nijuukyugou
No votes
Russtifinko
No votes
Snow Dog
No votes
thellama73
8%
The Triforce of Cuticles (The Host, the Mod, the Dead)
42%

Total votes: 12
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 239

Re: The Legend of Zelda (Ganon's Conquest) [Day 5]

Post by Snow Dog »

I do believe there is a Hyrule in this poll, hence the "who killed" title. Maybe the host PMed Hyrule and said at least one of them must go for the prize. The prize probably goes to the least votes or is fought amongst the survivors. In case it is the former let us try to be sure it goes to someone we trust. Frankly i don't trust anyone. Not even Russ anymore. his about turns are maddening.

Why Have i got suspicion? Anything specific?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 206
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Ok, so the reason I thought MM outed himself was because rupie count. However, it just occured to me that Russ would potentially have enough to buy the bomb too.

Someone who's not me should add all the ruppies that MM and Russ have earned in thread. Don't forget the possibility that they bought the rupie douping item.
Spoiler: show
Pov: you reading my takes
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 169
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

LizKeen wrote:Russ I wasn't trying to offend you, Made just sticks in my mind more because of the kukuro puzzle and how he kept posting yesterday about whether people should or shouldn't be going for the triforce.
I wasn't offended irl, Liz. We're cool.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 72

Post by Dom »

lynch russ
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Dom wrote:lynch russ
A man of few words this game...
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 79

Post by Elohcin »

I went ahead and voted for Russ. I don't have good feelings about him.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 208

Post by thellama73 »

Having slept on it, I increasingly think Russ is sincere. He has worked hard to build detailed cases, and while I don't always agree with them, I get the sense that he wants to win it for the civvies.

I don't trust Dom's new taciturn demeanor one bit, though, so I am voting for him.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

thellama73 wrote:Having slept on it, I increasingly think Russ is sincere. He has worked hard to build detailed cases, and while I don't always agree with them, I get the sense that he wants to win it for the civvies.

I don't trust Dom's new taciturn demeanor one bit, though, so I am voting for him.
you have yet to articulate how a quieter dom indicates a baddier dom
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Dom wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Having slept on it, I increasingly think Russ is sincere. He has worked hard to build detailed cases, and while I don't always agree with them, I get the sense that he wants to win it for the civvies.

Frankly, I think you're frustrated about Dr. Who (I didn't want to bring up past games, but I was forced into it) and experimenting with this new sullen playstyle. But I don't think you'd be so bold without teammates to back you up. There's a smugness behind your posts that indicates a baddie team who is clearly winning.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 202

Post by fingersplints »

hmm see, I feel the exact opposite. I don't think he'd play this way if he had teammates.
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Just realize I didn't vote. Still going with Russ.
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

LizKeen wrote:Russ I wasn't trying to offend you, Made just sticks in my mind more because of the kukuro puzzle and how he kept posting yesterday about whether people should or shouldn't be going for the triforce.

FS, I wasn't accusing you of lying when you weren't around it was more that I had it in my head that there was a day you said you wouldn't be around and then it seemed like you kept popping up like someone was cluing you in you needed to post but I've gone back through the first 20 pages and I can't find the particular time that was. I will look back tomorrow when I'm on my computer. Trying to search on the phone is a nuisance. If I'm wrong I will admit it, there's nothing to gain by lying. And I hope your brother-in-law feels better.

I REALLY have to go to bed now. (I'll need my rest for when Russ makes an epic post about how bad someone is and then decides they're good 20 minutes later). :haha:
Ok. I generally post in the thread when I will not be around since I am rotating staying with different family members, and don't have a phone plan here, so my internet time is totally dependent on being around someone who I can use their wifi. I consider myself fairly active, so rather than just disappear without warning I try to let people know. :shrug:
No one is cluing me in to post, and even if I was bad people wouldn't be able to for the above reasons. :)
IDK I have been regularly mentioned, and it's not like I am only posting when being mentioned, so its a bit odd that you find it suspicious anyways.
Gro-oo-ovy
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

thellama73 wrote:
Dom wrote:

Frankly, I think you're frustrated about Dr. Who (I didn't want to bring up past games, but I was forced into it) and experimenting with this new sullen playstyle. But I don't think you'd be so bold without teammates to back you up. There's a smugness behind your posts that indicates a baddie team who is clearly winning.
You don't know how I play at all. :)
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Four more votes to come(including mine)
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Mister Rearranger »

Nobody is offering an explanation as to why Russ would do what everyone thinks he's done?

Like, it seriously doesn't make sense to me from a gameplay angle. He's bad, none of his team is taking heat (nobody else was taking heat at all, really, save his and my thoughts about Splints), but he goes out of his way to solely defend the civvie who is bound to be lynched anyways? I've known Russ to be a shifty baddie before, but not a foolish one.
Dom wrote:

You have yet to articulate. :shrug:

Jk, I've missed you. :)
We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.

fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I was questioned quite a bit for being wrong and lynching a civvie. Maybe he was trying to avoid that? (come to think of it, why did I get so much shit for being wrong about hedgeowl, but no one has said anything to llama for going after sabie for days)
Gro-oo-ovy
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

fingersplints wrote:I was questioned quite a bit for being wrong and lynching a civvie. Maybe he was trying to avoid that? (come to think of it, why did I get so much shit for being wrong about hedgeowl, but no one has said anything to llama for going after sabie for days)
Because pursuing one wrong angle vehemently for days and pursuing multiple wrong angles subtly are two totally different things? :shrug:

Dom's flippant attitude is bugging people, I get that. One thing's for sure, he was a lot more friendly as a SK, haha. But SKs are not baddies, and although his posts have been as infrequent as mine, maybe the tone is putting people off.

Again, I posed a question about Russ that I wish could be addressed.

Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

EBWOP: Not baddie teammates, rather.

fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Mister Rearranger wrote:
fingersplints wrote:I was questioned quite a bit for being wrong and lynching a civvie. Maybe he was trying to avoid that? (come to think of it, why did I get so much shit for being wrong about hedgeowl, but no one has said anything to llama for going after sabie for days)
Because pursuing one wrong angle vehemently for days and pursuing multiple wrong angles subtly are two totally different things? :shrug:

Dom's flippant attitude is bugging people, I get that. One thing's for sure, he was a lot more friendly as a SK, haha. But SKs are not baddies, and although his posts have been as infrequent as mine, maybe the tone is putting people off.

Again, I posed a question about Russ that I wish could be addressed.
Alright, well I still disagree that I subtly pursued multiple wrong angles. I think my game is anything but subtle, so :shrug: I guess I am just going to have to keep arguing this until I die or the game is over :shrug:

Nothing about Dom's play is putting me off. I totally understand it, and actually, he used to play a bit more carefree sort of like this all the time. I think people are trying to make something out of it that it's not.

can you be more specific with your question then? It's vague and addressed to "people". Who specifically would you like to answer it, because I thought I just did and that wasn't good enough I guess. :shrug: :derp:
Gro-oo-ovy
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

He used to play carefree, good or bad, yes.

I will read back in your posts then. Like I mentioned earlier in the game, I've been having trouble keeping up with this one. Work called me in on a 3:30PM-2AM on Sunday evening, a midnight-8AM Monday-Tuesday, a 10PM-8AM Tuesday-Wednesday, a 3:30PM-midnight yesterday, anI go back in tomorrow. So I probably missed it.

Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

Re: The Legend of Zelda (Ganon's Conquest) [Night 4]

Is this what you were referring to, Splints?:
fingersplints wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:
fingersplints wrote:I feel at this point, russ feels caught and is just trying to make the thread as convoluted as possible. I can't make any other logical sense for all these sudden switches. People change their mind in mafia games, but not like this.
Why would I get myself caught out of nowhere by attacking you and them act like this and get lynched for sure? Again, I was taking absolutely no heat before I started acting funny. This doesn't make any sense unless I'm a disgruntled goodie trying to destroy the game for my teammates, which I'm not. That would be rude.
When would you say you started acting funny? Because I DID vote for you on Day 2, and I'm not trying to argue whether not SVS suspected you or not when she died again, but she did suspect you some then as well, so I wouldn't call that NO heat. Not much, I will give you that, but not to the point you are stressing it.

I saw where you said you didn't see any way he was good and also knew Sabie was good as well. I get where you're coming from, but do you see why I think he'd be running a fool's errand if he were a baddie in that scenario? Why not be blendy? Keep in mind, certain other elements in this game have other functions.

God knows I've been wrong about Russ as a baddie before (I think Super Meat Boy was one such time?), but idk, my gut is telling me that specific point of the ccase against him (his stance on the Sabie lynch) feels contrived. If I'm wrong, hat-eating shall commence and we'll stand a fighting chance. If I'm right, I feel like the baddies have already eliminated some key roles and we're done for anyways.

Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

Plus, were Russ bad, him taking 0 heat isn't the same as a potential teammate of his taking 0 heat. The second option is what I was positing.

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I don't think either Dom or Russ are bad so that leaves me three options
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 265
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Snow Dog wrote:I don't think either Dom or Russ are bad so that leaves me three options
What do you think about MR?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:I don't think either Dom or Russ are bad so that leaves me three options

He was the first to volunteer right? Not really familiar with his game but he started quite quiet but is getting rather chatty now. Now that he is on a poll of one from five. May be nothing in that. Got a twenty percent chance of being bad maths says. If there is one Hyrule there of course.
I don't feel great about him.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Snow Dog wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

He was the first to volunteer right? Not really familiar with his game but he started quite quiet but is getting rather chatty now. Now that he is on a poll of one from five. May be nothing in that. Got a twenty percent chance of being bad maths says. If there is one Hyrule there of course.
If you don't vote for him, I might. I feel most confident in fingers, and would rather she obtain the triforce if that's how this challenge works out.

I'd like to keep my vote on Russti, but I think where the triforce goes is important too. I think it's a good assumption that the player with the least votes will get it. Not guaranteed, but probable.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

If you don't vote for him, I might. I feel most confident in fingers, and would rather she obtain the triforce if that's how this challenge works out.

I'd like to keep my vote on Russti, but I think where the triforce goes is important too. I think it's a good assumption that the player with the least votes will get it. Not guaranteed, but probable.
I'm not sure about that now. If that happened we'd know who got it, which is not healthy for that person. No, i think the Host will randomise between the survivors.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Snow Dog wrote:I'm not sure about that now. If that happened we'd know who got it, which is not healthy for that person. No, i think the Host will randomise between the survivors.
I didn't think about that, but that makes sense. Well in that case, my vote stays.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

Snow Dog wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

If you take a look back at my posts, you'll see I became a bit more motivated to participate after the person I introduced to the site was steamrolled out of the game without so much as a blink by anyone other than Russ.

Marsh is talking slick, but I ask for civ trust on this. I am the best person to grant the Triforce of Courage to. I may be wrong about Russ/Dom (I don't think I am), but not this. Take my word.

Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

So 3 votes left: Squidsy, Liz, and Snow. If any of you are civs, consider me comfortable with an MM or Dom lynch.

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Mister Rearranger wrote:If you take a look back at my posts, you'll see I became a bit more motivated to participate after the person I introduced to the site was steamrolled out of the game without so much as a blink by anyone other than Russ.

Marsh is talking slick, but I ask for civ trust on this. I am the best person to grant the Triforce of Courage to. I may be wrong about Russ/Dom (I don't think I am), but not this. Take my word.
MY hesitation on you is your sudden interest in getting Russti lynched after zero interaction with him.

Btw, I wouldn't be upset if you got it. I said that I am most comfortable with fingers getting it. That doesn't mean everyone else is bad.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Oops, never mind, I mistook your thoughts for someone else's MR. Let me reread.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Why would you be comfortable with lynching me MR?

This is getting quite preposterous that I've received so many votes this game with shit for evidence or case-making.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

Metalmarsh89 wrote: Btw, I wouldn't be upset if you got it. I said that I am most comfortable with fingers getting it. That doesn't mean everyone else is bad.
So you don't want to win the challenge you signed up for? :confused:

I'm the most comfortable with me getting it because I know that I'm good. Everyone else is shady to me. Today, I simply find Dom and you to be more shady than I previously found Splints. And as I've said before, Russ can be a bit of an enigma to me. This lynch, however, I hesitate to join the crowd against him and have a gut feeling that he's good.

Is your gut read of Splints better than your knowledge of your own alignment? No. It's not even better or worse than my gut read of Russ.

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Mister Rearranger wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote: Btw, I wouldn't be upset if you got it. I said that I am most comfortable with fingers getting it. That doesn't mean everyone else is bad.
So you don't want to win the challenge you signed up for? :confused:

I'm the most comfortable with me getting it because I know that I'm good. Everyone else is shady to me. Today, I simply find Dom and you to be more shady than I previously found Splints. And as I've said before, Russ can be a bit of an enigma to me. This lynch, however, I hesitate to join the crowd against him and have a gut feeling that he's good.

Is your gut read of Splints better than your knowledge of your own alignment? No. It's not even better or worse than my gut read of Russ.
Of course I want the piece. I'm just explaining my feelings about other players rather than trying to solely increase my own credibility.

If it's random, well than it really doesn't matter who we each trust.

If it's based on votes, I already have a vote, so am not going to gain the triforce through this result.

So I also don't have a particular reason to try that tactic.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Ok I voted Dom making it even.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 136

Post by Epignosis »

You have thirty minutes.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 51
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Hey y'all, sorry I just got off of work (Thursday = after school tutoring = ew staying at work until darkness).

I suspected Russ last time, and while he put up an admirable defense, I think his odd behavior outweighs it and it can't be ignored. Dom is certainly quieter than what I'm used to, but I'm definitely more suspicious of Russ.

Question is, if MR and and splints still have zero votes by the end, what happens to the Triforce?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Elohcin wrote:I went ahead and voted for Russ. I don't have good feelings about him.
Well of course YOU don't. :p
Mister Rearranger wrote:Nobody is offering an explanation as to why Russ would do what everyone thinks he's done?

Like, it seriously doesn't make sense to me from a gameplay angle. He's bad, none of his team is taking heat (nobody else was taking heat at all, really, save his and my thoughts about Splints), but he goes out of his way to solely defend the civvie who is bound to be lynched anyways? I've known Russ to be a shifty baddie before, but not a foolish one.
Dom wrote:

You have yet to articulate. :shrug:

Jk, I've missed you. :)
Thanks again, MR. I wish everyone else would take a look at it from this angle, just for kicks and giggles. It would be the dumbest thing I have ever done as a baddie to put heat on myself for absolutely no gain.

Also, for the record, Dom is the only person on this poll I have the slightest discomfort about giving the Triforce to.

Linki: C'mon, Ninja! Bit of a weak explanation, don't ya think? What do you say to MR's argument that my weird behavior makes even less sense for a baddie than a civ?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

MM and fingers, if you're around, it'd be hunky dory if you could reconsider one last time. Even if it doesn't change your mind, I'd consider it a favor if you looked over my behavior one last time and ask yourself how a baddie fits into that.

I know I went after both of you very hard, and that can be a VERY tough thing to get over in a mafia game. But ask yourself why it'd be worth it to go after you so hard when I had to know I'd take heat for it, as well. Especially considering the baddies are outnumbered even more than usual this game. There's only 3; why waste a life with no heat on it? And ask yourselves why I'd reconsider both cases and flip so quickly if I weren't at least trying to go for a civ victory, here. As a baddie it would make even less sense to throw my life away AND lose all the hard work I put into those cases by backing off, but as a civ reconsidering when new facts present themselves is natural.

Also, Made, you can still tie this up, buddy.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Haha sucks when no one is paying enough attention to save you...
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
LizKeen
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 80

Post by LizKeen »

Dang it, I thought I was going to have at least half an hour to read back through the 5 players and make a case. The end time is really bad for me. I'm just going to have to vote Splints because of this. I think there are 2 baddies in the poll In case one dies the other has a chance of getting the tri-force.

More lost than Oceanic Air Flight 815
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Don't vote splints! Read like the last page and a half, and then vote Dom please.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
LizKeen
Stool Pigeon

Post by LizKeen »

Actually I just saw how close it was. I will vote Dom. Maybe this vote will be more telling than anything previous.

LizKeen
Stool Pigeon

Post by LizKeen »

And sorry to Epi who would probably like to throttle me for doing that last minute. :P

Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Fuck, I meant to post this this morning, but got distracted. The reason MM (at least i thought) MM was obviously mafia was because he won so much money, and that we needed to do a quick count of how much each player had made in chat.

Might change my vote to dom, hold on...
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

oh...nvm...
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Well this should be interesting. I'm pulling for you, Russ. I don't think you are bad.

Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Made wrote:Fuck, I meant to post this this morning, but got distracted. The reason MM (at least i thought) MM was obviously mafia was because he won so much money, and that we needed to do a quick count of how much each player had made in chat.

Might change my vote to dom, hold on...
In chat in thread, whatever.

EBWoP: I meant to add that I knew Russtifinko also had gained a lot in the cross word, so it wasn't for sure MM.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Oh thank God. Or thank Liz, in this case. And Made, you had me going, man! Thought you were gonna save me. Rude, teasing like that.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”