Spoiler: show
Achromatic
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 632
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Sir Chris/Chris

Re: Mafia Misplay Mafia

Post by Achromatic »

It's the middle of the night where Visor is so starting that wagon right now is poorly timed.

That being said voting Visor.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 412
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Achromatic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:41 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:39 pm
Achromatic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:26 pm Hm, fair enough ;o.

You are currently voting another non town read for me so I don't have any problems with your direction atm. Carry on.
while I'm glad I have your permission it's not something I was particularly concerned with having
If we are both town it is good for us to work together on same reads to establish a good, shared PoE.

It's just proper town play tbh. Building consensus, understanding differences in that consensus, and debating earnestly which difference checks should be heeded is important in mountainous.
I can restrain myself enough not to make a snarky comment, but not enough to not note that I made one internally
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Anyways visor is fine, if he has good reads keep him alive if he doesn't kill him like d3/4, im not super worried about him
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Also people don't have to be awake for you to vote them lol
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:47 pm

You are currently voting another non town read for me so I don't have any problems with your direction atm. Carry on.
while I'm glad I have your permission it's not something I was particularly concerned with having
If we are both town it is good for us to work together on same reads to establish a good, shared PoE.

It's just proper town play tbh. Building consensus, understanding differences in that consensus, and debating earnestly which difference checks should be heeded is important in mountainous.
I can restrain myself enough not to make a snarky comment, but not enough to not note that I made one internally
One of your comments in spec really got to me tbh. The "I don't think you are going to change so the apology doesn't matter" or something. It showed a lack of understanding of who I am as a mafia player and as a person.

I am always striving to improve, and one of the ways I can improve right now is recognizing that I have an over thinking problem and there is a reason for that and being very aware of that.

I am disgustingly earnest.
hollowkatt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 424

Post by hollowkatt »

Sabiplz wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:41 pm Noted.

I don't feel comfortable waiting that long for him to be anything besides null.

Can we add him to the D1 menu?
you can. here's my problem with it: there's not really a good reason to put him on the menu. There's also not a good reason to keep him off of the menu. I'd say give a day or so with regards to content and then chop if it's still lacking but that's not out of some kind of misguided "strong players with weak openings can still be useful town" but more along the lines of "if we're right it's not like we're right for reasons we can articulate"
ImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu wrote:fluffy furry
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

pfft. If I am right today it is because I successfully town read a bunch of people. Suck it wolves get PoE'd

Hopefully.
Sabiplz
<3
Posts in topic: 1255
Preferred Pronouns: They them
Aka: Kuti

Post by Sabiplz »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:48 pm Anyways visor is fine, if he has good reads keep him alive if he doesn't kill him like d3/4, im not super worried about him
D3/d4 is a bit too long for a good player with not good reads.

But yea
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

hollowkatt wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:49 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:41 pm Noted.

I don't feel comfortable waiting that long for him to be anything besides null.

Can we add him to the D1 menu?
you can. here's my problem with it: there's not really a good reason to put him on the menu. There's also not a good reason to keep him off of the menu. I'd say give a day or so with regards to content and then chop if it's still lacking but that's not out of some kind of misguided "strong players with weak openings can still be useful town" but more along the lines of "if we're right it's not like we're right for reasons we can articulate"
Yea fair enough. I just don't want us to like let him slip by under the radar
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

I was the 1111 post.

Making a wish.

Achromatic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:49 pm

One of your comments in spec really got to me tbh. The "I don't think you are going to change so the apology doesn't matter" or something. It showed a lack of understanding of who I am as a mafia player and as a person.

I am always striving to improve, and one of the ways I can improve right now is recognizing that I have an over thinking problem and there is a reason for that and being very aware of that.

I mean, I wouldn't take it too seriously/personally, I didn't mean it in a harsh/critical way. I generally just think people play how they want to and/or how they think is best, and trying to strong-arm someone into apologizing for something they'd likely do again is...silly, at best, lol.

And idk maybe you will change, I dont really know you as a person or anything ive just seen you play two games, but im not really sure you need to change if you're happy or content with how you play. Like. If this is the way you want to play, theres nothing objectively or inherently wrong with it, none of my suggestions have been to change how you play just to be more cognizant of how other people play around you and maybe more accepting that not everyone plays the same way as you and that's OK.

Idk basically im just trying to say that I don't think you have to change how you play if you don't want to, and its pointless to apologize for something if you aren't planning to change it (and even if you are tbh I don't think you really owe an apology, you owned your mistakes afaict and its just a game)
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

my current town reads are

Esooa
Sabi
Porscha
Nook
Lily
risi
Wilgy
HK
Neon

They have a combined five votes on them although 1 is a n0 check and 2 are from not town reads.

Feel like at most there's 1 scum lurking here atm. I usually do that if I am doing well at least, have a big list and have like literally one wolf on it.

More than 1 means I suck tho.
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Nook and Achro should kiss
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 691
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Achromatic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:50 pm pfft. If I am right today it is because I successfully town read a bunch of people. Suck it wolves get PoE'd

Hopefully.
This is how I eternally play the game. Find town anyone you don't find is scum, work with your town to solve the game and win.

When I don't get pocketed it works. When I do get pocketed...see champs game 1 for reference lol
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.

Sabiplz wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:52 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:48 pm Anyways visor is fine, if he has good reads keep him alive if he doesn't kill him like d3/4, im not super worried about him

But yea
I don't really have a strong grasp on how long it takes him to get going

Idk im not gonna fight to keep him out of the poe he's just not a priority for me
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 691
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Neon wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:57 pm
Achromatic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:50 pm pfft. If I am right today it is because I successfully town read a bunch of people. Suck it wolves get PoE'd

Hopefully.
This is how I eternally play the game. Find town anyone you don't find is scum, work with your town to solve the game and win.

When I don't get pocketed it works. When I do get pocketed...see champs game 1 for reference lol
I shouldn't say is scum. Anyone you don't find is your pool
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:56 pm
Achromatic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:49 pm

I mean, I wouldn't take it too seriously/personally, I didn't mean it in a harsh/critical way. I generally just think people play how they want to and/or how they think is best, and trying to strong-arm someone into apologizing for something they'd likely do again is...silly, at best, lol.

And idk maybe you will change, I dont really know you as a person or anything ive just seen you play two games, but im not really sure you need to change if you're happy or content with how you play. Like. If this is the way you want to play, theres nothing objectively or inherently wrong with it, none of my suggestions have been to change how you play just to be more cognizant of how other people play around you and maybe more accepting that not everyone plays the same way as you and that's OK.

Idk basically im just trying to say that I don't think you have to change how you play if you don't want to, and its pointless to apologize for something if you aren't planning to change it (and even if you are tbh I don't think you really owe an apology, you owned your mistakes afaict and its just a game)
Fair enough. Part of it is I am not very content with my town game atm. Thus we have work shopping mode.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 182

Post by DrWilgy »

It's meeeeeeeeee
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

10 new pages and votes split across the board. Excellent job everyone.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
santygrass
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 809
Preferred Pronouns: Any
Aka: Santy

Post by santygrass »

Your welcome
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Esooa wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:27 am
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:59 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:54 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:49 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:43 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:39 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:18 pm ok I'm going to try to maintain a nice positive atmosphere for our new friends to enjoy so that will be the last of my toxicity for this game
AAAAAAAAAAH wolf Mac.

Sabi was right to SPECIFICALLY dislike kingmaker on the premise that MAC is king.
elaborate
I didn't read any of your previous posts as toxic. Feels weird for you to say you aren't going to be toxic, when I only saw disgruntlement.

You caught Sabi very clearly last game I saw you play, is this the same Sabi?
No sabi is a lot less wooden than she was in that game.

I called Sabi bad at mafia. I invited most of these players and wanted to foster a positive threadstate and almost immediately failed in my goal. That's all that statement is. I like this new robust and productive Wilgy. Keep it up.
Positivity shmozitivity.

Meh, still think your post was slightly wolfy.

Not as wolfy as ender, but just slight. I don't know if disheartened Mac uses the vernacular used. Like, perhaps disgruntlement as we saw, yes, but a shift and declared shift. This early? This time of day? This time of year? Isolated entirely within day 1?
probably good post
Why is this? Both Posrcha and Mac seemed to agree that I was making much of nothing.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Esooa wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:30 am
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:01 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:56 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:52 pm Town:
Sabi
HK
Achro
Lily
Porscha

Everyone else is W.

Fight me.
Wanna explain these reads
You seem in your d1 town range based on last game.

HK seems to be moving the RVS along.

Achro's is only slight, but it's out of merit that openly discussing kingmaker helps us get out of RVS.

Lily came in swinging and that's a slight town tell.

Porscha seems in d1 town range.
lmao I like the term of openly discussing kingmaker, as opposed to secretly and subversively discussing it. But I don't like that read. Maybe I just don't like Achro
Lol, perhaps openly wasn't the best word.

Loudly?

Discussion encouragingly?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

EnderWiggin wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:38 am
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:55 pm Real read: Ender's 2 posts are wolfy as hell.
Didn't even need to have Mac drive it this time, excellent.
Yes, excellent.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

santygrass wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:11 pm Your welcome
I still blame Lucy.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Porscha wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:08 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:06 pm I have once again changed my profile pic. AMA.
wdym once again? It's been the same pfp since I first played with you in like, january or something
I mean, I think I change it every half year to year? I think that's the average profile pic attention span I have.
Image Image Image
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

I don't like the new pfp Wilgz.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Alright, notifications responded to, going back to page 9. See y'all in a few.

[VOTE: EnderWiggin] aubergine to start off and not have my vote in meme placement.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Sabiplz wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:16 pm I don't like the new pfp Wilgz.
C'mooooon, it'll take at least 20 min to doodle a new kai'sa pfp
Image Image Image
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 621
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:12 pm
Esooa wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:27 am
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:59 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:54 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:49 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:43 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:39 pm

AAAAAAAAAAH wolf Mac.

Sabi was right to SPECIFICALLY dislike kingmaker on the premise that MAC is king.
elaborate
I didn't read any of your previous posts as toxic. Feels weird for you to say you aren't going to be toxic, when I only saw disgruntlement.

You caught Sabi very clearly last game I saw you play, is this the same Sabi?
No sabi is a lot less wooden than she was in that game.

I called Sabi bad at mafia. I invited most of these players and wanted to foster a positive threadstate and almost immediately failed in my goal. That's all that statement is. I like this new robust and productive Wilgy. Keep it up.
Positivity shmozitivity.

Meh, still think your post was slightly wolfy.

Not as wolfy as ender, but just slight. I don't know if disheartened Mac uses the vernacular used. Like, perhaps disgruntlement as we saw, yes, but a shift and declared shift. This early? This time of day? This time of year? Isolated entirely within day 1?
probably good post
Why is this? Both Posrcha and Mac seemed to agree that I was making much of nothing.
I say more about it later but if you want me to explain I can
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 621
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

I'm not really bothered by OW at all. Probably not someone I'd kill day 1 just for the heck of it either and I don't really know why Sabi is concerned about him considering he posted the exact same last game
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Esooa wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:24 pm I'm not really bothered by OW at all. Probably not someone I'd kill day 1 just for the heck of it either and I don't really know why Sabi is concerned about him considering he posted the exact same last game
She just lost to wolf visor skating by for awhile.
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Achromatic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:25 pm
Esooa wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:24 pm I'm not really bothered by OW at all. Probably not someone I'd kill day 1 just for the heck of it either and I don't really know why Sabi is concerned about him considering he posted the exact same last game
They just lost to wolf visor skating by for awhile.
ebwop
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

What achro said. I recently lost to wolf visor and he pulled the whole: in not trying to be invested in this game schtick.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Achromatic wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:11 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:08 pm
Achromatic wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:07 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:05 pm
Achromatic wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:03 pm upon reflection I am also giving Nook a town read.

Town
HK
Wilgy
Nook
Porscha
Esooa

Wolf
Secret Read

6 more life boats available.
Achro are you going to explain your reads or are you going to continue to be an attention whore?

Why haven't you read me?
I have now explained all of my non secret reads.

You have done nothing AI.
Nook hasn't done anything AI either and your explanation of his thing is pretty fake able.
Nook is a shining beacon of town how dare you.

but the whole point of vibe checks is just to go off vibes lol.
I see Sabi's point here. I like it Sabi.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Achromatic wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:13 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:11 pm Achro not going on a monologue about how he is hard to miselim and that he's untouchable is eyebrow raising.

I guess he doesn't feel like he's a ML?
I mean I just don't care lol x) I've been mislynched twice the past month so clearly I am not THAT HARD of a ML and also if everyone decides to vote me out it is their skill issue, not mine.

I'll just be over here collecting reads regardless of vote count. I am not going to beg people to read me differently if they want to vote me. I am mostly here for my benefit of seeing how different methods of scum hunting work for me early game, if that doesn't project towniness in this particular game I already know how to fix that long term.
I do think that the first statement is kinda just objectively wrong. Enabling yourself to be read and not misyeeted is a skill required for town to win, even if it's hard and also not a member of the town's primary objective.

But go for it. I wish to see and understand your reads. Maybe I'll see them as I advance.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Sabiplz wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:36 pm
Porscha wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:31 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:26 pm Porscha what do you know about my wolf range? I have randed wolf twice the last month and they both were bad (but I did end game and win in one of them)
idk I think i've seen you wolf 2-3 times in total but the one specific post achro gave you town read for is .......... I think entirely within either of your ranges.

any alignment player can have the thought "oh so you say you sheep x, but x is TR'ing me, curious that you are not sheeping x like you said you would" like literally any alignment player has the neutral vantage point to point this out and I don't think either alignment has a particular reason to point this out or not. I think the most neutral person in the game, someone who isn't even playing the game, could have the thought of "oh but that person is voting the other person whom THE OTHER PERSON said they are sheeping" etc etc. like I don't see a world where achro thinks or "feels vibes" that post is specifically town but he won't elaborate so i'm sitting here with shit in 1 hand and achro in the other hand telling me the shit isn't shit
Fair enough.

God it feels weird to give you a tr about this but yea. Here.
What makes it weird? Seems just like a blanket contradictory statement?
Image Image Image
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Sabiplz wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:56 pm Nook and Achro should kiss
I town read this and also would town read that action
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:57 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:52 pm

But yea
I don't really have a strong grasp on how long it takes him to get going

Idk im not gonna fight to keep him out of the poe he's just not a priority for me
to paraphrase: idgaf if he's chopped but I'm not exerting effort to do so
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:42 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:36 pm
Porscha wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:31 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:26 pm Porscha what do you know about my wolf range? I have randed wolf twice the last month and they both were bad (but I did end game and win in one of them)
idk I think i've seen you wolf 2-3 times in total but the one specific post achro gave you town read for is .......... I think entirely within either of your ranges.

any alignment player can have the thought "oh so you say you sheep x, but x is TR'ing me, curious that you are not sheeping x like you said you would" like literally any alignment player has the neutral vantage point to point this out and I don't think either alignment has a particular reason to point this out or not. I think the most neutral person in the game, someone who isn't even playing the game, could have the thought of "oh but that person is voting the other person whom THE OTHER PERSON said they are sheeping" etc etc. like I don't see a world where achro thinks or "feels vibes" that post is specifically town but he won't elaborate so i'm sitting here with shit in 1 hand and achro in the other hand telling me the shit isn't shit
Fair enough.

God it feels weird to give you a tr about this but yea. Here.
What makes it weird? Seems just like a blanket contradictory statement?
It doesn't feel contradictory. She's explaining why achro read was weird.
. It feels weird to tr someone for stopping a townread on me.

I just like how she is going about trying to solve me vs just pocketing me like she has done before as wolf.
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

hollowkatt wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:43 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:56 pm Nook and Achro should kiss
I town read this and also would town read that action
This game needs more kissing
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Neon wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:41 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:08 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:05 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:03 pm This is a shitpost and detox game for me, just to set expectations
What do you mean
I mean I'm burnt out of the amount of energy, both in thread and behind the scenes, that I've been putting into many of my games over the last few months, and its gotten to the point where I'm becoming too emotionally invested in games, which isn't good for me on a personal level and isn't good for my reads, so I'm consciously taking a step back.

Basically I'm gonna play this more like mac's game than like champs or asmr or whatever
Is it bad if I both feel this on a personal level and want to read it as town.

Probably.

Mafia unhealthy game inherently can't change my mind.
What makes this towny?

Also I don't think Mafia is inherently unhealthy, but I do think *expectations* one has for a game about discussion, deliberation and deceit can lead to emotional duress and THAT can be unhealthy.
Image Image Image

I don't kiss im just a tease
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

EnderWiggin wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:41 am
Lilypetal wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:05 pm wilgy is town very hot take i know
The townier Wilgy is. The more likely mafia.

*Walks away from "clinically bad meta reads" sign.*
I don't know if this has honestly ever been true. Er... I think I've been misyeeted twice when this argument has been made.
Image Image Image
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:52 pm

I don't know if this has honestly ever been true. Er... I think I've been misyeeted twice when this argument has been made.
*sheepishly hides*

Again im sorry
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Made it to like page 11, and I don't think Achros a good vote today.

Even if the reads are bad, which I agree that they don't seem correct to me, I think Achro is engaged and solving. I think if we find a W in Achro it's through associations we make later.

I suppose I'm trying to say I am not wise enough to know if this puts Achro in wolf range, but as it stands I see it as pro town.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Sabiplz wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:55 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:52 pm

*sheepishly hides*

Again im sorry
Nothing to be sorry about, I misplayed in not saving Nook when my gut told me to. It wasn't the first time nor will it be the last.
Image Image Image
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:56 pm Made it to like page 11, and I don't think Achros a good vote today.

Even if the reads are bad, which I agree that they don't seem correct to me, I think Achro is engaged and solving. I think if we find a W in Achro it's through associations we make later.

I suppose I'm trying to say I am not wise enough to know if this puts Achro in wolf range, but as it stands I see it as pro town.
Would you like his recent wolf rand

Because he can do this as wolf.

This is why I don't trust him.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Porscha wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:48 am
EnderWiggin wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:47 am
Lilypetal wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:45 am
EnderWiggin wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:43 am
Lilypetal wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:43 am
Porscha wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:40 am
Lilypetal wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:38 am

alm fire emblem
did you ever play path of radiance / radiant dawn?
yeah por is one of my fav games!

i love rd too

ive played every FE
That's weird. This is my post but someone else posted it.
hello me
Hi. Do you also agree that Fire Emblem should stop doing self-inserts and actually go back to main characters with personality?
extremely agree
I think it depends.

I think the inclusion of Self Inserts is fine, but they don't need to be the main character.

I think Byleth and 3 houses suffers vastly from Byleth both being a bad self insert that doesn't actually work to allow self expression in the character and by their being a very very bland main character.

At least Robin had slight customization and way more of a narrative backseat that let other characters shine through.
Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Hustles”