33%

Total votes: 18
osieorb18
The Mark
Posts in topic: 114
Preferred Pronouns: Any are fine

Re: The Rings of Power - Day One

Post by osieorb18 »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:24 pm like dunya is just outed mafia for having such bad and baseless reads lol
Versus her normal god tier reads?
osieorb18
The Mark

Post by osieorb18 »

dunya wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:42 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:40 pm
dunya wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:40 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:16 pm
dunya wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:57 pm
dunya wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:56 pm mac / osie never aligned.
actually, i mean never both mafia.

they can still be both town.
how have you arrived at this conclusion given I have said nothing about osie
I'll give u time to figure it out babe
or you could just answer me
I have to figure out if osie is wolf before I do that sorry.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 77

Post by MacDougall »

osieorb18 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:25 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:24 pm like dunya is just outed mafia for having such bad and baseless reads lol
Versus her normal god tier reads?
yes, dunya ordinarily is the best town player that exists on the entire planet and that is no hyperbole
osieorb18
The Mark

Post by osieorb18 »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:41 pm Why is Dunya awake
Why is Dunya a cake?
osieorb18
The Mark

Post by osieorb18 »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:52 pm I'm more annoyed by Mac than anyone else
I can change that!
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 126

Post by DaughterOfOmega »

I've changed my mind on Moonwink a bit, but also I've never played with them since they said they are a MU nub
osieorb18
The Mark

Post by osieorb18 »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:05 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:59 pm im still tilted that doom said i am annoying when we have a near identical worldview and i felt like we were working together, talk about all time deflating moments in mafia jesus christ
If you want to know why, I wanted to see things from people outside of the worldview I already have. Doubling down on a world that has no locked in information can lead you down a bad road
Is it the Boulevard of Broken Dreams?

Oddly enough, even though I still want to see some more explanations of your reads, I sorta gut-townread this post for some unknown reason.
Scotty wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:07 pm
osieorb18 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:15 pm
dunya wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:53 pm
osieorb18 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:06 pm
dunya wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:29 am NAA is NotAnAxehole confirmed.
I hate reads like this.
i was explaining who NAA was to andres :(
No you weren't; that was over 100 posts later.

Unless you are referring to something that happened in scumchat between the two of you?
lol this is a stretch
It is and it isn't.

Dunya already explained in signups who NAA was.

Post 54's comment on NAA is a statement that implies that it means something while actually saying very little.
MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:14 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:13 pm
I kinda agree except like…is that scum Dunya’s thing? Baseless reads?
scum dunya's things is doing whatever she wants with confidence and getting away with it because she's dunya and everyone who plays mafia with her is a simp
This comes across as "I'm jealous because the cool girl is more popular than me." I don't think that's your intention, but just saying...
dunya wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:15 pm
scum dunya's things is doing whatever she wants with confidence and getting away with it because she's dunya and everyone who plays mafia with her is a simp
That's rude ok. I hate it when people say things like that to me so please stop.
:hug:
Moonwink wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:21 pm
Now I'm curious. What does scum-me tend to do from your experience? o: I feel like I try to do the same thing as you say Dunya does.
Is that alignment-specific from you?
osieorb18
The Mark

Post by osieorb18 »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:44 pm I just think you get away with a lot of obviously scummy shit when you're mafia because people enjoy you (and are afraid of mischopping you cuz if you're town you can solo win games) and if it makes you feel better I feel the same way about myself a lot of the time. There are many players (yourself included) who are very good at reading me and often see me for who i am when I am mafia and find it endlessly frustrating convincing people to throw me off the bus. It's a similar dynamic I feel with you. Certainly me saying that people simp for you isn't a slight against you at all so not sure why you'd feel that it is.
It's kinda like being a nice person and not succumbing to internet culture are good things for any game. But I actually firmly believe that this is not alignment specific, tbh.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

"This comes across as "I'm jealous because the cool girl is more popular than me." I don't think that's your intention, but just saying..."

does it really? that's a weird thing for you to think given it's clearly a self explanatory point that has fuck all to do with me making a statement about her popularity and everything to do with me simply scumreading her in a game of mafia.
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

Do you know what I hate most? Anyone being considered "good enough to solo carry games"

Literally, I've solved plenty of games by myself, and nobody considers me able to do so, or cares about my ability to do so.

My point, any mafia player who understands the basics to a solid extent can solve a game by themselves. It's so stupid to ever hear the term "good mafia player."

Just from my experience, the absolute best spot to be in is a good player who puts no fear into any other player. I often get to live to endgames and just solve/enjoy the game. Fucking hate egos tbh.

p.s. Although I do sometimes get annoyed at jokes thrown my way like recently on MU was someone saying "Benji could never be that person, he would never be able to do that well." Even though I hate egos, people who mock my ability and deadname/misgender me in one comment, good god I wanted to slap said player.
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:31 am Do you know what I hate most? Anyone being considered "good enough to solo carry games"

Literally, I've solved plenty of games by myself, and nobody considers me able to do so, or cares about my ability to do so.

My point, any mafia player who understands the basics to a solid extent can solve a game by themselves. It's so stupid to ever hear the term "good mafia player."

Just from my experience, the absolute best spot to be in is a good player who puts no fear into any other player. I often get to live to endgames and just solve/enjoy the game. Fucking hate egos tbh.

p.s. Although I do sometimes get annoyed at jokes thrown my way like recently on MU was someone saying "Benji could never be that person, he would never be able to do that well." Even though I hate egos, people who mock my ability and deadname/misgender me in one comment, good god I wanted to slap said player.
it's ok Rach, just murder them n1 :feb:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

yeah I too hate it when people compliment other people really grinds my gears
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:37 am yeah I too hate it when people compliment other people really grinds my gears
ah yes

What I said was really about compliments Mac.

Seriously, you just are the best
Moonwink
The Mark
Posts in topic: 119
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself
Aka: Hyena

Post by Moonwink »

Marmot wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:24 pm Why is Moonwink the leading wagon?
I semi-encouraged it, admittedly. XD

With Scotty, I used him indirectly to try to poke at Axehole/StarV, and Scotty reacted to it with a vote. In my experience, when the people I use to test other players react negatively to my shenanigans, it's completely NAI.

With Mac, I'm pretty sure it's mostly poking around as usual? I'm letting him do his thing to see if people follow.

Omega is the only person who I think had a push on me that I could read into, but I already had a townread on her from earlier when it seemed like she got annoyed with me for misunderstanding what she was trying to say about Pokemon and Yugioh. Of course, I could be have been reading the whole situation wrong, but that's what I'm sticking to until I'm told otherwise.

Also, hi, Marmot. <3
srceenplay wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:30 pm
Marmot wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:28 pm
srceenplay wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:27 pm other news,
I liked omega and wasn't excited about mac.

What don't you like about Mac? From reading page 6, I've locked him in as town.
just paranoid.
they feels forceful
When doesn't Mac feel forceful? I can't count the number of times I've gotten into arguments with town!Mac when I wanted to do things (i.e. kill certain people) my way but he, instead, forced things to go his way. XD
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

You verbatim, out of context, are complaining about people being considered good at mafia.

Someone considering themselves being good at mafia, sure, lame, not that I have an issue with it or would care about it, but you didn't say that. You said verbatim, that "what you hate most" is people being considered good enough to solo carry games, subsequently elaborating that the term "good mafia player" is the stupidest thing ever.

Which I am ever so sorry but I entirely disagree with. People being impressed that others are good at a mafia game is perfectly fine and FUN and people should strive in games to get good at them cuz it's fun. People thinking they are good at mafia. Perfectly fine. The idea that some people are better than others at mafia, perfectly acceptable, normal and demonstrable by many metrics.

Furthermore, you clearly are taking a stab at me mentioning that Dunya is good enough as town to solo win games. I have seen it with my own eyes many times. So it's not stupid. Again, it's demonstrably factually a thing.

Have I seen you have game breaking reads for town. Yes. Would I readily suggest that. No. Why? Because I've been playing mafia with Dunya since 2011 and have seen it dozens of times. I've seen it from you maybe twice. Is it a consistent behaviour from you? I have no idea cuz we've played maybe 3 games together ever.

Now onto a more relevant point. In this game we have had similar pings from similar people. So I would presume your reads are >rand accurate in this particular game. Yet, you called me annoying and have now for some reason gone on a diatribe about me thinking Dunya is good at mafia. That's two examples of you negatively engaging me that have nothing to do with reading my alignment or solving the game and I'd appreciate if you wouldn't.
Moonwink
The Mark

Post by Moonwink »

MartinGG99 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:44 pm
Moonwink wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:02 pm It sucks that Martin dipped after getting called scummy by a couple folks. :< Maybe they are actually scum and got discouraged when their joke fell flat?
it hasn't been 20 hours since and I get called for dipping in a game for low-posting ;-;

really tho when I checked this morning iirc there wasn't many more posts than I had read

post #101 was made only 6ish hours ago
I defended you from the people who were calling your joke scummy. ;-; I wanted to see if you'd react to it.
MartinGG99 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:58 pm there's like 8 or less people I can remember playing with in here

prob a bit less for those I can be confident in reading at some point

was wondering why not much was coming to me

I just don't know them to believe that anything I read as town/scum AI couldn't possibly be playstyle or NAI due to meta
I want to read this a certain way, but have you actually read the entire game yet? :3 Or, at the very least, all of my posts?
DaughterOfOmega wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:39 am I've changed my mind on Moonwink a bit, but also I've never played with them since they said they are a MU nub
Thanks. <3 Though, I'm more of a Town of Salem FM nub (at least, I was until the community died last year ;-;). I only tend to play Turbos and Mashes on MU.
osieorb18 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:54 am
Moonwink wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:21 pm
Now I'm curious. What does scum-me tend to do from your experience? o: I feel like I try to do the same thing as you say Dunya does.
Is that alignment-specific from you?
Probably not, honestly. XD I like to do crazy stuff as either alignment. The difference is that as town, I only do it half for amusement (the other half is to analyze how people react to it), where as when I'm scum, it's all for amusement and fun. <3
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:31 am Do you know what I hate most? Anyone being considered "good enough to solo carry games"

I'm curious, what in particular about mafia do you like/enjoy? I ask, because you've mentioned a number of things in this game that annoy you, or that you dislike or hate, but nothing that you enjoy about it. The answer could be nothing for all I know, but I am interested.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Moonwink wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:48 am
Marmot wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:24 pm Why is Moonwink the leading wagon?
I semi-encouraged it, admittedly. XD

With Scotty, I used him indirectly to try to poke at Axehole/StarV, and Scotty reacted to it with a vote. In my experience, when the people I use to test other players react negatively to my shenanigans, it's completely NAI.

With Mac, I'm pretty sure it's mostly poking around as usual? I'm letting him do his thing to see if people follow.

Omega is the only person who I think had a push on me that I could read into, but I already had a townread on her from earlier when it seemed like she got annoyed with me for misunderstanding what she was trying to say about Pokemon and Yugioh. Of course, I could be have been reading the whole situation wrong, but that's what I'm sticking to until I'm told otherwise.

Also, hi, Marmot. <3

just paranoid.
they feels forceful
When doesn't Mac feel forceful? I can't count the number of times I've gotten into arguments with town!Mac when I wanted to do things (i.e. kill certain people) my way but he, instead, forced things to go his way. XD

I nominate myself as the new lead wagon.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Moonwink
The Mark

Post by Moonwink »

srceenplay wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:24 pm blah
Creature interacting is not how I remember them playing. From what I remember they always scum coasted. Maybe town coasted as well. They dont feel bad though.

Dunya confident IDGAF what you think feels towny to me but what mac says makes me think twice about it.

Nanook can be voted off

Moonwink idk without going back and rereading.
As the player with the 2nd most votes, I take issue with you not having a read on me, especially when you have your vote on HK, which I feel is a cop out. :< Have I not given enough content yet compared to HK? What is HK doing that I'm not that's grabbing your attention?
Moonwink
The Mark

Post by Moonwink »

just paranoid.
they feels forceful
Okay, for real, why haven't you given a read on me? It feels like you're paying attention to other going-ons, but when it comes to the people actually getting wagoned (I'm pretty sure I was the lead wagon at one point), you don't seem to have much interest in leading people to or away from certain wagons?

----

To all: I'd be okay with srceenplay being a secondary wagon instead of me. Put up Jack and srceen and let's see what happens.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 74
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Moonwink wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:58 am
MartinGG99 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:44 pm
Moonwink wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:02 pm It sucks that Martin dipped after getting called scummy by a couple folks. :< Maybe they are actually scum and got discouraged when their joke fell flat?
it hasn't been 20 hours since and I get called for dipping in a game for low-posting ;-;

really tho when I checked this morning iirc there wasn't many more posts than I had read

post #101 was made only 6ish hours ago
I defended you from the people who were calling your joke scummy. ;-; I wanted to see if you'd react to it.
MartinGG99 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:58 pm there's like 8 or less people I can remember playing with in here

prob a bit less for those I can be confident in reading at some point

was wondering why not much was coming to me

I just don't know them to believe that anything I read as town/scum AI couldn't possibly be playstyle or NAI due to meta
I want to read this a certain way, but have you actually read the entire game yet? :3 Or, at the very least, all of my posts?
Well, I thought it looked positively because I kinda felt like it was tonally just playfulness (ex: the "to be disagreeable" part)

which really isn't what I tend to see in non-town

but as I said I don't quite know many people in this game; yourself included

just feels like too rash to say I like your slot so far bc for all I know you may show that tone regardless of alignment

Also feels like you could be the sterotypical person who's nice to have around but is secretly a mass-murdering mastermind instead :scared:

and yes I've read preety much everything so far (I may have skimmed a few posts however)
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

hollowkatt wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:13 pm
srceenplay wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:49 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:34 pm
srceenplay wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:22 pm [VOTE: hallowkatt] aubergine
wait, I'm doing the harder of the two things and you're voting me for it? or are you voting me b/c I said to scotty idc if he thinks it's lazy
You are entertaining the idea that you are doing the harder and lazy thing?

Calling almost 1/4 of the player group town is over confident and/or scumy to me.
No, YOU said it was the harder of the two things. Scotty said it was Lazy, and I said "I don't care if you think it's lazy, I think it's useful."
How many town reads is too many screenplay? Do you think I'm wrong? Do you think I have TMI? What is it?

Or are you not wanting this many people to be drawing town reads this early b/c that's what I think.
hollowkatt wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:25 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:06 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:04 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:03 pm MacDougall is a player in this game.
he hasn't tried to pocket me yet, means he's probs town
I'll be the decider of that.
the last two times he was a wolf he straight up tried to (and succeeded for a time) in pocketing me.
hollowkatt wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:33 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:11 pm @hollowkatt I need your help to develop my reads, what would you say is the most prominent/important feature of your scum game? Links with examples plox.
my most important feature is not spewing my team when I die and not picking fights.
my second most important feature is definitely knowing how to count to 1.

Beelzebub Mafia

Bluey Mafia - I did end game this one

AtLA Mafia - seanzie basically ran this show, I was along for the ride.

as to whether or not these are the kinds of examples you're looking for I have no idea.
hollowkatt wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:35 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:17 pm
osieorb18 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:12 pm
Creature wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:04 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:13 am Pokémon survives as a franchise on nostalgia factor, if it were introduced as a brand new franchise in 2022 it would be considered just another middle of the road game
I agree somewhat. The video game market is too diluted to set a new great franchise like Pokemon and Mario. Glad Pokemon at least got big because its universe is pretty interesting.
Creature wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:06 pm I'm a bit bored. Doesn't feel like the game is progressing.
Talks about Pokemon and then in the next post complains that the game isn't progressing.
I haven’t played with creature enough- is apathy a scum trait of his?
early game apathy is creature indicative. Later in the game if the apathy remains it's probs wolf indicative.
hollowkatt wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:56 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:39 pm
osieorb18 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:49 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:32 pm Currently:
Doom - town (communicates via smoke signals and the North Star to find Truth)
I could see her being town on general blase purity but I'm not entirely convinced and I'm a little surprised that you have her as one of your strongish townreads at this point.
I don’t know what her scum game looks like, but I’m agreeing with her reads right now.

I could be very wrong, which my D1 reads are wont to be, but ima stick a corncob pipe in it and call it frosty
her scum game is brutal and makes you cry. also pockets you and uses you to her own advantage. No i'm not salty why do you ask?

HK has made a number of posts like this today, which offer little insight into his thought process or what he thinks about the game.

This does not include extended back-and-forths about complaining about reading posts in this game thread.

HK has offered a couple reads.

hollowkatt wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:24 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:06 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:03 pm MacDougall is a player in this game.
ok let’s try something different:

I activate my uno reverse. Who do you think looks scummy so far?
tbh I don't like your posts much. Your attempt to work yourself into the P1 joke set felt forced. I also think screen is potentially wolfy but that's more along the lines of "I think screen tried to set a trap and failed" more than it is "screen is wolfing".
DaughterOfOmega wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:51 pm I played some league and talked about white supremacy with my grandparents, now that I'm wanting to die, I have reached my peak mafia form. Time to carry
unironically going to town read this

But the srceenplay one is, dare I say, hedgey, and the DOOM one is unexplained.

I'm putting HK in the scum pile for now.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

I would like to think if we're going to flip moonwink it probably would be best at some point not this day phase.

I feel like maybe they would be solvable

whereas Jack I'm kinda just sheeping people bc despite my history of games with jack, I still don't know how to read that guy
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
Moonwink
The Mark

Post by Moonwink »

MartinGG99 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:13 am Well, I thought it looked positively because I kinda felt like it was tonally just playfulness (ex: the "to be disagreeable" part)

which really isn't what I tend to see in non-town

but as I said I don't quite know many people in this game; yourself included

just feels like too rash to say I like your slot so far bc for all I know you may show that tone regardless of alignment

Also feels like you could be the sterotypical person who's nice to have around but is secretly a mass-murdering mastermind instead :scared:

and yes I've read preety much everything so far (I may have skimmed a few posts however)
Okay, okay.

I kiiiinda want to townread you? In my experience, when people play with me the first time, I find it more common for them to take a strong/semi-strong stance on me early as scum, and a more hesitant stance on me (or look at me like I'm weird XD) when they're town.

So yeah, we're gucci now. <3
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MartinGG99 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:19 am I would like to think if we're going to flip moonwink it probably would be best at some point not this day phase.

whereas Jack I'm kinda just sheeping people bc despite my history of games with jack, I still don't know how to read that guy

Jack has an uncanny ability to diffuse suspicion of him when it arises (aka make himself look hella townie when he needs to). I honestly don't recall what town!jack looks like because he seemingly always rands mafia.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Marmot wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:17 am dare I say

(for legal reasons this is unrelated and I felt the need to post this because he said it)
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Moonwink has (maybe) successfully pocketed martin.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MartinGG99 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:23 am
Marmot wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:17 am dare I say

(for legal reasons this is unrelated and I felt the need to post this because he said it)

:biggrin:

In a recent game on MU, hollowkatt and I had an extended conversation about hedginess, what counts as that, and is it always a bad thing, so it felt funny to apply it to him directly here lol

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Marmot wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:23 am Moonwink has (maybe) successfully pocketed martin.
This sounds like its a subtle yet tempting suggestion that I just make this game more fun by adding something absolutely arbitrary to it

that is, town-reading Moonwink a lot more than what my actual self normally would
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Moonwink
The Mark

Post by Moonwink »

Marmot wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:17 am
hollowkatt wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:13 pm
srceenplay wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:49 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:34 pm
srceenplay wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:22 pm [VOTE: hallowkatt] aubergine
wait, I'm doing the harder of the two things and you're voting me for it? or are you voting me b/c I said to scotty idc if he thinks it's lazy
You are entertaining the idea that you are doing the harder and lazy thing?

Calling almost 1/4 of the player group town is over confident and/or scumy to me.
No, YOU said it was the harder of the two things. Scotty said it was Lazy, and I said "I don't care if you think it's lazy, I think it's useful."
How many town reads is too many screenplay? Do you think I'm wrong? Do you think I have TMI? What is it?

Or are you not wanting this many people to be drawing town reads this early b/c that's what I think.
hollowkatt wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:25 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:06 pm
I'll be the decider of that.
the last two times he was a wolf he straight up tried to (and succeeded for a time) in pocketing me.
hollowkatt wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:33 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:11 pm @hollowkatt I need your help to develop my reads, what would you say is the most prominent/important feature of your scum game? Links with examples plox.
my most important feature is not spewing my team when I die and not picking fights.
my second most important feature is definitely knowing how to count to 1.

Beelzebub Mafia

Bluey Mafia - I did end game this one

AtLA Mafia - seanzie basically ran this show, I was along for the ride.

as to whether or not these are the kinds of examples you're looking for I have no idea.
hollowkatt wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:35 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:17 pm
osieorb18 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:12 pm
Creature wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:04 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:13 am Pokémon survives as a franchise on nostalgia factor, if it were introduced as a brand new franchise in 2022 it would be considered just another middle of the road game
I agree somewhat. The video game market is too diluted to set a new great franchise like Pokemon and Mario. Glad Pokemon at least got big because its universe is pretty interesting.
Creature wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:06 pm I'm a bit bored. Doesn't feel like the game is progressing.
Talks about Pokemon and then in the next post complains that the game isn't progressing.
I haven’t played with creature enough- is apathy a scum trait of his?
early game apathy is creature indicative. Later in the game if the apathy remains it's probs wolf indicative.
Scotty wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:39 pm
osieorb18 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:49 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:32 pm Currently:
Doom - town (communicates via smoke signals and the North Star to find Truth)
I could see her being town on general blase purity but I'm not entirely convinced and I'm a little surprised that you have her as one of your strongish townreads at this point.
I don’t know what her scum game looks like, but I’m agreeing with her reads right now.

I could be very wrong, which my D1 reads are wont to be, but ima stick a corncob pipe in it and call it frosty
her scum game is brutal and makes you cry. also pockets you and uses you to her own advantage. No i'm not salty why do you ask?

HK has made a number of posts like this today, which offer little insight into his thought process or what he thinks about the game.

This does not include extended back-and-forths about complaining about reading posts in this game thread.

HK has offered a couple reads.

hollowkatt wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:24 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:06 pm
ok let’s try something different:

I activate my uno reverse. Who do you think looks scummy so far?
tbh I don't like your posts much. Your attempt to work yourself into the P1 joke set felt forced. I also think screen is potentially wolfy but that's more along the lines of "I think screen tried to set a trap and failed" more than it is "screen is wolfing".
DaughterOfOmega wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:51 pm I played some league and talked about white supremacy with my grandparents, now that I'm wanting to die, I have reached my peak mafia form. Time to carry
unironically going to town read this

But the srceenplay one is, dare I say, hedgey, and the DOOM one is unexplained.

I'm putting HK in the scum pile for now.
So, the former stuff is what I had thought people were taking issue with as far as HK was concerned. If that had been the case, I would have been "lol, doesn't HK, like, never play D1?", but I didn't see the latter stuff until now. I think I'm okay with the srceen read, but if HK is basing his read on Omega on just that post, I'm feeling meh.

With that said, I still feel worse about srceenplay. A bunch of stuff has been posted, and he's actively voting someone who hasn't given many reads, yet hasn't really defended or shown any interest in the people who ARE actually getting wagoned. It smells like an attempt to be seen as pushing as someone who's not a top wagon, so that when one of the top wagons gets chopped, he doesn't have to take any blame for it if they flip town. This is why I want srceenplay to give a read on me.

If he thinks I'm town, I want him to defend me and yell at the people who are wagoning on me. If he thinks I'm scum, I want him to join my wagon and yell to people that I'm scum. That's the least I'm going to ask for if I'm going to remain a top wagon for now. :P

But yeah, as far as my scum pile goes, I'd be okay with chopping any of srceen, Jack, and Axehole. I talked about Axehole earlier -- didn't really like their responses to me and Scotty while they were talking about me.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

OOOORRR

maybe

that was YOUR attempt to pocket me :o

clandestinely disguised as discussion of someone else pocketing me!

its brilliant!!!!

(i have no clue why I said this but I am satisfied that I did)
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

Marmot wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:05 am

I'm curious, what in particular about mafia do you like/enjoy? I ask, because you've mentioned a number of things in this game that annoy you, or that you dislike or hate, but nothing that you enjoy about it. The answer could be nothing for all I know, but I am interested.
I think I like the mechanics of the game, and the mystery/hunt that comes from playing town. I played a lot of mashes on Mu because mystery/hunt also happened for mafia. I'm also someone who didn't have a single friend in my life for 7+ years, so playing mafia was apart of my social life I required. There. Overall the groups who play, and the negative behaviors that are exacerbated, make mafia mostly not enjoyable to me.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 157

Post by dunya »

Players
Porscha----? Have they posted yet?
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME---lock town
Jackofhearts2005----w
MartinGG99---w
MacDougall----t
Srceenplay----t
DaughterOfOmega----lock town
NotAnAxehole----n/a lol lean t
Andresvmb----yes, he is always this happy to play mafia @Marmot part of his character :p
Creature---t
hollowkatt----w
Moonwink----lock town
Marmot----locker town
DrWilgy---? Have they posted yet?
Scotty----w
osieorb18-----t
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I dunno why I flipped on Martin's time this morning.
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

dunya wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:54 am I dunno why I flipped on Martin's time this morning.
I flipped some pancakes
Porscha
Made Man
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Porscha »

hey guys sorry I missed out on earlier game play. got super busy with IRL stuff today. I will catch up tomorrow while travelling/ after travelling and post my thoughts
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:06 am
dunya wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:54 am I dunno why I flipped on Martin's time this morning.
I flipped some pancakes
I meant tone instead of time but also

Pancakes

Yum

Want pancakes.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:41 pm Don't like the way Jack is dancing around Dunya. He feels afraid to push her outright but obligated to be. They have high w/w equity imo.
@MacDougall

This isn’t an incorrect observation, RE: dancing. It is an incorrect conclusion.

Dunya and I are in a weird place in our relationship of late and powerwolfing and just posting high both kinda have similar looks (in that you don’t answer questions in a way that makes sense and you ignore questions). The former issue may also lead to me coming across as “cagey” @Moonwink
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I don’t think it’s appropriate to talk about it here and I don’t feel like talking about it anyway. It’s just worth noting that it’s a factor in my play, here.
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 109
Preferred Pronouns: HE

Post by NotAnAxehole »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:51 am You verbatim, out of context, are complaining about people being considered good at mafia.
This is fair, I don't think anyone in this game is good at mafia.
Russian Machine Never Breaks 769 #3
2022 Stats
| Overall 4-6 40% | Town 4-6 40% | Mafia 0-0 - |

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
| Overall 6-5 55% | Town 4-5 44% | Mafia 2-0 100% |
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Where is Scotty?
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
srceenplay
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 103

Post by srceenplay »

Moonwink wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:06 am
srceenplay wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:24 pm blah
Creature interacting is not how I remember them playing. From what I remember they always scum coasted. Maybe town coasted as well. They dont feel bad though.

Dunya confident IDGAF what you think feels towny to me but what mac says makes me think twice about it.

Nanook can be voted off

Moonwink idk without going back and rereading.
As the player with the 2nd most votes, I take issue with you not having a read on me, especially when you have your vote on HK, which I feel is a cop out. :< Have I not given enough content yet compared to HK? What is HK doing that I'm not that's grabbing your attention?
I haven't really tried forming a read on you yet. ;-; I figured with Mac and others talking to/about you, I'll have stuff to make a read on you later,
srceenplay
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 103

Post by srceenplay »

Moonwink wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:11 am

just paranoid.
they feels forceful
Okay, for real, why haven't you given a read on me? It feels like you're paying attention to other going-ons, but when it comes to the people actually getting wagoned (I'm pretty sure I was the lead wagon at one point), you don't seem to have much interest in leading people to or away from certain wagons?

----

To all: I'd be okay with srceenplay being a secondary wagon instead of me. Put up Jack and srceen and let's see what happens.
you are a null/scum position. Overly explaining your actions sounds like someone who scared of what people think about them. on the flip side it could be you just want people to understand you. IDK never played with you so, so i can sit back and observe and watch it play out more.

You have talked about reaction testing players. What have you gathered from that?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I take back my town read on srceen atm

Also trying to teach my phone srceen is the new screen
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

dunya wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:06 am I take back my town read on srceen atm

:ponder:
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

HK has a weird muted energy about him. Am I crazy or do people see it?

@NotAnAxehole what do u think of Martin?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Moonwink wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:11 am

just paranoid.
they feels forceful

----

I’d be fine with it because it means Screen goes over.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:09 am
dunya wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:06 am I take back my town read on srceen atm

:ponder:
I feel like he's more concerned in justifying himself and his wishy washy stance than actually taking a stance because she a lot of content and interactions and reactions to judge. it's a stance that is positioning her as a possible yeet he can explain without having to look like a sore thumb

That's my take.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

MartinGG99 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:19 am I would like to think if we're going to flip moonwink it probably would be best at some point not this day phase.

This feels like a thing t!Martin says. I normally don’t get early Martin reads.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Dunya has now stated a wolfread on me. Normally, when a player I suspect wolfreads me out of nowhere, I want to ask them about it to see if I can use their line of reasoning to determine if they are being truthful or not.

Because it’s Dunya, I don’t care. Dunya always scumreads me.

Just saying that the kneejerk reaction in there.

Return to “Previous Rackets”