Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 462
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Re: King of the Hill Mafia

Post by Boquise »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:29 pm
Boquise wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:23 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:18 pm
Boquise wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:16 pm the thing with mafia is that when you have played for a while, you get a sort of understanding of the whims of people. It isnt 100%, but what I have learned is to fight for my reads until i have seen a reason to re-evaluate. Right now I dont have a reason to re-evaluate Seanzie, whereas I have received reasons to re-evaluate Lucy. It is kinda organic and how I like to play.

It is also important to not squander around too much in your own read list and poe. Constantly resizing it. That will only overwhelm yourself when you try to have a grip on the game. I realise people might read it as "tmi" or that I decide to be so confidently town read a pusher (like, again, it seems to be some sort of meta here that "pushing me" = "scum"). But it will only make the game harder if I start going through a whole song and dance for every read.

Seanzie is town.
I had Creature as town but let myself be dictated with others.
It is anti-town, in most circumstances, to let go off the puzzle pieces I have already managed to place. I still think Alison is town, but it is clear that solving is not whats trendy today so I will bid my time. Seanzie has made sure I won't be NK'd tonight anyway.

If Wilgy or anyone tries to make me thunderdome a town read of mine, my response will be to thunderdome Wilgy, or anyone else who tries to force me to do anti-town things tbh.
"I'm right because I'm right"

"If you don't believe me you are a wolf."

No, I don't think that is correct.
I have already written nuanced reasons to town read Seanzie. You have had all day to read up the game or at least look through this, considering this is your main agenda today.

No, if you try to push me to do anti-town things, I will start pushing you. 1+1=2. It is wolfy to try to instigate a thunderdome between two town members.

Read up my posts with Seanzie before continuing this conversation with me.
Nah
Kay gonna ignore you then tbh
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

arogame123 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:19 pm @Boquise if you think Alison is town, then who would you want to kill today then?

Is there a reason you are ok with the “info lynch” then from your pov?
I have not established strong reads for who I want to kill now, considering how the day is structured.
The reason why I am okay with this info yeet is because otherwise we will be having this tinfoil argument forever. It takes a whole town, not a singular town. I tried to talk about this yesterday, that D3 will be a repeat of D2, and so it is.
arogame123 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:20 pm If you believe Alison is town, could you town case her for me and then also show me why my reasons for scum reading her are invalid based on what I presented?
No. Alison will flip. Me town casing her will only result in these possible outcomes:
1. I manage to make Alison not be the yeet but someone else. If I am lucky, it will hit a wolf. Regardless, Alison will be on everyone's mind D4 anyhow. She has to post herself clear if she is town.
2. Alison is still the yeet.
3. It is kinda a waste of time? I tried yesterday to talk about why Creature and Alison were town, and that did not matter.
4. Perhaps Alison is a wolf and I dig myself even deeper, being a useful townie for the mafia.

I hope the Alison flip can make a hard reset on the game. This is why I have not established strong reads. I let the game leave my mind during the majority of today since it doesn't really matter rn. We are in the waiting room tbh.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 130

Post by DrWilgy »

Boquise wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:35 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:27 pm
Boquise wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:20 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:14 pm
Boquise wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:55 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:39 pm Also, I am currently moving off Aro and onto [VOTE: Boq] aubergine.

I found that the recent responses are Seanzie warrant a vote.

Other potential landings in the current are: Alison, SPF.
Theres nothing wolfy with my responses.
Like, you actually have to explain here why and how you arrive to this conclusion. I have hard evidence that this is how I treat slots that death tunnel me.

Maybe you are an annoyed wolf. I am refusing to thunderdome a town read and I am refusing to budge on a read, which makes the poe smaller. None of this is wolfy. It is however wolfy to try to artificially create reasons to push someone to set up a misyeet tbh
I disagree. I don't have the context re you and Seanzie to know about tunnels or of the sort.

You in regards to Seanzie is still very awkward, you claim what you would do and wouldn't do, but it's to the point of self awareness that I think is more wolf inclined.

Your insistence on a town Seanzie doesn't strike as confident, but you still posture as if you are correct.

You think I have the authority to force you to thunderdome? All I can do is observe and point out how odd I think the behavior is.

What makes my observation artificial?
So you havent read up the conversation, but read the last bits and decided to form a read of that? Well no wonder it looks weird then.
I am confident that Seanzie is town. I am not sure how you could come to another conclusion. Is it because I got annoyed? Getting annoyed is normal.

Look, I have played for 9 years and I have been in this position at least once every year. I am self-aware to the t. Like you will see in the game I posted where Jeremy death tunnelled me.

I think you can make people think so too, since you birth an idea. If you are wolf, I do not think you'd try to force this because your thread position makes that impossible, and it would also make you a huge target after I and Seanzie flip town (because if one was town, surely the other should too?). However I do think that a wolf would try to sneakingly plant the seeds of this thunderdome idea into the thread.
I jumped into a developed game. My slot had opinions and gameplay time that I am not pricy to nor will be, that's just how it is. Getting annoyed is normal. The self awareness that I pointed out seems abnormal.

Fantastic. I have played Mafia for a decade as well, I've been right and wrong. There are correct conclusions and incorrect conclusions.

Voicing a concern and suspicion is not causing a thunderdome, hell if If anything this effectively clears Seanzie while you are alive because of the situation where you are town, I should be inclined to trust your read. Where you are wolf you know his alignment.

It is only in the scenario where a bus becomes a theory where Seanzie would be considered, we are nowhere near that stage in the game.
You are not bound to your slot's opinions. Hopefully this self-awareness will not be regarded as abnormal when you see my flip then.

If you have played for a decade, you should know that you should read up on the context before making conclusions. No one has provided any reason why I should second-guess this read. Seanzie has not given me any reason to second-guess it either. It is super wolfy to try to force me to question my reads without given a single sensible argument aside from "what if you are wrong".

You literally wrote that you would like to see me and Seanzie duke it out.
The point was is that I don't have my slots previous opinions. They are not available to me.

That seems presumptuous I think. A decade of gameplay doesn't change my capacity to read and engage with what I have available to me in both time and energy. Coming to the best conclusions I can is all one can do. Does not a decade of gameplay teach that may be the case? I find myself always questioning "what if I'm wrong" it's always the 2nd or 3rd line I attempt to draw conclusions from.

I don't think I said "I'd like to see you Duke it out". I believe I said, there's an oddity in your interactions and I'd like to understand why?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Lilypetal
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 723
Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Aka: lily

Post by Lilypetal »

boqu is town for having the same reaction to wilgz that i had to lucy yesterday

i really feel that shit
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Boquise wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:16 pm the thing with mafia is that when you have played for a while, you get a sort of understanding of the whims of people. It isnt 100%, but what I have learned is to fight for my reads until i have seen a reason to re-evaluate. Right now I dont have a reason to re-evaluate Seanzie, whereas I have received reasons to re-evaluate Lucy. It is kinda organic and how I like to play.

It is also important to not squander around too much in your own read list and poe. Constantly resizing it. That will only overwhelm yourself when you try to have a grip on the game. I realise people might read it as "tmi" or that I decide to be so confidently town read a pusher (like, again, it seems to be some sort of meta here that "pushing me" = "scum"). But it will only make the game harder if I start going through a whole song and dance for every read.

Seanzie is town.
It is anti-town, in most circumstances, to let go off the puzzle pieces I have already managed to place. I still think Alison is town, but it is clear that solving is not whats trendy today so I will bid my time. Seanzie has made sure I won't be NK'd tonight anyway.

If Wilgy or anyone tries to make me thunderdome a town read of mine, my response will be to thunderdome Wilgy, or anyone else who tries to force me to do anti-town things tbh.

I have already written nuanced reasons to town read Seanzie. You have had all day to read up the game or at least look through this, considering this is your main agenda today.

No, if you try to push me to do anti-town things, I will start pushing you. 1+1=2. It is wolfy to try to instigate a thunderdome between two town members.

Nah
Well that won't solve a game.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:08 pm Current thoughts:
Dreading the Mac review even though I should.

Boq and Seanzie have a weird dynamic.

Nook and Porscha have a weird dynamic.

SPF and Alison have a weird dynamic.

I think there is likely a wolf in SPF, Alison, Boq or Sean.

Forcing Boq vs Sean I feel would be interesting, but unknown if this is wise.

Solving the wagonomics of Alison could crack the game open, but I doubt it. Lucy, Rondo, Nook aren't slots that I personally would be able to solve even if Alison flipped W.

A rough game it is.
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:42 pm

Seanzie is town.

Nah
Read the context then.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Boquise wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:44 pm

Solving the wagonomics of Alison could crack the game open, but I doubt it. Lucy, Rondo, Nook aren't slots that I personally would be able to solve even if Alison flipped W.

A rough game it is.
Yes? And in that very statement I said I'm unsure if it's the correct route?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Seanzie is town.

Nah
Read the context then.
When I can.

Don't you see Boq? This entire interaction has given me much more of an understanding of you than what I personally could have gleamed via your ISO on the time limitations I have. Why cease our arguing now?
Image Image Image
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:39 pm Also, I am currently moving off Aro and onto [VOTE: Boq] aubergine.

Like, you actually have to explain here why and how you arrive to this conclusion. I have hard evidence that this is how I treat slots that death tunnel me.

Maybe you are an annoyed wolf. I am refusing to thunderdome a town read and I am refusing to budge on a read, which makes the poe smaller. None of this is wolfy. It is however wolfy to try to artificially create reasons to push someone to set up a misyeet tbh
I disagree. I don't have the context re you and Seanzie to know about tunnels or of the sort.

You in regards to Seanzie is still very awkward, you claim what you would do and wouldn't do, but it's to the point of self awareness that I think is more wolf inclined.

Your insistence on a town Seanzie doesn't strike as confident, but you still posture as if you are correct.

You think I have the authority to force you to thunderdome? All I can do is observe and point out how odd I think the behavior is.

So you havent read up the conversation, but read the last bits and decided to form a read of that? Well no wonder it looks weird then.
I am confident that Seanzie is town. I am not sure how you could come to another conclusion. Is it because I got annoyed? Getting annoyed is normal.

Look, I have played for 9 years and I have been in this position at least once every year. I am self-aware to the t. Like you will see in the game I posted where Jeremy death tunnelled me.

I think you can make people think so too, since you birth an idea. If you are wolf, I do not think you'd try to force this because your thread position makes that impossible, and it would also make you a huge target after I and Seanzie flip town (because if one was town, surely the other should too?). However I do think that a wolf would try to sneakingly plant the seeds of this thunderdome idea into the thread.
I jumped into a developed game. My slot had opinions and gameplay time that I am not pricy to nor will be, that's just how it is. Getting annoyed is normal. The self awareness that I pointed out seems abnormal.

Fantastic. I have played Mafia for a decade as well, I've been right and wrong. There are correct conclusions and incorrect conclusions.

Voicing a concern and suspicion is not causing a thunderdome, hell if If anything this effectively clears Seanzie while you are alive because of the situation where you are town, I should be inclined to trust your read. Where you are wolf you know his alignment.

It is only in the scenario where a bus becomes a theory where Seanzie would be considered, we are nowhere near that stage in the game.
You are not bound to your slot's opinions. Hopefully this self-awareness will not be regarded as abnormal when you see my flip then.

If you have played for a decade, you should know that you should read up on the context before making conclusions. No one has provided any reason why I should second-guess this read. Seanzie has not given me any reason to second-guess it either. It is super wolfy to try to force me to question my reads without given a single sensible argument aside from "what if you are wrong".

The point was is that I don't have my slots previous opinions. They are not available to me.

That seems presumptuous I think. A decade of gameplay doesn't change my capacity to read and engage with what I have available to me in both time and energy. Coming to the best conclusions I can is all one can do. Does not a decade of gameplay teach that may be the case? I find myself always questioning "what if I'm wrong" it's always the 2nd or 3rd line I attempt to draw conclusions from.

I don't think I said "I'd like to see you Duke it out". I believe I said, there's an oddity in your interactions and I'd like to understand why?
Yet you are completely basing your own reads on that.

Read up the context before you make conclusions on a conversation. I have yet received a reason to second-guess my Seanzie read. That's how you play then. It isn't how I play. If I have a 99% read accuracy on a certain approach then I will rep it until the game shows me a reason to not to. You have characterised me as "i am right u wrong u wolf" which is not true at all. I have second-guessed several, if not all, of my reads. I have shown my process and I have hedged. I had a strong town read on Lucy that is waning. But on Seanzie the read is not. You would know all this if you actually tried to solve me instead of waving in the dark making blind guesses.

You said forcing a me vs Seanzie. Essentially the same.
robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 328
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by robyn »

aro town
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Lilypetal wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:42 pm boqu is town for having the same reaction to wilgz that i had to lucy yesterday

i really feel that shit
Describe this to me please. How does this make you feel on Boq and I as well.
Image Image Image
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

“I think there is likely a wolf in SPF, Alison, Boq or Sean.”
NK never happens between any of them, or lily
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:46 pm

Nah
Read the context then.
When I can.

Don't you see Boq? This entire interaction has given me much more of an understanding of you than what I personally could have gleamed via your ISO on the time limitations I have. Why cease our arguing now?
I am all for pushing and poking to see what happens. I have done that D1 and D2.
But I am all against making complete blind assumptions and conclusions and push me for that. It destroys town coerceness and makes you come off as completely non-genuine in your process.

This actually reads like a damage control.
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

lucy wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:49 pm “I think there is likely a wolf in SPF, Alison, Boq or Sean.”
NK never happens between any of them, or lily
I am never getting NK'd in this game because of tunnels tbh.
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

[VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine

This is where I will push yesterday. I retract my town read on the slot.
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

where I will push tomorrow*
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:45 pm

A rough game it is.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Boquise wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:48 pm

Read up the context before you make conclusions on a conversation. I have yet received a reason to second-guess my Seanzie read. That's how you play then. It isn't how I play. If I have a 99% read accuracy on a certain approach then I will rep it until the game shows me a reason to not to. You have characterised me as "i am right u wrong u wolf" which is not true at all. I have second-guessed several, if not all, of my reads. I have shown my process and I have hedged. I had a strong town read on Lucy that is waning. But on Seanzie the read is not. You would know all this if you actually tried to solve me instead of waving in the dark making blind guesses.

And that's untrue. Most of my reads are based on town legacy and the advents of today. If my reads were strictly what Neon had stated, I'd be on Aro still. I see no reason as to why I'd do that.

I am trying to solve you. You claim blind guess, when I have in fact pointed to something I see as wolf inclined and am now interacting with you. I think I've also pointed and integrated this multiple times now. Your argument is faulted and I'm unsure if it is because you are an emotionally invested town who is still annoyed or because the argument doesn't come naturally due to your alignment.

I do not think it is the same. Exploring an avenue of thought is very much different from encouraging a behavior. I think I got the data from both you and Seanzie following that indicates that forcing a Sean v Boq is silly. Sean is never W if you are correct or if you are a W.
Image Image Image
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

yeah tabbing out from this game
See you tomorrow.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Boquise wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:50 pm

Nah
Read the context then.
When I can.

I am all for pushing and poking to see what happens. I have done that D1 and D2.
But I am all against making complete blind assumptions and conclusions and push me for that. It destroys town coerceness and makes you come off as completely non-genuine in your process.

Again, you describe it as blind. You are false in this statement and I don't understand why you base your thoughts on that.

Reads like damage control how so?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Boquise wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:53 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:45 pm

A rough game it is.
So you argue that I desire a thunderdome, but posted precisely as I did to avoid being caught in it? Again, I can't create a thunderdome. I have maybe slightly more sway if I were to involve myself in a dome.

It's a silly thing to hedge if you truly believe that was the workings of a wolf.
Image Image Image
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:54 pm

And that's untrue. Most of my reads are based on town legacy and the advents of today. If my reads were strictly what Neon had stated, I'd be on Aro still. I see no reason as to why I'd do that.

I am trying to solve you. You claim blind guess, when I have in fact pointed to something I see as wolf inclined and am now interacting with you. I think I've also pointed and integrated this multiple times now. Your argument is faulted and I'm unsure if it is because you are an emotionally invested town who is still annoyed or because the argument doesn't come naturally due to your alignment.

I do not think it is the same. Exploring an avenue of thought is very much different from encouraging a behavior. I think I got the data from both you and Seanzie following that indicates that forcing a Sean v Boq is silly. Sean is never W if you are correct or if you are a W.
You base your reads. Base. The base. The start. The first point.

"Abnormal" is wolfy? lol. You are doing blind guesses because you are BASING your whole argument of 1% of a conversation that runs from D1. You have shown zero interest in understand it, and instead jump right in with conclusions.

Wow so I was correct on me vs Seanzie being bad? What a surprise.
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:56 pm

Nah
Read the context then.
When I can.

Again, you describe it as blind. You are false in this statement and I don't understand why you base your thoughts on that.

A spade is a spade.

You are trying to change the topic to make yourself sound better.

To respond to your post to the picture:
I have already explained why it is wolf motivated and why you in your thread position could not do anything different. I am not going to explain it twice.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Boquise wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:00 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:54 pm

You base your reads. Base. The base. The start. The first point.

"Abnormal" is wolfy? lol. You are doing blind guesses because you are BASING your whole argument of 1% of a conversation that runs from D1. You have shown zero interest in understand it, and instead jump right in with conclusions.

Wow so I was correct on me vs Seanzie being bad? What a surprise.
Again, you show what I think to be a more emotional response to my engagement with you. By undermining that there is observable data from this cycle and the ISO legacies that I have read you claim that it's invalid entirely. That doesn't make sense. I don't think a town perspective does that, but I also don't know how to quantify your emotional state.

Yes, you vs Seanzie would be bad. A conclusion I could only have come to after sharing the thought and questioning as to if it was correct or not.
Image Image Image
Porscha
Made Man
Posts in topic: 550

Post by Porscha »

Do you *really* think wilgy is wolf for this read, or don't you believe it is more likely from an uninformed town? your interactions with sean are ... a tad weird, tbf. not enough for me to push on it, but i'm also keeping it in mind.
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Boquise wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:02 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:56 pm
Read the context then.
When I can.

A spade is a spade.

You are trying to change the topic to make yourself sound better.

To respond to your post to the picture:
I have already explained why it is wolf motivated and why you in your thread position could not do anything different. I am not going to explain it twice.
How am I changing the topic? I see your self awareness as wolfy and doubt your absolutism on Seanzie, driving a conversation between us. Now I am in effort to pick apart the arguments that you continue to make that I think are false.
Image Image Image
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Actually I will tell with clear language what is the problem I am having here, since I am being the "emotional, irrational, annoying" one in this conversation and you are the rational, logical, adult one, as in how we have been positioned.

You are not talking to me with the intent to solve or understand my pov.
You are talking in a way to rile me up and make me come off as more irrational (and the general person reads "irrational" as wolfy). You have written conclusions on what I did without having the context, and then use my frustration against me. Showing absolutely no sign to understand why that is not to have a conversation. When I told you to read up, you said "nah", I said I would ignore you then, and you immediately turn that around to make me the problem and you the adult in the conversation.

You grossly mischaracterised my explaining to town read Seanzie. You did not care at all for my explanation. You have not engaged with me at all with my challenge "I have not received a reason to question my read" aside from the standard "it is good to second-guess".

You claimed I should vs Seanzie. First you try to play semantics, saying you havent said we "should duke it out", and then when caught in the lie, you try to refer to the hedging second sentence.

It is wolfy to try to instigate town vs town. Me going off on a tangent will only help diversing the thread against me (which I am partly to blame), but if you are town, you are not trying to work with me. Even clearer: You are not trying to talk with me. You are trying to play me.

Perhaps you want to change the wagons from Alison to me?

[VOTE: Alison] aubergine

This so we don't have any questions about the yeet. Tomorrow I will vote for you. If Alison flips w, that is. If Alison flips town, I will reconsider.
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Porscha wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:07 pm

Do you *really* think wilgy is wolf for this read, or don't you believe it is more likely from an uninformed town? your interactions with sean are ... a tad weird, tbf. not enough for me to push on it, but i'm also keeping it in mind.
I dont think Wilgy is genuinely interested in solving me.
I still have several examples where I have done this as town. Why should I have to go through a perfomative dance just to arrive to a read I already have?
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Boquise wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:58 pm
Porscha wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:46 pm
Boquise wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:59 pm
Seanzie wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:04 pmslow day
Yea, we are in a lock and has been since eod1.
I don't subscribe to the idea that we are forced to do info yeets, but nothing will be solved until it happens in this game
Who is in your poe
I am not sure anymore
Rondo/Nanook/Lucy fits the way wolves would play this game currently.
I believe I could be wrong on Spf
I think your interactions with rondo were weird too, nook and lucy just low posting to warrant your poe?
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Boquise wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:12 pm Actually I will tell with clear language what is the problem I am having here, since I am being the "emotional, irrational, annoying" one in this conversation and you are the rational, logical, adult one, as in how we have been positioned.

You are talking in a way to rile me up and make me come off as more irrational (and the general person reads "irrational" as wolfy). You have written conclusions on what I did without having the context, and then use my frustration against me. Showing absolutely no sign to understand why that is not to have a conversation. When I told you to read up, you said "nah", I said I would ignore you then, and you immediately turn that around to make me the problem and you the adult in the conversation.

You grossly mischaracterised my explaining to town read Seanzie. You did not care at all for my explanation. You have not engaged with me at all with my challenge "I have not received a reason to question my read" aside from the standard "it is good to second-guess".

You claimed I should vs Seanzie. First you try to play semantics, saying you havent said we "should duke it out", and then when caught in the lie, you try to refer to the hedging second sentence.

It is wolfy to try to instigate town vs town. Me going off on a tangent will only help diversing the thread against me (which I am partly to blame), but if you are town, you are not trying to work with me. Even clearer: You are not trying to talk with me. You are trying to play me.

This so we don't have any questions about the yeet. Tomorrow I will vote for you. If Alison flips w, that is. If Alison flips town, I will reconsider.
I meant the opposite. If Alison flips v. If Alison is wolf I will reconsider.
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Porscha wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:13 pm
Boquise wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:58 pm
Porscha wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:46 pm
Boquise wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:59 pm
Seanzie wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:04 pmslow day
Yea, we are in a lock and has been since eod1.
I don't subscribe to the idea that we are forced to do info yeets, but nothing will be solved until it happens in this game
Who is in your poe
I am not sure anymore
Rondo/Nanook/Lucy fits the way wolves would play this game currently.
I believe I could be wrong on Spf
I think your interactions with rondo were weird too, nook and lucy just low posting to warrant your poe?
Perhaps, but I had fun interacting with Rondo and that was nice.
Nook and Lucy are in my poe because this is how wolves play if town is destroying itself. If Alison flips town, it is clear to me that town is destroying itself.
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 758

Post by staypositivefriend »

i have a lot going on today so idk how much i'll be able to post between now and the EOD tbh!
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Boquise wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:13 pm

I still have several examples where I have done this as town. Why should I have to go through a perfomative dance just to arrive to a read I already have?
I haven't finished reading your guy's quarrel yet. might have updated opinion shortly.

the trouble, unfortunately, is that it's virtually impossible (from everybody else's perspective) to tell if a wolf getting tunnelled is just tmi'ing the slot or legitimately a town player understanding they are likely getting tunnelled by a town.

Besides - if wilgy is tunneling you now, then why is his tunnel wolf but sean's tunnel town? I already know the answer - meta on sean proving it is something he does as town a lot - but do you have meta with wilgy? do you not believe sean is capable of mimicking his town play as wolf, especially when he isn't posting a whole lot? I mean shiieettt, if I all I have to do as wolf to get hard TR'd is to tunnel someone else, then like? i'ma do it. and sean would too. lol

is this something you have taken into consideration and believe to be impossible or highly unprobable?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

@lucy - why have u ignored all of my requests for u to explain your reads in more detail or engage with other ppl more?
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 278
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Yeah lucy why aren't you doing that smh
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

my current "one wolf maximum" pool is probably arogame, boquise, lilypetal, and possibly lucy but i'm waiting for her to post more today before i make up my mind on that. does anyone have any thoughts on who within that pool i might be misreading or clearing incorrectly?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i'm in a really awkward limbo space with my view of the game rn and i think i just need to talk it out with people to get a clearer view of the game tbh. my view of the game is also going to change pretty dramatically based on what alison flips so part of me feels like i'm just stuck waiting for her to die
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Boquise wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:12 pm Actually I will tell with clear language what is the problem I am having here, since I am being the "emotional, irrational, annoying" one in this conversation and you are the rational, logical, adult one, as in how we have been positioned.

Boq, am I incorrect to find that I am reading emotion that may make it harder for me to read you? Is that understanding completely correct, or from your perspective have you not invested emotional responses?

It is not my intention to make you irrational or come off as such. I apologize if you think that there is manipulation in this, but there is not. It is my intention to see where what I observe derives from.

I said "Nah" in humor, simply because I know I will not be able to accomplish this in this cycle. I didn't desire for that to end our discussion.

You are correct, I haven't yet challenged your read on Seanzie. I do not have the ability to in the current. Maybe that will be fixed later, but as it stands I cannot and will not. I do not think to be a mischaracterization, but will agree with you that it is less informed than what I'd wish for it to be. If more informed players agree or disagree, that will come later along with the conversation we have in current.

I didn't claim you should vs Seanzie. I postulated on the concept of it, but didn't suggest such things or again have the capacity to enforce such a scenario.

I am not trying to play you, I am trying to understand you, while encouraging a discussion space that keeps me as informed as I can be.

I believe I have voiced that Alison is a plenty good wagon. If I were to try to get you over Alison in a hard defense, would it not be easier for me to just ISO you and attempt to tear that apart?
Image Image Image
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Lilypetal wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:42 pm boqu is town for having the same reaction to wilgz that i had to lucy yesterday

i really feel that shit
yeah

i think that regardless of alison's alignment, today is the day where the wolves have the perfect excuse to slank and just wait for the dayphase to end, which makes boq's restlessness about the rest of the game being stagnant and his (i was gonna say "petty" but i dont wanna sound mean but ...kind of petty/OMGUSy) engagement with drwilgy feel unnecessary in a way that is probably town indicative for him

might be a bad read but i kind of believe it
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i also just don't really feel like it's boqs style as a wolf to make a big scene about someone scumreading him for bad reasons and try to dunk on them constantly and get performatively tilted by their pushes on him, i think his wolfgame is a lot more deflective/focused on changing the narrative instead of playing into it like the way he has been

this is more of a personality read than anything though
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:27 pm

i really feel that shit
yeah

i think that regardless of alison's alignment, today is the day where the wolves have the perfect excuse to slank and just wait for the dayphase to end, which makes boq's restlessness about the rest of the game being stagnant and his (i was gonna say "petty" but i dont wanna sound mean but ...kind of petty/OMGUSy) engagement with drwilgy feel unnecessary in a way that is probably town indicative for him

hard disagree
staypositivefriend
Hitman

also porscha what does ur view of the game look like rn? who do u think the mafia are? i realized that you've probably been one of the most engaged/active players posting in the thread today but that i have no idea what your view of the game looks like
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:22 pm my current "one wolf maximum" pool is probably arogame, boquise, lilypetal, and possibly lucy but i'm waiting for her to post more today before i make up my mind on that. does anyone have any thoughts on who within that pool i might be misreading or clearing incorrectly?
I'm confused as to the meaning of one wolf maximum?
Image Image Image
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:19 pm @lucy - why have u ignored all of my requests for u to explain your reads in more detail or engage with other ppl more?
i’ll make a legacy before day ends with my thoughts
but 1-2 wolves in lily/boq
staypositivefriend
Hitman

lucy wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:29 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:27 pm

i really feel that shit
yeah

hard disagree
why's that? do u think boq is maf?
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Porscha wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:18 pm
Boquise wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:13 pm

I haven't finished reading your guy's quarrel yet. might have updated opinion shortly.

the trouble, unfortunately, is that it's virtually impossible (from everybody else's perspective) to tell if a wolf getting tunnelled is just tmi'ing the slot or legitimately a town player understanding they are likely getting tunnelled by a town.

Besides - if wilgy is tunneling you now, then why is his tunnel wolf but sean's tunnel town? I already know the answer - meta on sean proving it is something he does as town a lot - but do you have meta with wilgy? do you not believe sean is capable of mimicking his town play as wolf, especially when he isn't posting a whole lot? I mean shiieettt, if I all I have to do as wolf to get hard TR'd is to tunnel someone else, then like? i'ma do it. and sean would too. lol

is this something you have taken into consideration and believe to be impossible or highly unprobable?
I have shared a game where I have the exact process as town. It should be enough to show that it is NAI. I am self-aware in my play, I like to have an open process, I base reads on patterns I have seen etc.

I have no meta of Seanzie. We played just one game before. I have also only played one game with Wilgy before.
Sean's and Wilgy's approaches are completely different, I would not even call Wilgy tunnelling.

Seanzie is doing the "this random post is wolfy and now I will read every single reaction from that player as scummy" + "haha you're just a wolf". Firstly, I do not understand how that logic works but I know I havent seen it in scum. Secondly, Seanzie's responses give no real room for big responses. They just are. Thirdly, Seanzie has also shown irritation when town read for all this (I made a longer post about this during D2).

Wilgy's approach is slimy (I have already described it in a longer post). He has also tried to make me question my Seanzie read in a scummy manner.

Like.
If Wilgy is town - why cant he let me have my Seanzie read? Why does it matter so much on a locked day that I town read Seanzie? It is also completely illogical to find it scummy that I dont want to thunderdome a town read. Why would I ever want to do that?? In a game that got locked in D2 with only two allowed wagons? Tomorrow needs to be a day where more than two players are examined. Wolves can practically sleep through the whole game right now. Yet, I will not be chaotic and remove strong reads without any reason.

Seanzie being wolf is not impossible, but it is highly improbable. For the record, I found Lucy to be highly probable town on D1, but now I am second-guessing it, because I have reason to.

It is also interesting that this Seanzie read is a problem, but not my Lucy read or my read on you. Oh well tbh.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

lucy wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:29 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:19 pm @lucy - why have u ignored all of my requests for u to explain your reads in more detail or engage with other ppl more?
i’ll make a legacy before day ends with my thoughts
but 1-2 wolves in lily/boq
okay

i kind of townread both of them so if u feel confident that there's 1-2 wolves between them i would appreciate as much explanation as youre able to give so that i can get there too
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:22 pm my current "one wolf maximum" pool is probably arogame, boquise, lilypetal, and possibly lucy but i'm waiting for her to post more today before i make up my mind on that. does anyone have any thoughts on who within that pool i might be misreading or clearing incorrectly?
no, lily/boq has 1-2
aro and rondo are locktown imo
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

i really feel that shit
to be fair, lucy gave you 1 post, and 1 answer. wilgy has provided several and conversation included. it is not the same. bridge gaps or fall into the water, I guess.

Return to “Previous Hustles”