and then the "suspicion" of you) just seemed like it would be too risky to perform if he were a baddie. That's all.

Anyway, take it as you will (except as sarcastic - that's truly not what I'm going for). Oh, and totally voting hamster. I love hamsters oh so much :)
That post reads to me like you were hesitant to be an early vote in a bandwagon but you'd come back later and use those comments to justify jumping on if others had followed Boogs' claims. It looks bad. As far as the curse goes there'd already been discussion that he could be faking the smiley thing the night before I got silenced.
fingersplints wrote:
^ Here he promises he wasn't trying to set me up because he doesn't remember how I play well enough. My point being he specifically wouldn't have to remember me play style well enough, just have a teammate who does. It just read to me at the time, and especially now, like trying to bait me to overreact, without stirring the pot too much. I'd look super suspicious and he didn't do anything.

bullz, I will get to you later ( your last response to me) It's late for you anyways and I have two Boardwalk Empires to catch up on. :)
Seriously, you're making too big a deal of that comment. Part of it was honestly just an innocent observation. I was also looking for reactions yes, yours or others. Would anyone leap on and say it makes you bad even though I wasn't saying that? Would anyone leap to your defense in an overeager display of protectiveness? Would you overreact? You say if a teammate of mine knew you they could have told me how you act but if that had happened I'd have told them to say it. It would be their idea.
LoRab wrote:Meh at the result. Need to rethink a lot of things, now.
Bullzeye wrote:

I'm undecided as to this whole discussion right now. But need to take issue with the point that no one else has been cursed in that way this game. Yes, it's possible he faked it. But most cursing roles get to pick a different curse each day--to say that no one else has had a certain curse as part of an accusation just doesn't make sense. and doesn't make your whole argument sound all that convincing, tbh.
My point is nobody seems to have had any kind of posting curse other than silencing. Boogs' smiley thing is the only time. It even lasted into the night, which is unusual for any curse. Not to mention he's a really really strange choice of target for a cursing role given he'd been practically uninvolved up until that point and there was no guarantee he'd even post at all. You might say 'oh well curses usually have a minimum post requirement' and you'd be making a good point but he only made four posts.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

I got distracted while making that post and had to rush it but I wanted to say two other things to Splints. First, if you think there are two baddie teams why did you think only one of me or Llama could be bad? I'm discounting the fact it doesn't make any sense in my opinion to connect the two of us like that but if there were two teams surely your opinion on our differences could put each of us on a different baddie team? It's a moot point since neither of us are bad but it does strike me as odd that you completely discounted that possibility based on your own logic.

Also, since you think I'm bad because Llama wasn't, how do you feel about Boogs' hints at info?
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

like I said, I don't think you are on the team that recruited Enrique.
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I think you are bad, because you are acting bad bullz. Plain and simple. Your little outburst at Boogs yesterday screams baddie.
Gro-oo-ovy
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

fingersplints wrote:I think you are bad, because you are acting bad bullz. Plain and simple. Your little outburst at Boogs yesterday screams baddie.
Nope. It screams 'why the hell would you silence me and then fake info'. I think infodumping is the scummiest (in the literal sense of the word) thing you can do in mafia. It's cheating. It shows a lack of respect for the hosts and players. It's outright cruel. I hate seeing it done to anyone so when fake info is put up against me that isn't something I'll take lightly. Especially if it happens when I'm silenced. I really don't like being silenced either. While I was completely incapable of defending myself Boogs came into the thread and acted like he had info that made me out to be bad. If you'd all followed him I'd have just been totally screwed out of a game I was really enjoying.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

How would you expect a civ to react to being fake-outed while silenced? Should I have thanked Boogs for making it incredibly likely I'll die soon?
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

To be fair, Boogs has also made it incredibly likely he will die soon as well. He has painted a large target on his back. As much attention as he is getting, baddies won't want to keep a possible info role in the game.

And I think Boogs is telling the truth. I have already pointed out that I think the curse maker is likely to be able to choose the curse based on the variety we have seen. Which you tried to discredit him by saying that we hadn't seen that curse before. In retrospect, you were one of the ones who pushed that it was weird such a low poster was cursed in the first place. Therefore, I think you knew he was cursed since your team probably did the cursing.

I would expect a civvie to be mad too, but your tone and responses don't read to me like a mad civvie.
Gro-oo-ovy
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

fingersplints wrote:To be fair, Boogs has also made it incredibly likely he will die soon as well. He has painted a large target on his back. As much attention as he is getting, baddies won't want to keep a possible info role in the game.

And I think Boogs is telling the truth. I have already pointed out that I think the curse maker is likely to be able to choose the curse based on the variety we have seen. Which you tried to discredit him by saying that we hadn't seen that curse before. In retrospect, you were one of the ones who pushed that it was weird such a low poster was cursed in the first place. Therefore, I think you knew he was cursed since your team probably did the cursing.

I would expect a civvie to be mad too, but your tone and responses don't read to me like a mad civvie.
Mad is mad. I don't see how you can read like a mad civvie or a mad baddie specifically. It's not like I'm laughing maniacally or stroking my evil beard and twirling my nefarious mustache. I'm pretty sure you actually agreed with me that Boogs seemed a weird choice for a curse at the time so this is a strange switch here. Point to any other player who has been cursed at all with anything but a silencing. There aren't any. Boogs is lying. Maybe he actually does think he has info, I don't know. If he does he's just wrong. Otherwise he's lying. It's way too convenient that he comes up with this right as I get silenced. I don't curse low posters. When I have a power that can affect people's posting I strictly target top posters unless the game is really quiet. See X-Men. I was the silencer and chose my targets by looking at the list of who posted and picking the highest one I hadn't yet gone for.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Re: Night 6 Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Post by Bullzeye »

fingersplints wrote:I agree bullz. Doesn't make sense to me. Like I said it's too convenient. The only reason I can think is that it is his role or a teammates role. He couldn't have anticipated half the players being off the poll. Maybe someone assumed he would be getting some attention that day period
fingersplints wrote:
juliets wrote:
fingersplints wrote:EBWOP: I'd add Boogs to list.
I still have him in the bottom of my middle group if that makes sense.
I get you. I just feel like he is falling under the radar with a convenient posting restriction.
So it was too convenient and you agreed he was a weird choice to curse but now all of a sudden he actually was cursed all along? Hell if faking info is all you need to do to be trusted I've been playing wrong all these years.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I did think it was weird, but I have since reconsidered. i'm not going to pretend to be a Boogs expert, but he was lynched in the Hobbit for lying about a curse specifically. (You had btsc with him that game I think so you should remember it well)
Maybe someone who knows him better (other than bullz) can answer me if he seems like that kind of risk taking player that would immediately try it again? Because no offense to him, he doesn't seem like that player to me.

linki - While a game where you silenced high posters is good, I'm not accusing you of having a silencing role. Cursing (choosing any posting restriction) is very different than just being able to silence someone.
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I thought he was llamas teammate at the time. Llama has since been lynched and proven a civvie.
Gro-oo-ovy
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

fingersplints wrote:I did think it was weird, but I have since reconsidered. i'm not going to pretend to be a Boogs expert, but he was lynched in the Hobbit for lying about a curse specifically. (You had btsc with him that game I think so you should remember it well)
Maybe someone who knows him better (other than bullz) can answer me if he seems like that kind of risk taking player that would immediately try it again? Because no offense to him, he doesn't seem like that player to me.

linki - While a game where you silenced high posters is good, I'm not accusing you of having a silencing role. Cursing (choosing any posting restriction) is very different than just being able to silence someone.
He wasn't lying though in the Hobbit. His role secret was that he could be silenced by the other elf sometimes and that happened. He was too honest if anything, what he should have done is lie and say his own role had silenced him. It would have been fine since his power actually got blocked when he was silenced.

To the linki: What I'm saying is if I have a power that can influence posts (silencing OR cursing) I like to make an impact with it. Targeting someone who isn't playing much doesn't make any impact in my opinion. Sure a curse with a minimum post stipulation might light a fire under an inactive player but Boogs only made four 'cursed' posts so if he did have such a curse he probably failed to meet that demand. Even if I was only on a team with someone whose power was to curse I'd still argue we should use that ability on active people.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

All the same, he got lynched for people thinking he was. it's doubtful he would even self target with a posting restriction again after that.
Gro-oo-ovy
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

I will entertain the notion that Boogs might not have been faking the curse if you can point me to two or more instances of a player clearly having any kind of posting curse other than silencing.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Well potentially Mongoose and I can't remember the other I thought may have been atm (maybe Ketterman? idk). I replaced in so my notes are incomplete, which is why I already asked for help with this. Since no one responded it will have to wait until I am able to go through the thread again and compile this information. It won't be today (wed) that's for sure. I might have time tomorrow but idk yet

I will get back to you, and I do still want to discuss other people. I just have to get ready and set off to do stuff. Not sure how often I'll be able to get wifi today to check in
Gro-oo-ovy
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

fingersplints wrote:Well potentially Mongoose and I can't remember the other I thought may have been atm (maybe Ketterman? idk). I replaced in so my notes are incomplete, which is why I already asked for help with this. Since no one responded it will have to wait until I am able to go through the thread again and compile this information. It won't be today (wed) that's for sure. I might have time tomorrow but idk yet

I will get back to you, and I do still want to discuss other people. I just have to get ready and set off to do stuff. Not sure how often I'll be able to get wifi today to check in
I remember what you're talking about with Keterman and he wasn't cursed. Looking back at his posts he denies it outright and says that for the two posts that looked like he'd been cursed, his keyboard was broken. He also made a bunch of non-cursed seeming posts on the same day. So no points there. Mongoose I don't remember seeming cursed at all but I'll go have a look at her now.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

If this so-called infodump is real, then I suspect that Boogs won't survive the night. Maybe we'll be able to assess his role and alignment by morning. Not that we have Llama's yet. I think. I'll check page 1.

Return to “Previous Jobs”