Coffia (Coffee Mafia) [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Do you prefer drip, french press, or percolated?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:00 pm

alexa (467)
8%
Gira (330)
15%
Lime Coke (352)
15%
staypositivefriend (389)
No votes
TonyStarkPrime (160)
8%
Marmot (Marmot) (Dead/Host/Mod/Non)
54%

Total votes: 13
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 345
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Coffia (Coffee Mafia) [DAY 5]

Post by staypositivefriend »

Gira wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:29 am i'm not reading back or re-evaluating whatsoever, because i find doing so to be unhelpful more often than not

i am going to stick to my guns and make the vote i feel is right here, and whatever happens, happens
the observations youre making about me right now feel so empty and like youre just characterizing my posts as wolfy so that you dont have to try to scumhunt outside of me

at least, that's the impression i get
Gira
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 276

Post by Gira »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:30 am
Gira wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:26 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:53 pm i'm re-evaluating all of my reads from scratch and then going from there. that was the second (or possibly even third day) in a row where the day ended like ~24 hours before the deadline and im a little frustrated that i haven't even had the time to solve this game properly
performatively scummy
is it scummy for me to want to re-evaluate my reads going into LYLO or is it scummy for me to be frustrated that the day got ended early for two days in a row? because in either case, lmao
the way you posted it is scummy in a performative way that shows you are trying to look town
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Gira wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:30 am
Gira wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:26 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:53 pm i'm re-evaluating all of my reads from scratch and then going from there. that was the second (or possibly even third day) in a row where the day ended like ~24 hours before the deadline and im a little frustrated that i haven't even had the time to solve this game properly
performatively scummy
is it scummy for me to want to re-evaluate my reads going into LYLO or is it scummy for me to be frustrated that the day got ended early for two days in a row? because in either case, lmao
the way you posted it is scummy in a performative way that shows you are trying to look town
how?
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

Gira wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:29 am i'm not reading back or re-evaluating whatsoever, because i find doing so to be unhelpful more often than not

i am going to stick to my guns and make the vote i feel is right here, and whatever happens, happens
the observations youre making about me right now feel so empty and like youre just characterizing my posts as wolfy so that you dont have to try to scumhunt outside of me

i don't need to do that because i have one vote and i only care about getting that right
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i dont think that either of us believe that, to be honest. how is it "performative" for me to say that i'm re-evaluating all of my reads from scratch? was it "performative" when lime coke did it 2 pages ago, too?
Lime Coke wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:43 pm
A little bit rattled off of that, and I need to re-evaluate hard. Will be taking the entire day to figure something out regardless of what happens with everyone else.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Gira wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:31 am

i don't need to do that because i have one vote and i only care about getting that right
if you care about reading me correctly then it isn't reflected in the posts that you're currently making
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 303
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:32 am i dont think that either of us believe that, to be honest. how is it "performative" for me to say that i'm re-evaluating all of my reads from scratch? was it "performative" when lime coke did it 2 pages ago, too?
A little bit rattled off of that, and I need to re-evaluate hard. Will be taking the entire day to figure something out regardless of what happens with everyone else.
Yes
Spoiler: show
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Lime Coke wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:33 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:32 am i dont think that either of us believe that, to be honest. how is it "performative" for me to say that i'm re-evaluating all of my reads from scratch? was it "performative" when lime coke did it 2 pages ago, too?
Yes
no u see, it's not performative for you to say you're going to re-evaluate your reads because ur town, but it is performative for me to say i'm going to re-evaluate my reads because i am maia
staypositivefriend
Hitman

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:34 am
Yes
no u see, it's not performative for you to say you're going to re-evaluate your reads because ur town, but it is performative for me to say i'm going to re-evaluate my reads because i am maia
mafia* lol
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

my track record on lylo is absolutely miserable, and i'm not interested in a dragged out spamfest, so i will be acting early and sticking to my guns, because i don't think stalling is likely to be helpful at all
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:34 am
Yes
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:32 am

if you care about reading me correctly then it isn't reflected in the posts that you're currently making
i do not care to spend a lot of time arguing with you, no
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Gira wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:36 am

that's cool, but if you are town then you should care about communicating with me. you have to see the irony in saying that you are going to vote me because "my read on you is bad" while you proceed to quote random posts ive made today and then frame them in the most lazy and simplistic way possible
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:37 am

that's cool, but if you are town then you should care about communicating with me. you have to see the irony in saying that you are going to vote me because "my read on you is bad" while you proceed to quote random posts ive made today and then frame them in the most lazy and simplistic way possible
you've given me no reason to feel i should i care
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Gira wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:38 am

well if youre town then youve given me literally nothing to work with, so you cant say that i didnt try
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:39 am

well if youre town then youve given me literally nothing to work with, so you cant say that i didnt try
you absolutely did not, at any point in this game
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

i clearly made a massive mistake in signing up for this game but as things are now i just have to live with it until it's over
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

i mean realistically, some of you are just mafia and i can't hold that against you so w/e
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Gira wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:40 am

it would be pretty easy to quote all of the posts ive made in this game where ive attempted to engage with you or understand your reasoning more clearly but i dont really see the point. i think the reason that your read on me feels so thin is most likely because youre a wolf that doesn't have any other easy pushes to make and is banking on getting me killed to win the game
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i mean if youre a wolf, then fypov, your only pushes are lime coke/alexa/TSP. all of those names are very difficult to push and all of them have been towny at various parts of the game, so if you are a wolf then i would expect you to be pushing me just like youre pushing me right now

granted, that doesn't MAKE you a wolf, but it does mean that your approach today is aligning specifically with how you would likely be playing this situation as a wolf
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:43 am

it would be pretty easy to quote all of the posts ive made in this game where ive attempted to engage with you or understand your reasoning more clearly but i dont really see the point. i think the reason that your read on me feels so thin is most likely because youre a wolf that doesn't have any other easy pushes to make and is banking on getting me killed to win the game
it's not a thin read, i don't need some bullcrap wall to justify it, i think the way you have been playing is scummy
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Are we clearing TSP for bad reasons?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Gira wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:44 am

it's not a thin read, i don't need some bullcrap wall to justify it, i think the way you have been playing is scummy
yeah but if youre not willing to explain your read in detail and youre not willing to engage with me on your read then you cant fault me for thinking that youre probably just a wolf that doesnt know what other angles to take

if youre town then whatever
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

your idea of "trying to work with me" is demanding i tapdance on command for you. it is insufferable and poisonous. i refuse to do it. it is making demands of me rather than trying to meet me on my own terms. but i think you probably wanted excuses to say i wasn't doing enough
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Gira wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:46 am

your idea of "trying to work with me" is demanding i tapdance on command for you. it is insufferable and poisonous. i refuse to do it. it is making demands of me rather than trying to meet me on my own terms. but i think you probably wanted excuses to say i wasn't doing enough
so, what would it look like for me to meet you on your own terms in this game? how can i communicate with you or reach common ground if your stance is going to boil down to: "I think that SPF is a wolf because her play in this game is wolfy"? if youre town then youre just assuming that im not trying to communicate with you in good faith instead of actually finding out for yourself
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

i mean what does it say that mac and nanook got me right without me having to do a song and dance for them and the people who should theoretically know me better just make obnoxious demands of me
staypositivefriend
Hitman

also none of the posts that ive made about you in the last 4 days have been me trying to get you to "tapdance on command" and that seems hyperbolic at best and outright untrue at worst, but probably not relevant to your alignment
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

whatever this is pointless
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

i think you are mafia in this game

i am going to vote you for it

you clearly don't think i am town

so why are you bothering with this
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Gira wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:50 am i think you are mafia in this game

because it's LYLO and i have been consistently wrong throughout this entire game. if i'm still alive in LYLO then it means i'm here because my reads are wrong or because i'm being set up to get pushed on, or both. FMPOV it would be completely foolish to not re-evaluate my reads and make sure that i'm not sleepwalking into a loss

i'm not saying that you need to have the exact same playstyle as me, just that it should be extremely obvious why im trying to get on common ground with you in LYLO
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:52 am

because it's LYLO and i have been consistently wrong throughout this entire game. if i'm still alive in LYLO then it means i'm here because my reads are wrong or because i'm being set up to get pushed on, or both. FMPOV it would be completely foolish to not re-evaluate my reads and make sure that i'm not sleepwalking into a loss

i'm not saying that you need to have the exact same playstyle as me, just that it should be extremely obvious why im trying to get on common ground with you in LYLO
i think your reasons for voting falcon were horsecrap and specifically avoided someone you thought was a "frozen wolf" because you wanted to save the easiser mis-elim
i think you trying to string associatives with me and dolby were horsecrap

i think your reads are shallow garbage
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

i don't need more than that
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

brad you gonna say anything
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Gira wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:54 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:52 am

i think your reasons for voting falcon were horsecrap and specifically avoided someone you thought was a "frozen wolf" because you wanted to save the easiser mis-elim
i think you trying to string associatives with me and dolby were horsecrap

i think your reads are shallow garbage
it's worth keeping in mind that i scumread falcon before almost anyone else did, and i was one of the main voices actively concentrating suspicion against him throughout the game. obviously i was wrong, but my vote on falcon toward the EOD is perfectly consistent with the thoughts that i had been speaking about him for the entirety of the game

i can go into more detail about why i thought that you/dolby looked partnered together if you actually care, but it seems that you don't regardless of your alignment

not to toot my own horn, but ive been posting thoughtful and nuanced reads throughout the entirety of this game and the only reason my reads aren't more developed is specifically because the day ended ~24 hours early twice in a row and cut into my natural solving process. if youre town then i expect you to see at least glimpses of that, and i actually think that you did considering that you didn't really start scumreading me until a couple of dayphases ago. as such, you writing off my reads as "shallow garbage" feels to me like an attempt to write off all the scumhunting i've done in this game so that you don't need to evaluate it or provide more specific reasoning

i'm probably going to drop it here
staypositivefriend
Hitman

if you want to have a genuine conversation with me then we can have a genuine conversation, but if you're not going to bother then i won't either

i'm actually done posting for the night now
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:00 am if you want to have a genuine conversation with me then we can have a genuine conversation, but if you're not going to bother then i won't either

i'm actually done posting for the night now
not really, no, because you can make excuses for anything, it is unimportant
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:14 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:59 am i'm probably not going to post for the rest of the night, but i have a day off tomorrow and will be dedicating some time to this game, so PLEASE do not vote or end the day early, even if you are 100% confident about who the wolves are. i've been burned two days in a row by an early hammer and im not gonna let it happen in LYLO
actually im going to go a step further and say that if anyone here votes within the next ~24 hours it should be taken as a wolfclaim
cmon the day ends when we vote off gira and he's town and we all lose to lc/alexa or some nonsense
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:15 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:43 am TSP/alexa, alexa/TSP, TSP/gira, gira/alexa

^^^if i'm right about lime coke being town, then these are the possible teams. do any of these teams immediately stand out as being unlikely or impossible to be partnered with each other?
also, i want everyone to answer this please
yes the teams with me
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Lime Coke wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:19 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:43 am TSP/alexa, alexa/TSP, TSP/gira, gira/alexa

^^^if i'm right about lime coke being town, then these are the possible teams. do any of these teams immediately stand out as being unlikely or impossible to be partnered with each other?
I think TSP/Alexa never fucking happens in this game. I will consider it a wolf claim if you guess that's the team.

However I DO think Alexa/TSP has every right to be the team and it's been quite obvious.
this might be the first time LC has made me laugh
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:29 am
Lime Coke wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:19 am

I think TSP/Alexa never fucking happens in this game. I will consider it a wolf claim if you guess that's the team.

However I DO think Alexa/TSP has every right to be the team and it's been quite obvious.
i'm not gonna lie, i dont really understand what you mean lol
smh get good
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Lime Coke wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:45 am Are we clearing TSP for bad reasons?
I'm wondering if I'm quite arrogant enough to suggest that alexa/gira kills me despite me zero posting the prior day
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

on reflection: if the question is whether there's anything you can say that would get me to not vote for you, spf, i don't know. i obviously don't come in with magic words looking for you to tell me so i can go "a-ha! i trust you now"

this back and forth crap you're doing now is both grating and unproductive

if you were to present an argument to me that you believe i should not be voting for you but for [someone else] then i'd give it consideration out of due diligence

but otherwise i have literally no appetite for screaming at you to try to prove myself town and if you're playing that way as town i have no regard for if you lose
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:22 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:14 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:59 am i'm probably not going to post for the rest of the night, but i have a day off tomorrow and will be dedicating some time to this game, so PLEASE do not vote or end the day early, even if you are 100% confident about who the wolves are. i've been burned two days in a row by an early hammer and im not gonna let it happen in LYLO
actually im going to go a step further and say that if anyone here votes within the next ~24 hours it should be taken as a wolfclaim
cmon the day ends when we vote off gira and he's town and we all lose to lc/alexa or some nonsense
never speak too soon
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:25 am
I'm wondering if I'm quite arrogant enough to suggest that alexa/gira kills me despite me zero posting the prior day
i don't really know what i do in this situation as mafia but i don't take a triumvirate of people i clearly really don't get along with to lylo
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

ok so if alexa/gira is ruled out and if gira isn't capable of this as w/w with SPF (which is a big if) then the team is locked in
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Gira wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:26 am
i don't really know what i do in this situation as mafia but i don't take a triumvirate of people i clearly really don't get along with to lylo
well you do given that your partner is about to hard bus you (if you're a wolf)
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:27 am
Gira wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:26 am
well you do given that your partner is about to hard bus you (if you're a wolf)
fair point i guess
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

gira be like "i have a bad track record in lylo and also I'm gonna vote early and not reevaluate anything"
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

though tbh I get it and will not blame you (after)
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:28 am gira be like "i have a bad track record in lylo and also I'm gonna vote early and not reevaluate anything"
the actual reason is because re-evaluating has been unhelpful for me every time i've tried it

so i'm just going to stick with my first impulse

Return to “Previous Heists”