Total votes: 11
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 381
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: Fleabag Mafia d2

Post by Marmot »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:34 pm Lol, I didn’t even notice spf there. I’m so vain =p
SPF... where?!

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 554

Post by Dyslexicon »

Johanna wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:38 am I still don't know where you get your reads from.

I lowkey want to get chopped to see your reaction but my guess is that you will be unfazed by failure.
It’s the classic town tell, must we yield?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 345
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Regarding discussion of TSP's claim and Marmot in particular:
Sloonei wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:37 am If TSP is telling the truth, we are guaranteed to have a confirmed mafia on Day 2. I think that's worth talking about.
I didn't take TSP's claim seriously at first because I thought he was teasing to have had a result at the start of the day, and that's not how the watcher works in this game. When I realized that was not what he was saying, I took the claim more seriously. It might be real. It might not. We'll know later. But in the meantime, we can discuss it as though it is real.

If TSP's claim is legit then he has caught a member of the mafia team. There is no wiggle room. Someone has been caught red handed poisoning SPF. The whole mafia team knows this. Thus, I expect them to be more nervous, less excited, about TSP's claim and the discussion around it than town players.

I wanted to force some discussion about this topic, both to see how folks would handle the topic itself, but also because on a simpler level it is just another way of framing our top suspects in a way that may have more urgency to it. Essentially, a successful watcher shot on Night 1 means that we have one mafia member that can already be considered caught, and I felt there was a chance that that player's teammates could give us hints in their reactions to the topic.

Marmot happened to be around at the time. Not many others were. So it is perhaps a bit unfortunate that he just happened to be in my path when I was pursuing this angle. But his responses fit the mold that I had theorized for a Teammate Of Caught Mafia: resistance, hesitation, frustration:
Marmot wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:39 am There's four mafia. One of them carries the factional poison. Sure one or two of them might decide that SPF is the best kill candidate, but they still have to determine who would carry out the kill, which is something that we would have trouble thinking about considering we uh... don't know who the mafia are.
Marmot wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:40 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:37 am
Marmot wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:36 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:35 am
Marmot wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:34 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:31 am Thoughts on what name(s) might turn up in TSP's report?

I don't think this would be a useful exercise, do you?
I do.
y
The speculation could be juicy.

That would require the fruit vendor giving spf some jamba juice too
Marmot wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:43 am Imagine spf getting a smoothie only to find out it was poisoned :(

It was Sloonei wasn't it. He just wants to get us all talking about that before TSP makes the grand reveal.
Marmot wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:53 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:50 am Are marmots usually this nervous?

Are you gonna do the thing where you convince yourself I'm scum and never rescind?

Also, why do you think the exercise you mentioned would be useful and who do you think will be revealed?
I felt this post looked like an attempt to change the subject. It came off as a bit awkward:
Marmot wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:09 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:59 am

Are you gonna do the thing where you convince yourself I'm scum and never rescind?

Also, why do you think the exercise you mentioned would be useful and who do you think will be revealed?
I am not.

Why would it not be useful to talk about a claimed watcher with a successful target on the poison victim? Your resistance to this topic makes me think you know whose name we will see, but want to stay as far away from it as possible.

I think G-man would make the most sense to carry out the kill if he is bad.

And you want to yeet Johanna today? Or would your rather go for G-Man?
[/spoiler]

Adjacent to all of this, I did not love Marmot's initial response to being informed of TSP's claim:
Marmot wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:13 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:09 am
Marmot wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:03 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:02 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:55 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:53 am My bad then. Tells you how well I'm looking at this shit.
Do you have any more thoughts? On this claim or anything else?
It is a PR claim that's pretty powerful.

It'll self resolve.

Who claimed wut?
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:50 pm Anyways I have a watch on spf so if any fruit vendors wanna come clean now you won’t get in trouble

Alright fine, TSP's off the naughty list.
Marmot accepts and believes the claim without hesitation, but I would not describe this as an excited reaction. It almost reads as resigned. That lack of excitement carried over the ensuing discussion, even in the immediate aftermath of Marmot announcing a town-read on me..

If Marmot is town, he is in the thread with a player he town-reads, having just been informed that we may or may not have a watcher with a confirmed mafia in the bag. His emotional resonance in this situation does not seem like that of a player who is enthused by these developments.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I do like Johanna a lot, and there’s some derp territory there as well. Wish I had played with her before
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

well I really messed up a spoiler there.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 446
Preferred Pronouns: HE

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:37 pm
Johanna wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:38 am I still don't know where you get your reads from.

I lowkey want to get chopped to see your reaction but my guess is that you will be unfazed by failure.
It’s the classic town tell, must we yield?
I think so actually.
Russian Machine Never Breaks 769 #3
2022 Stats
| Overall 4-6 40% | Town 4-6 40% | Mafia 0-0 - |

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
| Overall 6-5 55% | Town 4-5 44% | Mafia 2-0 100% |
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

My takeaway when I reviewed Lime Coke's Day 1 posts was that I saw very little development of any suspicions.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
ilario
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 311
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Post by ilario »

Fact of the matter is, if tsp is real and someone is confirmed by him I feel like they would just have given up posting by now, and nobody in this lobby really fits that bill except maybe lc but I think he has irl reasons to not be present?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:23 am @Johanna hi my vote is on you, but I know nothing about you! Talk to me about the game. Say any things you want, feel free to bring up any topics you think are under-represented in the discussion so far, or reiterate old points, or whatever.
Wtf, she’s been doing this for a while now. What is this?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:37 pm Regarding discussion of TSP's claim and Marmot in particular:
Sloonei wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:37 am If TSP is telling the truth, we are guaranteed to have a confirmed mafia on Day 2. I think that's worth talking about.
I didn't take TSP's claim seriously at first because I thought he was teasing to have had a result at the start of the day, and that's not how the watcher works in this game. When I realized that was not what he was saying, I took the claim more seriously. It might be real. It might not. We'll know later. But in the meantime, we can discuss it as though it is real.

If TSP's claim is legit then he has caught a member of the mafia team. There is no wiggle room. Someone has been caught red handed poisoning SPF. The whole mafia team knows this. Thus, I expect them to be more nervous, less excited, about TSP's claim and the discussion around it than town players.

I wanted to force some discussion about this topic, both to see how folks would handle the topic itself, but also because on a simpler level it is just another way of framing our top suspects in a way that may have more urgency to it. Essentially, a successful watcher shot on Night 1 means that we have one mafia member that can already be considered caught, and I felt there was a chance that that player's teammates could give us hints in their reactions to the topic.

Marmot happened to be around at the time. Not many others were. So it is perhaps a bit unfortunate that he just happened to be in my path when I was pursuing this angle. But his responses fit the mold that I had theorized for a Teammate Of Caught Mafia: resistance, hesitation, frustration:
Marmot wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:39 am There's four mafia. One of them carries the factional poison. Sure one or two of them might decide that SPF is the best kill candidate, but they still have to determine who would carry out the kill, which is something that we would have trouble thinking about considering we uh... don't know who the mafia are.
Marmot wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:40 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:37 am
Marmot wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:36 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:35 am
Marmot wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:34 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:31 am Thoughts on what name(s) might turn up in TSP's report?

I don't think this would be a useful exercise, do you?
I do.
y
The speculation could be juicy.

That would require the fruit vendor giving spf some jamba juice too
Marmot wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:43 am Imagine spf getting a smoothie only to find out it was poisoned :(

It was Sloonei wasn't it. He just wants to get us all talking about that before TSP makes the grand reveal.

I felt this post looked like an attempt to change the subject. It came off as a bit awkward:
Marmot wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:09 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:59 am

I am not.

Why would it not be useful to talk about a claimed watcher with a successful target on the poison victim? Your resistance to this topic makes me think you know whose name we will see, but want to stay as far away from it as possible.

I think G-man would make the most sense to carry out the kill if he is bad.

And you want to yeet Johanna today? Or would your rather go for G-Man?
[/spoiler]

Adjacent to all of this, I did not love Marmot's initial response to being informed of TSP's claim:
Marmot wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:13 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:09 am
Marmot wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:03 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:53 am My bad then. Tells you how well I'm looking at this shit.

It'll self resolve.

Who claimed wut?
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:50 pm Anyways I have a watch on spf so if any fruit vendors wanna come clean now you won’t get in trouble

Alright fine, TSP's off the naughty list.
Marmot accepts and believes the claim without hesitation, but I would not describe this as an excited reaction. It almost reads as resigned. That lack of excitement carried over the ensuing discussion, even in the immediate aftermath of Marmot announcing a town-read on me..

If Marmot is town, he is in the thread with a player he town-reads, having just been informed that we may or may not have a watcher with a confirmed mafia in the bag. His emotional resonance in this situation does not seem like that of a player who is enthused by these developments.

I would not say that I townread you last night, that assumption is incorrect. I was a little suspicious of your handling of me/sig yesterday, and I was concerned that you were trying to steer the thread into a nightkill analysis direction, which to me did not seem fruitful.

I might've also been contrarian because of my read on you, but I did change my mind about such discussion after thinking about it.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ilario wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:42 pm Fact of the matter is, if tsp is real and someone is confirmed by him I feel like they would just have given up posting by now, and nobody in this lobby really fits that bill except maybe lc but I think he has irl reasons to not be present?
The mafia team would only know whether he's real or fake if he is one of them.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Marmot wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:45 pm I would not say that I townread you last night, that assumption is incorrect. I was a little suspicious of your handling of me/sig yesterday, and I was concerned that you were trying to steer the thread into a nightkill analysis direction, which to me did not seem fruitful.

I might've also been contrarian because of my read on you, but I did change my mind about such discussion after thinking about it.
How do you feel about our late night chat now that you know what I was thinking/doing?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

There is a possibility that a fruit vendor and/or sleepwalker visited SPF last night too, so whichever mafia poisoned her isn't completely lost yet. I think the "given up posting" take is reasonable, if anyone actually fits that bill.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

If he isn’t one of them I’d assume the mafia would just take him to be real though ?
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Marmot wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:46 pm There is a possibility that a fruit vendor and/or sleepwalker visited SPF last night too, so whichever mafia poisoned her isn't completely lost yet. I think the "given up posting" take is reasonable, if anyone actually fits that bill.
I assume fruit vendor would probably realise they should be picking scummy people to give fruits to so a watcher doesn’t get them in any reports

Sw is a possibility but in which case we will get a watcher report of 2 names with a potential to clear one of them
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:46 pm
Marmot wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:45 pm I would not say that I townread you last night, that assumption is incorrect. I was a little suspicious of your handling of me/sig yesterday, and I was concerned that you were trying to steer the thread into a nightkill analysis direction, which to me did not seem fruitful.

How do you feel about our late night chat now that you know what I was thinking/doing?

I'd rather wait until later in the day to discuss it, or at least until more people have weighed in.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ilario wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:47 pm If he isn’t one of them I’d assume the mafia would just take him to be real though ?
Maybe. But they don't know for sure. So I think there would be some resignation and frustration, but "giving up" entirely does not feel right. Because it's also possible TSP is lying. We won't know until tomorrow.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

ilario wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:48 pm
Marmot wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:46 pm There is a possibility that a fruit vendor and/or sleepwalker visited SPF last night too, so whichever mafia poisoned her isn't completely lost yet. I think the "given up posting" take is reasonable, if anyone actually fits that bill.
I assume fruit vendor would probably realise they should be picking scummy people to give fruits to so a watcher doesn’t get them in any reports

Sw is a possibility but in which case we will get a watcher report of 2 names with a potential to clear one of them
Are flips alignment only or do we get the full role? Including the sleepwalker's flip?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Can’t even catch up before I have to go to this dinner thing. *now* who’s posting a lot

I feel my perspective flipping quite a bit. My four strong town reads are Ilario, NAA (please don’t fight tho), Johanna and Anarch. Is this completely weird? Doesn’t mean I scum read Sloon or Jimmay, but also not as confident as the others. I did think I could read Sloon though

Right now, I’d vote G-Man or Lime. No time to explain, get in the Llama.

Dolby and Falcon both kind of just there in the middle. Someone has to be mafia, so the likelihood at least one is is probably high imo

I would say Marmot is town, but I haven’t read his latest posts.

TSP did a claim thing, so we can leave him be.

I don’t know if this is a good solve, but it’s where I’m at. Hoping I’ll have the time to catch up this night.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:53 pm No time to explain, get in the Llama.

I been eated by the Llama

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Also, want to mention this: We do have the option every game day from now on to let the confirmed town (poisoned) to make the chop decision. This will ensure 100% mafia free involvement of the decision. Not saying we should do this, but it’s an interesting option that I’ve wanted to try out for a while tbh
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

[VOTE: Lime] aubergine
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 612
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:56 pm Also, want to mention this: We do have the option every game day from now on to let the confirmed town (poisoned) to make the chop decision. This will ensure 100% mafia free involvement of the decision. Not saying we should do this, but it’s an interesting option that I’ve wanted to try out for a while tbh
Regardless of how much control she has over the chop, I will take a lot of comfort in whatever SPF has to say when she has the time. She is our best weapon right now.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Reminder that hammer is at 7, and while we are still 4 votes away, we should be carefull about congregating our votes toooo much.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Would vote today: Lime, G-Man, Falcon, Dolby

Would not vote: Everyone else probably

Not fully caught up, but this be it peeeersonay
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

My view of Lime summarized in two sentences:

I don't think he looks like mafia, but I don't know him very well and cannot place a ton of confidence or emphasis in my own view. I defer on this read more than I would on most reads to the broader consensus.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Also, I think my town reads are pretty much the same as Ilarios. And mine shifted before he wrote his (unless I just got sucked into it, but no). If Ilario is scum here I’ll eat a piece of clothing. Not really, but you get it
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dolby wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:49 am Dizzy - looking back I think that some of the stuff that I'm worried about with JJJ applies here
falcon - don't remember a word they've said rn
G-man - same
ilario - towny, triad 2 posts better than posts near start of game
JJJ - have some level of paranoia towards here. This is most relevant in a world where G-Man and Jo are both town
Johanna - null. I don't think their day two entrance changes anything for me wrt to her either (there may be good JJJ points here). The only thing that looks even remotely bad is her characterization of TSP's behavior.
LC - vibes
Marmot - can be town
NAA - hank_scorpio_fire.gif
SOA - vibes
Sloonei - probs good
TSP - town (obv)

gn

What do these "vibes" reads on SOA and Lime Coke mean?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Marmot wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:57 pm Reminder that hammer is at 7, and while we are still 4 votes away, we should be carefull about congregating our votes toooo much.
We need to give scum team time to adjust their perspective, and posture for tomorrow, yes?
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think there is at least one reason I could identify to call every single player in this game town-aligned except for G-Man.

If I ask myself which of those would have the fewest or the thinnest reasons, I think I end up with 3 of Dizzy's 4. Add falcon and Dolby.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:02 pm
Marmot wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:57 pm Reminder that hammer is at 7, and while we are still 4 votes away, we should be carefull about congregating our votes toooo much.
We need to give scum team time to adjust their perspective, and posture for tomorrow, yes?
That's what I was thinking yeah. Town's gonna win this game easy if we don't give them the handicap.

But really, hammering before we give the poisoned player maximum amount of time to contribute does seem not optimal.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Marmot wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:04 pm But really, hammering before we give the poisoned player maximum amount of time to contribute does seem not optimal.
It's the opposite of optimal.

I don't care about mafia "posturing".

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:00 pm Also, I think my town reads are pretty much the same as Ilarios. And mine shifted before he wrote his (unless I just got sucked into it, but no). If Ilario is scum here I’ll eat a piece of clothing. Not really, but you get it
I’d actually be so devastated if u flip mafia here lol
in the sense that its been a while since I’ve twinned it up so much with someone in-game as far as uncanny mindmelds and vibe checks go

But if I were to misread anyone this game I’d gladly have it be you lol. Would be very impressed and say my ggies
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:05 pm
Marmot wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:04 pm But really, hammering before we give the poisoned player maximum amount of time to contribute does seem not optimal.
It's the opposite of optimal.

I don't care about mafia "posturing".
Opposite of optimal can just be opptimal with two p's.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm going to be throwing out periodic quotes as I do my larger-scale work for people to chew on. First:
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:35 pm
Dolby wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:32 pm Hi I still haven't fully read the thread
I'm wondering...is there a point to telling us this?

[VOTE: Dolby] aubergine
Are these mafia teammates?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:59 pm My view of Lime summarized in two sentences:

I don't think he looks like mafia, but I don't know him very well and cannot place a ton of confidence or emphasis in my own view. I defer on this read more than I would on most reads to the broader consensus.

What do you think of Lime Coke's response to TSP's claim, and the idea that Lime Coke could have carried out the poison and given up after knowing he was caught?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Marmot wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:11 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:59 pm My view of Lime summarized in two sentences:

What do you think of Lime Coke's response to TSP's claim, and the idea that Lime Coke could have carried out the poison and given up after knowing he was caught?
Dunno if I've seen that. Lemme look.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:09 pm I'm going to be throwing out periodic quotes as I do my larger-scale work for people to chew on. First:

I have them as one-way dissociated
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:09 pm I'm going to be throwing out periodic quotes as I do my larger-scale work for people to chew on. First:

I've said a similar thing to what Dolby has here multiple times, so it's at least interesting that falcon voted Dolby for it.

I do like that falcon at least prodded him a second time for it.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Lime Coke wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:14 am JK

[VOTE: TSP] aubergine

I'll be back tomorrow hopefully with better focus.
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:23 am
NotAnAxehole wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:14 am

Are you cc-ing?
Wait did he claim?
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:24 am [VOTE: Unvote] aubergine

I don't get what the CC would be for?

It'll self resolve.

@Marmot, I don't really interpret this stuff as "giving up". That would tend to depend upon what he does from here though. At the least it's a pretty empty Day 2 so far.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I can read it that way, but I can also read it as a standard extension of falcon’s overall shtick in this game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dolby
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 128
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Aka: Morg, Dolbster

Post by Dolby »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:45 am
Dolby wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:49 am gn
Are the “vibes” reads in this post good, bad, or something else?
They're fine

idk, in both cases I felt that my eyes just glazed over their posts and I thought "ok" and it didn't impact my read on them one way or the other
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:06 am
Dolby wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:13 am I do not like the tendency among the consensus town/highposters that we just yeet the low-posters. I'm struggling to find any reads rn that aren't close to having the same effect as sort by postcount.

This has present from as early as the 200s, from Dizzy

Haven't even read fully yet, just feel the need to say this.

Also, Jo's D2 entrance isn't bad for them. No I will not elaborate
You keep mentioning you haven't fully read yet. Why?
In both cases I intended to fully catch up in that sitting, then ended up not doing that
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dolby wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:49 am Dizzy - looking back I think that some of the stuff that I'm worried about with JJJ applies here
G-man - same
JJJ - have some level of paranoia towards here. This is most relevant in a world where G-Man and Jo are both town
Johanna - null. I don't think their day two entrance changes anything for me wrt to her either (there may be good JJJ points here). The only thing that looks even remotely bad is her characterization of TSP's behavior.
LC - vibes
Marmot - can be town
SOA - vibes
Sloonei - probs good
TSP - town (obv)

gn
G-Man wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:30 am Thoughts through page 10:

DOLBY

DYSLEXICON
-whole entry to the game was just weird. Don’t recall if this is typical but it feels a little too much. Do not agree with assessment of SPF
-So. Much. Thread-spew! Not enough foundation behind all that glitter.
-254&255: now it simmers down
-275: Waffle House reads

[redacted for length]
This is one of those 100% blank interactions that I could never dissociate, but it's also not how teammates usually behave. I'll say they're compatible and just shrug. :smile:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:15 pm

Are you cc-ing?
Wait did he claim?

It'll self resolve.

@Marmot, I don't really interpret this stuff as "giving up". That would tend to depend upon what he does from here though. At the least it's a pretty empty Day 2 so far.

Sure. I find the emptiness more suspicious, since it's really hard to tell if he's "given up". We'll see.

If we were organizing players in order of what they've done/contributed today, I'd put Lime Coke would be at the very bottom.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I enjoyed how that read list from Dolby has come up 3 times in the last 20 minutes. XD

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Marmot wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:20 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:15 pm

Are you cc-ing?
Wait did he claim?

It'll self resolve.

Sure. I find the emptiness more suspicious, since it's really hard to tell if he's "given up". We'll see.

If we were organizing players in order of what they've done/contributed today, I'd put Lime Coke would be at the very bottom.
As we wait for Lime Coke to return, I could interpret his reaction as more damning than yours. You just talked to me longer, so your response resonated more with me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:19 pm
G-man - same
LC - vibes
Marmot - can be town
SOA - vibes
Sloonei - probs good
TSP - town (obv)

gn

DOLBY

DYSLEXICON
-whole entry to the game was just weird. Don’t recall if this is typical but it feels a little too much. Do not agree with assessment of SPF

[redacted for length]
This is one of those 100% blank interactions that I could never dissociate, but it's also not how teammates usually behave. I'll say they're compatible and just shrug. :smile:
lol nice
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
Dolby
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 128
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Aka: Morg, Dolbster

Post by Dolby »

Marmot wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:21 pm I enjoyed how that read list from Dolby has come up 3 times in the last 20 minutes. XD
It's a quality reads list, I would expect nothing else
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:19 pm
G-man - same
LC - vibes
Marmot - can be town
SOA - vibes
Sloonei - probs good
TSP - town (obv)

gn

DOLBY

DYSLEXICON

[redacted for length]

I looked back, and G-Man's comments are through page 10, and Dolby's first post didn't come until page 13.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

ilario wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:18 am So gang, are we gonna tr the dumbtell on spf here?
Just saw this.

No. While I rarely care about "dumbtells", I would say they're especially useless with G-Man. He would do that on purpose. I also think he could have done it by accident and still be mafia given his awareness of game matters.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Heists”