No votes
people who enjoy food (host/deads/nons)
33%

Total votes: 12
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Re: Monopoly Mafia [Day 2]

Post by bea »

Elohcin wrote:
Long Con wrote:That's the point, not mentioning Made at all is telling in itself. I've been caught as a baddie for never talking about my teammate at all.
No offense, but I've been bad enough times with others who are really good baddies to know that you always interact/talk about your teammates a little. I honestly didn't see the suspicions on Made to be any good. I thought I was onto something with Juliets, so I went with that and didn't think mentioning Made was needed. But whatever, you don't believe me, lynch me and you will find out.

@ Juliets: I read all of Lorabs posts. I didn't find anything that set up a good case for me and Made being teammates.

I have an idea. Epi, what do you think of me this game? Since everyone always seems to believe that you can read me so well.
cvfdv
I firmly raise my hand in disagrement at the idea that he can read you well at all. :p And also he may have had some good luck at it - but he failed too - and also I've seen him vouch you and lie becaue that was in your both best interests. It's the curse lc and br bear, the curse I and bdh bear, Daisy and socky bear, and keys and splintsy. Yes- his opinion of you will always be one i take in to conciderations - as well as yours on him.

I find it EXTREAMLY FUNNY - that no one asked elo what she thought of epi that I see yet.

the vouch of a spouse only goes so far.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 350
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Re: Monopoly Mafia [Day 4]

Post by Turnip Head »

LoRab wrote:
bea wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Guys come on. Long Con isn't a baddie. I think if anyone can read him, I can. I know I voted for him yesterday, but his gameplay since then has not been baddie like in the slightest.
I'm super impressed by your confidence in being able to read LC. You know he was the inventor and cause of :feb: right?
Just for the sake of accurate history, LC did design :feb:, but I actually requested the creation of the smiley. Because, really, if an idea ever needed a smiley, it was FEB. He's actually modeled after Diamond Dog. I can't remember who was the first to be described as a FEB, or who was the first to use the term.
I was about to say, Diamond Dog was truly the original FEB. I'm thinking the term came from the Angel game on TP but that could be wrong. Or it might have been Sco's Mafia 2099 game. DD was basically a FEB in every single game he played. :P

(Someone please find him and force him to join us here!)
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Elohcin wrote:maybe I should have gone after BR with my suspish instead of Juliets. :ponder:

btw, I don't really think Epi can read me like a book, I just think it is silly that so many others do. asking Epi was more of a joke than anything, although I am interested in what he thinks :) I figured it was good as time as any to ask and why not I do it before everyone else begin to ask him.

linki...no one else finds this back and forth to be odd?

"Who do you find suspicious?"

"No one."

"Okay, me either."

what?! why ask that if you have no intentions of carrying on the conversation? I don't understand why NO ONE else finds this odd and like distancing. I really do! :sigh:

linki - splints, even if we both checked each other, if we aren't the same color we wouldn't gain btsc. I don't get why you assume we would. And when did he defend me. I didn't see that. If I had, I wouldn't have asked what he thought of my affiliation.

more linki!

more linki!

of the whole exchange - I STILL find it odd that NONE ever asks you what you think of him. :sigh:

and yea - I didn't find the convo weird given what I know of their past history - but I also know you don't know that So you might find it odd.

and now you are replaced so it doesn't really matter anymore :(
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Turnip Head wrote:
LoRab wrote:
bea wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Guys come on. Long Con isn't a baddie. I think if anyone can read him, I can. I know I voted for him yesterday, but his gameplay since then has not been baddie like in the slightest.
I'm super impressed by your confidence in being able to read LC. You know he was the inventor and cause of :feb: right?
Just for the sake of accurate history, LC did design :feb:, but I actually requested the creation of the smiley. Because, really, if an idea ever needed a smiley, it was FEB. He's actually modeled after Diamond Dog. I can't remember who was the first to be described as a FEB, or who was the first to use the term.
I was about to say, Diamond Dog was truly the original FEB. I'm thinking the term came from the Angel game on TP but that could be wrong. Or it might have been Sco's Mafia 2099 game. DD was basically a FEB in every single game he played. :P

(Someone please find him and force him to join us here!)
Fair enough historians. DD was FEB first or second or third right behind or in front of LC or maybe Lorab. :p

fwiw - Diamond Dog is the civ ninja in my Bowie game - cuz that's how I roll :noble:

And also - I can't believe I'm still 15 pages behind but this is the on topic I get to castsup on. :sigh:
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Boogs »

Wow Epignosis is trying to turn the tables and paint me as bad. Sorry to dissapoint you all. The reasons you listed were lame. I was not buddying with BWT or vice versa.he was trying to follow my lead and get Lc lynched, then when it didnt work out he went defensive. I didnt move my vote because I was and still am confident LC has something shady going on and is a RR. Also, I did not win Electric Company unless Boo didn't send me a pm or somethibg. You guys seem to forget Electric Company voters got extra 200 where i did not. So look again TH, it wasnt me.

Going to be out of town for BFs birthday weekend, but will check in as much as i can when free
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 176

Post by thellama73 »

Points to bea for posting 11 times in a row.

$10 on rob.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Also one last comment: The lame spreadsheet thing Epignosis said: Why would i publically announce my spreadsheet with BwT if he were my teammate to help everyone? I'm not bad nor his teammate and I am Civ.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Boogs wrote:Also one last comment: The lame spreadsheet thing Epignosis said: Why would i publically announce my spreadsheet with BwT if he were my teammate to help everyone? I'm not bad nor his teammate and I am Civ.
But Turnip Head isn't.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Vote 150
Deflect 200

Havent bought or won anything, so let me try harder this time darn it.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

thellama73 wrote:
Boogs wrote:Also one last comment: The lame spreadsheet thing Epignosis said: Why would i publically announce my spreadsheet with BwT if he were my teammate to help everyone? I'm not bad nor his teammate and I am Civ.
But Turnip Head isn't.
I actually wish he were when he won stuff, but he is not part of my set.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

thellama73 wrote:Points to bea for posting 11 times in a row.

$10 on rob.
what - I'm just trying to catsup as fast as I can - and this vote ends sat?? fuck's sake. :( I'll keep doing my best to keep reading
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 145

Post by fingersplints »

$10 on rob.
$25 on rob

:)
Gro-oo-ovy
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 304
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Wow, lots going on! Sorry I wasn't around last night, real life sometimes has to take priority. :( I feel like I have so many things to comment on.

I also loved "freakwently". That is a truly awesome typo, never seen the like. :haha:

Shout out to Diamond Dog, the original FEB - he had that title locked down long before I had even won my first game as a baddie. :feb:

Here's a fun tidbit, the series of FEB Smileys that Lorab critiqued and requested slight changes to until we got the one we know and love today: Image Image Image Image Image

I like Epig's case on Boogs, there does seem to be some meat there despite Boogs' denial. I would gladly vote for Boogs, and I'm not ashamed to admit it's partially because his main goal in this game is to get me dead.

HOWEVER... why has no one mentioned Hedgeowl's survival? Turnip Head, did you use your protect on her? 'Cause otherwise... she's a baddie. Right? I don't know why it hasn't been mentioned yet. :eye:
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 183
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

bea wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Lorab indicted me of being unkind toward her in every context. I have done my due diligence and I can find no place (other than when we were bad together in chat) of her being angry with me. If Lorab can identify where I have been rude or "attacking," I would like the opportunity to make that right.

Barring that, I think Lorab = bad.
You think I'm mad because I'm annoyed? That is just not true. I'm just sick of the way you always say I'm wrong. You're right, I haven't been angry, because I don't usually let my frustration out. But show me one time when I have had an opinion and you haven't told me that I'm wrong.

And why do you think I'm bad, exactly? Is it because I'm fighting back?

Anyway, I have my third 14 hour work day in a row tomorrow and I'm not sure how much I'll be around tomorrow.

Voting Elo. Because of the points I made earlier. And she hasn't defended, or even acknowledged. And I have no reason to think differently from my original thoughts (except for Epi saying that I can't possibly be right).

fwiw - not defending lorab - not trying to damn epi.

but I remember JC asking early of epi about elo's allignment. And she said "he's only been wrong once."

I disagree. He's been wrong at least twice. The first time - they were baddies together in the grim game rox and I hosted
The second time - the time JC rembers (I think?) is in Potter. He was REALLY bad at reading his wife that game. OR she was JUST THAT GOOD at snowing him. ;)

still sooo much more to catsup on... :sigh:
That's really interesting bea. He told me he had only missed one and your right that one was the Hobbit. Good to know there was a second time. Seems he can't be relied on to read her. (I think she also said in another game it was that once - maybe they forgot about Grimm). Something to work out after the game I suppose.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 142

Post by Epignosis »

juliets wrote:
bea wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Lorab indicted me of being unkind toward her in every context. I have done my due diligence and I can find no place (other than when we were bad together in chat) of her being angry with me. If Lorab can identify where I have been rude or "attacking," I would like the opportunity to make that right.

Barring that, I think Lorab = bad.
You think I'm mad because I'm annoyed? That is just not true. I'm just sick of the way you always say I'm wrong. You're right, I haven't been angry, because I don't usually let my frustration out. But show me one time when I have had an opinion and you haven't told me that I'm wrong.

And why do you think I'm bad, exactly? Is it because I'm fighting back?

Anyway, I have my third 14 hour work day in a row tomorrow and I'm not sure how much I'll be around tomorrow.

Voting Elo. Because of the points I made earlier. And she hasn't defended, or even acknowledged. And I have no reason to think differently from my original thoughts (except for Epi saying that I can't possibly be right).

fwiw - not defending lorab - not trying to damn epi.

but I remember JC asking early of epi about elo's allignment. And she said "he's only been wrong once."

I disagree. He's been wrong at least twice. The first time - they were baddies together in the grim game rox and I hosted
The second time - the time JC rembers (I think?) is in Potter. He was REALLY bad at reading his wife that game. OR she was JUST THAT GOOD at snowing him. ;)

still sooo much more to catsup on... :sigh:
That's really interesting bea. He told me he had only missed one and your right that one was the Hobbit. Good to know there was a second time. Seems he can't be relied on to read her. (I think she also said in another game it was that once - maybe they forgot about Grimm). Something to work out after the game I suppose.
What? The Hobbit? I commanded her lynch in that one.

And how could I be wrong about Eloh in Grimm's when we were teammates? :confused:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Boogs wrote:Wow Epignosis is trying to turn the tables and paint me as bad.
Turn the tables? :confused:
Boogs wrote:Sorry to dissapoint you all. The reasons you listed were lame. I was not buddying with BWT or vice versa.he was trying to follow my lead and get Lc lynched, then when it didnt work out he went defensive.
Oh? Let's see.
birdwithteeth11 wrote:I would defend myself, but I don't have the time right now. I'm way behind on something for work with training, and I need to spend most of tonight working on it. Unfortunately, all I can do is vote LC and hope I somehow survive (which doesn't look good for me at this point). I do find it funny that a lot of you think I've been participating quite a bit. I chalk this game up there with most of the ones where I'm barely participating due to lack of time to get involved.
bwt did not follow your lead and try to get LC lynched. He voted LC to try to save himself. His posts prior to this are indicative of someone who didn't want to vote LC. He only got "defensive" after I wrote a post against him and he took votes.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

fingersplints wrote:

$10 on rob.
$25 on rob

:)
:mad:

$30 on rob.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I know I'm worth more than $30. :lorab:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

The case on Boogs is good.

I think Turnip head is bad, though.

BWT flips bad, I suggest looking at the people who voted for him late in the day.
thellama73 wrote:Now, who is BWT's partner? I would guess someone who voted for him after his lynch became inevitable, after Spacedaisy at least. Maybe Turnip Head of Splintsy-Splints.
Turnip Head singles out Daisy, even though the timing of her vote makes no sense for a teammate. ALso helps that she is not around to defend herself.
Turnip Head wrote:I still feel that this is the sketchiest vote all day, and BWT flipping utility makes it even sketchier to me:
Spacedaisy wrote:I give up. I don't have time to catch up. I honestly don't even know the mechanics of this game. I'm going to roll with a BWT vote.
She hadn't even read the thread. Still managed to vote for BWT.
When I point out this makes no sense, he claims that BWT's lynch was inevitable when he only had four votes. Really?
Turnip Head wrote:I don't think there was a big chance to save BWT yesterday... I felt his lynch was inevitable, like FZ's. Maybe if Metalmarsh had garnered more votes it would have been closer. But it was LC who had the most non-BWT votes, and there was a lot of hesitation to lynch him yesterday.

Whether she's civvie or baddie, Daisy's vote stands out, and needs to be explained.
He pushes this idea for a few posts, when nobody bites, he changes the subject.
Turnip Head wrote:We would need to cross reference all of BWT's suspicions with the players that we know landed on a Utility square (and got rolechecked)
He then pleads a frame-up.
Turnip Head wrote:Looking back at BWT's posts, it seems he killed Black Rock in an attempt to set me up :|

Other than that he didn't mention suspicion of many players outside of Boogs and Llama, neither of which have been checked by the uties.
Then Epig makes an admittedly elegant case on Boogs. TH immediately agrees.
Turnip Head wrote:I can dig it Epi. Boogs can have his turn in the hot seat. The interaction between him and BWT is weird.
I call him out on changing the subject, as a late BWT voter. He responds.
Turnip Head wrote:I've been a late voter every lynch, and expect the trend to continue.

I was the first person to agree with Epi's original case on BWT, so there's that.

$10 Electric Company

This rather misses the point. It is not the fact that he voted late, but that he voted late for BWT specifically, that is consistent with what a teammate would do.

He bid on Electric Company, although he screwed it up, and his vote gave him a $200 boost. Water Works has the most incentive to bid on Electric Company.
Turnip Head wrote:Well I meant to outbid Boogs on Electric Company but my dumbass didn't increase the bid to $11. So boogs has Electric Company.
Overall, his tone sounds to me like someone who is desperately trying to change the subject to anybody but him. I refuse to let the subject be changed.
Turnip Head wrote:Well I meant to outbid Boogs on Electric Company but my dumbass didn't increase the bid to $11. So boogs has Electric Company.

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 356
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I would pay $47 for a rob

Linki: you forgot one post llama.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Re: Monopoly Mafia [Night 3]

Post by Marmot »

This is what I'm talking about.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:TH, would you mind telling me how you went from this
Turnip Head wrote:I'm potentially looking at a MetalMarsh vote today and wondering how much support there would be behind that.
to this, your very next post (14 hour difference, yes)
Turnip Head wrote: From my reread, I don't think MM is a railroad. I would like to know his top suspicions outside of juliets... I don't think there's any reason to suspect jules at this point. Although she fooled me in Dr Who :mafia:
The second post sounds fine, but the sincerity doesn't seem to match between the two. What changed your mind? Why were you garnering interest in my lynch when you had no reason to vote for me?

Linki: I agree, their votes had nothing to do with BWT based on the timing, but that doesn't mean the converse is false.

Also, didn't BWT vote for Boogs first?

Is TH always this blendy?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

boo, when do the small random powers go out to players?

I bet I didn't get one...

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Llama you do make a very well put case on TH. My delimma is that people I trust are saying I have misguided concerns on LC, who had been rumored to be partnered with you. I suspected LC as i still do, however, I am not understanding why there was no kill last night. I am confused by this and wondering if the baddies are inactive, which would rule LC out or if something else happened last night. I wouldnt be opposed to TH as I didnt win the bid and that it appears he did and Water Works would need that card. i could see he could be bad, but I am not sure 100% to vote yet. Epignosis seems to try to bring attention to me when I did to him earlier in the game now. I have to wonder his "look at me, i got bwt lynched" is to make us trust him because HE is a Railroad. I would be willing to vote him also.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:Because I asked Boo if I won and he told me somebody else already bid $10. For some reason I thought the bidding was at $6.

>.<
:ponder:

DF bid for EC, but he didn't vote bwt.
DFaraday wrote:I JUST missed it?!? I'm so sorry, Boo.

Great result though! $2.
Lorab bid:
LoRab wrote:Heyyyyyyyyy....you......guyssssssss.......

Did I just date myself terribly? Please. Someone else have gotten that.

Nice catch. Need to reread to catch a possible connection.

$5 on electric company because why not.
$5 + $200 for voting bwt = $205
Boogs wrote:Wow! Awesome! :) I am weary of bidding for the card, but i suppose i will. $10 on Electric Company

Boo- I dont see the bonus for people voting BWT in the auction? Also, TH bid on something yet I see no powers up for bid. Confused.
Boogs did not vote bwt, so his bid is just $10.

However:
Turnip Head wrote:I've been a late voter every lynch, and expect the trend to continue.

I was the first person to agree with Epi's original case on BWT, so there's that.

$10 Electric Company
You did vote for bwt, so $200+$10 = $210

You should have won the Electric Company, but you say you didn't. And Boogs says he didn't (which is obviously true):
Boogs wrote:Also, I did not win Electric Company unless Boo didn't send me a pm or somethibg. You guys seem to forget Electric Company voters got extra 200 where i did not. So look again TH, it wasnt me.
So unless Lorab somehow won it on a technicality, there's this:
boo wrote:1st) Win an auction (Allows the player who uses it to place a bid in an auction and then end the auction immediately in order to win it) - Starts at $250
But bwt won that as far as I could tell:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:RIPIYWG BR! I can't remember much of what you said, so I'll have to go back and re-read you.

$400 on win an auction
I smell a rat. A sewer rat. :ponder:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote: But bwt won that as far as I could tell:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:RIPIYWG BR! I can't remember much of what you said, so I'll have to go back and re-read you.

$400 on win an auction
I smell a rat. A sewer rat. :ponder:
bwt also won the silent auction, the only other power that could affect that auction.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 147

Post by S~V~S »

bea wrote:

$10 on rob.
what - I'm just trying to catsup as fast as I can - and this vote ends sat?? fuck's sake. :( I'll keep doing my best to keep reading
Not sure why you had to shut her down :(

i was looking forward to hearing Beas take on the rest of the thread.
Long Con wrote:
HOWEVER... why has no one mentioned Hedgeowl's survival? Turnip Head, did you use your protect on her? 'Cause otherwise... she's a baddie. Right? I don't know why it hasn't been mentioned yet. :eye:
This, it's the first thing I did when I went back into the thread is look to see who died in the night. But I only see two ways to NOT be nightkilled by the rails other than that protect LC mentions; being a Utility, or being a Rail. Which is possible being as they may not have full BTS yet.

But for now, I am going to vote for Hedgeowl, as i am not sure how she can be other than bad. If something plausible comes up explaining it, awesome, votes changeable.

Now I have to reread the thread back through the end of the last day; I came home early from work yesterday with some kind of virus or something, and went to bed early. I called in sick today, so will have catch up time.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Marmot
Marmot

Re: Monopoly Mafia [Night 1]

Post by Marmot »

Or, there's this.
boo wrote:Night 1 Event: I have a list of 24 powers currently (there are some more that are locked up because I'm RNGing everything and don't want them to be able to get listed yet). You may PM a power description you think is one of the 24 that is not 1 of the three already confirmed (or protect/roleblock), and if you're right, you will get 1 extra vote you may send in during any lynch. If you submit one that is not on the list but I like enough to put onto the list, you get 2 any time votes.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Or, there's this.
boo wrote:Night 1 Event: I have a list of 24 powers currently (there are some more that are locked up because I'm RNGing everything and don't want them to be able to get listed yet). You may PM a power description you think is one of the 24 that is not 1 of the three already confirmed (or protect/roleblock), and if you're right, you will get 1 extra vote you may send in during any lynch. If you submit one that is not on the list but I like enough to put onto the list, you get 2 any time votes.
And...he's been auctioning them off. Publicly. Lets clarify this point.

@boo~ Are these 24 powers just being given out behind the scenes, or are they the ones being auctioned?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Has Hedgeowl won an auction?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:
bea wrote:

$10 on rob.
Not sure why you had to shut her down :(

i was looking forward to hearing Beas take on the rest of the thread.
Long Con wrote:
This, it's the first thing I did when I went back into the thread is look to see who died in the night. But I only see two ways to NOT be nightkilled by the rails other than that protect LC mentions; being a Utility, or being a Rail. Which is possible being as they may not have full BTS yet.

But for now, I am going to vote for Hedgeowl, as i am not sure how she can be other than bad. If something plausible comes up explaining it, awesome, votes changeable.

Now I have to reread the thread back through the end of the last day; I came home early from work yesterday with some kind of virus or something, and went to bed early. I called in sick today, so will have catch up time.
Take care SVS

I agree (yeah, yeah, I know). I was going to wait until TH responded since he had the protect since LC mentioned that. Still, unless he had BTSC with Hedgeowl, there was no reason to use it then.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Or, there's this.
And...he's been auctioning them off. Publicly. Lets clarify this point.

@boo~ Are these 24 powers just being given out behind the scenes, or are they the ones being auctioned?
My point was that some players will have gotten 1 or 2 extra votes in the lynch poll, meaning that someone who did not vote on bwt's lynch may have placed a secret vote on him. Hence, they would get an extra $200 on a property.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

You did not get my post in linkitis? I posted a good 30 seconds before you did.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

It seemed like a reasonable response to me lol :haha:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

While we are both here, Metalmarsh, what do you think of Hedges survival? Do you think there is a plausible reason why she could have susrvived an NK other than being a baddie?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Lol, I missed YOU in linki as well. Well, changeable votes.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:You did not get my post in linkitis? I posted a good 30 seconds before you did.
:confused: Which post? Did I double-clarify something? I'm confused.

Linki: What?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I missed that linki too... XD

Yeah, that was my assumption. I've seen no other explanation for her survival.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Guys, this is a tad off the subject but isn't it true a property doesnt get double it's rent value unless all (in this case 3) partners have found each other? Or was there another way to get double the rent? I'm asking because in going through the daily moves Lorab moved onto a square, Vermont Ave, that charged the bank double the rent. Does this mean those 3 properties are whole now or have I forgotten something important about doubling the rent?

On TH, I had been reading him as good until Epi's case popped out. And when I checked my spreadsheet it looked like TH bid the same $10 as someone else until Epi brought up that of course it's +$200 because he voted for bwt. The one thing I don't understand is why would you lie when its relatively easy to find out who the highest bidder was? I will take a look at TH's posts today and see what I think.

Also need to take a look at Hedgie.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

@boo~ Was this a one use protection, or is it a nightly/daily power? It reads like a one time use to me, but better safe than sorry, because it really could be read either way I guess.
3rd) Protect (Can be used to protect a person of your choice at night if you pick during a day, and remove a person of your choice from being on the lynch poll if used at night) - $50 start
If it is a one time use, then I doubt TH would have used it at this point.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Both Connecticut and Oriental also got twice their rent (the two partners of Vermont) so I think it is safe to say that group is whole.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I took llama's comment to bea to mean "Bea gets points for posting 11 times in a row" whereas I think bea took it to mean "I'm pointing at bea, pointing out a flagrant undecuple-poster!" At least, I think that's what happened, looks like it was taken the wrong way?

I also believe I recall one of the rules in bidding is that you have to beat the last person's bid by what you bid, possible $200 bonus notwithstanding. So Turnip Head would have had to bid $11 in order to beat Lorab's $205.

Turnip Head may be bad, but I don't believe he won the auction for Electric Company and lied about it... so it's not really valid to suspect him for that. Llama's case feels solid and doesn't include the auction result - my eye is definitely back on TH, and I haven't forgotten my early theory about him trusting Epig.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

S~V~S wrote:Has Hedgeowl won an auction?
I have her down as winning the windfall auction but I'd be more comfortable if someone else shows that in their records as well.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

juliets wrote:Both Connecticut and Oriental also got twice their rent (the two partners of Vermont) so I think it is safe to say that group is whole.
Looks like it. I wonder how long before we see more pop up. No houses or hotels yet, though.

Yes, I have Hedgeowl as the Windfall winner as well.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I was looking at the Pastebin to confirm juliets' observations, and I just wanted to say "HA HA Waterworks, you only made 4x the dice roll instead of 10x! Burn in hell, Electric Company!" :feb: That's for killing my wife. :stare: Well, Wife 1.0.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote: No houses or hotels yet, though.
Why do you say that?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:
Why do you say that?
Well, because I don't see any on the board, and the people who landed on them didn't get charged those rates. :shrug: That's a cheap building area, it's interesting that they didn't put up hotels right away.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Why do you say that?
Well, because I don't see any on the board, and the people who landed on them didn't get charged those rates. :shrug: That's a cheap building area, it's interesting that they didn't put up hotels right away.
Unless I'm misinterpreting what those little green boxes on the right hand side mean, I would say some folks have been rather industrious in the real estate market:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

:huh: Oh, shit. You're right.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I should clarify, when I said "I don't see any on the board", I was talking about the Light Blues. I think that was clear, but you never know.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Long Con wrote:I should clarify, when I said "I don't see any on the board", I was talking about the Light Blues. I think that was clear, but you never know.
You were the one who won the auto-find property. So if two groups have gained BTSC, I'd guarantee you are in one of them

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”