Dr. Who Mafia - Night 12

Moderator: Community Team

24 Hour Days?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Yes
61%
No
No votes
Votes in this poll are non-changable! (host/non/mod/dead)
39%

Total votes: 18
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 683

Re: Dr. Who Mafia - Day 9

Post by zeek »

It doesn't matter if he is outed, he's not going away :D
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

zeek wrote:Serious? MP's role is so fucking obvious lol.
Please, enlighten me. Pretend I"m retarded.

What role is he?
zeek wrote:It doesn't matter if he is outed, he's not going away :D
WHAT?? You're saying he's The Doctor? Based on WHAT???
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

:haha:

Based on everything. Just look at his posts from last night and its obvious!
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

zeek wrote::haha:

So, you're not going to tell me?

Who rezzed him?
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

I presume he doesn't need to be rezzed by anyone. The Doctor regenerates when he dies.
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 375

Post by Snow Dog »

Chris wrote:

Who rezzed him?
Are you serious?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

zeek, any ideas who the Master might be?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Hedgeowl »

He hasn't exactly been subtle about it. Did you read the Doctors revealed secrets Chris?
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

zeek wrote:I presume he doesn't need to be rezzed by anyone. The Doctor regenerates when he dies.
Snow Dog wrote:
Chris wrote:

Who rezzed him?
Are you serious?
The Doctor: The last surviving Time Lord in the universe. He travels through time and space in the TARDIS (Time and Relative Dimension in Space), which is disguised as a police phone box. Usually he travels with a companion or companions. Comes off as mysterious and eccentric initially, but often shows that he is much more complicated than he appears. He cares deeply for his companions, and as such, every night he searches for one of them. Every time he finds one, he gains a permanent ability. If he manages to find at least 3 of them, he gains a special power. *Secrets* If he finds 1 companion, his vote is permanently doubled. If he finds 2 companions, any votes against him count as 1/2. If he finds 3 companions, he gains the ability to create a “day of sunshine” for all civvies. No civvies can be lynched the following day period, and any night abilities used by baddies or the indy will not affect civvies the following night period. Also, given he is a Time Lord, he can regenerate. If he is lynched, he will regenerate (come back to life) after the following night period ends.
So yes, I am quite serious. Snow, I can see this sort of disinformation from you... but zeek???

So, I'll ask again, who rezzed MP?

LINKI @ Hedgie: Have YOU read The Doctor's secrets?
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I don't do disinformation and you don't know me to expect anything.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

I mean, fuck, if he self rezzes from both lynches AND NKs... if I were a baddie or The Master, I'd fucking quit right now.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Chris, its not misinformation. It's fact. Tell me how I'm wrong? The end bit simply says he'll not rezz until the following day if he gets lynched.
Snow Dog wrote:zeek, any ideas who the Master might be?
I dunno. I believe Chris though I have a few niggling doubts that I can't clear up really. So I would presume the real Master may have accused him as soon as he survived the double nightkill. I'd have to look back.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 439

Post by Epignosis »

zeek wrote:
Chris wrote:MP, you say you know exactly why no one was lynched last night. Can you share? Also, you never mentioned how you were rezzed? Any idea how that happened?
You don't know why MP was rezzed? :stare: Surely it's pretty obvious by now.
Indeed.
Long Con wrote:Epig, can you tell the story again of the time that you went rogue against your baddie team and outed them all? Was that what happened? Did you turn rogue based on your role, or did you just decide to "go rogue" on your own to shake things up as a big gambit to win? Or even just... for a laugh?
None of the above.

In Bioshock Mafia, I was on a team with Snow Dog, Hedgeowl, DFaraday, and Bullzeye. Our team was fully in tact for much of the game. However, I got "hypnotized" by an independent, Nevinera. I was drinking a good bit that night when it happened and I foolishly copied and pasted the entire PM to my teammates. Upon realizing my error, and, being the only one with a full knowledge of the video game, I bluffed about returning to the team at a certain point in the story (Point Prometheus, to be exact). I even went so far as to make up PMs from the host and paste those in the chat room. I had a kill, and my new partner had a kill, so on Night 8, we took out two of my team, and someone else just happened to be killed coincidentally. Unfortunately, I got hypnotized again by Lorab, but that didn't matter much: I had been in a conference in Charlotte, and on the way home, the bus broke down at a McDonald's. I used Micky D's Wifi to get in a quick vote for DisgruntledPorcupine, but that's about all I could do. That was enough to get people talking about me and when I got home, I was lynched. Nevinera actually went on to win with the neutral roles. Crazy stuff.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

zeek wrote:Chris, its not misinformation. It's fact. Tell me how I'm wrong? The end bit simply says he'll not rezz until the following day if he gets lynched.
Snow Dog wrote:zeek, any ideas who the Master might be?
I dunno. I believe Chris though I have a few niggling doubts that I can't clear up really. So I would presume the real Master may have accused him as soon as he survived the double nightkill. I'd have to look back.
Seems most of you are believing him.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Why don't you, Snowy? I could easily be wrong about Chris and I will evaluate after another cycle. This next cycle is crucial for my thoughts on Chris.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Hedgeowl »

Actually thats a good point Chris. I hadnt paid enough attention to the lynch part. I just assumed thats how he came back.

Linki it was Mata who nabbed you from Nev, but she still lost. That was a most epic win for Devin and Daisy too. If i knew then what i do now i would have started a separate chat immediately. Lol. It was one of my favorite btsc games ever though that was the saddest part.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

zeek wrote:Why don't you, Snowy? I could easily be wrong about Chris and I will evaluate after another cycle. This next cycle is crucial for my thoughts on Chris.
I think I got fixated on the idea. From his wild posts to his NK survival. I could be wrong. I think I may trust you guys and not vote for Chris today. Unless something changes before end of day.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Survived NKs:

Elo
MP
BR
Chris x 2
LC
DFaraday
Dana

*Survived NKs, but doesn't matter here: Rico (Dead Dalek) & Made (Dead Emperor Dalek)*

Resurrected:

MP - No one knows...
MM - Won two games of cards against humanity, giving him a rezz
zeek - MP and Hedgie combined each half rezz to rezz him

Now, I was pretty much the only one suspected of being The Master. I suppose it's because I survived 2 NKs, but they were both on the same night, with viable civ explanations.

Why am I the only one to be considered viable for The Master?

Also, MP just before, for the first time, expressed concern that BR could be The Master. Why? I thought it was a consensus that the Daleks kill was blocked? Why is she now considered a suspect for The Master?

And again, why not Elo, MP, LC, DF, or Dana? I get that it's tough for Dana to be The Master since she hasn't voted in 4 days, so why would she be sending out NKs? But why haven't the hosts replaced her, or punished her for missing votes? They punished people for missing votes before, why not now?
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Chris wrote:Resurrected:

MP - Everyone knows but Chris won't accept...
Fixed for you :)

The fact you're even casting doubt on this fact makes me wonder whether I was wrong to believe you.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

zeek wrote:
Chris wrote:Resurrected:

MP - Everyone knows but Chris won't accept...
Fixed for you :)

The fact you're even casting doubt on this fact makes me wonder whether I was wrong to believe you.

Tell me if you see this now?
Chris wrote:
The Doctor: The last surviving Time Lord in the universe. He travels through time and space in the TARDIS (Time and Relative Dimension in Space), which is disguised as a police phone box. Usually he travels with a companion or companions. Comes off as mysterious and eccentric initially, but often shows that he is much more complicated than he appears. He cares deeply for his companions, and as such, every night he searches for one of them. Every time he finds one, he gains a permanent ability. If he manages to find at least 3 of them, he gains a special power. *Secrets* If he finds 1 companion, his vote is permanently doubled. If he finds 2 companions, any votes against him count as 1/2. If he finds 3 companions, he gains the ability to create a “day of sunshine” for all civvies. No civvies can be lynched the following day period, and any night abilities used by baddies or the indy will not affect civvies the following night period. Also, given he is a Time Lord, he can regenerate. If he is lynched, he will regenerate (come back to life) after the following night period ends.
So yes, I am quite serious. Snow, I can see this sort of disinformation from you... but zeek???

So, I'll ask again, who rezzed MP?

LINKI @ Hedgie: Have YOU read The Doctor's secrets?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 858
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Chris, stop it.

It's a host error. It's what BWT was talking about much earlier in the game when he made an error.

Hosts:
The Doctor: The last surviving Time Lord in the universe. He travels through time and space in the TARDIS (Time and Relative Dimension in Space), which is disguised as a police phone box. Usually he travels with a companion or companions. Comes off as mysterious and eccentric initially, but often shows that he is much more complicated than he appears. He cares deeply for his companions, and as such, every night he searches for one of them. Every time he finds one, he gains a permanent ability. If he manages to find at least 3 of them, he gains a special power. *Secrets* If he finds 1 companion, his vote is permanently doubled. If he finds 2 companions, any votes against him count as 1/2. If he finds 3 companions, he gains the ability to create a “day of sunshine” for all civvies. No civvies can be lynched the following day period, and any night abilities used by baddies or the indy will not affect civvies the following night period. Also, given he is a Time Lord, he can regenerate. If he is KILLED, he will regenerate (come back to life) after the following night period ends.

Is this correct?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

It's my mistake when I proposed the secrets; I didn't use my updated version. Sorry for the confusion, folks. We'll see when BWT confirms.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

This proves points. Or not.

Chris, tell me if you see it the other way. He'll regenerate if he dies and if he is lynched he won't regenerate until the following day, as opposed to straight away.

You're welcome to ask the hosts about this.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 339
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Chris wrote:
zeek wrote:Serious? MP's role is so fucking obvious lol.
Please, enlighten me. Pretend I"m retarded.

What role is he?
zeek wrote:It doesn't matter if he is outed, he's not going away :D
WHAT?? You're saying he's The Doctor? Based on WHAT???
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Ok MP, I didn't see that in the role description.

It doesn't line up for lynched, but it does for killed.

I retract everything I said about your rezz MP.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Damn, you guys posted a lot while I got that image. And I didn't get linkitis notification. Sigh.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

haha...I get why MP changed his avatar now.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Snow Dog wrote:haha...I get why MP changed his avatar now.
Why?
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

zeek wrote:
Why?
What happens when the Doc regenerates?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

The regeneration energy?

Should have changed it to a girly one, cause 11 was worried he was a girl haha.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Chris, my bad. Don't sweat it. It's something that was updated later in the game because that's how it was intended and I forgot to post my updated guess for the secrets, not the original.

Also, my bad on BR, I forgot that it was deduced the Dalek kill was blocked. I keep forgetting about that. :haha: Since usually that kind of information isn't shared when a kill fails (usually hosts don't say why a kill failed).

Chris wrote:MP, you say you know exactly why no one was lynched last night. Can you share? Also, you never mentioned how you were rezzed? Any idea how that happened?
Yes and yes.

Not sure I can share, but it's answered similarly as the second question.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, Chris, now you understand why I wanted to get lynched earlier. ;)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Glad someone noticed!

I practically NEVER change my avatar.

I also picked this one to be red for a particular reason.
:p
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I don't... did he just colour-negative his old one? Is it a regeneration thing, like a new actor for The Doctor?

Chris... it's been obvious that MP is The Doctor since, like, before you started making big cases.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Oh, I get it!

Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

MovingPictures07 wrote:LC, I see you haven't finished the decoding for The Doctor. I think I have it. I'll post it here in a second, let me know if you think it's solid.
Hmmm... I see you guys haven't solved Jack Harkness yet.

He it is, let me know what you think.
Captain Jack Harkness: A time traveler and former con man from the 51st century. Unlike The Doctor, Jack is more a man of action, and prefers a direct, albeit sometimes blunt, solution to problems. Eventually becomes the leader of Torchwood, a British organization dedicated to protection the Earth from alien invasion. Given his immortality, he is extremely difficult to kill. Sometimes. *Secrets* If he survives to the end of Night 4, he gains one automatic kill protection. If he survives to the end of Night 8, he gains another, etc.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Thanks, Chris! That looks logical to me.

And zeek, exactly. :p
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Chris, that makes me feel hugely relieved. I had solved Jack on N4 and I was waiting to see if you'd calm down now because, if you are Jack, you'd have another NK protection.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Chris wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:LC, I see you haven't finished the decoding for The Doctor. I think I have it. I'll post it here in a second, let me know if you think it's solid.
Hmmm... I see you guys haven't solved Jack Harkness yet.

He it is, let me know what you think.
Captain Jack Harkness: A time traveler and former con man from the 51st century. Unlike The Doctor, Jack is more a man of action, and prefers a direct, albeit sometimes blunt, solution to problems. Eventually becomes the leader of Torchwood, a British organization dedicated to protection the Earth from alien invasion. Given his immortality, he is extremely difficult to kill. Sometimes. *Secrets* If he survives to the end of Night 4, he gains one automatic kill protection. If he survives to the end of Night 8, he gains another, etc.
I have already solved it, and deliberately held on to it until after Night 8. I also referenced it in a post I made after night was done, in a subtle way.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

LC, what do you think is the best direction for today's lynch?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Thanks, Chris! That looks logical to me.

And zeek, exactly. :p
The Doctor... wants to be a ginger? :confused:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

MovingPictures07 wrote:LC, what do you think is the best direction for today's lynch?
I dunno... lynch someone bad? I'm still mostly on Team Chris, until it's proven that he's not right. He's done a lot of leg work, and his suspects are suspicious to me.

Do you know why Dana survived last night?
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

I saw that LC.

So, The Doctor is unkillable? For real? How is that even remotely balanced and fair?

Let me get this straight...

The Doctor can have:

1. All votes he makes count as double
2. All votes against him count as half
3. "Day of Sunshine"
4. Is unkillable

LOL!

Wow.

LINKI @ LC: I think he's going to imply he invoked the power of "Day of Sunshine"....
Long Con
So Divine

Re: The Ood role decode

Post by Long Con »

Long Con wrote:If you are targeted by a baddie, there is a fifty percent chance of you entering a ----e---- [different? missing 'e'?] name and redirecting their night action back onto them. This does not include nightkills.
I posted this for The Ood a long time ago, and they're still not revealed. I guess that means that "different" isn't the right word there.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Chris wrote:I saw that LC.

So, The Doctor is unkillable? For real? How is that even remotely balanced and fair?

Let me get this straight...

The Doctor can have:

1. All votes he makes count as double
2. All votes against him count as half
3. "Day of Sunshine"
4. Is unkillable

LOL!

Wow.

LINKI @ LC: I think he's going to imply he invoked the power of "Day of Sunshine"....
The Doctor isn't unkillable. He was already killed once. :shrug:
zeek
Money Launderer

Re: The Ood role decode

Post by zeek »

Long Con wrote:
Long Con wrote:If you are targeted by a baddie, there is a fifty percent chance of you entering a ----e---- [different? missing 'e'?] name and redirecting their night action back onto them. This does not include nightkills.
I posted this for The Ood a long time ago, and they're still not revealed. I guess that means that "different" isn't the right word there.
I have murdering rage, but it doesn't fit with nightkills not being included.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Also, these new revelations possibly just trashed what I had been working on for the recruiter.

Linki @ LC: Oh yeah, he survived the first one.

Ok, he's not unkillable. Normality restored.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

What did you have, Chris?
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

It's not murdering I don't think.

It specifically says "Except night kills", so "murdering" doesn't seem to fit.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Not doing that again TH.

As a matter of fact, since me putting thoughts in the thread is being used against me, I'm not releasing anything until I'm ready to present it as a case.

If that sucks, which I think is does, blame people like Dom and Epig.

Return to “Previous Jobs”