GAME OF CHAMPIONS 2021 Endgame (town and 3p win)

Hell yeah?

Hell yeah
13%
HELL YEAH
63%
k
25%

Total votes: 16
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 227

Re: GAME OF CHAMPIONS 2021 D2a

Post by 112 »

Phil and Gloria wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:26 pm Mac sounds off

yes cuz last time you saw me I was drunk and belligerent and now I'm timid and hungover
posting right now is my scummy-sounding alter, so any and all reads applied on the basis of these posts are void.
LinearPoint
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 513

Post by LinearPoint »

You know, Neeko sometimes wonders if this is a hydra or just Mac.
ImageImage
alexa
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 978
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by alexa »

previously i did an extensive meta dive on mac, i just referenced it back and i do think he's playing closer to his scum meta GTH tbh
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 639
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: GAME OF CHAMPIONS 2021 D2

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

alexa wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:56 pm
Spoiler: show
sig wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:25 am I’m alive and here and 55 pages behind
sig wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:25 am And probably not catching up today., oops.

Have army junk all weekend + moving made me semi forget this game.
sig wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:24 am
Belzy wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:28 am

If you are town, make sure to make 5 or more posts, or else scum can kill you off for free.
First town read right here.
sig wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:34 am
Marmot wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:20 am Anyway, I finished reading Alison's case on Creature.

[VOTE: Alison] aubergine for slipping and spewing multiple other players town.
I tried reading marmot since saw he flipped not much there tbh.

This is the only post that stands out.

On hand I’d say maybe this implicates creature since that was the case but not sure.

Either way I’d say Allison is looking good
sig wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:35 am
Alison wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:06 pm Hard claiming Gambit Demon from Shadow Corridors. It's a little modified from the original version but still keeps the spirit of it. Here's the basic rundown.

- I offer a permanent ability to someone at night. abilities are: track, roleblock, silence (can't speak during next day), disenfranchise (can't vote during next day), give a post restriction, thieving (steal the abilities of who you voted for), protecting, bus driving

- If my offer is accepting, they gain the ability, but I can choose one of two options: either all night actions cast on me get redirected to them the next night OR all votes cast on me get redirected to them the next day.

- I fulfil my win condition if the number of people who I've bargained with exceed the number of people who haven't.

I'm gonna offer the same deal that I proposed in shadow corridors. Y'all come up with consensus town and I'll offer powers to them. In exchange I get a free win, you get free power roles, everyone profits.

FAQ
- how do we know you aren't tricking us into some horrible fate???
take it on trust, host read that they aren't going to have a 3P nuke half the game in GOC, whatever. In Shadow Corridors I proposed some tactics to guard against 3P betrayal, you can try those. Yes I know I was mafia that game but my tactics were legit.

- what if the mafia soupkills you???
imagine being a coward and soupkilling the gambit demon instead of trying to go deep and get the power offered to you instead

- how do we know you're not mafia pretending to be a 3P???
my plan is pretty clearly laid out to give me a free win while also helping the town out. I fully intend to have "auto" from post 1 and will be putting in close to 0 effort to solve or influence the game from this point on. It doesn't make much strategical sense for me to do that if I'm mafia, especially since it will become too obvious that I'm lying about being 3P as the game goes on.

- how do we know you won't side with the mafia after you win like the original Gambit Demon did???
Long Con sided with mafia because he was sentimental and wanted to root for the underdog. I am not sentimental. Siding with the mafia after the town gave me my win is pointless. I have already gotten my win; putting in extra effort is not only meaningless, it actively compromises my ability to make further deals in this vein when I roll 3P in the future. It's strictly suboptimal to do that, so you can be pretty sure I won't do it.

make sure to @ me if you want to tell me who your consensus town to bargain is or have any questions/comments, since I won't be reading the thread closely.

Didn’t you screw town over last time you had this role?
sig wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:38 am Okay I’m real quick throwing out town reads for sabie/TSP was just mafia with them and posts are a bit different sabie will be more clear in a few days if mafia for sure
sig wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:39 am [VOTE: Alison] aubergine

I did civ read her but then saw her role claim. Third party roles aren’t great especially when they claim to help town but like don’t need to.

Sure she may be town sided now but with 7 mafia members it could easily flip on us
sig wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:41 am
DrWilgy wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:30 pm Mfw Sig doesn't have a wagon yet

:mad:

C'mon it's D1 of the GoC people. Get your priorities straight.
Literally lol
sig wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:42 am
Justplayingitcool wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:41 am There is no way that claim is serious lol
I’ve read only snippets so if she renegaded oops I’m not aware, chances are extremely low honestly, statistically, but like why not believe her?

If we say it’s accurate it isn’t a role I want around and we know it’s not town so won’t hurt our numbers.

Usually I’m not a big 3P hunter still not, but right now seems like a smart move
@TonyStarkPrime what about these day 1 posts feel towny to you?
I read them and think "yep that's town sig". I think he's a pretty easy read on average.
alexa
Loan Shark

Re: GAME OF CHAMPIONS 2021 D2

Post by alexa »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:33 pm
alexa wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:56 pm
sig wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:25 am I’m alive and here and 55 pages behind

sig wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:24 am
Belzy wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:28 am

If you are town, make sure to make 5 or more posts, or else scum can kill you off for free.
First town read right here.
sig wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:34 am
Marmot wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:20 am Anyway, I finished reading Alison's case on Creature.

[VOTE: Alison] aubergine for slipping and spewing multiple other players town.
I tried reading marmot since saw he flipped not much there tbh.

This is the only post that stands out.

On hand I’d say maybe this implicates creature since that was the case but not sure.

Either way I’d say Allison is looking good
sig wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:35 am
Alison wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:06 pm Hard claiming Gambit Demon from Shadow Corridors. It's a little modified from the original version but still keeps the spirit of it. Here's the basic rundown.

- I offer a permanent ability to someone at night. abilities are: track, roleblock, silence (can't speak during next day), disenfranchise (can't vote during next day), give a post restriction, thieving (steal the abilities of who you voted for), protecting, bus driving

- If my offer is accepting, they gain the ability, but I can choose one of two options: either all night actions cast on me get redirected to them the next night OR all votes cast on me get redirected to them the next day.

- I fulfil my win condition if the number of people who I've bargained with exceed the number of people who haven't.

I'm gonna offer the same deal that I proposed in shadow corridors. Y'all come up with consensus town and I'll offer powers to them. In exchange I get a free win, you get free power roles, everyone profits.

FAQ
- how do we know you aren't tricking us into some horrible fate???
take it on trust, host read that they aren't going to have a 3P nuke half the game in GOC, whatever. In Shadow Corridors I proposed some tactics to guard against 3P betrayal, you can try those. Yes I know I was mafia that game but my tactics were legit.

- what if the mafia soupkills you???
imagine being a coward and soupkilling the gambit demon instead of trying to go deep and get the power offered to you instead

- how do we know you're not mafia pretending to be a 3P???
my plan is pretty clearly laid out to give me a free win while also helping the town out. I fully intend to have "auto" from post 1 and will be putting in close to 0 effort to solve or influence the game from this point on. It doesn't make much strategical sense for me to do that if I'm mafia, especially since it will become too obvious that I'm lying about being 3P as the game goes on.

- how do we know you won't side with the mafia after you win like the original Gambit Demon did???
Long Con sided with mafia because he was sentimental and wanted to root for the underdog. I am not sentimental. Siding with the mafia after the town gave me my win is pointless. I have already gotten my win; putting in extra effort is not only meaningless, it actively compromises my ability to make further deals in this vein when I roll 3P in the future. It's strictly suboptimal to do that, so you can be pretty sure I won't do it.

make sure to @ me if you want to tell me who your consensus town to bargain is or have any questions/comments, since I won't be reading the thread closely.

Didn’t you screw town over last time you had this role?
sig wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:38 am Okay I’m real quick throwing out town reads for sabie/TSP was just mafia with them and posts are a bit different sabie will be more clear in a few days if mafia for sure
sig wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:39 am [VOTE: Alison] aubergine

I did civ read her but then saw her role claim. Third party roles aren’t great especially when they claim to help town but like don’t need to.

Sure she may be town sided now but with 7 mafia members it could easily flip on us
sig wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:41 am
DrWilgy wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:30 pm Mfw Sig doesn't have a wagon yet

:mad:

C'mon it's D1 of the GoC people. Get your priorities straight.
Literally lol
sig wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:42 am
Justplayingitcool wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:41 am There is no way that claim is serious lol
I’ve read only snippets so if she renegaded oops I’m not aware, chances are extremely low honestly, statistically, but like why not believe her?

If we say it’s accurate it isn’t a role I want around and we know it’s not town so won’t hurt our numbers.

Usually I’m not a big 3P hunter still not, but right now seems like a smart move
@TonyStarkPrime what about these day 1 posts feel towny to you?
I read them and think "yep that's town sig". I think he's a pretty easy read on average.
what this game is different than how he plays as scum?
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 639
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I think there's a sort of boisterous energy that he has at town with something of a "i don't know what's going on and I don't care to find out" spirit that doesn't reproduce well as scum. It's not an exact distinction -- he's still loud as scum, but his loudness is more directed, if that makes sense
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 445

Post by Master Radishes »

Sig could be town. But that nutella shot means he's one of our four.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Like normally I'm someone who sticks to the principle of 'momentum votes and policy votes are bad, always just pick the scummiest person' but since we have 4 shots at once may as well choose a couple 'yeah they could easily be a wolf' type of players like Sig and Sabie, imo.
Master Radishes
Hitman

And honestly if HK is out, and Sig and Sabie flip green, then jfc I don't want to be in this game anymore.

I'm really banking on this game being fairly 'easy' after all or else I'm going to something (I couldn't think of how to finish this to appropriately express the muddy mix of emotions I'd feel in that scenario).
Master Radishes
Hitman

alexa wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:31 pm previously i did an extensive meta dive on mac, i just referenced it back and i do think he's playing closer to his scum meta GTH tbh
I agree and have said so but also Dizzy spew is a thing.
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 212
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

i think sig is gonna flip green. I think the way he reacted to copy pasta multiple times and the way he claimed the nut shot mean he's a wrong villager
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

i don't know who to pick as a fourth vote.

112 looks really good in relation to dizzy. c4.. i want to give merit to the Sloonei read/points against him, but i also felt like he responded well and honestly, this has just consistently felt like typical v!c4 to me.

i'm not sure if i'm not giving his scum game enough credit.

i've talked about Guillo already, but he has played in a self-sacrificial way that i don't believe he'd risk as wolf. he makes bold plays as wolf but as bold as to try to taunt me into shooting him when he knows i have a gun by calling me a coward? i don't really believe he would do that.

Wilgy, IDK. I don't really have a solid read on him but I want to respect ilario's strong townread.

TSP could be a villager but he's been pinging me at various points so I think without further information, I am best off sticking with [VOTE: TSP] aubergine as my fourth.
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 617

Post by Justplayingitcool »

inb4 everyone up for votes is actually not mafia
Master Radishes
Hitman

Justplayingitcool wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:57 pm inb4 everyone up for votes is actually not mafia
I am actively resisting the urge to make a team without these 8 because it will only cause me grief.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Please dear god let us hit at least one.
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

afk fishing at catherby, musing about the game.

i just lost the game.

falcon45ca = mafia is my legacy assuming eod is in like an hour.
Belzy
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 637
Aka: Erika (Mafia Cafe), Internet Cupid (MU)

Post by Belzy »

[VOTE: c4e5g3d5] aubergine
[VOTE: sig] aubergine
[VOTE: hollowkatt] aubergine
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:01 pm Please dear god let us hit at least one.
Trite and unemotional. :disappoint:
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

[vimeo]sabie12[/vimeo]
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

[VOTE: sabie12] aubergine
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 617

Post by Justplayingitcool »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:42 pm I think there's a sort of boisterous energy that he has at town with something of a "i don't know what's going on and I don't care to find out" spirit that doesn't reproduce well as scum. It's not an exact distinction -- he's still loud as scum, but his loudness is more directed, if that makes sense
But if he didn’t know what was going on… why shoot
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 317

Post by falcon45ca »

112 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:04 pm afk fishing at catherby, musing about the game.

i just lost the game.

He and I have had a heart to heart, I can sure you he's Town, thru and thru.

Why do you feel he's Maf?
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
LinearPoint
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 513

Post by LinearPoint »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:01 pm Please dear god let us hit at least one.
To be fair it's physically impossibly to hit 4 Town with HK being outed.
ImageImage
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 1419

Post by Creature »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:57 pm inb4 everyone up for votes is actually not mafia
I've been feeling bad all day because of this possibility
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I don't even get the wolf motivation for sig and sabie12
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

Creature wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:23 pm I don't even get the wolf motivation for sig and sabie12
same

with hk outed as possible 3p, sabie looks better to me
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

[unvote]sig[/unvote]

sigh
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Already feels like sig and sabie will be misses so we gotta hope one of 112/TSP is a hit
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Sometimes I have the feeling only wolves are playing the game since the 8 lynch options were announced
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:15 pm
112 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:04 pm afk fishing at catherby, musing about the game.

i just lost the game.

He and I have had a heart to heart, I can sure you he's Town, thru and thru.

Why do you feel he's Maf?
:/

you are severely wolf this game and i don't see how others don't see it

instead of asking me why i think you're wolf, tell me why you're town imo
ilario
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Post by ilario »

alexa wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:41 am @ilario i thought you were coming around to guillo V. what changed?
I was but his solving isn’t going anywhere

I respect his wolf game but I also respect his town game and what does he have to show for it so far? All he did was tunnel Nutella and u d1, fypov thats tunneling two townies one of which is nutella whose just never a wolf there. D2 he hasn’t given any strong reads I remember other than an omgus on belzy, there 5 wolves and I don’t see him pushing a single one. Guillo should know himself that by his own standards for his town game he is underperforming
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:44 am @ilario how many more posts does Alexa need to be SBPC cleared
Lollll idk if sbpc would ever work on her she’s usually topping as either alignment i think
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

falcon's and Belzy's claims probably need more scrutiny tomorrow if we don't lose by then
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 37

Post by sig »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:42 pm Sig could be town. But that nutella shot means he's one of our four.
Kinda dumb logic tbh when we’ve got so many unclaimed shots that hit civs
ImageImage
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

dyachei wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:02 pm maybe im crazy but im not really seeing why tsp is a wolf?
Me neither
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

alexa might be wolf mostly for underperforming this game
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

sig wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:35 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:42 pm Sig could be town. But that nutella shot means he's one of our four.
Kinda dumb logic tbh when we’ve got so many unclaimed shots that hit civs
Only Scotty and Urist are unclaimed shots
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

Creature wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:35 pm falcon's and Belzy's claims probably need more scrutiny tomorrow if we don't lose by then
this is how i know you're town
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 37

Post by sig »

Also what a dumb top 8

I’ll be back if I’m still alive next phase
ImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

alexa
Belzy
falcon45ca
Porscha

I think all need to be looked at
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Sometimes I wonder whether the dead town players are waiting for the wolf to be lynched or watching us disappointed.
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 266

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Tabbing out of Dobbrus to say hi

I tried to PoE out my votes and just got annoyed so eh
Progression cases are bad.
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

Ohh 112 thinks I'm supreme thank you! For real though I didn't mean to be coming off as AtE sorry about that if it seemed that way. I complained a bit but I'm not the only one who was feeling frustrated by the weird dynamic this multi vote thing has caused. Not sure why 112 has it out for me so bad this game but its okay I'm not mad about it. I'm heading out of work and will catch up more when I get home.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

Creature wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:38 pm alexa
Belzy
falcon45ca
Porscha

I think all need to be looked at
i still have a townread on belzy
you're right about alexa - i see her posting a lot but idk where her posts really go sometimes?
falcon is wolfing
porscha i barely remembering anything from so i'll abstain from commenting
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

ilario wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:33 pm
alexa wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:41 am @ilario i thought you were coming around to guillo V. what changed?
I was but his solving isn’t going anywhere

I respect his wolf game but I also respect his town game and what does he have to show for it so far? All he did was tunnel Nutella and u d1, fypov thats tunneling two townies one of which is nutella whose just never a wolf there. D2 he hasn’t given any strong reads I remember other than an omgus on belzy, there 5 wolves and I don’t see him pushing a single one. Guillo should know himself that by his own standards for his town game he is underperforming
do you really think w!him would willingly sacrifice himself that early when i had a gun and could very well have shot him?
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Do I have to sort you gremlins, like, tournament style
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

sabie12 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:41 pm Ohh 112 thinks I'm supreme thank you! For real though I didn't mean to be coming off as AtE sorry about that if it seemed that way. I complained a bit but I'm not the only one who was feeling frustrated by the weird dynamic this multi vote thing has caused. Not sure why 112 has it out for me so bad this game but its okay I'm not mad about it. I'm heading out of work and will catch up more when I get home.
:)
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Creature wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:36 pm alexa might be wolf mostly for underperforming this game
IDT i've been underperforming. i've been leaning on mechs a lot and i had a bad read on dizzy which i was obviously upset about, but i am extremely close to mech-cleared.
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

This is a mechanic from a tournament style game after all
alexa
Loan Shark