Post by Boquise »

@Alison
it is basically on how he is constructing and presenting his thoughts tbh
Boquise wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:49 am
arogame123 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:29 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:27 pm
arogame123 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:24 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:37 pm
Lilypetal wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:48 pm mafia team is nanook / lucy / seanzie thank me in post game
this post in particular felt a bit out of place and like the type of post i would make as a nervous wolf who felt pressured to join in on the meme posting but idk if i actually believe this
I mean, it's clearly a meme post and Lily does post stuff like that every game lmfao.

Do you actually think she believed that spf?
no, it's obvious that she didn't believe it, and that isn't what i said. i thought that the timing of the post was awkward and felt the most like somebody trying to "fit in" w/the rest of the game
oh oh, I misread your post. I thought the ending said, "but idk if she even believed what she posted." I misread why u had the sr oops.

I mean, I kind of disagree on the timing part but I can see why you would think that. I just kind of treated it like a meme post and everyone letting out the BS in their system during the RVS phaze.

I guess the post itself I could see why u would think it seems forced, but seeing as how Lily practically does it every game I have seen them do it in, idk if it means much.
arogame123 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:39 pm Hmmm, it's funny that you say that SPF, because I was about to my post an observation/read I had, and I kind of want your input on this and thoughts.

I was actually going to slight townread Neon rn because I felt like when they entered the thread, they felt more like they were "vibing" with the thread and going with the flow. Like asking you about the League question and responding to Lily's wolf gc comment. So I had some good vibes from Neon after their initial "multi-tabbing" posts and seemed ok.

So I was wondering if you agree with my sentiment that Neon seems to be more natural rather than "attempting to fit in"?
I began town reading Aro around these posts.
It might be a stupid read but eh. Through jurying Aro's game, I found that he presented his thought process in a complicated manner (he has become more succinct tho). It is difficult to describe, but the way I read Aro's posts is that they are phrased in a complicated manner (or at least they become complicated in my head) and they are also constructed in an uh "unsmoothly" way?

I have never seen Aro wolf so maybe this is NAI. It reminds me how he plays as town tho so.
Also
arogame123 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:04 pm Wait @falcon45ca, you do realize I voted on Mac as a meme right? He said he was a 49ers fan and I am a Seahawks fan. Seahawks and 49ers don't like each other.

Also, I voted on you cause your intro post pinged me and it didn't seem genuine to me.
This made me question my read at first. It is very defensive and felt like Aro was damage controlling/trying to explain away a vote.
But then I have a vague memory that Aro have done this as town so maybe it isn't anything tbh
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 362

Re: King of the Hill Mafia

Post by Creature »

Alison wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:27 pm Maybe not Creature.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 278
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Lilypetal wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:00 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:26 am Tmi? I would never
must be town then
Bingo bango
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lilypetal
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 723
Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Aka: lily

Post by Lilypetal »

alright im caught up hello
Boquise
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 462
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by Boquise »

Lilypetal wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:10 pm alright im caught up hello
what are your thoughts tbh
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Lilypetal wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:10 pm alright im caught up hello
what are your thoughts tbh
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

seems like the first v creature i have ever seen

lucy v i think and just taking a diff approach at the game

i liked spf/aro

still think mac is v from rvs alone but we'll have to see lmao
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 289

Post by Alison »

Boquise wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:06 pm @Alison
Thanks. I don't remember how complex his thoughts were in Cats vs Dogs, where he was mafia. I got snowed by him after underestimating his scum range that game so I am slightly hesitant to hand out easy townreads in this one, especially since we seem to differ pretty strongly on the Neon read. What did you think of his accusation that I was being overly harsh to Neon and not giving her the benefit of the doubt?
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Porscha
Made Man
Posts in topic: 550

Post by Porscha »

Seanzie wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:20 am
Boquise wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:02 am i was informed in the dvc for spech chat game that wolves are most likely within players that play "suboptimally" tbh. Normally I try to be more nuanced in my reads with them but I have decided to try to push those players and see if my accuracy increases or decreases. Tl;dr you all are my test subjects tbh
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:34 pm i've noticed that most wolves tend to struggle with posting in the early game (kind of like how i picked up on twice being awkward on page 1 of the spec chat invitational that just ended but then brushed it off when he got townier, or how i was able to pick up on hells being fake-solvey right away), and that's bcuz they haven't gotten into the flow of the game yet and are primarily concerned with "blending in" and not attracting any negative attention to themselves

i think it's uniquely easy to catch wolves in the first few pages of the game because of this, and lily's posts came the closest of meeting the archetype of somebody who was focused primarily with "blending in" and trying to seem natural. it's not really about whether she does it every game - it's about the timing, the flow, etc etc

i understand that this type of read has a high margin of error though
also i agree with this take about early game posts tbh
sadly i misread variance for it, but it did make me start town reading him eventually tbh
So what you're saying is...

wolf team is Boq/Alison/??? and your plan is to powerwolf and push all the townies who play "suboptimally", while you are able to hide behind "well, I'm trying out a new strategy", and Alison hides behind playing like that always?

Did I read between the lines correctly?
Lol I love you sean
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:21 am
Boquise wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:06 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:44 pm
arogame123 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:39 pm Hmmm, it's funny that you say that SPF, because I was about to my post an observation/read I had, and I kind of want your input on this and thoughts.

I was actually going to slight townread Neon rn because I felt like when they entered the thread, they felt more like they were "vibing" with the thread and going with the flow. Like asking you about the League question and responding to Lily's wolf gc comment. So I had some good vibes from Neon after their initial "multi-tabbing" posts and seemed ok.

So I was wondering if you agree with my sentiment that Neon seems to be more natural rather than "attempting to fit in"?
i kind of agree with you - i think their posts have felt more tonally comfortable and they have been playing reactively (ie: responding almost exclusively to what other people are saying) instead of actively trying to establish a presence in the thread (Ie: lily abruptly making a meme post about who all of the mafia are)

i feel like i'm better at identifying when somebody is fitting in with the vibe "incorrectly" and i have a history of misclearing ppl for tone reasons, so i dont really townread neon for it but i get it
personally i find "vibing with the thread and going with the flow" a position where i misclear wolves tbh
Skill issue smh
I'm gonna vomit on you
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 758

Post by staypositivefriend »

i will catch up in this game in a few hours
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Alison wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:20 pm
Boquise wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:06 pm @Alison
Thanks. I don't remember how complex his thoughts were in Cats vs Dogs, where he was mafia. I got snowed by him after underestimating his scum range that game so I am slightly hesitant to hand out easy townreads in this one, especially since we seem to differ pretty strongly on the Neon read. What did you think of his accusation that I was being overly harsh to Neon and not giving her the benefit of the doubt?
I got the feeling that Aro believes in his pov with Neon. Neon's posts are probably read as "null" by most and also looks like an easy target, so that's why I think he said you were being harsh. "She has barely done anything yet leave some room" - so for empathetic reasons.

His read didn't feel tmi and if Neon is wolf i would clear Aro in my head, because i don't think wolves defend their mates in that manner.

But yeh, it is fair to be hesitant with reads on him with that history. I am aware I was tricked by Twice in the last game so whilst i am handling out some town reads, I have not eliminated the risk of misclearing tbh
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

But if I cared too much about misclearing, I wouldn't be able to town read folks so it feels like an okay trade tbh
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Lilypetal wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:13 pm seems like the first v creature i have ever seen

i liked spf/aro

Why do you think those folks are v (aside from Mac since you have already said why)
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 388

Post by MacDougall »

wee wee
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 278
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Porscha wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:21 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:21 am
Boquise wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:06 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:44 pm

i kind of agree with you - i think their posts have felt more tonally comfortable and they have been playing reactively (ie: responding almost exclusively to what other people are saying) instead of actively trying to establish a presence in the thread (Ie: lily abruptly making a meme post about who all of the mafia are)

i feel like i'm better at identifying when somebody is fitting in with the vibe "incorrectly" and i have a history of misclearing ppl for tone reasons, so i dont really townread neon for it but i get it
personally i find "vibing with the thread and going with the flow" a position where i misclear wolves tbh
Skill issue smh
I'm gonna vomit on you
Owo
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Creature wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:25 pm
Creature wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:39 pm Alright the whole gang is here.

Looked good:

Alison
arogame123
Creature
falcon45ca
lucy
MissSparkles
staypositivefriend

Looked meh/null/dependent on flips:

Boquise
Jackoffhearts2005
Neon
Porscha
Seanzie

Looked bad:

Lilypetal
MacDougall
Alright. Looked bad:

Lilypetal
MacDougall
Neon
Porscha

Thoughts?
lol
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison is a wolf in this game I think.

I think Lilypetal is also a wolf.

I think the third is probably like ... Seanzie?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

good luck my fellow townerooni
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 48

Post by falcon45ca »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:02 pm Alison is a wolf in this game I think.

Why is Alison a wolf?
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

Boquise wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:41 pm
Lilypetal wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:13 pm seems like the first v creature i have ever seen

i liked spf/aro

Why do you think those folks are v (aside from Mac since you have already said why)
iirc i've only played vs w!creature and this creature is going about day 1 completely differently and seems to be like trying? so i just easily v read that

lucy's whole thing in every game I've played with her is that she doesnt make reads day 1 for some reason but it seems like she's dropping that and playing properly and I think you start doing that in a V game because it would only be a boon for wolfing

spf and aro just have good vibes that remind me of them towning, it's not like a proper read just like a very very slight lean

i'd say rn i'm confident in Creature/Lucy Town

aro/spf/mac TL
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:02 pm Alison is a wolf in this game I think.

do explain why i am a wolf macdonald
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 77
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Based on the split vote count and nobody voting for me in spite of me 1 posting, I’d guess there are some opinionated people and not a clear towncore/poe.

I’ve been playing video games and working all day. Ping me with cases. Kthx
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

MissSparkles wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:14 pm I'm just vibin to whoever said i'm playing suboptimally, sure i'm not like in super scumhunt mode but like can't a bitch vibe first?
ily btw
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Seanzie wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:16 pm
lucy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:12 pm seanzie, thoughts on your personal read accuracy?
What is your problem with me? Do you just want to covertly say I suck a few more times? Please get it out of your system now, because I'm getting tired of it quickly.
this is actually so funny I hope she asks you this question literally every game for my own amusement
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Boquise wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:18 pm normally people who make these sort of silly reads on me are rand>town.
They usually feel very proud of themselves and tunnel me until I get misyeeted in F3 tbh

it is happening again etc

anyway, i will town read Seanzie. I was wrong with Annulus in anni but eh. Wrong once is not a biggie with that tbh
can't / won't explain why but I greatly dislike this post
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

i liked spf/aro

creature was pretty obv town in spiritfarer
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Porscha, I’m right here.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

sean falcon lock town never rescind
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:20 pm Porscha, I’m right here.
hi jack :) my boyfriend had a dream last night that he was queek and leading an army of rats. but then he got shot and woke up. this is the most I have learned about WH
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Porscha wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:21 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:20 pm Porscha, I’m right here.
hi jack :) my boyfriend had a dream last night that he was queek and leading an army of rats. but then he got shot and woke up. this is the most I have learned about WH
Your bf should have been in Clan Eschin tbh
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

hehe

jack are you caught up or no
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Porscha wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:28 pm hehe

jack are you caught up or no
Totally.

;)
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

lol

what do you think of boquise
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:41 pm

Why is Alison a wolf?
it doesn't matter nobody is going to chop her on fay 1 for reasons I give
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:36 pm

Why is Alison a wolf?
true
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Porscha wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:37 pm

Why is Alison a wolf?
true
but you should give your reasons anyway in case you get ml'd or nk'd
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Aw man I'm really bored rn
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Lilypetal wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:45 pm

do explain why i am a wolf macdonald
you are townreading people for bad reasons which wolves are prone to do
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Creature wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:38 pm Aw man I'm really bored rn
hi creature I enjoy this new evolved version of you
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I guess I'm up to lynch one of the following names: Lilypetal, MacDougall and Neon.

Kinda hesitant on lynching Porscha because I feel like I just can't read her well.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Where do you all stand on Porscha?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Porscha wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:33 pm lol

I like him as a friend.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Why is Alison a wolf?
true
the way she is making matter of fact reads such as "these three players are town" with no reasoning offered, on slots it is sub optimal for Alison to be shielding because they are not >rand town slots anyway indicates Alison is not legitimately trying to sort alignments and is more interested in making people feel a way
robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 328
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by robyn »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:39 pm

I like him as a friend.
the subtext here is nsfw
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I confess I am getting a bit concerned about staypositivefriend, especially in the world both Lilypetal and Seanzie are town.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:39 pm

I like him as a friend.
well I hope that isn't too disappointing for him. you let him down easy at least
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Creature wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:39 pm I guess I'm up to lynch one of the following names: Lilypetal, MacDougall and Neon.

Kinda hesitant on lynching Porscha because I feel like I just can't read her well.
since when do you feel ok with chopping me d1?
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:40 pm

Why is Alison a wolf?
true
the way she is making matter of fact reads such as "these three players are town" with no reasoning offered, on slots it is sub optimal for Alison to be shielding because they are not >rand town slots anyway indicates Alison is not legitimately trying to sort alignments and is more interested in making people feel a way
thank you
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:40 pm
Creature wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:39 pm I guess I'm up to lynch one of the following names: Lilypetal, MacDougall and Neon.

since when do you feel ok with chopping me d1?
I dunno. I just think you're wolfy and your push on me was shit.

Return to “Previous Hustles”