Highway Heist (MAFIA WIN)

Moderator: Community Team

Who is a masochistic road thug? (Hammer at 4)

Poll ended at Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:00 pm

c4e5g3d5
No votes
Hally
No votes
JaggedJimmyJay
No votes
Macdougall
No votes
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
No votes
NotAnAxeHole
40%
Host/other
60%

Total votes: 10
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 221

Re: Highway Heist (Day 2)

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Master Radishes wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:59 pm
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:58 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:56 pm
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:55 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:54 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:52 pm For the crowd:

If MR/Dizzy contains one but not two, which do you feel is most likely and [if you feel like it] why?
Dizzy, because I know my role card.
What's your Dizzy read like rn
If you've already said it I'm too lazy to go find it
I haven't. I had good vibes D1 and that's about as far as I got. I've not really...done anything D2. Maybe you've noticed.
Have you read why I think he's town and if so do you care
Have you read why Jay/Mac think he's not town and if so do you care
To both: if I have (I likely have) it didn't stick in my head enough to call it to mind in this moment. If you link I will read and consider. But also I'm doing Life Things right now so don't feel obligated to because I may put it off anyway.
o7

Incoming
Spoiler: show
Progression cases are bad.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 273
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:51 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:27 pm @JaggedJimmyJay I'm going to vaguely explain why Mac is mafia without giving away the read entirely.

Let's assume that Mac is mafia, then we can assume that there is a certain agenda to his posts. I'm not going to guess too much as to how this would work.

Now, let's assume that Mac is town... Well then we can assume that he is playing without an agenda, which should roughly demonstrate a random distribution as to the alignment of people he's communicating with.

The random distribution would not necessarily be the game!rand distribution, but leaning towards mac!reads rand distribution. I'm going to assume (I've tested this with a couple games) that Mac's gut / instinctive replies are above the game rand, and he replies to mafia about 30% of the time as town.

Now, if we take this on some of his runs of posting, we can determine that there is about mechanically a 1% chance that Mac, Hally, JJJ, NAA, Nanook, DrWilgy are all town.

I know my alignment, and I have Hally, JJJ as lock town.

I think DrWilgy is firmly within town meta... If you disagree here, this is where I can be wrong.
@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, this methodology strikes me as 451ian, perhaps Ellibereth-school. Can you corroborate that and/or whether it’s something you associate with NAA?
Yeah this specifically is something we've talked about
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 714
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:54 pm
Hally wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:53 pm that may be the villageriest thing anyone has done this game
I’m not sure what you’re referring to
c4 thinking dizzy was softing a watcher red check on me at SoD

i don’t think a wolf with TMI could fake that thought and the way he was trying to communicate with dizzy in the thread about it is villagery too
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:25 am And it turns out I still think Dizzy's town

If I get a good night's sleep before I die his game you might get an explanation but I mean just search "Alison" in his ISO lol
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:44 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:30 am
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:25 am And it turns out I still think Dizzy's town

If I get a good night's sleep before I die his game you might get an explanation but I mean just search "Alison" in his ISO lol
I just did this, and it didn't quite get me there. Still, if there's a specific micro-progression (new word) you're referring to similar to the ones you've pointed out about me, it'd be helpful if you could highlight it.
There's no one thing, the whole thing put together just feels really real

If you want one region to look at, maybe around that part Friday evening where Alison came back
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:50 am Around that part you can see it just turns into an avalanche of reasons Alison is a wolf
And not bs reasons

Wolves are more likely to be content with finding a small handful of reasons to bury someone, and just cling to those and call back to them whenever necessary, and it's also just a lot harder to do that to someone you know is town
And just unnecessary considering how quickly the Alison momentum built up

All looks like actually solving Alison
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:07 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:09 am @MacDougall, MR/Dizzy would very much affirm your original thought that the Alison chop was mafia-driven.
I would not require much persuading that this was the situation. I thought Dizzy was hella town at one point but the way he was acting while I was having big angry vibes with you and Hally was super scummy to me.
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:08 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:46 pm
Hally wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:40 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:32 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:10 amno burn intended I am just trying to make you recognise the hypocrisy of claiming my play "leads nowhere" when your current play is to yolo a vote onto a town Mac
You're a possible chop. C4 is not. So it leads somewhere. Potentially. Your alignment is irrelevant.

If you want to understand my perspective. But if you want to moan, feel free.
this reminds me, i actually think mac’s moaning is king wolfy for him

when he’s v i feel like he gets motivated by pressure and is all “i’m gonna bitchslap the wokves now,” but his response here has felt kinda weaksauce so far
That's what I've been saying. He's moany, arguing points that doesn't matter and not really solving the game afaic.

But I almost feel like he's town playing his wolf meta, though I don't know why I feel this way.
now that I am confirmation biasing myself into this world I'd like to point out that this post is a scum claim
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:10 am It’s a rough post. Textbook TMI
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:10 am Imagine I have the energy to quote a bunch of stuff that dizzy said while I was fighting with Hally and Jay and pointed out how wolfy it is. Then agree with it plz.
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:13 am Hally is townreading Dyslexicon because Dyslexicon is pushing her and "that is what Dyslexicon would do if they were town", but like actually let's be real. Hally is actually bleedingly obvious town and town Dyslexicon would have that read and not be pushing her lol. Hally is just levelling herself out of the easier read.

Also noting Dyslexicon isn't even voting her, so Hally is reading Dizzy town for pushing her even though Dizzy isn't even pushing her really.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:19 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:18 pm Obligatory

What if Mac/Jay are both town and the real scums are like Hally and/or Nook or something?
I will quote all the posts Mac mentioned a moment ago, but I want to highlight this one especially.

After Mac and I rip each other's heads off and Dizzy eventually settles into the town/town read, the first suspect to emerge as an alternative is... Hally? What?
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:19 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:21 pm Gonna vote MR now because Alison is a better being and I don’t want us to seem teamed
oh wait this post is literally just dyslexicon in full fledged wolf claim taking the absolute piss mode isn't it lol
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:21 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:19 am

What if Mac/Jay are both town and the real scums are like Hally and/or Nook or something?
I will quote all the posts Mac mentioned a moment ago, but I want to highlight this one especially.

After Mac and I rip each other's heads off and Dizzy eventually settles into the town/town read, the first suspect to emerge as an alternative is... Hally? What?
If you go back you'll realise Dizzy was scumreading Hally prior and when I attacked you both their first reaction was to encourage me to vote her.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:24 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:10 am Imagine I have the energy to quote a bunch of stuff that dizzy said while I was fighting with Hally and Jay and pointed out how wolfy it is. Then agree with it plz.
Dizzy posts from the period in which Mac and I were fighting early in Day 2:

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:44 pm
Hally wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:35 pm dizzy i really have no idea what your issue with me this game is

or just like your issue with everything in general even
You wouldn’t buy Alison’s trick as town. You are hesitant in making points that advance town. I just think it’s a decent chance you’re mafia, and I’m not going to get into a discussion about it with you. We can talk about other things.

Hopefully I get to read the game again during this day phase.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:45 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:43 pm Funny you say that Jay because I don't believe that either of you would view the day as having played out the way that it did and think I had anything to do with it, do you really think that Alison goes over day 1 without the mafia playing a significant role in her demise? I don't.
I played maybe the biggest part, and I could tell it was a mistake as it was happening heh
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:48 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:46 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:45 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:43 pm Funny you say that Jay because I don't believe that either of you would view the day as having played out the way that it did and think I had anything to do with it, do you really think that Alison goes over day 1 without the mafia playing a significant role in her demise? I don't.
I played maybe the biggest part, and I could tell it was a mistake as it was happening heh
that isn't helping my point right now
But it’s true. Don’t really thing Jay is mafia. But what I think isn’t likely to be worth much
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:49 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:46 pm Furthermore I will add that nobody outright attacking me (the way Jay and Hally have done right now) d1 is a strong indicator that it's because I was pushing an incorrect POE and wasn't being a threat. Jay and Hally at multiple points exhibited TMI that I was town.
You were pushed a decent deal for a d1. You’re not making convincing points tbh
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:50 pm
Hally wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:49 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:44 pm
Hally wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:35 pm dizzy i really have no idea what your issue with me this game is

or just like your issue with everything in general even
You wouldn’t buy Alison’s trick as town. You are hesitant in making points that advance town. I just think it’s a decent chance you’re mafia, and I’m not going to get into a discussion about it with you. We can talk about other things.

Hopefully I get to read the game again during this day phase.
why would i ever think alison would troll there? she’s like the least trolly person on the planet

i was actually kinda shocked she made that post when she flipped villager
I watched it in real time and was almost positive she was lying. It’s well within her wheelhouse.

Oh well. My brain wants to tunnel you so
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:51 pm Jimmay is town though. No more paranoia there for me.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:53 pm This is chaos and I’m adding to it. I love that for us.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:55 pm Mac. You’re open wolfing worse than me, regardless of your alignment. Sads.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:58 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:56 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:55 pm Mac. You’re open wolfing worse than me, regardless of your alignment. Sads.
These types of comments are why good chops on good players never go through.
I’m voting Hally now.

You could join.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:59 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:58 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:56 pm I've never, in admittedly more limited than you might expect experience, seen Jay treat someone the way he's treating Mac now. I find it interesting and probably alignment indicative.
It's been a long time perhaps, but roasting Mac is an old tradition (and one he is ridiculous to pretend never happens). He and Epignosis are the most common targets for my more... animated aggression.
It’s kind of hawt tbh
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:02 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:01 pm
I’m voting Hally now.

You could join.
Nah pass, Hally is obvious town from derp clearing herself after Alison fake claimed mafia.
Didn’t you just spend the last pages declaring how Jimmay and Hally are teammates.

You can calm down with the open wolfing now lol
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:04 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:01 pm
I’m voting Hally now.

You could join.
Nah pass, Hally is obvious town from derp clearing herself after Alison fake claimed mafia.
Why does Hally’s posts count as derp clears, while Jimnay’s does not?
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:06 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:04 pm In the triangle of Dyslexicon, Hally and Jay there are always two mafia.
So it’s me and Jay, since you just cleared Hally from derps?

Like… are you derp clearing lock towning Hally, or are you accusing them? Cause that seems the tiniest fraction unclear
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:08 pm What is my reaction and why is it bad? Is this you trying to make me look bad after a red flip or something?

This got bizarre so fast. I bet it’s pretty hilarious in specchat in some way or another.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:11 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:06 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:04 pm Why does Hally’s posts count as derp clears, while Jimnay’s does not?
Why am I town now?
I never scum read you.

I was asking Mac why he’s clearing Hally for reacting to Alison’s lies, but not you.

Of course, nobody should be cleared off of that, as mafia isn’t going to let it be known that it is a lie.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:14 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:11 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:08 pm What is my reaction and why is it bad? Is this you trying to make me look bad after a red flip or something?

This got bizarre so fast. I bet it’s pretty hilarious in specchat in some way or another.
No you are sidelining hot takes that feel like cheerleading Jay in a really scummy way and even Jay noticed it.
Your yammering makes zero sense to me. Sorryboutit.

You’re accusing Hally and clearing Hally on breathing in and out.

Or I just don’t get it.

And I believe that if there’s scum between j/hally, it’s likelier to be hally.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:15 pm But I am very much amused, yes.

Can’t tell if this is a disaster or will be productive at some point.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:17 pm Wild as it seems, Mac still could be town.

Oh wow, how amazing and interesting!

I will return later. Game game game

A few things that might be indicative of mafia Dizzy from this pile:

1) Suggesting Hally is suspicious for "buying Alison's trick" -- no reason I see why town Hally can't do that, and it also suggests to me that Dizzy knew too much about Alison's motivations as it had been happening (by way of knowing her alignment).

2) Town reading me while I was screaming at Mac in a way that I haven't done in a long time, causing numerous people including Dizzy himself to remark that I was out of character.

3) Suggesting Mac was openwolfing for making his arguments against Hally and I, points that I don't think should have necessarily been viewed as patently wrong by people other than Hally and I.
@Master Radishes
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 548
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Thanks Nanook.

Well I still need to review Mac/MR, so maybe that will illuminate.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 313

Post by Dyslexicon »

Hally wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:21 pm but i mean, it’s possible he could do it because yolo

his “you should have known alison was trolling” was pretty flimsy because like, it’s alison and i’ve never seen her troll before this game lol
Just from an academic standpoint: The mistake here is assuming I would not have a flimsy reason as town. I probably have almost nothing but flimsy reasons to think anything as town
Hally wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:32 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:20 pm Hally I town read for my own reasons.
what are the reasons?
Individual posts that I think are very much from town perspective, and many of them. I've already mentioned the thing about "It's only a disaster if you and Mac are town". It's quite well crafted if you are mafia, so if you are, good job. But I decided you are not. However you/Wilgy is my irrelevant tinfoil lol.
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:56 pm I can't decide whether everyone pairing me/Dizzy means we're both town or you're all doing well enough and are just misfiring on one of your options.

I kind of want it to be the former as an eff you to everyone.
This is so relatable lol
And makes me such a simpleton
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 170

Post by Master Radishes »

C4,

Thanks for quoting all those. I'm going to refrain from commenting on your perspective until I iso Dizzy as you said we should w.r.t. Alison.

But what I get out of the Mac/Jay bit is that if Dizzy is town then Mac was solving and Jay was being opportunistic about it.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I don't actually believe MR is scum either so. I don't really get what the case is, unless it's only based on MR/Dizzy fits together, cause I can see how that is true. But also like, no duh.
Master Radishes
Hitman

And yes, if it's not clear, I've developed a tinfoil on Jay. It was lurking in the back of my head but has lately been flickering in the side of my eye.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

@c4e5g3d5 Tell us who to chop please
Master Radishes
Hitman

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:30 pm I don't actually believe MR is scum either so. I don't really get what the case is, unless it's only based on MR/Dizzy fits together, cause I can see how that is true. But also like, no duh.
We just have that sort of chemistry.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Master Radishes wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:31 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:30 pm I don't actually believe MR is scum either so. I don't really get what the case is, unless it's only based on MR/Dizzy fits together, cause I can see how that is true. But also like, no duh.
We just have that sort of chemistry.
Which is heart warming tbh
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

idk lol
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

gtg for a bit but i should be back by EoD
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:31 pm @c4e5g3d5 Tell us who to chop please
People are calling Nook town for reasons I don't get
Wilgy is 3-posting
Master Radishes
Hitman

I will poke my head in again before EoD but won't be super active. But we're not chopping me today.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:49 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:31 pm @c4e5g3d5 Tell us who to chop please
People are calling Nook town for reasons I don't get
Wilgy is 3-posting
Yeah.
Master Radishes
Hitman

I did a quick read through of Dizzy's iso as C4 suggested and I don't really see what you see, C4? Like I get your general point about Dizzy piling on or whatever, but I still see it as potentially wolfy more than towny. If we're being uncharitable, Dizzy was sort of existing to throw shade and shitpost and not much in between.
Master Radishes
Hitman

I hesitate on a Wilgy chop solely because we're firing kinda blindly at him and if we miss then fuck.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Coming from a forum where we have slankers a fair bit, I find it best to ignore them as long as possible.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Yeah, I think Jay's theory is 0/2.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

[VOTE: NAA] aubergine
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Mac and MR

From Mac

MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:11 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:43 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:22 pm Jay and mac already outed, mafia in shambles
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:40 pm Nanook town hally town Jay and mac getting rolled
Nanook spewing Mac as his partner.
haha mind meld
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:11 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:53 pm
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:53 pm I don't know how tf that typo happened but it's canon now
Dr Pooed is surely just a nickname for Mac.
ironically I am in fact pooping
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:40 pm hmmm I think Radishes can definitely be mafia here tbh. His iso is way worse than axe's.
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:42 pm My POE is

Alison

Radishes/Wilgy
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:44 pm [VOTE: Radish] aubergine
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:44 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:44 pm The standard of town has elevated since page 1 so I will be open to MR suspicion. I don't really vibe with it maaaaaaan but he gon have to do things himself
iso him and axe and tell me some specific reasons Radishes feels townier than axe if you can
MacDougall wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:49 am okay so presuming that alison is mafia and she is in antispew/openwolfing

the fact is that her pushing MR for bad reasons would mean MR is her partner anyway
MacDougall wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:51 am
Marmot wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:50 am Who are the wolves Mac?
Radishes and Wilgy most likely. C4 can be mafia.
MacDougall wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:53 am
Marmot wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:52 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:49 am okay so presuming that alison is mafia and she is in antispew/openwolfing

the fact is that her pushing MR for bad reasons would mean MR is her partner anyway

The "kill MR then kill me if it's wrong" is certainly a way to send her to F3 if that's the case.

I don't really buy that theory, but that might be because MR hasn't pinged me.
MR hasn't really pinged me all that much either frankly I only started suspecting him because I felt compelled to compare his first 10 posts to Axe's and found him worse, with less suspicion being thrown at him at the time.

If we were to go on pings only I would say that the mafia is probably Alison and Axe lol.
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:56 pm I am glad we're in a game with the likes of Wilgy, MR, NAA and Nook cuz I'm confident they're at least all allergic to your bs.
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:00 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:59 pm Marmot was probably consensus top town right? I'm just staring at the matrix trying to decide if it means something.
Yes and apparently Jay doesn't kill Marmot from his ivory tower because Marmot was townreading Jay like that's ever an actual reason a scumteam containing Jay wouldn't blast somebody.
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:16 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:14 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:11 pm

No you are sidelining hot takes that feel like cheerleading Jay in a really scummy way and even Jay noticed it.
Your yammering makes zero sense to me. Sorryboutit.

You’re accusing Hally and clearing Hally on breathing in and out.

Or I just don’t get it.

And I believe that if there’s scum between j/hally, it’s likelier to be hally.
You also exaggerate what is happening for some reason. MR and Nanook have had no issues following my train of thought at all. Also you are acting like me changing up me reads and behaving in a weathervaney way is unexpected.
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:29 pm
Hally wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:19 pm mac, jay and i are both town

who are the wolves?
Can be anyone really can't it.

That said. I have some problems with the day 1 gamestate that have caused me to become confirmation biased into this world and your reactions to me voicing it being as aggressive as they were forced me to go back and dig up arguments I didn't really have specifically planned out prior to voicing the read.

My main issue stems from the idea that Alison can go over without a wolf or wolves having good thread control. Alison going over, to me, rules out teams of two inside of MR/Wilgy/NAA/Nanook. It can be that any of them can go with Jay, or yourself but worlds of two containing them should not be able to create a gamestate so malignant that Alison dies d1 (who it's important to note, I was townreading so I don't feel like she was a reasonable chop to make for strong town without being persuaded or at least influenced/humoured by an equally strong wolf). This, coupled with the fact that I was shunted down into the role of town (yes town) moron of the day, again heavily implies the existence of one or two highly influential mafia.

Can a mafia team of two say something like MR/Wilgy just coast while the town captains just work themselves into killing a townie looking Alison, even while MacDougall, who is probably the best Alison read here, is saying she is town? Of course all things is possible in the eyes of the lord. But as I find myself explaining a lot, mafia is a game of probability analysis and I find it more plausible that this would not be the case and that in fact the gamestate was being influenced to be malignant in a more direct manner.

My analysis indicates that one of you are near sure to be mafia now with Marmot and Alison both dead and town.

It is either that, or you guys are playing really badly. Like no offense, but that's the situation. Because I am town. I'll readily admit I'm also playing pretty badly though so you're not alone. But if you guys are town together then yeah you guys are having proper clangers.
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:01 pm @Master Radishes c4/dizzy?
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:15 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:47 pm Read the past few pages.

I think my PoE at this moment is Mac, Radishes, Alison.

Tinfoil C4. I can't express why.
if I rule of three this post I'd say radishes/wilgy are the mafia, there are other posts in his iso that indicate this also namely that he entered late to the game and spent most of his time limply pushing MR which is probably just antispew
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:19 pm Wilgy most likely partner is MR by some stretch.
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:29 pm
Hally wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:27 pm or maybe it’s just wilgy/nook
Wilgy hit the thread way late and got to work pushing MR for awful reasons and then later on dropped that read in favour of pushing C4 for awful reasons. Meanwhile he spent most of the time voting me without talking about me.

I'd say his teammate is likely MR. People just give Wilgy twtbw townreads a lot.
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:04 pm so you're coming out of this with a wolf read on MR and townread on wilgy? lol ok
MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:27 pm radishes style of arguing here is pretty townie... he's arguing from a position of authority (knowing axe is wrong) and rather than defending himself he's trying to probe whether axe believes himself
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:36 am Hally's back and forthing on me is really annoying but supremely towny.

Jay has just decided to do the thing where if he's mafia he just wins cuz he tries too hard.

Nanook's fury is probably not mafia aligned cuz he's a good boy. This read disgusts me.

Early game Mac thought Dizzy was super townie, then Dizzy annoyed me and I scumread him. But in reality Hally sheep plus my early game feel means he probs just town.

Kinda just feel like Axe is town but I guess I could be wrong.

Wilgy and C4 are not aligned by Jay's standards and also mine.

So my solve is like...

Axe
Wilgy/C4
Radishes

Jay has C4/Radishes not likely, and Radishes/Wilgy unaligned. C4/NAA is maybe but not overwhelming. I probably think like the way the other three here have treated Wilgy spews him town. Radish/Axe is nope.

Soooo C4/Axe is my solve I guess. Bye.

From MR

Master Radishes wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:43 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:22 pm Jay and mac already outed, mafia in shambles
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:40 pm Nanook town hally town Jay and mac getting rolled
Nanook spewing Mac as his partner.
Master Radishes wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:53 pm
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:53 pm I don't know how tf that typo happened but it's canon now
Dr Pooed is surely just a nickname for Mac.
Master Radishes wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:56 am Catching up was fun until you all stopped talking about me. I'm going to stop and just assume Mac and NAA are voting me for no reason because it's them. I can see Alison's quoted on this page.
Master Radishes wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:45 pm Personally I think my page 1 Mac/Nook team has legs.
Master Radishes wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:27 pm [VOTE: Mac] aubergine

This is a reaction test.
Master Radishes wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:17 pm Here is my advice on what to do. First, eliminate Alison so that I won't die today.

If Alison flips scum, then eliminate Mac. If Mac is town, then eliminate Dizzy and Wilgy, in that order.

If Alison flips town, then eliminate me. I will flip town, whereupon which you should eliminate NAA and Wilgy.

I have about a 60% confidence that this solve wins the game. This may not seem like a lot of confidence, but it's actually quite a lot if you think about what I am proposing.
Master Radishes wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:43 pm What if the crowd of Jay, Hally, Dizzy, C4, Marmot, and I all rank Alison, NAA, Mac in preferred order and then find the average score to decide who dies.

(In this plan Wilgy and NAA are NPCs.)
Master Radishes wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:52 pm Alison > NAA > Mac > Nook

Not sure I'm ready for a Wilgy yeet at this stage.
Master Radishes wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:56 pm I've never, in admittedly more limited than you might expect experience, seen Jay treat someone the way he's treating Mac now. I find it interesting and probably alignment indicative.
Master Radishes wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:35 am Btw Mac to clarify something, I didn't, like, immediately agree with you about Jay when the Day started. Some of your later posts seemed to think I did.

I just had commented on seeing a difference from Jay in how he was treating a slot, i.e. he was not his cool and collected self, and felt at the time it was AI one way or another for him. (Having read up perhaps it isn't. I daresay it feels more v/v than not.)
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:23 pm I should probably, like, iso someone before stating opinions, but yolo.

I've been mulling over Mac a lot lately. I'm trying to fit his actions into a narrative.

Scum!Mac survived D1 fairly easily albeit with sus draped over him. He comes into D2 with his team on the advantage (imagine a town chopping Alison hahahaha) and...goes on the attack against Jay(/Hally). He then backs off this, takes a thread break, and returns with different routes of solving. I suppose in this scenario, scum!Mac sensed he could be next on the block despite the Alison miss, and decides to go ham on a couple strong Towns for performance reasons, knowing how it could play out would lead to Jay/Hally calling him town for it. I think all of that fits well enough, actually? Like if someone would play that way it would be Mac. He has many different flavours to his scum meta, even if there are commonalities.

But the thing I can't quite get past is...the rest of it. He is the right amount of reluctant to let go of his Jay scumread at first, barely has thread presence for the middle portion of D2, then returns and takes a new direction in his solving and is even cooperative with Jay. That just feels real to me.

Without isoing anything to double check my impressions, I just want to call Mac town and risk being a fool. (Like of course he'd change his scum game after GoC - he couldn't risk approaching that meta at all - but this still feels organic.)
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:29 pm C4,

Thanks for quoting all those. I'm going to refrain from commenting on your perspective until I iso Dizzy as you said we should w.r.t. Alison.

But what I get out of the Mac/Jay bit is that if Dizzy is town then Mac was solving and Jay was being opportunistic about it.

Conclusion

For some reason I am struggling to derive any feelings from this interaction. I might just be tired, but it all kinda feels like nothing. Mac's aggression against MR is sporadically there, but often conditional given team theoriers (e.g. MR with Wilgy). MR's view of Mac is the color beige. I don't think I can dissociate them anyway, so it'd be a yellow or something.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, most likely c4 teammate?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@Master Radishes, can you give me gun-to-head mafia reads? At least two?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Wilgy's vote is certainly spooky.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I never use the term “difference check”, but maybe stick that thing on Wilgy/MR.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Master Radishes
Hitman

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:08 pm @Master Radishes, can you give me gun-to-head mafia reads? At least two?
This is the bit I'm struggling most with. I can give you a few townreads of varying confidence, but I don't have a single name I'm really ready to hang my hat on as scum.

I'm still noodling.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I’ll let you noodle. 75 minutes.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dizzy could conceivably be trying to give MR the ilario treatment (blind, unfailing pocket per Fleabag).

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:48 pm Dizzy could conceivably be trying to give MR the ilario treatment (blind, unfailing pocket per Fleabag).
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:25 pm @JaggedJimmyJay Disregarding you not being interested in "defence". If you want a sure way to read me correctly, here you go. It's literally the same shit as what happened the very last game I played: I literally cannot be lethargic as mafia. It doesn't happen. I'm super high strung and obsessive as mafia, it's just compulsive. Being disconnected and lethargic is only something that happens to me when I'm town. As mafia I'm hyperconnected to the game, not the other way around.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:48 pm Dizzy could conceivably be trying to give MR the ilario treatment (blind, unfailing pocket per Fleabag).
These are just words. There's no similarities here to what you're talking about.

Anyway.

Nook or Wilgy or NAA for me ig and probably the latter two idk
Master Radishes
Hitman

I forgot Wilgy had the whole hammergate thing.
Master Radishes
Hitman

I want to say Wilgy is just lost/disengaged town. The only thing holding me back is (a) gAmEsTaTe and more importantly (b) disengaged scum could/would definitely talk about the hammer thing the way he did too.
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 187
Preferred Pronouns: HE

Post by NotAnAxehole »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:10 pm Wilgy's vote is certainly spooky.
Counterargument: Wilgy is town.
Russian Machine Never Breaks 769 #3
2022 Stats
| Overall 4-6 40% | Town 4-6 40% | Mafia 0-0 - |

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
| Overall 6-5 55% | Town 4-5 44% | Mafia 2-0 100% |
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Quickly looking at Wilgy's iso, he is probably town.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

But I could be wrong in all of my assumptions as well so
Master Radishes
Hitman

Also, I don't really mind losing to slanker scum tbh. I don't consider that sort of loss a real loss.

So like...I just want to punt Wilgy down the road some more.
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Hally failing to find Wilgy is towny (Also I could be wrong).

PoE flailing on just about any target possible and failing to see the growing consensus makes me think my PoE of 4 is correct.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

So we’re clear:

We probably only get one more mischop. Punting isn’t exactly feasible. There is an immediate urgency.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I don’t think Wilgy is in his “town meta” and consider him a very high variance player. I think MR is more likely mafia than Wilgy though.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Right, so PoE should look to solve within the PoE rather than whatever it is they're doing.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:06 pm I don’t think Wilgy is in his “town meta” and consider him a very high variance player. I think MR is more likely mafia than Wilgy though.
This may be true, I haven't actually reviewed a large sample of play - but by my metric (which is not intuitive), he seems pretty polarized.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
Master Radishes
Hitman

I am at:

Hally, C4 town
Mac probably town

Jay and Dizzy - one here? not together though
Nook, NAA, Wilgy - ??? for all of them but having skimmed two of the isos (Wilgy, Nook) I'm just not sold on them being good bets

This post was for me not for any of you.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MR reminds me a bit of c4 in the PSY 2310 game. The hard part of false solving is identifying false suspects, and sometimes mafia just elect to town read everyone.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Master Radishes
Hitman

I'll be going soon and we can't chop me so let's find a new place for our votes, chaps.
Master Radishes
Hitman

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:09 pm MR reminds me a bit of c4 in the PSY 2310 game. The hard part of false solving is identifying false suspects, and sometimes mafia just elect to town read everyone.
Thanks for continuing to suffocate me.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Master Radishes wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:10 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:09 pm MR reminds me a bit of c4 in the PSY 2310 game. The hard part of false solving is identifying false suspects, and sometimes mafia just elect to town read everyone.
I’m just thinking out loud. Keep doing what you’re doing.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Master Radishes wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:09 pm I'll be going soon and we can't chop me so let's find a new place for our votes, chaps.
Is this a beloved princess claim?
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
Master Radishes
Hitman

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:11 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:10 pm
I’m just thinking out loud. Keep doing what you’re doing.
I may have rolled my eyes a bit too hard at you there. Sorry.

And I'm out of time to think tbh.

Return to “Previous Heists”