Moderator: Community Team

arogame123
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 856
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His
Aka: Aro

Re: King of the Hill Mafia

Post by arogame123 »

Anyways, back to work, I'll try to be around later.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 278
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:14 pm nanook if ur town then pls stop wolf siding
Ok "alison is town and everyone pushing her is being cliquey" or whatever
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

arogame123 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:20 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:17 pm i would also like lily to explain why she perceives there to be a difference check between me/aro
The thing that I am trying to understand is that if she believes you and I are different SPF, then there is still one mafia out there and with how Lily has focused on mainly me/SPF/Boq, that would always make Boq always mafia from her POV, so I am trying to understand who else she thinks the other mafia is if she has this dichotamy between SPF and I. I know I am town and I think SPF might be town mainly with the experiment I tried yesterday and noticing some similarity in language/tone in her posts.

Also @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME did you have any thoughts on the SPF post I was pointing out earlier in regards to their comparison with their language/tone from that post to their others?
Link it again for me
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:03 pm lily i'll be upfront in saying that i'm struggling to conceptualize a realistic view of the game that doesn't involve you being a wolf. in a world where both of us are town, who do you think the most likely team is? who are the maf in that world?
You can't see me with anyone other than Lily?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 758
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:33 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:03 pm lily i'll be upfront in saying that i'm struggling to conceptualize a realistic view of the game that doesn't involve you being a wolf. in a world where both of us are town, who do you think the most likely team is? who are the maf in that world?
You can't see me with anyone other than Lily?
no, my immediate POE right now is actually lily/you/boq and if i'm misreading someone outside of those 3 names, im leaning on it being rondo. i don't see an immediate reason to dissociate you with any of those names but i admit that my memory of your interactions in this game are kind of fuzzy
Lilypetal
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 723
Aka: lily

Post by Lilypetal »

maybe i was the difference check all along

[VOTE: spf] aubergine
staypositivefriend
Hitman

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:32 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:14 pm nanook if ur town then pls stop wolf siding
Ok "alison is town and everyone pushing her is being cliquey" or whatever
ok i deserved that
staypositivefriend
Hitman

lily it feels to me like you're scared to vote boq even though you can't conceptualize a world where boq isn't mafia. is that because ur his partner and ur scared to vote for him?
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

i don't think boq and seanzie are w/w right? they had a shit ton of back and forth that did not look partnered at all
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:36 pm lily it feels to me like you're scared to vote boq even though you can't conceptualize a world where boq isn't mafia. is that because ur his partner and ur scared to vote for him?
why was i voting him just before i swapped to u then
staypositivefriend
Hitman

oh i didnt even realize you switched to him
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

why would i be scared to vote a partner? all i did was bus ppl in my 1st wolf game lol
staypositivefriend
Hitman

[VOTE: lilypetal] aubergine
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Lilypetal wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:37 pm why would i be scared to vote a partner? all i did was bus ppl in my 1st wolf game lol
well if you're W/W with boq i imagine you probably wouldn't want him to go over today since it would be tough to endgame as a solo wolf in your position, so as maf u would probably be incentivized to try to keep him alive. it would explain why your treatment of boq is so fickle today tbh
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

if we are both V then that's silly and gg but idk methinks u flip W and then I don't get poe'd and waste a day
staypositivefriend
Hitman

idk if i actually even believe this world but it makes a mild amount of sense to me right now
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Lilypetal wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:38 pm if we are both V then that's silly and gg but idk methinks u flip W and then I don't get poe'd and waste a day
if you are V then i've tried to find common ground with u today but u arent helping yourself at all so w/e
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:38 pm
Lilypetal wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:37 pm why would i be scared to vote a partner? all i did was bus ppl in my 1st wolf game lol
well if you're W/W with boq i imagine you probably wouldn't want him to go over today since it would be tough to endgame as a solo wolf in your position, so as maf u would probably be incentivized to try to keep him alive. it would explain why your treatment of boq is so fickle today tbh
i feel like ur reaching a tad
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:13 am @arogame123 - okay so, i think my favorite concert experience was actually something that happened last month. basically, i grew up listening to this band called mewithoutYou - i've loved them since i was about 14 years old and they've played a huge role in shaping my taste in music and the way that i think about the world. it's actually difficult to describe how personally significant and impactful their music has been to me, and there are few pieces of art in this world that carry as much sentimental value as mewithoutYou's music does for me

so basically, last month mewithoutYou played their final two shows at the same venue before breaking up forever, and i had the opportunity to go to both of them. it was honestly one of the most special weekends i've had in a long time. i connected with a discord server full of other fans attending the concert who had been impacted by their music in the same way that i have, i got to hang out with some of them before/after the concert, and there was generally just a really nice feeling of community that came from taking part in that

and the concerts themselves were some of the most intense experiences i've had in my life, in a good way. it was just incredible to be in a room surrounded by people who had been touched by this music in the same way that i had, who knew every word to every song just like i did, and who were there to collectively celebrate something that was meaningful to all of us. the first night was so intense that i almost passed out mid-concert and on the second night, they played for almost 2 and a half hours and balloons came raining from the ceiling as they played the last song, and nearly everyone in the crowd (including the band themselves) was crying

i'm gonna stop here because i already feel like i've gone on too long and i could go on for a lot longer lol
@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:39 pm
Lilypetal wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:38 pm if we are both V then that's silly and gg but idk methinks u flip W and then I don't get poe'd and waste a day
if you are V then i've tried to find common ground with u today but u arent helping yourself at all so w/e
i see so ur trying to put the blame on me when I flip V

i've been very open to dialogue and talking the entire phase and we have and while i feel bad for voting for you i don't necessarily think you're a villager lol
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Lilypetal wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:41 pm

i've been very open to dialogue and talking the entire phase and we have and while i feel bad for voting for you i don't necessarily think you're a villager lol
nah if you're town and im voting for you incorrectly then it's totally my fault

i just dont really understand your view of the game
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

listen. if u flip V spf im sorry. i take full blame and this was a bad game by me. game goes to f5 and hopefully town can clutch. but atm i truly believe you are a wolf and this is the most conviction i have felt all game so I'm going to stick with it
staypositivefriend
Hitman

there's a good chance i wont even end the day with my vote on you anyway
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:42 pm

like what dont u understand? i can try to clear it up

i mean i dont have the greatest most perfect view of the game but i can try to explain it
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Lilypetal wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:42 pm

i mean i dont have the greatest most perfect view of the game but i can try to explain it
well, you have consistently said that there's a wolf between me/aro, but now that i think aro is getting townier, i'm scared that you're trying to push an incorrect dichotomy and give yourself an excuse to tinfoil two strong villagers. your explanations for why you think there's a wolf between us haven't really made sense to me either - it seems like your view ultimately boils down to : "I Feel Like It", which is fine for a gut read, but it has had diminishing returns the more and more that you have pushed it

you are unable to conceive of a view of the game where boq is not mafia, but you have consistently refused to push on him or bring momentum against him today (and no, i don't count your earlier vote on him as a "push" since it was so limp i didn't even notice that you switched). you are choosing to hunt for who you perceive to be the Deep Wolf instead of pushing for someone who is nearly confirmed mafia from your point of view, and i don't understand why you would be doing that if you're town

your reasoning to scumread me also just feels straight up lazy, though i know that i'm speaking from a biased position. i sense no real conviction behind the way that ur pushing on me in spite of you saying it's the most convincted you have felt for the entire game. if youre town then i just dont understand where your head is at or what you're doing
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

I will aim to be back for EoD.

[VOTE: Boq] aubergine

arogame123 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:40 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:13 am @arogame123 - okay so, i think my favorite concert experience was actually something that happened last month. basically, i grew up listening to this band called mewithoutYou - i've loved them since i was about 14 years old and they've played a huge role in shaping my taste in music and the way that i think about the world. it's actually difficult to describe how personally significant and impactful their music has been to me, and there are few pieces of art in this world that carry as much sentimental value as mewithoutYou's music does for me

so basically, last month mewithoutYou played their final two shows at the same venue before breaking up forever, and i had the opportunity to go to both of them. it was honestly one of the most special weekends i've had in a long time. i connected with a discord server full of other fans attending the concert who had been impacted by their music in the same way that i have, i got to hang out with some of them before/after the concert, and there was generally just a really nice feeling of community that came from taking part in that

and the concerts themselves were some of the most intense experiences i've had in my life, in a good way. it was just incredible to be in a room surrounded by people who had been touched by this music in the same way that i had, who knew every word to every song just like i did, and who were there to collectively celebrate something that was meaningful to all of us. the first night was so intense that i almost passed out mid-concert and on the second night, they played for almost 2 and a half hours and balloons came raining from the ceiling as they played the last song, and nearly everyone in the crowd (including the band themselves) was crying

i'm gonna stop here because i already feel like i've gone on too long and i could go on for a lot longer lol
I've seen this post, I dont remember (possibly didn't see?) why you tr jt?
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:46 pm

well, you have consistently said that there's a wolf between me/aro, but now that i think aro is getting townier, i'm scared that you're trying to push an incorrect dichotomy and give yourself an excuse to tinfoil two strong villagers. your explanations for why you think there's a wolf between us haven't really made sense to me either - it seems like your view ultimately boils down to : "I Feel Like It", which is fine for a gut read, but it has had diminishing returns the more and more that you have pushed it

you are unable to conceive of a view of the game where boq is not mafia, but you have consistently refused to push on him or bring momentum against him today (and no, i don't count your earlier vote on him as a "push" since it was so limp i didn't even notice that you switched). you are choosing to hunt for who you perceive to be the Deep Wolf instead of pushing for someone who is nearly confirmed mafia from your point of view, and i don't understand why you would be doing that if you're town

your reasoning to scumread me also just feels straight up lazy, though i know that i'm speaking from a biased position. i sense no real conviction behind the way that ur pushing on me in spite of you saying it's the most convincted you have felt for the entire game. if youre town then i just dont understand where your head is at or what you're doing
i have been tinfoiling aro the entire game but i am not really feeling it as much anymore after last night. i just think that if you aren't a wolf the poe is too small and imo aro is the only person left that I would consider not cleared in my world view. I don't think he's a wolf though atm.

what use is there pushing someone who isn't here to defend themselves? you are here, i am talking to you, and my vote has meaning in this moment to you obviously. the way I see it is that if eod is you vs me I want you to die because when you flip W I hopefully will be removed from the poe. Basically I think the boq wagon will die off before eod.

i don't really have anything to say about ur 3rd point though you're welcome to feel however you want lol
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:51 pm

It wasn't the post itself I tr. It was the idea of analyzing her tone and languaage used in that post and compare it with her other posts in the thread and see if there is a similarity between them. As I stated, I wanted to compare her posts with something she stated was "objectively true." And when doing that, I noticed some similarities in the language/tone used in that post with her others. So it made me feel conflicted and illustrated to me that SPF might be town.

arogame123 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:55 pm

It wasn't the post itself I tr. It was the idea of analyzing her tone and languaage used in that post and compare it with her other posts in the thread and see if there is a similarity between them. As I stated, I wanted to compare her posts with something she stated was "objectively true." And when doing that, I noticed some similarities in the language/tone used in that post with her others. So it made me feel conflicted and illustrated to me that SPF might be town.
Lol

I mean, you're onto something, but the sample you're using is kinda useless particularly without a baseline to work from/comparisons to other games etc
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:56 pm
arogame123 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:55 pm

Lol

I mean, you're onto something, but the sample you're using is kinda useless particularly without a baseline to work from/comparisons to other games etc
Yea, I mean, it's def a post that is a baseline for something that is the "truth" from her I would imagine and I don't believe she expected it either from her reaction. True a larger sample size and all that would help. But yea, it's what I noticed at least when comparing that post with some of her others.

I mean, you need a baseline for how much "truth" she uses as mafia yeah

Like some people do speak differently or use different patterns when they're mafia vs town, but this doesn't really show that lol
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Lilypetal wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:53 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:46 pm

i have been tinfoiling aro the entire game but i am not really feeling it as much anymore after last night. i just think that if you aren't a wolf the poe is too small and imo aro is the only person left that I would consider not cleared in my world view. I don't think he's a wolf though atm.

what use is there pushing someone who isn't here to defend themselves? you are here, i am talking to you, and my vote has meaning in this moment to you obviously. the way I see it is that if eod is you vs me I want you to die because when you flip W I hopefully will be removed from the poe. Basically I think the boq wagon will die off before eod.

i don't really have anything to say about ur 3rd point though you're welcome to feel however you want lol
but this is my entire point! why are you OK with the boq wagon dying if you think that he is nearly confirmed mafia from your point of view? why aren't you doing anything to prevent the boq wagon from dying if he is nearly confirmed mafia from your worldview? it doesn't make any sense to me at all!
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

i realize that I am a poe'd individual with a bad track record this game and I don't have the authority to make others listen to me and keep the wagon alive? i mean im on the chopping block to be elimmed lol

i do not have the confidence to do what u expect of me ig
staypositivefriend
Hitman

it's not even about getting other people to listen to you, it's pushing for the person who is confirmed mafia from your worldview to die, which you are consistently not doing
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:06 pm it's not even about getting other people to listen to you, it's pushing for the person who is confirmed mafia from your worldview to die, which you are consistently not doing
maybe i could be wrong abt boq

you feel like a wolf right now so my vote sits there

is what it is
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

im not trying to make sense or anything im just playing the game how i wanna play it if im wrong im wrong
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:36 pm lily it feels to me like you're scared to vote boq even though you can't conceptualize a world where boq isn't mafia. is that because ur his partner and ur scared to vote for him?
I kind of feel the same about you... specifically I feel like you've been floating the name Boq, but you clearly don't want to vote them.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

staypositivefriend
Hitman

Seanzie wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:12 pm
I kind of feel the same about you... specifically I feel like you've been floating the name Boq, but you clearly don't want to vote them.
i am probably willing to vote for boq today, i've just felt that my vote has been better placed elsewhere so far tbh
Boquise
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 462
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by Boquise »

Hi tbh
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

arogame123 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:49 pm I will aim to be back for EoD.

[VOTE: Boq] aubergine
It is interesting that i went from a strong town read for you to a vote tbh
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:32 pm
Boquise wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:29 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:46 pm
Boquise wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:01 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:09 pm
Seanzie wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:15 am
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:11 am My two yeetables are in Sean.

Neat.
Tell me about Boq.
Boq I'd say is still the 3rd yeetable.

Their reads seem to be very off base and they've done things that I can see coming from a W mindset. HOWEVER, during my spat with them they ended up seeming like a frustrated townie as opposed to a caught wolf.

Like, I still want BoQ yeeted for the oddities I observed, but it's nith the priority.
I will demand vindication if it is revealed that my read on Seanzie is correct tbh
Why? I never implied that the Seanzie read was wrong. I trust you on that one in spite of that having nothing to do with your alignment
Because you called it abnormal and I am being partly suspected because of that read tbh.
Again, the read isn't abnormal, it's the presentation of the read and confidence in it.

It still lacked the fuzzy line that a town has.
Sure.
Declare your wrongness in the thread come tomorrow tbh
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Actually that's a load of bs
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Anyway, I am home. Will read the stuff I have missed, write my reads and then sleep.
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Like I can't actually believe that Wilgy genuinely believes what they are saying here when I shown several examples when I have had the EXACT same reasoning as town in other games.

The "fuzzy line that a town has" is such a load of absolute nothing
staypositivefriend
Hitman

boq if youre town then help me figure out what's happening in this game tbh
Porscha
Made Man
Posts in topic: 550

Post by Porscha »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:06 am
Porscha wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:46 am Maybe I could keep a poe of boq and rondo for now and try to see a poe that includes not nook or sean but I'm unsure of who I'd sub in. Aro? I'm feeling relatively good about a lot of town reads... but I wonder if I'm misleading someone
[VOTE: Porscha ] aubergine

all this talk of seeing me as scum and yet never actually doing anything about it is boring to me. I am willing to thunderdome if you are. Unless... perhaps you think I am not scum and you are scum yourself trying to find a wat forward
this was very dramatic of you and i haven't caught up but I see you moved somewhere else. big talk, eh
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:04 am
Porscha wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:26 am to clarify aro I don't really think sean is maf much lol... but I think my main poe right now contains:

boq / rondo / nook / sean

not necessarily in order btw. I think all are findable but nook's and sean's content have me left me wanting more, they are more null, but therefore in poe
Tell me about Lily and SPF.
I dont have it in me to sit here and write an essay town casing them but when I have interacted with them (especially spf earlier today) I am rather convinced they aren't wolves
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:36 pm boq if youre town then help me figure out what's happening in this game tbh
I am being wagoned for silly reasons but it is probably town, since town are more prone to take issue with my playstyle than scum. They will after my flip pretend that I was still so scummy and find another playstyle they dislike and push tbh. Whatever I say is translated to scummy since D1 tbh. I've tried a multitude of approaches tbh. People who tend to just ignore that and death tunnel are often town.

People who are being neutral are scummy

People who start voting me (aro) despite town reading me is scummy

People who loudly declare how clear they are and try to force that narrative are scummy tbh
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Lilypetal wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:16 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:11 pm
Lilypetal wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:09 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:07 pm
Lilypetal wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:15 am
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:11 am My two yeetables are in Sean.

Neat.
why do you think im a wolf
I'd say it's you have the least amount of capacity to be town outside of SPF.

I can create an argument for Boq, the responses to my badgering eventually lead me to a VERY slight tr. Though I think he's way off base rn if he is town.

Aro/Nook are likely town.

Rondo is likely town but less than.

Sean should still never go over before Boq.

I'd just lose to Porscha if W and that's fine.
but why? logically i'm kinda unpartnered with alison, maybe you can say my play hasn't been pro-town this game but is that necessarily wolf indicative?
Define the unpartnered with Alison argument for me again. I will try to skim Alison prior to EoD if work time allows if you are unable to.

And yes, that is wolf indictive lol. Lately I've found just yeeting whomever isn't pro town just makes an easier fx.
that's fair, but I assume with that logic you would prio spf first and then reeval? i mean the only anti town thing I did was vote creature over alison day 2 and considering other town also did the same I don't think it's an insane misplay that I deserve to die for. town reading alison day 3 was bad sure but it doesn't save her from dying and logically the wolves were off the alison train by then too imo

I linked the gross convo alison and I had just now and that's what I'm referring to. You don't know me so ur probs just gonna same it's w/w and yeet me but eh I figured I'd mention it
why do you think that? you don't think alison was bussed by at least 1 partner? if so, then shouldn't you be evaluating exclusively in the people who didnt vote alison?

Return to “Previous Hustles”