GAME OF CHAMPIONS 2021 Endgame (town and 3p win)

Hell yeah?

Hell yeah
13%
HELL YEAH
63%
k
25%

Total votes: 16
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 445

Re: GAME OF CHAMPIONS 2021

Post by Master Radishes »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:46 am
Justplayingitcool wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:40 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:33 am But also there’s a lot of pretty hot and cute people in this game, so that helps.

I have one read and that is Guillo town. I’ll explain if that is controversial, but I don’t expect it to be.
I saw exactly one post from guillo last night and my gut was leaning towards town as well. I don't remember what that post was
He said he was gonna destroy wolves and gets things done on his own. And I kind of buy it, seems unnecessary flowery as a mafia lie.
I've only played one game with Guillo, he was scum, and what you bring up feels entirely NAI for him.

That said, if I had to compare one game of scum meta to this game so far, I'd lean him being Town too. He was a bit...more shouty/aggro in his exaggerations in the scum game (Spiderverse I think), whereas here he is just sorta firmly stating his takes.
Belzy
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 637
Aka: Erika (Mafia Cafe), Internet Cupid (MU)

Post by Belzy »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:49 am
Belzy wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:41 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:30 am
Belzy wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:27 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:52 pm Hello to everyone actually tbh tbh
Hello Dyslexicon,

How are you doing and how motivated are you for this game?
Belzy! I’m happy that you’re playing.

And I’m not very motivated for this game, at least not until at least half of us has died. Hope we all die soon.
Where does the lack of motivation come from?

And thank you, I am happy too!
Too many words I don’t want to read, too many players to keep track of, knowing that it probably won’t matter what I do in the end cause I’m just one cog and lol role madness, plus I’m writing on my phone right now and I hate that lol

Doesn’t mean I can’t have fun though. SO MUCH FUN
I am writing on my phone too. I don't play Mafia that much on computer/laptop anymore. Fun always come first.

So what can we expect from you this game? Because I do think it matters what you do, and you don't come across townly this way.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Also, as someone who never reads the OP...did no one read the OP?

Like the first lines from Nanook demand and plead with you to read it. It has clearly stated from the beginning the whole 'choose mates or choose roles' thing.

No one is allowed to be derpcleared from this.
EnderWiggin
Made Man
Posts in topic: 162
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by EnderWiggin »

Belzy wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:49 am
EnderWiggin wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:48 am
Justplayingitcool wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:48 am calling belzy and radishes not w/w
Seconded.

Which category is this?
Hi Ender! How are you doing?
Hi Belzy, could be better, could be worse.

Having fun with this game.

How about you?
We can only trust the truth. Everything else is a lie.
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:50 am
Belzy wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:48 am
sabie12 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:45 am
Belzy wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:23 am
Alison wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:14 am
nutella wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:16 am I would absolutely pick wilgy hes a sleeper god wolf
That's how I feel about Belzy.
I searched my own name to fill my ego, and you are the only one who mentioned just me in a post before I started posting. And also thank @Marmot for the signing up appreciating that I am playing. I have not played Mafia in a while, but I do remember enjoying both of you two.

One of my weaknesses is playing a 20+ people game, let alone 33 people, though I only counted 32 players showing up in the Discord server, but it feels like an honour to participate in a yearly champ game. If anyone has good advice how to play day 1 in such big game... i wanna play a good town game finally again, and solve and lynch the scummies.
I agree keeping up with a game this huge is hard at first sometimes. I'm a bit out of practice as well but trying to get back into having another good game for once. I'm pretty sure no one ever would have picked me for a scum team because I haven't had a good game in a long time. Hoping to change that though.
Scum pick their own teammates this game? Is this for real?
Lolwat
That's what I read in that post, but I think this game is too closed and madness to know that.
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

EnderWiggin wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:54 am
Belzy wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:49 am
EnderWiggin wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:48 am
Justplayingitcool wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:48 am calling belzy and radishes not w/w
Seconded.

Which category is this?
Hi Ender! How are you doing?
Hi Belzy, could be better, could be worse.

Having fun with this game.

How about you?
It can always be better and worse, so just focus on the better side of life.

I am good. Soon going to my best friends, after seeing barber first.
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

I think once we have a couple outed wolves we would have more info on whether they seem like chosen teammates vs chosen roles. In catching up I see Alexa was involved in two of the more notable interactions. The nutella thing I don't know that someone would have role info day 1 but if they did I guess it's plausible they didn't know if the role was town or mafia. The paopan thing to me sounded like Alexa was legit confused about why paopan said what he did. Paopans post was weird and confusing and he didnt explain why he said it but it seems like maybe he chose players he kinda remembered to see what thr response would be.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 617

Post by Justplayingitcool »

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:53 am Also, as someone who never reads the OP...did no one read the OP?

Like the first lines from Nanook demand and plead with you to read it. It has clearly stated from the beginning the whole 'choose mates or choose roles' thing.

I did not read the OP but you can't tell me that didn't feel genuine. belzy sorta felt unattached and out of the loop of what was going on
Spoiler: show
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 220

Post by Dyslexicon »

Scum can pick roles or players. If I had to pick, I’d definitely pick roles. Seems way more powerful, and picking people just seems like a ehhhh kind of mechanic. But that’s just me.

Picking the mafia team was done once at PerC in a game where the IC was mafia. Yeah. Think about that lol
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:53 am Also, as someone who never reads the OP...did no one read the OP?

I cannot find the picking teammates bit. In which spoiler is it? I do read the soup kill part now. @Dyslexicon omg, there is a soupkill this game!! At least we know what that means
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I actually did read the “please read” part, and then I thought “I’ll do it later” lol. Sorryyy.
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

This site still got the : you can vote in poll, and only there it counts, but if you wanna have your vote count in ties then you better vote thru posting also - policy going on?
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

In the OP it explains that mafia either chose their team or their roles. Plus there has been a lot of discussion as to which option is the better play. Some people were trying to speculate who they would choose for a team if they could. I think choosing roles sounds more advantageous.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Belzy wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:52 am
Hello Dyslexicon,

And I’m not very motivated for this game, at least not until at least half of us has died. Hope we all die soon.

Too many words I don’t want to read, too many players to keep track of, knowing that it probably won’t matter what I do in the end cause I’m just one cog and lol role madness, plus I’m writing on my phone right now and I hate that lol

I am writing on my phone too. I don't play Mafia that much on computer/laptop anymore. Fun always come first.

So what can we expect from you this game? Because I do think it matters what you do, and you don't come across townly this way.
I don’t know what you can expect from me, and I don’t think having an expectation is a great way to approach me read wise.

At least I think you are town cause I don’t see you intentionally fake derp like this. Unless you just didn’t know as mafia as well, which is possible ig. But also who cares. Please join the town core.
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:03 am
Hello Dyslexicon,

I don’t know what you can expect from me, and I don’t think having an expectation is a great way to approach me read wise.

At least I think you are town cause I don’t see you intentionally fake derp like this. Unless you just didn’t know as mafia as well, which is possible ig. But also who cares. Please join the town core.
I am happy to join a town core, but I don't see you as town core.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:52 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:33 am But also there’s a lot of pretty hot and cute people in this game, so that helps.

I have one read and that is Guillo town. I’ll explain if that is controversial, but I don’t expect it to be.
I saw exactly one post from guillo last night and my gut was leaning towards town as well. I don't remember what that post was
He said he was gonna destroy wolves and gets things done on his own. And I kind of buy it, seems unnecessary flowery as a mafia lie.
I've only played one game with Guillo, he was scum, and what you bring up feels entirely NAI for him.

That said, if I had to compare one game of scum meta to this game so far, I'd lean him being Town too. He was a bit...more shouty/aggro in his exaggerations in the scum game (Spiderverse I think), whereas here he is just sorta firmly stating his takes.
Maybe. But of the few posts I looked at that is the one I remember as hitting as genuine rather than fake. I could be wrong, but I’m also often not wrong in early impressions. I just talk myself out if them later and crumble.
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

I think there is a good chance Dyslexicon is scum this game, but I don't want to make the mistake to tunnel vision day 1. So I just will try to read more players, and because EOD is at midnight for me, I am always here at EOD and I can wait with voting until later. I have no idea if it helps to speculate who would pick who, but I always believe the best way to scum hunt is to read someone as either scummy or not scummy
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Jpic is probably ok too if I had to guess.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Belzy, you can at least call me Dizzy lol
Master Radishes
Hitman

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:07 am
Master Radishes wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:52 am

Maybe. But of the few posts I looked at that is the one I remember as hitting as genuine rather than fake. I could be wrong, but I’m also often not wrong in early impressions. I just talk myself out if them later and crumble.
I mean I'm basically agreeing with you just not for the reason you brought up (being unnecessarily flowery about destroying wolves etc).

I always get 100% of my early impressions correct because at some point in D1 I think everyone is towny for something and then scummy for something different. So at some point I'm correct on everyone!
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:13 am Belzy, you can at least call me Dizzy lol
But I am your special friend, so I... okay, I will try to go back to Dizzy. Sometimes I like to be formal.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Belzy wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:17 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:13 am Belzy, you can at least call me Dizzy lol
But I am your special friend, so I... okay, I will try to go back to Dizzy. Sometimes I like to be formal.
Belzybub
ilario
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Post by ilario »

Belzy wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:05 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:03 am

Hello Dyslexicon,

I am happy to join a town core, but I don't see you as town core.
LOL that burn
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Honestly yeah Betsy is probably town
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Greatings, Ilario, my evil twin :llama:
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:44 am Greatings, Ilario, my evil twin :llama:
dizzzy!!! hope u been well

one day we will both towncore as town, i wonder if that day is this game, we shall see
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:39 pmYeah, you'd think someone who posts something like that would get chopped.
That is actually the funniest salt I've ever tasted in my own mouth.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

ilario wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:47 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:44 am Greatings, Ilario, my evil twin :llama:

one day we will both towncore as town, i wonder if that day is this game, we shall see
Not according to Belzybub lol
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:54 am

I am not going to call you Dizzy if you call me Belzybub.
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

I’m shielding dizzy and belzybub for the rest of the day because I enjoy their dynamic
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Alexa
C4
Creature
Alison
Nutella
Ender
Hk
Seanzie
Belzybub

This list is probably pure

Honorable mentions: dizzy
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 639
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Paopan wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:20 pm Notice from everyone!
Kindly listen... so

I'm gonna play bad when being scum read
It would hinder me to give the town some info
So let's just play some game and stop the music
If you try to buddy me, I graciously accept
I am spreading love, but also wanting to become a hero
Let's have fun y'all and don't lynch me I have soo many things I can offer
Huh that’s old fashioned
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

ilario wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:30 pm Debating to myself if it’s worth tunneling this game or if it’s better to not get invested so it stings less when I’m probably right
God we are twins
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

ilario wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:14 am Alexa
C4
Creature
Alison
Nutella
Ender
Hk
Seanzie
Belzybub

Notably a syndi high end wolf team could be chosen from the people not on this list
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Belzy wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:03 am

Belzybub is the formal version, naturally. :llama:
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I’m gonna try to outpost Mac here but I might run into some technical difficulties
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:40 am
Belzy wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:03 am

Belzybub is the formal version, naturally. :llama:
Yes, so is Dyslexicon so you must understand they go together.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Scotty wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:35 pm Urist = autistic
Why is this too funny
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

ilario wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:14 am Alexa
C4
Creature
Alison
Nutella
Ender
Hk
Seanzie
Belzybub

Everyone knows that being a honourble mention you are not one of the chosen ones, so I approve of that. Dizzy, I mean Dyslexicon, deserves the honourable mention, I agree
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Marmot wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:46 pm
Ok but why am I more so looking for things that will crack me up

And I wish we were playing catch Phil Collins tbh. Someone please make that a game.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Marmot wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:49 pm Dear wolves,

Let’s make this clear so you don’t waste your time: I will not be one of your miselims this game.

You will soon think I could be, of course. Even with the postcap I will likely not be able to keep up with the tryhards on this roster, and I will inevitably be perceived as low-hanging fruit. ‘Marmot will be an easy chop’ you’ll think. ‘Probably a flash wagon candidate.’

But you will be mistaken. You simply won’t be able to mis-elim me. Not this time. I will pull out the WIM when I need to. I have tricks up my sleeves. In fact, save me the energy and just treat this post as an inno child claim. I am for all your intents and purposes untouchable. If you decide you want me out of this game, you will need to spend a kill on me.

It is not your fault you randed wolf, and I am nothing if not sympathetic to an unfortunate rand, so I give you this warning now to help you plan around it. Everyone deserves a fair shot.

In the words of Descartes, ‘I post therefore I am town’. Or, in the words of a more modern philosopher, ‘U Kant touch this’.

Good luck, wolves. Just don’t say I didn’t warn you.
Town
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

On page 16 or something

Town:
Alexa
Guillo
Sean
Marmot
Belzy
Ilario

This list could probably be longer, but these are the people I care more about.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Did the "LP slipped" thing ever get explained. Cause I didn't see anything. I don't think LP having weird/rigid logic is scummy for them. The way they called so many people scummy is kind of towny imo.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I don't really have any scum reads, but I would straight up yeet Sloonei here. He probably doesn't want to play because he's mafia.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

So I guess I do have a scum read lol
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

We should not chop Marmot D1. He's probably town and in any case his alignment will show, and I'd rather have him around if he's town.
Guillotine
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 400
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: King of Bastard Games

Post by Guillotine »

It's been brought to my attention that the phrase “I wipe my ass with your vote” was offensive to the people, so i will no longer wipe my ass with your votes, i apologize for thst.

I will instead wipe my beautiful flamingos with it

Awards

Played
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:55 am
Marmot wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:49 pm Dear wolves,

Let’s make this clear so you don’t waste your time: I will not be one of your miselims this game.

You will soon think I could be, of course. Even with the postcap I will likely not be able to keep up with the tryhards on this roster, and I will inevitably be perceived as low-hanging fruit. ‘Marmot will be an easy chop’ you’ll think. ‘Probably a flash wagon candidate.’

But you will be mistaken. You simply won’t be able to mis-elim me. Not this time. I will pull out the WIM when I need to. I have tricks up my sleeves. In fact, save me the energy and just treat this post as an inno child claim. I am for all your intents and purposes untouchable. If you decide you want me out of this game, you will need to spend a kill on me.

It is not your fault you randed wolf, and I am nothing if not sympathetic to an unfortunate rand, so I give you this warning now to help you plan around it. Everyone deserves a fair shot.

In the words of Descartes, ‘I post therefore I am town’. Or, in the words of a more modern philosopher, ‘U Kant touch this’.

Good luck, wolves. Just don’t say I didn’t warn you.
Town
That's a pasta btw.
Guillotine
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 400
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: King of Bastard Games

Post by Guillotine »

Belzy wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:45 am
Master Radishes wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:12 am [VOTE: LEAVE] aubergine
Is this a thing now? I am used it against the rules to speculate about subbing out, and also I find it very demotivating to read players saying they don't wanna be here. Please deal with this with the MoDs and hosts.
And yet you are also speculating about it in the thread.

Please stop.
Awards

Played
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:32 amThat's a pasta btw.
Oh lol. Probably let the Marmot live anyway.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”