IBA
The Mark
Posts in topic: 315
Preferred Pronouns: They/them although he/him is fine tbh
Aka: Jack

Re: Anniversary Game 2 - Moozik [DAY 3]

Post by IBA »

Inawordyes wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:08 pm
IBA wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:02 pm Okay going to actually mostly veg out and eu4 for a bit here
I LOVE EU4
They really need to nerf colonization
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 319
Aka: Iawy

Re: Anniversary Game 2 - Moozik [DAY 1]

Post by Inawordyes »

Mungbean wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:02 pm I have town reads on 2-3 people on this Guillo wagon, but I'm not sure what the main basis for it. Is it just meta?
@Mungbean Who were the 2-3 people on Guillo's wagon that you were townreading?
:omg:
IBA
The Mark

Post by IBA »

Someone explain to these bastards that Brazil was a coastal strip of settlements with no interior development until the 19th century, the entire middle of the North American continent was still mostly Indian Territory until the late 19th century, and the non-indigenous population of Australia in 1800 was like, 5k people.

Instead every time it's the year 1650 and the entire fucking world speaks Portuguese.
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Inawordyes »

IBA wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:20 pm If I were going to bus a teammate, it wouldn't be the extra kill godfather. Just saying.
Again, Guillo voted Chelsea as his last post of the day and peaced out about 4 minutes after Manny indicated he voted for Guillo, and Chelsea in the poll voted Guillo after Manny, so by the time Chelsea and/or Raskol voted Guillo, Guillo was already in anti-spew like he had been caught and stopped responding to the thread

It's a suboptimal move to bus the KP GF, but if Guillo was already out like he was expecting to go down and stopped trying to fight it, then it doesn't matter what roles Guillo had if he was always going to get flipped

Understand your point though, don't get me wrong
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Inawordyes »

Le petit poussin wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:00 pm @LordQuas You don't need too. I am dead tmr (beside I was a busy town this week end, that is all)
Wonder if this is just wolf-indicative :haha:

Reason being that Raskol was like "I'm gonna die tomorrow". Surviving N1, understandable. Surviving N2 as well, probably should disappear for the day haha. I may be overthinking it though, just where my brain went on seeing this
IBA
The Mark

Post by IBA »

Actually revising my earlier read, I think it's a mild spew that Sabi and DZ were top posters. Like, the drawback isn't, "If we're the top posters we die oh no" but it is "If we're the top posters we can't use our team's extra kill tonight," which is far from nothing- generally everyone, regardless of alignment, wants to use their kill early because y'know, you could die before you get to use it

But even without that it would be cuckoo bananas to talk about murdering either of them today. If there's a power wolf you deal with that in the end game.

Also yeah I mean I'm not discounting that someone from scum team could've voted for Guillo after it became obvious he was going to die, but I just mean I don't think it was a planned bus. Being early on the wagon is a very good look here.
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Inawordyes »

Mungbean wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:18 pm I have to vote based on my own reads ultimately and not meta that I'm not privy to.

[VOTE: Creature] aubergine. For persistent and mostly unjustified (or at least oddly exaggerated) defensiveness primarily.
Mungbean wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:20 pm I will likely pop back before the deadline but could only really consider switching to Valentine unless there are any major developments.
don't like this considering this was well after Guillo's wagon was gaining consistent traction
IBA
The Mark

Post by IBA »

Also I am not familiar with anyone still alive so if people could refer to the names people are using on this board rn and not other/non-obvious nicknames, I'd appreciate it since this shit is already pretty headache inducing as is
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Inawordyes »

IBA wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:30 pm Also I am not familiar with anyone still alive so if people could refer to the names people are using on this board rn and not other/non-obvious nicknames, I'd appreciate it since this shit is already pretty headache inducing as is
oops, apologies

The ones who you'll see referred to by other names are:

risiinq- (Snow),
Le petit poussin (Raskol),
me depending on how you look at it (Inawordyes = Iawy)
DaughterOfOmega (DoOm)
IBA
The Mark

Post by IBA »

Inawordyes wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:34 pm
IBA wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:30 pm Also I am not familiar with anyone still alive so if people could refer to the names people are using on this board rn and not other/non-obvious nicknames, I'd appreciate it since this shit is already pretty headache inducing as is
oops, apologies

The ones who you'll see referred to by other names are:

risiinq- (Snow),
Le petit poussin (Raskol),
me depending on how you look at it (Inawordyes = Iawy)
DaughterOfOmega (DoOm)
ty, the snow one in particular was throwing me
Sabiplz
<3
Posts in topic: 387
Preferred Pronouns: They them
Aka: Kuti

Post by Sabiplz »

Sabiplz wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:41 pm I still forget that it was Guillo not Generico in those fol games.

But yea voting Guillo.
Here's when I voted guillo

Forgot to use the formal vote thing because didn't want to open the full editor
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Inawordyes »

Is there any particular reason that Daughter's role is town moreso than mafia/3P?
LordQuas
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 285

Post by LordQuas »

DeeZees wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:49 pm Yh boucing time need more inffo

Currently believe all of
Me
Wwa
Snow
Sabi
Iba

Are town ( iba least sure)

Colin 3p
Rask maybe disapeard mafia
Kinda believe val is town despite all other instincts
I feel like as the person that started the CFD on guillotina I deserve at least a spot in the "not wolf" category
LordQuas
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LordQuas »

also i was gonna push for IAWY but then he came in and started posting exactly what I had be worried about overnight with Chelsea so I feel less keen about that

still not sure Chelsea is a wolf mind you, but her weirdness with guillo + her not dying makes me nervous. Wasn't planning on posting about it until she showed up though
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Inawordyes »

Sabiplz wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:40 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:41 pm I still forget that it was Guillo not Generico in those fol games.

But yea voting Guillo.

Well that doesn't quite make sense given the ordering of votes unless Manny changed his from and then back to Guillo at some point, or he voted Guillo a lot later than he stated in-thread

hmm
Sabiplz
<3
Posts in topic: 387
Preferred Pronouns: They them
Aka: Kuti

Post by Sabiplz »

Inawordyes wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:42 pm

But yea voting Guillo.

Well that doesn't quite make sense given the ordering of votes unless Manny changed his from and then back to Guillo at some point, or he voted Guillo a lot later than he stated in-thread

hmm
The poll isn't in order btw.
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Inawordyes »

LordQuas wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:42 pm also i was gonna push for IAWY but then he came in and started posting exactly what I had be worried about overnight with Chelsea so I feel less keen about that

still not sure Chelsea is a wolf mind you, but her weirdness with guillo + her not dying makes me nervous. Wasn't planning on posting about it until she showed up though
Push me anyways tbh, I'm kinda on a hyper kick posting all over the thread instead of working on assignments that are due tomorrow IRL and I haven't even started yet, so if I am mafia then I kinda have a lot of control over the gamestate rn since I'm posting a lot and for the most part of the only one posting.

Us aligning on the topic of Chelsea doesn't invalidate all the other reasons it sounds like you have for suspecting me enough to advocate for a wagon push
LordQuas
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LordQuas »

Inawordyes wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:40 pm Is there any particular reason that Daughter's role is town moreso than mafia/3P?
the main thing that's pushing me towards believing it is it would be odd for town to have 0 kp in this setup
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Inawordyes »

Sabiplz wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:43 pm

But yea voting Guillo.

hmm
I just realized that, which completely blows the majority of my Chelsea thoughts out of the water

Which I completely despise btw, but it is what it is
LordQuas
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LordQuas »

really really really liking iawy's posts these last few pages
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Inawordyes »

LordQuas wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:44 pm
Inawordyes wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:40 pm Is there any particular reason that Daughter's role is town moreso than mafia/3P?
the main thing that's pushing me towards believing it is it would be odd for town to have 0 kp in this setup
I don't disagree, but throwing town a low-poster killer, when Mafia are more likely to not low-post, seems almost destined to end up killing a lot of lhf townies rather than ever catch legitimate mafia
IBA
The Mark

Post by IBA »

Sabiplz wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:43 pm

But yea voting Guillo.

hmm
ngl starting to hate this game
LordQuas
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LordQuas »

Inawordyes wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:44 pm
LordQuas wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:42 pm also i was gonna push for IAWY but then he came in and started posting exactly what I had be worried about overnight with Chelsea so I feel less keen about that

Push me anyways tbh, I'm kinda on a hyper kick posting all over the thread instead of working on assignments that are due tomorrow IRL and I haven't even started yet, so if I am mafia then I kinda have a lot of control over the gamestate rn since I'm posting a lot and for the most part of the only one posting.

Us aligning on the topic of Chelsea doesn't invalidate all the other reasons it sounds like you have for suspecting me enough to advocate for a wagon push
problem was I didn't have many reasons, I just thought you d1 felt very odd and didn't like the pushes you were making

Le poutit was actually my top wolf but I took the start of day post to mean they can't be voted for. Which honestly seems unusual for a wolf role so I might be wrong there too
IBA
The Mark

Post by IBA »

Can some kind soul post the order of the Guillotine wagon
LordQuas
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LordQuas »

Inawordyes wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:45 pm
I don't disagree, but throwing town a low-poster killer, when Mafia are more likely to not low-post, seems almost destined to end up killing a lot of lhf townies rather than ever catch legitimate mafia
sbpcbwwe
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Inawordyes »

LordQuas wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:46 pm

problem was I didn't have many reasons, I just thought you d1 felt very odd and didn't like the pushes you were making

Le poutit was actually my top wolf but I took the start of day post to mean they can't be voted for. Which honestly seems unusual for a wolf role so I might be wrong there too
day commuters are funny, but yeah if you've ever watched Survivor, specifically S40, it's the Safety Without Power twist - leave the thread, cannot vote but also cannot be voted for. In a game where your vote and your voice are you biggest assets outside of any PR abilities you have, it's a pure self-pres move and I don't see why a day commuter would be more likely town when town really have nothing to hide and the only way a day commuter benefits Le Petit is if they were at risk of dying - but commuting means not being able to give content and reads as a townie, which seems counter-intuitive

could be 3p, but I'm not gonna set down that rabbithole rn
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Inawordyes »

DeeZees wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:52 pm im going sleep, I think I outted bad mech w/e dont think it helps much

[8] Guillotine: Schiavetto, Sabiplz, Valentine, LordQuas, Manny, Chelsea, Le petit poussin, nutella
[3] Cape90: risiinq-, Creature, WindwardAway
[3] Creature: Mungbean, DeeZees, falcon45ca
[2] Valentine: IBA, ColinIsCool
[1] Chelsea: Guillotine
[1] DeeZees: DaughterOfOmega
[1] Le petit poussin: TheFloyd73
[1] LordQuas: Inawordyes
[1] Mungbean: Cape90

agree re busters, they did not try to save guillo at all.

Potential other lunches were Creature/Cape. Creature I still think could be wolf, and Cape's voters have two town imo.

Oh worth saying here, if we think the bus plan was in action do we think he ditches a vote with Chelsea like that who then votes him? Kinda wanna clear her for that
This is what DeeZee (aka Dr. Zeus, another nameism if you come across it) posted earlier, which is the order that I was going off of
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Inawordyes »

LordQuas wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:47 pm
sbpcbwwe
is that a keyboard mash or an acronym I don't understand?
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Inawordyes »

Inawordyes wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:51 pm
sbpcbwwe
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

nvm it just clicked, disregard
LordQuas
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LordQuas »

Inawordyes wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:49 pm

day commuters are funny, but yeah if you've ever watched Survivor, specifically S40, it's the Safety Without Power twist - leave the thread, cannot vote but also cannot be voted for. In a game where your vote and your voice are you biggest assets outside of any PR abilities you have, it's a pure self-pres move and I don't see why a day commuter would be more likely town when town really have nothing to hide and the only way a day commuter benefits Le Petit is if they were at risk of dying - but commuting means not being able to give content and reads as a townie, which seems counter-intuitive

giving them an extra day for parity or bullshit is mildly annoying
LordQuas
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LordQuas »

Inawordyes wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:52 pm
Inawordyes wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:51 pm
sbpcbwwe
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

nvm it just clicked, disregard
sort by postcount become werewolf expert for those not in the know generally
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Inawordyes »

LordQuas wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:52 pm

There's another layer of it too, which is that the commute only happened during the day, not during the night. If it's applicable for the entire cycle or just until EoD, we won't know until it happens, but it's one thing for a townie to have a night commuter to prevent getting NK'ed, it's quite another for a townie to have a day commuter when again, town's biggest asset is their vote and voice, and saving yourself from a chop by just being absent is incredibly whelming as a townie ability when it doesn't prevent you from getting killed by the mafia overnight, whereas it protects mafia from getting chopped since they otherwise can't die overnight

it's either a mafia or 3P ability, I don't see how it can be town without being a useless role that's counter-intuitive for what townies do in a game
IBA
The Mark

Post by IBA »

I just don’t believe the claimed role for Omega. It feels made up. I know there’s some wacky abilities in the game but it’s oppressively anti-town to put on town, and like, now what, it’s a rush to spam posts at eod? I mean I know people have this dumb idea that town are supposed to not care about dying, but, that’s dumb.

Makes the game borderline unplayable, I call shenanigans.
LordQuas
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LordQuas »

Inawordyes wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:55 pm
LordQuas wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:52 pm

There's another layer of it too, which is that the commute only happened during the day, not during the night. If it's applicable for the entire cycle or just until EoD, we won't know until it happens, but it's one thing for a townie to have a night commuter to prevent getting NK'ed, it's quite another for a townie to have a day commuter when again, town's biggest asset is their vote and voice, and saving yourself from a chop by just being absent is incredibly whelming as a townie ability when it doesn't prevent you from getting killed by the mafia overnight, whereas it protects mafia from getting chopped since they otherwise can't die overnight

it's either a mafia or 3P ability, I don't see how it can be town without being a useless role that's counter-intuitive for what townies do in a game
tbh i wasnt assuming it would remove post & vote ability but regardless theres already been one strictly anti town town role flipped (the one that skips a day if killed)
IBA
The Mark

Post by IBA »

Is it time to just do a full role claim? Gives Colin his win if he’s telling the truth anyway
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Inawordyes »

IBA wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:56 pm I just don’t believe the claimed role for Omega. It feels made up. I know there’s some wacky abilities in the game but it’s oppressively anti-town to put on town, and like, now what, it’s a rush to spam posts at eod? I mean I know people have this dumb idea that town are supposed to not care about dying, but, that’s dumb.

I don't believe the role is wrong per se, I'm in the middle of reading their ISO and this post
DaughterOfOmega wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:42 pm
DeeZees wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:40 pm New tinfoil:
DOOM lied about their role and actually did that so we post more and actually is a back up, backing up guillo's role
So I'm a backup who claimed low post killer.

Who then has killed the two low posters?

That would need to exist elsewhere

I've seen you sow seeds of doubt and mafia logic so far today
I do agree with. If Daughter is lying, then the kills have to be explained some other way. Not impossible though

Which is moreso to say, I don't believe Daughter is lying about their role so much as they are lying about their alignment
LordQuas
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LordQuas »

IBA wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:56 pm I just don’t believe the claimed role for Omega. It feels made up. I know there’s some wacky abilities in the game but it’s oppressively anti-town to put on town, and like, now what, it’s a rush to spam posts at eod? I mean I know people have this dumb idea that town are supposed to not care about dying, but, that’s dumb.

i've seen slank vigs for town before

usually in larger games where killing low posters is very important for town to do, and rarely if ever is it the ONLY town kp

but again there's already been one strictly bad for town town role so i wouldn't judge on "this role is anti town so it cant be town"
LordQuas
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LordQuas »

IBA wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:58 pm Is it time to just do a full role claim? Gives Colin his win if he’s telling the truth anyway
i was considering it at SoD
LordQuas
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LordQuas »

Inawordyes wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:59 pm

I don't believe the role is wrong per se, I'm in the middle of reading their ISO and this post
DaughterOfOmega wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:42 pm
DeeZees wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:40 pm New tinfoil:
DOOM lied about their role and actually did that so we post more and actually is a back up, backing up guillo's role
So I'm a backup who claimed low post killer.

Who then has killed the two low posters?

That would need to exist elsewhere

I've seen you sow seeds of doubt and mafia logic so far today
I do agree with. If Daughter is lying, then the kills have to be explained some other way. Not impossible though

Which is moreso to say, I don't believe Daughter is lying about their role so much as they are lying about their alignment
IBA can correct me if i'm wrong but i think IBA is saying that
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 214

Post by DaughterOfOmega »

You can tell me revealing my walrus over this game says something about how engaging my role is
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

you can tell by
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Inawordyes »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:01 pm You can tell me revealing my walrus over this game says something about how engaging my role is
I have nothing of value to contribute via my role either, but

as stated twice already on this page

if townie, your power is in your vote and your voice, not your roles

so if you're not engaged in the game because of your role

aka, you're focusing more on your role than the content you could generate and the game-solving you can do

at best, it's having the wrong focus and a bad mindset for having WIM in this game

at worst, it's an unintentional self-tell that you're not town
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

Inawordyes wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:05 pm
DaughterOfOmega wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:01 pm You can tell me revealing my walrus over this game says something about how engaging my role is

aka, you're focusing more on your role than the content you could generate and the game-solving you can do

at best, it's having the wrong focus and a bad mindset for having WIM in this game

you said it

i vibe with that
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Inawordyes »

And considering you're reading along and lurking enough to know we're talking about you to conveniently pop in, then you can definitely contribute when your walrus reveal is done and you have time freed up, so I expect at least a readslist before I go to bed. Anything to show that you care about solving this game
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Inawordyes »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:06 pm
Inawordyes wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:05 pm

you said it

i vibe with that
:charlieblackmon: :charlieblackmon:
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Inawordyes »

@IBA @LordQuas see above, if I'm reading Daughter's response correctly
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Inawordyes »

Val, where's your head at atm?
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

Inawordyes wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:06 pm And considering you're reading along and lurking enough to know we're talking about you to conveniently pop in, then you can definitely contribute when your walrus reveal is done and you have time freed up, so I expect at least a readslist before I go to bed. Anything to show that you care about solving this game
"And considering you're reading along and lurking enough to know we're talking about you"

I didn't even know this actually

believe it or not, funny as fuck though

I just revealed an entire walrus cat, so haven't been lurking
IBA
The Mark

Post by IBA »

Yeah let’s kill Doom I honestly see no downside
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

IBA wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:09 pm Yeah let’s kill Doom I honestly see no downside
:huh:

Return to “The Syndicate's 10-Year Anniversary Festival”