Moderator: Community Team

staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 758
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: King of the Hill Mafia

Post by staypositivefriend »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:29 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:22 pm my current "one wolf maximum" pool is probably arogame, boquise, lilypetal, and possibly lucy but i'm waiting for her to post more today before i make up my mind on that. does anyone have any thoughts on who within that pool i might be misreading or clearing incorrectly?
I'm confused as to the meaning of one wolf maximum?
it basically means "this is my list of strong townreads and if i'm misreading anyone in this list it's only one of them"
Porscha
Made Man
Posts in topic: 550

Post by Porscha »

lucy wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:30 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:22 pm my current "one wolf maximum" pool is probably arogame, boquise, lilypetal, and possibly lucy but i'm waiting for her to post more today before i make up my mind on that. does anyone have any thoughts on who within that pool i might be misreading or clearing incorrectly?
no, lily/boq has 1-2
aro and rondo are locktown imo
I have abhorred rondo's posting today. like to the point he is lucky I cannot vig him. can you explain rondo town lock
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Spoiler: show
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

no, lily/boq has 1-2
do u have any other locktowns rn?
robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 328
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by robyn »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:30 pm
lucy wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:29 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:19 pm @lucy - why have u ignored all of my requests for u to explain your reads in more detail or engage with other ppl more?
i’ll make a legacy before day ends with my thoughts
but 1-2 wolves in lily/boq
okay

i kind of townread both of them so if u feel confident that there's 1-2 wolves between them i would appreciate as much explanation as youre able to give so that i can get there too
reread boq today and look for tmi
not the usual tmi slip
but what you would be saying if you did have tmi and were a competent finalist and wanted to visibly look like you didn’t
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Porscha wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:32 pm
no, lily/boq has 1-2
I have abhorred rondo's posting today. like to the point he is lucky I cannot vig him. can you explain rondo town lock
him and creature became lock at eod2 because they had a conversation which i deduced the exact messages before it happened
Lilypetal
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 723
Aka: lily

Post by Lilypetal »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:23 pm i'm in a really awkward limbo space with my view of the game rn and i think i just need to talk it out with people to get a clearer view of the game tbh. my view of the game is also going to change pretty dramatically based on what alison flips so part of me feels like i'm just stuck waiting for her to die
exactly where im at lol
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

no, lily/boq has 1-2
can you explain why aro is town and boq is scum?
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:32 pm
no, lily/boq has 1-2
do u have any other locktowns rn?
not yet
staypositivefriend
Hitman

ok i change my mind and i think lucy is town again regardless of whether or not her pushes are correct
Boquise
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 462
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by Boquise »

lucy wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:34 pm
no, lily/boq has 1-2
him and creature became lock at eod2 because they had a conversation which i deduced the exact messages before it happened
Show quotes
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

no, lily/boq has 1-2
i was sorta serious with the gun tbh
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Boquise wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:35 pm
lucy wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:34 pm
no, lily/boq has 1-2
Show quotes
after school
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

lucy wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:33 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:30 pm
lucy wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:29 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:19 pm @lucy - why have u ignored all of my requests for u to explain your reads in more detail or engage with other ppl more?
i’ll make a legacy before day ends with my thoughts
but 1-2 wolves in lily/boq
okay

i kind of townread both of them so if u feel confident that there's 1-2 wolves between them i would appreciate as much explanation as youre able to give so that i can get there too
reread boq today and look for tmi
not the usual tmi slip
but what you would be saying if you did have tmi and were a competent finalist and wanted to visibly look like you didn’t
idk with you tbh but i would personally seize my chance when they lose momentum during d2 and kill them tbh it wont be tmi if they flip u know tbh
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 130

Post by DrWilgy »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:31 pm
it basically means "this is my list of strong townreads and if i'm misreading anyone in this list it's only one of them"
I'd like to know what makes Boq a strong town read. I'm also surprised to not see Porscha as a town read.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... ampionship

Another game where I was death tunnelled by town and deduced they were town. Even solved the F3 by the simple solution I have learned. Such a magician tbh
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... ampionship

Or what about this game where Jepg's death tunnel started because I quoted posts in a random order during sod and couldnt give him a logical explanation to why.
This is the game where I learned this tell. It is one of the most miserable mafia experiences I have had, but it has served me well tbh
staypositivefriend
Hitman

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:38 pm
I'd like to know what makes Boq a strong town read. I'm also surprised to not see Porscha as a town read.
when boq was being wagoned by a plurality of the game on d1 and i was the only person in the game townreading him (more or less), he went out of his way to attack me and try to push on me because he was mad that i wasn't defending him strongly enough. i thought that looked really towny for boq because it showed a lack of self-preservation intent and was a play that would risk alienating the one person defending him at a time when he was clearly desperate/frustrated with the gamestate

he has also been the only person in the game to echo my exact thought process about aliso ntoday and echo a similar frustration with the stagnation of the gamestate, his interactions with you look like they come more from a frustrated villager than someone playing with a wolf agenda, etc etc. i also generally just feel like boq doesn't have many friends in this game and has been playing on his own little island, which is usually town indicative as well

lucy pushing on boq is actually makign me doubt myself but i do think that boq is more likely to be town than not
staypositivefriend
Hitman

if there's a deepwolf btwn boq/lily i actually feel like it would be more likely to be lily because she hasn't really done anything uniquely town indicative for her since d1 and i feel like she's been kind of piggybacking off of how im playing in a way that could be pockety/intended to stay on my good side
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Boquise wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:12 pm Actually I will tell with clear language what is the problem I am having here, since I am being the "emotional, irrational, annoying" one in this conversation and you are the rational, logical, adult one, as in how we have been positioned.

You are not talking to me with the intent to solve or understand my pov.
You are talking in a way to rile me up and make me come off as more irrational (and the general person reads "irrational" as wolfy). You have written conclusions on what I did without having the context, and then use my frustration against me. Showing absolutely no sign to understand why that is not to have a conversation. When I told you to read up, you said "nah", I said I would ignore you then, and you immediately turn that around to make me the problem and you the adult in the conversation.

You grossly mischaracterised my explaining to town read Seanzie. You did not care at all for my explanation. You have not engaged with me at all with my challenge "I have not received a reason to question my read" aside from the standard "it is good to second-guess".

You claimed I should vs Seanzie. First you try to play semantics, saying you havent said we "should duke it out", and then when caught in the lie, you try to refer to the hedging second sentence.

It is wolfy to try to instigate town vs town. Me going off on a tangent will only help diversing the thread against me (which I am partly to blame), but if you are town, you are not trying to work with me. Even clearer: You are not trying to talk with me. You are trying to play me.

Perhaps you want to change the wagons from Alison to me?

[VOTE: Alison] aubergine

This so we don't have any questions about the yeet. Tomorrow I will vote for you. If Alison flips w, that is. If Alison flips town, I will reconsider.
I promise that this is all in your head and nobody else sees it that way. you already know you're the emotional one, so stop projecting. coming from someone who is similar to you btw. it isn't helping you or anyone else to have the conversation viewed in that light.

Additionally, it seems you don't understand how wilgy engages with people. I suppose I'm taking the stance that you got too defensive by reading into wilgy's push too much. he is going to push people to come to his own conclusions, because that's just how the game... happens. I would not scum read wilgy for these interactions, even if I were in your shoes and I didn't like them.
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... Big-Or-Bad

Just to be fair, here is a wolf game where I get death tunnelled for nonsensical reasons too. I think my reaction across both town and scum games are similar. Maybe with the difference that as a wolf I lost my patience faster, but eh. Still, that death tunnel came from a town player too. I would have easily seen that as town as well tbh
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:45 pm if there's a deepwolf btwn boq/lily i actually feel like it would be more likely to be lily because she hasn't really done anything uniquely town indicative for her since d1 and i feel like she's been kind of piggybacking off of how im playing in a way that could be pockety/intended to stay on my good side
she's literally simping for you. you can say it
staypositivefriend
Hitman

oh and i think porscha has been posting towny today but i didn't put her on my townlist because i ultimately don't have a clear sense of what her view of the game looks like and i don't see any evidence that the stuff she's posting that looks ~good~ in the moment is helping to create a broader perspective on the game, so i dont really have any reasons to call her town with confidence. she's not really my top priority when looking for wolves right now though
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

Porscha wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:46 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:45 pm if there's a deepwolf btwn boq/lily i actually feel like it would be more likely to be lily because she hasn't really done anything uniquely town indicative for her since d1 and i feel like she's been kind of piggybacking off of how im playing in a way that could be pockety/intended to stay on my good side
this is not how i simp
staypositivefriend
Hitman

uwu
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Porscha wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:45 pm
Boquise wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:12 pm Actually I will tell with clear language what is the problem I am having here, since I am being the "emotional, irrational, annoying" one in this conversation and you are the rational, logical, adult one, as in how we have been positioned.

You are not talking to me with the intent to solve or understand my pov.
You are talking in a way to rile me up and make me come off as more irrational (and the general person reads "irrational" as wolfy). You have written conclusions on what I did without having the context, and then use my frustration against me. Showing absolutely no sign to understand why that is not to have a conversation. When I told you to read up, you said "nah", I said I would ignore you then, and you immediately turn that around to make me the problem and you the adult in the conversation.

You grossly mischaracterised my explaining to town read Seanzie. You did not care at all for my explanation. You have not engaged with me at all with my challenge "I have not received a reason to question my read" aside from the standard "it is good to second-guess".

You claimed I should vs Seanzie. First you try to play semantics, saying you havent said we "should duke it out", and then when caught in the lie, you try to refer to the hedging second sentence.

It is wolfy to try to instigate town vs town. Me going off on a tangent will only help diversing the thread against me (which I am partly to blame), but if you are town, you are not trying to work with me. Even clearer: You are not trying to talk with me. You are trying to play me.

Perhaps you want to change the wagons from Alison to me?

[VOTE: Alison] aubergine

This so we don't have any questions about the yeet. Tomorrow I will vote for you. If Alison flips w, that is. If Alison flips town, I will reconsider.
I promise that this is all in your head and nobody else sees it that way. you already know you're the emotional one, so stop projecting. coming from someone who is similar to you btw. it isn't helping you or anyone else to have the conversation viewed in that light.

Additionally, it seems you don't understand how wilgy engages with people. I suppose I'm taking the stance that you got too defensive by reading into wilgy's push too much. he is going to push people to come to his own conclusions, because that's just how the game... happens. I would not scum read wilgy for these interactions, even if I were in your shoes and I didn't like them.
I am fully aware that I am being the emotional one.
"as in how we have been positioned."
"make me more irrational"
"which I am partly to blame"

Normally I would not react this strongly to this push, but considering how this whole game has went I have just had enough with it.
However, I still think it is slimy. I think it is wolfy. I think Wilgy is aware of what he is doing.
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

it would be pretty funny if i put my trust in another wolf this game though

but i'm like 50/50 on spf being a wolf lol
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Lilypetal wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:51 pm it would be pretty funny if i put my trust in another wolf this game though

but i'm like 50/50 on spf being a wolf lol
i like those odds tbh
staypositivefriend
Hitman

if it helps im like 30-70 on you being a wolf too =)
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:44 pm
when boq was being wagoned by a plurality of the game on d1 and i was the only person in the game townreading him (more or less), he went out of his way to attack me and try to push on me because he was mad that i wasn't defending him strongly enough. i thought that looked really towny for boq because it showed a lack of self-preservation intent and was a play that would risk alienating the one person defending him at a time when he was clearly desperate/frustrated with the gamestate

he has also been the only person in the game to echo my exact thought process about aliso ntoday and echo a similar frustration with the stagnation of the gamestate, his interactions with you look like they come more from a frustrated villager than someone playing with a wolf agenda, etc etc. i also generally just feel like boq doesn't have many friends in this game and has been playing on his own little island, which is usually town indicative as well

lucy pushing on boq is actually makign me doubt myself but i do think that boq is more likely to be town than not
It is really embarrassing that this is how I display my play here in this game and on the site. I've just had enough. It is petty, it is childish, it is whatever. But I just feel done.
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:52 pm if it helps im like 30-70 on you being a wolf too =)
ill take it

i think im still in my wolfrange this game so idm
arogame123
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 856
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His
Aka: Aro

Post by arogame123 »

Hey what up? Won't be around for EoD

so I wanted to leave a quick legacy incase

If Alison flips mafia,

Porscha, Seanzie town

leaning town on Lucy, SPF, and Boq

Lily/Rondo/Nanook/Wilgy

If Alison flips town,

Lucy, Seanzie town

leaning town on Porscha, Lily, and Nanook

POE: Rondo/Boq/SPF/Wilgy
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

The leanings towns are somewhat tentative, but I am leaning max 1 mafia in my leaning towns and hopefully 0 based on both outcomes.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

aro why would you have me as leantown if alison flips mafia but lean mafia if alison flips town? i feel like it should probably be the opposite lol
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

The lists are also unordered btw
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:00 pm aro why would you have me as leantown if alison flips mafia but lean mafia if alison flips town? i feel like it should probably be the opposite lol
I have a feeling the way Alison has interacted with ur slot is not partnery and vice versa with how u have been defending her comes off as not w/w to me. So in the world where Alison is mafia and you are her partner, I would expect you to stop defending Alison as much as you have and in fact try to bus her for cred esp with the initial town reads you were receiving.

So mainly because I believe you and Alison are not w/w.

But in the flipside, if Alison flips town, then this game has experienced 2 v/v wagons on both days and with the way you had been town reading Alison would come off more as "TMI" than anything as despite how scummy she was, you still believed she was town. It would basically remind me of when I tr Alison when I was mafia for more "generic reasons" in our previous game. Additionally, it would allude to there was a deep wolf earlier and it is likely you would have wanted to push out Creature and then knowing everyone would vote Alison, you still defend her to look good after her flip.
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

Also, I just had a bomb steak burrito and it was delicious. With chips and salsa too!!! So yummy!
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

it's funny you brought that up, I had forgotten about it, but I thought it was weird as hell and kinda scummy in the moment when I read it. like come on spf, defend your teammate harder. lol

inb4 I remake "must be hard to be part of the informed minority" joke and tilt boq
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

Also, Porscha, I went swimming today btw. The pool was very warm.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Boquise wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:53 pm

It is really embarrassing that this is how I display my play here in this game and on the site. I've just had enough. It is petty, it is childish, it is whatever. But I just feel done.
lol boq it's fine. I don't know you but you're always welcome here and mafia is easily the most tilting game on the planet, so it's fine.
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

You are welcome to join as well SPF. Sunny day, warm pool, sipping on a Piña colada.
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

Porscha wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:07 pm

it's funny you brought that up, I had forgotten about it, but I thought it was weird as hell and kinda scummy in the moment when I read it. like come on spf, defend your teammate harder. lol

inb4 I remake "must be hard to be part of the informed minority" joke and tilt boq
i rly like the clarity you give in replies using the colors its rly nice
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

arogame123 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:08 pm Also, Porscha, I went swimming today btw. The pool was very warm.
MMMMM love that for you
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

Also, hey Boq, if you are town, head up bro. It's all good man, shit like this happens in this game and it's important to keep on going and to never lose hope. Just know that we all love each other and that if you are town, I promise we will win this game and rejoice once it's all said and done hehe.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Lilypetal wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:10 pm

hey thanks! *pokes you with stick* do something :3
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

Lily, want to join us in the pool as well?? hehe

You too Boq
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

arogame123 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:10 pm

Also, hey Boq, if you are town, head up bro. It's all good man, shit like this happens in this game and it's important to keep on going and to never lose hope. Just know that we all love each other and that if you are town, I promise we will win this game and rejoice once it's all said and done hehe.
what aro is trying to say is, if you are wolf then keep your damn head down! smh lmao
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 278
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Wilgy probably just town lol
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Lilypetal wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:47 pm
this is not how i simp
sorry, "spf siding"
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:13 pm Wilgy probably just town lol
agreed
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

Porscha wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:11 pm
Lilypetal wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:10 pm

hey thanks! *pokes you with stick* do something :3
im playing league

Return to “Previous Hustles”