King of the Hill Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 289
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: King of the Hill Mafia

Post by Alison »

I think mafia is >rand to be coasting/slanking right now because this threadstate is ideal for it. There is a general sense of low energy, lots of people aren't playing much or are playing very shallowly (fluffy one liners and dip), and most players seem aimless. Even people like Mac and Seanzie who are usually WIM powerhouses don't seem motivated. This is the sort of game where people just kick back and eat popcorn in the mafia chat knowing they cannot be held accountable for doing nothing when half the game is.

So I am just gonna start killing slankers.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 328
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by robyn »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:45 pm lucy do u have a read on me yet
why do u ask
no
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

lucy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:44 pm
Seanzie wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:42 pm Okay, I'm caught up. See you all tomorrow.
will u be hungover tomorrow
No, I'll be up at 6:30am to get some work done and work out before I go to work.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 758

Post by staypositivefriend »

lucy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:46 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:45 pm lucy do u have a read on me yet
why do u ask
no
i was wondering because u said something like: "spf is finally hitting her town notes" in the last game that gave off the vibe that you think u know how to read me
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Seanzie wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:46 pm
Seanzie wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:42 pm Okay, I'm caught up. See you all tomorrow.
No, I'll be up at 6:30am to get some work done and work out before I go to work.
unfortunate, my condolences
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:47 pm
why do u ask
no
i was wondering because u said something like: "spf is finally hitting her town notes" in the last game that gave off the vibe that you think u know how to read me
wasn't me I don't like
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

I don't think
fuck
Alison

Post by Alison »

lucy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:47 pm
why do u ask
no
wasn't me I don't like
It was, I remember this line too. Start of the F7 day, I think.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... ost6328624

maybe u didnt mean it in a meta-y way though
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Alison wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:45 pm I think mafia is >rand to be coasting/slanking right now because this threadstate is ideal for it. There is a general sense of low energy, lots of people aren't playing much or are playing very shallowly (fluffy one liners and dip), and most players seem aimless. Even people like Mac and Seanzie who are usually WIM powerhouses don't seem motivated. This is the sort of game where people just kick back and eat popcorn in the mafia chat knowing they cannot be held accountable for doing nothing when half the game is.

So it's you/Boq/??? and your plan to powerwolf and yeet people who are playing "suboptimally" didn't work, so now you have to try to save Boq by going for LHF?

Did I read between the lines correctly?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Alison

Post by Alison »

Seanzie wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:54 pm
Alison wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:45 pm I think mafia is >rand to be coasting/slanking right now because this threadstate is ideal for it. There is a general sense of low energy, lots of people aren't playing much or are playing very shallowly (fluffy one liners and dip), and most players seem aimless. Even people like Mac and Seanzie who are usually WIM powerhouses don't seem motivated. This is the sort of game where people just kick back and eat popcorn in the mafia chat knowing they cannot be held accountable for doing nothing when half the game is.

So it's you/Boq/??? and your plan to powerwolf and yeet people who are playing "suboptimally" didn't work, so now you have to try to save Boq by going for LHF?

No.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Alison wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:51 pm
why do u ask
no
wasn't me I don't like
It was, I remember this line too. Start of the F7 day, I think.
then I lied, I iso'ed myself a bit and can't find https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... ost6334289

found this
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

:shrug: I recently started at my dream job and have been losing some of the weight I picked up during COVID while also starting to regain some definition and stength I haven't seen since before I started my PhD, so me getting some fun work done and continuing my streak of doing morning workouts sounds pretty fortunate, but that's just my opinion.

robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:53 pm https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... ost6328624

maybe u didnt mean it in a meta-y way though
ah yeah, that was just lucysiding that I used a different word for
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

read spec chat warrior game lmfao
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Seanzie wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:57 pm
:shrug: I recently started at my dream job and have been losing some of the weight I picked up during COVID while also starting to regain some definition and stength I haven't seen since before I started my PhD, so me getting some fun work done and continuing my streak of doing morning workouts sounds pretty fortunate, but that's just my opinion.
what are you getting your phd in?
☆Princess Abigail☆
Posts in topic: 279
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Lilypetal wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:14 pm
Porscha wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:57 pm
lucy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:55 pm
Porscha wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:54 pm
lucy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:52 pm
Porscha wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:51 pm
lucy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:50 pm I pledge allegiance to Pakistan
I pledge allegiance to your mom
you're poly?
she is my Great Leader not my Great Lover, you see
I see no distinction
I have to fight all of my loves. it is the natural way of things because I am bratty

my leaders get less sass
relatable
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 48

Post by falcon45ca »

[VOTE: Neon ] aubergine
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

I've had All You Can Eat Pizza, 5 shots, 2 beers, and a lil bit o" THC (to the tune of 13 Nights of Christmas)

So, what's haps peeps? I'm old, but still hip
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

I'm gonna sleep cause in 100 posts I've done much less than I've hoped to
I have started a google doc with some expectations that I should see tomorrow
I think a towncore should be built, but I don't think it will be, I predict that this game won't have a towncore until d3 because the possible composition of wolves are too strong and we have nothing to clear most players as of now
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

lucy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:00 pm
I am a mathematician, PhD done got gotten already, on to dream job stage now.

☆Princess Abigail☆

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:25 pm
Alison wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:24 pm
Alison wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:21 pm Mac knows me to be an absolutist person, a principled player, and who plays very rigidly by a strict set of rules and policies. It beggars belief that he would find it hard to conceive of me thinking hypocrisy is wolfy just because he personally finds it to be townie. He isn't trying to authentically evaluate whether or not I believe in my scumread on him; he's just interested in discrediting my push and making me look bad or wrong.

[VOTE: MacDougall] aubergine
Actually nah.

[VOTE: Neon] aubergine

I'll give him a day pass to produce a pelt.
lol called it
Am I lhf scummy town :(

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Seanzie wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:05 pm
Algebraic Geometry?
☆Princess Abigail☆

Lilypetal wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:34 pm @Neon are u a wolf
Only in games randed on tuesdays

ImageImage

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

lucy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:06 pm

Algebraic Geometry?
No, I've published more than two papers.

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:04 pm I've had All You Can Eat Pizza, 5 shots of Whiskey, 2 beers of Lucky, and a lil bit o" THC (to the tune of 13 Nights of Christmas)

So, what's haps peeps? I'm old, but still hip
Fixxxxed
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Seanzie wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:08 pm

Algebraic Geometry?
I'm self studying Fourier analysis if that means anything to you, and I'm taking calc 1 in school lol
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

[VOTE: Sean] aubergine
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

lucy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:10 pm
Seanzie wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:08 pm

Algebraic Geometry?
I'm self studying Fourier analysis if that means anything to you, and I'm taking calc 1 in school lol
Jesus fuck, I can't vote both of you twits
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i think i'll make a reads list summarizing where i'm at in like 2 hours or so
☆Princess Abigail☆

Creature wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:48 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:43 pm
Creature wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:41 pm [VOTE: Neon] aubergine
what made u vote for neon?
Neon is one of my current fav lynches for today and I kinda trust Alison's and Boquise's reads most. Also getting tired of voteparking Lilypetal. Let's see if she improves or not.
Skill issue

Okay I'm going to be totally for cereal for the next paragraph

Everyone who voted me did so while I wasn't in the thread openly acknowledged I wouldn't be in the thread and that I didn't know how long I wouldn't be in the thread. I'm the lowest of lhf townies and if you're voting me you should feel bad. Nobody should have a read on me let alone assume I'm scum. I think Alison just is wrong town. At least one of the others is scum. GGs.

ImageImage

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Voting slankers D1 is suboptimal, and you know it.

You mentioned the 1 & Done posters this RD....who are they specifically?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:12 pm i think i'll make a reads list summarizing where i'm at in like 2 hours or so
I think I'll win the lottery, but that don't make it so. What will you actually do?

You've already mentioned being caught up on the thread
☆Princess Abigail☆

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:52 pm i was really looking forward to playing with neon because i enjoyed speccing her in her champs game and she seemed like someone i would get along with, so i am sad that it appears she has chosen to not play the game she has signed up for

looking at her iso, i struggle to get anything alignment indicative out of her posts in either direction though - i can agree that maybe it's hasty to say that she was blending in in a "towny" way but i wouldn't really describe her posts as awkward either. they are non-game related in a way that is likely irrelevant to her alignment
I was sleepinggggggg and espresso depresso so like I slept 17 hours.

I'm playing.

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:15 pm I'm a woof

woofy woof

woofers
Bork bork

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Sabiplz wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:17 pm
mod note:

In regards to votes, out of courtesy please put it in thread who you vote by saying in a message or in the [vote*][/vote*] codes ALONGSIDE your poll vote.

Until it's limlo/Mylo, only poll votes count.
Eww I have to admit to my votes. Sadness.

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:17 pm look at me I'm a city
But like which city?

ImageImage

Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 362

Post by Creature »

Ok let's make the slankers dance

[VOTE: Jackofhearts2005] aubergine
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Also giving players free D1 passes is shit. Always pressure them into doing something and get them lynched if they don't.
☆Princess Abigail☆

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:19 pm
Neon wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:17 pm
Creature wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:25 pm
Creature wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:39 pm Alright the whole gang is here.

Looked good:

Alison
arogame123
Creature
falcon45ca
lucy
MissSparkles
staypositivefriend

Looked meh/null/dependent on flips:

Boquise
Jackoffhearts2005
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
Neon
Porscha
Seanzie

Looked bad:

Lilypetal
MacDougall
Alright. Looked bad:

Lilypetal
MacDougall
Neon
Porscha

Thoughts?
Lock town all of these
I like u

ImageImage

Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I'm actually not opposed to the Boquise wagon. Boquise had a post that felt lolwolfy and he kinda doesn't feel as secure this game like he was last game. However idk how to read Boquise right.
☆Princess Abigail☆

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:33 pm to be clear i don't really think that boq should die today but im now also feeling like lily maybe shouldnt either so im not sure who i scumread
Scum read me it's the trendy thing to do.

or like the better thing find scum on my wagon

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Alison wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:35 pm I think Lily pushing on Boq is townie yeah. It could be just Neon/Mac but I sorta think Mac would throw Neon to the dogs in this situation especially with me pushing Neon.

So I don't really know who Neon's partners are. Maybe arogame?
My partners are me myself and I

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Hey... that was my line.

Thief!

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Oh look they all left me when I started posting. Weird.

[VOTE: Creature] aubergine

ImageImage

Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Neon wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:43 pm Oh look they all left me when I started posting. Weird.

[VOTE: Creature] aubergine
You're boring
☆Princess Abigail☆

Thank you

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Being boring is how I slank into lylo every game.

ImageImage

robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

gn
☆Princess Abigail☆

I'm bored nobody is ever awake when I'm on

ImageImage

Return to “Previous Hustles”