falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 63

Re: [D1] Lost in Space Mafia

Post by falcon45ca »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:53 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:00 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:48 pm
Last time I saw this wily rascal enter with one of them YouTube vidyas he was in fact an evil ravioli.
yes i say we fustigate him
A friend of mine tells me that all Aussies are more or less a cross between Midnight Oil & Mad Max, and I thought I'd go straight to the source & find out if he's right or not
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Fext
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 143

Post by Fext »

can confirm
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Fext wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:41 am
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:28 am
Lime Coke wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:31 am Instincts telling me Falcon and Creature are mafia but that feels too easy. Have to be misclearing someone.
I hadn't even posted yet

By instinct, do you mean random number generator?
presumably he's referring to either finding everyone else specifically towny or, more likely in my opinion, finding your lack of presence scummy
Fext wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:41 am actually no reading his post he specifically notes "misclearing someone" so lol
It was the 2nd page, it's way to early to be forming reads based on thread presence, or clearing anybody.

Also wondering how his 'misclears' translates to a scum team of "can it be this easy?"
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Fext wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:42 amcan confirm
Your pocket attempt is duly noted, and while I appreciate the effort, it won't work...this time.

You may try again later if you like
Fext
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fext »

will do
Fext
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fext »

given LC is a leading wagon I do have to ask

in poking around I saw he just won a game as mafia where people were like really shocked by his performance

how much does that factor into all of your guys' perceptions of him in this game
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 315
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

Alison wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:46 am Seanzie is town.

Fext isn't.

[VOTE: Fext] aubergine
Why do you think I'm town?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Lime Coke wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:16 am
Alison wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:48 am By typical NAA bullshit I assume you mean the naked voting. Why is NAA on his typical NAA bullshit as town and not scum? He intentionally 0 posted the entire D1 of BTAS as wolf, so he definitely does weird shit as mafia too.

Why is "pointing out a single post and outing a read based on it" a thing Mac does as scum when it's one of the most common behaviors by any player in any game?

You're pulling on a lot of meta arguments here but none of them make any sense which makes me think you are mafia trying to replicate your town game of using meta to read people. The "I can read Mac after 5 posts" stuff in particular felt particularly performative (which you have admitted it was in #89) and looked more like a shallow attempt at replicating your usual meta shields on people except without the substance to back it up. Not a fan of you walking it back when pressed about it either, when town LC is stubborn about his meta reads.
I mean you're not wrong on those two being meta reads.

NAA did 0 post as mafia D1, but he also nearly 0 posted in Team Fortress Mafia...so that measurement is off the table.
His naked voting can go either way, I felt like him saying he was voting Mac first before naked voting Fext was on brand with something he'd just do as town as a sort of "I could care less about what everyone is thinking about what I'm doing" way at the time.

Mac as I said was towny stuff for him scumreading me early because of him not wanting me to fool him again in a small game, and could see him doing what he's doing to pressure me and see what I'm going to do in response.

However it popped into my mind when I read your post for some reason that when Alexa was under the Blaze account she did her giant meta-case on Mac and talked about one of the things he does as scum is quote a few random posts, slap a read on them, 1 post at a time, vote someone, and then disappear.

So that made me walk back my townread on Mac.

In terms of the stuff talking to Seanzie...that's again me deciding to become arrogant and double down on someone doubting my read ability, and since it's Mac I figured I can make reading him look easy.
Yes I know Mac had 2 insane scum games that he won just recently, he can still get lazy and decide to fuck around and open wolf, especially since fatigue from too many wolf rands can be a thing and it could lead to polarizing by circumstance.

Which I already stated I walked it back.
Lime Coke wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:25 am @Alison

Continuing on...

I'm not stating that I'm scumreading Mac, I'm basically putting him back to null to see what he does the rest of the day phase.

I'm flat out just taking the approach that I'm going to post my reads in the game, speak my mind on my reads, and attempt to get 100% accuracy.

I get that I said this in my scum game about Esooa specifically talking about "I know how to read her" but that's still a true statement that I'm working towards 100% accuracy.
I've also stated this about SPF because I read her mafia game on MU, and figured that I can gain a God Read on her...and technically I caught SPF during Coffia on Day 1 and had a mega case stating why she was mafia...however ended up faltering because of 1. Her responses and anger felt like town!SPF and I felt awful about the push and 2. Literally the only 2 people that interacted with the scum case or even mentioned the thing were Alexa, who was mafia, and Illario, who didn't get influenced by it but I understood why given his past with SPF in games.

Besides now, I'm not going to try to bother with defending myself and I'm going to look to gain the correct reads for this game. If I get yeeted I'm just going to state my reads and go into dead chat looking for how accurate I was. Attempting to remove salt and just play the game.
You seem like... really really worried about a little early D1 sus...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:19 am
Fext wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:29 am
Alison wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:51 am
Fext wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:59 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:55 pm
Fext wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:52 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:15 pm

I was voting Mac before Fext posted if that helps.
can confirm

was wondering if you'd say this

would have found it really towny if you did not but I don't necessarily think it's not towny to have said it (since it is, in fact, what happened)
Now tell me partner, what would've you thought had our ol'pal NAA didn't say nothin?
well it wasn't that he wouldn't say anything

it was a matter of what he chose to say

ceding to a defense of fact is easy for anybody to do

had he instead gone on the offense and explained only why he voted me with no mention of his prior vote I would have to believe that kind of motivation to push at the expense of a perfectly valid factual defense would come from town
This is incoherent bullshit. Scum players tend to at least try to justify their actions when pressed about them. If NAA naked votes you as scum he probably has an explanation in mind for it. It is absurd to say that giving this explanation without mentioning an earlier vote is somehow out of his scum range.
It's a matter of how people think, really

If you're gathering early votes as mafia in a game with no PRs in particular I'm sure the very last thing you want is to avoid giving people a fact that may help to lower their suspicion of you. Ergo, I would have found NAA not doing that to have been quite towny.

Basically, it's not a matter of me thinking he'd not have an explanation for why he voted me, but instead just the fact that if he chose to essentially redirect pressure on himself into positive force elsewhere without including a semi-relevant fact in his defense that doesn't actually do anything to help determine anyone's alignment, it would be indicative to me of a focus on solving over self-defense at a time when that would conventionally be completely unnecessary to go out of your way to project.

Considering he did not, and so I have not made any definitive statements on his alignment, I'm confused what you're all up in arms about - even if you disagree with my logic there, I'm not using it to make any actual reads in this game at the moment lol
[VOTE: Fekt] aubergine
Why do you want Fext to get Rekt (FEKT!)?

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Fext wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:05 am given LC is a leading wagon I do have to ask

in poking around I saw he just won a game as mafia where people were like really shocked by his performance

how much does that factor into all of your guys' perceptions of him in this game
I am voting for him for that reason and that reason alone.

All the things I've said in the thread are merely masking the fact that I am voting for him for that reason and that reason alone.

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Seanzie wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:20 pm
Fext wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:52 pm

can confirm

was wondering if you'd say this

would have found it really towny if you did not but I don't necessarily think it's not towny to have said it (since it is, in fact, what happened)
Now tell me partner, what would've you thought had our ol'pal NAA didn't say nothin?

had he instead gone on the offense and explained only why he voted me with no mention of his prior vote I would have to believe that kind of motivation to push at the expense of a perfectly valid factual defense would come from town
This is incoherent bullshit. Scum players tend to at least try to justify their actions when pressed about them. If NAA naked votes you as scum he probably has an explanation in mind for it. It is absurd to say that giving this explanation without mentioning an earlier vote is somehow out of his scum range.

If you're gathering early votes as mafia in a game with no PRs in particular I'm sure the very last thing you want is to avoid giving people a fact that may help to lower their suspicion of you. Ergo, I would have found NAA not doing that to have been quite towny.

Basically, it's not a matter of me thinking he'd not have an explanation for why he voted me, but instead just the fact that if he chose to essentially redirect pressure on himself into positive force elsewhere without including a semi-relevant fact in his defense that doesn't actually do anything to help determine anyone's alignment, it would be indicative to me of a focus on solving over self-defense at a time when that would conventionally be completely unnecessary to go out of your way to project.

Considering he did not, and so I have not made any definitive statements on his alignment, I'm confused what you're all up in arms about - even if you disagree with my logic there, I'm not using it to make any actual reads in this game at the moment lol
Their posts use a whole lotta words to say a whole lotta nuffin'
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:47 pm

Unfortunately IME they do that as town too...

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Seanzie wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:48 pm

In your experience, what do they do as scum?
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:51 pm

404 error.

This page does not exist.

NotAnAxehole
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 278
Preferred Pronouns: HE

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Seanzie wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:52 pm

404 error.

I did a quick check of Fext's last town game and they seem different here.
Russian Machine Never Breaks 769 #3
2022 Stats
| Overall 4-6 40% | Town 4-6 40% | Mafia 0-0 - |

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
| Overall 6-5 55% | Town 4-5 44% | Mafia 2-0 100% |
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:56 pm

404 error.

Which game is that? Different how?

Fext
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fext »

yeah what

that feels like BS lmao
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Seanzie wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:58 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:56 pm

404 error.

Which game is that? Different how?
The one on the Zelda forum.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

You were in that game Seanzie
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
Fext
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fext »

no wait it clearly is and I'm dumb for thinking you didn't think it was bs aren't I
Fext
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fext »

putting that ploy aside

if it helps you any NAA I am in fact town
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:07 pm You were in that game Seanzie
Yes, I was. I haven't noticed a difference in Fext yet. He had a more recent game on MafC though. The one you're looking at is his first game ever if I'm not mistaken.

Fext
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fext »

oh wait the one on the zelda forum
Fext
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fext »

and yeah that's correct
Fext
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fext »

The MafC game I subbed into under extenuating circumstances and so there was clearly no way you had actually compared it to this game 1:1
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

It doesn't really matter, I don't think Fext is the best kill for today anyway.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
Fext
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fext »

ily2 naa
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Fext wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:13 pmily2 naa
This is certainly a non-standard reaction. :blush:
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:15 pm
So you two are scum buddies? got it.

Fext
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fext »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:15 pm
:blush:
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Creature »

This game is so disappointing
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

This game is so disappointing
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Is Fext playing the newbcard this game?
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Creature wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:26 pm This game is so disappointing
Why?

NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Yeah, the game has actually been very civil, so this seems weird to me... Though, it also seems genuine to me, so that's also weird.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
Fext
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fext »

Creature wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:28 pm Is Fext playing the newbcard this game?
It is factually my fourth game of forum mafia ever

That being said I'd argue I'm not playing dumb because of it, nor asking for any special treatment
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Seanzie wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:35 pm
Why?
Really slow. Same bickering. Annoying questions that don't even help further the game. Also expected more from Alison and Mac.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Creature wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:28 pm Is Fext playing the newbcard this game?
Fext didn't bring up his level of experience, I did. so... what?

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Creature wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:59 pm
Seanzie wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:35 pm
Why?
Really slow. Same bickering. Annoying questions that don't even help further the game. Also expected more from Alison and Mac.
You're a large part of the problem since you've done nothing to move the gamestate forward.

Why do you expect the heavy hitters to just do everything every game? Why don't you do something?

Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:41 pm
Yeah, the game has actually been very civil, so this seems weird to me... Though, it also seems genuine to me, so that's also weird.
Uncivil games can be fun sometimes. This game, on the other hand, feels to have progressed so slowly.

Also who tf had falcon and me as wolves because they townread everybody else? Feels so weird to have that many townreads atp.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Seanzie wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:02 pm
At first I thought Fext was new to forum mafia but then he struck as knowing many mafia terms to be new.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Creature wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:03 pm
Uncivil games can be fun sometimes. This game, on the other hand, feels to have progressed so slowly.

Also who tf had falcon and me as wolves because they townread everybody else? Feels so weird to have that many townreads atp.
Lime Coke

Do you feel you've done anything to help push the game forward?
Fext
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fext »

Creature wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:06 pm
Seanzie wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:02 pm
At first I thought Fext was new to forum mafia but then he struck as knowing many mafia terms to be new.
I mean in terms of standard stuff I've played the game irl a few times and I've played a lot of Town of Salem

but in terms of forum games it's one on Zelda Dungeon, one on Giant in the Playground, and one on Mafia Cafe
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 76

Post by DrWilgy »

Creature wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:03 pm

Now feller, your really showing an uncouth attitude constantly ignoring me here.

I reckon that this is what they say is an anti-town behavior. If you were pro-town I'd say you'd at least be tryin to be extrapolatin.

Calling the game disappointin, how bout we make it not so?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Fext
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fext »

if I had to gth reads rn it'd look something like these two groups, townier one on top

NotAnAxehole
Creature
falcon45ca
Lime Coke

DrWilgy
MacDougall
Seanzie
Alison

although frankly I'm not confident I could put all of those into words I am open to being asked for what elaboration I can provide on a given player

also if I wrote this list again in an hour it could probably look completely different since I really am trying to build reads out of scraps
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Fext wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:46 pm if I had to gth reads rn it'd look something like these two groups, townier one on top

NotAnAxehole
Creature
falcon45ca
Lime Coke

DrWilgy
MacDougall
Seanzie
Alison

although frankly I'm not confident I could put all of those into words I am open to being asked for what elaboration I can provide on a given player

also if I wrote this list again in an hour it could probably look completely different since I really am trying to build reads out of scraps
Fext, I'm obvtown at this point, move me up.

Also LC does not belong there. Neither does NAA.

DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 76

Post by DrWilgy »

Now @Fext, I reckon you talk alot, but I ain't quite sure what you're thinkin.

Which rascals are scum and what's your thoughts on my exchange with creature?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Fext
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fext »

if the rest of y'all wanna fight me on LC that's fine but I'd imagine somebody under pressure to perform from just having won a scum game that surprised everyone would probably feel a bit more... crafted? specific? in their posting

NAA made me :blush:

and after last game I am hesitant to give you too much cred sorry not sorry (although do feel free to elaborate on what makes you obvtown, by all means :P)
Fext
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fext »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:50 pm Now @Fext, I reckon you talk alot, but I ain't quite sure what you're thinkin.

Which rascals are scum and what's your thoughts on my exchange with creature?
bruh

Return to “Previous Hustles”