Dr. Who Mafia - Night 12

Moderator: Community Team

24 Hour Days?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Yes
61%
No
No votes
Votes in this poll are non-changable! (host/non/mod/dead)
39%

Total votes: 18
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Dr. Who Mafia! - Night 1

Post by Made »

zeek wrote:And where did you get FIGHTING ANIMALS from?
From the articles about arziziziziz you linked?
This manifested itself most obviously in the extremely rapid adaptive changes made by Alzarian animal life. If placed in an environment it found stressful or even uncomfortable, an Alzarian creature would rapidly develop whatever characteristics it required to make the environment less stressful, such as the ability to breathe in a different medium, or higher muscular density.
Spoiler: show
Pov: you reading my takes
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Alzarius* just putting that there so noone try to give me shit for that.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 368

Post by S~V~S »

That MR vote kind of underpins it for me. I do not think Azure is a good option. But we have a lot of people left to vote, hopefully the quiet civvies get in here and vote.

Linki~ way to utterly misconstrue something in the worst possible way, Made.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 683

Post by zeek »

Made, the word FIGHTING does not appear in that. Take a butteryfly for example. If a butterfly is placed in a stressful or uncomfortable environment it will evolve and adapt to survive.
Chris wrote:Well, I've got just over 2 hours before the vote deadline, and I'm not going to be able to read back in time to make an informed vote.

If no one convinces me before the deadline with something better than "The fate of the universe depends on it", I think I'll either randomize or just vote for the non player option.
Are you a civ? If so vote Alzarius. Thats it, thats all the reason you need.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

SNUGGLING ANIMALS
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Even SUSPICIOUS ANImadeS
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Adric is from Alzarius~ he was arrogant, and condescending and patronizing bordering on pedantic; while he was one of the less popular Companions, his name was also the Fifth Doctors last word.

Home planet of a companion...any companions come from Azure or Arkeon? Adric set in motion the chain of events that led to the evolution of Human Beings on Earth. He deserves our thumbs up.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

S~V~S wrote:Adric is from Alzarius~ he was arrogant, and condescending and patronizing bordering on pedantic; while he was one of the less popular Companions, his name was also the Fifth Doctors last word.

Home planet of a companion...any companions come from Azure or Arkeon? Adric set in motion the chain of events that led to the evolution of Human Beings on Earth. He deserves our thumbs up.
This is probably the reason behind this planet being an option and it is where we must go.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

zeek wrote:Made, the word FIGHTING does not appear in that. Take a butteryfly for example. If a butterfly is placed in a stressful or uncomfortable environment it will evolve and adapt to survive.
Chris wrote:Well, I've got just over 2 hours before the vote deadline, and I'm not going to be able to read back in time to make an informed vote.

If no one convinces me before the deadline with something better than "The fate of the universe depends on it", I think I'll either randomize or just vote for the non player option.
Posts like that make me want to do the exact opposite of what they are pushing for...
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

In Made's style
Arkheon history wrote:During the First Dalek Incursion of the Second Dalek War, Arkheon was hit by a "Planet-splitter" missile. The missile strike destroyed half of the planet, exposing the core. The fallout killed most of the inhabitants. The survivors eventually mutated into mindless, savage beasts.
Sounds like a great place to go. To Die.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Chris wrote:
zeek wrote:Made, the word FIGHTING does not appear in that. Take a butteryfly for example. If a butterfly is placed in a stressful or uncomfortable environment it will evolve and adapt to survive.

Posts like that make me want to do the exact opposite of what they are pushing for...
Read SVS's reasoning then. You can vote for the Civ option or two, your choice. It will reflect on you however you vote.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

The fact that MR did not post his vote makes Azure, at the least, seem a bad choice. I look forward to MRs explanation. Oh and:
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Exactly, and MR isn't the only one looking strange in their vote.
I say we need to go to Alzarius, I go hard for it. I have my reasons and those that agree vote with me.
And what, you're telling me, that many people choose Azure at random or because they like the colour blue?
Suspect.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Hell, if this poll is bullshit and I'm taking the piss, I will vote to lynch myself.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 106
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

I am still reading and then re- reading some portions but I am going to vote at this time. I know zeek is a super Whovian. I feel he is truly trying to help us make this choice and am comfortable in my vote for Alzarius.
;)
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

It's more likely that we're going to have to interact with them, not that we will magically adopt the biology of the things born on the planet. Since we'd probably end up fighting the weeping angels, i figured we'd end up fighting the adaptable animals. I'm not crazy am I?
S~V~S wrote:MR has not posted since since before the lynch ended, but he just voted without posting. I have never heard of someone being silenced at night. I am not liking that vote.

Linki@ Made~ anything is possible; but based on what I recall and have wikied, I don't think so. It is also a Dalek slaver planet, so I think a vote for it would help the Daleks, assuming this is a benefit poll, which i am thinking it might be.
Hmm...Checked the wiki for relations of cyber man or silence to the other two planets and couldn't find any, but Azure has a Darlek link so based on SVS's(linkied) reasoning, and my own searching, I'm going alzarius.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 439

Post by Epignosis »

Blue is my favorite color even.

By the way, zeek, you misspelled "color."
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 80

Post by fingersplints »

Voting alzarius. From skimming seems like most civvie friendly option.
I've barely even been able to skim since before lynch. sorry I missed the vote and :rip: juliets
Gro-oo-ovy
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Epignosis wrote:Blue is my favorite color even.

I'm British, you misspelt "colour."
Made wrote:

It's more likely that we're going to have to interact with them, not that we will magically adopt the biology of the things born on the planet. Since we'd probably end up fighting the weeping angels, i figured we'd end up fighting the adaptable animals. I'm not crazy am I?
S~V~S wrote:MR has not posted since since before the lynch ended, but he just voted without posting. I have never heard of someone being silenced at night. I am not liking that vote.

Linki@ Made~ anything is possible; but based on what I recall and have wikied, I don't think so. It is also a Dalek slaver planet, so I think a vote for it would help the Daleks, assuming this is a benefit poll, which i am thinking it might be.
Hmm...Checked the wiki for relations of cyber man or silence to the other two planets and couldn't find any, but Azure has a Darlek link so based on SVS's(linkied) reasoning, and my own searching, I'm going alzarius.
I think you've contradicted yourself there but, whatever, you're voting right at least.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

zeek wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Blue is my favorite color even.

I'm British, you misspelt "colour."
I like...

*thumbs through a British-English phrase finder*

...the cut of your jib. :llama:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Which planet do you travel to?

Poll runs till Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:09 pm
You may select 1 option

Alfava Metraxis
No votes

Alzarius
S~V~S (2), MovingPictures07 (3), Epignosis (4), zeek (5), Hedgeowl (6), DFaraday (15), nijuukyugou (16), Enrique (18), Roxy (19), fingersplints (20), Made (21)
52%

Arkheon
Metalmarsh89 (12)
5%

Azure
Spacedaisy (8), Dom (9), sabie12 (10), Elohcin (11), Bullzeye (13), Bass_the_Clever (14), Mister Rearranger (17)
33%

Football sux. (Host/Dead/Mod/Non)
birdwithteeth11 (1), bea (7)
10%

Total votes : 21
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 181

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Only 19 of 30 people have voted so far? Your hosts are displeased.

We will have to decide how this is going to be handled. But it will not be good if more votes do not show up, trust me. :feb:
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Epignosis wrote:I like...

*thumbs through a British-English phrase finder*

...the cut of your jib. :llama:
Quite right too, dear chap :llama: I like... complaining about the weather and queueing politely. Cause I'm British thats what we do.

I'm going to try to stick around for the end of Night. Be interesting to see if the quiet ones show up to vote.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Given one of these options relates directly to the Weeping Angels I'm willing to reassess my previous statement about the likelihood of the Valeyard being a character. He may just be a plot device and the three hidden roles are Weeping Angels. Although in their initial appearance it was a team of four. Something to consider.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 407

Post by Dom »

zeek wrote:Don't bother reviewing my posts, you will not find what you're looking for.

Yes, I do think Dom might be bad. Not sure on Made.
k

When I voted for Azure, I was the second vote, I think. I don't like how the pile up has been after that at all. I think I want to change my vote, but I don't like how pedantic seek is being about his option. I liked SVS's reasoning much better, but I almost don't want to vote that option to spite zeek. :p
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

zeek wrote:Given one of these options relates directly to the Weeping Angels I'm willing to reassess my previous statement about the likelihood of the Valeyard being a character. He may just be a plot device and the three hidden roles are Weeping Angels. Although in their initial appearance it was a team of four. Something to consider.
Does Silence make sense to be the hidden roles? I mean if we were to know their existed, we wouldn't.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Listen, I've gone hard for this because we must do the right thing. If that puts some people off, thats a shame. Whatever you do now will look suspicious but do you want to vote for an option to help us or not?

linki - they do make sense, Made, but given one poll option relates to the Weeping Angels I would say they're more likely.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

*voted Alfava Metraxis* because reasons.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Chris wrote:*voted Alfava Metraxis* because reasons.
*changed vote* for other reasons
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 259

Post by Enrique »

Well, that's specific.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 83

Post by Black Rock »

I voted for Alzarious cause it's clearly winning and I have no better idea.
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

21 out of 30 votes is better, but still fairly bad. I'm going to end all the night stuff and get the correct PMs out, and then I'm going straight to bed. I have to be in at work at 3 in the morning, so if I missed something I apologize. Just send a PM to myself and bea and we will take care of it ASAP. Now here we go...
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Re: Who's Polls?

Night 1:

Which planet do you travel to?

Poll ended at Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:09 pm

Alfava Metraxis
No votes

Alzarius
S~V~S (2), MovingPictures07 (3), Epignosis (4), zeek (5), Hedgeowl (6), DFaraday (15), nijuukyugou (16), Enrique (18), Roxy (19), fingersplints (20), Made (21), Chris (22), Black Rock (23) 57%

Arkheon
Metalmarsh89 (12) 4%

Azure
Spacedaisy (8), Dom (9), sabie12 (10), Elohcin (11), Bullzeye (13), Bass_the_Clever (14), Mister Rearranger (17) 30%

Football sux. (Host/Dead/Mod/Non)
birdwithteeth11 (1), bea (7) 9%
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

birdwithteeth11 wrote:Night 1: Everybody Lives? Fantastic! No, Wait. Everybody Dies. :(

Amongst the deaths of a hosts, as well as River, there was much chaos and confusion amongst everyone involved. Many fingers were pointed and accusations made, but all agreed they were much too tired and would decide on further action in the morning. Some, however, would not come to see that next morning unfortunately.

One of the Daleks, restless at not having murdered any sentient non-Dalek beings for well over 24 hours, was thirsty for some blood. He snuck out of his waiting chamber late at night and was patrolling down a corridor, looking for something, anything to blast. The first few doors he tried were locked. The first door he managed to open, however, happened to have Turnip Head inside. Turnip Head's last unfortunate moment involved him being awoken by someone bashing down his door and crying out, "EX-TER-MIN-AAAAAAATE!"

The Dalek wasn't the only being still awake. The Master was lying in his bed, completely unable to sleep. A faint drumming noise he had been able to block out earlier had now increased in volume inside his head, and he couldn't ignore it anymore. As he descended into madness, he knew that only one thing would help calm him down. He too left his room and began wandering random corridors. In the thread today, dedicate one post to your hosts. Say something really nice about each of them! The first person he stumbled upon was Mister Rearranger, returning from a bathroom break. MR never noticed it as someone creeped up slowly behind him with a knife, as was literally torn to pieces from how fiercely his adversary hacked and slashed and stabbed. After all that was left was a bloody pile of goo, The Master simply stood there, with a great big, evil smile on his face. All he was concerned about was the fact that the drumming sound was gone.

The Doctor was awoke suddenly, and noticed his hands were glowing. He suddenly had an idea. A great idea in fact. But, would it work? Would he know who to trust? Of course he would, he thought to himself. I'm a bloody genius after all! Knowing his plans for the following day, he drifted off back to sleep, satisfied that he had a rather cunning plan to catch those dasterdly Daleks and Cybermen. And possibly find The Master.

Turnip Head has been killed by the Daleks
Mister Rearranger has been killed by The Master.

It is now Day 2. You have approximately 50 1/2 hours to decide who to lynch.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Re: Dr. Who Mafia! - Day 2

DO NOT POST UNTIL I GIVE PERMISSION!
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

You are now free to post. All PMs should have been sent. If you did not receive a PM, please let bea and myself know.

The contest entries will be submitted to a third party individual to judge them. Winners will be notified at the end of Day 2 as to what their prize is.

ALSO, you have until 11:30 EST on the 29th of September to vote for someone. I'm using it as a way to get the polls to a time that works much better for my schedule. Please try to vote by the time the poll ends if possible. But if that does not happen, then please bold your vote in the thread and color it red, and bea and I will count it.
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Mister Rearranger »

Ah would you look at the time, I'm dead! :rip:
We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

What the fuck with all these people missing votes? I love hosting and I have created many games, and it kills me when people don't participate. Granted, I don't know Dr. Who at all, just that it's some weird British mashup of Back to the Future and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

That's all I know.

Still, if you signed up, have some fucking respect, yes? birdwithteeth is a lazy sack of shit. He acts like he likes prog, but that's horsewithteeth shit. He likes Devin Townsend, who just smashes strings and makes ugly faces. Give this "host" something to do. Okay? Fucker doesn't even cut his hair. And bea drinks. A lot. Maybe more than me. Fail to vote this time, and I hope she smashes an empty vodka bottle over your head. And then draws a dick on your face.

God bless you two.

Voted Enrique. Not changing this time.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 158
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Epignosis wrote:What the fuck with all these people missing votes? I love hosting and I have created many games, and it kills me when people don't participate. Granted, I don't know Dr. Who at all, just that it's some weird British mashup of Back to the Future and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

That's all I know.

Still, if you signed up, have some fucking respect, yes? birdwithteeth is a lazy sack of shit. He acts like he likes prog, but that's horsewithteeth shit. He likes Devin Townsend, who just smashes strings and makes ugly faces. Give this "host" something to do. Okay? Fucker doesn't even cut his hair. And bea drinks. A lot. Maybe more than me. Fail to vote this time, and I hope she smashes an empty vodka bottle over your head. And then draws a dick on your face.

God bless you two.

Voted Enrique. Not changing this time.

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: Thanks! I needed that. Like a lot. I love that you leave the maybe in there.:p :haha: :haha: :haha:
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Ok - so I just got in from work! We got nailed today city wide with a HUGE rain storm that blew out power all over the city. So of course, when our equipment was failing left and right, my boss was late, there was an kid waiting in the lobby to be interviews, two drivers called in late and and a third one called off completely!! It's been a DAY.

Thank you so much to my super awesome co-host teefies for handling the night actions and post beautifully by himself. I'm going to take a shower then I'll be compiling all the contest entries so that I can send them to our third party judge. I have to say there were some truely SPECTACULAR entries. I'm pretty happy I don't have to judge this because I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to decide!! But the contest was well timed because kittahs and dr who in pictures together was literally the BEST part of my day. Thank you so much to everyone who entered!

If you have any lingering questions or worries about things that haven't been addressed, please shoot me a pm. I will be up for a bit yet and I'll even maybe be sober. Ish. :p Screw that Imma talkin' my sweetie into beer as soon as he walks in the door :p
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

bea wrote: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: Thanks! I needed that. Like a lot. I love that you leave the maybe in there.:p :haha: :haha: :haha:
You my sistah from anotha mistah. :srsnod:
Gotrees
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Gotrees »

Hi, sorry for missing the first day and night, I actually just finished reading it through all and it probably took a few hours in total. :(

The hosts are great, and I'm really sorry I didn't start contributing sooner. The stories and nicknames they come up with are very creative!

Anyway, I don't really have much to say right now that others haven't said earlier. Right now MP and Enri and zeek all seem fairly innocent to me, although zeek's insistence on going to a specific planet did seem a bit strange. At least if the planet ends up killing all civs or something we can probably assume he was evil.

New to the game: is it possible that one of the baddies has the power to silence someone for a day/night? MP has been pretty quiet lately.

Made wrote:I may be new, but i got furry.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

I have basically caught up right now. The one person who stood out to me the most was enrique. His posts read false to me. A few posts an amount of pages back kinda clinched it for me. My vote is likely going his way today.
ImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 93

Post by DFaraday »

Gotrees wrote:Hi, sorry for missing the first day and night, I actually just finished reading it through all and it probably took a few hours in total. :(

The hosts are great, and I'm really sorry I didn't start contributing sooner. The stories and nicknames they come up with are very creative!

Anyway, I don't really have much to say right now that others haven't said earlier. Right now MP and Enri and zeek all seem fairly innocent to me, although zeek's insistence on going to a specific planet did seem a bit strange. At least if the planet ends up killing all civs or something we can probably assume he was evil.

New to the game: is it possible that one of the baddies has the power to silence someone for a day/night? MP has been pretty quiet lately.

MP posted last night. I imagine he's just been busy. And I'm pretty sure Zeek had info; he was definitely implying it, if nothing else.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Spacedaisy »

Ok, that whole freaking night conversation went nutty after I voted. Which I don't think I commented on my planet vote so I will now. I don't know jack about Dr. Who. And no one had voted for Azure, so I thought, "what the heck, why not toss a vote there?" And I did. The end.

Now, as to my thoughts.... DFaraday's voting seemed weird. Why? Because I am fairly certain he is a big Dr. Who fan, so I can't see why he would have treated it in such an offhand manner. If I had been around to see that initial vote of his for Azure, I would have probably changed my vote based entirely upon that.

To zeek who bashed people for choosing Azure because they like the color blue... Come on man, if you know nothing about Dr. Who, you would be relying entirely on someone else's guidance for which option, which an possibly open you up to manipulation. So you can either choose randomly for whatever half ass reason you come up with (like I did) because you have no info and don't feel like trying to wrap your brain around the various Wikipedia descriptions of each planet, or you try to understand what the Whovians are saying about each one and hope you are not taking the advice of a Baddie. Six one way, half a dozen the other. If you don't like it and want to call me irresponsible, be my guest. Seems to be par for the course in this game.

I was surprised by the recently deceased. Not who I would have expected.

Bea, if I had a rum and coke right now I would totally drink to you because, you know, you're awesome and stuff. Even with a cactus stuck to your rear. And David, props to you for writing a post when you have to be up to be at work and three freaking o'clock in the morning. Love you guys!

Linki: BR which posts pinged you?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Attention!!! Attention!!! This just in:
K9 wrote:Doctor. I have received some confusing and contradictory information tonight. The Valeyard is a role. Epignosis is Jim The Fish. The Valeyard is not a role. This requires further analysis.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 93

Post by DFaraday »

Spacedaisy wrote:Ok, that whole freaking night conversation went nutty after I voted. Which I don't think I commented on my planet vote so I will now. I don't know jack about Dr. Who. And no one had voted for Azure, so I thought, "what the heck, why not toss a vote there?" And I did. The end.

Now, as to my thoughts.... DFaraday's voting seemed weird. Why? Because I am fairly certain he is a big Dr. Who fan, so I can't see why he would have treated it in such an offhand manner. If I had been around to see that initial vote of his for Azure, I would have probably changed my vote based entirely upon that.

To zeek who bashed people for choosing Azure because they like the color blue... Come on man, if you know nothing about Dr. Who, you would be relying entirely on someone else's guidance for which option, which an possibly open you up to manipulation. So you can either choose randomly for whatever half ass reason you come up with (like I did) because you have no info and don't feel like trying to wrap your brain around the various Wikipedia descriptions of each planet, or you try to understand what the Whovians are saying about each one and hope you are not taking the advice of a Baddie. Six one way, half a dozen the other. If you don't like it and want to call me irresponsible, be my guest. Seems to be par for the course in this game.

Bea, if I had a rum and coke right now I would totally drink to you because, you know, you're awesome and stuff. Even with a cactus stuck to your rear. And David, props to you for writing a post when you have to be up to be at work and three freaking o'clock in the morning. Love you guys!

I am a big Doctor Who fan, but as I explained earlier, I don't like to overthink night polls because I often suspect hosts of mixing up the respective outcomes to be something different than the obvious results.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Gotrees
Stool Pigeon

Post by Gotrees »

Jim The Fish!

I love Jim The Fish.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Spacedaisy wrote:Ok, that whole freaking night conversation went nutty after I voted. Which I don't think I commented on my planet vote so I will now. I don't know jack about Dr. Who. And no one had voted for Azure, so I thought, "what the heck, why not toss a vote there?" And I did. The end.

I will find them. I'm posting from my phone right now so bear with me. I might only be able to quote one and tell you the page number as I have no idea how to copy and paste on this phone, also no multi-window.
ImageImage
Gotrees
Stool Pigeon

Post by Gotrees »

Black Rock wrote:I have basically caught up right now. The one person who stood out to me the most was enrique. His posts read false to me. A few posts an amount of pages back kinda clinched it for me. My vote is likely going his way today.
One thing I noticed on Enrique was that he and Dana seemed to be backing each other up a lot early on (Day 0?).

I know they know each other pretty well outside of mafia, so I just attributed it to that, but it might still be worth mentioning/looking into.

Otherwise Dana doesn't seem to have done anything very mafia-like, as far as I can tell.

Return to “Previous Jobs”