Dr. Who Mafia - Night 12

Moderator: Community Team

24 Hour Days?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Yes
61%
No
No votes
Votes in this poll are non-changable! (host/non/mod/dead)
39%

Total votes: 18
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 106
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Re: Dr. Who Mafia - Night 3

Post by Roxy »

MP - could you have come to the conclusion that daisy is not bad bc you gave the suspicion time to be answered and questioned by daisy and others?

If you are honest with yourself the answer should be yes.

All I am asking is that you don't go off half cocked near a lynch end and vote like this again. Ofc unless someones says I am bad vote for me. 
;)
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 158
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Chris wrote:
bea wrote:
Chris wrote:HOSTS: Does anyone have any info on the current poll?

I do. :D Does that help? :D
:mad:

HOSTS: Do any players of this game have any information about the current poll?

Christ, I feel like I'm wording a genie wish in D&D...

XD I thought it'd be obvious by the poll itself, but I was just goofing off. This poll is just a placeholder.

Better?
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Yes, very much so.

Thank you oh so very much!
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Ooopsie I voted for Bea is a smartass :p
;)
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 339
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Ha ha, I just posted this in the Polls thread. :blush: :blush: :blush:

If Made isn't bad, then the theory that the Snow Dog voters are bad goes away. The baddies aren't going to pile on to one of two lead-vote-getters for no reason. Why would they do that? Why not just vote around, early, late, like everyone else? Made has to be a baddie to make this look at Snow Dog voters make sense.

Ergo, if you want to pursue this course of action, the only sensible vote is for Made.

I think that makes sense, let me know if it doesn't.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 339
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

OH yeah, and Epig... sorry for voting for you. It was just one little vote, I didn't know you'd get railroaded like that. :noble:
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 158
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Roxy wrote:Ooopsie I voted for Bea is a smartass :p

:eye: Someone's itchin' for a Mod Kill.......

(Though I suppose it makes up for all the times I shouted BURN HER!!! BURN THE WITCH!!! when Rox posted in Python. In my defense, she turned MM into a newt and he did NOT get better.)
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

:haha:
<3
;)
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 407

Post by Dom »

S~V~S wrote: I still think Daisy is bad (and look forward to people explaining to me why they think she is civ, I have an open mind), but am more than willing to look in Mades direction tomorrow. Then, depending on how that goes, we can look at the Snowy voters.

That was a horrible result, and the fact that it was so obvious made it even more horrible :(
SVS, I don't believe you ever commented directly on my suspicion of Made, so when it's day time I would love to hear your thoughts.
keys56000000000 wrote:
And Dom, the word "exactly" is an adverb used to confirm accuracy.
+
MovingPictures07 wrote:I guess we just don't know though, so whatever, I'm just really afraid of the possibility that Made is also not bad and we're headed up the wrong tree AGAIN.

But if any of the Snow Dog voters is bad, I'm willing to bet there's a baddie in Enrique, Made, or Metalmarsh. So... I guess we can't know for sure until we lynch one of them. :shrug:
MP, you have allowed yourself to be paralyzed and debilitated by decision making this game-- moreso than I have seen you do in the past. I can't help but wonder if it's on purpose.
zeek wrote:I gave Snow Dog a chance to respond and he didn't. Of all his voters I am the only one who did that.
This reeks.
MovingPictures07 wrote:zeek, I'm not talking about ties. I specifically do NOT want a tie. I am only proposing we keep most of the votes solidified to only a few players. In fact, I even stated I want the person to win the vote to win it by at least a couple of votes to prevent a tie since it can't be assured.

Epig 2.0, why Enrique over Made or MM? What do you think of those two?

Also, re-reading keys's post in your response to him, zeek, it really bugs me. What are you doing, keys, to even help us? All you've done is focus on me (and to a slightly lesser extent, Dana) this entire time and you've hardly talked about anyone other than me or Dana. It's easy for YOU to sit back and point the finger at those of us who actually were trying to actively find someone. Now I'm not sure that applies to everyone who voted Snowy, but your finger pointing just rubbed me the wrong way. I don't think enough people are considering that keys and Chris who just sit back and say MP IS BAD could be just laughing it up in their chatrooms as they avoid anyone seriously voting for them, ESPECIALLY if Made was not being saved and he is also a civvie. I'm not even sure that's true, but it's a possibility that bothers me.
what
When did Chris get into this?
Long Con wrote:Ha ha, I just posted this in the Polls thread. :blush: :blush: :blush:

If Made isn't bad, then the theory that the Snow Dog voters are bad goes away. The baddies aren't going to pile on to one of two lead-vote-getters for no reason. Why would they do that? Why not just vote around, early, late, like everyone else? Made has to be a baddie to make this look at Snow Dog voters make sense.

Ergo, if you want to pursue this course of action, the only sensible vote is for Made.

I would agree. If we want to pursue this, of course.
I am still highly suspicious of Made.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Dom is your focus on Made the result of your perception that he is playing differently in this game? This is the reason I've heard several times so I just want to know if this is your reason or you have another reason for thinking he's bad. I'm sure you've said why in the thread but a lot of things have been said in the thread so it's hard to keep up with the specifics.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 683

Post by zeek »

Roxy wrote:Zeek kk I will give you that much but still am disappointed that you did not give 48 hours like most other lynch candidtes had.
As expressed here, I only realised late in the Day Phase how shifty he was being. I voted at 1:21am and Snow Dog said goodnight at 1:31am(after then voting Daisy without addressing anything I said. Only that he suddenly suspected me and that he didn't like me. He then came back at 2:42am, changed his vote to Made and did not respond to me yet again.

At 3:15am, two hours after my vote, Enrique is the next to express any intent to vote for Snow Dog. Made, at [ur=http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 66#p87966l]1:42am[/url], was the only person who really express suspicion of Snow Dog but did not vote for him. He didn't even switch his vote despite leading the vote in the final minutes of the lynch. I don't know what to make of that.

So yeah, I'm sorry I didn't wait forever for Snow Dog to respond but at the time my lonely vote didn't look like it would even count. I'm obviously sorry it did, but MY vote was NOT the same as the others' votes. He never got into any serious discussion and who knows when he would have replied to me, if ever, because he chose not to when he was online.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Dom wrote:
zeek wrote:I gave Snow Dog a chance to respond and he didn't. Of all his voters I am the only one who did that.
This reeks.
And why is that, friend?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

juliets wrote:Dom is your focus on Made the result of your perception that he is playing differently in this game? This is the reason I've heard several times so I just want to know if this is your reason or you have another reason for thinking he's bad. I'm sure you've said why in the thread but a lot of things have been said in the thread so it's hard to keep up with the specifics.
No. :) I don't really know Made's play style... I think I've played with him once and I've been the mod on duty for other games. My concern stems from what I thought might've been a slip. I pursued him, trying to see if his reaction would indicate to me that he was bad, and it did. Here are some of the more recent posts I've made about it:

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 088#p88088
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 096#p88096
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 107#p88107
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 128#p88128
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 165#p88165
If you're interested in more details, you can look through my posts. :)

zeek wrote:
Dom wrote:
This reeks.
And why is that, friend?
"Look at Snow Dog voters-- just not me!!!"
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Yes Dom i am - thank you for the links -
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

[quote="Dom"
zeek wrote:
Dom wrote:
This reeks.
And why is that, friend?
"Look at Snow Dog voters-- just not me!!!"[/quote]
Look at the chronology. Are you always this snarky?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

zeek wrote:[quote="Dom"
zeek wrote:
Dom wrote:
This reeks.
And why is that, friend?
"Look at Snow Dog voters-- just not me!!!"
Look at the chronology. Are you always this snarky?[/quote]
It's what your vote implies. That only people other than you who voted Snow Dog are suspicious. I'm curious, do you remember, what was Made's vote count at when you voted?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 858
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

First off, can I just say that I am not going to sit here and apologize for posting "too much" or for my post content. If anyone believes I'm not helping or they believe I'm posting too much or they think I'm annoying, then that's your right, and by all means, if you believe any of those things makes me bad, that's your right too. But I will not sit here and just take the arguments that allow me to be incriminated as bad just because I am enjoying the fuck out of this game and because I am a human being, thus not infallible. I am not making any excuses. I take full responsibility for all of my in-game actions. And I'm here a lot because bea and BWT have created a really awesome game and I'm behind a computer literally all day and night due to being in a PhD program so this game gets practically every single allocated second of my free time. So if you don't like my posts or the volume of my posts, don't read them.

I do, however, apologize if I have occasionally brought my emotions too much into the game. It's a combination of being away from my fiance and my family and all my friends, having practically no social life (other than this game and occasionally talking to the aforementioned parties), and the incredible up and down stress of adjusting my lifestyle to trying to accomplish a workload that at times seems insurmountable to truly get everything done and get it done right.

In combination with the stress that is accompanied by being suspected heavily because of my obsessive, active playstyle, it can be occasionally really frustrating.
I just wanted to say I haven't meant for any of my posts to come across as agitating or insulting, so if they have, I do apologize for that.

But I will not what anyone thinks keep me from playing this game to the absolute fullest of my ability.

This is not addressed to anyone in particular, I just felt I wanted it to be said.

Roxy wrote:MP - could you have come to the conclusion that daisy is not bad bc you gave the suspicion time to be answered and questioned by daisy and others?

If you are honest with yourself the answer should be yes.

All I am asking is that you don't go off half cocked near a lynch end and vote like this again. Ofc unless someones says I am bad vote for me. 
Oh, I understand what you're asking and why you're asking it now, got it. Yes, that is how I came to that conclusion re: Daisy.

Regarding my Snow Dog vote: I had 3 votes, Hedge had 3, Made had 5, Snowy had 3 for the longest time... Hedge defended herself and I wasn't sure I was really feeling a vote there, I was afraid Made was being used as a scapegoat, and I had to save myself, and given Snowy's complete lack of committal it seemed inevitable where I should put my vote. There's really nothing more I can say about it. I feel terrible about it. And thus I regret it big time, obviously, and it would have been nice to give him time to respond properly, I agree, but I can't do anything about it other than attempt to use information that we now have to try to find people who aren't.

I hope that addresses any concerns that you (or others) may have, but if it doesn't at all or to any degree, just let me know, and I'd be glad to answer any specific questions.

Long Con wrote:Ha ha, I just posted this in the Polls thread. :blush: :blush: :blush:

This is logical.

I suppose one could argue a Snow Dog voter's vote was suspicious for a reason other than perceived attempt to save Made, but that would be getting specific, and you could argue that level of specificity about anyone's vote, so I think you summarized the logic pretty well.

The question is whether people want to pursue this logic or not then, I think.

Dom wrote: MP, you have allowed yourself to be paralyzed and debilitated by decision making this game-- moreso than I have seen you do in the past. I can't help but wonder if it's on purpose.

what
When did Chris get into this?
I trimmed this just to address the parts addressed to me.

It's not on purpose; there is a reason, for sure, and I've tried to express it, but you will understand the full picture later on.

Chris voted for me yesterday and has been just as pushy in saying I'm bad as keys, I would say, he just hasn't posted with the same level of volume. Someone correct me if I'm wrong?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dom: I believe it was 5 votes for Made at that time, right?? Maybe 4 for when zeek voted.

keys: I'm curious to your opinion on one item. Splints has had continued thoughts about you all game, so I'm curious if you have any read on her yet; if so, what is it?
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

I'm more than happy to be looked at, I said that earlier to Roxy. I'd be a fool not to address my vote.

I'm not sure, I think it may have been 3 and Hedgeowl may have been leading with 4.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Dom: I believe it was 5 votes for Made at that time, right?? Maybe 4 for when zeek voted.
You weren't online when I voted. Hedgeowl was leading the vote I think and Made was a vote behind at most. A couple of people had two or three votes each.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Thanks MP and zeek for the responses.

Zeek one more question why did you feel uneasy when hedge had the lead in votes? if we had lynched her I would not have to start Day 4 with a vote on me - which I blame everyone for.

Juliets - what exactly about Hedges response did you find civvie enough to take your vote away and vote yourself? tbh that really twitched my nose.
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

It really rallied and went crazy in the thread when Hedgeowl had the vote lead and I want to know why no one else is seeing this?
;)
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Roxy wrote:It really rallied and went crazy in the thread when Hedgeowl had the vote lead and I want to know why no one else is seeing this?
So perhaps both Hedgie and Made were being saved.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Roxy wrote:Zeek one more question why did you feel uneasy when hedge had the lead in votes? if we had lynched her I would not have to start Day 4 with a vote on me - which I blame everyone for.
Before I left for work it looked like the suspicion was on Made and MP, so I was confused when I came back to find Hedgeowl leading. I'm not belittling your points against her but I found it hard to believe they resonated with so many. I find it curious most of those votes were abandoned in favour of others as well. Now I'm on the wrong side of that argument, because the Snow Dog lynch escalated so close to the deadline.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

zeek wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Dom: I believe it was 5 votes for Made at that time, right?? Maybe 4 for when zeek voted.
You weren't online when I voted. Hedgeowl was leading the vote I think and Made was a vote behind at most. A couple of people had two or three votes each.
Oh wow, this is really interesting. I wasn't aware of that.

It seems we have four possibilities:

1) Made was being saved and Hedgeowl was not.
2) Hedgeowl was being saved and Made was not.
3) Both Hedgeowl and Made were being saved, and could be on the same team or different teams.
4) Neither Hedgeowl nor Made were being saved.

:ponder:
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Dom, do you know something about Made that is not public?
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 259

Post by Enrique »

S~V~S wrote:That is an extremely shitty result :(
Enrique wrote:
Gotrees wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Gotrees, what do you think of Made, did I miss it somewhere or are you unsure?
Right now, I'm mostly unsure about Made. I feel like he wouldn't have all those votes if he wasn't really suspicious (or something evil was going on), but right now, I'm just not really seeing the suspicions around him.

Dom: Could you link me the posts where he said he misread you so I can get a sense of the context?
Look at the voters. Four out of five are hardly involved in this game.
I am curious as to how being quieter makes them bad. They all voted early, Bass at least as I recall voiced prior suspicion of Made; you and he even had a bit of discussion on it, where Bass said you were defending Made, iirc. They all voted fairly early, which would make them a pretty crappy baddie team. And I think we do not have crappy baddies this game since we have only lynched civs. All but ONE of those Snowy votes came after Made took his last vote. I don't want to hear that they were saving Daisy, or anyone else.

I still think Daisy is bad (and look forward to people explaining to me why they think she is civ, I have an open mind), but am more than willing to look in Mades direction tomorrow. Then, depending on how that goes, we can look at the Snowy voters.

That was a horrible result, and the fact that it was so obvious made it even more horrible :(
I never said anything about them being bad... like, really, anything. Gotrees asked how Made got so many votes and I told him, well, it's mostly people who haven't been very involved and haven't exactly offered the best explanations. It isn't because he was all that suspicious.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Roxy wrote:Thanks MP and zeek for the responses.

Zeek one more question why did you feel uneasy when hedge had the lead in votes? if we had lynched her I would not have to start Day 4 with a vote on me - which I blame everyone for.

Juliets - what exactly about Hedges response did you find civvie enough to take your vote away and vote yourself? tbh that really twitched my nose.
Two things about Hedge's reply convinced me to take my vote off of her. One was that she had internet problems and when able to get online had been focusing on clue since she was a baddie going down on there. I felt those were good enough reasons for her not having responded to the question in this thread. The second thing was her explanation of "riding the fence", i.e., the fact that she had already decided juliet 1.0 was sincere and genuine and was in the middle of trying to determine whether she would vote for Enrique when the time ran out. I felt like that was a satisfactory explanation for both the original question and the issue of her non-response.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

juliets wrote:I see Epi - thats what I mean about things slipping through that seem small that add up to something bigger. I'll be interested to see what Enrique has to say about your observation.
I can tell you I thought all 3 were bad at the time, and that I really didn't expect a Snow Dog lynch to actually happen that day (or Epig at the time I voted for that matter). I've chosen poorly but considering all 3 of you got lynched it's not exactly like I'm the only one.

And, yeah, tbh Epig is right in that I'm looking at an MM vote tomorrow. Of course there's still a lot of time for things to develop, but if the deadline was right now, that'd be where I'd place my vote.
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Thanks for responding Enrique. I'm interested in what you see about MM that causes you to look there for a vote. I read through his posts and didn't pick up anything highly unusual so I'm a little lost on what people are thinking about him. I can't get a clear picture.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
zeek wrote:
Oh wow, this is really interesting. I wasn't aware of that.

It seems we have four possibilities:

1) Made was being saved and Hedgeowl was not.
2) Hedgeowl was being saved and Made was not.
3) Both Hedgeowl and Made were being saved, and could be on the same team or different teams.
4) Neither Hedgeowl nor Made were being saved.

:ponder:
Yes, two people in two possible orientations yields four different outcomes. :p
zeek wrote:Dom, do you know something about Made that is not public?
no.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Even though I feel strongly about my actions this game and how they've been misinterpreted, I am willing to be one of those few players. I think it's only logical that Made, Enrique, Metalmarsh, Daisy, and maybe Hedgeowl make up possibilities for the remainder, even if I don't agree with all of them being there, but that would make 6 players. Is there any other player that anyone thinks should be prioritized over any of these 6 or thoughts on narrowing the pool down to 3 or 4?
I only got BR's vote yesterday, and most votes I get are usually drive-bys. Especially with the +1 tbh I feel uncomfortable with being in that shortlist... but I guess it can't make that big of a difference, right? People will still vote for who they think is bad.

linki @ juliets: His behavior at the end of the last lynch was super fishy. He said he'd prefer to see Snow Dog lynch, but still asked MP to change his vote to Made with him supposedly to make sure MP didn't get lynched. Of course he ended up voting for Snow Dog and SD was a civvie, but I can't help but think there was something to that lapse of reason. Two votes for Snow Dog would have made it a tie with Made, that's better already, no? Why would he try to convince MP to vote for Made first if he thought Snow Dog was the likelier baddie?
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
zeek wrote:Was talking in general about the talk about ties, MP, not to you.

I'm happy to be reread, so you can all see Key has completely taken my vote out of context.
Oh, okay, I just assumed you were talking about me since you didn't make any different specific comment to my proposal, but I suppose I could assume you think the same as you did last night.

Yeah, you won't be getting my vote.

I'm just bothered; I agree Snow Dog voters could be examined more carefully, but it's so easy to fixate on them and not be open to any other considerations. I had 3 votes and I had to be careful to vote so that I didn't leave myself open to be lynched. Snow Dog's actions seemed suspicious, even if he has a rep for generally being noncommittal.

A genius baddie honestly would have stayed the fuck away from placing their vote on any of the main vote getters because now they're completely avoiding anyone examining them.
Note: 11 different players were voted for yesterday (not accounting for vote changes). There was lots of throwing votes away while Snow Dog and Made (and to a lesser extent you, Daisy and Hedge) had the spotlight.
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

fingersplints wrote:MP - if keys was a baddie, he would be much more invested. I've said it before I am fairly confident he is a civvie. Chris, despite reassurances from others this is his civvie game, I am unsure of, but am feeling a little better about his posting lately.
How come it's bad for them to focus on certain individuals they think are bad? Roxy has been on hedgie for days, Epi is again pushing Enrique hard. I just don't see how being confident someone is bad automatically makes them bad. And it really feels like you feel that way because it's you they feel confident on.

I honestly only glanced over some of the Made/Dom stuff because it was getting a bit nasty, but I was reading Dom as a civvie and not feeling great about Made, but I'd like to do a better reread of that.

I don't think all the Snow Dog voters were bad, but for the most part that suspicion did seem to pop up out of nowhere suddenly which is why it seems like a save. I'd like to know about Made first before I decide who is his teammate and saving him. Same with daisy :)
By the time Snow Dog started getting votes, there were 3 players with 3 votes each and one with 5. If anyone was being saved, I'm sure there were ways to go around that without picking a new target at the last second.
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

zeek, I would say it's pretty par for the course for Dom to gun after players like this when he feels he's onto something.

Dom, haha, I know. I was just succinctly stating the scenarios as I attempt to assess which one seems most likely.

Enrique, interesting point, thanks! I sort of agree; as I stated earlier, if the Snow Dog votes were an attempt to save someone, they were really haphazardly and poorly developed.

I look forward to hearing what TH 2.0 has to say. A civvie TH typically has good insight, even if we disagree. :srsnod:
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

MovingPictures07 wrote:But sure, my vote sucked ass, I'm willing to admit. I feel terrible about it. But it doesn't make me bad.

I'm more than willing to consider a vote for MM, Enri, or Made, I just haven't made up my mind yet. I just don't want us to get collective tunnel vision, Rox, I'm not trying to attack you or anyone else. I understand why the votes look bad. Surely I do. I'm just saying that doesn't mean all of us or maybe even ANY of us are bad.
You've been name dropping me in every post you've made since Epig come back, but had completely dropped me while he was dead. What's going on? Had you forgotten how he felt?

And honestly I disagree with the whole "Epig has been throwing lots of suspicions around," but that's evidently not his baddie game, he just happens to be really wrong and really stubborn.
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Enrique wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:But sure, my vote sucked ass, I'm willing to admit. I feel terrible about it. But it doesn't make me bad.

I'm more than willing to consider a vote for MM, Enri, or Made, I just haven't made up my mind yet. I just don't want us to get collective tunnel vision, Rox, I'm not trying to attack you or anyone else. I understand why the votes look bad. Surely I do. I'm just saying that doesn't mean all of us or maybe even ANY of us are bad.
You've been name dropping me in every post you've made since Epig come back, but had completely dropped me while he was dead. What's going on? Had you forgotten how he felt?

And honestly I disagree with the whole "Epig has been throwing lots of suspicions around," but that's evidently not his baddie game, he just happens to be really wrong and really stubborn.
It's coincidental; I only have been considering you since the Snow Dog lynch, and that is what's caused me to consider that blockade of three players (you, MM, Made).

Epig 1.0 got lynched D2 and I wouldn't say he was suspecting a lot of people, no, but he makes it known whenever he thinks someone is bad or civ, and he doesn't fixate on only one player. He thought JC was bad, he thought you were bad, he thought I was not bad (though possibly good or independent), for just three examples off the top of my head. My point was that it's now Night 3 and there are still too many players who don't seem to be really baddie hunting to me when all they're doing is talking about one or two people.

Let's not forget that Epig 2.0 is not Epig 1.0.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Re: Dr. Who Mafia! - Day 3

Post by Turnip Head »

All six of the Snow Dog votes surprised the shit out of me, I didn't think he was acting shady at all, but MP's vote for Snowy surprises me the most. And it adds to a growing list of things MP is doing this game that don't make sense from a rational civvie perspective.

On the subject of voting for LC early and moving his vote around every lynch, MP had this to say:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm doing it to keep the baddies on edge, half my votes I don't really intend to be my 'final' votes unless something happens to make them that way. I had little intention of keeping my vote on LC although he is acting suspiciously.
So this is another gambit of yours? You move your vote around so that baddies (and civvies, too) don't know where you're voting? Keep us all on our toes? So you can help get a civvie lynched at the last second?
MovingPictures07 wrote:And now LC votes for me because I voted for him? I know it's a lot of posts, but seriously? It's Day 3 for goodness sake. :eye:
So it looked like you were still gunning for LC here by trying to paint his vote for you in a negative light. But then,
MovingPictures07 wrote:I guess I'm switching to Snow Dog for now, just to get it off LC.
"Just to get it off LC"? What does that even mean, how is that a reasonable explanation for voting for Snowy?
MovingPictures07 wrote:Is there anyone else here right now who hasn't voted or is considering moving their vote and it could impact the lynch? I realize I also have 3 votes so I need to be a bit careful, AND I'm curious what folks are thinking.
This post makes it sound like you had a personal stake in the matter, MP. I can't figure out why you asked this question unless you felt like you needed to help people make decisions to change whatever outcome you didn't want to have happen. Right now it looks like you didn't want Made or Hedgeowl lynched and so you were willing to sacrifice Snow Dog.
MovingPictures07 wrote:I feel bad too since he just returned from a hiatus this game and he loves Doctor Who, but I voted the way I voted for a reason, and even though he can be wishy washy he usually can at least be a bit more assertive. I hope he's bad or else I'm going to feel extra bad about this one.
More vaguery, I just can't understand what made you feel like switching to Snowy was the way to go. You do not sound like you were sure of your vote for him at all.

And then immediately after the Snowy lynch:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Does anyone actually think LC doesn't seem suspicious now? Really. He freaking no u'd me on D3.
MovingPictures07 wrote:And by no u'd I mean he voted for me because I voted for him.

I just can't believe any civvie would do that, even if you were having a hard time keeping up.
MP goes right back to talking about LC.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Wow, what a surprise. Okay, apparently I'm not a "rational" civvie to you. I'll address your points though:

1) It was not a gambit, no. I've been doing this all game, moving my vote around in conjunction with talking about why I think they need discussion to get discussion about a player (see: DF).

2) I do think LC's actions were suspicious, yes. He voted Epig on D2 basically because he thought Epig was a baddie "hiding in plain sight" which is absurd when you think about how many times Epig is lynched in games, and then he voted for me D3 for voting for him. You seriously don't think either of those is eye-worthy? All you do here is prove you disagree with me. I had suspicions of LC, yes, and I had suspicions of more than just him yesterday, all throughout D3, so I don't understand why you only fixate on my few posts about LC.

3) "Just to get it off of LC" was merely because I knew my vote wasn't serving any purpose being the only vote on LC, and I only had like less than 10 minutes before the lynch was over, so I told myself I needed to at least move my vote to SOMEONE, and I could always move it again if I felt it shouldn't stay on Snow Dog.

4) No, I wasn't confident in my vote for Snowy AT ALL, but I explained to Roxy my exact thought process before: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 342#p88342

5) Okay, I did have a personal stake in the matter because I had 3 votes and I already explained why I said that last night:
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 119#p88119

Did I miss anything?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

And to answer a question I saw from SVS about my thoughts on Daisy, there's a few things I picked up on in the thread that caused me to really consider my thoughts on her carefully. So like my thoughts on any player it's a combination of thread + gut. I went after Daisy for a while in the recent Hobbit game, I was pretty convinced of her badness, and I was wrong. So I've got certain things I'm looking out for now when I play with her. I just have a feeling I'm seeing her civvie game.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

If you are a civvie this game, MP, and I certainly have my doubts about that, I don't think you have been a rational one so far, no :p I noticed there was a portion of the thread that you missed, the part where Hedgeowl really started to get some heat. She had 4 votes at one point and was in the lead. Then you pop back in, start asking if anyone is considering changing their votes. Move your vote to Snowy "just to get it off LC", which you now explain is because your vote for LC wasn't doing anything where it was. Hedgie had 4 votes, and then shortly after that only had 3 I think once Snow Dog changed his vote. So why then did you not just campaign harder for an LC lynchtrain? Why did you feel the need to hop on the Snowmobile instead? From the thread it seems you felt stronger about LC, and that you were not sure about Snow's alignment at all, yet you went with the weaker suspicion in the end. Why?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

And by "a portion of the thread that you missed", I mean it is the one segment of yesterday's lynch, I believe, where you did not have any significant thread presence. You didn't really comment much on the Hedgie discussion as it was happening in real time.
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Just placed first in my competition :yay:
Catching up, active night apparently.
Pov: you reading my takes
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 439

Post by Epignosis »

Enrique wrote:
juliets wrote:I see Epi - thats what I mean about things slipping through that seem small that add up to something bigger. I'll be interested to see what Enrique has to say about your observation.
I can tell you I thought all 3 were bad at the time, and that I really didn't expect a Snow Dog lynch to actually happen that day (or Epig at the time I voted for that matter). I've chosen poorly but considering all 3 of you got lynched it's not exactly like I'm the only one.
Am I interpreting this correctly? That you vote for people you don't think will actually get lynched?

Tell me how that's a civilian strategy. :wonka:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

TH, do you think you're gonna vote for MP tomorrow?
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

If I'm still alive to see tomorrow then I'll be strongly considering an MP vote, yeah
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Turnip Head wrote:If you are a civvie this game, MP, and I certainly have my doubts about that, I don't think you have been a rational one so far, no :p I noticed there was a portion of the thread that you missed, the part where Hedgeowl really started to get some heat. She had 4 votes at one point and was in the lead. Then you pop back in, start asking if anyone is considering changing their votes. Move your vote to Snowy "just to get it off LC", which you now explain is because your vote for LC wasn't doing anything where it was. Hedgie had 4 votes, and then shortly after that only had 3 I think once Snow Dog changed his vote. So why then did you not just campaign harder for an LC lynchtrain? Why did you feel the need to hop on the Snowmobile instead? From the thread it seems you felt stronger about LC, and that you were not sure about Snow's alignment at all, yet you went with the weaker suspicion in the end. Why?
If you certainly have your doubts about that, those are the first I've heard it from TH 2.0, I'm pretty sure. Why did you just say this past day period that you're not declaring me as civvie or baddie if you had doubts?

I did try to get people to talk about LC multiple times during D3 but no one was commenting, and the few that did said they didn't find anything of note. I also had to keep myself from dying too, you know, AND I did think the fact that Snowy couldn't commit to anything at all was suspicious, posts you conveniently left out of your analysis:
MovingPictures07 wrote:zeek, I'm having a hard time deciding where to put it. I think Hedge, Made, or Snowy could be bad, and while I think Snowy has been the most suspicious of the three, I've seen him do this shit before as civ and it's holding me back.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Snow Dog's behavior has struck me as really suspicious today, but I'm really torn at the moment as to where I will be putting my vote. I know Snow Dog can lack confidence in himself and his playstyle seemed relatively normal before, but his inability to commit AT ALL and the people he shifted his votes from and to just strike me as baddie-oriented, especially since he ended at Made. Just seemed like a cop out.

Made COULD be bad, but I'm not sure I'm convinced. I could see justifying a vote for Hedge instead or even Snowy since they both have 3.
Also, linki TH: That was because I was busy all day, I even said I would be:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Just a heads up, wanted to mention it now: I'm going to have a really busy day tomorrow because Thursday is my long day and because of goofing off today :p, and I might go chill with some PhD comrades in the evening too. So I may have to post by phone and it may not be often.

I'm sure all of you are sighing relief right now. :p

Anyway, I'll still try to post as much as I can.
and to a lesser extent I talked about how busy I was here http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 700#p87700 and here http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 782#p87782

Anyway, now I need to go for quite a while, I haven't gotten enough done yet today with respect to PhD work and my schedule will be busier next week.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

TH2.0 and TH1.0 are the same person. I've had my concerns about you for a really long time. I've just tried to discuss other things as well.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Turnip Head wrote:If I'm still alive to see tomorrow then I'll be strongly considering an MP vote, yeah
What do you make of his survived kill attempt? If he's bad, and not a Cyberman, that would make him either a Dalek or an indy/secret role. The Daleks are also the team that killed you the first time around. Do you think MP would have actually done that?

Huge WIFOM territory, but at least I think he'd be smarter than that. It's not because of this, I just don't think MP is bad in this game.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 439

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:TH2.0 and TH1.0 are the same person. I've had my concerns about you for a really long time. I've just tried to discuss other things as well.
That means TH1.0 is the same person as Boogs. :derp:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/

Return to “Previous Jobs”