Coffia (Coffee Mafia) [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Do you prefer drip, french press, or percolated?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:00 pm

alexa (467)
8%
Gira (330)
15%
Lime Coke (352)
15%
staypositivefriend (389)
No votes
TonyStarkPrime (160)
8%
Marmot (Marmot) (Dead/Host/Mod/Non)
54%

Total votes: 13
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 345
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Coffia (Coffee Mafia) [DAY 1]

Post by staypositivefriend »

Esooa wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:40 pm omg nanooks posts are SO BAD loool
really? i thought his posts on this page were townier than anything else he's posted all game lol

like maybe not outside of his wolfrange but definitely not something i would consider "bad" - the only part of it that raises my eyebrows is the townread on gira, because i dont really get how nanook got there
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 303
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

SPF town....
Spoiler: show
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Lime Coke wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:01 pm SPF town....
what changed your mind?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 200

Post by MacDougall »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:45 pm Anon Scyther game was the towniest you’ve ever been
I was no more towny there than here. I just got obvious because I pushed all the wolves. My day 1 here is practically the same tbh.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:59 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:58 pm
alexa wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:22 pm i don't care enough about the town pings i had on wilgy to defend the read, they had a couple good posts but i wolfread them earlier and their read on me and how they're interacting with me is weird, same with finger
this might not be fair for me to say but i feel like youre kind of rushing to concede to mac's solve in this post? i don't really think it makes you wolfy and it actually might be towny for you to shift your reads so easily, but saying: "jk, my townreads on wilgy and fingersplints were fake, actually" immediately after mac wolfreads them is really odd timing
actually the more i think about it, this is probably a towntell for alexa, because i think she would care about mac's reads and feel influenced by them as a villager but probably wouldnt feel as obligated to care if she was wolfing
Imo it just makes them not partnered
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:01 pm
what changed your mind?
Just your recent string of posts and re-thinking things which look like normal town thought processes from you and per usual "taking stances" that I was mentioning earlier.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Bbiab try not to miss me too much
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gira
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 276

Post by Gira »

might continue to not have opinions just to be annoying
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Gonna be kicking myself if you are mafia and I let you go, but at this rate I can't confidently call you mafia.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:00 pm
really? i thought his posts on this page were townier than anything else he's posted all game lol

like maybe not outside of his wolfrange but definitely not something i would consider "bad" - the only part of it that raises my eyebrows is the townread on gira, because i dont really get how nanook got there
esooa is mafia

people just like her so they don't want to ever push her

what's your read on her? has she done anything particularly town?
alexa
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 427
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by alexa »

alexa wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:22 pm i don't care enough about the town pings i had on wilgy to defend the read, they had a couple good posts but i wolfread them earlier and their read on me and how they're interacting with me is weird, same with finger
this might not be fair for me to say but i feel like youre kind of rushing to concede to mac's solve in this post? i don't really think it makes you wolfy and it actually might be towny for you to shift your reads so easily, but saying: "jk, my townreads on wilgy and fingersplints were fake, actually" immediately after mac wolfreads them is really odd timing
mac can wild out, but nook agrees too - nook has pretty accurate reads as town and busses as wolf from what i've seen so that helps. also, this doesn't feel like a bus to me from nook because there's like.. no interaction? if it was W/W i'd expect them to theater it in some way like he did with luckbox but it feels like nook calling wilgy a wolf then wilgy just kinda avoiding him

when there's people i'm less familiar with but who frequent the syndicate a lot (like wilgy/finger in this scenario, but this applies to any game when i'm not as familiar with some people as others), i tend to let others' i townread or respect read them. i had a couple small town pings but my strong townreads are LC/illario/dizzy/Mac/esooa (though if Wilgy is W, i wouldn't feel as great about the esooa read, would probably replace with nook)

plus it doesn't hurt that i was the first (?) one to scumread him and i thought his earlier posting was wolfy

anyways bbl in 2 hours im capped
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

normally i'd give credence to spf wanting me to do things when i'm being laid back as a towntell but just recently misread someone for having that approach on me, so meh
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 69

Post by DrWilgy »

Oh neat. My wagon has Alexa, Nook, Mac, Dizzy and a confused LC.

Seems dirty.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

i think dizzy is probably town now so that's something
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

lime mac dizzy falcon town in order of confidence
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 69

Post by DrWilgy »

Still think it's [VOTE: Alexa] aubergine
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

(dizzy's not playing in a waythat's remotely advantageous to him as scum right now)
staypositivefriend
Hitman

MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:07 pm

esooa is mafia

i townlean her, mostly because:
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:33 pm fwiw i dont really agree that esooa is obvious town and i think that she's still within her wolfrange (that might just be because ive gotten fooled by her before and im more naturally paranoid about misreading her) but i do agree that her posts over the last page or two are pretty towny - mostly cause i feel like she's playing aimlessly and reactively and she tends to have a specific agenda or path she wants to circle back to as a wolf
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:39 pm oh also, i mindmelded with esooa about a specific fingersplints posting being towny within the same ~60 seconds, and i know that mindmelds are easily fakeable by wolves (cause they can use their TMI to point out towny posts pretty easily), but i thought the specific timing of our mindmeld was >rand likely to make her town
i dont think these are concrete reasons to townread esooa, but in the absence of reasons to wolfread her, im not really interested in voting for her. do you have any reasons to wolfread her that arent related to unflipped partner associations?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Lime Coke wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:04 pm
what changed your mind?
Just your recent string of posts and re-thinking things which look like normal town thought processes from you and per usual "taking stances" that I was mentioning earlier.
another successful pocket :P
staypositivefriend
Hitman

alexa wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:08 pm
mac can wild out, but nook agrees too - nook has pretty accurate reads as town and busses as wolf from what i've seen so that helps. also, this doesn't feel like a bus to me from nook because there's like.. no interaction? if it was W/W i'd expect them to theater it in some way like he did with luckbox but it feels like nook calling wilgy a wolf then wilgy just kinda avoiding him

when there's people i'm less familiar with but who frequent the syndicate a lot (like wilgy/finger in this scenario, but this applies to any game when i'm not as familiar with some people as others), i tend to let others' i townread or respect read them. i had a couple small town pings but my strong townreads are LC/illario/dizzy/Mac/esooa (though if Wilgy is W, i wouldn't feel as great about the esooa read, would probably replace with nook)

plus it doesn't hurt that i was the first (?) one to scumread him and i thought his earlier posting was wolfy

yeah alright, i thought that it was weird that you were changing your positioning in such a blatant way but i think it makes sense for you to want to take mac/nook's reads into consideration and i think the way youve gone about doing it is actually town indicative for you, so i dont really have any more questions about it
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:19 pm
what changed your mind?
😑

[VOTE: SPF] aubergine
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Gira wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:08 pm normally i'd give credence to spf wanting me to do things when i'm being laid back as a towntell but just recently misread someone for having that approach on me, so meh
you being laid back felt less like a decision that you consciously made at the beginning of the game and more like a decision that you were forced into based on your struggles to get into the game, though
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

That was fake my vote is still on Wilgy.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Lime Coke wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:20 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:19 pm
what changed your mind?
😑

[VOTE: SPF] aubergine
i deserved that honestly
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

i reread ilario's iso and think he's mafia

there's a lot of questioning people and making statements along the lines of "not sure i see it" or agreeing with what other people say but not much in the way of actually taking definitive stances or pushing on anyone, just some soft townreads

granted i haven't been reading games well at all lately but that's what i see looking at him
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:21 pm
Gira wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:08 pm normally i'd give credence to spf wanting me to do things when i'm being laid back as a towntell but just recently misread someone for having that approach on me, so meh
you being laid back felt less like a decision that you consciously made at the beginning of the game and more like a decision that you were forced into based on your struggles to get into the game, though
idon't even really think i've been that laid back though, i was following along fine yseterday, found myself without a concrete worldview today which is trivial to fake), cam home early, passed out, and am only getting around to reading up now

somewhat disappointed you don't seem to understand how i play if you're town but meh
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

@Gira

Do you have any thoughts on Wilgy currently?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:18 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:07 pm

esooa is mafia

i townlean her, mostly because:
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:33 pm fwiw i dont really agree that esooa is obvious town and i think that she's still within her wolfrange (that might just be because ive gotten fooled by her before and im more naturally paranoid about misreading her) but i do agree that her posts over the last page or two are pretty towny - mostly cause i feel like she's playing aimlessly and reactively and she tends to have a specific agenda or path she wants to circle back to as a wolf
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:39 pm oh also, i mindmelded with esooa about a specific fingersplints posting being towny within the same ~60 seconds, and i know that mindmelds are easily fakeable by wolves (cause they can use their TMI to point out towny posts pretty easily), but i thought the specific timing of our mindmeld was >rand likely to make her town
i dont think these are concrete reasons to townread esooa, but in the absence of reasons to wolfread her, im not really interested in voting for her. do you have any reasons to wolfread her that arent related to unflipped partner associations?
yes I think nook is obvious town and her pushing him was fake
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

"Wilgy" got auto corrected to "Wolfy" on my phone and I'm taking that as a sign.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

alexa wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:08 pm

nanook doesn't bus
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Gira wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:27 pm
idon't even really think i've been that laid back though, i was following along fine yseterday, found myself without a concrete worldview today which is trivial to fake), cam home early, passed out, and am only getting around to reading up now

somewhat disappointed you don't seem to understand how i play if you're town but meh
how would you describe playing in a "laid back" way if it isn't not having a coherent worldview and not being caught up with the game? fwiw i don't even think it's wolfy for you to be playing in a "laid back way", i just feel that your struggle to really get invested in this game could be related to your alignment, because even the posts that you made yesterday while you were following along with the game felt kind of strained to me, and like you didn't know what angles to take

for example, you just said that you think ilario is a wolf because he "isn't taking stances", but wouldn't you argue that the same thing applies to how you're playing in this game? why is it wolfy specifically for ilario to not take many concrete stances but not wolfy for you to take many concrete stances?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

also i dont really agree that it would be "trivially easy" to fake a concrete worldview in this game, because this game is full of extremely strong players that are generally extremely difficult to push on. i imagine that most wolves would be floundering in this position and keeping their cards close to their chest, or they would just be making a couple of townreads but not really making any effort to push on people or assert their reads, all of which aligns with how youve been playing
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

i actually might be okay with fingsplints as town after thinking on it but it's a low confidence read
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 174
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

okay well his town reads at that point were LC/Alexa (literally non-reads) and then throwing in Gira for random bullshit reasons, while ignoring actually doing anything. And he pushed Wilgy when Wilgy was posted towny stuff. And his read on Mac/Myself is bullshit just thrown out to throw stuff out, no one itg goes "Mac scum read Esooa once so they're not w/w and I'm gonna say a wolf in there" etc
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

Lime Coke wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:31 pm @Gira

Do you have any thoughts on Wilgy currently?
i was going to make a comment on that, i don't really have an opinion of wilgy or nanook and would probably just sheep mac on them
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

I MIGHT need to see something before making a judgment call...but I'm not revealing what it is until the time is right.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

man I have no interest in an inpending EoD where Mac is going to fling shit around and it happens to be directed at me, I would just ask him about his read but I know I'll get nothing out of him

I'm gonna just go, Wilgy reads are super blatantly bad in this thread
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Esooa wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:38 pm man I have no interest in an inpending EoD where Mac is going to fling shit around and it happens to be directed at me, I would just ask him about his read but I know I'll get nothing out of him

do u mind explaining why you think wilgy is town?
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:39 pm
Esooa wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:38 pm man I have no interest in an inpending EoD where Mac is going to fling shit around and it happens to be directed at me, I would just ask him about his read but I know I'll get nothing out of him

ask someone why his posting is wolfy
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

his biggest two pushers, Mac and Nook haven't written a single word on it, which is pretty pathetic in it's own right
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:33 pm

how would you describe playing in a "laid back" way if it isn't not having a coherent worldview and not being caught up with the game? fwiw i don't even think it's wolfy for you to be playing in a "laid back way", i just feel that your struggle to really get invested in this game could be related to your alignment, because even the posts that you made yesterday while you were following along with the game felt kind of strained to me, and like you didn't know what angles to take

for example, you just said that you think ilario is a wolf because he "isn't taking stances", but wouldn't you argue that the same thing applies to how you're playing in this game? why is it wolfy specifically for ilario to not take many concrete stances but not wolfy for you to take many concrete stances?
i think i've taken stances and have made an effort to read people even if i've been reserved in throwing out my judgments because i feel having a slam dunk scum read on day 1 is going to be unlikely

i also think this conversation is probably not going to go anywhere useful
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Esooa wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:40 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:39 pm

ask someone why his posting is wolfy
well i already did and nobody answered me, so that's why im asking on the other end of the spectrum lol
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:25 pm
Esooa wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:49 pm nanook is outed mafia he's pushing towny wilgy who is an easy person to kill because he realizes that he flew too close to the sun with doing literally nothing this day that is useful as a wolf and now needs an out which is Wilgy easy push
Eh... Idk I don't think wolf nook pushes for me when they could've just as easily pushed Mac or FS.

I still think wolf nook resolves later.
not posting for self pres(opposite of nanook)
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Gira wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:41 pm

i think i've taken stances and have made an effort to read people even if i've been reserved in throwing out my judgments because i feel having a slam dunk scum read on day 1 is going to be unlikely

do you think the same thing doesnt apply to ilario, though? just from memory i can recall him naming multiple players as "innocent childs" a few pages back and implying theyre basically confirmed town, so i don't really understand why your read on him is: "he isn't taking stances" and i would find it helpful if you elaborated
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

I just opened a dota game so I'm not typing more and intend to not return
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

@Esooa I don't think Wilgy is as scummy as your reaction to Nanook pushing him tbh. Hence why I voted you and not him. I didn't think Nanook was town for the quality of his reads or his push on Wilgy. I felt he was just in his town meta and it was quite clear to me. Your reaction to him was like an anti mind meld that quickly created sound worldview when I thought about your meta.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:44 pm @Esooa I don't think Wilgy is as scummy as your reaction to Nanook pushing him tbh. Hence why I voted you and not him. I didn't think Nanook was town for the quality of his reads or his push on Wilgy. I felt he was just in his town meta and it was quite clear to me. Your reaction to him was like an anti mind meld that quickly created sound worldview when I thought about your meta.
Wilgy was being towny and nanook has done literally nothing and then Nanook made a wolf read on the easiest ML in the thread and everyone else was agreeing because it's easy to do shit like that so I fought against it. Simple as dirt and you've seen me do it 100s of times.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I also can see you being mafia and Wilgy being town and using Nanook's bad push on Wilgy to push Nanook.

I rank both these likelihoods higher than you being town.
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:43 pm
Gira wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:41 pm

do you think the same thing doesnt apply to ilario, though? just from memory i can recall him naming multiple players as "innocent childs" a few pages back and implying theyre basically confirmed town, so i don't really understand why your read on him is: "he isn't taking stances" and i would find it helpful if you elaborated
i don't think he looks like someone who is concerned with trying to solve the game
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Esooa wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:44 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:44 pm @Esooa I don't think Wilgy is as scummy as your reaction to Nanook pushing him tbh. Hence why I voted you and not him. I didn't think Nanook was town for the quality of his reads or his push on Wilgy. I felt he was just in his town meta and it was quite clear to me. Your reaction to him was like an anti mind meld that quickly created sound worldview when I thought about your meta.
Wilgy was being towny and nanook has done literally nothing and then Nanook made a wolf read on the easiest ML in the thread and everyone else was agreeing because it's easy to do shit like that so I fought against it. Simple as dirt and you've seen me do it 100s of times.
I remember calling Wilgy a d1 mislynch in waiting in a game in which you were town not so long ago and you called it a meme.

Return to “Previous Heists”