Game Over! Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Moderator: Community Team

How did Das Porcu do co-hosting his first game?

Stupendous!
80%
Horrific!
No votes
Who is Das Porcu?
No votes
Fucking fabulous!!/Hosts
20%

Total votes: 15
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 91

Re: Night 7 Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Post by fingersplints »

Roxy wrote:llama has been lynched he was Dennis' Mom - a Civvie

It is now night 7

Are you saying this is not llama's role/alignment?
Gro-oo-ovy
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 139

Post by Canucklehead »

fingersplints wrote:To be fair, Boogs has also made it incredibly likely he will die soon as well. He has painted a large target on his back. As much attention as he is getting, baddies won't want to keep a possible info role in the game.

And I think Boogs is telling the truth. I have already pointed out that I think the curse maker is likely to be able to choose the curse based on the variety we have seen. Which you tried to discredit him by saying that we hadn't seen that curse before. In retrospect, you were one of the ones who pushed that it was weird such a low poster was cursed in the first place. Therefore, I think you knew he was cursed since your team probably did the cursing.

I would expect a civvie to be mad too, but your tone and responses don't read to me like a mad civvie.
That's a really interesting observation, splints... :ponder:

I almost always read angry overreactions as a baddie move...it feels like Bullz is mad that he got found out, the whole "fake infodumping! and we're friendsies, too! Et tu Brute?" thing rings false to me.....but I'm not really sure how I feel about trusting Boogs, because I'm actually also weirded out by the "smiley curse" thing...

I sure would like to lynch that baddie Mongoose, though.... :srsnod: Does no one else see that she's bad?!
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

or you mean with the ability. I get you now LC
Gro-oo-ovy
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 233
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

fingersplints wrote:
Roxy wrote:llama has been lynched he was Dennis' Mom - a Civvie

It is now night 7

Are you saying this is not llama's role/alignment?
No, I'm saying that Dennis' Mom isn't revealed in the page 1 roles yet.

Canuck, I think you've got the right idea. I was waiting till Mafia Dawn to talk about it, but I can't bypass such succinctness.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 264

Post by Bullzeye »

Canucklehead wrote:
fingersplints wrote:To be fair, Boogs has also made it incredibly likely he will die soon as well. He has painted a large target on his back. As much attention as he is getting, baddies won't want to keep a possible info role in the game.

And I think Boogs is telling the truth. I have already pointed out that I think the curse maker is likely to be able to choose the curse based on the variety we have seen. Which you tried to discredit him by saying that we hadn't seen that curse before. In retrospect, you were one of the ones who pushed that it was weird such a low poster was cursed in the first place. Therefore, I think you knew he was cursed since your team probably did the cursing.

I would expect a civvie to be mad too, but your tone and responses don't read to me like a mad civvie.
That's a really interesting observation, splints... :ponder:

I almost always read angry overreactions as a baddie move...it feels like Bullz is mad that he got found out, the whole "fake infodumping! and we're friendsies, too! Et tu Brute?" thing rings false to me.....but I'm not really sure how I feel about trusting Boogs, because I'm actually also weirded out by the "smiley curse" thing...

I sure would like to lynch that baddie Mongoose, though.... :srsnod: Does no one else see that she's bad?!
I didn't get found out though, that's the thing. I can't believe people aren't seeing the fact that I was silenced when he pushed his info hints as suspicious. Anyone would be angry to be infodumped against. Then factor in that it's a lie. Also factor in that I couldn't even defend myself and could easily have been bandwagoned without being able to say a word and you get a big ball of rage that explodes as soon as it's able to. Me and Boogs have talked on Facebook, he apologised for upsetting me and we're cool now but the fact remains he suddenly appeared with vague hints at info (which he doesn't have) right after I got silenced.

Seriously, I was mad about the infodump. I'd be mad if it was real and I was even more mad because it was fake. See any game where infodumping has happened. I often refuse to vote for victims of it regardless because I think it's horrible. I generally don't like info roles and have killed people in the past for rolehinting. So when someone comes up with fake info hints about me you can be sure I'll be very angry at them.

Also, Splints was one of the ones who pushed that it was weird for Boogs to be cursed too.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I could get on board with a Mongoose lynch as well. I just feel a bit stronger about bullz at this point.
(if I make it through the night)

Something I have been meaning to mention but keep forgetting, Keterman was NK'd right after calling out juliets. Do we think it's more likely someone was setting it up to look like her or that she actually did it?

linki - I agreed with you Bullz as you quoted me doing. iirc YOU presented the "it's weird such a low poster was targeted idea" in my mind because as you so helpfully pointed out people would associate you with cursing high posters.
Gro-oo-ovy
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

fingersplints wrote:I could get on board with a Mongoose lynch as well. I just feel a bit stronger about bullz at this point.
(if I make it through the night)

Something I have been meaning to mention but keep forgetting, Keterman was NK'd right after calling out juliets. Do we think it's more likely someone was setting it up to look like her or that she actually did it?

linki - I agreed with you Bullz as you quoted me doing. iirc YOU presented the "it's weird such a low poster was targeted idea" in my mind because as you so helpfully pointed out people would associate you with cursing high posters.
I don't know that people would associate me with it, I very rarely have cursing roles. I think I've had about three ever. It's just that that's how I like to play them and I'm pretty set in my ways. My point is you still agreed it was weird to curse a low poster. Boogs had less than 40 posts on the sixth day of a full game with tons of discussion. That is a weird choice of target for a curse no matter who you are. Don't people want their curses to be noticed?
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 243
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I am also up for a Mongoose lynch. I haven't changed my mind about that red herring stuff.

Also splints, it did occur to me when Keterman was deaded that it was a set up.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Good point about Keterman, Splints. That's the kind of basic Mafia detective work that sometimes gets ignored when there's a spicy tête-à-tête du jour.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 153
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Bullzeye wrote:
fingersplints wrote:Well potentially Mongoose and I can't remember the other I thought may have been atm (maybe Ketterman? idk). I replaced in so my notes are incomplete, which is why I already asked for help with this. Since no one responded it will have to wait until I am able to go through the thread again and compile this information. It won't be today (wed) that's for sure. I might have time tomorrow but idk yet

I will get back to you, and I do still want to discuss other people. I just have to get ready and set off to do stuff. Not sure how often I'll be able to get wifi today to check in
I remember what you're talking about with Keterman and he wasn't cursed. Looking back at his posts he denies it outright and says that for the two posts that looked like he'd been cursed, his keyboard was broken. He also made a bunch of non-cursed seeming posts on the same day. So no points there. Mongoose I don't remember seeming cursed at all but I'll go have a look at her now.
I don't think I've been cursed this game, btw.

I lost the threads of my thought train on this a bit, but from what I recall, I was suspecting that Canucklehead was being falsely set up. Y'all successfully Kangaroo courted Llama, so let's not do a back-to-back civ mislynch.

I may have wriggled out of some tight and thorny situations, but my survival isn't indicative of bad alignment. My only malfeasance is absenteeism.

However, I'd rather you vote me than an info-dump victim. Sometimes lines get blurred and we make poor judgments (so let's not crucify poor Boogs), but I don 't want to put my vote there, fake or not.

Cherries & Fairies,
:Mongoose:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Mongoose wrote:
I lost the threads of my thought train on this a bit, but from what I recall, I was suspecting that Canucklehead was being falsely set up. Y'all successfully Kangaroo courted Llama, so let's not do a back-to-back civ mislynch.
Mongoose, what was Canuck being falsely set up for?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

I think she thought I was being set up for killing bwt? Or Keterman?

Also, where is Dana?
:hmm:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

The last post I see from Dana was from the contest on September 10th. That was 7 days ago. I don't know what to make of it though. She posted in Random Questions since then on the 11th and 12th but hasn't posted on this site since then. I don't know whether to think she got busy or is laying low.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I don't have the greatest feeling about her either. I still don't like her comment about Enrique being bad half the time (again why specifically half?) Maybe I am reading too much into it, or maybe it's that I feel she is the most likely to recruit Enrique, but her just disappearing like this makes me believe she is just lying low now and letting the civvies go at each other.

maybe she was silenced too? haha
Gro-oo-ovy
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Oh, I better vote. I'm going for hamster.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Re: Day 4 Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Post by bea »

fingersplints wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
S~V~S wrote: She's right though. Rox loves her some crazy mechanics, and Indies, and yeah, recruits.
I was 50% pointing out a funny coincidence and 50% seeing if Splints would overreact to me pointing out said coincidence and make me suspicious of her. I wasn't really saying it meant anything.
Bullzeye wrote:
fingersplints wrote: bullz - Since you will rightfully ask, it was the comment about the recruit and the subsequent comments about how you were seeing how I would react. I understand that that may be what you were doing, but I tend to overreact a lot so a part of me wonders if you were trying to set me up to react a certain way to make me look bad. I do not feel strongly about you, so I think you are just on a watch list atm for me. :)
Fair enough. I haven't played with you in ages and honestly don't really remember much about your style so I can promise I wasn't trying to set you up at all. When Enrique's role was first revealed I remembered someone had said something about a recruit but I remembered it sounding more nefarious (in hindsight) than your comment so I went back to check what it was. I found yours and just thought "Ha, what a funny coincidence" but knew that if I were bad and had made a comment like that, and then someone pointed it out, I would get really defensive. So I brought it up partly just to say I found it funny but with the intent that if you'd gotten defensive or been awkward in your response I'd have had someone new to suspect. As it happens you've yet to give me a reason to find you suspicious.
^ Here he promises he wasn't trying to set me up because he doesn't remember how I play well enough. My point being he specifically wouldn't have to remember me play style well enough, just have a teammate who does. It just read to me at the time, and especially now, like trying to bait me to overreact, without stirring the pot too much. I'd look super suspicious and he didn't do anything.

bullz, I will get to you later ( your last response to me) It's late for you anyways and I have two Boardwalk Empires to catch up on. :)

Ok- got ya. I didn't think much of the interaction at the time because I totally expect you to have some ideas about the numbers. You've co-hosted more than one game with rox. I can't speak for the others, but I don't have bts with Bullz.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

oi - dana did go quiet - like so quiet I forgot she was playing.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

I have one further thing to say about Boogs. If he really is an info role where are his passionate defences of civs he checked? Surely he'd have used his ability on Made and tried to help him against the tide of people who believed he was bad? What about SVS or Llama, both were regularly discussed and both were civ. Same could be said slightly of MM. Where are his suspicions of other baddies he might have checked?

The answer is simple. He has no info. Also:
Mongoose wrote: I don't think I've been cursed this game, btw.
So neither of Splints' examples of past curses were actually cursed. I'll give her that she was replaced, so if anyone else passionately believes in the trustworthiness of a blendy player who hinted at info on someone who was incapable of defending themselves and would like to prove Boogs was cursed I make them the same offer: Point to two other people who were cursed (not silenced) or accept that he was probably making it up, just like his ridiculous 'info'.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Bullzeye wrote:I have one further thing to say about Boogs. If he really is an info role where are his passionate defences of civs he checked? Surely he'd have used his ability on Made and tried to help him against the tide of people who believed he was bad? What about SVS or Llama, both were regularly discussed and both were civ. Same could be said slightly of MM. Where are his suspicions of other baddies he might have checked?

The answer is simple. He has no info. Also:
Mongoose wrote: I don't think I've been cursed this game, btw.
So neither of Splints' examples of past curses were actually cursed. I'll give her that she was replaced*, so if anyone else passionately believes in the trustworthiness of a blendy player who hinted at info on someone who was incapable of defending themselves and would like to prove Boogs was cursed I make them the same offer: Point to two other people who were cursed (not silenced) or accept that he was probably making it up, just like his ridiculous 'info'.
EBWOP: *Splints came in as a replacement and has said she might not have the best memory of early on.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

That is a more than fair point bullz.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

If I survive tonight (assuming Boogs' team don't just kill me) I'll be voting Boogs because he faked a curse and faked info which he brought up while I was silenced. None of those things add up to civ in my book. If I die tonight you'll all see I was civ all along and hopefully that will inspire you to lynch Boogs.
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Boogs »

I havent responded to the smilie thing because its going in circles but make of it what you all may. And anyway, I'm partly torn still to vote Bullzeye, JC, or someone else tomorrow but i fear i may have to if it looks like i am getting votes. Hopefully this cat still has some of it's 9 Civ lives left to survive tonight and tomorrow.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Boogs wrote:I havent responded to the smilie thing because its going in circles but make of it what you all may. And anyway, I'm partly torn still to vote Bullzeye, JC, or someone else tomorrow but i fear i may have to if it looks like i am getting votes. Hopefully this cat still has some of it's 9 Civ lives left to survive tonight and tomorrow.
Please respond to it. Were you or were you not cursed? You've never actually said. If you weren't cursed, why do it? Serious question. I can think of no real, lasting benefit for a civ or baddie.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Boogs wrote:I havent responded to the smilie thing because its going in circles but make of it what you all may. And anyway, I'm partly torn still to vote Bullzeye, JC, or someone else tomorrow but i fear i may have to if it looks like i am getting votes. Hopefully this cat still has some of it's 9 Civ lives left to survive tonight and tomorrow.
Boogs, I'm still waiting to see the case against me so I can respond.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 85

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

fingersplints has been killed. She was Prince Herbert, a civvie!

Day 8 has begun.
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

Re: Python Polls

DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

Re: Day 8 Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Herbert wrote:
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 340

Post by thellama73 »

Yay, I am on the poll! Lynch me!
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

Woops. :blush:
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

lol knew it :) Good game all and Best of luck civvies :hugs:
rezzmeandstuff :zombie:
Gro-oo-ovy
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

As promised, voting Boogs for his fake infodump and fake curse. If something good comes up on someone else or I need to save myself I will probably move my vote but I'm pretty convinced Boogs is bad. I mean the fact he just happens to suddenly push these info hints while I'm silenced, as well as the fact he's never seemed to have info on anyone else, and nobody else all game has seemed to have any kind of posting curse, none of those add up in a way that makes me think 'civ'.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

In the morning I'll go over MM voters and other stuff too but I wanted to get my point on Boogs across. I think he's bad news. I pretty much know it. I think he or his team silenced me so I wouldn't be able to defend and then he came after me dropping hints about info hoping he'd be believed. No idea what his endgame was for that but it's the only thing that makes sense because I know he doesn't have info and it's way too big of a coincidence that I happened to be silenced right when he brought it up.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Nooooo! Splintsy! Really sorry to see you go, I really felt like you brought an honest and direct angle to a lot of the discussions, in a way that really kept it real.

So she was the mysterious Herbert.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Long Con wrote:Nooooo! Splintsy! Really sorry to see you go, I really felt like you brought an honest and direct angle to a lot of the discussions, in a way that really kept it real.

So she was the mysterious Herbert.
Really? :P
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

rip splintsy. :(
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

oh no, splints! So sorry to see you go. I hope we're both in another game soon.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

I have stuff to catch-up on, but have people discussed the fact that this may be more of a recruitment baddie team? With Enrique being a recruit and one of the only baddies we have seen, I am wondering more recently with the way the last lynch went down if what we are actually seeing is recruitment?

Just something I have been wondering about, but I doubt I will vote Mongoose today. LC and Juliets are looking like potential baddie McBaddersons to me currently. I need to spend more time reviewing though, because I know the moment after I post this Juliets will ask for specific things to address. :)
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Hedgeowl wrote:I have stuff to catch-up on, but have people discussed the fact that this may be more of a recruitment baddie team? With Enrique being a recruit and one of the only baddies we have seen, I am wondering more recently with the way the last lynch went down if what we are actually seeing is recruitment?

Just something I have been wondering about, but I doubt I will vote Mongoose today. LC and Juliets are looking like potential baddie McBaddersons to me currently. I need to spend more time reviewing though, because I know the moment after I post this Juliets will ask for specific things to address. :)
Hedgie, could you provide some evidence regarding my baddiness? I will be happy to respond but I need something specific. I had to ask the question even though you knew I'd ask to show you you were right! :) (and also because I really do want the specifics) You are greatly mistaken about me so I'd like to clear that up.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

EBWOP: Hedgie, I'd also like to know what the evidence is on Long Con. I can't properly evaluate if he is someone I should vote for without knowing what you are seeing that makes you say he is baddie.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

I'm also interested in Hedgie's case on Juliets, since I've not really had thoughts one way or t'other about her. LC I've been reading more and more as civ (though maybe I'm just biased because he seems to be agreeing with me a lot this game?), so it would take a pretty damning case for me to vote LC.
Boogs/Bullz is still worth watching. I don't know what's going on their, but neither of them seemed particularly civ-like in their recent interactions. Llama flipping civ makes me reconsider my thinking about ninja (who was next on God's list), since it seems that God may not have been all that omniscient at all, in the end.
I'm still ready and willing to vote Mongoose, but I'm starting to have a nasty gut feeling that she might have some lynch protections built into her role. Why else would she be so flippant/brazen/nonchalant in her baddiness??
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

So I had originally intended to go through the MM bandwagon the other day because it did surprise me a little but then I got silenced. I'm going to do that now instead. In order, his voters were Bullzeye (8), LoRab (13), thellama73 (16), nijuukyugou (17), bea (18), Hedgeowl (20), Mongoose (22). I'm glad I did this, MM's lynch is one of the craziest I've ever seen when you look into how it went down.

Me - Civ.

LoRab - She's the only person I remember really supporting/agreeing with my views on MM early on. Reads civ to me though she's also kinda quiet.

Llama - We know he was civ.

Niju - Up until the day he was lynched Niju mentioned MM exactly once. That was in the wake of Made's death, a single comment that didn't necessarily give any opinion on him. Then on day six he and LC are the most suspicious of the people on the poll. She called them both suspicious for the same reason - their vote for Made despite believing him to be Lancelot. Yet LC was someone she'd called 'odd' in the past for other reasons such as his turning on Llama, and as I've said MM is literally never mentioned at all until a passing comment on day five. On the balance of things, you might have expected her to vote LC rather than MM. I also find it odd that she called out specifically those two for voting Made despite believing the Lancelot theory. Loads of people believed that theory. I believed it but voted for Made because I thought if it wasn't true but he was bad his teammates would've been all over it. I also find her to be quite blendy in general. She doesn't seem to have strong opinions. She'll comment on someone maybe once or twice but not always follow through with things and doesn't push her views forward very much.

Bea - I went into Bea's posts thinking "Oh Bea seems good this game I trust her and I'll find support for that in here". Not so much. She does generally come off fairly trustworthy and seems to be playing a good civ game. She jumped onto the MM bandwagon with no discussion at all though. No indication she'd ever been suspicious of him and even after the lynch no real explanation for her vote. She apologised to MM for voting him but never said what inspired her to jump on the bandwagon. Also this:
bea wrote: Speaking of early votes, there sure does seem to be a bunch of them with little to no discussion. WTH? Not *all* of these peeps can be cursed can they?
bea wrote:At work super busy voting mm.
Both on the same day. I'm no longer sure what I think of Bea.

Hedge - Told me off for saying the MM bandwagon seemed to come out of nowhere. Seriously, two of his voters (up until now) had never discussed him. One probably only voted him to stay in the game. Drew a bit of heat early on for hedging her bets with the SVS-MP debate but since then a lot of her analysis seems pretty decent. She's come up with some points about baddies and their numbers which I think might be relatively accurate. On the other hand she's yet another who didn't really do much discussion of MM before his lynch. She didn't give a reason for why she voted him either. This after suggesting she's suspicious of Mongoose too. So in hindsight, this post:
Hedgeowl wrote: I am specifically not a fan of info-dumping either, so I hesitate with Boogs' warning of Bullz. However, Bullz' post about the "sudden" suspicion of MM after we had already had a day where Made, MM, and Mongoose were discussed as M for baddie candidates seems off to me. MM had also received lots of scrutiny for the early 'French' comment. I know for one felt that Mongoose was not my top suspect.
Bullzeye wrote:
fingersplints wrote:RIP MM. I felt like some of the votes there were a bit suspicious, and seemed like it was out of nowhere to save Mongoose. Lorab was talking about him for a while, so I think hers could be genuinely misguided.
I was actually surprised so many people jumped onto that vote. I'd had a gut feeling about MM for most of the game but it seemed like nobody other than LoRab really agreed with me until today. There was definitely something fishy going on there.
Here he seems to say, well I voted for MM, but I actually suspected him, unlike all these other bandwagoners. It just doesn't ring entirely true to me.
Comes off really defensive. Splints was right, the overwhelming majority of MM's votes come out of nowhere from people who'd almost never breathed a word against him even when they voted. So yeah, I did vote for MM but I did actually suspect him. I've seen no evidence she did. Nor Bea or Niju. Also, 'M Day' was still all about Made. MR ended up dead and MM caught a tiny bit of heat but it was M for Made mostly.

Mongoose - Not sure what to think. I know a few people have been quite suspicious of her and I do agree she comes off strange sometimes. MM actually pointed out that at least once she's made comments implying she's trying to lie low and only respond to things directed at her. Something I noticed is that for whatever reason she's gotten a lot more quiet since day 2. Maybe just because of the game she was hosting. She has four pages of posts and the first 3 of those are day 0 - night 2. Her OTT defense of Llama (who we know to be civ) comes off quite crazy. No explanation for her MM vote, not even a post with the vote itself. I suppose she voted him to protect herself ultimately.

Go look at the poll thread, look at MM's lynch and compare the numbers. Mongoose had four votes when MM had two. Then Llama, Niju, and Bea consecutively vote for MM. Boogs ties it back up at 5 each, and Hedge breaks the tie soon after followed by Mongoose putting down her vote to condemn MM. This looks like a massive save attempt in my book. I will almost definitely be changing my vote.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

i thought that was a good analysis bullz. That's how bea and blooper got on my baddie list and it furthered my suspicion of Mongoose.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Yeah, that DEFINITLEY could be a "Save Mongoose!" campaign.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 153
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

I wouldn't mind a "Save Mongoose!" campaign, to be honest. I (attempted to) posted last night after Hedge's post, but it ate it apparently. I will try to recreate that post-yoga.

Honestly, it was probably fairly recapitulatory of things I already done said though.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Oy! I had a mini panic moment thinking that I still had no idea wheeee my vote was going and that the lynch ended today and not tomorrow.

I'm not reading lc as bad. don't plan on voting there. I need to reread the back and forth stuff to see what I think on all that. Not sure what to make of boogs. Mongoose the auspicions made sense last lunch, and I haven't really hanged my thinking there.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

I'm going to stick my vote on Mongoose because I think the MM bandwagon was a pretty obvious save of her. Gonna have to do it now since I'm away from my laptop friday-saturday and will only be able to check in on my phone. I hate phone posting so I'll probably just vanish unless anything big comes up.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Hedgie I saw you were here earlier and even that you posted in another thread. Why didn't you answer my questions from this morning? I need an opportunity to respond to whatever you think makes me baddie.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 340
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Something something Rezzie, k thanks bye.
Pov: you reading my takes
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I also haven't changed my feelings on Mongoose. I will likely be voting for her or Bullzeye today. I find Bullzeye's arguments for Boogs' baddieness little thin. Just because we haven't seen a "curse" before, it doesn't mean it's fake. I've seen plenty of curse roles that can invent the way they curse... every single one I ever do, for instance. Not that I cursed Boogs. Not my style of curse. :srsnod:

I just think that there was something that made Boogs come after Bullz, and that Bullz' reaction was a bit over-the-top. I have to read the MM thing over again, that seemed interesting.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Bullz - you know what you are right. I really screwed the poochie with my MM vote and in hindsite really didn't come back and say much. That was totally because of my personal headspace at that time and not because of the game. I got super lazy toward the game. That was the vote that ended last Friday right? It sticks out to me because I was on my out of town trip during the SVS lynch, got home Thursday and tried to cram the three days I'd missed into my super exausted head. I had to work early the next day and tried to check in as much as I could and tried to get as much info as I could when I able to. Fridays-Sundays are super busy in the pizza shop. I almost didn't make it with enough time vote and skimmed thread. My thinking at the time was honestly "Crap! I have to do this and get back to orders! I think lorab's pretty good at reading people and I think bullz is too. I'm going to go ahead and follow them on this one."

I am not laying blame for my poor vote at the feet of anyone but myself. I should have come back and said something and I didn't. I was tired. I honestly have been pretty run down since I got back. Yesterday was the first day I felt near normal.

I was not trying to save goosey. I'm pretty undecided on her tbh. She's in my "?" category. Blooper and JC are in that category as well.

I have had civ feelings about Dana, but her continued absense from the game is troubling to me.

Return to “Previous Jobs”