Posts in topic: 865
Preferred Pronouns: Rondo/RondoDimBuckle
Aka: Rondo

Re: King of the Hill Mafia

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:22 am
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:28 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:25 pm
Alison wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:21 pm I have skimmed the past few pages. Not gonna reply to every post, there's 40 minutes left in the day and I'd rather talk with people who are here. The wagon on me is horrible and most people have given literally no reason for voting me. Ergo Porscha is being saved again and their accomplices are in my voters. Ergo we should just vote out Porscha because every time they are under threat the worst wagon in the universe materializes on a strong player that it would be disastrous to execute D1.

@MacDougall Do you think mafia falcon has the balls to push me and you on D1 knowing we can easily find and bury him if he does?
Yes. As mafia he is not a pussy he is just obvious. He's gone straight at me as a wolf many times. That said I'm heavily conflicted on him right now because he does seem to believe what he's saying to some degree and having bad reads isn't something to particularly scumread Falcon for.

I'm no longer really thinking he's optimal anyway. Not with Rondo the supersub shifting his vote around silently and skating. I don't really see how it makes sense not to just kill Rondo here.

And Seanzie's play today has been a total shit show also.

As I started above these two and Jack are just like... I can't really figure a way to perceive them as town?
I agree, Rondo Flash Wagon

[VOTE: Rondo] aubergine

Lets go Mac, Kingmaker. If I am wrong on Rondo, yeet me tomorrow.

Votes when I entered thread
Spoiler: show
Entrance.PNG

Votes 1 hour out from EOD
1 hour out.PNG
VC when Rondo subbed in.

VC 1 hour before EOD when Rondo made this post

So the key differences here are obviously, Jack's wagon just died entirely. It contained me, Creature, Alison. The next VC Creature and I were both on the other dead town. Alison moved to Porcha. I find it hard to reconcile that there isn't at least a wolf voting Jack here.

In the second VC both the dead town are voting Alison alongside Seanzie and Porscha, who I am townreading both of.

There is a lot going on here. I'm glad Rondo dropped these VCs, it's rather townie of him tbh.

We've got Creature/Mac/Lily/Lucy/Nook on Falcon
vs. Porscha wagon (Alison, Aro, Boq)
vs. Alison wagon (Seanzie, Porscha, Falcon, Jack)
vs. Sparkles wagon (Neon, SPF, Rondo lol)

There's going to be at least one mafia wagoned between these three surely. If there's not like we're probably just fucked. I kinda feel like if Sparkles/Rondo is town, then the temptation for a wolf to be there is gonna be very high. So @RondoDimBuckle I think if you are town you should probably be viewing Neon/SPF as a difference check?

@Alison if you are town, would you not have a difference check here between Seanzie and Porscha? Given 50% of your wagon here are dead townies?

@Porscha what do you make of Arogame and Boq voting you here?

There's a lot to glean from this exact wagon formation as the game progresses so I do hope people come back to it as we get more flips because it's likely to out people.

It's kinda crazy that none of Porscha, Alison and Rondo are voting Falcon right here. Like there's a townie with 5 votes on them and not a single person counterwagoned to them is voting them. They are all voting each other (Rondo is self voting). Porscha and Alison are just crossing here. Alison eventually self preservation votes, but I am not sure Porscha ever did?

I just think that this game needs Alison's flip very badly.
not exactly on Neon/FPS could just be two townie voting me because they dont know my playstyle

[VOTE: Alison ] aubergine
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
I'm not dumb I just don't know things.
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 362

Post by Creature »

Alright I'm tired.

[VOTE: Alison] aubergine

If Alison flips town we're prob losing.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

idk if Porscha is with either Alison or Mac here. Though I can see Porscha being wolf with SPF.
Lilypetal
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 723
Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Aka: lily

Post by Lilypetal »

[VOTE: Creature] aubergine
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 758

Post by staypositivefriend »

here is my view on everyone in the game - i had to phone some of these reads in/rush my explanations because im low on time and energy and dont want to repeat stuff that ive already typed out multiple times

i still think that alison is probably town, but i will acknowledge that mac has made some legitimate points against her that give me pause. i do agree with mac that based on my understanding of alison as a player, it seems likely to me that alison would enter today pushing porsche today very confidently today as a villager, but i’m not sure how much i should care about this point since alison is ultimately still POE’ing porscha and still trying to get her killed. i think it was also valid for mac to point out that from alison’s POV as town, she would probably view herself as needing to be resolved, but i’m also not sure how much to care about this point since alison has started pushing for herself to die within the last couple of hours

beyond that, i have a couple of primary reasons to think that alison is town. i’ve already gone over them extensively in other posts, but to recap:

-i don’t see many coherent worlds where alison exists as a wolf. alison was voted and pushed heavily by nearly everyone in my current POE on d1, which means that a world where alison is a wolf is also likely to be a world where she was hard bussed and pushed for absolutely zero reason by the rest of her team who was also being widely POE’d and suspected. this does not make any god damn sense to me as a scum strategy, and i think it could just be indicative of alison being a villager

-the only world where alison is a wolf is likely to be a world where my view of the game is very bad and i am totally wolfsiding, which is a world where wolves are likely to be on the falcon voters on d1, which would mean there are probably multiple wolves within like, (mac, arogame, lilypetal, lucy, etc), which i currently consider to be unlikely to be the case

-alison’s approach toward me today makes almost zero sense in a world where she is mafia. i can not conceptualize a world where alison is a wolf, i am the only player in the game actively defending her, and she goes out of her way to push on me, show skepticism toward me, and try to set me up as a potential elimination. it is the easiest possible way that i could turn on her, and i think she is unlikely to risk alienating one of the few people actively speaking in her defense as a wolf

-she lacks any self-preservation intent, to the extent that she is now self-voting and asking to be eliminated, which i have only seen her do as town and never seen her do as mafia

my view is that alison was pushed on heavily by the mafia at the beginning of the game for bad, shoddy reasons and then the suspicion against her gained momentum largely through osmosis. i feel that my arguments for her to be town are stronger than my arguments for her to be mafia

i’m struggling to conceptualize a world where creature is town, even though it’s still possible in theory. his pushes on me/mac are horrible and remind me of how hells pushed a blatantly incorrect worldview from d2-onward in the spec chat invitational because they were in anti-spew. their reads are not building up to a coherent or logical worldview. i expanded on my concerns on creature here (https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic ... 06#p955506) .

i think that boq is likely to be town for reasons i outlined here. (https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic ... 655#p95565)

lily is one of my strongest townreads for reasons i outlined here viewtopic.php?p=956252#p956252 and here viewtopic.php?p=955494#p955494 and because of the way she responded to both the pressure against her on d1 and the pressure that alisona/ro gave her over the last several pages. i am mildly concerned about clearing her too easily because i don’t really know what her wolfrange looks like, but think she looks like a villager from pretty much all perspectives

lucy is a townlean for reasons outlined here viewtopic.php?p=956252#p956252. i can explain this read in more detail if it’s needed but i’ml leaving it short to save on time

i think mac is an obvious villager and wouldnt tinfoil him until LYLO at the earliest

i have no reason to townread the misssparkles slot and think they could be an lolwolf in an easy world. i have been burned too many times lately with assuming that LHF/slanky slots are wolves to feel any level of confidence about that, though

i think the only real concern i have about aro right now is his push on lily, because the way he was interrogating her earlier in the thread felt like a wolf trying desperately to hang on to a viable miselimination and less like a villager genuinely trying to figure out lily’s alignment

but thinking about it more, i think his treatment of lily might be town indicative for him. @lilypetal - based on my understanding of aro’s scumgame, he has a tendency to be very cloying and pocket toward nearly everyone, and he goes out of his way to avoid making enemies with other people. he is very conflict avoidant, and his main focus is looking as agreeable as possible so that he can stay deep and avoid facing any scrutiny. i think that his push on you in this game accomplishes the exact opposite of this, because it is almost guaranteed to draw negative attention to himself and make him look worse, when if he is a wolf he could easily just push within the more consensus-y names and nobody would bat an eye. i think his treatment of you as a wolf would probably be a lot more pockety and a lot more focused on making sure he looks good from your point of view. the fact that he has continued pushing on you for so long makes me think he might just be a villager who is genuinely having a hard time coming to a world where you’re town

and more broadly, if i ask myself: “who do i think is trying to solve the game the most?, aro stands out as one of the top names putting the most effort into piecing things together and communicating with others, and his reads generally just seem more complex and multi-faceted than he did when i saw him as a wolf in a recent game. i know that aro has an incredible wolf game but much like alison, i think i have more reasons to call him town than not, and the answer that requires the least amount of assumptions is that hei s just town

i would like neon to be town because i like her playstyle/personality but i am struggling to come up with any coherent reasons for why she IS town beyond: “some of her posts feel tonally towny”, and that’s the type of territory where i tend to misread players the most. can anyone who townreads neon give me a bit more clarity on why?

i townlean porsche because her response to pressure + depth of thought exhibited in solving + general sense of entitlement after being widely POE’d by the rest of the game feel more like they come from the attitude of a villager who feels scorned and less like they come from a wolf who is being correctly pushed. i acknowledge that this is weak read but it’s what my intuition feels anyway

i have no reason to townread nanook and think he might be a wolf that is flying under the radar. if he is town then i can usually find him and i have not found him yet. this concerns me.

i think seanzie has wolf equity for reasons outlined here: https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic ... 54#p955754
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i'll form that into a readslist/POE into a bit
robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 328
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by robyn »

current thread state is much better
staypositivefriend
Hitman

im more convinced than ever that alison is a blatant mischop and that creature is blatant mafia but i doubt anyone will listen to me
RondoDimBuckle
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:21 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:20 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:50 pm Mac town. Not that anybody needs my legacy.
This aged well
Hmmm this almost feels like he died specifically because he made that post. But not for the obvious reason but because it'll make people think that it's the sort of kill I make. Which is true. It is.
And its also true you would point it out
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

Yeah spf you're right. Unless aro is playing mad different he is town. Wolf aro would've just pocketed me lmao
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:59 pm im more convinced than ever that alison is a blatant mischop and that creature is blatant mafia but i doubt anyone will listen to me
you do realize I had these same thoughts before u
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Alison wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:22 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:19 pm
Lilypetal wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:11 pm jack nk makes 0 sense oh god
My first inclination is that it's the kill you make when you don't want to be caught for "still being alive".

Like this kill is the strict counterplay to what I was saying about the strong players self resolving. (Not that Jack isn't strong when he wants to be).

It doesn't change anything about who I want to kill day 2 though.
You/SPF/Boq are the three top candidates for scum in that position, because I am never getting nightkilled in this game state.
why are you not wolf?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Creature wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:54 pm idk if Porscha is with either Alison or Mac here. Though I can see Porscha being wolf with SPF.
Creature wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:53 pm Alright I'm tired.

[VOTE: Alison] aubergine

If Alison flips town we're prob losing.
then why vote someone you are not sure is wolf? And avoiding voting procha who you say is 100% wolf? Total garbage

[VOTE: creature ] aubergine

This is the third time you have done something I think is bonkers.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

Yeah that last creature post solidified my vote.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 388

Post by MacDougall »

I am torn

Part of me wants to do the game theory optimal thing

Part of me wants to just follow SPF blindly lol
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

what’s your read on me, lily
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

lucy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:05 pm what’s your read on me, lily
Mixed

Landing on town though
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:05 pm I am torn

Part of me wants to do the game theory optimal thing

Part of me wants to just follow SPF blindly lol
spf believes in lynching mafia, i do think in this scenario with creature it might be optimal
because creature is enticing enough as mafia, and if he flips scum alison becomes more towny
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Fuggit, engage hypocrite mode

[VOTE: creature] aubergine
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Lilypetal wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:07 pm
lucy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:05 pm what’s your read on me, lily
Mixed

Landing on town though
could you elaborate
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:35 pm
Creature wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:27 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:22 pm So I am taking this kill as a direct attack on me lol.

So I suspect that the mafia are going to either try to push me hard today or at the very least they are trying to undermine me.

@Creature can you articulate why you are suspicious of me?
It feels like your push on falcon45ca was pure OMGUS which feels a lot more like your typical wolfgame of reacting violently against your pushers. I also was kinda counting that you would be nightkilled last night if you were town. tbh I can kinda see wolf!Alison deciding not to kill you, but if Alison is town wolves could easily just nightkill you when your reads were shit. This is why I believe there's at least one wolf within you and Alison. Also this is a thought I already had before the night ended that I would've probably dropped if you died last night.
You think my Falcon push was pure OMGUS?

So despite you having your own clear reasons for suspecting Falcon, you on two separate points tried to pre-empt me being guilty for the impending Falcon townflip.
Creature wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:12 pm
Alison wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:11 pm Why are we wagoning Falcon over Porscha? Does anyone have a summary/case?
Ask Mac. He seems to be townreading Porscha too.
MacDougall wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:56 pm
Creature wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:52 pm Whatever let's hope Mac is right (or bussing)

[VOTE: falcon45ca] aubergine
You're so fucking sus. You have your own reasons for sussing Falcon but you just keep pushing this like I'm solely responsible for it in the most calculated ways. I already told you I'm conflicted on him two separate times.
And now you come out today, again, pushing as though you had nothing to do with Falcon going over.

Also I can see why Jack is dead.
Creature wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:43 pm What happened with the Jack wagon? Do you all read Jack as town now?
Creature wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:42 pm I'm between Falcon and Porscha ftr. Could also do Jack.
Mac why didnt this end with a vote on creature? [Mac+Creature equity]
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Alison
Posts in topic: 289

Post by Alison »

I am going to be intermittently around for a few hours before bed. I don't have much to say that I haven't already said except that I wouldn't clear SPF/Creature as partners just because SPF pushed him over me, because she has to know his days are numbered and unless she busses him, hers are too.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:08 pm Fuggit, engage hypocrite mode

[VOTE: creature] aubergine
well timed wolf vote to get on early for cred?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Rondo please don't say dumb shit that will tilt me lol
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:09 pm Rondo please don't say dumb shit that will tilt me lol
:)
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Alison
Posts in topic: 289

Post by Alison »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:09 pm Mac why didnt this end with a vote on creature? [Mac+Creature equity]
Mac has been riding Creature's ass and has singlehandedly turned him from someone who isn't receiving much heat to one of the game's top suspects.

Plus he has made it clear that he thinks I should go over Creature always for GTO reasons.

I don't think they have equity at all.

Can I have a readslist from you?
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

If I am lynched always kill Alison/Mac/SPF roughly this order. There should have 1-2 wolves here. If they're all town we deserve to lose because that would mean the strong player trinity all misplayed hard.

I guess I still read Lilypetal and Lucy as misplaying town. Lilypetal brings me some concern because I kinda didn't like her entrance and I'm seeing some things uncharacteristic to what I'm used of town!her but meh.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Alison wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:10 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:09 pm Mac why didnt this end with a vote on creature? [Mac+Creature equity]
Mac has been riding Creature's ass and has singlehandedly turned him from someone who isn't receiving much heat to one of the game's top suspects.

Plus he has made it clear that he thinks I should go over Creature always for GTO reasons.

I don't think they have equity at all.

Can I have a readslist from you?
no
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Creature wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:13 pm If I am lynched always kill Alison/Mac/SPF roughly this order. There should have 1-2 wolves here. If they're all town we deserve to lose because that would mean the strong player trinity all misplayed hard.

I guess I still read Lilypetal and Lucy as misplaying town. Lilypetal brings me some concern because I kinda didn't like her entrance and I'm seeing some things uncharacteristic to what I'm used of town!her but meh.
i hate this post
especially because it goes 24h before eod
staypositivefriend
Hitman

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:57 pm here is my view on everyone in the game - i had to phone some of these reads in/rush my explanations because im low on time and energy and dont want to repeat stuff that ive already typed out multiple times

i still think that alison is probably town, but i will acknowledge that mac has made some legitimate points against her that give me pause. i do agree with mac that based on my understanding of alison as a player, it seems likely to me that alison would enter today pushing porsche today very confidently today as a villager, but i’m not sure how much i should care about this point since alison is ultimately still POE’ing porscha and still trying to get her killed. i think it was also valid for mac to point out that from alison’s POV as town, she would probably view herself as needing to be resolved, but i’m also not sure how much to care about this point since alison has started pushing for herself to die within the last couple of hours

beyond that, i have a couple of primary reasons to think that alison is town. i’ve already gone over them extensively in other posts, but to recap:

-i don’t see many coherent worlds where alison exists as a wolf. alison was voted and pushed heavily by nearly everyone in my current POE on d1, which means that a world where alison is a wolf is also likely to be a world where she was hard bussed and pushed for absolutely zero reason by the rest of her team who was also being widely POE’d and suspected. this does not make any god damn sense to me as a scum strategy, and i think it could just be indicative of alison being a villager

-the only world where alison is a wolf is likely to be a world where my view of the game is very bad and i am totally wolfsiding, which is a world where wolves are likely to be on the falcon voters on d1, which would mean there are probably multiple wolves within like, (mac, arogame, lilypetal, lucy, etc), which i currently consider to be unlikely to be the case

-alison’s approach toward me today makes almost zero sense in a world where she is mafia. i can not conceptualize a world where alison is a wolf, i am the only player in the game actively defending her, and she goes out of her way to push on me, show skepticism toward me, and try to set me up as a potential elimination. it is the easiest possible way that i could turn on her, and i think she is unlikely to risk alienating one of the few people actively speaking in her defense as a wolf

-she lacks any self-preservation intent, to the extent that she is now self-voting and asking to be eliminated, which i have only seen her do as town and never seen her do as mafia

my view is that alison was pushed on heavily by the mafia at the beginning of the game for bad, shoddy reasons and then the suspicion against her gained momentum largely through osmosis. i feel that my arguments for her to be town are stronger than my arguments for her to be mafia

i’m struggling to conceptualize a world where creature is town, even though it’s still possible in theory. his pushes on me/mac are horrible and remind me of how hells pushed a blatantly incorrect worldview from d2-onward in the spec chat invitational because they were in anti-spew. their reads are not building up to a coherent or logical worldview. i expanded on my concerns on creature here (https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic ... 06#p955506) .

i think that boq is likely to be town for reasons i outlined here. (https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic ... 655#p95565)

lily is one of my strongest townreads for reasons i outlined here viewtopic.php?p=956252#p956252 and here viewtopic.php?p=955494#p955494 and because of the way she responded to both the pressure against her on d1 and the pressure that alisona/ro gave her over the last several pages. i am mildly concerned about clearing her too easily because i don’t really know what her wolfrange looks like, but think she looks like a villager from pretty much all perspectives

lucy is a townlean for reasons outlined here viewtopic.php?p=956252#p956252. i can explain this read in more detail if it’s needed but i’ml leaving it short to save on time

i think mac is an obvious villager and wouldnt tinfoil him until LYLO at the earliest

i have no reason to townread the misssparkles slot and think they could be an lolwolf in an easy world. i have been burned too many times lately with assuming that LHF/slanky slots are wolves to feel any level of confidence about that, though

i think the only real concern i have about aro right now is his push on lily, because the way he was interrogating her earlier in the thread felt like a wolf trying desperately to hang on to a viable miselimination and less like a villager genuinely trying to figure out lily’s alignment

but thinking about it more, i think his treatment of lily might be town indicative for him. @lilypetal - based on my understanding of aro’s scumgame, he has a tendency to be very cloying and pocket toward nearly everyone, and he goes out of his way to avoid making enemies with other people. he is very conflict avoidant, and his main focus is looking as agreeable as possible so that he can stay deep and avoid facing any scrutiny. i think that his push on you in this game accomplishes the exact opposite of this, because it is almost guaranteed to draw negative attention to himself and make him look worse, when if he is a wolf he could easily just push within the more consensus-y names and nobody would bat an eye. i think his treatment of you as a wolf would probably be a lot more pockety and a lot more focused on making sure he looks good from your point of view. the fact that he has continued pushing on you for so long makes me think he might just be a villager who is genuinely having a hard time coming to a world where you’re town

and more broadly, if i ask myself: “who do i think is trying to solve the game the most?, aro stands out as one of the top names putting the most effort into piecing things together and communicating with others, and his reads generally just seem more complex and multi-faceted than he did when i saw him as a wolf in a recent game. i know that aro has an incredible wolf game but much like alison, i think i have more reasons to call him town than not, and the answer that requires the least amount of assumptions is that hei s just town

i would like neon to be town because i like her playstyle/personality but i am struggling to come up with any coherent reasons for why she IS town beyond: “some of her posts feel tonally towny”, and that’s the type of territory where i tend to misread players the most. can anyone who townreads neon give me a bit more clarity on why?

i townlean porsche because her response to pressure + depth of thought exhibited in solving + general sense of entitlement after being widely POE’d by the rest of the game feel more like they come from the attitude of a villager who feels scorned and less like they come from a wolf who is being correctly pushed. i acknowledge that this is weak read but it’s what my intuition feels anyway

i have no reason to townread nanook and think he might be a wolf that is flying under the radar. if he is town then i can usually find him and i have not found him yet. this concerns me.

i think seanzie has wolf equity for reasons outlined here: https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic ... 54#p955754
putting all of this together, my view of the game looks something like:

town:

macdougal
illypetal
alison
aro

townlean:

lucy (if creature maf she's probably hardtown though)
boquise
porscha

null:

neon

POE: (2-3 wolves likely in here)

rondodimbuckle
nanook
seanzie
creature

any thoughts on where i might be misreading?
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:46 pm My earliest solve in this game was Alison/Creature +1. I am back there.
Just caught up to here, I get why Mac said I am tilting him now
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

lucy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:00 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:59 pm im more convinced than ever that alison is a blatant mischop and that creature is blatant mafia but i doubt anyone will listen to me
you do realize I had these same thoughts before u
idk how true this because i think i might have arrived to creature being maf and alison being town a little bit before u but i will acknowledge that you got there too
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

@Lilypetal
@lucy

After I am lynched, please lynch Alison > Mac > SPF roughly this order and only stop to reevaluate upon a red flip.

If they're all town then enjoy the free wolf win.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:15 pm putting all of this together, my view of the game looks something like:

town:

macdougal
illypetal
alison
aro

townlean:

boquise
porscha

null:

neon

rondodimbuckle
nanook
seanzie
creature

Lazy read is lazy. I am not a wolf because I am unpartnered with everyone. Day 1 no one had any interactions with me ezpz
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

lucy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:30 am alison lynch is optimal, but also creature could be TMI-ing her as town
@spf
staypositivefriend
Hitman

lucy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:15 pm
Creature wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:13 pm If I am lynched always kill Alison/Mac/SPF roughly this order. There should have 1-2 wolves here. If they're all town we deserve to lose because that would mean the strong player trinity all misplayed hard.

i hate this post
yah it feels a bit like anti-spew, not sure why creature is already throwing in the towel and planning for his death when alison is literally still the leading wagon
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:57 pm
Alison wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:53 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:43 pm
Alison wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:42 pm I don't think Seanzie or Falcon are the correct exes for today. Mac says he wants to shield Porscha, that she has a volume tell, whatever.

So we just turbo Jack or Rondo yeah? Because nobody else is remotely close to a good option.
Why not Seanzie and Falcon? They both voted you for no apparent reason? I would expect you to be entirely fine with them dying?
MacDougall wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:33 pm
Neon wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:26 pm
Porscha wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:25 pm There is NO REASON TO AVOID STRONG PLAYERS DAY 1 IF THEY ARE STRONG THEY WILL WIN GAME IF NOT THEY ARE WOLVES god what a dumb dumb dumb line of reasoning get it together
Yeah no porscha is right.
Not really you're kind of both wrong here. It's not really about who is strong or not. Ego doesn't factor. It's just that given its mountainous there are certain slots that are inclined to self resolve due to their rep/presence/threat to wolves. If you take away whether you think they're good or not there are always players in a game that if they aren't mafia will be a priority mafia kill before the game gets to final x.

Mischopping players like this is not a great thing for town because it essentially is one fewer night kills the mafia team have to make.

Given the way I have like at least 5 of you just blowing smoke up my ass I'm probably dying n1 even if my reads suck simply because the mafia won't be able to miselim me. (On that note don't really sheep my legacy).

The optimal play is to just coalesce behind those players that wolves are inclined to kill and let them have their way. If the game gets to a deep state and any of them are alive and it feels bad they are probably a wolf.

In this game I'd suggest Alison is usually in this category but given how much momentum their wagon has wolves would (if she is town) now view her as a possible miselim so she won't die. Which is a trap for the mafia probably because Alison even when they look like a possible miselim often just reveals and buries a wolf and fucks them over. But the temptation will be there.

Ftr the 2 most likely n1s here would be me and SPF. Arogame would be probably next.
@MacDougall

These posts are made after you said you feel falcon is no longer an optimal kill. The first one is explicitly trying to convince me that falcon is a hit if I am town knowing that I am doubtful he is the correct exe D1. The second one is trying to convince Porscha and Neon that voting out strong players D1 is a bad idea, which again points back to falcon.

You may have paid lip service to the idea falcon is town, but the fact is you started the wagon, you cased him, you never shifted your vote off him and even after saying he is a bad exe you continue to try to lowkey push for him.

You are the one arguing in bad faith. I came into today wondering if you were town who was being kept alive because you had bad reads, asked you about your EOD play, and you responded by accusing me of misrepresenting you and trying as hard as you can to dodge responsibility for the town exe. If I had to pick my CW and legacy right now I would pick you.
The first one is me pointing out that in a day 1 split such as what we saw it is almost always w/t. Which I stand by, which is why I am now pushing you. You are using very manipulative descriptions to paint what I did as something I did not.

If you are town, I would strongly advise you to stop viewing everything I am doing as bad faith because it is not going to end well for the town and you are misplaying hard by your own standards.

Tell me why you tried to instigate a flashwagon when it's your number one pet peeve as a town. How do you reconcile that?

How do you reconcile the fact that we had a conversation in MU champs spec not two days ago about how it's always necessary to resolve the day 1 wagons in mountainous games and you 100% agreed.

How do you reconcile the fact that half the game wanted you dead day 1, if you weren't scummy to begin with?

The likes of Creature and SPF were out here prostetlyisng, talking about how everyone was only suspicious of you because "strong player fear" while you were being openly wolfy, pushing someone hard who has a volume tell and playing against your personal mafia playing ethos nearly the entire day.
This is exactly why I wanted Alison. If she flips wolf seanzie is town or deep wolf, his post is the one that made me vote Alison
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:08 pm i think part of the problem with this game is that i'm struggling to establish a foundation of people that i trust, and all of my thoughts more disjointed than they usually are

i think that mac is blatant town and the way he has played over the last ~2 hours or so cement that fact. i don't think his push on alison comes out in the specific way that it has (or with the level of conviction that it has) in a world where he's mafia

i'm struggling to come to alison being a wolf for a couple of reasons:

1. if alison is mafia, who reasonably has partner equity with her? the momentum against her yesterday came almost exclusively from a pool of people that i perceive as likely containing a high number of wolves, and most of these were players were widely POE'd yesterday as well (ie: Nanook, Neon, Porscha,, Seanzie,, RondoDimBuckle all had their votes on alison toward the end of the day and were among the earliest to push against her)

so, in a world where the wolves are being correctly widely POE'd by the rest of the game and are in an unstable thread position, why on earth would they decide to hardbus alison? what would they gain from bussing one of the strongest players in the game who could easily endgame as a wolf? what tangible benefit would they get from it?

the alternative is that alison actually is mafia and her partners voted to protect her on d1, but this would require that:

A. my view of the game is upside down and there are multiple wolves contained within like, (mac, lily, lucy, aro), etc

B. the wolves were willing to go hard to protect alison on d1 with the full awareness that they would look bad in a world where she inevitably flipped W

this doesn't seem like a risk that most wolf teams would be willing to take, and i actually suspect that alison is the type of player who would ASK to be bussed in the position she was in on d1, but i don't see any viable bussers for her that wouldn't have been stupidly suicidal/playing against the win condition of their team to try to bury her on d1

2. i just don't find her posts that wolfy. maybe this is a skill issue on my part, and maybe my mind will change once i read mac's posts about alison more thoroughly, but i just don't! she is much more assertive and forceful with her reads than she was in the spec chat inviational, in which she was extremely passive and barely made moves to influence the threadstate. she is much more naturally suspicious of me even though she would almost want to pocket me in a world where she's a wolf and i'm incorrectly defending her. and in general, i don't find the reasons i've seen to scumread her (outside of some of mac's points) to be compelling or good.....at all

so yeah idk, im trying my best to conceptualize analison wolf world but i can't really shake the feeling that she's more likely to be town than not. there have been multiple times in recent memory where i had a correct read and the entire gamestate was telling me i was wrong and i ended up being right anyway - i don't really want to doubt my instincts even though i'm aware that i'm creating quite the hole for myself in a world where alison is W

porscha is still a wide target of suspicion among most people here, but i am similarly struggling to grasp what the case on her is. i agree that some of her posts in early d1 felt fake and like they came from a wolf that is going through the motions, but i think she has significantly improved from the middle of d1- nward, even if i'm not confident about her being town. i think that i need a specific case against porscha in order for me to get to a world where she's a wolf, because as of now i would describe her posts as being: "broadly fine"

i want to write a paragraph for every player here but im losing energy so im just gonna post it
wait u did lol
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:20 pm

i hate this post
yah it feels a bit like anti-spew, not sure why creature is already throwing in the towel and planning for his death when alison is literally still the leading wagon
Because I am no longer sleep RondoSparkle, I am woke. I have his coat he is SHOOK. F R O Z E N in wolf chat
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

bad read but lucy wanting credit for coming to an alison V creature W world first is towny maybe lol
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Did Boq do anything useful today? I feel like he has been defensive all game and I haven't seen any input from him today when it most matters.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:17 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:15 pm putting all of this together, my view of the game looks something like:

town:

macdougal
illypetal
alison
aro

townlean:

boquise
porscha

null:

neon

rondodimbuckle
nanook
seanzie
creature

Lazy read is lazy. I am not a wolf because I am unpartnered with everyone. Day 1 no one had any interactions with me ezpz
it's not really lazy, i just dont have any reasons to townread you and if youre town and you want to avoid being in the POE then you should consider playing the game you signed up for
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:21 pm bad read but lucy wanting credit for coming to an alison V creature W world first is towny maybe lol
can you elaborate on why you have trouble reading me
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:20 pm

i hate this post
Hasn't Alison done the exact same?
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:22 pm
it's not really lazy, i just dont have any reasons to townread you and if youre town and you want to avoid being in the POE then you should consider playing the game you signed up for
A ) If you dont town read me why am I in POE and not null? You dont say you wold read me so obvious scum slip here trying to widen the POE

B ) I am playing the game I signed up for no need to play like an ass. B.1 ) I subbed in not signed up for, I could have said no B.2) I have a life and do things outside of Mafia, maybe think of that before you get all high and mighty
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Neon still bothers me for sounding robotic.

I kinda think Rondo is town here, but meh.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

People who have read the whole game and are not Creature/Porcha/SPF is that team viable?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:25 pm People who have read the whole game and are not Creature/Porcha/SPF is that team viable?
Alison solve fr
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Creature wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:58 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:39 pm Porscha, Creature, Falcon all town. Going back to my meta of only being able to find townies.
Bleh was Jack nightkilled for speaking against the status quo?
Or so you can try to pull 2 wolves out of POE with this post?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:25 pm People who have read the whole game and are not Creature/Porcha/SPF is that team viable?
Nothing excludes a Porscha/SPF wolfteam tbh.

Return to “Previous Hustles”