Okay, that's a bit more than I got out of "mostly", so that helps. :p
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 203
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: Clue: The Movie [Night 2]

Post by Tangrowth »

Blooper, what do you think of Epig this game?
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 93

Post by thellama73 »

Public Service Announcement: If you'll consult either the first page in the thread or your role PMs, you'll find that I have gone to trouble to give you night powers to aid in your ability to win the game.

Now, I do not want to tell anyone what to do. I'm not that sort of guy. But I just want to remind you that actually using some of those night powers may be advantageous, and at the very least would fill my lonely inbox.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Canucklehead »

I am a giant failure at this game. :( Three games is too much for me, but I just reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreally wanted to play!

I've skimmed through the last few pages, but if someone wants to give me a summary of what went down this last lynch I would be very grateful! :insertpuppydogeyessmileyhere:
I promise I will try and not be an asshole anymore and actually play now. For realzies.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

nijuukyugou wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Mostly?
Indeed. Like, 99% sure.
Oh ok thank you.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 60
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Canucklehead wrote:I am a giant failure at this game. :( Three games is too much for me, but I just reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreally wanted to play!

I've skimmed through the last few pages, but if someone wants to give me a summary of what went down this last lynch I would be very grateful! :insertpuppydogeyessmileyhere:
I promise I will try and not be an asshole anymore and actually play now. For realzies.
Welcome back to us! I totally understand the feeling, and I thought TWO games was a lot :hug:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Blooper, what do you think of Epig this game?
I'm never sure about him. Ever. But the whole death-resurrect thing that happened makes it seem like he's Civ, by the sheer numbers (could be Boddy, too, but again, numbers). I think mentioned that a little while back, too. Sooooo...at the moment, I'm not looking at him closely, but I always keep an eye that slippery fish :P
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

*I think SOMONE mentioned that. Jesus. I can't type apparently.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

SOMEONE*

I give up.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

nijuukyugou wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Blooper, what do you think of Epig this game?
I'm never sure about him. Ever. But the whole death-resurrect thing that happened makes it seem like he's Civ, by the sheer numbers (could be Boddy, too, but again, numbers). I think mentioned that a little while back, too. Sooooo...at the moment, I'm not looking at him closely, but I always keep an eye that slippery fish :P
Makes sense.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 77
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Hedgeowl wrote:
nijuukyugou wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
nijuukyugou wrote:RIP SVS! :(

Wow. Did NOT realize people were gonna come after me like that. MP, you're even pointing out the weirdness that these people suddenly come out the woodwork to "agree" with you and muddling the so-called facts (e.g., saying I voted for sabie "at the end." No. Did not happen. I voted for her third out of five people, after discussing and logically changing my mind, with plenty of time to save her had she been my teammate. I'm tired of repeating myself). What are you thinking now, Mr. Sock?

Hedge, you point out my MR vote, and I'll be honest - I forgot about sabie voting for MR in the first poll and didn't think that through when I was posting earlier (I had just spent an hour and half catching up with DW and was both a little brain-dead and needing to leave by 7 to be where I needed to be tonight on time. Excuses, excuses). However, I stand by thinking his behavior/voting patterns have been suspicious and blendy - he voted Epi with no explanation Day 1, then seems inclined to agree and vote with Epi for SVS, then turns around and votes Canuck with no previous inclination towards her, nor an explanation of his own to back it up. Perhaps he's busy. Perhaps he's playing an unconventional baddie game as his teammate votes for him. Perhaps he's Boddy. But he's definitely acting suspicious.

Oh, y'all should totally come to Raeford. It's an experience. I'll make gnocchi for everyone!
I hope I survive long enough to think about this and see what others have to say, as well as look at others, too. Also, voting gnocchi because I made a batch last week and it. Was. AWESOME.
Yeah, the fact that people followed me was strange, the fact that they were getting the facts wrong was even stranger. Civvies not paying attention or baddies looking to slide by?

What I'm thinking now is that I don't believe you're bad, and that I look forward to hunting alongside you again, assuming we both survive the night. :)

What did you think of the votes made against you? Like, does any of them stick out as particularly suspicious? I have my thoughts, but curious to see if you agree.
Personally, I think Bass's vote was stranger for getting the facts "mixed up," and then when it was indicated that no, I didn't "hop on" in the end as stated, (s)he (sorry Bass, I'm not sure of your gender :blush: ) waffled back and said "oh no, those other votes that were REALLY at the end were strange, too!" Seems like a way to rouse more suspicion for me while being able to easily double back if (s)he's wrong. What are you thinking?
It was, but Bass voted first for sabie, so unless he thought she would be safe it was a ballsy move. Mongoose would be the other possiblity as she did not vote sabie, but i have a terrible time reading her and shes been pretty busy recently.

Thank you for explaining your MR vote. I was shocked when SVS voted him again as well, but considering she was civ and sabie didnt follow her vote, maybe just forgetful as well. Idk. MR seems like the least likely candidate in my book, so i dont get the continued suspicion there at all.
I lilke Hedgebowl' s tjhouhts here.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Preparing Day post now.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Re: Clue: The Movie [Day 3]

Post by thellama73 »

Everyone ate and had a lovely meal.

"That sure was a yum yum" said Mongoose in stilted language only suitable for a child.

"I liked the part where we had food" said Canucklehead.

"Not me. I want to lynch everyone now" said someone else, I'm not sure who.

Very well, wish granted. Lynch someone.

No one has died.
It is now Day 3. You have 24 hours to lynch a fiendish fiend.

thellama73
Supatown

Re: Clue: the Movie [POLLS]

Post by thellama73 »

What will you dig in to first?

Poll ended at Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:23:22 pm

Corned beef nachos
MovingPictures07 (9), Mister Rearranger (12), kevin (13)
21%

Gnocchi with brown butter sage sauce
Hedgeowl (4), Bass_the_Clever (5), Boogs (6), kpence (7), nijuukyugou (8), Elohcin (10)
43%

Anisette cookies
Epignosis (2), Mongoose (3)
14%

My napkin (Host/Mod/Dead/Non)
thellama73 (1), Made (11), sabie12 (14)
21%

Total votes : 14

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 200

Post by Epignosis »

This result confirms some things for me.

I also have a few people I can trust.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

It looked like Hedgeowl wanted to say something but now she doesn't.
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 63

Post by Mister Rearranger »

I need a hangover to think this over.

Still looking at early non-participants though, especially after the previous lynch-fail.
We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.

Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 77
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Epignosis wrote:It looked like Hedgeowl wanted to say something but now she doesn't.
How do you know? Was she lurking?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Interesting. What are you thinking, Epig?

Personally, I'm wondering whether the kill fail last night was a result of no activity or it was just blocked.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

Epignosis wrote:This result confirms some things for me.

I also have a few people I can trust.
Anything you're able to share? Because this also result also makes me wonder some things.

I wish more people would speak, dangit! Now I know why you more talkative people get frustrated sometimes :P
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

The lack of a kill was not unexpected. With Scarlet out, her kill doesn't exist anymore.

Yes, I too am frustrated that hardly anyone is speaking.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:The lack of a kill was not unexpected. With Scarlet out, her kill doesn't exist anymore.

Oh, duh, that makes sense.

What do you think of Elo this game?
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Well I would like to point out that ninja said she was only 99% sure how she survied the lynch. I think if it was because of her role she would be 100% sure. I will be most likley voting ninja.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 45

Post by Hedgeowl »

Epignosis wrote:It looked like Hedgeowl wanted to say something but now she doesn't.
I was about to post last but then the baby woke up. The no kill would seem expected like Epi said, but I am also curious about some of very absent peeps like Kevin and kpence.

our internet is down and we are trying to fix it, but playing from phone now and won't be around much until fixed.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

Bass_the_Clever wrote:Well I would like to point out that ninja said she was only 99% sure how she survied the lynch. I think if it was because of her role she would be 100% sure. I will be most likley voting ninja.
I don't really get this reasoning when reviewing the roles.

I feel like she'd also be 100% sure if she was bad and it wasn't a role-related thing. :shrug:

At this point, I'm torn between Canuck, Kevin, and (remotely in the realm of possibility) kp.

Here's a gif:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:Well I would like to point out that ninja said she was only 99% sure how she survied the lynch. I think if it was because of her role she would be 100% sure. I will be most likley voting ninja.
Or you can outline the alternate scenarios in which she survived the lynch. That wasn't just a survival. That was a switch.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:The lack of a kill was not unexpected. With Scarlet out, her kill doesn't exist anymore.

It makes me wonder why you don't know this. Wadsworth kills first. Scarlet second. Peacock third.

You make incredibly complicated games. I don't understand why you don't get something that simple.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Epignosis wrote:
Or you can outline the alternate scenarios in which she survived the lynch. That wasn't just a survival. That was a switch.
well first guess would be that some roles might have secrets because why wouldnt she just use a stop instead of the switch?? it would still save her .
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

It makes me wonder why you don't know this. Wadsworth kills first. Scarlet second. Peacock third.

You make incredibly complicated games. I don't understand why you don't get something that simple.
Are you kidding? It doesn't even say in the roles which role kills first, it just lists them in a row. And I was in this thread for like 15 seconds, saw the results, and immediately thought, why no NK? The thought that Mrs. Scarlet was gone and that this past night was her kill night didn't even strike my mind until I came back into the thread and saw you mention it. I couldn't even tell you what most of the role powers are this game off the top of my head.

Now can you stop chastising me and answer my question for once?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
well first guess would be that some roles might have secrets because why wouldnt she just use a stop instead of the switch?? it would still save her .
No roles have secrets listed. And I would always use a switch before a stop.

Addendum: Angry MP. That's a reaction I didn't expect.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Sorry, I'm just agitated at the fact that I wasn't paying attention and that you flat out ignored my question.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

And why would you always use a switch before a stop, out of curiosity? Because I'd do the opposite.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Sorry, I'm just agitated at the fact that I wasn't paying attention and that you flat out ignored my question.
That's okay. I've been going back and forth about you. Were I bad in this game, I would not burn a teammate. But you would. You've done those things in the past. I am trying to decide if sabie was your gambit.

As for Eloh, she could be bad. I don't know. I don't think she gives a shit about Mafia right now.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:And why would you always use a switch before a stop, out of curiosity? Because I'd do the opposite.
Stops give everyone else information. Switches give YOU information.
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

We could always lynch Epi since I'm fairly sure he's gotta go eventually. :p

But if the kills work in the way he theorizes they do, I'd advocate getting rid of at least 1 more baddie first.

We've gotta think though: If 2 of the team die, is there only a kill once every 3 nights? Does the LMS inherit any kills? Things to think about...

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

That's okay. I've been going back and forth about you. Were I bad in this game, I would not burn a teammate. But you would. You've done those things in the past. I am trying to decide if sabie was your gambit.

As for Eloh, she could be bad. I don't know. I don't think she gives a shit about Mafia right now.
Understandable. I was honestly surprised you didn't mention that earlier given I tend to steamroll teammates, but I don't think Sabie would have found herself in that position if I were her teammate since I was clearly incredibly active during that entire time period.

Fair enough, I just was curious if you had any specific read on her, since you typically do.

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:And why would you always use a switch before a stop, out of curiosity? Because I'd do the opposite.
Stops give everyone else information. Switches give YOU information.
Hmmm, good point. I guess I'd just be afraid to use switches as a civvie because I wouldn't want to lynch another civvie, but I suppose it'd be inevitable, and I can't even remember the last time I had a civvie stop/switch role anyway...

Mister Rearranger wrote:We could always lynch Epi since I'm fairly sure he's gotta go eventually. :p

But if the kills work in the way he theorizes they do, I'd advocate getting rid of at least 1 more baddie first.

We've gotta think though: If 2 of the team die, is there only a kill once every 3 nights? Does the LMS inherit any kills? Things to think about...
Wait, why lynch Epi?

I'd say there's nothing to think about regarding the Mr. Boddy role until we see evidence of it. Until then, I'm going to assume it's relatively harmless in the fact that it doesn't kill and doesn't say "secrets" by it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Honestly, I wish I had better reads on everyone right now; I feel I haven't been paying much attention to this game since the D1 lynch, but it could just be that some people haven't contributed much too.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Give me 30 minutes to think about things. My head has been in Baltimore slaughtering Carolina and then me losing D&D and then me fucking up chili.

I need some clarity.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sounds good. Yeah, I've been distracted by PhD work since I spent Friday goofing off mafiaing most of the day, but I'll make some time before the poll ends to concentrate fully on this game and maybe re-read some folks (shouldn't take long anyway, I would think).

I look forward to your thoughts.
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

MovingPictures07 wrote: Wait, why lynch Epi?

I'd say there's nothing to think about regarding the Mr. Boddy role until we see evidence of it. Until then, I'm going to assume it's relatively harmless in the fact that it doesn't kill and doesn't say "secrets" by it.
To address both lines:

The LMS can't win with the civs. :shrug:

Like I said though (and in agreement with you), the priority shouldn't be on figuring out anything about Mr. Boddy quite yet.

How do you feel about Canuck this game? I know she's checked in and said she's busy/struggling to get into the game, but the way Day 1 went down leads me to believe that sabie's team hasn't been all that active to begin with.

Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

Ftr: My opinion about Epi possibly being bad have to do with his survival, and the way he's interacted with certain parties whose votes seemed like they could have been forced.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Sounds good. Yeah, I've been distracted by PhD work since I spent Friday goofing off mafiaing most of the day, but I'll make some time before the poll ends to concentrate fully on this game and maybe re-read some folks (shouldn't take long anyway, I would think).

Believe it or not, I made a goddamned spreadsheet. This IS Clue. :llama:
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Sounds good. Yeah, I've been distracted by PhD work since I spent Friday goofing off mafiaing most of the day, but I'll make some time before the poll ends to concentrate fully on this game and maybe re-read some folks (shouldn't take long anyway, I would think).

Shouldn't you have made a game board then? :confused:

Sidenote: I'm actually in the process of making a game board irl. It's not a particularly sane project to take on if you're not into measuring and cutting precise lines (which I'm not...).

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:

I should have, but I am working on a colossal spreadsheet for my Empirical Accounting Research class, so I have enough of that to keep me busy. :p

Mister Rearranger wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote: Wait, why lynch Epi?

To address both lines:

The LMS can't win with the civs. :shrug:

Like I said though (and in agreement with you), the priority shouldn't be on figuring out anything about Mr. Boddy quite yet.

How do you feel about Canuck this game? I know she's checked in and said she's busy/struggling to get into the game, but the way Day 1 went down leads me to believe that sabie's team hasn't been all that active to begin with.
Makes sense.

She's been incredibly inactive... she definitely could fit the bill. I could see a vote going that way, or to kpence or Kevin since they aren't playing either.

I kind of dislike to flat out lynch nonparticipants, but what else are you going to do? Especially since the situation with Sabie heavily implies nonparticipants on the baddie team. And it is Day 3.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I'm going out for a while. Just a reminder that those who don't vote in the lynch poll, don't get to use their night powers. If you want to use your night power, please vote in the lynch poll.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Mister Rearranger wrote:Ftr: My opinion about Epi possibly being bad have to do with his survival, and the way he's interacted with certain parties whose votes seemed like they could have been forced.
If you choose to lynch me, them boo has some words for you.

Making my roux for my chili (yeah, I AM making a roux for a chicken white chili). But I will be back with some analysis.
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

Epignosis wrote: Making my roux for my chili (yeah, I AM making a roux for a chicken white chili).
Will it be...

...bulletproof?

Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

well we dont even know if the indie has a kill yet or not so why worry about epig ?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:well we dont even know if the indie has a kill yet or not so why worry about epig ?
Oh ffs.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Epignosis wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:well we dont even know if the indie has a kill yet or not so why worry about epig ?
Oh ffs.
well I wouldnt know how to be the last man standing without a kill.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”